PDA

View Full Version : Raiders sign CB Joselio Hansen

Raider9175
09-03-2012, 07:22 AM
They have their nickel CB now. Warning to the rest of teams of the Afc West. This Raiders defense is no joke. Will be a lot better than 2011 version. Another quality piece added to what should be AFc west title.

Paladin
09-03-2012, 07:23 AM
*barf*

swaiy
09-03-2012, 07:25 AM
Are you high? The 8 year pro got his job taken by a rookie 4th round pick even when he was taking majority of the 1st team reps.

The Raiders will win the title though. In the race for last place.

bronco militia
09-03-2012, 07:26 AM
Who?

AmericanBroncFan
09-03-2012, 07:26 AM
Just another chump Manning will destroy

Broncos_OTM
09-03-2012, 07:30 AM
cool story bro

Lycan
09-03-2012, 07:41 AM
Seriously? Joselio Hanson? You are bragging about your crappy team signing a 3rd string at best CB on a rival teams message board.

"Yay! We got a corner that no one else wanted! I must spread the word amongst those who will care the least."

bowtown
09-03-2012, 07:50 AM

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-03-2012, 08:03 AM
http://theykid.com/wp-content/thumbnails/hanson.jpg

oubronco
09-03-2012, 08:03 AM
LOL

Jason in LA
09-03-2012, 08:04 AM
I know Joselio Hansen, interviewed him about a year ago. Good guy, sucks he's with the Raiders.

He's not the type of player that's going to make a difference on a team, so I really don't see the point of this thread.

Man-Goblin
09-03-2012, 08:09 AM
http://theykid.com/wp-content/thumbnails/hanson.jpg

Of the three, I always thought Josello had the least amount of talent.

broncocalijohn
09-03-2012, 08:16 AM
They have their nickel CB now. Warning to the rest of teams of the Afc West. This Raiders defense is no joke. Will be a lot better than 2011 version. Another quality piece added to what should be AFc west title.

LOL, you told us Top 5 defense. So adding this nickel dude makes you not only complete but Top 5? Don't give us "a lot better now than 2011 version". You backtracking after the preseason?

Raiders=joke (or is Raiders' fans= JOKE?)

Let me know when someone is drafted as a "Nickel" guy. This most likely means he failed at Corner Back.

Retardo Faider fan.

Pony Boy
09-03-2012, 08:37 AM

Good luck on trying to get a nickelback in the game when Manning is running the no-huddle down your throat .......Hilarious!

Bacillus Anthracis
09-03-2012, 09:10 AM
This is bad news for us (the Raiders) and good news for the rest of the division. It's the 3rd DB the we've brought in in the last week. How a defense improves when it has 3 DBs who will have been on the team for all of a week when the regular season begins is beyond me.

It doesn't matter if these guys were Probowlers or scrubs, it's going to take them at least a month, if not longer to get up to any kind of speed. And if an injury occurs to a starter, that means one of these dudes is going to be thrown into the fire against the likes of Rivers, Roethlisberger, and Manning all in the space of 4 games.

And what's really puzzling is that the D has looked good in preseason. But here's the deal: Reggie McKenzie has gone about dismantling the entire team as much as possible, getting rid of everything whether it was good or bad. The D needed to be changed dramatically, so good.

But the offense was his worst move. When healthy, the Raider offense is good. The personnel drafted for the type of offense we had fit it well. Palmer as a pocket passer, big O-linemen for the power running game, and receivers that are fast and can stretch the field. Now we have a system that's the exact opposite of that. It relies heavily on timing and super precise route running, things our receivers weren't drafted for.

Not only that, our STs were pretty good but McKenzie sh!tcanned John Fassel, the special teams coach. And if the preseason has been any indication, ST is now going to be the weakest element of the team.

McKenzie has tried to fix things that didn't need fixing. If he looks at the team and believes it's not Superbowl bound, fine. But in the meantime let it do what it does best. There were no cap issues with the things he's done either. It points to him wanting to put his stamp on the team for better or worse.

theAPAOps5
09-03-2012, 09:10 AM
What a stupid thread. Better hope your defense is better, going to need it with that trash QB.

Bacillus Anthracis
09-03-2012, 09:13 AM
Good luck on trying to get a nickelback in the game when Manning is running the no-huddle down your throat .......Hilarious!

All you have to do is run a nickel or a big nickel from the get-go. It's not that big of an adjustment. And for our D that actually puts a better player on the field than if we were running a 4-3.

theAPAOps5
09-03-2012, 09:17 AM
All you have to do is run a nickel or a big nickel from the get-go. It's not that big of an adjustment. And for our D that actually puts a better player on the field than if we were running a 4-3.

You are right, more and more teams are using this so much it might as well be their base defense.

Heyneck
09-03-2012, 09:39 AM
who are your starters? hahahahahaha always the same old raiders!

broncocalijohn
09-03-2012, 09:44 AM

Correct me here but isnt the nickel considered 5 DBs (Safeties and corner backs)? So if correct, you playing 2 at linebacker or is one of your nickel guys now lining up near the position of outside linebacker?

