PDA

View Full Version : So why a Wednesday ?

Quoydogs
09-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Just wonder what this was all about. Does anyone know. I thought there would be a Wed, Thurs, sun, Monday kinda kick off the season thing but nope Just Wednesday. I don't get it.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-06-2012, 08:21 AM
It was due to the Democratic National Convention and the President's speech tomorrow night.

errand
09-06-2012, 08:23 AM
It was due to the Democratic National Convention and the President's speech tomorrow night.

What's funny is that the game probably would've had higher ratings than his speech.....

Kaylore
09-06-2012, 08:27 AM
What's funny is that the game probably would've had higher ratings than his speech.....

For good reason. Not that anyone would pick a political speech over football.

I will say this is throwing off my whole routine. We had a short work week to begin with.

Then the game being the SNF crew made it feel like today was Monday, but I knew I worked yesterday so it kind of felt like MNF which made today also feel like Tuesday.

And yet it's Thursday. My clock is jacked.

Mogulseeker
09-06-2012, 08:31 AM
I assume they didn't want to have a game during Obama's speech tonight.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-06-2012, 08:32 AM

Right, because all the networks carry the convention.

Not much to see here. Last week's Broncos preseason game didn't start til nearly midnight on the east coast because of Lord Mittens of Romney's speech.

Chris
09-06-2012, 08:33 AM
I switched to Clinton's speech at the third quarter and was honestly more entertained (I watched the RNC too and was entertained in different ways). Regardless of your views, that guy knows how to give a frickin speech.

Beantown Bronco
09-06-2012, 08:33 AM
Clinton's approval rating is far higher than either Obama or Romney. They should've had it tonight instead of last night so everyone could watch Clinton live.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Clinton's approval rating is far higher than either Obama or Romney. They should've had it tonight instead of last night so everyone could watch Clinton live.

The man can deliver a speech, that's for sure.

Chris
09-06-2012, 08:36 AM

69% I think.

broncocalijohn
09-06-2012, 08:38 AM
Just wonder what this was all about. Does anyone know. I thought there would be a Wed, Thurs, sun, Monday kinda kick off the season thing but nope Just Wednesday. I don't get it.

George Bush's fault.

Rock Chalk
09-06-2012, 08:40 AM
I want to know what the DNC was thinking scheduling their convention on opening week of football.

Can you be any more retarded? 100 million Americans have been waiting 212 days for football, and you schedule a convention that you want the country focused on during that week? WTF is wrong with them?

broncocalijohn
09-06-2012, 08:43 AM
^^^ Whatever tick up the Republicans received for their convention, you really think the Dems would wait another full week to respond? But in reality, yeah, they just aren't football fans. Liberals = Hate Football. I know who I am voting for this November.

Beantown Bronco
09-06-2012, 08:44 AM
I want to know what the DNC was thinking scheduling their convention on opening week of football.

Can you be any more retarded? 100 million Americans have been waiting 212 days for football, and you schedule a convention that you want the country focused on during that week? WTF is wrong with them?

When else are they going to do it, given that they need to do it after the Republican convention? Especially now that there are Sunday, Monday and Thursday night games starting next week?

RhymesayersDU
09-06-2012, 08:44 AM
The man can deliver a speech, that's for sure.

And get blown in the Oval Office!

Clinton is/was the man.

Tombstone RJ
09-06-2012, 08:45 AM
When else are they going to do it, given that they need to do it after the Republican convention? Especially now that there are Sunday, Monday and Thursday night games starting next week?

cancel it? :peace:

Quoydogs
09-06-2012, 08:45 AM

This,

SonOfLe-loLang
09-06-2012, 08:47 AM
This,

Are people really bitching about this?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-06-2012, 08:48 AM
^^^ Whatever tick up the Republicans received for their convention, you really think the Dems would wait another full week to respond? But in reality, yeah, they just aren't football fans. Liberals = Hate Football. I know who I am voting for this November.

Well then. That made zero sense.

ColoradoDarin
09-06-2012, 08:57 AM
And get blown in the Oval Office!

Clinton is/was the man.

