PDA

View Full Version : Hanie Cut

GreasyQtip
09-08-2012, 01:36 PM
according to PFT

also signed Silga off PS

didn't notice someone finally reported this in a Silga thread, I had searched Hanie.

canadianbroncosfan
09-08-2012, 01:41 PM
This thread deserves a title all to it's own

It's officially on the Broncos website

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Hanie-Released-Siliga-Signed-to-Active-Roster/9c535591-6f31-4536-adb0-4c984a62b1e8

Turd_Ferguson
09-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Oh great there goes plan B....

stoxman
09-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Excellent....

John and Co. are doing an excellent job here ridding the team of worthless chaps.
:notworthy

Now maybe Ball next?

broncocalijohn
09-08-2012, 01:57 PM
LOL! I guess those that said we were nuts to back Weber and go against Elway and company were just forward thinking. Hmmmm.

AmericanBroncFan
09-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Excellent....

John and Co. are doing an excellent job here ridding the team of worthless chaps.
:notworthy

Now maybe Ball next?

How is Ball worthless? He does it all for this team. He plays ST's. He's a good reciever out of the backfield. He picks up the blitz. He's one of those players who's had to work for everything he's got. He has outworked and out played knosho

canadianbroncosfan
I guess they're just cutting him to resign him Monday and avoid having to pay him $1M

Tim
Nice.

DBroncos4life
09-08-2012, 02:00 PM
LOL! I guess those that said we were nuts to back Weber and go against Elway and company were just forward thinking. Hmmmm.

Lol you do know he will be picked right back up o Monday right?

canadianbroncosfan
09-08-2012, 02:00 PM
How is Ball worthless? He does it all for this team. He plays ST's. He's a good reciever out of the backfield. He fumbles all the ****ing time He picks up the blitz. He's one of those players who's had to work for everything he's got. He has outworked and out played knosho

edit

DBroncos4life
09-08-2012, 02:01 PM
How is Ball worthless? He does it all for this team. He plays ST's. He's a good reciever out of the backfield. He picks up the blitz. He's one of those players who's had to work for everything he's got. He has outworked and out played knosho

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha so much fail in this post.

AmericanBroncFan
09-08-2012, 02:02 PM
edit

not as much as knosho

AmericanBroncFan
09-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha so much fail in this post.

Where was he drafted? Did he not earn his job?

DBroncos4life
09-08-2012, 02:05 PM
not as much as knosho

FumBall fumbles every 30 something touches. Moreno fumbles every 70 something touches. Lying is fun!!!

Mogulseeker
09-08-2012, 02:06 PM
not as much as knosho

Yeah, he does.

Ball is mediocre.

AmericanBroncFan
09-08-2012, 02:06 PM
edit

Which RB fumbled that allowed Pitt to tie the game to go into OT? Was that that Ball?

DBroncos4life
09-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Where was he drafted? Did he not earn his job?

Yeah the dude earned the 4th back lol.

AmericanBroncFan
09-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Yeah, he does.

Ball is mediocre.

I agree he's average but he's had to work hard to get there. Nothing has been handed to him in his NFL career. Our other 2 RB's were 1st round picks and neither one has lived up to 1st rd talent

Mogulseeker
09-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Which RB fumbled that allowed Pitt to tie the game to go into OT? Was that that Ball?

Actually, that was McGahee.

DBroncos4life

Lol that was McGahee! Should he be benched?

Mogulseeker
I agree he's average but he's had to work hard to get there. Nothing has been handed to him in his NFL career. Our other 2 RB's were 1st round picks and neither one has lived up to 1st rd talent

Yeah, but one has first round talent.

Knowshon is much better than Ball.

stoxman
Damn...didn't see the little side agreement thing. It's a headscratcher how this turd is on the team and Ball is so damn PEDESTRIAN....jack of all trades master of none (except as was mentioned above...fumbling).

Mogulseeker
09-08-2012, 02:10 PM
I like Knowshon in a Manning offense. He can block and catch, too... Knowshon is actually pretty lethal on the screen.

AmericanBroncFan
09-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Yeah the dude earned the 4th back lol.

Which RB fumbled that allowed Pitt to force OT? While were talking about "hands" which DB dropped an INT that hit him in the hands with nobody around him a play or 2 before Pitt tied it? Are those two terrible too?

AmericanBroncFan
09-08-2012, 02:11 PM
I like Knowshon in a Manning offense. He can block and catch, too... Knowshon is actually pretty lethal on the screen.

The BUST that insults the #27 will pull a hammy getting off the bench

AmericanBroncFan
09-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Damn...didn't see the little side agreement thing. It's a headscratcher how this turd is on the team and Ball is so damn PEDESTRIAN....jack of all trades master of none (except as was mentioned above...fumbling).

