PDA

View Full Version : Elway Challenged on Fan Conference

TheReverend
09-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Best parts:

But that was nothing compared to the grill the executive vice president of football operations was placed on by Dan, who wanted to know why Jeremiah Johnson was cut instead of "Know-show," the sarcastic name occasionally used by critics of running back Knowshon Moreno.

Also revealed on the fan forum call:

* Among safeties, Quinton Carter "is probably the thumper of the group," Elway said.

* Elway gave some props to Rahim Moore, saying the second-year safety "has made tremendous strides this offseason in living up to the potential he has as that second-round pick he was last year.

* Russell, on second-year tight end Julius Thomas, a college basketball player who has been limited to one catch because of a bum ankle: "He's a big target down the field. Those guys are a luxury to have in the red zone."

* Elway acknowledged that "that there's a little different feel at Sports Authority Field then there was at old Mile High. But I think that comes down to us as a football team and an organiztion to make an emphasis that we have to win those games at home. Because with the great fan base that we had as (the caller Bronco Lady) said back in the '80s and '90s, we thought we could beat anybody at home. And I think we have to get that mentality back. Especially with the schedule we have this year having three out of four at home, we have to get off to a quick start."

Rest (worth a few minutes): http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21466761/john-elway-challenged-by-broncos-fans?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

CEH
09-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Best parts:

Rest (worth a few minutes): http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21466761/john-elway-challenged-by-broncos-fans?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I listened in. Elway said they went with Moreno over JJ because of 3rd down and blitz pickup. Moreno knows how but more importanly who to block which is just as important according to Elway. JJ was not there just yet

Soudns like they want to give KM another chance and see if his new atitude will prevail

SonOfLe-loLang
09-04-2012, 03:44 PM
i dont understand the hard on for jeremiah johnson

HILife
09-04-2012, 03:50 PM

I don't understand not having a hard on for bacon!

http://www.burrintheburgh.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/bacon-cinnamon-role.jpg

Binkythefrog
09-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Something else I found interesting from the call is that Elway mentioned that learning how to fall as a QB is important when taking a hit. Fighting the defender won't do a QB any good... and I noticed that when Manning got popped on his long throw to Ball in week 3 of the preseason. Manning seemed to just let his feet leave the ground. I've never played football however so I could be just making stuff up.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Has JJ gotten picked up by anyone?

Hercules Rockefeller
09-04-2012, 04:03 PM
It's so depressing that Johnson was picked up off of waivers and he's someone else's property now. Oh wait, he cleared. GM Dan clearly has an eye for talent.

Bacchus
09-04-2012, 04:06 PM

The guy is super fast, not only that he is super quick. He has potential but he has not really had that breakout preseason game. I guess potential will get him one more year on the practice squad.

Boogerboots
09-04-2012, 04:10 PM

It's obvious somebody in the FO was big on Johnson for him to get this far.

Ziggy
09-04-2012, 04:17 PM

For a lot of the people on here it's this simple:

He's not Knowshon.

ludo21
09-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Knowhson will excel this year with his limited touches. Exciting to see all 4 backs in this offense actually.

TheChamp24
09-04-2012, 04:37 PM
I don't understand not having a hard on for bacon!

http://www.burrintheburgh.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/bacon-cinnamon-role.jpg

http://cupofzup.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/mother-of-god.gif

A bacon...cinnamon roll.

http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/129083693652956797.jpg

Gort
09-04-2012, 04:42 PM
http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/129083693652956797.jpg

http://www.ozzinvest.com.au/motorboat.jpg

Mogulseeker
09-04-2012, 05:27 PM
I'm excited to watch Quinton Carter further develop this year. I think we got a steal of a future full-time starter in him in the 4th round.

Mogulseeker
09-04-2012, 05:30 PM
http://www.ozzinvest.com.au/motorboat.jpg

Built for speed or comfort?

