PDA

View Full Version : Beadles

TheReverend
09-10-2012, 08:34 AM
I've certainly knocked him for poor performances, so have to give credit for the good ones.

Best game of his career, imo. Played solid all night long and threw a fantastic down-field block to spring Demaryius on the huge play (last year he'd use his speed to get way down-field but rarely contacted anyone).

I know it's just one game, but that was still a brutal interior front seven he faced and he played very well from start to finish whether in-line with leverage, down-field, or pulling (nice wham block on a trap run, btw).

Props Zane. Keep it going please.

2KBack
09-10-2012, 08:37 AM
Walton should get some love too. Hampton wasn't 100% by far, but Walton held ground far better than he has in the past

Kaylore
09-10-2012, 08:39 AM
It was weird seeing Beadles get up field and actually block guys. That DT score doesn't happen if Beadles isn't trucking upfield.

Pony Boy
09-10-2012, 08:42 AM
It was weird seeing Beadles get up field and actually block guys. That DT score doesn't happen if Beadles isn't trucking upfield.

Beadles looked like Usain Bolt on that pass play ........

gunns
09-10-2012, 08:45 AM
Even Peyton singled him out for props.

Chris
09-10-2012, 08:46 AM
Uzane Boltles.

bronco militia
09-10-2012, 08:48 AM
LOL...

yeah, the OL looked great this week . I may have to retire my "the ol sucks" thread and blame it all on Tebow

Pony Boy
09-10-2012, 08:50 AM
Uzane Boltles.

Beadlesjuice

pricejj
09-10-2012, 08:52 AM
...Who the hell is that? #68? Beadles? Yeah Beadles!!!! GO GO GO!!

DT!! YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!! :sunshine:

How Beadles got 30 yards down the field quicker than any other player is a mystery and marvel of modern science.

Chris
09-10-2012, 08:53 AM
Beadlesjuice

Billyzane Beadlesjuice

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Beadlesjuice

http://cdn.motinetwork.net/motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0901/hey-beetlejuice-doris-joker-funny-demotivational-poster-1231432214.jpg

JimmyFocus
09-10-2012, 08:55 AM
It's BeadleMania

bronco militia
09-10-2012, 08:58 AM
help me out guys...isn't beadles and clady illegally down field on DT's TD?

TheReverend
09-10-2012, 09:00 AM

Na... still around the LOS when the ball is thrown.

It's pretty close though haha

bronco militia
09-10-2012, 09:00 AM
FF to the .40 second mark

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QpsFeeO8CK4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QpsFeeO8CK4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

bronco militia
09-10-2012, 09:01 AM

scab refs are awesome :approve:!

BowlenBall
09-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Beadlesjuice.

Beadlesjuice.

Beadlesjuice.

http://missjeyonline.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/beetlejuice.png

Swedish Extrovert
09-10-2012, 09:08 AM
I've certainly knocked him for poor performances, so have to give credit for the good ones.

Best game of his career, imo. Played solid all night long and threw a fantastic down-field block to spring Demaryius on the huge play (last year he'd use his speed to get way down-field but rarely contacted anyone).

I know it's just one game, but that was still a brutal interior front seven he faced and he played very well from start to finish whether in-line with leverage, down-field, or pulling (nice wham block on a trap run, btw).

Props Zane. Keep it going please.

I was actually going to start a similar thread, saying Beadles had a great game, but I didn't want to do that without watching the game again (it seemed like heh ad a good game just from a casual watching of the game).

I'm glad someone else noticed it, too.

Paladin
09-10-2012, 09:09 AM
OTOH, Miller was held most of the darn game.....

Broncos_OTM
09-10-2012, 09:15 AM
I think manning has jelled this line, its also walton and beadles third year in the league....

razorwire77
09-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Beadles and Walton both were solid. Actually Beadles was better than solid last night. I certainly was banging on the interior line upgrade drum, but last night was a really positive step. This offense will be absolutely deadly if these guys continue to play at this level.

