PDA

View Full Version : Bryant McKinnie

Smiling Assassin27
09-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Reportedly released by Ravens:

The Ravens approached left tackle Bryant McKinnie about restructuring his contract, but he sent ominous signals about his future in Baltimore via Twitter on Tuesday.

McKinnie has a $3.2 million base salary for the 2012 season but the Baltimore Sun reported the Ravens would “ideally like to cut his pay.”

McKinnie posted to his personal Twitter feed “Decision is made! I’m gone!”

WNST.net, dedicated to coverage of Baltimore sports, reported McKinnie confirmed he’s no longer with the team via text.

Any takers?

Ray Finkle
09-04-2012, 11:21 AM
2F2P....

lolcopter
09-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Inb4 the merge to "free agents that we should pick up" thread

Oh wait

TonyR
09-04-2012, 11:27 AM
I bet the Eagles sign him.

cmhargrove
09-04-2012, 11:32 AM
This guy obviously doesn't give a **** right now.

Pass on lazy fat guys.

bronco militia
09-04-2012, 11:33 AM
why do we need another LT?

Did a Raider fan hack SA's account?

Raider9175
09-04-2012, 11:35 AM

Clady who looked like he was going to be a stud, has looked like garbage the last couple years. His stock is down. Sell

bronco militia
09-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Clady who looked like he was going to be a stud, has looked like garbage the last couple years. His stock is down. Sell

Hilarious!

Smiling Assassin27
09-04-2012, 11:38 AM

I'd move him over to RT and move Franklin inside if anything.

Ray Finkle
09-04-2012, 11:41 AM

if you look at age, work ethic, and ability Franklin >>>> over Bryant "wide load" McKinnie....

Mogulseeker
09-04-2012, 11:45 AM

So buy high and sell low?

Raider reasoning.

dictionary
09-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Two teams with OL problems: Steelers and the Jets. I wouldnt be surprised to see the Steelers make a proper go at him.

bronco militia
09-04-2012, 11:59 AM

I don't think he's ever played RT. Plus he sounds like the perfect Raider

:~ohyah!:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryant_McKinnie

kappys
09-04-2012, 12:01 PM
We still have around $11 million in cap space - B. Mckinnie would be a good backup for us even at that hefty pricetag if he took a 1 year deal. Given how many issues we have on the O-line he could fit in nicely if a changeup is needed

I wouldn't be entirely opposed to it based on that.

Smiling Assassin27
09-04-2012, 12:01 PM
if you look at age, work ethic, and ability Franklin >>>> over Bryant "wide load" McKinnie....

I agree with that except for 'ability' specifically regarding the RT position. Franklin just doesn't seem to have the skills for RT. Of course, Wide Load is a natural LT, so maybe their skill level is closer than it first looks.

Requiem
09-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Sounds like a brilliant idea. (Not)

Underachieved as a Viking, leading to his butt getting kicked out of town. Also has horrendous off the field problems. Remember The Loveboat Scandal? Just the tip of the ice-berg. The only reasons the Ravens signed him was because they were desperate and Ed Reed (former teammate at the U) vouched for him.

Thread fail.

gyldenlove
09-04-2012, 12:16 PM
I would expect the Steelers and Chargers to take a sniff, they both need help at OL - but he is probably going to sit for a few weeks until someone loses a LT.

DeuceOfClub
09-04-2012, 12:22 PM
If the Raiders sign him they will have a top 2 defense, or something like that.

Raider9175
09-04-2012, 12:29 PM
So buy high and sell low?

Raider reasoning.

I was hoping you would sign Clady to a big contract extension before this year. Rats. Now you might realize he isn't that good anymore. (one injury did that)

Raider9175
09-04-2012, 12:32 PM

Mckinnie plays offense. Stick to European Football . GOAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DenverBroncosJM
09-04-2012, 12:42 PM
We still have around $11 million in cap space - B. Mckinnie would be a good backup for us even at that hefty pricetag if he took a 1 year deal. Given how many issues we have on the O-line he could fit in nicely if a changeup is needed

I wouldn't be entirely opposed to it based on that.

When Kuper is back i think our line and depth looks much better. I know everyone talked about the 2nd and 3rd string in pre season but that was the entire line. you keep your starting line and plug a guy in you will have much better results.

dictionary
09-04-2012, 01:18 PM

Best comment on here--priceless! Also, the failer fan missed the sarcasm completely.

