PDA

View Full Version : From a Saints fan... congrats, mega congrats, on Porter

realitybias
09-09-2012, 10:46 PM
You guys really got a steal... I've loved the guy since he played for us. He was responsible for my favorite football memories on earth. Watching SNF tonight and seeing him do for you guys what he did for us just made me smile and I wish him nothing but the best. Thought you'd like to see a massive thread on our forum we have going about him:

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/tracy-porter-making-plays-tonight-all-things-tracy-porter-merged-244760/

SportinOne
09-09-2012, 10:52 PM
wow.. you guys like the Saints so much you even talk, at great length, about former players.

tsiguy96
09-09-2012, 10:54 PM
wow.. you guys like the Saints so much you even talk, at great length, about former players.

reeeeeeeeeeed

Bacchus
09-09-2012, 10:55 PM

Really, Broncos' fans hate all their former players.

Los Broncos
09-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Go **** yourself troll.

realitybias
09-09-2012, 11:17 PM

Well, what he did for you guys tonight, he did for us a LOT. But yeah... we follow our old players sometimes.

BroncoLifer
09-09-2012, 11:21 PM

Everyone knows his Super Bowl interception. But Porter was also the guy who picked off Favre in the closing seconds of the NFC Championship game when Minnesota was already in field goal range (Saints then won in OT). If not for Porter, their only title might not have happened.

So of course Saints fans will never forget him.

hambone13
09-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Everyone knows his Super Bowl interception. But Porter was also the guy who picked off Favre in the closing seconds of the NFC Championship game when Minnesota was already in field goal range (Saints then won in OT). If not for Porter, their only title might not have happened.

So you're essentially saying that everyone knows him because he's not a "One Hit Wonder"?

Doggcow
09-09-2012, 11:26 PM
We still follow Tebow. Same thing.

Bacchus
09-09-2012, 11:28 PM

but 60% make fun of him when he fails.

hambone13
09-09-2012, 11:29 PM

Yeah, you're right. Tebow and Porter are logically synonymous. :giggle:

Kaylore
09-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Not sure why everyone is being a dick to the Saints fan, but thanks for the thread, man.

baja
09-09-2012, 11:30 PM
You guys really got a steal... I've loved the guy since he played for us. He was responsible for my favorite football memories on earth. Watching SNF tonight and seeing him do for you guys what he did for us just made me smile and I wish him nothing but the best. Thought you'd like to see a massive thread on our forum we have going about him:

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/tracy-porter-making-plays-tonight-all-things-tracy-porter-merged-244760/

Thanks we are very happy to have him. Why did you let him get away?

myMind
09-09-2012, 11:31 PM
The OPs post went over this threads head it seems. Once alcohol levels recede cooler heads shall prevail.

baja
09-09-2012, 11:31 PM
Not sure why everyone is being a dick to the Saints fan, but thanks for the thread, man.

It is because this new breed of fan around here are trashy people. Plain and simple. Don't tell me you haven't noticed.

realitybias
09-09-2012, 11:34 PM
Really, Broncos' fans hate all their former players.

Is this true? That's weird. Why?

realitybias
09-09-2012, 11:35 PM
Thanks we are very happy to have him. Why did you let him get away?

He had a big falling off last year. Don't know why... maybe Greg William's scheme just didn't work for him. I'm just really glad to see he's still "got it."

realitybias
09-09-2012, 11:36 PM

I was right there on the 30 yard line exactly where it happened, first row. :)

Bacchus

I'm not sure, I think it has something to do with Shanahan and MCD.

The most hated players are Cutler, Marshall, Hillis, Sheffler and Tebow.

ZONA
Thanks. And you guys are welcome for Bunkley BTW.

realitybias
09-09-2012, 11:37 PM
We only hate players that leave us for the Falcons, haha.
And to a lesser extent, the bucs...

Bunkley is good, although honestly, a lot of us are feeling like we need to just explode our defense and pick up the pieces.

