PDA

View Full Version : YIKES!!!!! Okay... That was a little scary...

DontBeMessin
09-10-2012, 02:41 PM
I watched the game from beginning to end. Well, not entirely, but you understand what I'm saying...

Okay - I'm scared... Your team looked like they've been playing with Manning for YEARS!!!! Your defense looked solid also. I was impressed. Now, there wasn't much pressure on Manning, I have no clue why they didn't blitz, but giving him time is the wrong thing to do! Always has been...

So, great performance, and see you soon... still will bet avatars!!!

SonOfLe-loLang
09-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Have you never seen Manning pick apart a blitz? Thats why

lolcopter
09-10-2012, 02:43 PM
Have you never seen Manning pick apart a blitz? Thats why

This

They blitzed on the DT88 screen TD play

crush17
09-10-2012, 02:47 PM
They blitzed a bunch, but Manning calls his protections so well that it rarely came into play.

On his 2nd sack, he called the complete wrong protection and got eaten alive.

Still, its amazing watching him work.

You should be scared.

Kaylore
09-10-2012, 02:51 PM
They blitzed.

Irish Stout
09-10-2012, 02:53 PM
Manning was sacked hard twice and they brought 5 many many times. Protection was actually decent and Manning was able to get rid of the ball quickly on blitz reads.

I hope to see continual improvement from the O-line.

DontBeMessin
09-10-2012, 02:53 PM
They should have blitz more... They should have taken a chapter out of the Ravens defense...

Believe me - the Raiders will...

ZONA
09-10-2012, 02:56 PM
They blitzed a bunch, but Manning calls his protections so well that it rarely came into play.

On his 2nd sack, he called the complete wrong protection and got eaten alive.

Uh, I don't know about that. On both sacks, 2 guys blew their blocking assignment. On 1, Moreno frickin whiffed on his dude (Moreno, try keeping your head up next time to see what it is you are trying to block). On the other, Clady screwed up and didn't block anything but air molecules.

I don't put either of those sacks on Manning calling protections.

Kaylore
09-10-2012, 02:59 PM
They should have blitz more... They should have taken a chapter out of the Ravens defense...

Oh please do! Here's an article from 2009 on how blitzing Manning is dumb.

http://profootball.scout.com/2/932036.html
Opponents also know it's tough to rattle Manning, so his 133 attempts versus the blitz is near the middle of the pack (16th). His completion rate is virtually even whether facing a blitz or not, but he makes opponents pay with 9.01 yards per attempt--significantly higher than his 7.56 without that pressure. With ten touchdown passes, four interceptions and just five sacks, the blitz isn't a significant factor in deterring him from keeping his offense moving.

crush17
09-10-2012, 02:59 PM
I do, I put the 2nd one completely on him. Go back and re-watch it.

lolcopter
09-10-2012, 03:00 PM

Blitzing Peyton Manning is just playing right into his hands

Good luck with that tho

DontBeMessin
09-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Oh please do! Here's an article from 2009 on how blitzing Manning is dumb.

http://profootball.scout.com/2/932036.html

First off, that was three years ago when he had an offensive line and was with another team and wasn't coming off, what some might call, a career ending injury...

We shall see....

DontBeMessin
09-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Blitzing Peyton Manning is just playing right into his hands

Good luck with that tho

It would be if he was still wearing blue and white...

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-10-2012, 03:07 PM

Dennis Allen knows better than to blitz manning.

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-10-2012, 03:08 PM
It would be if he was still wearing blue and white...

Recognizing the blitz resulted in a screen pass to DT resulting in a TD that was how many yards?

menonite
09-10-2012, 03:09 PM

Isn't manning 7 and 0 or 8 and 0agaisnt the Ravens over the last 10 years? I think I remember reading that. I may be mistaken.

DBroncos4life
09-10-2012, 03:10 PM
First off, that was three years ago when he had an offensive line and was with another team and wasn't coming off, what some might call, a career ending injury...

We shall see....

Hilarious! This **** again!

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Isn't manning 7 and 0 or 8 and 0agaisnt the Ravens over the last 10 years? I think I remember reading that. I may be mistaken.

I think he's like 7-2 against the Ravens. A healthy winning record against messin's assumption.

TheReverend
09-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Even better news for the Broncos:

Tonight, Rivers will beat Oakland so badly, he'll be arrested for rape.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-10-2012, 03:13 PM

We shall see....

Our O-line held up just fine against one of the most creative teams at bringing pressure.

I've long said this, the only way to rattle manning is by collapsing the pocket from the middle. If you dont allow him to step into his throws, you can rattle him a bit. Of course, this is easier said than done, but if you blitz him, nine times outof ten he knows where he's going quicker than your blitz can get to him.

When you have a player that good, youre damned if you do, damned if you dont. There's a reason his teams have won as many games as they have.

menonite
09-10-2012, 03:15 PM
I think he's like 7-2 against the Ravens. A healthy winning record against messin's assumption.

I may be reading this wrong but it looks like he lost in 98 and 01 and then has won the next 8 meetings in a row.

Source

http://mcubed.net/nfl/bal/ind.shtml

razorwire77
09-10-2012, 03:16 PM
I watched the game from beginning to end. Well, not entirely, but you understand what I'm saying...

Okay - I'm scared... Your team looked like they've been playing with Manning for YEARS!!!! Your defense looked solid also. I was impressed. Now, there wasn't much pressure on Manning, I have no clue why they didn't blitz, but giving him time is the wrong thing to do! Always has been...

Prepare your anus

http://i.imgur.com/UByR1.gif

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-10-2012, 03:16 PM
I may be reading this wrong but it looks like he lost in 98 and 01 and then has won the next 8 meetings in a row.