Mogulseeker
09-04-2012, 05:30 PM
You guys didn't just go there....

Christina Hendrick's boobs are one of my favorite pastimes.

Lestat
09-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Has JJ gotten picked up by anyone?

our practice squad, if that counts.

maher_tyler
09-04-2012, 05:33 PM
I listened in. Elway said they went with Moreno over JJ because of 3rd down and blitz pickup. Moreno knows how but more importanly who to block which is just as important according to Elway. JJ was not there just yet

Soudns like they want to give KM another chance and see if his new atitude will prevail

Staying healthy would go along way. When he's healthy he has produced...

Eldorado
09-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Built for speed or comfort?

I might be wrong, but I believe that is a motorboat. Ahem.

Lestat
09-04-2012, 05:34 PM
A bacon...cinnamon roll.

http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/129083693652956797.jpg[/QUOTE]

i normally don't care for pale chicks but she just has this intoxicating aura about her.
plus that rack is a thing of beauty.

Mogulseeker
09-04-2012, 05:40 PM
BTW, she's married to this dude:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/73/Geoffrey_Arend_(Cropped).jpg/220px-Geoffrey_Arend_(Cropped).jpg

Lestat
09-04-2012, 05:50 PM
BTW, she's married to this dude:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/73/Geoffrey_Arend_(Cropped).jpg/220px-Geoffrey_Arend_(Cropped).jpg

that's what is so great about chicks, they can see the good inside.

menonite
09-04-2012, 06:08 PM
that's what is so great about chicks, they can see the green inside your wallet.

/fixed

Kaylore
09-04-2012, 07:24 PM

I completely agree. He's outplayed Johnson in the preseason. I don't really recall in two preseason's what Jeremia Johnson has done of note, outside of grabbing Cecil Lammey's attention in a practice.

broncosteven
09-04-2012, 07:54 PM
I completely agree. He's outplayed Johnson in the preseason. I don't really recall in two preseason's what Jeremia Johnson has done of note, outside of grabbing Cecil Lammey's attention in a practice.

Maybe John is just saying nice things about KM to get Detroit to give us a 6th instead of a 7th for him this week.

One can dream right?

bronco militia
09-04-2012, 08:26 PM
outside of grabbing Cecil Lammey's attention in a practice.

LOL......next stop Canton!

errand
09-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Gee, perhaps Moreno's ability to catch the ball and pick-up blitz might come in handy since our QB is 36 years old, loves to throw and Fox might want to keep him upright for the entire game...and has proven to be a productive player when healthy...other than that, can't imagine why he's still on the roster

Simply amazing.....

DBroncos4life
09-04-2012, 09:40 PM
J.J has 77 career rushing yards and people want to keep him over Moreno. LOL That's the upgrade we need!

2KBack
09-05-2012, 06:12 AM
Maybe John is just saying nice things about KM to get Detroit to give us a 6th instead of a 7th for him this week.

One can dream right?

Perhaps you should post this in yet another thread, it's not old yet

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-05-2012, 06:35 AM
our practice squad, if that counts.

No ****!? you mean he wasn't scooped up by some other team and made into an immediate starter because of his incredible ability?

I IZ SHOCKD.

Drek
09-05-2012, 06:37 AM

One can dream right?

Or a better dream: That Knowshon finally healthy, in a system that is a better fit for him, and in a 10-15 touches a game role can become the playmaker he was in college and that we had hoped we were getting at #12 overall.

Bacchus
09-05-2012, 06:49 AM
Or a better dream: That Knowshon finally healthy, in a system that is a better fit for him, and in a 10-15 touches a game role can become the playmaker he was in college and that we had hoped we were getting at #12 overall.

Yeah, we'll see what Knowshon can do. In this offense he'll get lots of opportunities to catch, block and run.

