PDA

View Full Version : Orange Mane 3 league

JCMElway
09-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Hey all.

Here is the thread to talk about our PPR league. Here is a start-off question:

Name three teams that will make the playoffs in our league, not including your team! 6 teams make the playoffs.

GO!

JCMElway
09-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Money payouts:

1st: $150
2nd: $100
3rd: $50

Sound good?

SpringStein
09-03-2012, 08:12 PM
I'd like to see a reward for winning the regular season title.
Maybe something like?
1. $50 for regular season championship
2. $100 for losing in the championship
3. $200 for winning championship

Means someone could win $250, but unusual for regular season champ to win both. I just like to see some reward for a great regular season...

JCMElway
09-04-2012, 06:47 AM
Well, I like to reward a team for either being the number #1 or #2 seed or winning two playoff games. Giving a first, second, and third does that.

Also, we only have $300 in the kitty.

If you win the regular season or get second the prize is being in the semi-finals of the league as #1 and #2 get a bye.

We could do a most points championship for the regular season of $25, and do payouts of $145, $90, and $40 to first, second, and third.

What do we think of that?

SpringStein
09-04-2012, 08:43 AM
I'm good with whatever, understanding that $300 doesn't go far if it's divided up too many ways.

gunns
09-04-2012, 05:52 PM
That's a toughy. It really is. Almost everyone has good players but others that really suck and not on the bench. Dawg's, SoCal, and Doinks probably. As far as the money, however is fine with me. I'm just hoping all those good players on the other teams end up sucking...except for the WR's that are catching my QB's passes.....so that the money ends up in my hands. I also like Winders but I will not put him in the top 3 because I'm still pissed.

JCMElway
09-04-2012, 06:42 PM
OK, if you want to do a points championship for $25, say so here. Or vote no. If we get to 6 votes for yes we'll do it.

JCMElway
09-04-2012, 06:43 PM
That's a toughy. It really is. Almost everyone has good players but others that really suck and not on the bench. Dawg's, SoCal, and Doinks probably. As far as the money, however is fine with me. I'm just hoping all those good players on the other teams end up sucking...except for the WR's that are catching my QB's passes.....so that the money ends up in my hands. I also like Winders but I will not put him in the top 3 because I'm still pissed.

Ha. How many of your targets did I snag?

gunns
09-04-2012, 08:00 PM
Ha. How many of your targets did I snag?

2 Decker and Murray

24champ
09-13-2012, 12:14 AM
That was a pretty close week for everyone.

gunns
09-13-2012, 04:41 AM
Ok, I have just about had it with our commish. He snags two players I wanted and then outbids me for Morris. It's not like his team didn't do well and he needed him. He bids 1 more than me! I'm taking this personally!

JCMElway
09-13-2012, 09:10 PM
Gunns, I just want to get your attention. Love ya!

JCMElway
09-13-2012, 09:14 PM
I currently have a 16 maximum limit on FA pickups. If folks want to go with no limits, however, we can do that. Give me an argument one way or another and I'll change it or keep it the same.

spdirty
09-14-2012, 06:26 AM
I'd prefer no limit. Mostly because there have been times where I've made upwards of 40 moves in a season. Plus if its say week 12 and your player tears his acl and you can't get rid of him and find someone else because your moves are used up, that kind of sucks.

The waiver budget is cool as hell though. Gives everyone a shot at every hot prospect that had a great week.

Dedhed
09-14-2012, 10:22 AM
I'd prefer no limit. Mostly because there have been times where I've made upwards of 40 moves in a season. Plus if its say week 12 and your player tears his acl and you can't get rid of him and find someone else because your moves are used up, that kind of sucks.

The waiver budget is cool as hell though. Gives everyone a shot at every hot prospect that had a great week.

I like the no limit idea too. Makes things more interesting throughout the season.