Raider9175
09-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Are you high? The 8 year pro got his job taken by a rookie 4th round pick even when he was taking majority of the 1st team reps.

The Raiders will win the title though. In the race for last place.

He was regarded as one of the best nickle Cb's in the game. A fact you can't dispute. This Raider defense is going to be top notch this season.

broncocalijohn
09-03-2012, 09:47 AM
He was regarded as one of the best nickle Cb's in the game. A fact you can't dispute. This Raider defense is going to be top notch this season.

See the difference of your moronic posts that is the example that shows the brain trust in Faider fan and that of Bacillus Anthracis that actually can debunk the horrible opinion that the NFL has of your kind that everytime you speak, the rumor becomes fact?

swaiy
09-03-2012, 09:56 AM

He can't be that great if a 4th round rookie came in and outplayed him.

Raider9175
09-03-2012, 09:57 AM

Ron Bartel and Shawtae Spencer/Pat Lee. Joselio Hanson the nickel CB.

Here is the deal if there is one position which is Dennis allen specialty it's the DB position(where he made his mark) . He knows exactly what he looking for.

You want to play Cb in his defense you better understand your responsibility and be a very reliable tackler. Raiders don't have any superstars but what they have is Cb's that are going to be reliable and bring down the receiver if he catches it. All the Raiders top five Cb's from 2011 are gone.

1. Ron Bartel 2. Shawtae Spencer 3 Joselio Hanson(playing the slot receiver what there to know. Not to mention he a veteran that play in alot of defenses) 4 Pat Lee 5 Philip Adams and 6. Coye Francis.

Raider9175
09-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Correct me here but isnt the nickel considered 5 DBs (Safeties and corner backs)? So if correct, you playing 2 at linebacker or is one of your nickel guys now lining up near the position of outside linebacker?

Nickel CB is the third CB. Teams go to three Wr sets he comes in and plays the slot receiver. Raiders have a lot of guys to match up with Te's. M Huff, Tyvon Branch can match up man tp man with Te's. SSLb Philip Wheeler is the best Raider coverage LB since Thomas Howard. (difference he supports the run bigtime) LB Keenan Clayton can pick up Te or Rb in coverage also.9 he more specialty LB than a fulltime lb) A lot of option for the mad scientist (jason Tarver) to dial up on defense.

Also M Huff is capable of playing the slot receiver.

broncocalijohn
09-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Ron Bartel and Shawtae Spencer/Pat Lee. Joselio Hanson the nickel CB.

Here is the deal if there is one position which is Dennis allen specialty it's the DB position(where he made his mark) . He knows exactly what he looking for.

You want to play Cb in his defense you better understand your responsibility and be a very reliable tackler. Raiders don't have any superstars but what they have is Cb's that are going to be reliable and bring down the receiver if he catches it. All the Raiders top five Cb's from 2011 are gone.

1. Ron Bartel 2. Shawtae Spencer 3 Joselio Hanson(playing the slot receiver what there to know. Not to mention he a veteran that play in alot of defenses) 4 Pat Lee 5 Philip Adams and 6. Coye Francis.

You better hope the DL comes through for you (and the front 7) because that group isn't going to be a positive Top 5 anything in this league. I can't wait until Monday night to see if you guys let Gates go gangsta ass all over your defense. Best for your game plan is to have a lot of McFadden while he is still healthy. Keep long drives for the offense so your defense won't be possibly exposed. Chargers are not what they were last year with their wideouts but if Rivers is back to his old self instead of 2011, Raiders easily could be exposed. Simply put, you better have your team show up to win this one.

Agamemnon
09-03-2012, 10:14 AM
This thread is hilarious...

Raider9175
09-03-2012, 10:17 AM
You better hope the DL comes through for you (and the front 7) because that group isn't going to be a positive Top 5 anything in this league. I can't wait until Monday night to see if you guys let Gates go gangsta ass all over your defense. Best for your game plan is to have a lot of McFadden while he is still healthy. Keep long drives for the offense so your defense won't be possibly exposed. Chargers are not what they were last year with their wideouts but if Rivers is back to his old self instead of 2011, Raiders easily could be exposed. Simply put, you better have your team show up to win this one.

No I said the offense was going to be top five. The defense i said all it has to do is improve to average 15 and Raiders were going to be tough to beat.

With that said I think this defense has a chance to be alot better- now say top ten. Raiders have the best Dline in the AFc west and it's very deep. The biggest improvement is at LB. Phillip Wheeler will be an impact player for them .(can do it all very well- cover, support the run and rush the passer) R Mcclain is in a lot better shape physically this year. Raiders need both to stay healthy .
Raiders scheme is light years better this year. Going to put alot of players in position to do what they do best. Going to be extremely tough to run on the Raiders this year.