Garcia Bronco
09-05-2012, 07:17 AM
I'd take Moreno over Johnson....9 times out of ten

LRtagger
09-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Dan is a douche.

pricejj
09-05-2012, 08:57 AM
The guy is super fast, not only that he is super quick. He has potential but he has not really had that breakout preseason game. I guess potential will get him one more year on the practice squad.

Not really, he only runs a 4.57 forty (which is about the same as Knowshon).

Shananahan
09-05-2012, 09:15 AM
What the hell is this? Optimism?!?

BroncoBeavis
09-05-2012, 09:53 AM
J.J has 77 career rushing yards and people want to keep him over Moreno. LOL That's the upgrade we need!

Come on now. Trent Richardson has Zero. Would you rather keep Knowshon?

77 yards in 14 carries ain't bad.

Beantown Bronco
09-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Come on now. Trent Richardson has Zero. Would you rather keep Knowshon?

Big difference between a guy who's been in the league for a year vs one who was just drafted.

LRtagger
09-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Big difference between a guy who's been in the league for a year vs one who was just drafted.

A year? He entered the draft the same year as Moreno and has been with 4 different teams.

And we have guys comparing his career stats to a guy who is entering his rookie year who hasnt played a snap yet ROFL!

BroncoBeavis
09-05-2012, 10:24 AM

I'm not saying they're the same. Just saying that pointing at a guy's career yards when he's never had more than a handful of carries doesn't establish anything.

Some people want to give the unknown commodity a shot. See what he's got. Especially when the other option hasn't really made much of his chances.

2KBack
09-05-2012, 10:27 AM
I'm not saying they're the same. Just saying that pointing at a guy's career yards when he's never had more than a handful of carries doesn't establish anything.

Some people want to give the unknown commodity a shot. See what he's got. Especially when the other option hasn't really made much of his chances.

he's only unknown to us...not to coaches

LRtagger
09-05-2012, 10:31 AM

There is a reason he has been in the league since 09, went undrafted, been with 4 different teams, made it through waivers, and only gotten 14 carries in his career

BroncoBeavis
09-05-2012, 10:55 AM
he's only unknown to us...not to coaches

I'm pretty ambivalent about it either way. I'm not saying they made the wrong decision. I just think it's reasonable some fans might rather see us testing other options at this point.

But I guess he's cheap this year, and with Peyton in town it's probably safer to go with the known-shon.

This year is his last shot chance though. He needs to look like a low-round pick.

2KBack
09-05-2012, 11:10 AM
I'm pretty ambivalent about it either way. I'm not saying they made the wrong decision. I just think it's reasonable some fans might rather see us testing other options at this point.

But I guess he's cheap this year, and with Peyton in town it's probably safer to go with the known-shon.

This year is his last shot chance though. He needs to look like a low-round pick.

It's only reasonable if you don't think about it at all. The unknown commodity only works for so long. Sure, sometimes all a guy needs is a chance to show what he can do, like Steve Johnson this year. After a few years not making a real impact on several teams, being reasonable turns to seeing that he simply is always behind better players.

BroncoBeavis
09-05-2012, 12:03 PM
It's only reasonable if you don't think about it at all. The unknown commodity only works for so long. Sure, sometimes all a guy needs is a chance to show what he can do, like Steve Johnson this year. After a few years not making a real impact on several teams, being reasonable turns to seeing that he simply is always behind better players.

At this point I think the most anyone's hoping for is someone who can stay healthy for most of the season.

Cito Pelon
09-05-2012, 12:11 PM

One can dream right?

So you have a hardon for JJ and will also orgasm if KM gets traded?

orange 4 life
09-05-2012, 12:19 PM

Knowshon looked FANTASTIC in camp (at least the days I was there) and in preseason the added weight was clearly a strength as he was stiff arming like a man possessed. He ran hard and now clearly understands the one cut and go. He seems recovered from the injury and is a triple threat. He can catch the ball better than any of our other backs, he can run over or around tacklers, and he can block extremely well.