JCMElway
09-14-2012, 09:12 PM
I'm going with this plan and setting it now. If you have an ojectin, let me know.

there will be a most points championship for the regular season of $25, and payouts of $145, $90, and $40 to first, second, and third.

gunns
09-25-2012, 10:33 AM
5 pts? I'm so frustrated. This week just sucked as far as any kind of football.

gunns
10-02-2012, 05:33 PM
3 pts this week. I give up. I hate our commish. That's all.

gunns
10-08-2012, 04:47 PM
I give up.

JCMElway
11-12-2012, 03:02 PM
Wow. I just got my ass handed to me. 180 points? I just hope I make the playoffs!!

spdirty
11-12-2012, 09:28 PM
190 ;D

JCMElway
11-13-2012, 10:23 PM
190 ;D

When one of my 87 running backs gets healthy, you're in trouble!

I mean deep dog doo-doo!

Kaylore
11-19-2012, 12:56 PM
I need Chicago's defense to score less than 26 points tonight.

24champ
11-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Looks like I'm out of the playoffs, couldn't overcome my crappy 1-4 start.

spdirty
12-02-2012, 08:43 PM
K so I'm gonna be 2nd seed but I got the most points...I will get the $25 right?

Kaylore
12-02-2012, 09:16 PM
I don't like the points thing. What's the point of even having a playoff if we're just going to give money to who gets the most points? It also means someone can double-down and win everything. I think it should be first, second, third.

spdirty
12-03-2012, 09:06 AM
You just say that because you didn't get the most points.:P

I'm cool with whatever, though I don't think I can win this thing with Ryan and Tony G probably having HFA locked up early.

Kaylore
12-03-2012, 09:36 AM
You just say that because you didn't get the most points.:P

I'm cool with whatever, though I don't think I can win this thing with Ryan and Tony G probably having HFA locked up early.

Sort of. I didn't finish in the top for points but I won my weekly matchups and played my players well and made the playoffs. I think there should be something said for that.

Really I think it should be one or the other. If we're going to do points then we shouldn't have a post season. We should just go through and do points 1,2,3. If we have a post season, then have the winner and first and second runner up.

I'm not a fan of mixing them. Do one or the other.

24champ
12-03-2012, 09:37 AM
I don't like the points thing. What's the point of even having a playoff if we're just going to give money to who gets the most points? It also means someone can double-down and win everything. I think it should be first, second, third.

That's how fantasy football is played and upsets happen in the playoffs.

24champ
12-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Sort of. I didn't finish in the top for points but I won my weekly matchups and played my players well and made the playoffs. I think there should be something said for that.

Really I think it should be one or the other. If we're going to do points then we shouldn't have a post season. We should just go through and do points 1,2,3. If we have a post season, then have the winner and first and second runner up.

I'm not a fan of mixing them. Do one or the other.

Why are you complaining? You had the worst team in the league as far as scoring points. You had a lucky run through the season, and if you had someone else's schedule you would be in last place. Just be happy you still have a shot, when you really weren't supposed to.

Kaylore
12-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Why are you complaining? You had the worst team in the league as far as scoring points. You had a lucky run through the season, and if you had someone else's schedule you would be in last place. Just be happy you still have a shot, when you really weren't supposed to.

Take me out of it! My point still holds. If you're going to go off points then why have a postseason at all?

24champ
12-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Take me out of it! My point still holds. If you're going to go off points then why have a postseason at all?

Because having a postseason is more fun and makes the season worthwhile.

Btw we are going off wins and points, in that order. Points are also used for tiebreakers.

You said this though...

I didn't finish in the top for points but I won my weekly matchups and played my players well and made the playoffs. I think there should be something said for that.

And something was said for that, you got a spot in the playoffs because you won games. What do you want? A trophy for finishing 4th???

Either way, the system you are arguing against is the system that got you into the playoffs.

spdirty
12-03-2012, 12:38 PM

The points deal was more or less a consolation, just getting your money back, a $25 prize. Not really that big a deal, but to get to double dip and get first place, as well as the points consolation, I think that's a $165 prize which is pretty good.