Bacillus Anthracis
09-03-2012, 10:18 AM

Right. Very generally speaking the nickel has 5 DBs and 2 LBs: two safeties and 3 cornerbacks. The big nickel has 3 safeties and two cornerbacks. How they're positioned depends on the look of the offense.

The big nickel is usually used for teams that employ two pass catching tight ends like New England does...

or something.

Raider9175
09-03-2012, 10:21 AM
He can't be that great if a 4th round rookie came in and outplayed him.

Means nothing of the sort. Maybe they are just looking to get younger at the position while saving some bucks.(do have a lot of money invested in the cb position Asomugha asnd Dominque Rodgers Cromartie. True or false. (only have so much to spend on a position with a salary cap)

Bacillus Anthracis
09-03-2012, 10:23 AM

The Chargers are starting an undrafted rookie at LT. It's going to be a rough night for Potatohead. They'll have to use a back or extra TE to help him out so if even if does get time to throw he's going to have fewer targets and checkdowns.

But it's going to be an ugly game, something like 13-10 or 14-9 or something similarly lame.

Raider9175
09-03-2012, 10:26 AM
The Chargers are starting an undrafted rookie at LT. It's going to be a rough night for Potatohead. They'll have to use a back or extra TE to help him out so if even if does get time to throw he's going to have fewer targets and checkdowns.

But it's going to be an ugly game, something like 13-10 or 14-9 or something similarly lame.

Dude what are you talking about Your spending your time on Bronco's board too long. (it warped your brain) Do you know the numbers C Palmer put up on the chargers defense last year. The chargers Cb's can't hang with the Raiders Wr. NJow throw in a healthy DMC and I wouldn't want to play on that SD defense monday night.

You think Raiders are going to score 14 points only your sadly mistaken. They will get that by end of first quarter.

swaiy
09-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Means nothing of the sort. Maybe they are just looking to get younger at the position while saving some bucks.(do have a lot of money invested in the cb position Asomugha asnd Dominque Rodgers Cromartie. True or false. (only have so much to spend on a position with a salary cap)

There is no maybe. I just told you why he lost his job. Are you slow? He was already on the team before they drafted Brandon Boykins and then lost his job. Andy Reid & Co. are on the hot seat. Do you really think they have time "to get younger" ? Dude probably is a non-factor. You're in here hyping up an 8 year vet as one of the greatest nickel CBs after he got outplayed by a rookie who has never played a meaningful snap in regular season.

Child, please.

http://gifsoup.com/view1/1432515/child-please-o.gif

DarkHorse30
09-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Reggie McKenzie has gone about dismantling the entire team as much as possible, getting rid of everything whether it was good or bad. The D needed to be changed dramatically, so good.

But the offense was his worst move. When healthy, the Raider offense is good. The personnel drafted for the type of offense we had fit it well. Palmer as a pocket passer, big O-linemen for the power running game, and receivers that are fast and can stretch the field. Now we have a system that's the exact opposite of that. It relies heavily on timing and super precise route running, things our receivers weren't drafted for.

Not only that, our STs were pretty good but McKenzie ****canned John Fassel, the special teams coach. And if the preseason has been any indication, ST is now going to be the weakest element of the team.

McKenzie has tried to fix things that didn't need fixing. If he looks at the team and believes it's not Superbowl bound, fine. But in the meantime let it do what it does best. There were no cap issues with the things he's done either. It points to him wanting to put his stamp on the team for better or worse.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2012/writers/ann_killion/01/10/oakland.raiders.reggie.mckenzie/reggie-mckenzie-story-presswire.jpg
sounds like they are trying a restart, after Davis' passing. Did Mark Davis hire McKenzie?

HILife
09-03-2012, 10:46 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dhJ-7KIf6k8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

broncocalijohn
09-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Right. Very generally speaking the nickel has 5 DBs and 2 LBs: two safeties and 3 cornerbacks. The big nickel has 3 safeties and two cornerbacks. How they're positioned depends on the look of the offense.

The big nickel is usually used for teams that employ two pass catching tight ends like New England does...

or something.

that is what i figured. I was going to put SAM (strong side) and then thought possibly for coverage against a wideout of 3 or more. Knew it wasn't inside LB so safe spot was to say Outside Linebacker.

Hansen started one game last year and that was against the Patriots so it makes sense that he would play a lot (and start) with a 2 TE set.

Raider9175
09-03-2012, 11:02 AM
There is no maybe. I just told you why he lost his job. Are you slow? He was already on the team before they drafted Brandon Boykins and then lost his job. Andy Reid & Co. are on the hot seat. Do you really think they have time "to get younger" ? Dude probably is a non-factor. You're in here hyping up an 8 year vet as one of the greatest nickel CBs after he got outplayed by a rookie who has never played a meaningful snap in regular season.