Who fumbled against Pitt to allow them to force OT? Should we cut him too?

DBroncos4life
09-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Which RB fumbled that allowed Pitt to force OT? While were talking about "hands" which DB dropped an INT that hit him in the hands with nobody around him a play or 2 before Pitt tied it? Are those two terrible too?

LOL. Ball ****ing blows.

DBroncos4life
09-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Does anyone know who fumbled to force overtime vs Pitt and do you think we should cut him?

AmericanBroncFan
09-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Does anyone know who fumbled to force overtime vs Pitt and do you think we should cut him?

#23 and #27 are known fumblers and yet Ball is the only one who gets slammed for it???????

Shananahan
09-08-2012, 02:18 PM
I can't imagine what it must feel like to have strong opinions about a guy like Lance Ball.

AmericanBroncFan
09-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Ball will get more playing time against pitt than knowsho. Any bets on that?

Bigdawg26
09-08-2012, 02:19 PM
I don't like ball either! I would been happy with Willis, Mareno, Hillman, and Johnson. But I'm happy with them cutting Hanie. He sucks!

DBroncos4life
09-08-2012, 02:21 PM
#23 and #27 are known fumblers and yet Ball is the only one who gets slammed for it???????

Dumb ass, people hate Moreno for his fumbling problem. You on the other hand don't seem to understand that FumBall puts the ball on the ground on a faster rate then our other backs. Pimping the **** back and lying about him being a better back is funny as ****.

AmericanBroncFan
09-08-2012, 02:22 PM
One of the GREATSET BRONCOS of all time had to take the Lance Ball route. Rod Smith had to fight from the practice squad to have a career just like Ball is doing. TD was drafted but had earn everything he got. Ball is just another player that has had to fight for playing time like those GREATS did. Easy ED was a journeyman WR with hardly no talent when he was with SF and NY. He came here worked his ass off and became a fan favorite. This team has a reputation of hard working blue collar types like BALL

DBroncos4life
09-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Ball will get more playing time against pitt than knowsho. Any bets on that?like on STs?

oubronco
09-08-2012, 02:24 PM
LOL at you guys arguing over which crappy RB is crappier

AmericanBroncFan
09-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Dumb ass, people hate Moreno for his fumbling problem. You on the other hand don't seem to understand that FumBall puts the ball on the ground on a faster rate then our other backs. Pimping the **** back and lying about him being a better back is funny as ****.

#23 and #27 both have a history of injuries so you better get used to the BALL/HILLMAN duo. The season will depend on those 2.

AmericanBroncFan
09-08-2012, 02:25 PM
like on STs?

All game all plays. Ball will also be on O more than slippin slide fumble get hurt guy

DBroncos4life
09-08-2012, 02:26 PM
#23 and #27 both have a history of injuries so you better get used to the BALL/HILLMAN duo. The season will depend on those 2.

Ha!

spdirty
09-08-2012, 02:27 PM
The slapfest between Knowshon and Ball is like arguing between a turd or a douche. They both suck.

Move on.

AmericanBroncFan
09-08-2012, 02:29 PM
The slapfest between Knowshon and Ball is like arguing between a turd or a douche. They both suck.

Move on.

ROFL!

DBroncos4life
09-08-2012, 02:30 PM

Move on.

Moreno is made for this system. FumBall is made for the bench.

uplink
09-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Ball is not as safe as last year since he lost the starting gig as kickoff returner

TheReverend
09-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Moreno is made for this system. FumBall is made for the bench.

I'm bullish on Knowshon this year.

...that being said, if that were TRULY the case, drafting Hillman so early wouldn't have been the priority that it was.

DBroncos4life
09-08-2012, 02:57 PM
I'm bullish on Knowshon this year.

...that being said, if that were TRULY the case, drafting Hillman so early wouldn't have been the priority that it was.

Med said it was basically what system he played in during his years at Georgia. I don't care for Moreno, I just know he is better then Ball. As for Hillman I think he was a priority because of his big play abilities.

LRtagger
09-08-2012, 03:22 PM

Ball - 170 career touches, 4 Fumbles = 1 fumble every 42.5 touches
170 career touches, 2 TDs = 1 TD every 85 touches

Moreno - 542 career touches, 8 fumbles = 1 fumble every 67.75 touches
542 career touches, 18 TDs = 1 TD every 30 touches

Yea Moreno sucks and Ball is great ROFL!

LRtagger
09-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Just for fun we can do Willis too

1966 career touches, 23 fumbles = 1 fumble every 85.47 touches
1966 career touches, 64 TDs = 1 TD every 30.7 touches

Clearly Lance Ball is the best RB on the team...the only RB on the roster that averages more fumbles per touch than TDs per touch

bowtown
09-08-2012, 03:52 PM
I can't imagine what it must feel like to have strong opinions about a guy like Lance Ball.

