PDA

View Full Version : Peyton - arm strength looking better

ZONA
09-10-2012, 02:30 AM
Don't know if was because I was so hyped for this game but I want to say on several passes out there tonight, he showed improved zip. Some wobbly looking stuff to start out with but for the most part, more passes were tighter then previous games and there was one pass where even Collinsworth mentioned there was a good amount of zip on the ball.

menonite
09-10-2012, 02:36 AM
Didn't they show a graphic measuring the speed of one of his passes compared to a previous game against the chargers? Cherry picking two plays isn't the best way to grade his arm strength but for what it is worth the two passes were almost identical. One was 49 mph and the one from this game was 47 I believe.

So as far as arm strength is concerned I think....

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/9127/76876hjuk8.gif

fontaine
09-10-2012, 02:37 AM
Little known tebow effect.

Doggcow
09-10-2012, 03:01 AM
Lol I love how many awesome gifs we got from this game

Bacillus Anthracis
09-10-2012, 06:34 AM
His arm strength isn't an issue like so many of us (Raider fans) had hoped. Nope. We're in a collective state of utter disappointment over his performance. The dude looked good and will probably get better as the season wears on.

I'd say congratulations but that would be disenenuous. I was so hoping he'd come out and flop on his ass. F**k!!!

Kaylore
09-10-2012, 07:28 AM
His arm strength isn't an issue like so many of us (Raider fans) had hoped. Nope. We're in a collective state of utter disappointment over his performance. The dude looked good and will probably get better as the season wears on.

I'd say congratulations but that would be disenenuous. I was so hoping he'd come out and flop on his ass. ****!!!

At least our third and long defense sucked and I don't think the Steelers finish top five this year in defense. Probably still top ten, but they look a bit slow and old.

TheReverend
09-10-2012, 07:32 AM
Who cares?

As long as he keeps manipulating defenses and making the right pre-snap reads, he could shot put the ****ing ball for I care.

Let Demaryius, Decker and #TeamJacob make the plays for him.

Bacillus Anthracis
09-10-2012, 07:42 AM
At least our third and long defense sucked and I don't think the Steelers finish top five this year in defense. Probably still top ten, but they look a bit slow and old.

Yeah, but your D tightened up inside the ten yard line, when it mattered most. Keeping Pittsburgh to field goals twice in that situation was big. A 9 minute drive that ends in only a field goal is more disheartening for the team that scored than the team that got scored on.

55CrushEm
09-10-2012, 08:07 AM
Yeah, but your D tightened up inside the ten yard line, when it mattered most. Keeping Pittsburgh to field goals twice in that situation was big. A 9 minute drive that ends in only a field goal is more disheartening for the team that scored than the team that got scored on.

Agreed. That was huge having our D only give up a FG, when we were on the field for nearly 10 minutes to start the second half.

DBroncos4life
09-10-2012, 08:21 AM
Agreed. That was huge having our D only give up a FG, when we were on the field for nearly 10 minutes to start the second half.

That is why I was impressed with the D. They didn't just fall apart after being on the field all game. I think our conditioning is much improved this year.

Beantown Bronco
09-10-2012, 08:28 AM
Let Demaryius, Decker and #TeamJacob make the plays for him.

Great, so we've already got a Wolfe on the roster and now two other guys with Twilight related nicknames......How long before Bowlen gets on the horn with Alyssa Milano to aggressively court the female fanbase?

TheReverend
09-10-2012, 08:52 AM
Great, so we've already got a Wolfe on the roster and now two other guys with Twilight related nicknames......How long before Bowlen gets on the horn with Alyssa Milano to aggressively court the female fanbase?

...not soon enough. I'll take Alyssa Milano all day every day. (she's got a few more seasons left in the tank before her face and body loses a step)

Mountain Bronco
09-10-2012, 08:57 AM
disenenuous.

I love raider's fans... try again???

Boobs McGee
09-10-2012, 08:59 AM
...not soon enough. I'll take Alyssa Milano all day every day. (she's got a few more seasons left in the tank before her face and body loses a step)

Hell. Yes. Please.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-maQQC3MNqJo/TWUBd1zAO4I/AAAAAAAALUQ/pYPiab3MYyk/s1600/Alyssa%2Bmilano.jpg

Beantown Bronco
09-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Agreed.

Note to NBC: The gratuitous shots of her during the NHL Finals were appreciated.

BroncsCheer
09-10-2012, 10:51 AM
I'm all for gratuitous Alyssa Milano but confused on:

1. What does she have to do with Twilight, and
2. How would she court the (non-lesbian) female fanbase?

no biggie, just scratching my head a bit on that one...

cutthemdown
09-10-2012, 10:54 AM
Peyton has always thrown some balls that wobble. Its because he stands so upright when he delivers the ball IMO. Just sort of his style. He is more about throwing a catchable perfectly times ball then realy spinning it like these new young guns.

fdf
09-10-2012, 10:54 AM
One was 49 mph and the one from this game was 47 I believe.