Child, please.

http://gifsoup.com/view1/1432515/child-please-o.gif

Child please???? MOney . Do you not understand the power of the buck. Do the Eagles have some big money tied up in their starting Cb's. You invested a third round pick in a CB. Who won either the punting return job or kickoff job. Nah thats no reason to get rid of your nickel CB. (unfortunately there is a slary cap and most owners don't try to cheat like Pat Bowlen)

swaiy
09-03-2012, 11:20 AM
Child please???? MOney . Do you not understand the power of the buck. Do the Eagles have some big money tied up in their starting Cb's. You invested a third round pick in a CB. Who won either the punting return job or kickoff job. Nah thats no reason to get rid of your nickel CB. (unfortunately there is a slary cap and most owners don't try to cheat like Pat Bowlen)

http://cache.jezebel.com/assets/images/39/2011/10/medium_suicideb.gif

broncocalijohn
09-03-2012, 11:26 AM
http://cache.jezebel.com/assets/images/39/2011/10/medium_suicideb.gif

I see the blood coming from offscreen behind the side curtain. Fake!

swaiy
09-03-2012, 11:27 AM

no CGI Hilarious!

55CrushEm
09-03-2012, 11:31 AM
No I said the offense was going to be top five. The defense i said all it has to do is improve to average 15 and Raiders were going to be tough to beat.

Raiders?? A top 5 offense?!?!?!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :spit:

Ok.....just super quick....of the top of my head.....it's easy to come up with 5 better offenses.

1. GB
2. NO
3. NE
4. Hou
5. Atl

Not to mention Detroit, Denver and probably Chicago, San Diego, NY Giants. Heck, if Vick stays healthy Philly too.

Raiders....a top 5 NFL offense?!?!?!?! Not even close.

Bacchus
09-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Just ask Broncos' fans what Peyton does to nicklebacks.

Bacchus
09-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Raiders?? A top 5 offense?!?!?!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :spit:

Ok.....just super quick....of the top of my head.....it's easy to come up with 5 better offenses.

1. GB
2. NO
3. NE
4. Hou
5. Atl

Not to mention Detroit, Denver and probably Chicago, San Diego, NY Giants. Heck, if Vick stays healthy Philly too.

Raiders....a top 5 NFL offense?!?!?!?! Not even close.

I believe he meant a top 25 offense.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-03-2012, 11:47 AM
News: Raiders sign guy nobody has ever heard of.

Views: Huh? That's not news.

DenverBrit
09-03-2012, 11:59 AM

With that said I think this defense has a chance to be alot better- now say top ten. Raiders have the best Dline in the AFc west and it's very deep. The biggest improvement is at LB. Phillip Wheeler will be an impact player for them .(can do it all very well- cover, support the run and rush the passer) R Mcclain is in a lot better shape physically this year. Raiders need both to stay healthy .
Raiders scheme is light years better this year. Going to put alot of players in position to do what they do best. Going to be extremely tough to run on the Raiders this year.

In the AFC West!

broncocalijohn
09-03-2012, 12:28 PM
This thread is hilarious...

Not quite as good as these postings by Raider9175 in this linked thread...

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3625113#post3625113

broncosteven
09-03-2012, 02:05 PM

Maybe after this guy gets cut next week you can pickup Alphonso Smith and see if he lasts more than a week.

Agamemnon
09-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Not quite as good as these postings by Raider9175 in this linked thread...

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3625113#post3625113

Top 5 offense... Hilarious!

broncosteven
09-03-2012, 02:33 PM
News: Raiders sign guy nobody has ever heard of.

Views: Huh? That's not news.

This thread is like walking up and down you block on trash day, finding an old toilet in the garbage and then bragging to your neighbors that you have the best toilet on the block.

Bacillus Anthracis
09-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Dude what are you talking about Your spending your time on Bronco's board too long. (it warped your brain) Do you know the numbers C Palmer put up on the chargers defense last year. The chargers Cb's can't hang with the Raiders Wr. NJow throw in a healthy DMC and I wouldn't want to play on that SD defense monday night.

You think Raiders are going to score 14 points only your sadly mistaken. They will get that by end of first quarter.

Last year was last year and it was under a different coach with a different scheme that suited a strong armed pocket passer throwing to receivers who werre acquired due to their ability to get deep fast. Both Ford and Moore may be out. And even if they aren't, Moore has seen about 5 on the field reps in the last 8 months. We could be starting DHB and Streater, with Criner in the slot. That's two rookies.

And I didn't say the Raiders would score 14, they might score 9. The one consistent thing with the offense in preseason was the inability to punch it into the endzone. We've moved it well between the 20s with our starting O but in the redzone they've been ass in every single instance. That points to our 0-linemen not being ideally suited to the ZBS.

And have you noticed how poorly the STs have played in every single game in the preseason? That's one of the few authentic parts of the game in preseason and it's been bad. We don't have a designated kick or punt returner and our coverage units have been terrible.

What about our TEs? You were on about Ausberry but the guy caught about 2 passes in the preseason despite the fact that he had a lot of starting and second team reps. He can't block and obviously he ain't much to write home about in the passing game. Myers is a good blocker but a mediocre pass catcher. And the TE position is supposed to be effective in this system.

