View Full Version : Giants vs Cowboys

bronco militia
09-05-2012, 03:25 PM
who you got?

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/jjfacepalms.jpg

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-05-2012, 03:34 PM
lol

I've got the Giants. I don't think either team is a legit contender this year, though.

Greatspirits
09-05-2012, 03:41 PM
I'll be rootin for the Giants but I think the Cowgirls pull this one out.

Pick Six
09-05-2012, 03:55 PM
The Giants always seem to start slow. I think the Cowboys take this one, tonight...

Requiem
09-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Giants by 43.

http://themoviebanter.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/bosley-old1.jpg

AmericanBroncFan
09-05-2012, 05:02 PM
The only fans more idiotic than queef fans are cowchip fans.

menonite
09-05-2012, 05:08 PM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/jjfacepalms.jpg

In hindsight Jerry wished he had waited until after the game to use his "Do-It-Yourself" Facelift kit.

Christ, that man's face is tight. If I had his money I wouldn't care how wrinkly my face was. Hell I might get plastic surgery just to have more wrinkles - just to let everyone know how rich I must be to have a face like a Shar-Pei and still be banging Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders left and right.

ZONA
09-05-2012, 05:09 PM
The Giants D line is probably the best in the NFL. They're the difference in this game.

Giants 24
Cowboys 16

gunns
09-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Opening day of football! It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!

canadianbroncosfan
09-05-2012, 05:33 PM
I think the Cowboys take down the Giants

errand
09-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Giants by 43.

http://themoviebanter.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/bosley-old1.jpg

..only if they are successful running the "annexation of Puerto Rico" a few times.

Kaylore
09-05-2012, 05:51 PM
The Giants are never feared. Two SB's later and people are still picking them to miss the playoffs! I think a close Giants win. Cowboys will be hungry, but at the end of the day the G-men are the better team.

Cito Pelon
09-05-2012, 05:54 PM
I say Cowboys.

gunns
09-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Cowboys can always find a way to lose a game.

RhymesayersDU
09-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Need Hakeem Nicks and Jason Witten to put up stats.

Stuck in Cali
09-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Giants

DENVERDUI55
09-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Need Hakeem Nicks and Jason Witten to put up stats.

I need Cruz to blow up. Hicks and Bradshaw I hope sit on the sideline.

Los Broncos
09-05-2012, 06:17 PM
That pic of JJ is awesome.

HorseHead
09-05-2012, 06:21 PM
JP Paul is a bad man....

Re: the Cowboys, man Felix Jones has fallen off the map..

Tim
09-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Cowboys

Cito Pelon
09-05-2012, 06:34 PM
I just hope I don't have to see that gay Victor Cruz squirm dance like his ass is Elton John's piano.

McDman
09-05-2012, 06:40 PM
WTF was that bullsht national anthem. Sh1t's not supposed to be a freaking pop song.

TDmvp
09-05-2012, 06:44 PM
WTF was that bullsht national anthem. Sh1t's not supposed to be a freaking pop song.

Yea that was as bad as the No Doubt song.

oubronco
09-05-2012, 06:47 PM
So far two missed calls we'll see how bad the reffing is going to be

WolfpackGuy
09-05-2012, 06:48 PM
"Half the distance from the spot of the foul"

???

gunns
09-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Well there goes the replacement refs. OMG! Blatant holding, PI whatever, basically humping Cruz and NADA. Unbelievable.

errand
09-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Felix Jones has fallen off the map..

...makes our worries about Moreno seem rather silly doesn't it?

errand
09-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Well there goes the replacement refs. OMG! Blatant holding, PI whatever, basically humping Cruz and NADA. Unbelievable.

Makes one wonder if perhaps it's on purpose?

Fight_On!
09-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Bob Costas.....can you say face lift.....damn....

broncosteven
09-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Wow, Ware has 2 sacks in one half already. I still think Romo is going to find a way to lose this game, he already has an INT that lead to the Gint's only points.