Bacchus
09-09-2012, 11:39 PM
We only hate players that leave us for the Falcons, haha.
And to a lesser extent, the bucs...

Bunkley is good, although honestly, a lot of us are feeling like we need to just explode our defense and pick up the pieces.

You could have kept Porter if you wouldn't have signed Bunkley

hambone13
09-09-2012, 11:46 PM

No kidding. It's almost as bad as the FO with Little and his HO induction. Sickening. Thanks for the thread OP.

yerner
09-09-2012, 11:46 PM
It is because this new breed of fan around here are trashy people. Plain and simple. Don't tell me you haven't noticed.

so true.

SoCalBronco
09-09-2012, 11:48 PM

Because many of our fans think that when the player is gone, the team made the right decision, regardless of the facts and if he's not here, he's dead to them. There's no second thought about them and they are immediately persona non grata. It's kind of cultish and it often pisses me off.

hambone13
09-09-2012, 11:49 PM
I'm not sure, I think it has something to do with Shanahan and MCD.

The most hated players are Cutler, Marshall, Hillis, Sheffler and Tebow.

This shows that you know little to nothing about this forum. You've posted a lot during your short period here but you're powers of observation are highly limited.

realitybias
09-10-2012, 12:05 AM
No worries by the way guys, I don't feel insulted, and for the record, I've always liked the Broncos. TP couldn't have gone to a better team.

Best of luck all year, looks like you guys made a bunch of awesome pickups. Should be a fun team to watch.

Agamemnon
09-10-2012, 12:10 AM
Because many of our fans think that when the player is gone, the team made the right decision, regardless of the facts and if he's not here, he's dead to them. There's no second thought about them and they are immediately persona non grata. It's kind of cultish and it often pisses me off.

With some this is true. With guys like Cutler and Marshall, not so much. There's a lot to dislike when it comes to those guys, and now that they aren't Broncos we are free to do so.

Kaylore
09-10-2012, 12:14 AM

Only if they leave like whiny bitches ala Cutler and Scheffler, or are rapist wife beaters like Marshall.

I have nothing but fond memories of Trevor Price, Bertrand Berry, or even Clinton Portis.

And honestly, I think Cutler is going to have a great year. He's one of my fantasy QB's. I am hopeful his behavior was just youthful indiscretion, and with a family he may have grown up quite a bit.

Scheffler is still a soft goober to me. And Marshall should die in a fire.

SoCalBronco
09-10-2012, 12:18 AM
Haha....Khan rags on Cutler in public, but drafts him in his fantasy league. Awesome. I knew deep down inside Khan was too smart to deny Jay's greatness.

:)

Bacchus
09-10-2012, 12:24 AM
This shows that you know little to nothing about this forum. You've posted a lot during your short period here but you're powers of observation are highly limited.

I did say that I was not sure. Where did I go wrong. 90% of all posts on Cutler are negative. 80% of all Marshall posts are negative. Hillis for some reason seems hated and the couple posts on Sheffler we negative as well.

EDIT: If I am so wrong than you should take this up with SoCal too because he ahs posted the same thing after I did.

I think your powers of observation are very limited if you do not see this.

theAPAOps5
09-10-2012, 12:29 AM
Thanks for the thread and sharing that porter thread. Like others said we probably would be slamming a former player in ours.

Let's hope Porter doesn't have a major fall off in the late season push. Good luck this year, rough start today for you guys.

ZONA
09-10-2012, 01:01 AM
Only if they leave like whiny b****es ala Cutler and Scheffler, or are rapist wife beaters like Marshall.

I have nothing but fond memories of Trevor Price, Bertrand Berry, or even Clinton Portis.

And honestly, I think Cutler is going to have a great year. He's one of my fantasy QB's. I am hopeful his behavior was just youthful indiscretion, and with a family he may have grown up quite a bit.

