PDA

View Full Version : Floyd Little Ripped the Denver Broncos on Sirius XM

Pony Boy
09-07-2012, 08:03 AM
Wow, I just heard an interview with Floyd Little on Sirius XM and he really let loose and ripped the Denver Bronco’s organization on how bad they have treated him. He didn’t pull any punches on how disappointed he was with the way the Bronco’s handled his Hall of Fame induction. He said he had to pay for most everything out of his pocket including his hospitality food tent. All the other inductees had lavish hospility tents paid for by the team organizations. He also told of asking the Bronco’s for $250 for advertising in magazine and he was told “no, we have done enough for Mr. Little over the years”. It was really sad and he was obviously very bitter toward the Denver Broncos. I think this is all in his new book just released.

Does anyone know how to get a copy of his interview to post?

Drek
09-07-2012, 08:07 AM
Wait, there was a Broncos team pre-Elway?

Garcia Bronco
09-07-2012, 08:13 AM
Sounds like a false sense of entitlement. The guy finally gets inducted and it's still not good enough. LOL

bronco militia
09-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Floyd probably kept asking this guy

http://sportschump.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/josh-mcdaniels-broncos-coach.jpg

this could be one of the many reasons why John Elway has brought back some of his old teamates to camp this year.

Pony Boy
09-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Wait, there was a Broncos team pre-Elway?

Good point, I wonder how much out of pocket expense John paid for his HOF induction?

bronco militia
09-07-2012, 08:18 AM
Good point, I wonder how much out of pocket expense John paid for his HOF induction?

john wasn't there yet

edit...derp.

nevermind

Garcia Bronco
09-07-2012, 08:18 AM

It wouldn't even matter to Elway and that's the difference.

Chris
09-07-2012, 08:21 AM
Gutless.

Pony Boy
09-07-2012, 08:27 AM

Even if Floyd doesn't matter to Pat Bowlen, he could have sent the Broncos team jet out to pick up the Floyd family and friends and paid for a nice hospility tent.

Taco John
09-07-2012, 08:28 AM
Sounds like a false sense of entitlement. The guy finally gets inducted and it's still not good enough. LOL

I don't think it's false at all. As far as I'm concerned, he's rightly entitled. The team should definitely show some courtesy for guys like Floyd Little. These guys paved the way for what we have today, and they weren't getting paid the millions upon millions that are shelled out in this day and age.

We don't have a lot of Broncos in the HOF. The organization should think to take good care of the ones that we do have.

delany
09-07-2012, 08:35 AM
There was a reason he got his nickname. If true, the Broncos should have done more.

bronco militia
09-07-2012, 08:37 AM
in 2010, the franchise was a mess. I don't doubt Floyd's claims

Dr. Broncenstein
09-07-2012, 08:39 AM
Heard that interview on the way to work. Woah.

Gort
09-07-2012, 08:40 AM
I don't think it's false at all. As far as I'm concerned, he's rightly entitled. The team should definitely show some courtesy for guys like Floyd Little. These guys paved the way for what we have today, and they weren't getting paid the millions upon millions that are shelled out in this day and age.

We don't have a lot of Broncos in the HOF. The organization should think to take good care of the ones that we do have.

i agree. from a PR point of view, it's a good thing to do. but even if nobody were ever to know about it except the Broncos and Little, it's the RIGHT thing to do.

Jason in LA
09-07-2012, 08:43 AM
Well, he's no Terrell Davis. ;D

zdoor
09-07-2012, 08:43 AM
That's really disappointing to hear....

razorwire77
09-07-2012, 08:45 AM
That's pretty disappointing. It's not like we're talking about hundreds of thousands of dollars here. For a billion dollar franchise a decent tent with catering, 10 or 15 decent hotel rooms probably wouldn't even cost 20 grand. Instead you have a HOF'er blasting the team. Not the kind of PR you want.

Tombstone RJ
09-07-2012, 08:49 AM
this falls squarly on Ellis and gutless drunk if true. Again, you really can't blame McD for this type of crap. This comes from the very top down.

Garcia Bronco
09-07-2012, 08:50 AM
Even if Floyd doesn't matter to Pat Bowlen, he could have sent the Broncos team jet out to pick up the Floyd family and friends and paid for a nice hospility tent.

It's still not Pat's responsibility.

BowlenBall
09-07-2012, 08:51 AM
This is a Joe Ellis issue... very disrespectful, if true.

Pony Boy
09-07-2012, 08:53 AM
Heard that interview on the way to work. Woah.

I was driving and listening to the interview so I may not have all the facts of the interview right so please feel free to correct any thing that might be wrong in my opening post.

But for 5 to 10 minutes he ripped the Bronco's organization and was obviously very hurt by their indifference to his HOF induction.

gyldenlove
09-07-2012, 08:54 AM
I would really like to see John come out and apologize to Little and mend some fences on this one, I know it wasn't his doing, but I think this is a situation where he can show that the Broncos are all about being a classy organization.

RaiderH8r
09-07-2012, 09:00 AM

Exactly. If it weren't for guys like Floyd the Denver Broncos may have ended up the Albequerque Assclowns and nobody wants to root for those guys. They're assclowns.