ColoradoDarin
09-05-2012, 08:28 PM
This still feels like the preseason.

KCStud
09-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Brandon Carr has been smoked twice tonight. Clearly he was worth $50 million. Ha!

TheReverend
09-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Clairborne proving himself to be every bit as overrated as I said he was

broncosteven
09-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Brandon Carr has been smoked twice tonight. Clearly he was worth $50 million. Ha!

Can't fault a guy for not wanting to jump to a team that has a chance to win a SB even if he is not worth 50 mill.

theAPAOps5
09-05-2012, 08:34 PM

Yet if he was still with KC you would be making an ass of yourself coming up with excuses and explaining how he is good.

broncosteven
09-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Lot of drops for the cowgirls.

Cito Pelon
09-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Did I just see that idiot RB turn inside when he had the sideline all the way to the endzone?

broncosteven
09-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Yet if he was still with KC you would be making an ass of yourself coming up with excuses and explaining how he is good.

I am waiting for KFCDud to come back with the point that KFC's secondary is sooooo great that he wouldn't have made the team and they are better with out him.

broncosteven
09-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Did I just see that idiot RB turn inside when he had the sideline all the way to the endzone?

He ran out of gas and would have been caught

bronco militia
09-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Who is #37 for the giants...he's terrible!!

oubronco
09-05-2012, 08:51 PM
"No flag on the play, my bad"

rugbythug
09-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Refs have done a good job in this game.

bronco militia
09-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Refs have done a good job not calling holding against the cowboys in this game.

Fixed

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-05-2012, 09:08 PM
The champs look like chumps. Murray is running all over them easily.

Garcia Bronco
09-05-2012, 09:12 PM
Game is ovah....Giants need two TDs and a microphone.

broncos-rock
09-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Thank you Eli manning for a whole 6 freakin points for ff!!!

maven
09-05-2012, 09:46 PM
I think the Cowboys will win the game.

boltaneer
09-05-2012, 09:46 PM

Spoke a little too soon?

Carr and Claiborne getting a lot of praise after the game... :clown:

cutthemdown
09-05-2012, 09:57 PM
The Giants got gassed late in the 3rd quarter. Then Dallas started getting running yards here and there in big chunks.

IMO Giants sort of seemed not ready to play 4 quarters conditioning wise.

Garcia Bronco
09-05-2012, 10:10 PM
The Giants got gassed late in the 3rd quarter. Then Dallas started getting running yards here and there in big chunks.

IMO Giants sort of seemed not ready to play 4 quarters conditioning wise.

It came across that way, but if Cruz makes two more catches there may have been more field goals. Dallas was up to the challege. I question their ability to sustain that intensity late in the season, but they're a tough test anytime.

hambone13
09-05-2012, 10:41 PM
I hate both of those teams but it was fun to watch. I thought it was highly entertaining that the NY Football Giants got beat in their own house on such a highly publicized game. Also, I thought the refs did as good a job as any of the "pros" ever have on a game like that. Sure there were mistakes and bad calls but that's every game. Oh and BTW, every time I see Hixon play and make spectacular plays for the Giants, I cringe and curse.

AZorange1
09-06-2012, 12:36 AM
The only fans more idiotic than queef fans are cowchip fans.

Picked Dallas 24-17 and when I check in it says "there was an error" nice. No info on what to do, just error. \Dead on but will wait to see everybody ahead of me in a few weeks. Wahh!!!! Crap site

ZONA
09-06-2012, 01:00 AM
The Giants D line is probably the best in the NFL. They're the difference in this game.

Giants 24
Cowboys 16

Well I just about nailed the score - just blew it on which team, hahahah

TheReverend
09-06-2012, 05:46 AM
Spoke a little too soon?

Carr and Claiborne getting a lot of praise after the game... :clown:

Morris was poor in coverage AND in run support.

Frankly he's lucky as **** Cruz dropped every ball that came his way.