Look I've been as hard on the guy as anyone and I did NOT want to draft him with that #12 pick.
That said he's finally showing the promise we hoped we'd see years ago and I wouldn't be surprised to see a slow transition from McGahee/Ball to Moreno/Hillman.
Wouldn't be too surprised if that transition starts to happen this year. But that's just my .02. :)

Beantown Bronco
09-05-2012, 12:44 PM
At this point I think the most anyone's hoping for is someone who can stay healthy for most of the season.

Moreno only missed 3 games due to injury his first two years combined.

BroncoBeavis
09-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Moreno only missed 3 games due to injury his first two years combined.

You could look at it that way. Or you could look at it like he's missed roughly half his games over the last two years. And he's never really been subjected to workhorse numbers of attempts like many less-injured backs in the league.

Breaking down early in your career on relatively few carries isn't exactly a good thing. Hopefully it was just bad luck, but there's no doubting that durability is a serious question.

Lestat
09-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Knowshon looked FANTASTIC in camp (at least the days I was there) and in preseason the added weight was clearly a strength as he was stiff arming like a man possessed. He ran hard and now clearly understands the one cut and go. He seems recovered from the injury and is a triple threat. He can catch the ball better than any of our other backs, he can run over or around tacklers, and he can block extremely well.

Look I've been as hard on the guy as anyone and I did NOT want to draft him with that #12 pick.
That said he's finally showing the promise we hoped we'd see years ago and I wouldn't be surprised to see a slow transition from McGahee/Ball to Moreno/Hillman.
Wouldn't be too surprised if that transition starts to happen this year. But that's just my .02. :)

that would be wonderful. not gonna hold my breath for it, but Knowshon finally peaking would be huge for the offense.

errand
09-05-2012, 01:30 PM

That's generally a per game average for Moreno.....

Requiem
09-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Everyone hating on Knowshon is going to regret it when he puts up 1,500 APY and 10 TD's this year.

Beantown Bronco
09-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Hopefully it was just bad luck, but there's no doubting that durability is a serious question.

He made it through 4 full years of college and his first year in the NFL without suffering a significant enough injury to keep him out of any games. Last year was a fluke.

x123z
09-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Only 8000 season ticket holders. What

broncocalijohn
09-05-2012, 04:53 PM

One can dream right?

You realize you sound like a broken record repeating this every single opportunity. You, fan in Chicago, aren't going to make a possible trade to Detroit happen becaus eyou posted it 10 times. Go read your Kranz book with listening to Deathcicle. Those are the only things that have come out of your pie hole more often than this post. /end rant on NASA nerd.

Thank you!

broncocalijohn
09-05-2012, 04:56 PM
I'd take Moreno over Johnson....9 times out of ten

good but the question has been asked, will he get hurt on his 9th or 10th carry? I liked what I saw in Knowshon in preseason but it is reality that us fans are getting fed up with his lack of production as a healthy back. I guess it works out that Johnson is on the practice squad so he can be pulled in if and when Moreno gets hurt.

errand
09-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Johnson couldn't carry Knowshon's jock....

Moreno is just as fast, just as agile and athletic, is bigger, stronger, runs good routes, catches the ball very well, and picks up the blitz very well too....his only issue is staying healthy....he's earned his roster spot by playing better than Johnson....plain and simple.

broncocalijohn
09-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Johnson couldn't carry Knowshon's jock....

Moreno is just as fast, just as agile and athletic, is bigger, stronger, runs good routes, catches the ball very well, and picks up the blitz very well too....his only issue is staying healthy....he's earned his roster spot by playing better than Johnson....plain and simple.

Gee, that sure isn't a big deal is it?

Car salesman: "We got this super fast 2009 Chevy Corvette. No dents, handles well, shiny paint job. It is ready for the road except one thing."

Buyer: "Well, what is that?"

Car salesman: " No biggie. It stalls sometimes and needs to be towed back in to the dealership. A week later and $4000 later, it will be good to go for another month or so."