Pat can pony up $250 for an ad FFS. Floyd's induction is a net positive for the club and hence a wise business investment. Bad decision all around. Gets negative pub from Floyd, peeves fans, and reflects poorly on the club because it is a Busch league move.

razorwire77
09-07-2012, 09:18 AM
Exactly. If it weren't for guys like Floyd the Denver Broncos may have ended up the Albequerque Assclowns and nobody wants to root for those guys. They're assclowns.

Hey now, I've been a fan of the Albuquerque Assclowns since day one.

BowlenBall
09-07-2012, 09:20 AM
Where can I buy an Albuquerque Assclowns jersey?

broncocalijohn
09-07-2012, 09:22 AM
I would like to know the names for this. Poor guy had waited years to get into the HOF and then is treated as a 2nd class citizen by his own team. I think we need to hear from The Moops on this one since he is pretty close to Little.

RhymesayersDU
09-07-2012, 09:23 AM
All the other inductees had lavish hospility tents paid for by the team organizations.

This is all I needed to hear. If the teams picking up of the check is a common practice league wide, it's pretty ****ty for the Broncos to not fall in line and do it for Floyd.

RhymesayersDU
09-07-2012, 09:23 AM

Just Google UNM Lobos.

Smilin Assassin
09-07-2012, 09:35 AM
Two pages, 28 posts.....

and yet not one "Bowlen's broke!" reference?

It truly is a sad day.

Pony Boy
09-07-2012, 09:41 AM
This is all I needed to hear. If the teams picking up of the check is a common practice league wide, it's pretty ****ty for the Broncos to not fall in line and do it for Floyd.

In the interview Floyd said he had to pay for the food in his tent and I think he said about $1700 but I might be wrong on the amount but it's close to that. He said Jerry Rice had an awesome tent with food but paid nothing out of his pocket.

Drunk Monkey
09-07-2012, 09:47 AM
this falls squarly on Ellis and gutless drunk if true. Again, you really can't blame McD for this type of crap. This comes from the very top down.

I can blame McD for what ever I want thank you very much. Poverty, war, the decline of America, One Direction.......

Pony Boy
09-07-2012, 09:49 AM
There was some humor in the interview when he talked about how he promised his kids that if he ever made into the HOF he would take them to a super bowl. He said had it been earlier in his life it would have cost 40 bucks a ticket but in 2010 it cost 1000 bucks a ticket and he had to borrow the money even though his kids are now adults and make more money than he does. This was all part of his "Promises to keep" book theme.

BroncoBen
09-07-2012, 09:54 AM
In the interview Floyd said he had to pay for the food in his tent and I think he said about $1700 but I might be wrong on the amount but it's close to that. He said Jerry Rice had an awesome tent with food but paid nothing out of his pocket.

Well Jerry Rice is the GOAT (Greatest of all time), not a good comparison.

If what Floyd Little says is true, I'm sorry to hear that... that is a disappointment. But maintaining perspective ... Little played 68'-73'.. that is over 40 years ago. Many things have changed over the decades.

Ownership is the biggest change, I can see how maybe Bowlen has no real ties to those old teams, or old players.

Pony Boy
09-07-2012, 10:11 AM

If what Floyd Little says is true, I'm sorry to hear that... that is a disappointment. But maintaining perspective ... Little played 68'-73'.. that is over 40 years ago. Many things have changed over the decades.

Ownership is the biggest change, I can see how maybe Bowlen has no real ties to those old teams, or old players.

Oh now I see, Floyd Little is in a different HOF than Jerry Rice. The HOF Jerry Rice is in is on a different level not the HOF down on the lower level for old players.......... I see how that works, maybe they should wear a different color jacket so we can tell the difference.

Garcia Bronco
09-07-2012, 10:14 AM
WTF does JR's relationship with his old team have to do with Little's realtionship with his old team....NAFT. It really sounds like jealousy to me. Sorry. I don't like disageeing with Little, but this is a bunch of nonsense.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-07-2012, 10:15 AM
I was driving and listening to the interview so I may not have all the facts of the interview right so please feel free to correct any thing that might be wrong in my opening post.

But for 5 to 10 minutes he ripped the Bronco's organization and was obviously very hurt by their indifference to his HOF induction.

Oh that's exactly what I heard. His HOF induction is as much of a feather in the cap for the organization as it is for him IMO. Broncos should have made that a special event. Sounds like they totally shiat the bed.

dbfan4life
09-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Just Google UNM Lobos.

Zing!!!!

Pony Boy
09-07-2012, 10:30 AM
WTF does JR's relationship with his old team have to do with Little's realtionship with his old team....NAFT. It really sounds like jealousy to me. Sorry. I don't like disageeing with Little, but this is a bunch of nonsense.

Chris
09-07-2012, 10:34 AM
Anyone else think Joe Ellis is a giant smarmy douchebag?

Agamemnon
09-07-2012, 10:35 AM
What's really messed up is that Floyd didn't play in the days of huge contracts, so hime having to pay for all that stuff probably really hurt.

ludo21
09-07-2012, 10:42 AM
sounds like sour grapes, waiting a year to whine about this.

But the team probably should have taken care of him.

broncosteven
09-07-2012, 10:56 AM
sounds like sour grapes, waiting a year to whine about this.

But the team probably should have taken care of him.