^
This about sums it up.

canadianbroncosfan
09-08-2012, 04:19 PM
One of the GREATSET BRONCOS of all time had to take the Lance Ball route. Rod Smith had to fight from the practice squad to have a career just like Ball is doing. TD was drafted but had earn everything he got. Ball is just another player that has had to fight for playing time like those GREATS did. Easy ED was a journeyman WR with hardly no talent when he was with SF and NY. He came here worked his ass off and became a fan favorite. This team has a reputation of hard working blue collar types like BALL

You're saying that Ball has Smith and TD talent?

GTFO

Requiem
09-08-2012, 04:21 PM
AmericanBroncoFan. . . GTFO.

gyldenlove
09-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Hanie will be back on Tuesday and Siliga will be back on PS.

errand
09-08-2012, 05:08 PM

Is Weber on the active roster?

No, he isn't.....the Broncos are going with only 2 QB's....Peyton and Brock.

I think this says more about the progress Brock has made since camp....

errand
09-08-2012, 05:20 PM

Champ Bailey rarely drops a sure INT, and McGahee has fumbled once every 85 times he touches the football via rush or reception.....so please stop before you embarrass yourself.

Also for those that hate on Ball...he's only got 4 career fumbles on 170 touches, or once very 42.5 times he touches the ball. Not as good a ratio as McGahee, but not the 1 out of 30 times some of you clowns claim either.

I think both sides need to STFU on the whole Fumble issue...especially since none of us have a say so in who does or doesn't stay on the roster.

UberBroncoMan
09-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Ball - 170 career touches, 4 Fumbles = 1 fumble every 42.5 touches
170 career touches, 2 TDs = 1 TD every 85 touches

Moreno - 542 career touches, 8 fumbles = 1 fumble every 67.75 touches
542 career touches, 18 TDs = 1 TD every 30 touches

Yea Moreno sucks and Ball is great ROFL!

I wonder how many people realize that Ball played for the COLTS before us and is someone Manning is "familiar" with.

UberBroncoMan
09-08-2012, 05:24 PM

He isn't even on our practice squad. He chose to go to the Bucs practice squad. Probably regrets that now if Hanie stays cut.

errand
09-08-2012, 05:25 PM
You're saying that Ball has Smith and TD talent?

GTFO

this is too funny Canadian arguing with American LOL

He didn't compare their talent level...he said that Rod had to work harder to earn his spot because of his lack of pedigree coming to team as an undrafted free agent...and while he was definitely one of our greatest players all-time, TD was a 6th round afterthought RB who probably wouldn't have made the team in '95 had he not shown the coaching staff something while playing special teams....

His point is Ball is an underdog...a classic overachiever that a lot of coaches love to have on their team.

UberBroncoMan
09-08-2012, 05:31 PM
Hanie will be back on Tuesday and Siliga will be back on PS.

Here's the questions...why promote Siliga to our roster? If we want to bring Hanie back, why not just cut him. Then wait until after the game and then resign him. What is the purpose of promoting Siliga?

DenverBrit
09-08-2012, 05:38 PM
It's just a salary maneuver.

Hanie released; Siliga promoted to 53-man roster

In a move to help maintain budget flexibility for later in the season, the Broncos released backup quarterback Caleb Hanie on Saturday. He was replaced on the 53-man roster by defensive tackle Sealver Siliga who was promoted from the practice squad.

Hanie was released so his $1 million base salary would not be guaranteed. The Broncos also avoided paying him a $250,000 bonus for making the active game day roster. Don’t be surprised if Hanie is re-signed by the Broncos on Tuesday.

As a fifth-year player, the former Colorado State quarterback fell under the “vested vet” trap that figures to see many veteran players around the league released today, and then re-signed early next week. Had Hanie been the No. 2 quarterback for the game Sunday against Pittsburgh, his $1 million salary would have been guaranteed the rest of the year regardless of future transactions.

The moves also mean Brock Osweiler will be the Broncos’ No. 2 quarterback against the Steelers and that the team is likely to play veteran linebacker Keith Brooking and safety/punt returner Jim Leonhard.
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/09/08/hanie-released-siliga-promoted-53man-roster/15518/

DBroncos4life
09-08-2012, 05:45 PM
I wonder how many people realize that Ball played for the COLTS before us and is someone Manning is "familiar" with.

lol ONE game he played with the Colts in 2008 is a huge deal. He fumbled that game so Manning knows that will happen often. Just like in preseason.

gyldenlove
09-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Here's the questions...why promote Siliga to our roster? If we want to bring Hanie back, why not just cut him. Then wait until after the game and then resign him. What is the purpose of promoting Siliga?