Kaylore
09-06-2012, 07:21 AM
congrats to those who went against he grain. What a fun game to watch too. Really excited football is back! The great thing about the NFL is it's really fun to watch almost any team. A few years ago they had a prime time game of the winless rams against the winless niners, I believe. I don't care about the division or winless teams, but I watched the whole thing because it was football and it was actually a close game.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-06-2012, 07:49 AM
Holy crap, that Giants secondary is awful. Once Coe went out, they were left with a 3rd stringer trying to cover those Cowboys WRs. Blood in the water. I hate the Cowboys too, but agree with Kaylore that it was awesome just to have football back, regardless of the teams involved. GIMME MORE!

DENVERDUI55
09-06-2012, 08:05 AM
Morris was poor in coverage AND in run support.

Frankly he's lucky as **** Cruz dropped every ball that came his way.

His first game was a lot better than Patrick Peterson's.

Requiem
09-06-2012, 08:06 AM
Demarcus Ware is from another Universe. I read an interesting article the other day that said that Parcells actually wanted Spears with their top selection (or Merriman) but Jerry Jones was in love with Demarcus Ware -- so they used their first selection in 2005 on him, and were able to get Spears with their latter first-rounder. Ware is probably the best defensive player in football and Spears hasn't been that bad of a selection either. (As far as I know, he stopped being a starter last season.) Seven years later and those guys are still on that defense. If they can keep the pass rush going, it will help out Claiborne and Carr tremendously. Big D in Dallas could be back. Looks like a strong team.

Kaylore
09-06-2012, 08:12 AM
Demarcus Ware is from another Universe. I read an interesting article the other day that said that Parcells actually wanted Spears with their top selection (or Merriman) but Jerry Jones was in love with Demarcus Ware -- so they used their first selection in 2005 on him, and were able to get Spears with their latter first-rounder. Ware is probably the best defensive player in football and Spears hasn't been that bad of a selection either.

I would probably put Allen ahead of Ware.

DENVERDUI55
09-06-2012, 08:17 AM
I would probably put Allen ahead of Ware.

I don't know hard call really. They both have been absolute studs rushing the passer. I guess it depends on what kind of a D you are running. The best thing about Allen though is he is on pace for HOF and the queefs traded him. What did they get for him?

Kaylore
09-06-2012, 08:26 AM
I don't know hard call really. They both have been absolute studs rushing the passer. I guess it depends on what kind of a D you are running. The best thing about Allen though is he is on pace for HOF and the queefs traded him. What did they get for him?

Three picks they used to take Brandon Albert in the first, Jamal Charles and Brad Cottam in the third round.

Charles is the only one who has shown to be studly. Cottam was a bust. I think they swapped sixth round picks too.

Requiem
09-06-2012, 08:33 AM
Jared is up there too, but I think Ware has been consistently better since 2006, although Allen put up ridiculous numbers last year.

Minnesota ended up with Jared Allen and Johnathan Sullivan.

Kansas City used the first-rounder they got on Brandon Albert, the two third-rounders on Jamaal Charles and Dajuan Morgan (bust). I think they also got Kevin Robinson with a late-round selection.

Albert and Charles (essentially) isn't a bad haul in return for Allen, though Albert regressed his sophomore and junior seasons, but stepped it up in pass protection last year, probably because he ended up going to RT (if memory serves me correctly).

Two starters for a guy who is bound for the HOF.

I'd still say it's a win for the Vikings, but they really haven't done anything with Allen there, even though they had Robison and the Williams wall as well. Vikings have always been underachievers.

TheReverend
09-06-2012, 08:46 AM
His first game was a lot better than Patrick Peterson's.

Not even ****ing close kid

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/j2HWD81hEOE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DENVERDUI55
09-06-2012, 09:00 AM
Not even ****ing close kid

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/j2HWD81hEOE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why don't you show the Steve Smith highlights were he goes for 2 TDs and 150ish. He wasn't drafted to be a punt returner.

