PDA

View Full Version : Sealver Siliga moved to active roster from PS

Denver724
09-08-2012, 11:58 AM
Wonder if someone tried to sign him off our PS.

crush17
09-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Link? Twitter?

Wes Mantooth
09-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Who was dropped?

theAPAOps5
09-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Josina Anderson reported it on Twitter. Only says a "source" reports. No word on who was released.

ghwk
09-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Josina Anderson reported it on Twitter. Only says a "source" reports. No word on who was released.

Josina, the sportscasting world's version of Barryr.

crush17
09-08-2012, 12:20 PM
They released Hanie!!
Being reported on 102.3...

Saying he will be released, then re-signed on Monday to avoid the 1M payment.
Just like in the article posted earlier... wow can't believe they did him like that. Oh well, its a business.

theAPAOps5
09-08-2012, 12:22 PM
They released Hanie!!
Being reported on 102.3...

Saying he will be released, then re-signed on Monday to avoid the 1M payment.
Just like in the article posted earlier... wow can't believe they did him like that. Oh well, its a business.

Happens on every team. He will just be happy to have a paycheck

SoCalBronco
09-08-2012, 12:27 PM
It is a dick move, but he doesnt deserve the 1m anyway.

cutthemdown
09-08-2012, 12:48 PM
Its a business move not a dick move. A player needs to know his worth. If he was worth being on a roster to start season some team would burn Broncos and snatch him up. The truth though is Broncos went all in with Manning and Hanie is a scrub.

Kid A
09-08-2012, 12:53 PM
I imagine they had discussed this with him when he was on the final cut bubble. Probably happy to get on board with this plan if it guaranteed a roster spot for the year.

theAPAOps5
09-08-2012, 12:53 PM

The NFL is a dick boss to work for. Teams do this all the time.

TheReverend
09-08-2012, 01:09 PM
I imagine they had discussed this with him when he was on the final cut bubble. Probably happy to get on board with this plan if it guaranteed a roster spot for the year.

^ that

lonestar
09-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Josina, the sportscasting world's version of Barryr.

even I would not insult you like that.. and you probably deserve it more than he does..

SoCalBronco
09-08-2012, 01:12 PM

I know...and I was saying he didnt deserve the 1m anyway.

Bacchus
09-08-2012, 01:12 PM

Yep, the money they are supposed to get they won't get if the owners can do anything about it.

Pat Bowlen
09-08-2012, 01:13 PM
The NFL is a dick boss to work for.
Big and swingin'.

lonestar
09-08-2012, 01:13 PM

wow Wonder how you would feel if it was your money?

theAPAOps5
09-08-2012, 01:19 PM
I know...and I was saying he didnt deserve the 1m anyway.

My comment was not really directed at you but a comment in general. Its a bitch of a league to work for.

theAPAOps5
09-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Big and swingin'.

Damn straight!

SoCalBronco
09-08-2012, 01:32 PM
wow Wonder how you would feel if it was your money?

If I were a billionaire and ran my team well enough that I could make good operating income using the high revenues from the stadium etc., I probably wouldn't care too much.

If I were a cheap miser that's been a worthless dick in general for a decade, I'd prolly delight in pulling the carpet out from under a guy at the last second, while taking a swag of some premium brandy.

In any event, Hanie is trash, so he doesn't deserve the money on the merits, anyway.

GreasyQtip
09-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Sorry I missed this thread, searched Hanie, but Hanie was dropped

crush17
09-08-2012, 01:38 PM
If I were a billionaire and ran my team well enough that I could make good operating income using the high revenues from the stadium etc., I probably wouldn't care too much.

If I were a cheap miser that's been a worthless dick in general for a decade, I'd prolly delight in pulling the carpet out from under a guy at the last second, while taking a swag of some premium brandy.
In any event, Hanie is trash, so he doesn't deserve the money on the merits, anyway.

Give it a rest.

Kaylore
09-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Give it a rest.

But he fired Shanahan and traded Cutler!

http://thebridaldiaries.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/crying-baby_01.jpg

TheReverend
09-08-2012, 01:50 PM

[IMG]http://thebridaldiaries.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/crying-baby_01.jpg[IMG]

Both moves we've been reeling from ever since.

Hopefully Peyton puts an end to that this season, and I believe he will, but it still remains to be seen.

Kaylore
09-08-2012, 01:54 PM
Both moves we've been reeling from ever since.

Hopefully Peyton puts an end to that this season, and I believe he will, but it still remains to be seen.

Only because of what we went to. We would still be a .500 football team if Shanahan the GM was still here blowing picks and wasting money on horrid free agents. I do see the irony in how this trend continued under McDaniels, though.