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-10-2012, 09:35 AM
It was refreshing to see for sure. It will be even sweeter if This type of play from him becomes consistent.

lonestar
09-10-2012, 10:01 AM
to all those morons that kept calling for franklin to OG, harris to ORT someone else to OC. and changing up all the OL guys but Clady (mr Hold) and Kuper..Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

KISS Keep It Simple Stupid..

My mantra Let them jell together ..IF they do not make one change at a time..

More than one change without it being an injury situation creates ciaos.

cutthemdown
09-10-2012, 10:04 AM
I have been really hard on him as well and also need to eat some crow. Lets see if he plays like that all yr. Also have to give Walton a ton of credit, and Ramirez also. Not only did they pass protect but we got yards running straight up the middle.

I didn't follow my rule of giving players 3 yrs before you really evaluate them. We may just be getting really pessimistic when it comes to draftees because we have had so many busts.

Thats why we reside on a message board and not a front office lol.

lonestar
09-10-2012, 10:14 AM
I have been really hard on him as well and also need to eat some crow. Lets see if he plays like that all yr. Also have to give Walton a ton of credit, and Ramirez also. Not only did they pass protect but we got yards running straight up the middle.

I didn't follow my rule of giving players 3 yrs before you really evaluate them. We may just be getting really pessimistic when it comes to draftees because we have had so many busts.

Thats why we reside on a message board and not a front office lol.

for the most part even after 3 years Tanahans were busts..

OL and DL are about technique and TEAM work.. BOTH take time to work out..

Remember we plugged two newbies in to The OL at once, and it is not like they have had consistent coaching during the last two years..

Last year they had ZERO Off season with another new coaching regime.. along with plugging in a Rookie ORT that struggled with pass protect..

You can be the best guy on the OL and still have a stiff next to you that will cause the break down..
I still think next year we need to spend a top 3 pick on another OG/OC Kuper is not getting any younger and both need some pushing.. If the Rook beats them out all the better because we have an upgrade there.. and outstanding depth for a change..

Maybe even a number 1 if we can get a great one.. Like Pouncy..

gyldenlove
09-10-2012, 10:15 AM
I was really happy to see Walton hold up Hampton 1 on 1 several times without giving up ground. In the last 2 years he would get walked backwards in a lot of those situations.

Beadles and Ramirez both played better than I had expected yesterday. Franklin did a really good job in pass protection as well given that he often faced the best pass rusher Pittsburgh had on the field.

DBroncos4life
09-10-2012, 10:15 AM
I remember all those posters mocking the posters that said Manning would make the OLine better.

cutthemdown
09-10-2012, 10:19 AM
for the most part even after 3 years Tanahans were busts..

OL and DL are about technique and TEAM work.. BOTH take time to work out..

Remember we plugged two newbies in to The OL at once, and it is not like they have had consistent coaching during the last two years..

Last year they had ZERO Off season with another new coaching regime.. along with plugging in a Rookie ORT that struggled with pass protect..

You can be the best guy on the OL and still have a stiff next to you that will cause the break down..
I still think next year we need to spend a top 3 pick on another OG/OC Kuper is not getting any younger and both need some pushing.. If the Rook beats them out all the better because we have an upgrade there.. and outstanding depth for a change..

Maybe even a number 1 if we can get a great one.. Like Pouncy..

When I watch the Broncos the one thing that sticks out is linebacking. Broncos defense IMO looks designed to need a tall rangy middle linebacker, not a short medicore one like Mays.

I would say MLB the number one priority. Number 2 priority should be a weakside linebacker. Then maybe start grabbing young corners looking for champs replacement.

On offense the starting WR are young and the oline pretty young also. We drafted a RB but one 3rd round pick on a RB may not find you one. We need to keep looking for a stud playmaker at that spot IMO. Willis one day will just suck, he's still good now, but hes like 100 yrs old.

cutthemdown
09-10-2012, 10:20 AM
I remember all those posters mocking the posters that said Manning would make the OLine better.