TheReverend
09-06-2012, 09:13 AM
Why don't you show the Steve Smith highlights were he goes for 2 TDs and 150ish. He wasn't drafted to be a punt returner.

Sure:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011091109/2011/REG1/panthers@cardinals/watch#menu=highlights&tab=analyze

(^ gameday highlights)

Note the 77 yard TD right off the bat (over Kerry Rhodes) is on the opposite side of the field than Peterson. Yet an ignorant bag of **** like you still blames him for that Ha!

DENVERDUI55
09-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Sure:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011091109/2011/REG1/panthers@cardinals/watch#menu=highlights&tab=analyze

(^ gameday highlights)

Note the 77 yard TD right off the bat (over Kerry Rhodes) is on the opposite side of the field than Peterson. Yet an ignorant bag of **** like you still blames him for that Ha!

Not on the first TD but I happen to live in AZ part of the year and went to that game. Why not show the second TD because that was one on one coverage. Peterson struggled through most of last year in coverage. He had most pass yards given up at one point. You like to say but he was all pro. Yes for his punt return skills not his DB skills. Claiborne played well last night for first game and it was much better than PP in the coverage aspect.

Hard to dispute this I'm sure Rev will though.
http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2011/10/28/2520212/how-doe-patrick-peterson-look-so-far

http://arizonasports.com/40/1474009/Patrick-Peterson-Great-returner-struggling-corner

Look at these quotes from Cardinal fans...

As someone who is an Arizona fan, this guy is gonna be the next Antrel Rolle. Heís WAY to full of himself and he has done nothing more than be a decent returner. Heís getting TORCHED on passing plays and if Arizona wouldnít have lost a cornerback early on, he would be playing nickel and thatís it.

Awesome kick returner. Bad corner. Arizona needs help on defense. This guy gets all the headlines cause he is scoring more than Kolb

TheReverend
09-06-2012, 10:13 AM
Not on the first TD but I happen to live in AZ part of the year and went to that game. Why not show the second TD because that was one on one coverage. Peterson struggled through most of last year in coverage. He had most pass yards given up at one point. You like to say but he was all pro. Yes for his punt return skills not his DB skills. Claiborne played well last night for first game and it was much better than PP in the coverage aspect.

Not even ****ing CLOSE.

I wrote a thorough response to this, but just remembered you're not worth the ****ing time. You're the same moron that thought he only got his starts to injury, when they moved established vets to Safety because he outperformed them.

You're a **** poster with no clue, dude. It is what it is and no reality will change your mind, so good luck with that.

DENVERDUI55
09-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Not even ****ing CLOSE.

I wrote a thorough response to this, but just remembered you're not worth the ****ing time. You're the same moron that thought he only got his starts to injury, when they moved established vets to Safety because he outperformed them.

You're a **** poster with no clue, dude. It is what it is and no reality will change your mind, so good luck with that.

No I proved you wrong before and you just disappeared because he is your boy that you were down on your knees for in the draft.

Kaylore
09-06-2012, 10:21 AM
It's weird when you find out two posters hate each other and you totally missed where it came from.

Beantown Bronco
09-06-2012, 10:23 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FONN-0uoTHI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TheReverend
09-06-2012, 10:23 AM
For the dumb **** ragging on Peterson. Here's the play he's referencing:

("Newton, Smith connect on..." vid)

There's literally zero way to play that better.

He's singled up on one of the best all-pro WRs of our time with no safety help over the top.

He's forced to play inside and underneath with no safety help over the top.

He's still step for step AND gets a hand on a perfectly thrown ball.

Conclusion:

DENVERDUI55 is a massive idiot. Since we have so much supporting evidence coming to the same conclusion, I move that we elevate the hypothesis of "DENVERDUI55 is a massive idiot" to accepted Theory status.

TheReverend
09-06-2012, 10:24 AM
No I proved you wrong before and you just disappeared because he is your boy that you were down on your knees for in the draft.