Are they just going to cut Sealver after the Steelers game? It suggests they are more than a little concerned with the Steelers running game...

TheReverend
09-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Only because of what we went to.We would still be a .500 football team if Shanahan the GM was still here blowing picks and wasting money on horrid free agents. I do see the irony in how this trend continued under McDaniels, though.

Are they just going to cut Sealver after the Steelers game? It suggests they are more than a little concerned with the Steelers running game...

Oh get that **** out of here...

Shananahan
09-08-2012, 02:00 PM
SoCal's ulcers and hemorrhoids are all named Pat Bowlen.

SoCalBronco
09-08-2012, 02:02 PM
SoCal's ulcers and hemorrhoids are all named Pat Bowlen.

Actually today, they're named Collin Klein, Hubert and Arthur Brown, but most days you are right. :)

elsid13
09-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Only because of what we went to. We would still be a .500 football team if Shanahan the GM was still here blowing picks and wasting money on horrid free agents. I do see the irony in how this trend continued under McDaniels, though.

You're are whining like a ginger.......

cutthemdown
09-08-2012, 03:04 PM
Steelers oline not good enough to run the ball and win anymore. They will have to throw it. Really this Steeler team has real problems on the oline. Anyone who watches a lot of football knows what that means for a QB like Roth. He holds the ball so long not sure he will still healthy even 8 weeks.

BroncoMan4ever
09-08-2012, 03:18 PM

I still say good job Pat on firing Shanahan. Mediocrity for a decade and blowing up a 13-3 AFCCG team instead of building onto it deserved being **** canned.

BroncoMan4ever
09-08-2012, 03:21 PM

I don't think it is fear of the Steelers ground game as much as uncertainty with Warren. 2 years away and injuries in each of the last 2 years. Depth in case something happens

TheReverend
09-08-2012, 03:24 PM
I still say good job Pat on firing Shanahan. Mediocrity for a decade and blowing up a 13-3 AFCCG team instead of building onto it deserved being **** canned.

Well there you have it folks.

From the guy that brought you this:

a just good DL will have more of an impact for a defense than a HOF corner ever will.

Case = Rested

BroncoMan4ever
09-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Well there you have it folks.

From the guy that brought you this:

Case = Rested

It is truly sad that you still cry over a post that is like 2 years old.

To me your posts are about as noticeable as a fart in a hurricane, but mine fester in your mind for years. You are pathetic and not worth mine or anyone else's time.

TheReverend
09-08-2012, 03:48 PM
It is truly sad that you still cry over a post that is like 2 years old.

To me your posts are about as noticeable as a fart in a hurricane, but mine fester in your mind for years. You are pathetic and not worth mine or anyone else's time.

When you see something that ****ing stupid, you're inclined to remember it.

You are that ****ing stupid.

Agamemnon
09-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Oh get that **** out of here...

Are you saying he didn't constantly blow picks or waste money on horrid free agents? Is that your official position?

lonestar
09-08-2012, 05:56 PM

FWIW Tanahan seemed to have a drain the pockets attitude while he was here..
I completely understand Pat now wanting to save a million here and there if there is a way to do so..
He, John and Joe would be bad businessmen if they did not..

Especially on players of the caliber of hanie..

lonestar
09-08-2012, 05:59 PM

:thumbs:

the bad news is he waited 3 more years to do it..

BroncoFanDoug
09-08-2012, 09:44 PM

If I were an owner that wanted to win a Superbowl, I would make sure that I did not spend salary cap money anywhere I did not need to. And spending guaranteed money on Hanie is a bad idea.

There are only maybe 10 owners that really try to win a Superbowl. Bowlen is one of them. He paid tons to Shanny and McD to go away only because he realized they would not get us there. Has he messed up? Yes. But do you really doubt his desire to go back to the big game??

Have we forgotten the $ commitment to Peyton? We are very lucky fans to have an owner who's goal is to win just not reap the profits.

Bacchus
09-08-2012, 10:31 PM
Steelers oline not good enough to run the ball and win anymore. They will have to throw it. Really this Steeler team has real problems on the oline. Anyone who watches a lot of football knows what that means for a QB like Roth. He holds the ball so long not sure he will still healthy even 8 weeks.

I predicted Pittsburgh will not make the playoffs this year. I feel like what you said is true they are going to pass more and they also got a new offensive coordinator in Todd Haley. He is changing their scheme to a quick read, pass offense and Ben can not play in this type of offense IMO. Ben takes deep drops holds on to the ball a long time and scrambles if he needs to. He has already made some comments this preseason about it and I feel it is not a good fit. Haley will be one and done in Pittsburgh. The defense is also getting older and is already banged up. I think Ben will be very unhappy when he is playing and he will miss some games because of injury.