Source

http://mcubed.net/nfl/bal/ind.shtml

Ya I don't see any other losses than those 2. Pretty dominant against a good defense over the years

DontBeMessin
09-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Dennis Allen knows better than to blitz manning.

He knows better TO blitz Manning since your oline SUCKS!!!

Goobzilla
09-10-2012, 03:18 PM
This message is hidden because DontBeMessin is on your ignore list.

DontBeMessin
09-10-2012, 03:19 PM

I could care less about him "winning'' against the Ravens, I am talking about him getting sacked... Please stay on topic...

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-10-2012, 03:19 PM

Apparently you didn't watch the game. Or preseason starters. You're still basing the Oline from a year ago with another QB. That's ok. You assumed we would lose to the steelers and that spoooged all over your face.

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-10-2012, 03:20 PM
I could care less about him "winning'' against the Ravens, I am talking about him getting sacked... Please stay on topic...

So sacks count more than wins? Ha! Youre precious.

Los Broncos
09-10-2012, 03:25 PM

All that talk dont scare us.

DontBeMessin
09-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Apparently you didn't watch the game. Or preseason starters. You're still basing the Oline from a year ago with another QB. That's ok. You assumed we would lose to the steelers and that spoooged all over your face.

I don't the Steelers are a great team this year. They lost too many people and some are injured...

You basically beat the Falcons or Seahawks...

DontBeMessin
09-10-2012, 03:28 PM
So sacks count more than wins? Ha! Youre precious.

Yes... If you are dealing with the Ravens offense and ours this year (God help us if McFadden gets injured again...)

So, yes - sacks do count...

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-10-2012, 03:37 PM
I don't the Steelers are a great team this year. They lost too many people and some are injured...

Not sure if you noticed but our best LB not named Von wasnt playing. Resulting in their TEs abusing our LBs.

And sacks do count you are right about that. But wins count more.

DarkHorse30
09-10-2012, 03:48 PM
Uh, I don't know about that. On both sacks, 2 guys blew their blocking assignment. On 1, Moreno frickin whiffed on his dude (Moreno, try keeping your head up next time to see what it is you are trying to block). On the other, Clady screwed up and didn't block anything but air molecules.

I don't put either of those sacks on Manning calling protections.

I think Moreno had 2 guys to block - and blocked the inside guy. Collinsworth said that one was on Manning (he switched his protection to the opposite side)

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-10-2012, 03:55 PM
I think Moreno had 2 guys to block - and blocked the inside guy. Collinsworth said that one was on Manning (he switched his protection to the opposite side)

I think he's talking about the first whiff. You're right about that one. At first I thought moreno but after watching the replay there were 2 guys coming from that side and moreno picked up one

Broncobiv
09-10-2012, 04:01 PM
Prepare your anus

http://i.imgur.com/UByR1.gif

It makes me sad that (apparently) animated GIF's don't work on Facebook.

menonite
09-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Imgur is great for Gifs smaller than 2 mb. Imageshack or some adult image hosts for larger gifs.

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/9127/76876hjuk8.gif

I went for the dramatic "Mentos" commercial pause with my version. I figured I'd add a caption later. maybe.

maher_tyler
09-10-2012, 04:16 PM

The Steelers are still a top 10 team. I bet they beat every other team in this division.

Broncobiv
09-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Imgur is great for Gifs smaller than 2 mb. Imageshack or some adult image hosts for larger gifs.

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/9127/76876hjuk8.gif

I went for the dramatic "Mentos" commercial pause with my version. I figured I'd add a caption later. maybe.

I tried putting the animated GIF in one of my Facebook photo galleries but it was just frozen on the first frame. No animation. I don't think it's a problem with the size, just the file type?

lolcopter
09-10-2012, 04:30 PM
I tried putting the animated GIF in one of my Facebook photo galleries but it was just frozen on the first frame. No animation. I don't think it's a problem with the size, just the file type?

Yup. Facebook doesnt do gifs

menonite
09-10-2012, 04:35 PM
I don't have a facebook page, but I've had that happen when I use the "Thumbnail" link instead of the "Direct" link on image hosts. Have you tried to hotlink directly to the image? That may be blocked, though. Worth a try.

Fight_On!
09-10-2012, 04:47 PM

SMH....

SonOfLe-loLang
09-10-2012, 04:56 PM

How do you know our O-line sucks? You "scouting" them the same way you scouted Manning in the preseason?

Rock Chalk
09-10-2012, 04:57 PM

How much less could you care?

broncosteven
09-10-2012, 07:14 PM

2nd butt-pirate fan to come in and bow down to the power of the 2012 Denver Broncos!

It is almost sad that no other rival fans want to come in and talk smack anymore. I was hoping at least one butt-pirate or KFC fan would come in and talk about Tommy Kelly hitting Manning so hard his neck will fall off.

I will miss the Cheeseman park jokes DBM.

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Hey messin how's that raider defense going? They show blitz alright. Too bad they cross the line of scrimmage before the plays even start. What a joke the raiders have been over a decade and now already this season.

Agamemnon
09-10-2012, 08:32 PM

I really hope you get what you want. I really, really do. With your secondary many lulz will be had by all Bronco fans everywhere.

cutthemdown
09-10-2012, 09:39 PM

Raiders will jump offsides 3 times at least.

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-10-2012, 09:57 PM
Absolutely hilarious how bad the raiders are. Messin all your posts over the last few months look pathetic. Raiders suck.

Kaylore
09-10-2012, 09:58 PM
This is a horrible football game.

Garcia Bronco
09-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Recognizing the blitz resulted in a screen pass to DT resulting in a TD that was how many yards?

I believe that was 71 yards. Yep...71 yards.