I'm also not thick enough to underestimate Rivers, although he'll be limited due to his UFA LT. Their running game won't do much either. Their defense will likely be better as well as will their special teams.

If we score a lot of points I'll be shocked. Pleasantly so, but still shocked. We can win it, but it'll be butt ugly.

Bacillus Anthracis
09-03-2012, 02:50 PM
sounds like they are trying a restart, after Davis' passing. Did Mark Davis hire McKenzie?

Yeah, Mark Davis hired him; and it'll probably turn out to be a good hire. But he's gone overboard with getting rid of everything having to do with Al. I get the vibe he wants to rebuild the team in his image or at least in a more modern image, for better or worse. We only needed the D to be improved in order to field a 10-6 team this year but McKenzie scrapped it all; like we went 2-14 last year.

Changes definately needed to be made and not just in terms of on the field. The whole culture needed revamping. But there were good things that should have been left alone. Al was past his prime but that doesn't mean he did everything wrong.

Fight_On!
09-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Typical homer response from most of you. If said player signs with your favorite team...."solid pick"......"he may work out".....etc.....signs with a rival ....."the guy sucks"...."stupid move"....etc.

I say....meh.....let's see what happens....he may pan out.....he may not.

DENVERDUI55
09-03-2012, 05:28 PM

.Yeah look at the studs he put out there last year for us. We got straight up torched in nickle and dime setups.

Fight_On!
09-03-2012, 05:34 PM

Same old Raiders that would typicaly whoop
Denver and built a commanding overall series vs the Broncos? Yup....I agree.

DBroncos4life
09-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Typical homer response from most of you. If said player signs with your favorite team...."solid pick"......"he may work out".....etc.....signs with a rival ....."the guy sucks"...."stupid move"....etc.

Hilarious! most people in this thread asked who he was!

swaiy
09-03-2012, 06:37 PM

So what you are saying is that you were expecting us to congratulate the Raiders on an outstanding (sarcasm) pick up. We are supposed to tell you that this guy puts your defense over the top, right? You do realize this is a Broncos message board, right?

DomCasual
09-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Because the only thing standing between the Raiders and the Lombardi Trophy was a good nickle cornerback.

maher_tyler
09-03-2012, 07:16 PM

I have never heard of the guy honestly...

I didn't look at who the thread starter was before i clicked on it. I thought it was going to be one of the locals around here making fun of the Raiders...turns out, it was a Raiders fan being serious!

Fight_On!
09-03-2012, 07:24 PM
So what you are saying is that you were expecting us to congratulate the Raiders on an outstanding (sarcasm) pick up. We are supposed to tell you that this guy puts your defense over the top, right? You do realize this is a Broncos message board, right?

Yes I do realize the type of message board this is and nope that is not what I meant. :wave:

DENVERDUI55
09-03-2012, 07:30 PM

Well we aren't hyping the guy to put your defense "Over the top"!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fxMBAjp6PhI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Never heard of the bum and he has been around awhile.

Fight_On!
09-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Well we aren't hyping the guy to put your defense "Over the top"!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fxMBAjp6PhI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Never heard of the bum and he has been around awhile.

Neither am I :wave:

SoCalBronco
09-03-2012, 07:41 PM
Oakland should have kept DVD.

DeuceOfClub
09-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Will it be fair to say that the best thing happened to the Raiders in the last 10 years was that their owner and founder died?

Dynasty!

broncocalijohn
09-03-2012, 07:45 PM

I am going to try to be nice here because you have one killer avatar.

DO YOU NOT REALIZE THAT YOUR RETARDED FAIDER FAN started this thread at a Broncos board? Most here have no frickin clue who the dude was! Faider fan thinks this is the guy to put the Raiders over the top and into TOP 10 defense. Why in the **** first, to acknowledge someone that is barely known and 2nd, ridicule the **** out of the complete retard? If I went to the Faiders board back 6 months ago and said we(Broncos) just got Manning, I would hope there would be some decent discussion on him (I wouldn't hold my breath with Raider retards) since he is a future HOF QB and plays a position that can change a team instantly. Blowhard comes in talking about a nickel back for God sakes! You start a thread on a rival board about a nickel back that just got cut from a 4th round rookie? Puhleeeeaze!

If we got him, first Maner to reply would have had something special to add to the conversation and it would have been in jest. Well, two choices. One is "He would break off 2k interceptions in our system" and the other is a picture. Please Maners, show him our response. Raider fan would take it seriously though.

Fight_On!
09-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Will it be fair to say that the best thing happened to the Raiders in the last 10 years was that their owner and founder died?

Dynasty!

The best thing to happen to the Raiders was winning the AFC Championship 10 years ago. The change of ownership may or may not be a positive. Sure, the last 9 years of Al's ownership of the team was not legendary....but Al was very successful in the 50+ years he owned the team. In fact, he made the Raiders the MOST successful team overall in the AFC West.

Fight_On!
09-03-2012, 07:54 PM
I am going to try to be nice here because you have one killer avatar.