Bowlen doesn't seem to care about the Players that made HIS Franchise what it was.

Floyd is the reason the Broncos remained in Denver Bowlen should have pulled out all the stops and treated Floyd to a day to remember. With out him the team would be in some other crappy city.

The reason Floyd is talking about it now is because he and Tom Mackie (OM Userid=The Moops) just wrote another book called Promises to Keep and they are doing their Media and book signing tour as we speak.

broncosteven
09-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Wow, I just heard an interview with Floyd Little on Sirius XM and he really let loose and ripped the Denver Bronco’s organization on how bad they have treated him. He didn’t pull any punches on how disappointed he was with the way the Bronco’s handled his Hall of Fame induction. He said he had to pay for most everything out of his pocket including his hospitality food tent. All the other inductees had lavish hospility tents paid for by the team organizations. He also told of asking the Bronco’s for $250 for advertising in magazine and he was told “no, we have done enough for Mr. Little over the years”. It was really sad and he was obviously very bitter toward the Denver Broncos. I think this is all in his new book just released.

Does anyone know how to get a copy of his interview to post?

PM The Moops, he wrote the book with Floyd and is with him today doing the media blitz and signings for the book.

Traveler
09-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Bowlen doesn't seem to care about the Players that made HIS Franchise what it was.

Floyd is the reason the Broncos remained in Denver Bowlen should have pulled out all the stops and treated Floyd to a day to remember. With out him the team would be in some other crappy city.

The reason Floyd is talking about it now is because he and Tom Mackie (OM Userid=The Moops) just wrote another book called Promises to Keep and they are doing their Media and book signing tour as we speak.

Floyd deserves better than this. As said earlier, he is greatly responsible for Denver even having a football team. Truly sad the team didn't support him more on his special day. :cuss:

Captain 'Dre
09-07-2012, 11:05 AM

Yeah, I'm thinking Elway did considerably better for himself financially with the dough he made in *his* era, than Floyd Little did with the pittance he earned in an era when the pay was so poor, many NFL'ers had offseason jobs.

HILife
09-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Floyd is right, the team should be looking out for the few HoF that they have. What I wonder is if Sharp, Elway, or Zimmerman got better treatment?

Garcia Bronco
09-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Okay people...put you money where your mouth is...

Let's create a collection for Little's food tent. Anyone game? Respond here.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-07-2012, 11:45 AM
I'm going to buy his book.

RhymesayersDU
09-07-2012, 11:53 AM

Oh Troll Garcia, you hadn't been missed.

broncocalijohn
09-07-2012, 12:00 PM

It is called respect. He earned it and obviously didn't receive it. It makes our organization look cheap as ****. Only Al Davis would be proud but I also know he took care of his past players. Bowlen shold be thankful the Broncos are still a viable franchise and it started with the first real hero in Floyd Little.

BroncoLifer
09-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Hey now, I've been a fan of the Albuquerque Assclowns since day one.

Is that Michael Bolton's team?

Houshyamama
09-07-2012, 12:04 PM
In this thread I've heard the blame lies with:

McDaniels
Ellis
Bowlen

Who is responsible?

I'd really like to hear both sides of the story.

broncocalijohn
09-07-2012, 12:08 PM

McDaniels
Ellis
Bowlen

Who is responsible?

Garcia Bronco would like to say it is Little for not putting up better numbers with some bad Denver teams. He would have got into the HOF earlier and Bowlen wasn't a gutless drunk at that time.

Or something like that.

Garcia Bronco
09-07-2012, 12:19 PM
It is called respect. He earned it and obviously didn't receive it. It makes our organization look cheap as ****. Only Al Davis would be proud but I also know he took care of his past players. Bowlen shold be thankful the Broncos are still a viable franchise and it started with the first real hero in Floyd Little.

They've respected him over and over but now it doesn't matter because they didn't fly out his family and buy'em a meal? Come on. The sense of entitlement is staggering.

So again everybody...put your ****ing money where your mouth is....I'll put in 100 bucks. The goal is to come-up with the food tent money or 1500 hundred bucks. As much as you bitches complain...I would expect ten takers by now.

Lestat
09-07-2012, 12:43 PM
it's bad PR but honestly the franchise was so jacked at that time that it hardly seems unlikely that they ****ed it up.

not saying anything is owed to Floyd but it's kinda sad that they didn't kick in for his HOF stuff.

rbackfactory80
09-07-2012, 01:01 PM
What a chump move by Denver. Unbelievably classless if true.

Gort
09-07-2012, 01:02 PM

http://www.nflshop.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=716674

broncosteven
09-07-2012, 01:05 PM
They've respected him over and over but now it doesn't matter because they didn't fly out his family and buy'em a meal? Come on. The sense of entitlement is staggering.

So again everybody...put your ****ing money where your mouth is....I'll put in 100 bucks. The goal is to come-up with the food tent money or 1500 hundred bucks. As much as you b****es complain...I would expect ten takers by now.

I can't put that much in but I would kick in some money that we could give in Floyd's name to a charity he supports.

I don't think the issue is about the money, I think it is more about the fact that Bowlen and Kaiser before him never reached out to Floyd after he finished playing and used him as an ambassador to the fans and public at large.