Please link... you've certainly NEVER proved me wrong.

I'd be amazed if you could tie your shoes... velcro, huh?

TheReverend
09-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Nice edit... well if Profootball Focus says so!

We clearly need to dump Kuper too... after all he sucks right? PFF says so!

DENVERDUI55
09-06-2012, 10:31 AM
For the dumb **** ragging on Peterson. Here's the play he's referencing:

("Newton, Smith connect on..." vid)

There's literally zero way to play that better.

He's singled up on one of the best all-pro WRs of our time with no safety help over the top.

He's forced to play inside and underneath with no safety help over the top.

He's still step for step AND gets a hand on a perfectly thrown ball.

Conclusion:

DENVERDUI55 is a massive idiot. Since we have so much supporting evidence coming to the same conclusion, I move that we elevate the hypothesis of "DENVERDUI55 is a massive idiot" to accepted Theory status.

Yeah he bit on the out and up and let Smith behind him but whatever you love the guy and ignore the fact he struggled for awhile last year yet your ready to throw Claiborne under the bus. Rev will dispute what fans that watch the guy everyweek say about him or better yet just ignore it. Rev quick to name call when he is proven wrong it's the only defense mechanism he has.

TheReverend
09-06-2012, 10:35 AM
Yeah he bit on the out and up and let Smith behind him but whatever you love the guy and ignore the fact he struggled for awhile last year yet your ready to throw Claiborne under the bus. Rev will dispute what fans that watch the guy everyweek say about him or better yet just ignore it. Rev quick to name call when he is proven wrong it's the only defense mechanism he has.

Ha! No... just no.

I linked the damn video, why won't you watch it? It's plain to see...

Here's the difference between you and I:

You - decide to raise an argument and support it with PFF stats which are already mocked on this site. You even just referenced FAN QUOTES as proof... does it get more ridiculous than that?!

Me - I'm putting up vids of actual plays and games and SHOWING support to my argument.

Keep pouting though.

"I have the benefit of going against him every day in practice" - Larry Fitzgerald

TheReverend
09-06-2012, 10:51 AM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2lPmewoUnGE" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

^ vast majority is defensive plays (against the best WRs in the league, btw, since he played opposing #1s almost exclusively) and not PRs.

There's a reason he was voted the 55th best player in the league by players.

There's a reason he's literally already in the Hall of Fame.

bronco militia
09-06-2012, 10:55 AM
<
There's a reason he's literally already in the Hall of Fame.

LOL

TheReverend
09-06-2012, 11:01 AM
LOL

...You know that's true, right?

Peterson's literally already in the Hall of Fame.

bronco militia
09-06-2012, 11:02 AM
...You know that's true, right?

Peterson's literally already in the Hall of Fame.

word!

move over Cecil Lammey!

TheReverend
09-06-2012, 11:02 AM
word!

move over Cecil Lammy!

:spit:

http://arizona.sbnation.com/arizona-cardinals/2011/11/29/2596908/patrick-peterson-hall-of-fame-arizona-cardinals

Kaylore
09-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Mike Anderson is "in the hall of fame" too, by those standards.

TheReverend
09-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Mike Anderson is "in the hall of fame" too, by those standards.

No, he isn't.

You're confusing NFL records with rookie records, I think... so different thing and different "standards" (to use your own words)

bronco militia
09-06-2012, 11:17 AM
LOL

DENVERDUI55
09-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Nice edit... well if Profootball Focus says so!

We clearly need to dump Kuper too... after all he sucks right? PFF says so!

Well here is football outsiders commenting on PP.

CORNERBACK: Patrick Peterson, Cardinals. The Special Teams Rookie of the Year, and also a starter by default, because this has not been a great season for rookie cornerbacks. Donít worry, with this offense and pass rush, the cornerbacks will have life easy.

Ranked 60th CB against the pass 52 overall. I'm sure your creds are better than anyones though.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/player/27156/patrick-peterson

TheReverend
09-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Well here is football outsiders commenting on PP.