But if you objected you should have done so when the commish announced the payouts.

Kaylore
12-03-2012, 03:42 PM
The points deal was more or less a consolation, just getting your money back, a $25 prize. Not really that big a deal, but to get to double dip and get first place, as well as the points consolation, I think that's a $165 prize which is pretty good.

But if you objected you should have done so when the commish announced the payouts.

I didn't see that he got to six yes votes, so I guess I thought it was still up for debate. Most of the league hasn't posted here.

Kaylore
12-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Because having a postseason is more fun and makes the season worthwhile.

Btw we are going off wins and points, in that order. Points are also used for tiebreakers.

You said this though...

And something was said for that, you got a spot in the playoffs because you won games. What do you want? A trophy for finishing 4th???

Either way, the system you are arguing against is the system that got you into the playoffs.

Good grief, i'm not arguing against fantasy football. I just think giving an award for most points makes no sense if you have a playoff. I don't know why you're having a hard time with this. The team that finishes with the number one offense in football doesn't get a magic award at the end of the season.

spdirty
12-03-2012, 05:42 PM
I didn't see that he got to six yes votes, so I guess I thought it was still up for debate. Most of the league hasn't posted here.

When he brought it up there was 2 people in favor of it and nobody objected, and when he made it official nobody objected until 2 1/2 months later. The commish of this league has been very flexible in his rulings for this league, even changed 2 things up because I objected to what was going on. My point is if you didn't like what he decided on you should have brought it up in September, not after the regular season is over with. He would have listened and you probably could have changed his mind. I wouldn't have cared either way.

JCMElway
12-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Yeah, I may have listened at the time as no one else seemed to care. As it is, I made a ruling back when the season was very young and if I went back on it now I would be sure to piss off the winner.

Perhaps we can have a proper vote for next year.

JCMElway
12-03-2012, 07:58 PM
K so I'm gonna be 2nd seed but I got the most points...I will get the $25 right?

Yup.

JCMElway
12-03-2012, 08:00 PM
I'm going with this plan and setting it now. If you have an ojectin, let me know.

there will be a most points championship for the regular season of $25, and payouts of $145, $90, and $40 to first, second, and third.

This was posted mid-September.

Kaylore
12-03-2012, 08:19 PM
This was posted mid-September.

Ah but I didn't see this thread until October! ;)

gunns
12-04-2012, 07:10 AM
I didn't make the playoffs? I'm shocked!

What a year.

SpringStein
12-17-2012, 12:24 PM
Looks like top two finishers meet in the finals. I'l admit to some good luck with a couple matchups this year. Playing much of the season w/o a viable RB has been a challenge!

JCMElway
12-17-2012, 10:22 PM
To folks who are winning money,

I will be out of the country until the beginning of January, so winnings will be mailed out after that point. if you won money, please PM me your address.

Congrats.

Suck on it. I'm a bad loser.

24champ
12-17-2012, 10:40 PM
Anyone up for a keeper league? Can we even turn it into a keeper league?

I'd like to go on a revenge tour next season.

SpringStein
12-23-2012, 08:37 PM
Congrats to Dirty on the championship - great year you had!

spdirty
12-24-2012, 09:14 AM
:thumbsup::thumbs::twokisses:pimp:!Booya!

Kaylore
12-24-2012, 10:03 AM
You destroyed! Congrats!

gunns
12-26-2012, 05:52 AM
Congrats spdirty! Some had it this year and some of us did not. And for me, it was only in my money leagues. Maybe I over thought, maybe not enough, who knows. Just stupid to do well in "pride" leagues but not the money leagues. Anyway, wtg spdirty.

JCMElway
01-04-2013, 06:25 AM
$ will be sent out on Monday.

SpringStein
01-10-2013, 02:43 PM
$ will be sent out on Monday.

Arrived today, thanks for running the league.