Man alive do I miss Trevor Pryce. He was the real deal. If Wolfe can turn out like he did, that would sit well with me.

Bacchus
09-10-2012, 01:08 AM
Man alive do I miss Trevor Pryce. He was the real deal. If Wolfe can turn out like he did, that would sit well with me.

I was not sad to see Pryce leave. I always thought he cared too much about his music and would not have a long football career. He always seemed to relaxed and not intense enough. I was really wrong on that one because he continued to have a great career in Baltimore.

NorCalBronco7
09-10-2012, 01:37 AM

Because a lot of people who spend time discussing things on the internet are unhappy assholes.

Apprieciate the thread, saints fan.

Rock Chalk
09-10-2012, 06:04 AM

And many of our fans blow current players even if they don't deserve to be on the team (DJ).

Its kind of cultish and it pisses me off.

Miss I.
09-10-2012, 06:30 AM

That's really cool. Nice to see stuff like this. Its even cooler we have him now, but still it's good to see you guys still have regard for the guy.

As for the rest of the smack on this thread, for what it's worth, Bronco fans are passionate, not always able to emotionally detach from what are normally business dealings, but some of it also falls on how the players behave in the situations. There is a bit of bitter ex syndrome on occasion, but in general we are just a passionate lot. We still have random discussions about Brian Griese and Jake Plummer and they haven't played for us in quite some time. It's just a reflection of the passion, which is nice, but can be a bit on the loony side too.

rmsanger
09-10-2012, 06:52 AM
The dude gets beat up for a bit of the game but totally redeems himself for those type of plays!

Thx for posting!

penguintheory
09-10-2012, 07:37 AM
And many of our fans blow current players even if they don't deserve to be on the team (DJ).

Its kind of cultish and it pisses me off.

+1

McDman
09-10-2012, 08:42 AM
Only if they leave like whiny b****es ala Cutler and Scheffler, or are rapist wife beaters like Marshall.

Rapist is a pretty strong word to throw around. I don't remember any accusations of that. Am I forgetting something?

DBroncos4life
09-10-2012, 08:46 AM

I think its clear after what Nate Jackson said about how McD informed him he had been cut none of our players that left when McD was here did anything wrong.

lolcopter
09-10-2012, 08:49 AM

No we don't

TheReverend
09-10-2012, 08:59 AM
Good thread, man. I've been high on Tracy for years and when he hit FA I honestly thought we'd have no shot as we've ignored CB depth for so long.

Nearly did flips when we got him. Really hope we're already working on a long term deal to lock him up for a while. He had a killer game all day last night.

Mountain Bronco
09-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Look, nobody likes Cutler, he was ranked in the top 5 of most disliked players in the league, so don't base it on that and don't get me started on the female abuser Marshal..... there are reasons for the hate and a ton more players leave that never get bashed around here like Bunkley.

Thanks for the thread, and it is great to have a competent corner across from Bailey. He even had great coverage on the TD to Wallace, but it was a great throw and catch.

Pony Boy
09-10-2012, 09:05 AM

Yep, I got neg rep from a guy yesterday that only had 23 posts ........

Broncos_OTM
09-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Pporter looked great, how bunk holding up?

Pick Six
09-10-2012, 09:55 AM
I completely forgot about Bunkley being on the Saints. I need to watch for him, next week. He's from my hometown, so I have no ill will feelings...

ward63
09-10-2012, 10:17 AM
I hope that we give Porter an extension if he continues to play like this. I think that he's a pretty darn good #2 corner and we can't let him hit FA for another few years.

Jetmeck
09-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Porter had his hands on several other passes..........definitely an A+ free agent signing. He keeps this up hopefully they sign him to a several year deal instead the one year one he is on.

Jetmeck
09-10-2012, 11:47 AM
Yep, I got neg rep from a guy yesterday that only had 23 posts ........

yep, 12 year olds these days are so tech savvy.