DO YOU NOT REALIZE THAT YOUR RETARDED FAIDER FAN started this thread at a Broncos board? Most here have no frickin clue who the dude was! Faider fan thinks this is the guy to put the Raiders over the top and into TOP 10 defense. Why in the **** first, to acknowledge someone that is barely known and 2nd, ridicule the **** out of the complete retard? If I went to the Faiders board back 6 months ago and said we(Broncos) just got Manning, I would hope there would be some decent discussion on him (I wouldn't hold my breath with Raider retards) since he is a future HOF QB and plays a position that can change a team instantly. Blowhard comes in talking about a nickel back for God sakes! You start a thread on a rival board about a nickel back that just got cut from a 4th round rookie? Puhleeeeaze!

If we got him, first Maner to reply would have had something special to add to the conversation and it would have been in jest. Well, two choices. One is "He would break off 2k interceptions in our system" and the other is a picture. Please Maners, show him our response. Raider fan would take it seriously though.

I do realize who started the post....I guess I should have stated it as an over all homer response which infects ALL message boards. Heck, I have made a case on the Raiders boards that Manning will have a good year if he stays healthy and that he is the ONE and ONLY reason the Donkeys should be favored in the West.

DENVERDUI55
09-03-2012, 07:55 PM
I do realize who started the post....I guess I should have stated it as an over all homer response which infects ALL message boards. Heck, I have made a case on the Raiders boards that Manning will have a good year if he stays healthy and that he is the ONE and ONLY reason the Donkeys should be favored in the West.

What Raider board are you on? I need one to join.

Maximus
09-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Oakland should have kept DVD.

Absolutely NOT!!!! Phillip Buchanan clone... never played the ball or turned his head. He was a penalty flag magnet. Hansen had 1 flag all season last year and gave up 2 scores...

Hanson thrown at 42 times 21 completions against him for 232 yards... 2 TD's given up... 0 interceptions for an 82.6 rating. Not bad at all... Pretty reliable... DVD could give up 200+ yards 2 tds and 21 passes in 1 game!!!

SoCalBronco
09-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Absolutely NOT!!!! Phillip Buchanan clone... never played the ball or turned his head. He was a penalty flag magnet. Hansen had 1 flag all season last year and gave up 2 scores...

Hanson thrown at 42 times 21 completions against him... 2 TD's given up... 0 interceptions for an 82.6 rating. Not bad at all... Pretty reliable... DVD could give up 200+ yards 2 tds and 21 passes in 1 game!!!

DVD has alot of natural talent and can run with anyone. Unfortunately, he's been poorly coached throughout his college career by Randy Shannon. He showed some flashes for Oakland. You made a mistake. If he gets into a stable situation, he'll be a good player.

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Fight on? You do realize the record the raiders have had since early 2000s. They are among the worst in the league. Decade of 5-11.

Must suck having kiffin 2xs.

DENVERDUI55
09-03-2012, 08:16 PM

Never heard someone so excited over a #4 CB (that had been cut 2x by the eagles) getting signed to be the #3 CB. Wow your homerism is up there with the Teblow and Slowshon homers.

Fight_On!
09-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Fight on? You do realize the record the raiders have had since early 2000s. They are among the worst in the league. Decade of 5-11.

Must suck having kiffin 2xs.

Yes, and you do realize that in the history of the AFC West....the Raiders are the most successful team even with those horrible years you mention. Looking back at Al's career....he was overall a winner. He is in the HOF! Now that the man is gone, you have to look over his whole body of work, not just the 2000's.

Elway was 2-4 in the SB's.....he only one the big one very late in his career. Does that mean he is not the best QB to ever come out of the AFC west? I mean Plunkett was 2 for 2. No....and Elway had some lean years too.

BTW...Kiffin and Al were not a good "match". But he has done a great job in USC considering what the school has gone through. They have a chance at the National Title!

swaiy
09-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Never heard someone so excited over a #4 CB (that had been cut 2x by the eagles) getting signed to be the #3 CB. Wow your homerism is up there with the Teblow and Slowshon homers.

At least Moreno is #2 :~ohyah!:

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Yes, and you do realize that in the history of the AFC West....the Raiders are the most successful team even with those horrible years you mention. Looking back at Al's career....he was overall a winner. He is in the HOF! Now that the man is gone, you have to look over his whole body of work, not just the 2000's.

Elway was 2-4 in the SB's.....he only one the big one very late in his career. Does that mean he is not the best QB to ever come out of the AFC west? I mean Plunkett was 2 for 2. No....and Elway had some lean years too.

BTW...Kiffin and Al were not a good "match". But he has done a great job in USC considering what the school has gone through. They have a chance at the National Title!

I guess since I didn't exist back then when all those wins we're happening that i don't think too much of it. They do have a history littered with success, but I'd rather be a fan of a team that does it in a relative modern era. An era where Im actually alive to watch the games.

I see you added an extra loss for Elway in there.