By the time we are done with an off season everyone has been mocked, everyone has been wrong about something, and all of us have talked smack.

I'm ready to just match the team and stop being so dysfunctional.

DENVERDUI55
09-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Beadles played well and even Ramirez had played well.

TheReverend
09-10-2012, 10:38 AM

I think it was mocking the "Manning will improve the run game"

Which is stupid.

For every bit he helps by moving the safety out of the box, Tebow would drag 2+ defenders with him when he rolled away from the play.

At best it's a wash.

Kaylore
09-10-2012, 10:44 AM

Which is stupid.

For every bit he helps by moving the safety out of the box, Tebow would drag 2+ defenders with him when he rolled away from the play.

At best it's a wash.

I don't think we'll finish number 1 in rushing like last year for obvious reasons. That part is ridiculous just based on play style. HOWEVER, Manning audibled to a lot of those running plays, including the Knowshon score. That's not something Tebow can do. Manning just being there makes the pass a first threat. Then when you have him calling run plays at the line it's incredibly difficult to defend. So no doubt we won't run as often for as many yards with Tebow. And you could argue Tebow was at least the second best runner on the team last year, but I do think Manning helps the run game quite a bit, and we lose production there only because we're going to throw more.

lonestar
09-10-2012, 10:46 AM
When I watch the Broncos the one thing that sticks out is linebacking. Broncos defense IMO looks designed to need a tall rangy middle linebacker, not a short medicore one like Mays.

I would say MLB the number one priority. Number 2 priority should be a weakside linebacker. Then maybe start grabbing young corners looking for champs replacement.

On offense the starting WR are young and the oline pretty young also. We drafted a RB but one 3rd round pick on a RB may not find you one. We need to keep looking for a stud playmaker at that spot IMO. Willis one day will just suck, he's still good now, but hes like 100 yrs old.

let me address willis first even though he is OLD he really has not had a lot of hits on him as his first year IIRC did not touch the ball, hurt one year and then backup ed ray rice.. .. So I think he has a couple more years in him especially running the no huddle..

as for LB I saw WW making a ton of plays last night, not sure if we have an issue there .. as for Mays hits like a train but seemed to be out of position or took fakes a lot..

not sure about him in coverage but frankly my MLB would rarely if ever be in coverage anyway..

as for CBs not sure I'd ever draft one again for some reason this franchise is snake bit there.. maybe it was all Tanahan but over the last decade we have wiffed on them a lot.. the only decent one was COCKS.. and he could not stay here after his trial..

WolfpackGuy
09-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Can he catch?

He was really gettin it downfield on that screen to Thomas.

gyldenlove
09-10-2012, 10:50 AM
I don't think we'll finish number 1 in rushing like last year for obvious reasons. That part is ridiculous just based on play style. HOWEVER, Manning audibled to a lot of those running plays, including the Knowshon score. That's not something Tebow can do. Manning just being there makes the pass a first threat. Then when you have him calling run plays at the line it's incredibly difficult to defend. So no doubt we won't run as often for as many yards with Tebow. And you could argue Tebow was at least the second best runner on the team last year, but I do think Manning helps the run game quite a bit, and we lose production there only because we're going to throw more.

Manning's biggest strength was always his ability to change the play based on his reads and ability to manipulate the defense and offense to maximize the chances of success. He audibled a run early on where he read a Polamalu blitz off the left and changed it to a sweep to the right that picked up a good handful in a situation where no audible would most likely have been a loss of a couple of yards.

I think it is important to remember that although he hadn't passed the ball competitively for almost 2 years, it is not like he has been sitting at home, he has probably still been watching more gametape than most QBs and picked up things in the last 2 years that he can use on the field.

lonestar
09-10-2012, 10:51 AM

I see this as probably spot on.

Trying to defend the run when it called at the LOS will be tough.. Having a run call from the sideline that will get beat like a rented mule because the QB does not call out of it is just plain dumb..