I read in his 1st book how Floyd had to stand in line with the rest of us to get tickets to SB XII. The man who singlehandedly kept the Broncos in Denver had to go to the ticket window and buy his tickets like the rest of us.

There is no reason our one Pre-Elway, Pre-Superbowl asset should be treated like he has been over the years.

Also the issue is not only how Floyd is treated but also how guys like Upchurch (who should be in the ring of fame) are being forgotten or cast aside.

Will Bowlen pay for a tent if Gradishar ever gets in or will he be forgotten by the Bronco franchise. I was upset at the time that Floyd went in because Bowlen didn't even bother flying out. You own the team, a handful of guys go into the HOF every year, you have a guy who represents your franchise and you can't be there or buy him a tent or anything?

I bet if TD ever got in Bowlen would have his favorite Strippers from Atlanta flown down and the party would never end.

I wonder what they did for Sharpe when he went in last year.

We as a franchise and fan base have been sorely under represented for our entire history in the HOF, it is finally turning a corner and this is how the owner acts?

broncosteven
09-07-2012, 01:07 PM
BTW Tom said there is a lot more in the book

http://www.amazon.com/Promises-Keep-Inspired-Syracuse-Denver/dp/1600787533

Buy the book and show Bowlen that we care about the guys that made his franchise what it is.

Pony Boy
09-07-2012, 01:15 PM
In the interview he also mentioned how when he left football he told the Broncos he was interested in getting a job in an NLF front office, not saying Broncos but hoped they would read between the lines. The Broncos said "that's a great idea and they would be willing to help him if he needed a reference".

broncosteven
09-07-2012, 01:23 PM
In the interview he also mentioned how when he left football he told the Broncos he was interested in getting a job in an NLF front office, not saying Broncos but hoped they would read between the lines. The Broncos said "that's a great idea and they would be willing to help him if he needed a reference".

It is sad how they used him up, people in the community loved him and responded to him then when he was done on the field cast him away.

SoCalBronco
09-07-2012, 01:23 PM

McDaniels
Ellis
Bowlen

Who is responsible?

How about all of the above.....works for me...lol

All 3 are distinguished for their expertise in douchery.

BroncoFanDoug
09-07-2012, 02:31 PM
This is very sad. The reality is that Floyd Little was the only thing we had to be proud about as Denver Broncos fans in those years - he was the Broncos. Only Elway can be thought of in the same way.

I would not be surprised at all if Elway will make amends. He is working hard to bring back former Broncos and provide a sense of generational Bronco family. Let's hope he does if for Floyd as well.

Chris
09-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Anyone tweeting Elway about this?

broncosteven
09-07-2012, 03:13 PM
Anyone tweeting Elway about this?

I did think about writing a letter. Guess I am showing my age.

RhymesayersDU
09-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Send it carrier pigeon, perhaps?

Grover
09-07-2012, 03:53 PM
It is sad how they used him up, people in the community loved him and responded to him then when he was done on the field cast him away.

So why are you referencing Al Wilson in a Floyd Little thread? :wiggle:

I think this happens when you forget your assets are also people.

gunns
09-07-2012, 04:15 PM

This. I have joked about Bowlen in the past few years but I don't know what's actually gone on, but this is, well, horrific. And if the Broncos have done "enough" over the years for Mr. Little I'd like to hear what that was to judge if that was "enough" to treat one of the ground breakers for the Broncos with such disrespect.

jerseyboiler120
09-07-2012, 04:58 PM
This is very disappointing. Even if it isn't true, it's out there now.

McDman
09-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Was Elway here during this?

dsmoot
09-07-2012, 05:00 PM
Well, he's no Terrell Davis. ;D

In his time, with the talent on the team, he was TD and Elway wrapped into one. Don't quote me any stats, its about what he meant to Denver and how he was a singular bright spot for an organization who had no success. He solicited the fans of Denver for support in the lean times. Without him, there would not be a Denver Broncos. I would have gladly donated to any HOF fund for Floyd Little if I had known what little support the Bowlen organization gave to Floyd. Floyd is a man's man.

errand
09-07-2012, 05:43 PM
I guess I'm the only one who thinks if I were elected to the hall of fame, I would walk there if need be.....and could care less if the organization paid for a damn thing.

errand
09-07-2012, 05:52 PM
I would have gladly donated to any HOF fund for Floyd Little if I had known what little support the Bowlen organization gave to Floyd. Floyd is a man's man.

Floyd was known as "the franchise" and basically helped the Broncos become a much more competitive team by carrying them on offense for his entire career, and he deserved to be inducted into the Hall of Fame. If I was Bowlen, I'd have taken care of him and his family, (mainly from a PR stance) but I'm not, and he didn't according to Floyd.

But I have to ask....why does he need someone else to pay for his trip and a tent?

He has a ****ing law degree...he was a college coach....worked for NBC as an analyst...and if I recall correctly also owned a car dealership too....not to mention he surely got an advance on his book due to be released right?

I don't understand why people don't save their ****ing money, and always expect someone else to foot the bill for ****.

errand
09-07-2012, 05:54 PM
This is very disappointing. Even if it isn't true, it's out there now.