CORNERBACK: Patrick Peterson, Cardinals. The Special Teams Rookie of the Year, and also a starter by default, because this has not been a great season for rookie cornerbacks. Donít worry, with this offense and pass rush, the cornerbacks will have life easy.

Ranked 60th CB against the pass 52 overall. I'm sure your creds are better than anyones though.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/player/27156/patrick-peterson

I'd go dig up the thread from a few years ago where FO crowned Karl Paymah the best CB in the NFL, but this is even more fun to do

Here's Champ Bailey's page:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/player/15359/champ-bailey

Ranked worse than Peterson overall and #51 against the pass.

...so you were saying?

TheReverend
09-06-2012, 01:52 PM
For the IQ bereft:

I am in no way claiming that Peterson is better than Champ.

DENVERDUI55's own SOURCE is the one claiming that.

2KBack
09-06-2012, 02:03 PM
I never thought I would hear the name Karl Playmah again. What's next Jeremy Leshure?

TheReverend
09-06-2012, 02:08 PM
I never thought I would hear the name Karl Playmah again. What's next Jeremy Leshure?

Depends on how awesome his next "source" is.

I might even reference Jeff Shoate while I'm at it, man.

DENVERDUI55
09-06-2012, 02:12 PM
For the IQ bereft:

I am in no way claiming that Peterson is better than Champ.

DENVERDUI55's own SOURCE is the one claiming that.

Well it's no surprise that Champ didn't have a great year Denver straight up lit up several times last year in the pass game. Peterson isn't even close to champ and sure all of Denver's stats were screwed up last year with the offense we ran and the several times we were blown off the field.

Tell you what jersey shore boy I have posted several articles, quotes, etc showing the PP struggled as a rookie in pass protection. Why don't you show me where he didn't?

TheReverend
09-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Well it's no surprise that Champ didn't have a great year Denver straight up lit up several times last year in the pass game. Peterson isn't even close to champ and sure all of Denver's stats were screwed up last year with the offense we ran and the several times we were blown off the field.

Tell you what jersey shore boy I have posted several articles, quotes, etc showing the PP struggled as a rookie in pass protection. Why don't you show me where he didn't?

I already did.

My sources:

Actual plays and other footage
Quotes from the actual players

Your sources:

Websites that have him ranked higher than Champ Bailey
Fan quotes

Conclusions:

You're a goddamn moron. Literally all you've done in this thread has been make up stuff that's been easily dismantled.

2KBack
09-06-2012, 02:23 PM
He's no Kelly Herndon

TheReverend
09-06-2012, 02:26 PM
He's no Kelly Herndon

True, but he's studying film of Lenny Walls, so he should make some nice strides.

Requiem
09-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Brandon Browner name drop!!!!

TheReverend
09-07-2012, 10:10 PM
Bump

Or are you satisfied with what you presented here:

Peterson is a better CB than Champ (according to YOUR sources) AND set the NFL record for punt returns in his rookie year

...but he sucks?

1+1=10,000 I guess

SouthStndJunkie
09-07-2012, 10:31 PM
Depends on how awesome his next "source" is.

I might even reference Jeff Shoate while I'm at it, man.

I think I just shoate my pants.

DENVERDUI55
09-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Bump

Or are you satisfied with what you presented here:

Peterson is a better CB than Champ (according to YOUR sources) AND set the NFL record for punt returns in his rookie year

...but he sucks?

1+1=10,000 I guess

I was going to write a post but then figured why waste my time arguing with you. PP struggled early on and there is no disputing that. I proved my point and you are the only guy you can find that says otherwise but who would expect anything different from an attention whore who thinks he is the coolest guy around. There are a lot of people here who agree you aren't worth walking accross the street to urinate on if you were on fire despite your I'm a top notch poster. Isn't it about time for you to start a look at me thread or who is the best/worst poster hoping to stroke your ego?