BTW, Moreno isn't even our starter anymore. NOt saying he can't be valuable but he has been a disappointment. I am glad we have Johnson on the PS. He might be needed sooner than later.

BroncoBeavis
09-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Gee, that sure isn't a big deal is it?

Car salesman: "We got this super fast 2009 Chevy Corvette. No dents, handles well, shiny paint job. It is ready for the road except one thing."

Buyer: "Well, what is that?"

Car salesman: " No biggie. It stalls sometimes and needs to be towed back in to the dealership. A week later and $4000 later, it will be good to go for another month or so."

BTW, Moreno isn't even our starter anymore. NOt saying he can't be valuable but he has been a disappointment. I am glad we have Johnson on the PS. He might be needed sooner than later.

Yeah, good point here. Our 1st round RB from 3 years ago was passed up on the depth chart by a 30+ YO journeyman back. But anyone who thinks of him as even a slight disappointment apparently needs their head checked ???

errand
09-05-2012, 05:54 PM
But anyone who thinks of him as even a slight disappointment apparently needs their head checked ???

Laughable coming from you, or have you forgotten how psycho you went on people who were critical of some 1st round QB that couldn't throw a ball accurately.

being disappointed with Moreno because he hasn't lived up to all the hype of being 12th overall pick is one thing...and understandable to a certain degree

...but to wonder why he's on the roster and some chump who has been by-passed by every other team in the league going on 4 ****ing years isn't is pretty ****ing stupid.

broncosteven
09-05-2012, 07:42 PM
good but the question has been asked, will he get hurt on his 9th or 10th carry? I liked what I saw in Knowshon in preseason but it is reality that us fans are getting fed up with his lack of production as a healthy back. I guess it works out that Johnson is on the practice squad so he can be pulled in if and when Moreno gets hurt.

Maybe Detroit will give us a 7th round pick and take him off our hands and on to one of their Exercycles!

LOL

BroncoBeavis
09-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Laughable coming from you, or have you forgotten how psycho you went on people who were critical of some 1st round QB that couldn't throw a ball accurately.

being disappointed with Moreno because he hasn't lived up to all the hype of being 12th overall pick is one thing...and understandable to a certain degree

...but to wonder why he's on the roster and some chump who has been by-passed by every other team in the league going on 4 ****ing years isn't is pretty ****ing stupid.

Saith the tool who wanted said 1st rounder to ride the bench so his personal erotic fantasy of Kyle Orton breaking out into a probowler in his 8th season could live itself out.

Some people want to see what the future brings. Others get excited about beating dead horses.

errand
09-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Saith the tool who wanted said 1st rounder to ride the bench so his personal erotic fantasy of Kyle Orton breaking out into a probowler in his 8th season could live itself out.

Some people want to see what the future brings. Others get excited about beating dead horses.

Says the clown that looked into the future and wanted inaccurate QB over HoF QB Peyton Manning ....LOL

BroncoBeavis
09-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Says the clown that looked into the future and wanted inaccurate QB over HoF QB Peyton Manning ....LOL

Peyton was still a Colt when you were praying for that KO contract extension last summer. I guess the only thing we can really say is you have a fondness for mediocre pants-pissing play.

ozomulsion
09-06-2012, 03:29 AM
You could look at it that way. Or you could look at it like he's missed roughly half his games over the last two years. And he's never really been subjected to workhorse numbers of attempts like many less-injured backs in the league.

Breaking down early in your career on relatively few carries isn't exactly a good thing. Hopefully it was just bad luck, but there's no doubting that durability is a serious question.

Even though he made it through 29 of his first 32 games, and 4 years of college healthy. You take the opportunity, due to an early season ACL tear, to screw with the numbers and make it sound like he gets injured every other game, or whatever. Most of your posts are so full of holes it's impossible to respect anything you write.