Wouldn't it be more disappointing if it weren't true?

errand
09-07-2012, 05:57 PM
This. I have joked about Bowlen in the past few years but I don't know what's actually gone on, but this is, well, horrific. And if the Broncos have done "enough" over the years for Mr. Little I'd like to hear what that was to judge if that was "enough" to treat one of the ground breakers for the Broncos with such disrespect.

Well, we might not ever find out, but I too am curious...maybe the Broncos owner loaned him money and never was paid back? Maybe they paid for his law degree? Maybe they helped fund his campaign to get inducted? Maybe they helped him get financing for a home or business venture?

Would that change people's attitudes about the Broncos not forking over $$$ for his induction ceremony?

Play2win
09-07-2012, 05:59 PM

McDaniels
Ellis
Bowlen

Who is responsible?

Brian Griese, of course.

Hilarious!

uplink
09-07-2012, 06:06 PM
wonder what the broncos side of the story is, this seems very bad.

errand
09-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Floyd deserves better than this. As said earlier, he is greatly responsible for Denver even having a football team. Truly sad the team didn't support him more on his special day. :cuss:

I'm sorry, I thought the owners were responsible for Denver having a football team....sure franchise and popular players help bring fans in to watch, but the owners decide where the franchise plays.

And in fairness to the franchise, we only have Floyd's side of the story....what if he's stretching the truth, or not telling the truth?

errand
09-07-2012, 06:18 PM

Pat can pony up $250 for an ad FFS. Floyd's induction is a net positive for the club and hence a wise business investment. Bad decision all around. Gets negative pub from Floyd, peeves fans, and reflects poorly on the club because it is a Busch league move.

so are you going to stop watching the Broncos now? Is anyone else going to stop watching them, buying their stuff?

and if you wanna talk about doing the right thing, how much does floyd Little charge a kid for his ****ing autograph?

errand
09-07-2012, 06:20 PM
I would like to know the names for this. Poor guy had waited years to get into the HOF and then is treated as a 2nd class citizen by his own team. I think we need to hear from The Moops on this one since he is pretty close to Little.

Really? you think you're gonna get an objective answer? Or a rehash of floyd's accusations? I'd rather hear from those that he allegedly asked for help that told him no...and why they told him no.

broncosteven
09-07-2012, 06:20 PM
I'm sorry, I thought the owners were responsible for Denver having a football team....sure franchise and popular players help bring fans in to watch, but the owners decide where the franchise plays.

And in fairness to the franchise, we only have Floyd's side of the story....what if he's stretching the truth, or not telling the truth?

I would like to hear from Elway and Sharpe what the Broncos did for them. I thought when John went in Bowlen went all out.

I think the fact that Bowlen didn't even fly out to be there when someone from his franchise was inducted tells the whole story.

How can you not go as an owner? He was there for John.

errand
09-07-2012, 06:22 PM

Well, is it common practice league wide?

errand
09-07-2012, 06:39 PM
I would like to hear from Elway and Sharpe what the Broncos did for them. I thought when John went in Bowlen went all out.

I think the fact that Bowlen didn't even fly out to be there when someone from his franchise was inducted tells the whole story.

How can you not go as an owner? He was there for John.

He was the owner when John, Zimmerman, and Sharpe played and won the SB....he has a very good relationship with them, what he did for those that served him well has nothing to do with Floyd. You act as if he wouldn't have purchased the Broncos had Floyd not existed

...I have no idea why he didn't show for Floyd's induction, if I were him I'd have gone, but I'm not...and again we only have Floyd's side of the story....

broncosteven
09-07-2012, 06:40 PM
He was the owner when John played and won the SB....he has a very good relationship with John...I have no idea why he didn't show for Floyd's induction, if I were him I'd have gone, but I'm not...and again we only have Floyd's side of the story....

I like the idea it was mCd or KM fault.

Victor
09-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Floyd should quit crying. He's a grown man, for heavens sake.

UberBroncoMan
09-07-2012, 06:46 PM
If this is true then the Broncos organization should be ashamed. Hell they could have ponied up $50k no problem to make this a great experience for him.

go_broncos
09-07-2012, 06:46 PM
I bet most of the posters here support Bowlen blindly.
Not surprised as most of them supported Mcd when he was our coach.

go_broncos
09-07-2012, 06:47 PM
If this is true then the Broncos organization should be ashamed. Hell they could have ponied up $50k no problem to make this a great experience for him.

I agree..

errand
09-07-2012, 06:49 PM
I like the idea it was mCd or KM fault.

Yes, because former players always ask the head coach they never played for or back-up RB's for money....

He would have had to ask someone in the FO first and foremost....i'm sure the team has someone who is in charge of that kind of ****...

dsmoot
09-07-2012, 06:57 PM
Well, we might not ever find out, but I too am curious...maybe the Broncos owner loaned him money and never was paid back? Maybe they paid for his law degree? Maybe they helped fund his campaign to get inducted? Maybe they helped him get financing for a home or business venture?

Would that change people's attitudes about the Broncos not forking over $$$ for his induction ceremony?