Maximus
09-03-2012, 08:26 PM
DVD has alot of natural talent and can run with anyone. Unfortunately, he's been poorly coached throughout his college career by Randy Shannon. He showed some flashes for Oakland. You made a mistake. If he gets into a stable situation, he'll be a good player.

I agree that he has great potential, but he just doesn't have awareness. He always showed flashes but never put it all together. It's not that hard to learn how to turn your head to look for the ball when the WR does the same. He couldn't learn that basic skill.

We need solid players who will perform the basics and be in the right spots even if they don't flash. The old "potential" argument left with Al Davis. I think you will see a no name secondary play very well because they are disciplined and they will benefit from a better defensive scheme.

Fight_On!
09-03-2012, 08:30 PM
I guess since I didn't exist back then when all those wins we're happening that i don't think too much of it. They do have a history littered with success, but I'd rather be a fan of a team that does it in a relative modern era. An era where Im actually alive to watch the games.

I see you added an extra loss for Elway in there.

oops. your right, I counted the Denver's loss to the Cowboys in the 70's. He was 2-3. Since you may have not been alive back then...does it matter? Were you alive when Elway was loosing SB's? :)

Well, the hope in Raiders Nation is that the Raiders will be "modernized" and that it brings success.

Fight_On!
09-03-2012, 08:33 PM
I agree that he has great potential, but he just doesn't have awareness. He always showed flashes but never put it all together. It's not that hard to learn how to turn your head to look for the ball when the WR does the same. He couldn't learn that basic skill.

We need solid players who will perform the basics and be in the right spots even if they don't flash. The old "potential" argument left with Al Davis. I think you will see a no name secondary play very well because they are disciplined and they will benefit from a better defensive scheme.

Let's hope so bro. The D-line should be a beast for O-lines to handle vs the run or pass with the "modern" d being installed.This should help the DB's. The players seemed pumped and rejuvenated about playing in this D and it's creativity.

Houshyamama
09-03-2012, 08:34 PM
This is bad news for us (the Raiders) and good news for the rest of the division. It's the 3rd DB the we've brought in in the last week. How a defense improves when it has 3 DBs who will have been on the team for all of a week when the regular season begins is beyond me.

It doesn't matter if these guys were Probowlers or scrubs, it's going to take them at least a month, if not longer to get up to any kind of speed. And if an injury occurs to a starter, that means one of these dudes is going to be thrown into the fire against the likes of Rivers, Roethlisberger, and Manning all in the space of 4 games.

And what's really puzzling is that the D has looked good in preseason. But here's the deal: Reggie McKenzie has gone about dismantling the entire team as much as possible, getting rid of everything whether it was good or bad. The D needed to be changed dramatically, so good.

Not only that, our STs were pretty good but McKenzie ****canned John Fassel, the special teams coach. And if the preseason has been any indication, ST is now going to be the weakest element of the team.

This sounds a lot like McDaniels.

swaiy
09-03-2012, 08:36 PM
This sounds a lot like McDaniels.

That's the same thought I had. I'm wondering if he's just setting them back

Maximus
09-03-2012, 08:40 PM
Let's hope so bro. The D-line should be a beast for O-lines to handle vs the run or pass with the "modern" d being installed.This should help the DB's. The players seemed pumped and rejuvenated about playing in this D and it's creativity.

You are absolutely right about the DLine. There is a huge difference in the way they play from last year to this already. Seeing our LB's being able to run down hill, stay in their gaps and take correct angles is all because of our DLine not allowing blockers to get to the second level. Vast improvement on defense. I can't wait for live action!!!

swaiy
09-03-2012, 08:42 PM
You guys gonna kiss?

Fight_On!
09-03-2012, 08:44 PM
You guys gonna kiss?

Nah.... we'll let you Donkey fans keep that tradition amongst your fellow Donkey bros. :yayaya:Hilarious!

Maximus
09-03-2012, 08:46 PM
LOL There was a lot of Teblowing going on around here last season too :rofl:

errand
Who?

This ^

Never heard of this mother****er....and I'm sure there is a reason why.

Fight_On!
You are absolutely right about the DLine. There is a huge difference in the way they play from last year to this already. Seeing our LB's being able to run down hill, stay in their gaps and take correct angles is all because of our DLine not allowing blockers to get to the second level. Vast improvement on defense. I can't wait for live action!!!

Oh ya.....love to see Kelly and the D-line do more of this.....just doesn't get old....:giggle:

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb437/ssporras1977/392247A7-A544-473E-8F87-37B456451E9E-2429-0000022182F23C4C.jpghttp://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb437/ssporras1977/309D8E8C-FEE7-4D52-B080-5343771B37E3-2429-0000022403BB42F2.jpg

errand
09-03-2012, 08:51 PM
The best thing to happen to the Raiders was winning the AFC Championship 10 years ago. The change of ownership may or may not be a positive. Sure, the last 9 years of Al's ownership of the team was not legendary....but Al was very successful in the 50+ years he owned the team. In fact, he made the Raiders the MOST successful team overall in the AFC West.