You Sir are an example of the reason most long time members don't come around here much, or at all these days. You turds even ran off the Raider fans. Jeez, how bad is that? Raider fan > You. I wish you, DENVERDUI55, and the other toxic waste would've just stayed at denverbroncos.com. I won't read your response, so fire away.

BroncoBeavis
09-06-2012, 05:58 AM
From the guy who hovered on standby while arguments like "Knowshon's better cuz he has more yards than a guy who didn't play" got tossed about.

Like I said, I'm not sold on JJ. But I've seen enough KM backfield riverdance to know it'd be nice to see what some other young legs can do.

I hope he can turn a corner this year. But there's no nuthugging your way around calling KM anything other than a large disappointment up until now.

Oh and your Raiders fan bull**** is comical. Jhnsesque really. You should take a long look in a mirror.

Garcia Bronco
09-06-2012, 06:01 AM

All true. I have that question as well.

CEH
09-06-2012, 08:07 AM
All true. I have that question as well.

Elway even mentioned in this conference call that he had a football body to withstand the rigors of 16 years.

I just wonder if Knowshown has a NFL body .

errand
09-06-2012, 08:29 AM
Beavis looking to the future....to summarize....

Tebow over Manning....and now Jeremiah Johnson over Knowshon Moreno.

I'm guessing he's gonna want Syd 'Quan over Champ next.....LOL

errand
09-06-2012, 08:33 AM
Peyton was still a Colt when you were praying for that KO contract extension last summer. I guess the only thing we can really say is you have a fondness for mediocre pants-pissing play.

LOL...

Yeah, whatever dude...

Keep acting that my thinking Orton was better option coming out of camp in '11 than Tebow was is as bad as you thinking Tebow was the better option over Manning in '12

Beantown Bronco
09-06-2012, 08:41 AM
Yeah, good point here. Our 1st round RB from 3 years ago was passed up on the depth chart by a 30+ YO journeyman back. But anyone who thinks of him as even a slight disappointment apparently needs their head checked ???

Journeyman? Cmon now. McGahee is more than that.

He had three 1200+ yd rushing seasons before he came here and was averaging over 8 TDs per season. Those aren't exactly scrub numbers.

Cito Pelon
09-06-2012, 09:36 AM

He had three 1200+ yd rushing seasons before he came here and was averaging over 8 TDs per season. Those aren't exactly scrub numbers.

McGahee was a good FA signing. Not an elusive kind of guy but he's hard to bring down, he bulldozes for the extra yards. He has another year in him but they're gonna have to draft a similar back next year. Moreno isn't the between the tackles guy, neither is Hillman. They can get some production from those two between the tackles, but it's probably better to find a back like McGahee in the draft next year.

BroncoBeavis
09-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Beavis looking to the future....to summarize....

Tebow over Manning....and now Jeremiah Johnson over Knowshon Moreno.

I'm guessing he's gonna want Syd 'Quan over Champ next.....LOL

What's funny is you just plugged Knowshon in the same slot of your analogy as Peyton Manning and Champ Bailey.

Saucy's never done anything worthy of that kind of esteem.

And I never said I'd ditch KM for JJ. I just don't think it takes an idiot to entertain the idea. There's something to be said for trying new things when the old hasn't worked.

BroncoBeavis
09-06-2012, 01:49 PM

Didn't say he was ever a scrub, but 1200+ yard seasons were a ways in the past when he came to Denver. He's not what he once was. And the proof is in the fact that the Ravens let him go because their young 2nd rounder Ray Rice was proving to be the real deal, long term.

We brought Willis in and quickly elevated him above our 1st round "franchise" back. That's no dis on Willis. But somewhere in here, I'm supposed to understand that this 'franchise' back has lived up to expectations. He clearly hasn't.

errand
09-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Didn't say he was ever a scrub, but 1200+ yard seasons were a ways in the past when he came to Denver. He's not what he once was. And the proof is in the fact that the Ravens let him go because their young 2nd rounder Ray Rice was proving to be the real deal, long term.