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/9127/76876hjuk8.gif

OMG!!! His arm strength has dropped by 4%. This means sure neck fracture.

Beantown Bronco
09-10-2012, 11:00 AM

She has nothing to do with twilight, but everything to do with #2.

http://www.footballfanatics.com/Touch_By_Alyssa_Milano

Edit: She has nothing to do with Twilight, but now that I think of it, she's actually been (naked quite a bit I might add) in another vampire movie. Google "Embrace of the Vampire"......just not at work!

Kaylore
09-10-2012, 11:00 AM

I completely agree on all fronts.

Here she is in a silly hat!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_DLMbxIoKN3c/SJHueLA_cCI/AAAAAAAAHNU/m_JKS4ZgKF4/s400/alyssa-milano-44.jpg

SonOfLe-loLang
09-10-2012, 11:01 AM

Why are people looking at that graphic as some sort of evidence of anything? Two throws in completely diff circumstances?

cutthemdown
09-10-2012, 11:01 AM
The matching the two throws and estimated the speed thing was dumb. A QB throws the ball at different speeds all the time. Put more loft on it, less speed. Take something off to get the timing just right. Put some extra grease on it to slip it past a close defender.

There is no proof he has lost anything on his arm.

Rother8
09-10-2012, 11:02 AM

In game one, although I'd like to see both passes with the MPH. He could have been stepping into one and not the other. At least that's what I remember seeing last night until I realized it was like a 2 mph difference and stopped caring.

Bacillus Anthracis
09-10-2012, 11:24 AM
I love raider's fans... try again???

If you want to paint me as dumb you'll have to do better than lamely pointing out that I accidentally left a letter out of a word. Or else you can just go through some of my past posts here; particularly one where I had to school a dummy in logic.

eff1ngham
09-10-2012, 11:49 AM
The matching the two throws and estimated the speed thing was dumb. A QB throws the ball at different speeds all the time. Put more loft on it, less speed. Take something off to get the timing just right. Put some extra grease on it to slip it past a close defender.

There is no proof he has lost anything on his arm.

Both the throws were sideline outs IIRC. Usually a pass you're putting most of your arm into. I think the point was just that his arm looks as good as it was before the injury. Seems like most of the people saying his arm strength was gone were using sideline throws as examples

gyldenlove
09-10-2012, 11:54 AM
For all those who say Peyton might be back - you might be wrong, he may be better than ever.

His 129 passer rating yesterday is the highest passer rating recorded by any QB who has thrown more than 5 passes against the Steelers defense in a regular season game since 2004 (when Le Beau was named DC).

Just think about it, he has been out of football for 2 years, he is playing his first game with a new team, he is playing behind an offensive line that didn't dominate at all last year and with young untested recievers for a team that 8 months ago played a college type offense - and he comes out and delivers a dominant performance against a defense that not only features several pro-bowlers, but also a defense that he has tradionally struggled against.

If you had any doubts, they should be gone now - Manning is still Manning and he is probably still the most cerebral football player on the planet when it comes to vision, reads and understanding what everybody around him is, will be and should be doing.

Bacchus
09-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Peyton has always thrown some balls that wobble. Its because he stands so upright when he delivers the ball IMO. Just sort of his style. He is more about throwing a catchable perfectly times ball then realy spinning it like these new young guns.

Actually Peyton went to China for a year and studied with great Zen Masters on the art of throwing a football. They came up with an exact wobble that would make the ball virtually impossible to drop.

true story

ZONA
09-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Actually Peyton went to China for a year and studied with great Zen Masters on the art of throwing a football. They came up with an exact wobble that would make the ball virtually impossible to drop.

true story

clever

BroncoFanDoug
09-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Are we really talking about PFM's arm strength???

After what we saw last night does it matter at all if he has or has not lost some fractional zip on his passes?????

He is playing like one of the top 3 qbs in the league. Works for me.

ZONA
09-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Are we really talking about PFM's arm strength???

After what we saw last night does it matter at all if he has or has not lost some fractional zip on his passes?????

He is playing like one of the top 3 qbs in the league. Works for me.

Yeah, we are talking about it. The point was, it IS getting better. Not that he ever had an Elway/Cutler/Stafford type of gun to begin with but alot of people around the NFL were trying to say it was a huge concern. My point was, that it doesn't look like a concern at all. I think he's got most of the strength back and it's nice to see. Even here on this forum you had alot of guys complaining he had lost a significant amount of strength. Agree or not, I think you could say it wasn't to where it used to be. I'm saying as of NOW, it's not an issue. It does look stronger then it did in TC. I think Peyton would be the 1st one to say, and has said, he continues to rehab every day and he's getting there, meaning, he still thinks he can improve the strength in his arm even more then it is now.

Premier-Ace55
09-10-2012, 04:39 PM
I spoke to a co-worker who said you could tell that his arm strength went down I started laughing and said whatever.