We went from blow jobs to no jobs.

bronco militia
09-06-2012, 09:04 AM
democrats are pussies, that's why

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTD5O5W-6WekGHY33tCgjVO4UzQonFor3_sfgn_VHSO0_NYiKMn&t=1

Jetmeck
09-06-2012, 09:11 AM
I switched to Clinton's speech at the third quarter and was honestly more entertained (I watched the RNC too and was entertained in different ways). Regardless of your views, that guy knows how to give a frickin speech.

damn staight and Clinton's speech will make people want more and want to hear what Obama is going to say.

Die hard football fan but we also have to pay attention to the country.

Pick Six
09-06-2012, 09:11 AM
Who cares? Football started a day earlier, and I'm happy...:D

Jetmeck
09-06-2012, 09:12 AM
We went from blow jobs to no jobs.

haha.............funny. Calll your republican obstructionist........the job bills are sitting in the house of representatives.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-06-2012, 09:13 AM
damn staight and Clinton's speech will make people want more and want to hear what Obama is going to say.

Die hard football fan but we also have to pay attention to the country.

Apparently Obama's speech will be pretty policy oriented as well. I'm looking forward to it.

Though of course, nothing will get done because our government can't get on the same page about anything because they are all just a bunch of assholes that are more concerned with "being right" than actually helping the country.

Garcia Bronco
09-06-2012, 09:25 AM

I will say this is throwing off my whole routine. We had a short work week to begin with.

Then the game being the SNF crew made it feel like today was Monday, but I knew I worked yesterday so it kind of felt like MNF which made today also feel like Tuesday.

This

Raider Bill
09-06-2012, 09:27 AM
http://katiekieffer.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/kerry-football.jpg

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Apparently Obama's speech will be pretty policy oriented as well. I'm looking forward to it.

Though of course, nothing will get done because our government can't get on the same page about anything because they are all just a bunch of a-holes that are more concerned with "being right" than actually helping the country.

When you're right, you're right.

Term limits. Now.

Beantown Bronco
09-06-2012, 09:31 AM

Looks like a white Darius Heyward-Bey

razorwire77
09-06-2012, 09:58 AM

As opposed to Neo Conservatives who are hawkish on football, but never actually played the game.

BroncoLifer
09-06-2012, 09:59 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lJGkPf9gZzM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BroncoBen
09-06-2012, 11:31 AM

Its because of the Republican and Democratic conventions that have been taking place the last couple of weeks.

The NFL didn't want to play the game on Friday or Saturday and go up against any college games, Thursday was out because the President is on national media.

I think the NFL should have just played games on Sunday as normal, maybe have the Sunday night game be 'kick off' game for the day. So what if games have been played during the day.

broncosteven
09-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Though of course, nothing will get done because our government can't get on the same page about anything because they are all just a bunch of a-holes that are more concerned with "being right" than actually helping the country.

so in other words what happens here on the OM happens in real life.

BTW I was right about mCd! Sadly. Hope KM proves me wrong and helps win us (or Detroit after they give us a 7th round pick for him) some games.

maher_tyler
09-06-2012, 01:08 PM

Must be football season!

DomCasual
09-06-2012, 01:16 PM

It reminds me of the movie The Jerk.

"I know we've only known each other four weeks and three days, but to me it seems like nine weeks and five days. The first day seemed like a week and the second day seemed like five days. And the third day seemed like a week again and the fourth day seemed like eight days. And the fifth day you went to see your mother and that seemed just like a day, and then you came back and later on the sixth day, in the evening, when we saw each other, that started seeming like two days, so in the evening it seemed like two days spilling over into the next day and that started seeming like four days, so at the end of the sixth day on into the seventh day, it seemed like a total of five days. And the sixth day seemed like a week and a half. I have it written down, but I can show it to you tomorrow if you want to see it. "

Chris
09-06-2012, 01:24 PM
As opposed to Neo Conservatives who are hawkish on football, but never actually played the game.

They're like the John Claytons of war.

bronco militia
09-06-2012, 01:53 PM
It reminds me of the movie The Jerk.

"I know we've only known each other four weeks and three days, but to me it seems like nine weeks and five days. The first day seemed like a week and the second day seemed like five days. And the third day seemed like a week again and the fourth day seemed like eight days. And the fifth day you went to see your mother and that seemed just like a day, and then you came back and later on the sixth day, in the evening, when we saw each other, that started seeming like two days, so in the evening it seemed like two days spilling over into the next day and that started seeming like four days, so at the end of the sixth day on into the seventh day, it seemed like a total of five days. And the sixth day seemed like a week and a half. I have it written down, but I can show it to you tomorrow if you want to see it. "

bwhaha...great movie

Kaylore
09-06-2012, 01:57 PM

Elway is very Republican.