As long as we can run from the NO huddle I do not see what the problem is..

as long as there is a running game i do not see how Foxs nose could be out of joint..

SonOfLe-loLang
09-10-2012, 10:53 AM

Which is stupid.

At best it's a wash.

Def. a wash. But considering we were the number one rushing team in the league last year, i'll take that wash. I thought he used the running game as a complement perfectly yesterday. It was very efficient (well, once we went no huddle). I have no clue what they were doing for the first 20 minutes.

DBroncos4life
09-10-2012, 11:04 AM

Which is stupid.

At best it's a wash.

No they bashed our lines ability to pass block over and over again. It didn't matter to them that Manning is one hardest QBs to sack, our OLine would get his neck broke again. We tried explaining that Orton and Tebow are not in the same world as Manning as a QB.

TheReverend
09-10-2012, 11:05 AM

I don't disagree with any of that except for the conclusion.

Manning improves the running game by opening the box, but it won't be as much as Tebow improved it by having half the defense keying specifically on him.

Obviously that's fine to give up a slight running game edge when our passing game improves by a billion fold, but coming to a "our running game is improved with Manning" conclusion is ignorant AT BEST.

Kaylore
09-10-2012, 11:14 AM
I don't disagree with any of that except for the conclusion.

Manning improves the running game by opening the box, but it won't be as much as Tebow improved it by having half the defense keying specifically on him.

Obviously that's fine to give up a slight running game edge when our passing game improves by a billion fold, but coming to a "our running game is improved with Manning" conclusion is ignorant AT BEST.

Well obviously. We were number one in the league last year. I don't think anyone thinks that's going to happen this year. I would love to be top ten though...

TheReverend
09-10-2012, 11:20 AM
Well obviously. We were number one in the league last year. I don't think anyone thinks that's going to happen this year. I would love to be top ten though...

I mean even disregarding Tebow's yardage #s, we won't run the ball as well.

I'll say it differently so it might be more understandable: We won't have ends and linebackers crashing down on Tebow away from the play while McGahee scampers downfield for an easy 50 yards while injured.

That's simply more beneficial than one less box safety.

Hulamau
09-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Beadles and Walton both were solid. Actually Beadles was better than solid last night. I certainly was banging on the interior line upgrade drum, but last night was a really positive step. This offense will be absolutely deadly if these guys continue to play at this level.

Ramirez wasnt bad at all either. Wait until a fully healthy Kuper comes back and is starting with Ramirez able to give Kupe and Beadles breathers whenever needed.

This Oline performed extremely well against a very tough front 7 ..it bodes very well, indeed, for our long term prospects this season as well!

Mountain Bronco
09-10-2012, 11:27 AM

Screen pass...

pricejj
09-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Considering we almost gained 100 yards on the ground against the Steelers Defense, it seems the Broncos would finish top 15 in rushing yards, without even trying really hard.

1. The Broncos had a true balanced Offense, with 28 pass plays, and 27 rushing plays.
2. The OL is really starting to gel in all phases of the game...the continuity over the past few seasons is paying off.
3. McGahee averaged 4.0 YPC (which is good against the Steelers), but he seemed pretty gassed on only 16 carries.
4. Knowshon averaged 2.6 YPC...not good, but nice TD run.

If the Broncos activate Hillman, and use him extensively, I fully expect that this could be a top 10 rushing team (which was the goal coming into the season).

gyldenlove
09-10-2012, 11:59 AM
I mean even disregarding Tebow's yardage #s, we won't run the ball as well.

I'll say it differently so it might be more understandable: We won't have ends and linebackers crashing down on Tebow away from the play while McGahee scampers downfield for an easy 50 yards while injured.

That's simply more beneficial than one less box safety.

