PDA

View Full Version : HD antenna channel for Sundays game

myMind
09-05-2012, 12:21 PM
So I always watch the first game of the season over at my buddy's place with a bunch of friends. Every year we all forget what channel my20 is on the HD antenna. Does anyone here in the Denver area use an HD antenna? What channel is the game going to be on? I know the network is NBC, but its not on their main channel 9. Its on my20 or somesuch, and for the life of me I cant remember what channel number it was. Im just being proactive, as last year we missed the first five minutes of last years opener trying to figure it out. When everybody has been drinking since noon, it really is harder than it sounds. Oh, and Im pretty sure it wasn't twenty, it could be, I want to say 16, but...just not sure.

milehighJC
09-05-2012, 12:29 PM
So I always watch the first game of the season over at my buddy's place with a bunch of friends. Every year we all forget what channel my20 is on the HD antenna. Does anyone here in the Denver area use an HD antenna? What channel is the game going to be on? I know the network is NBC, but its not on their main channel 9. Its on my20 or somesuch, and for the life of me I cant remember what channel number it was. Im just being proactive, as last year we missed the first five minutes of last years opener trying to figure it out. When everybody has been drinking since noon, it really is harder than it sounds. Oh, and Im pretty sure it wasn't twenty, it could be, I want to say 16, but...just not sure.

Its 19

This link has them all... http://buyinghdtv.com/html/denver_local_channels_in_hd.html

myMind
09-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Why thank you sir.
Sucks they dont air it on 9 so we could get 1080i instead of 480p.

Irish Stout
09-05-2012, 12:34 PM
MilehighJC may be right, but my HD antenna link always has a .1 after the number. I see it being on both 5.1 and 9.1. It will be on the regular NBC channel as its the only thing NBC is carrying Sunday night.

myMind
09-05-2012, 12:38 PM
MilehighJC may be right, but my HD antenna link always has a .1 after the number. I see it being on both 5.1 and 9.1. It will be on the regular NBC channel as its the only thing NBC is carrying Sunday night.

Yeah, last year we opened on Monday night, and the game wasn't on 9.1.
You would think it would have been, but it wasnt. Hopefully it will be this year, that would be 1080i awesome. Ill be sure to check all of these channels.

BigPlayShay
09-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Since Sunday Night Football is on NBC it will be carried by the local affiliate - 9.1. When a game is shown on cable channel like ESPN or NFL Network, it airs locally on an OTA channel. For ESPN I think they show it locally on the ABC affiliate - 7.1. When it is an NFL Netowrk game, they have aired on Fox 31 (31.1) or my20 (20.1).

A couple of the pre-season games were shown on my20 - 20.1 because the Olympics were on 9.1.

Jekyll15Hyde
09-05-2012, 12:57 PM
I'm confused. You are saying the SNF nationally televised game is not on channel 9 an instead they are putting it on their sister station?

myMind
09-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Since Sunday Night Football is on NBC it will be carried by the local affiliate - 9.1. When a game is shown on cable channel like ESPN or NFL Network, it airs locally on an OTA channel. For ESPN I think they show it locally on the ABC affiliate - 7.1. When it is an NFL Netowrk game, they have aired on Fox 31 (31.1) or my20 (20.1).

A couple of the pre-season games were shown on my20 - 20.1 because the Olympics were on 9.1. This makes a lot of sense now, as the opener last year was MNF on espn and therefor wasn't on 9.1.

So this year its nationally broadcast ON NBC so itll be on 9.1. Sweet.
Full HD this time.

milehighJC
09-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Actually, this is the link I really wanted, but could not remember at first. Its a great resource for identifying what HD channels you can get, what channel they map to, and what direction they are from your address. I used it when I set up my HD OTA antenna BEFORE the lookout mountain antenna went up. Then, most of the transmission was made from Republic tower, and was VERY weak up here in Longmont.

Anyway, the discussion made me go look at the channel guide for tonight, and of course all of you are right, it actually is on the national feed for channel 9. I thought originally that it might have been pre-empted for the convention, but I guess football gets better ratings than politics. Who knew? Ha! Ha!

http://www.antennaweb.org/