2 reasons: 1 if we cut Hanie now, his salary is not guaranteed for the year so we can sign him week to week without having to pay anymore than we get.
2 we don't need Hanie as a backup QB, but we might want an extra DT given how Warren and Vick have both had injuries, so this way we get to have Siliga available on game day.

Effectively this is the Patriots trick of having 54 players on the roster.

Lestat
09-08-2012, 05:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/FYq7M.gif%20

LRtagger
09-08-2012, 06:15 PM

What a dope of me not to have seen that when I was looking over his stats. You know, the fact that he played in one game for the Colts 4 years ago and caught a whopping 1 pass for 5 yards in that game. The chemistry he generated with Manning in 2008 is clearly enough reason to keep him on the roster and so he can give the opposing team an extra possession every 40 times we give him the ball and score a TD every 85 times he touches it.

Yes because of that one game he should definitely play more than Moreno. Even though he fumbles almost twice as much and scores a TD three times less often than Moreno.

Clearly I am in the wrong and apologize.

LRtagger
09-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Oh yea and he fumbled in that game too ROFL!

menonite
09-08-2012, 06:19 PM
What a dope of me not to have seen that when I was looking over his stats. You know, the fact that he played in one game for the Colts 4 years ago and caught a whopping 1 pass for 5 yards in that game. The chemistry he generated with Manning in 2008 is clearly enough reason to keep him on the roster and so he can give the opposing team an extra possession every 40 times we give him the ball and score a TD every 85 times he touches it.

Yes because of that one game he should definitely play more than Moreno. Even though he fumbles almost twice as much and scores a TD three times less often than Moreno.

Clearly I am in the wrong and apologize.

It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong.

Lestat
09-08-2012, 06:21 PM

Blair White played with Manning more and you don't see us trying to sign or trade for him because Manning is familiar with him.

Ball barely played and wasn't a factor.

http://rlv.zcache.com/cmon_man_cmon_man_come_on_man_tshirt-p235603630596656159b7lpo_400.jpg

broncolife
09-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Is Haine going to be cut before each game and resigned after each game? If so, lookout Chad Mustard your record is going down. Im surprised the raiders dont pick him up and raid our playbook.

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Well at least he won't be on the field for at least one week. So we got that goin for us.

theAPAOps5
09-08-2012, 08:20 PM

So when they sign him back on Monday does that say Brock regressed in one day?

Kaylore
09-08-2012, 09:21 PM
I didn't know Lance Ball's dad posted on this site.

Bacchus
09-08-2012, 09:34 PM

No it doesn't. Hanie clearly outplayed Oz. This has nothing to do with anything besides money. Hanie will be re-signed on Monday.

montrose
09-08-2012, 10:13 PM
I was thinking they might do this with Brooking since he's been hurt and DJ will be back in 6 weeks. Guess they're confident he'll contribute all season. Per the Lance Ball stuff, he's on the roster for a few reasons:

1) He's on nearly every special teams unit
2) He knows the offense and can play all three downs if necessary
3) Good locker room guy

Every team is sprinkled with a few guys like Lance.

http://i.imgur.com/FYq7M.gif%20

Lol, best all-round performer in the business today.

errand
09-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Oh yea and he fumbled in that game too ROFL!

And the pass he caught wasn't from Manning, but his back-up Sorgi...however I'm sure Ball's is familiar with Manning from the reps in practice with the Colts....

errand
09-08-2012, 10:18 PM
So when they sign him back on Monday does that say Brock regressed in one day?

Nope..it just means the Broncos are gonna carry three QB's after week one.

TheChamp24
09-08-2012, 10:56 PM
3 freakin pages, and probably on its way to 20, over a mediocre at best backup QB being released and probably resigned to save money.

Plus, talk of a 4th string RB being cut or not. FFS.

UberBroncoMan
09-08-2012, 11:02 PM
Couldn't we technically just sign Hanie as an "assistant QB coach" so he's involved in all the meetings and game planning and sign him as a player should Manning have an injury that puts him out for the rest of the year.

Better option for him than having no team and it gives us an extra roster spot.

Iono, seems like a sneaky idea.

Bacchus
09-08-2012, 11:09 PM
3 freakin pages, and probably on its way to 20, over a mediocre at best backup QB being released and probably resigned to save money.

Plus, talk of a 4th string RB being cut or not. FFS.

It's a message board.

Archer81
09-08-2012, 11:56 PM
Roster tinkering at its finest.

:Broncos:

BowlenBall
09-09-2012, 12:46 AM
Hanie cut, you say?

http://obtuseobserver.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Lombardi-Trophy.jpg

Taco John
09-09-2012, 10:47 AM

No he's not. Knowshon hasn't proven to be lethal anywhere on our roster, which is why he ends up ceding most of his playing time to a guy like Ball.

DBroncos4life
09-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Ball will get more playing time against pitt than knowsho. Any bets on that?

Hilarious!