We brought Willis in and quickly elevated him above our 1st round "franchise" back. That's no dis on Willis. But somewhere in here, I'm supposed to understand that this 'franchise' back has lived up to expectations. He clearly hasn't.

You called him a journeyman...which to most sane people means he's an average player that plays for several teams over the course of his career. sure the Ravens let him go, because the younger guy outplayed him...it doesn't mean he's not any good, it just means Ray Rice is better....or does that concept still elude you? BTW, he just ran for 1,200 yards this past season.

Same concept with McGahee supplanting Moreno...and while Moreno might not have lived up to his draft status of 12th overall he isn't the scrub you're trying to make him out to be...and he's definitely better than Jeremiah Johnson.

He's a quality football player who needs to shake his fragile reputation...which is ironic as he went thru a few years of college ball and his first two seasons here relatively healthy. Fred Taylor went thru the same ****....and he turned out OK didn't he?

Moreno's skill set is what the coaching staff is looking for in this offense. He can pick up the blitz properly, is quite good at running routes and catching the ball, and is good enough to spell McGahee a few series per game....he will be a productive player for us in my opinion.

errand
09-06-2012, 06:39 PM
What's funny is you just plugged Knowshon in the same slot of your analogy as Peyton Manning and Champ Bailey.

Saucy's never done anything worthy of that kind of esteem.

And I never said I'd ditch KM for JJ. I just don't think it takes an idiot to entertain the idea. There's something to be said for trying new things when the old hasn't worked.

You're the clown saying we needed to look towards the future...and you're the clown that thinks Johnson should be on the roster and Moreno should not. And your claim that the old hasn't worked is not accurate....

Moreno has 1905 yards rushing (4.1 ypa) and 12 rushing TD's with 76 receptions for 786 yards (9.0 ypc) and 6 TD's in 36 games....that's an average of 53 yards rushing & 22 yards receiving and a TD every other game....add in his ability to pick up the blitz, and again while perhaps he's not worthy of the 12th overall pick, he is still a productive player. But keep looking towards the future with scrubs like Johnson.

BroncoBeavis
09-06-2012, 08:36 PM
You're the clown saying we needed to look towards the future...and you're the clown that thinks Johnson should be on the roster and Moreno should not.

Never said that. Not that that's ever stopped you before.

And 4.1 YPA? You think that's solid?

Name the last Broncos #1 rb with that low of a YPA over a season. You might have to look back to pre-TD days to find it. Lance mf'n Ball has a higher career YPA.

Dumbass.

BroncoBeavis
09-06-2012, 08:48 PM
You called him a journeyman...which to most sane people means he's an average player that plays for several teams over the course of his career. sure the Ravens let him go, because the younger guy outplayed him...it doesn't mean he's not any good, it just means Ray Rice is better....or does that concept still elude you? BTW, he just ran for 1,200 yards this past season.

Let's see. He's on his 3rd team. He's nearing the end of his productive shelf life. And he only broke 600 yards once in the 3 years before moving to Denver.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/journeyman

2. any experienced, competent but routine worker or performer.

But I guess he still came in and whooped Saucy. That overachiever you love so much. You have such selectively low standards for your personal faves.

errand
09-06-2012, 09:15 PM

Name the last Broncos #1 rb with that low of a YPA over a season. You might have to look back to pre-TD days to find it. Lance mf'n Ball has a higher career YPA.

Dumbass.

You said we should roll with johnson...which means you'd rather he be on the roster, and moreno be gone from it. That's the same thing as saying you'd rather have johnson over moreno.

...his ypc has increased every season, from 3.8 as rookie to 4.3 to 4.8...add in his receiving ypc of 9.0 for his career and he averages about 5 yards per touch.