I think it comes down a quantity vs quality argument.

in 2011 we were:

1st in yards per game
6th in yards per carry
8th in 1st down percentage
19th in rushing TDs
3rd in rushing fumbles

With the switch from Tebow to Manning, the yards per game will certainly drop - that is obvious. Yards per carry may drop, we will see. 1st down percentage will definitely drop, we are running a lot on 1st downs which typically do not get you a lot of 1st downs. Rushing TDs, may increase we only had 11 last year - defenses will focus heavily on passing in the red zone which may open up some audibles as we saw yesterday. Rushing fumbles should go down as number of attempts decrease.

I think what we will see is that our run gets more consistent this year, we should get yardage on almost every carry but we will lack some of the explosiveness of having Tim Tebow who is able to take it down field. We will obviously not have as many rush attempts and that means our total rush yards will decrease as well. On the flipside we may be able to rely more on the run game in the red zone as defenses can't collapse as tightly. Many of the top rushing TD scoring teams from last year were not what you would consider top rushing teams (New England, Giants, Saints, Chargers).

TheReverend
09-10-2012, 12:12 PM
You guys aren't listening or reading and keep recycling the same argument I already dressed... several times.

No matter... no time to argue, trying to find the Black Costume Spiderman costume I wanted for Halloween and can't find the damn thing.

bronco militia
09-10-2012, 12:22 PM
Screen pass...

they had already crossed the neutral zone before DT caught the ball

bronco militia
09-10-2012, 12:28 PM
i guess the rule is that they can't be downfield before the pass. anything that happens after the ball leaves the QB's hands is legal

Ray Finkle
09-10-2012, 12:34 PM
You guys aren't listening or reading and keep recycling the same argument I already dressed... several times.

No matter... no time to argue, trying to find the Black Costume Spiderman costume I wanted for Halloween and can't find the damn thing.

http://www.buy.com/prod/spider-man-venom-value-muscle-adult-standard-costume/216734400.html?listingId=96699879

no lobster included though....

TheReverend
09-10-2012, 12:34 PM
i guess the rule is that they can't be downfield before the pass. anything that happens after the ball leaves the QB's hands is legal

:/

lonestar
09-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Ramirez wasnt bad at all either. Wait until a fully healthy Kuper comes back and is starting with Ramirez able to give Kupe and Beadles breathers whenever needed.

This Oline performed extremely well against a very tough front 7 ..it bodes very well, indeed, for our long term prospects this season as well!

Not sure what you do not get. OL do not come out for breathers.

They play every down of every game unless they are hurt.

As for PITs front seven they are missing starter in Harrison and Hampton is not yet100%. Not to mention that their starting safety did not come to DEN and TP had to play his normal spot. Hardly anything to get a woody about.

While I will take the win barely beating a Mash unit just means we have lots of work to do before or I should say if we get to the playoffs.

lonestar
09-10-2012, 12:40 PM

:thumbs:

ColoradoDarin
09-10-2012, 12:42 PM
I was completely impressed by Beadles last night (and our whole OL). Peyton was the one who looked a bit rusty not knowing where the free defender was coming a couple of times early in the game, but he really got into a rhythm especially once we went no huddle.

MLB looks to be our glaring weakness, which is exactly like everyone thought when we resigned Mays. They really need a 3 down LB there.

lonestar
09-10-2012, 12:48 PM
We will most likely be a better running team. Not in yardage but in efficiency.

We are not going to run the ball when the odds are stacked against us.

Last year they knew we were going to run the ball and stacked the LOS.

As we saw last night when TP came to the LOS looking like a blitz Manning just audibles out really simple. One one play he did it twice when TP switched sides. Then he finally called time out.
PM knew the play would not work as called and changed it.

Same will go for running the ball he will see the coverage and change the play of it has no chance. Unlike Tebow who would just force the play. Sometimes it worked and sometimes he was stuffed.

It should be better this year. With a thinker.