Errand, you are right again. After quoting all these facts, you have changed my attitude and I feel quite embarrassed for jumping to conclusions. I am glad that we have people here that really know the story. Always remember, there are two sides to every story.

rugbythug
09-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Floyd should have just said. I'm not going! Or he should shut the **** up. Why would you put an ad for a HOF induction in the first place what is the point? As for as I can tell the rehearsal dinner is paid by the grooms parents- Thus making Don Shulal culpable.

cutthemdown
09-07-2012, 07:06 PM
I could really care less about players being but hurt after they retire. You get into HOF finally and you still complain.

cutthemdown
09-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Errand, you are right again. After quoting all these facts, you have changed my attitude and I feel quite embarrassed for jumping to conclusions. I am glad that we have people here that really know the story. Always remember, there are two sides to every story.

Maybe Bowlen needed a bone marrow transplant and Little said **** off your ****ing drunk. Never know....would that change your mind? LOL!

errand
09-07-2012, 07:19 PM

you're an idiot....it's not supporting Bowlen blindly. It's wanting to know the other side of the story. do you know the other side of the story? No you don't do you? so shut the **** up or tell us -

.....who exactly did he ask for help? did he really ask them for help, or is he jealous that Jerry Rice didn't have to pay for his tent or hotel rooms and wonders why the Broncos didn't offer?

errand
09-07-2012, 07:21 PM

We're all guilty of doing it....I'm just wondering if he actually asked them for help or did he hear rice bragging about how the 49ers foot the bill for his **** and wonders why the Broncos didn't do likewise....

i mean surely he recalls WHO he talked to right? and if he didn't name them, then why all the bitching?

SoCalBronco
09-07-2012, 07:39 PM
The old man is making a habit of looking like a POS.

The Moops
09-07-2012, 09:30 PM
A lot of what you're saying is not accurate. Read the book to find out what Floyd said.

It's great that fans want to support the Broncos organization. But unless you played for the team, you really don't know how they treat former players. Every player has a different take.

broncocalijohn
09-07-2012, 09:39 PM

He retard, maybe you should now go back and read the posts. Seems very few like Garcia and Errand support your claim. NIce job Corky.

broncocalijohn
09-07-2012, 09:41 PM

You need to read up on Broncos football before there was the Orange Crush and little later, John Elway. Little saved this franchise from possibly moving. It is fact.

hambone13
09-07-2012, 09:43 PM
We're all guilty of doing it....I'm just wondering if he actually asked them for help or did he hear rice bragging about how the 49ers foot the bill for his **** and wonders why the Broncos didn't do likewise....

i mean surely he recalls WHO he talked to right? and if he didn't name them, then why all the b****ing?

I don't understand why the franchise wouldn't go out of it's way to showcase his induction. I mean even if he he slept with Bowlen's wife, it's a stupid idea not to pony up and show support for a player of Floyd's historical impact to the team. I don't give a **** what the other side of the story is, it's a classless move and does nothing to benefit the organization. Idiocy at it's finest.

gunns
09-07-2012, 10:35 PM

Uh, those old teams and old players were Broncos. And I'd say Little was instrumental in Bowlen having a Bronco team to buy into.

Prodigal19
09-07-2012, 10:43 PM
How is it not obvious to everyone that this is a publicity stunt to sell more books?

There is probably some bad blood between him and the broncos organization for whatever reason and he is taking it out on them by ripping them in the media. Until we hear the other side of this story or some stories from other players that have been "treated badly" I am remaining skeptical. The writer of the book is even on the forums telling us that in order to hear what is accurate we need to "Read the book to find out what Floyd said."

You think that is just a coincidence that we haven't heard him say anything like this up until right now when his book is coming out? This is marketing 101 people.

gunns
09-07-2012, 10:47 PM

I don't know if it would change my mind. Seeing that other players organizations respected them enough to pay, that's the problem I have, the lack of respect. Which Bronco's owner? They should have helped get him inducted. And maybe's don't answer the question. The Broncos need to come out and clarify.

That One Guy
09-07-2012, 11:15 PM
Maybe it's because I'm not a Colorado person and I'm young but... I never really cared about Little's induction, personally. It meant zero to me. Add in the fact that I think the whole senior committee thing is garbage and it becomes both insignificant and trivial.

From the sounds of it, Little has been asking the Broncos for things from day 1 (a job in the FO just because he was Floyd Little) until now (the ad) so the Broncos might just be tired of him always holding his hand out.

That plus the "buy my book" just makes this all an eyeroll topic.

extralife
09-08-2012, 02:50 AM
From the sounds of it, Little has been asking the Broncos for things from day 1 (a job in the FO just because he was Floyd Little)

like the one john elway got, you mean?

and I'm sure Little and co. are very concerned that you thought his induction was "trivial" because you, personally, being an important person, did not witness Little play.

Pony Boy
09-08-2012, 07:04 AM
From the thread

NEW BOOK: Floyd Little's Promises to Keep!

I did not hear the Sirius interview but whatever Floyd said is true and then some.

Floyd goes on a tirade about the Broncos in the book about the team being "cheap." It's not what the Broncos pulled during his HOF weekend but a series of things they've done over the years.

When you read the book, you'll see ... and believe me, he toned it down. Floyd is angry about the way the Broncos have treated him and other former players, but more than anything else he's hurt!

Tonite's signing at Bookends in Ridgewood NJ was awesome. Great turnout. Just goes to show you that Floyd's got fans all over, not just Syracuse and Colorado.