But you want to roll with some clown that has been put on waivers every season since he came to the NFL...and nobody claimed him. That's like being by-passed by 96 teams over his last 3 years

BroncoBeavis
09-06-2012, 09:18 PM
You said we should roll with johnson...which means you'd rather he be on the roster, and moreno be gone from it. That's the same thing as saying you'd rather have johnson over moreno.

Really? Show me where.

errand
09-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Let's see. He's on his 3rd team. He's nearing the end of his productive shelf life. And he only broke 600 yards once in the 3 years before moving to Denver.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/journeyman

2. any experienced, competent but routine worker or performer.

But I guess he still came in and whooped Saucy. That overachiever you love so much. You have such selectively low standards for your personal faves.

Yeah, his 3rd team...he battled nagging injuries in 2008 (671 yards)...Rice took over in 2009, however McGahee led team with 14 total TD's and he's the 2nd RB to have rushed for at least 1,000 yards for 3 teams.

Yeah he's a journeyman alright, and I guess so is Alex Rodriguez, huh? I mean after all he's played for 3 teams too...and is nearing the end of his career as well.

As for selectively low standards, you really have no room to talk....I mean really, Tebow over Manning? johnson over moreno? You're the one legged man who came into an ass kicking contest.

errand
09-06-2012, 09:50 PM
Really? Show me where.

Yeah....and I never said I "hoped" or "pray" that Orton would be re-signed, but you twisted that to fit your agenda.

As it stands you've stated here that Moreno is a huge disappointment to you and you want to see what younger legs could do, which is odd since both johnson and moreno came out in '09...

You also stated that 14 carries for 77 yards in a career wasn't bad while making your case for Johnson....but have the unmitigated gall to say McGahee is a "journeyman" who hasn't rushed for over 600 yards but one time in his 3 seasons before becoming a Broncos RB. (BTW he got 77 yards on one solitary run in Baltimore)

amazing how you're ready to dump a RB that failed to live up to his collegiate hype for a scrub waiver wire practice squad player, but wanted a QB that failed to live up to his college hypeover a living legend in Peyton Manning LOL LOL LOL

BroncoBeavis
09-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Yeah....and I never said I "hoped" or "pray" that Orton would be re-signed, but you twisted that to fit your agenda.

As it stands you've stated here that Moreno is a huge disappointment to you and you want to see what younger legs could do, which is odd since both johnson and moreno came out in '09...

You also stated that 14 carries for 77 yards in a career wasn't bad while making your case for Johnson....but have the unmitigated gall to say McGahee is a "journeyman" who hasn't rushed for over 600 yards but one time in his 3 seasons before becoming a Broncos RB. (BTW he got 77 yards on one solitary run in Baltimore)

amazing how you're ready to dump a RB that failed to live up to his collegiate hype for a scrub waiver wire practice squad player, but wanted a QB that failed to live up to his college hypeover a living legend in Peyton Manning LOL LOL LOL

It's more than apparent you didn't read most of this thread.

I said it was dumb to say KM was better because he had more yards. And that KM has been a disappointment. Everything else you fabricated.

Nwp-Apap
09-06-2012, 10:29 PM

Dumbass.

Willis McGahee has the same career YPC.

errand
09-07-2012, 05:20 AM
Willis McGahee has the same career YPC.

Yes...but what would you expect from a "journeyman" as Beavis has called him

bowtown
09-07-2012, 05:27 AM
Bevis in love with another scrub? Kyle McCarthy and Mike Mohamed will be jealous.

Hey Bev, that bum WR DT would like to thank you for your continued support. Weird that he's still on the team, right?

Beantown Bronco
09-07-2012, 06:33 AM

McD effect.

And running behind the two worst interior OLinemen in the league for his first two years certainly didn't help. Terrell Davis himself would've struggled in the same situation.

2KBack
09-07-2012, 06:36 AM

Dumbass.

Shanahan running game vs. McD running game

Apples to apples?