Drek
09-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Lazy, fat, occupies a position we're already strong at. Not worth the money.

Jetland
09-04-2012, 01:20 PM
<s>@</s>JasonLaCanfora (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora): Bryant McKinnie's agent, Michael George, told me he just agreed to a restructured deal for McKinnie to remain a Raven

http://deadspin.com/5940294/the-ravens-are-fighting-with-bryant-mckinnie-on-twitter-only-six-days-before-their-opener

silly twitter

Lestat
09-04-2012, 01:56 PM
<s>@</s>JasonLaCanfora (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora): Bryant McKinnie's agent, Michael George, told me he just agreed to a restructured deal for McKinnie to remain a Raven

http://deadspin.com/5940294/the-ravens-are-fighting-with-bryant-mckinnie-on-twitter-only-six-days-before-their-opener

silly twitter

yeah cause the ****er won't get a better chance to contend for a super bowl and get paid.

Broncos_OTM
09-04-2012, 02:02 PM
I was hoping you would sign Clady to a big contract extension before this year. Rats. Now you might realize he isn't that good anymore. (one injury did that)

I think there is a little truth to this. ryan clady was a all pro at one point.looked like garbage last year. well definitely see what we have soon enough

lolcopter
09-04-2012, 02:22 PM
I think there is a little truth to this. ryan clady was a all pro at one point.looked like garbage last year. well definitely see what we have soon enough

Injury hurt, but having pocket sloth and a FB playing QB didn't help him either

Cutler propped a few guys up when he was here

bronco militia
09-04-2012, 02:24 PM

garbage? LOL

maher_tyler
09-04-2012, 02:31 PM
garbage? LOL

He led the league or was close to leading the league in holding calls. I don't think he's as bad as he's been playing. Due to the injuries and playing with Orton and Tebow didn't help. I think playing with Manning and being healthy will make Clady/this Oline look a lot better than it has the past 2-3 years.

bronco militia
09-04-2012, 02:37 PM
He led the league or was close to leading the league in holding calls. I don't think he's as bad as he's been playing. Due to the injuries and playing with Orton and Tebow didn't help. I think playing with Manning and being healthy will make Clady/this Oline look a lot better than it has the past 2-3 years.

yeah, he led the league in holding calls. But he wasn't terrible or "garbage" like beadles and walton were every game

broncosteven
09-04-2012, 09:05 PM

Who is the raiders starting LT? Is Gallery still in the NFL?

kappys
09-04-2012, 09:07 PM
When Kuper is back i think our line and depth looks much better. I know everyone talked about the 2nd and 3rd string in pre season but that was the entire line. you keep your starting line and plug a guy in you will have much better results.

This line still features Zane Beadles and JD Walton as starters so I don't see how they look good or even decent. That said if Kuper can get back on the field I expect Ramirez to drop Zane into back duty which will improve things. Still we are left with a glaring weak point so an injury or two could be very devastating

DenverBroncosJM
09-04-2012, 09:41 PM
This line still features Zane Beadles and JD Walton as starters so I don't see how they look good or even decent. That said if Kuper can get back on the field I expect Ramirez to drop Zane into back duty which will improve things. Still we are left with a glaring weak point so an injury or two could be very devastating

I agree to a point but we have only seen those guys block for orton and tebow.

We can both hope for improvement this year I just don't think it's as dreadful as its made out to be.

Raider9175
09-05-2012, 07:02 AM
Who is the raiders starting LT? Is Gallery still in the NFL?

Jared Veldheer. Jared Veldheer was a divison 11 player is ascending and R clady is descending. Veldher should have made the probowl last season.

After R Clady first year in the league, I thought he was one of the best LT prospect I saw come into the league, in a long time. That guy has been a distant memory the last couple of years. I will give the Bronco fan who mention that Manning will make Clady look better.(that's a fact)
The problem do you want to invest in Clady because P manning making him look a lot better than he is , and Manning not going to be around that long.

Without a doubt I'm starting a team. Veldheer is my LT over Clady. NOw IF Clady was playing on a level like his rookie year. I would go with him over Veldheer.

I think each team in the AFc west( when Gaither healthy) has a pretty good LT on their roster. Without a doubt the AFc west probably have as good starting LT group as any division.