I think saying what he said on Sirius today (and obviously in the book) was very cathartic for Floyd. He has been holding his feelings in about the Broncos for a long time. He was tired from doing day-long interviews but truly pumped up by the fans who came out to see him tonite.

When you read the book, you'll see that the Broncos cheapness at his Hall of Fame tent party was NOT an isolated incident. He mentions several instances over the years of nickel & diming.

Truth is, there are more shockers in the book beyond the Broncos and how they treat former players. Floyd talks very candidly about other things especially about someone who is HUGE in the media.

http://amzn.to/SjR30G

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=106138&page=2

Hamrob
09-08-2012, 08:21 AM
I think the Broncos Organization has pissed on Floyd Little for more than 30yrs.

They certainly never have treated him like the HOF'er he is.

To me, that's extremely disapointing. It would be interesting to know what the team did for Elway, Zimmerman, and Sharpe. Considering that, Little, Sharpe, and Elway are our only "True" Broncos HOF'ers (majority of career with Broncos), it's amazing that the Broncos Organization wouldn't fit the bill for their HOF experience.

If this is true, Bowlen should be embarrassed!

Smilin Assassin
09-08-2012, 08:27 AM
like the one john elway got, you mean?

and I'm sure Little and co. are very concerned that you thought his induction was "trivial" because you, personally, being an important person, did not witness Little play.

Meh. Saying Elway "Got" the job almost as if the team threw him a bone is misleading.

While I'm SURE it helped that Elway was the franchise for 18 yrs, he also had experience in running an organization.

That helps on ANY resume, too.

That One Guy
09-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Meh. Saying Elway "Got" the job almost as if the team threw him a bone is misleading.

While I'm SURE it helped that Elway was the franchise for 18 yrs, he also had experience in running an organization.

Not to mention it's been said repeatedly that Elways was brought in for the fanbase after the McD fiasco. Bowlen needed someone to quickly get the fanbase excited again and who more perfect than the face of the franchise who had since been running his own football franchise?

Elway is providing a legit service by giving the fans hope. That's hardly the same as him showing up with hat in hand and asking for a job.

RaiderH8r
09-08-2012, 04:23 PM

Maybe Pat just forgot about him.

Meck77
09-08-2012, 04:32 PM
That's weak. Hell we easily ripped through $1,500 bucks for the unofficial Elway HOF tailgate. It was probably closer to $2,500 between RV rental, food, beer, parking spot, gas etc. Broncos couldn't come up with some chicken wings for Mr. Little? Unbelievable....

Who has an email to Pat or Jim S?

errand
09-08-2012, 09:27 PM
I don't know if it would change my mind. Seeing that other players organizations respected them enough to pay, that's the problem I have, the lack of respect. Which Bronco's owner? They should have helped get him inducted. And maybe's don't answer the question. The Broncos need to come out and clarify.

Floyd's the one tossing out the accusations...he needs to prove his claims. I think Prodigal is probably right...just marketing his book because everyone loves a good feud

RhymesayersDU
09-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Floyd's the one tossing out the accusations...he needs to prove his claims. I think Prodigal is probably right...just marketing his book because everyone loves a good feud

Well hold on here.

IMO there's two possible situations.

1- this is completely true, but Floyd waited to publicly say anything until he needed to promote his book.

2- this is completely false, made up by Floyd to sell his book.

My point here is if it's scenario 1, it still merits discussion. Just because he's selling a book doesn't make it any less ****ty if true. Unless you think he fabricated the entire story. Then we have a different conversation altogether.

SoCalBronco
09-08-2012, 09:38 PM

Considering the team's recent history, I'd say there is a rebuttable presumption of correctness in Floyd's statements, at least as they pertain to financial matters. So it is up to the team to rebut it, not the other way around.

errand
09-08-2012, 09:39 PM
I think the Broncos Organization has pissed on Floyd Little for more than 30yrs.

They certainly never have treated him like the HOF'er he is.

To me, that's extremely disapointing. It would be interesting to know what the team did for Elway, Zimmerman, and Sharpe. Considering that, Little, Sharpe, and Elway are our only "True" Broncos HOF'ers (majority of career with Broncos), it's amazing that the Broncos Organization wouldn't fit the bill for their HOF experience.

If this is true, Bowlen should be embarrassed!

OK, and what if elway or sharpe come out and say the Broncos didn't foot the bill for their HoF ****?

..... and guess we now know it wasn't Josh who dissed Floyd

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/07/broncos-to-honor-floyd-little-during-scrimmage/

errand
09-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Considering the team's recent history, I'd say there is a rebuttable presumption of correctness in Floyd's statements, at least as they pertain to financial matters. So it is up to the team to rebut it, not the other way around.

Their recent history of what? It's nobody's business, especially Floyd's what the Broncos spend their money on....

....and if the team is strapped for cash, I'm sorry, I think they should spend the money of better current players, not former players.

Floyd has accused his former team of disrespecting him by not paying for his HoF ****....if he can't name the people in organization that he asked for funds from then I'll presume he's not telling the truth.

SoCalBronco
09-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Their recent history of what? It's nobody's business, especially Floyd's what the Broncos spend their money on....

....and if the team is strapped for cash, I'm sorry, I think they should spend the money of better current players, not former players.