Bronc62
09-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Beadles is nothing special at pass blocking, but I started noticing late last year on some of Tebow's option runs that #68 can PULL with the best of them.

lonestar
09-10-2012, 12:56 PM
I was completely impressed by Beadles last night (and our whole OL). Peyton was the one who looked a bit rusty not knowing where the free defender was coming a couple of times early in the game, but he really got into a rhythm especially once we went no huddle.

MLB looks to be our glaring weakness, which is exactly like everyone thought when we resigned Mays. They really need a 3 down LB there.

When they resigned him I thought they knew what they were doing especially since JDR is a former LB. after this game I'm not so sure.

I'm hoping they can coach him up or we will be drafting or getting one in FAA next year.

He hits like a truck but whiffs on them from time to time also.

WW sure looked good last night not sure what his numbers were but saw his number around the ball a lot.

lonestar
09-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Beadles is nothing special at pass blocking, but I started noticing late last year on some of Tebow's option runs that #68 can PULL with the best of them.

Was manning sacked last night from up the middle..?

kappys
09-10-2012, 01:19 PM
When they resigned him I thought they knew what they were doing especially since JDR is a former LB. after this game I'm not so sure.

I'm hoping they can coach him up or we will be drafting or getting one in FAA next year.

He hits like a truck but whiffs on them from time to time also.

WW sure looked good last night not sure what his numbers were but saw his number around the ball a lot.

I think we all knew what Mays was before the season. He was hired to stuff the run on a team with a very iffy D-line rotation. Turns out the D-line rotation is better than everyone thought - we lost Warren which hurts but given how beastly methwolfe played and the definite potential seen in Malik Jackson we will likely be able to compensate.

FWIW Mays did his job last night - he was a big part in stuffing the run and once he hits his hole or block he is getting pushed anywhere.

cutthemdown
09-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Moreno stinks. He misses blocks that lead to sacks and hits on the QB. He doesn't have good vision. He runs into the back of his blockers too much. His speed is, well, not fast. Its more like sort of fast, but not fast enough lol. His hands are decent but he lacks big play ability.

He got a td, great. I would hope any of our RBS, or for that matter in RB who plays NFL football to be good enough to get in the endzone when the edge totally sealed like that. It was only 3 yrds lol.

Really what Broncos need is a big play threat at RB. Only Hillman could be that right now and hes not good enough to get activated yet.

cutthemdown
09-10-2012, 01:32 PM
I think we all knew what Mays was before the season. He was hired to stuff the run on a team with a very iffy D-line rotation. Turns out the D-line rotation is better than everyone thought - we lost Warren which hurts but given how beastly methwolfe played and the definite potential seen in Malik Jackson we will likely be able to compensate.

FWIW Mays did his job last night - he was a big part in stuffing the run and once he hits his hole or block he is getting pushed anywhere.

He misses some tackles but worst then that is when he has to drop into coverage. And Woodyard Arrrg, this player can be right on his guy and still is never able to make plays. Frustrating because he seems to always be right in the area, just not able to stop the pass.

gyldenlove
09-10-2012, 02:20 PM

I am not trying to argue if the run game is better off with Tebow or Manning, I agree that the defensive front will be playing much less contain and be much more focused on closing gaps.

What I am trying to say is that the run game will probably improve in some aspects because of the different offense, while in other aspects it will be worse off. It all depends on which metrics we use to evaluate.

lonestar
09-10-2012, 02:40 PM
He misses some tackles but worst then that is when he has to drop into coverage. And Woodyard Arrrg, this player can be right on his guy and still is never able to make plays. Frustrating because he seems to always be right in the area, just not able to stop the pass.

Now I did not see the kid in pass coverage but he lead the team in tackles 12 and had one less sack than Miller..

not sure what you are looking for in a LB, but I'm pretty sure this is what I'm looking for.

Did anyone really miss numbnuts last night..

I think WW filled in quite well and at a lot less money per game..

TheReverend
01-22-2013, 06:25 PM
Probowl bump

g6matty
01-22-2013, 06:28 PM
lol @ lonestar thread jacking to throw DJ under the bus