Jetmeck
09-06-2012, 02:03 PM

he's rich so it is no surprise

Binkythefrog
09-06-2012, 02:05 PM

Can't agree more with this. Back in the day there used to be a moderate core of republicans and democrats that could bring both parties together to at least negotiate on policy. Now you've don't see very many of those politicians - you see politicians that refuse to budge from certain ideas even if they are getting 90% of what they want because of ideology.

Kaylore
09-06-2012, 02:06 PM
he's extremely awesome in a variety of ways, so it is no surprise

FYP

DomCasual
09-06-2012, 02:11 PM
What Jetmeck said:

What Jetmeck meant to say:

HE'S RICH SO IT IS NO SURPRISE!!!!!1!1!!

Binkythefrog
09-06-2012, 02:25 PM

Interesting ratings results in Denver:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/ostrow/2012/09/06/football-scores-ratings-win-channel-9-dnc/10746/?source=rsshomeblog

"Overall, however, 2,000 more voting age viewers in this market tuned in the political convention than the football game. The competition showing DNC coverage –locally KRMA, KCNC, KMGH, MSNBC, Fox News and CNN — scored 341,000 people combined."

Good to see some people are interested in what our leaders are saying ... no matter what they say.

nyuk nyuk
09-06-2012, 02:28 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about the DNC. I heard they had some crap on honoring Chappaquiddick Ted, America's favorite absconder.

Gurgle gurgle.

nyuk nyuk
09-06-2012, 02:31 PM

Marxian class conflict theory. Very original.

Those with nothing are the ones who usually have no problem confiscating from those with something. I'd guess you're most likely one of the latter.

nyuk nyuk
09-06-2012, 02:32 PM

Neo-cons aren't really Republican. IMO they're more like Democrats with guns. I see little conservatism in their overall social outlook. They're just hawkish with the military.

Requiem
09-06-2012, 02:38 PM
. . and traditional adherers to paleoconservatism and social conservatism. Very liberal indeed. *shakes head*

gunns
09-06-2012, 02:45 PM

Well the Republicans did the same thing by scheduling theirs during the opening week of college football. The first games on the night Romney gave his speech. Saw the staunch Republican governor from Utah state he would be there for Romney's speech but would have the game (BYU) on watching that. Yeah, they are both retarded and if we knew WTF was wrong with them we would solve it!

Requiem
09-06-2012, 02:55 PM
All that matters: Denver wins handily Sunday.

nyuk nyuk
09-06-2012, 03:03 PM

Aurora owes us an apology for this. He was born in the old Fitzsimons Hospital, which is now in part James Holmes' psych clinic.

Good minds think alike. :-*

razorwire77
09-06-2012, 03:17 PM

Yeah, didn't he do some GW 2004 campaign appearances or something like that. Considering he's probably worth 100 million dollars (conservatively), he's voting in his best economic interests if he votes for Mitt. One of the few people who can actually say that.

Honestly, I could care less it John Elway was an Anarchist or a Cannibal. He'll always be my hero. Well, unless he pulled a Sandusky or something.

Football and politics are completely separate to me. Same thing with friendships and politics.

DarkHorse30
09-06-2012, 03:34 PM

Can you be any more retarded?

Yes....watch tonight for more......

peacepipe
09-06-2012, 03:38 PM
as was pointed out earlier should he have waited til next week with games sunday,monday & thurs.? eitherway he would've been up against a football game.

Chris
09-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Read this if you want to know how Romney made his money - essentially putting in a small percentage and taking out massive loans to buy out companies, giving their boards massive bonuses to avoid bad hostile takeover press as they saddle that company with the loan debt, further crippling them. They then charge management fees on top of that and rape the company for all its worth. Massive layoffs for every day folk ensue. Rape and pillage. Over and over. That's Bain Capital... and they do it with DEBT. Their turnaround record with these companies is average at best, but it doesn't matter because they win either way. Who loses? Real Americans that work their asses off for decades and make things only to get fired by Mitt and his self righteous Randian buddies. The guy was raised wealthy, could have been anything and he chose to be one of the pioneers of THAT. Says a lot about his principles. The presidency is just another power grab for him. He's not a job creator, he's a job killer by nature.