Floyd has accused his former team of disrespecting him by not paying for his HoF ****....if he can't name the people in organization that he asked for funds from then I'll presume he's not telling the truth.

What do you mean recent history of what. We havent spent money in the last 10 years. We average about 19th or 20th in terms of actual cash spending. That's garbage. So yeah, there is a rebuttable presumption that what Floyd is saying is correct. Looks like the old man's butt buddy, Joe Ellis, is up to his old tricks again. He's a bean counter, so he doesnt give a **** what someone did in the 60s to keep the team alive, its only about the metrics to him.

errand
09-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Well hold on here.

IMO there's two possible situations.

1- this is completely true, but Floyd waited to publicly say anything until he needed to promote his book.

2- this is completely false, made up by Floyd to sell his book.

My point here is if it's scenario 1, it still merits discussion. Just because he's selling a book doesn't make it any less ****ty if true. Unless you think he fabricated the entire story. Then we have a different conversation altogether.

It can only become completely true if we know the Broncos side of the story, and it matches Floyd's side correct?

...if they say he's nuts, and/or that he's lying, then we have a classic "he said, she said" situation.

And what would your reaction be if he did indeed fabricate this tale? I think if his version of events is true, then yeah it paints a bad picture of the team...but what if it's not true? I'd be more disappointed in that.....

He needs to name names....if he doesn't then I don't understand why he's bitching other than to create drama to sell his book.

RhymesayersDU
09-08-2012, 09:57 PM
It can only become completely true if we know the Broncos side of the story, and it matches Floyd's side correct?

...if they say he's nuts, and/or that he's lying, then we have a classic "he said, she said" situation.

And what would your reaction be if he did indeed fabricate this tale? I think if his version of events is true, then yeah it paints a bad picture of the team...but what if it's not true? I'd be more disappointed in that.....

He needs to name names....if he doesn't then I don't understand why he's b****ing other than to create drama to sell his book.

Well if he made the entire thing up it'd be really sad. I think that goes without saying. It'd be very ****ty.

errand
09-08-2012, 10:08 PM
What do you mean recent history of what. We havent spent money in the last 10 years. We average about 19th or 20th in terms of actual cash spending. That's garbage. So yeah, there is a rebuttable presumption that what Floyd is saying is correct. Looks like the old man's butt buddy, Joe Ellis, is up to his old tricks again. He's a bean counter, so he doesnt give a **** what someone did in the 60s to keep the team alive, its only about the metrics to him.

so because the Broncos didn't spend money on free agents, you think that they were just being cheapskates when it came to floyd's induction expenses? Not sure about how the salary cap regulations work, but I doubt the money in the budget not spent on a DT cannot be spent elsewhere...but i could be wrong.

And since the player's go into the NFL hall of fame as NFL players, why shouldn't the NFL pay for the event completely?

the Broncos have honored Floyd many times by retiring his number, putting him in their ring of fame, and I'm sure they have done other things to honor Floyd in other ceremonies and halftime specials, decals on helmets, etc....so please stop with the pity party about how they should do more for a guy that has a law degree, owned a car dealership, was an NFL analyst and college coach...

seems like he's earned plenty of money for himself, and add in all the money he gets from speaking engagements, autograph signings, etc...I think we can presume he's just bitching to bitch....or sell books, to earn even more money.

errand
09-08-2012, 10:13 PM
Well if he made the entire thing up it'd be really sad. I think that goes without saying. It'd be very ****ty.

And yet all we're hearing is "shame on Bowlen and Co."

If he is telling the truth, then he should name names...who did he ask for money from?

24champ
09-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Yeah, I have to say something doesn't add up here.

Requiem
09-08-2012, 10:17 PM
**** Joe Ellis!

The Moops
09-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Have Denver radio stations or DP commented on this?

For the record Floyd never asked Broncos for money.

errand
09-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Wow, I just heard an interview with Floyd Little on Sirius XM and he really let loose and ripped the Denver Broncos..... He also told of asking the Bronco’s for $250 for advertising in magazine and he was told “no, we have done enough for Mr. Little over the years”

OK...and Moops (who evidently knows Floyd personally) says Floyd never asked the Broncos for money....

I'm curious as to who doesn't have their facts straight as we've heard conflicting accounts and accusations.

If he said he "asked for $250" on SiriusXM then he's not being truthful to either us or the Moops....I find it hard to believe he would ask for a measly $250 for an ad (I know if I were him, I wouldn't ask) just as I find it hard to believe the Broncos wouldn't "donate" or give him $250 for an ad (If I were them, I'd have given it to him if he did indeed ask for it)

The Moops
09-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Here's some insight...

regarding the $250... Floyd didn't ask for the money. He had an athletic center named after him in his hometown of new haven ct. Officials who were putting together the program for the dedication ceremony called the Broncos to ask if they would buy a 1 page $250 ad to congratulate Floyd.The Broncos responded with "No, we have already done enough for Floyd." Regarding the hof tent party, Floyd was given a bill at the party for $12k and told that the Broncos had refused to pay for anything but the tent. Floyd had to pay for the food and drinks, chairs, tables and everything else.
The Broncos had put together the party and sent out the invitations. So Floyd was floored that the Broncos had slipped him the bill.

I assure you Jerry Jones didn't make Emmitt Smith pay for anything!