PDA

View Full Version : The Official, I can't believe there's not a Porter thread yet......Slackers.

hambone13
09-09-2012, 09:18 PM
And that's all I have to say about that..... what a spectacular off season pick up. It's a bitch to play opposite Champ and damn it, he kicked ass....

Bacchus
09-09-2012, 09:20 PM
He is the best #2 CB in Denver since Chicken was opposite Ray Crockett

Natedogg
09-09-2012, 09:22 PM

Braxton was a safety. :unamused::nono:

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
09-09-2012, 09:23 PM
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa444/Paxil_Rose/o1o1o1o1o.gif

:thumbs:

hambone13
09-09-2012, 09:25 PM

I was thoroughly impressed with him. With Roth's capacity to extend the play, what a performance. I mean just WOW. Out - ****ing - standing.

Bacchus

At the end of his career he was a safety. He started out as a CB.:nyahdevil:nyahdevil

Ziggy

Not until later in his career.

Natedogg
09-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Not until later in his career.

He was never cornerback opposite Ray Crocket.

Edit: Looks like they possibly both played cornerback in 1993.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BraxTy00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CrocRa20.htm

McDman
09-09-2012, 09:28 PM
He's no Lenny Walls but he aight.

hambone13
09-09-2012, 09:28 PM
At the end of his career he was a safety. He started out as a CB.:nyahdevil:nyahdevil

This is a thread about PORTER. Please move along. He deserves it.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-09-2012, 09:31 PM
He was never cornerback opposite Ray Crocket.

Edit: Looks like they possibly both played cornerback in 1993.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BraxTy00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CrocRa20.htm

Yeah he was opposite Wymon Henderson. And neither were all that good.

broncolife
09-09-2012, 09:33 PM
I liked Darrien Gordon.

Bacchus
09-09-2012, 09:34 PM
This is a thread about PORTER. Please move along. He deserves it.

Really, get a clue. My post that was about Porter. Me saying Porter is the best #2 CB since Braxton is a bout Porter. Now when someone incorrectly says I am wrong I have to put it right. Now you need to move along this thread is about Porter and your post to me was in no way about Porter.

spdirty
09-09-2012, 09:34 PM

You mean Gordon. He was an excellent returner and a below average corner except for that great game in SB 33 and the season saving pass defensed against KC when we were on the revenge tour.

He drove me nuts a lot but showed up when it counted. And he does remind me of Porter.

Bacchus
09-09-2012, 09:36 PM
You mean Gordon. He was an excellent returner and a below average corner except for that great game in SB 33 and the season saving pass defensed against KC when we were on the revenge tour.

He drove me nuts a lot but showed up when it counted.

Yeah you are right Gordon got burned a bit but he made tons of plays during the SB years. Porter is the best #2 CB since Gordon.

McDman
09-09-2012, 09:38 PM
I bet by the end of the year people hate him.

Hamrob
09-09-2012, 09:45 PM
I bet by the end of the year people hate him.I have to give it to him...overall, he played a good game.

He still got beat a lot and he missed several open field tackles.

Having said that....it's nice to see a pick 6 by a DB from Denver!:strong:

DBroncos4life

Posters where trolling him in the game thread.

Lestat

no sense, by the end of the season we'll be SB champs and he'll be returning a pick 6 again.
think big and bold :approve:

hambone13
09-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Really, get a clue. My post that was about Porter. Me saying Porter is the best #2 CB since Braxton is a bout Porter. Now when someone incorrectly says I am wrong I have to put it right. Now you need to move along this thread is about Porter and your post to me was in no way about Porter.

Braxton was known as a great safety not a great CB and certainly not in the same context as his combination with Champ (based on this game). Either way, Porter kicked ass tonight. Even his helmet to helmet was complete BS. Given the circumstances, I don't know that he could have played a better game unless there was another pic 6.

Agamemnon
09-09-2012, 09:52 PM

Idiots who don't understand that not all corners have to be Champ to be quality players will.

Kid A
09-09-2012, 10:00 PM
As #2 CB opposite Champ, he's going to have some rough games eventually. That's how it is in the NFL now--even the best defenders get shredded occasionally in a pass happy league. But tonight illustrated that, after Manning, he might be the best FA pickup we've had in several years.

hambone13
09-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Idiots who don't understand that not all corners have to be Champ to be quality players will.

This. It's nice to have a player opposite Champ, in his first game with the team make some great plays. He was obviously not perfect but he stood out. His energy and ability to forget the bad plays lead to the clincher. With out less-than-adequate LB coverage, he had a huge job tonight and he did it well knowing it was coming at him. Big propps.

captainjy
09-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Hi everyone! New around here, kinda. Have lurked for years, registered finally. Anyhow, Porter pickup was incredible. He was everywhere tonight!

Beantown Bronco
09-24-2012, 06:36 AM

....or by week 3.

TheReverend
09-24-2012, 06:40 AM
0 safety over the top vs Andre Johnson.

Definitely Porters' fault ::)

bronco militia
09-24-2012, 06:43 AM
he was just as sloppy as the rest of the defense.....I still can't believe we resigned Joe Mays

socalorado
09-24-2012, 06:44 AM

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/173/164/nailed_it_RE_20th_Century_fox_theme_on_flute-s240x320-227191.jpg

Kid A
09-24-2012, 06:45 AM
Any news on the knee injury?

DENVERDUI55
09-24-2012, 06:48 AM
He has been getting torch but then again why he was on an island against Johnson was beyond me. I think Adams was supposed to be deep but bit on underneath TE.

ElwayMD
09-24-2012, 07:20 AM
He has been getting torch but then again why he was on an island against Johnson was beyond me. I think Adams was supposed to be deep but bit on underneath TE.

Both of the long TDs were due to a safety biting on the underneath route and leaving a toast Porter alone to look like a fool. Porter didn't play lights out like the Steelers game but at least he is around the football when it gets to the receiver unlike Goodman who would be 10 yards away half the time.

srphoenix
09-24-2012, 07:27 AM
not to mention he injured his knee and Adams made some horrible coverage calls. I even noticed Rahim Moore in the game more towards the end.

McDman
09-24-2012, 09:29 AM

I agree because that's what it looked like but why was he benched?

srphoenix
09-24-2012, 09:39 AM
he wasn't benched, he injured his knee, got kicked on it or something I heard. It didn't sound like anything long term, but enough that it must have slowed his top speed down to the point that they weren't comfortable with him out there.

McDman
09-24-2012, 09:46 AM
he wasn't benched, he injured his knee, got kicked on it or something I heard. It didn't sound like anything long term, but enough that it must have slowed his top speed down to the point that they weren't comfortable with him out there.

Oh. Either I didn't hear it or the announcers were just wrong.

Rabb
09-24-2012, 10:29 AM

It has to be one or the other here, not both. He either got torched or it was Adams' fault.

I think getting torched is a pretty disingenuous thing to say about what happened yesterday as far as Porter is concerned.

Natedogg
09-25-2012, 06:04 AM
Looks like it's only a knee bruise. Good news, I guess. http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/what-weve-all-been-dreading-lard

"Fox says Tracy Porter reaggravated a knee bruise, that all players injured Sunday are currently day-to-day, and he hasn't yet ruled Chris Kuper out for Sunday. Of course, he says Porter should have had help over the top on Andre Johnson's long touchdown, he has no clue as to why Eric Decker slid on his third-quarter catch, and he claims Joe Mays's hit on Matt Schaub wasn't dirty."