This is a very long article but an important read. The judgment comes first while the facts are weighted to the second half, which I think doesn't do it favours but hard to argue with facts.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/greed-and-debt-the-true-story-of-mitt-romney-and-bain-capital-20120829?print=true

People don't know who they're voting for. He doesn't give a **** about conservative values.

peacepipe
09-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Read this if you want to know how Romney made his money - essentially putting in a small percentage and taking out massive loans to buy out companies, giving their boards massive bonuses to avoid bad hostile takeover press as they saddle that company with the loan debt, further crippling them. They then charge management fees on top of that and rape the company for all its worth. Massive layoffs for every day folk ensue. Rape and pillage. Over and over. That's Bain Capital... and they do it with DEBT. Their article turnaround record with these companies is average at best, but it doesn't matter because they win either way. Who loses? Real Americans that work their asses off for decades and make things.

This is a very long article but an important read. The judgment comes first while the facts are weighted to the second half, which I think doesn't do it favours but hard to argue with facts.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/greed-and-debt-the-true-story-of-mitt-romney-and-bain-capital-20120829?print=true

People don't know who they're voting for. He doesn't give a **** about conservative values.

thanks,better than the "make mountain out of a molehill" thread this has been.

Jay3
09-06-2012, 03:57 PM

Because they might get struck by lightning in the football stadium.

ColoradoDarin
09-06-2012, 04:00 PM
^^^ rolling stone

hahahahhaha good one!

Chris
09-06-2012, 04:17 PM
^^^ rolling stone

hahahahhaha good one!

Way to dismiss facts you'd rather not hear :notworthy

Give me some actual facts that refute this. This is how Romney made his money. This is a reflection of his principles and the polar opposite of the kind of "expert" he's positioning himself to be. He's relying on you to ignore the facts since you're probably some lazy middle class loser (in his mind), and you're doing just that.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-06-2012, 04:27 PM

Five pages long? Good luck getting a Teapublican to read it.

ColoradoDarin
09-06-2012, 05:29 PM

Give me some actual facts that refute this. This is how Romney made his money. This is a reflection of his principles and the polar opposite of the kind of "expert" he's positioning himself to be. He's relying on you to ignore the facts since you're probably some lazy middle class loser (in his mind), and you're doing just that.

it's rolling stone, it's an opinion piece.

ColoradoDarin
09-06-2012, 05:34 PM
You'd be more credible if it was CNBC, Bloomberg or Marketwatch

errand
09-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Looks like a white Darius Heyward-Bey

Well, what did you expect from a corporate wife?

Chris
09-06-2012, 05:53 PM
it's rolling stone, it's an opinion piece.

It's an opinion piece backed up by facts, though I'll concede he ****ed the order by putting opinion as introduction and then going to the facts. I'll give you that rolling stone is not the best resource but it's not disreputable in the way that they could publish bogus information.

Tell me then what Romney did at Bain that differs from these numerous examples.

errand
09-06-2012, 05:53 PM

Really? There aren't any rich Democrats or liberals? Wow....

thechamp
09-06-2012, 05:58 PM
random comment..
People tuned out of the game when Clinton gave his speech. And in total the DNC had 25 mil viewers while the giants got about 19.

ColoradoDarin
09-06-2012, 05:58 PM
It's an opinion piece backed up by facts, though I'll concede he ****ed the order by putting opinion as introduction and then going to the facts. I'll give you that rolling stone is not the best resource but it's not disreputable in the way that they could publish bogus information.

Tell me then what Romney did at Bain that differs from these numerous examples.

You get that I'm dismissing it out of hand and not even bothering to click or read the article?

Off to get my Broncos news from Marie Clair.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-06-2012, 06:19 PM
People may dislike Obama, but i'd LOVE to hear someone really defend Mitt Romney as some sort of credible candidate.

Chris
09-06-2012, 09:13 PM
People may dislike Obama, but i'd LOVE to hear someone really defend Mitt Romney as some sort of credible candidate.

Darin's not going to do it.

peacepipe
09-07-2012, 05:45 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501368_162-57507949/democratic-convention-beats-football-in-ratings/

NFL could've moved the game to an earlier time slot,like 7 pm.