Yeah, and Johnny Weismuller use to hold all the world's swimming records...so what's your point?

Fight_On!
09-03-2012, 08:53 PM
Yeah, and Johnny Weismuller use to hold all the world's swimming records...so what's your point?

SMH....now that the man is dead.....you look at his WHOLE body of work.

Maximus
Oh ya.....love to see Kelly and the D-line do more of this.....just doesn't get old....:giggle:

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb437/ssporras1977/392247A7-A544-473E-8F87-37B456451E9E-2429-0000022182F23C4C.jpghttp://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb437/ssporras1977/309D8E8C-FEE7-4D52-B080-5343771B37E3-2429-0000022403BB42F2.jpg

LOL There will be plenty of that... Our Dline is massive and completely on board with the new regime. I'm not gonna say much now... but Ole Max is smiling and waiting for Donkey Week... Pass happy offense with an undersized Oline... chomping!!!

bronco militia
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/433/075/131670859_crop_650x440.jpg?1320652524

Maximus
09-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Ha! Notice how Tommy Kelly beat the snot out of your QB and your OLineman... but it took 2 donkey's to tackle Our QB... LOL

Fight_On!
09-03-2012, 09:03 PM
DMC loves playing the Donkeys. :yayaya:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEFDTLRvlOc

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb437/ssporras1977/DMC124802238_crop_650x440.jpg

Fight_On!
09-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Ha! Notice how Tommy Kelly beat the snot out of your QB and your OLineman... but it took 2 donkey's to tackle Our QB... LOL

The face on the Donkey OL'man is priceless. Ya I see Palmer getting sack....but...damn......just doesn't compare. Hilarious!

swaiy
09-03-2012, 09:06 PM
http://www.insight-security.com/images/met-wand-group4-01-b.jpg

http://www.garrett-detector.com/images/Garrett-MT5500-security-walk-through-metal-detector.jpg

I don't imagine too many Raider fans at away games.

Fight_On!
09-03-2012, 09:08 PM
http://www.insight-security.com/images/met-wand-group4-01-b.jpg

http://www.garrett-detector.com/images/Garrett-MT5500-security-walk-through-metal-detector.jpg

I don't imagine too many Raider fans at away games.

Hilarious! Nice try, thank you for playing.....:wave:
BTW...the DUCKS will get crushed by the men of Troy! Fight on!

swaiy
09-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Hilarious! Nice try, thank you for playing.....:wave:
BTW...the DUCKS will get crushed by the men of Troy! Fight on!

Maybe. Maybe not. I'm probably not as emotionally invested as most people growing up as an Army brat. I have no home lol.

Fight_On!
09-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Maybe. Maybe not. I'm probably not as emotionally invested as most people growing up as an Army brat. I have no home lol.

You too? Damn....ok I know where your coming from. Though I was the army brat way back in the 80's. We were stationed in Stuttgart, Germany(during the cold war - East/West Berlin days) and El Paso, Texas (ugh) to name a few.

Raider Bill
09-04-2012, 07:31 AM

DVD is horrible. As a corner you either have to win the battle at the snap (like Asomougha) or win the battle once the ball is out (like Asante Samuel) DVD did neither. Revis can do both, not many can though.

In either case Hansen represents an upgrade. He was caught up in a numbers game. Teams were circling the Eagles like sharks waiting for them to cut one of those DE's and it didnt happen. It's not like Boykin was a scrub, he was probably a 1st-2nd round guy who fell due to concussions. Plus he returns punts freeing up a roster spot to keep the 11 or 12 defensive linemen the Eagles kept.

bronco militia
09-04-2012, 08:13 AM

holy crap....you can't argue wtih retarded

see you sept 30

Beantown Bronco
09-04-2012, 08:20 AM

When was the last time you could say that about the Raiders? That unit has pretty much single handedly won you guys a few games over the last decade or so. Without that, it could get even uglier than normal.

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-04-2012, 08:27 AM
oops. your right, I counted the Denver's loss to the Cowboys in the 70's. He was 2-3. Since you may have not been alive back then...does it matter? Were you alive when Elway was loosing SB's? :)

Well, the hope in Raiders Nation is that the Raiders will be "modernized" and that it brings success.

Yep I was alive for the broncos superbowls except their first one. I got tormented by a playground full of niner fans.

Fight_On!
09-04-2012, 09:04 AM
holy crap....you can't argue wtih retarded

see you sept 30

Can't wait

bronco militia
09-04-2012, 09:28 AM
:)

Can't wait

Kaylore
09-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Oh noes! We're all scared of Joselio Hansen! ::)

Bacillus Anthracis
09-04-2012, 10:11 AM
:)

That is a great picture, but not as good as my new avatar.

Fight_On!
09-04-2012, 10:20 AM
That is a great picture, but not as good as my new avatar.

Hilarious!

broncocalijohn
09-04-2012, 10:24 AM
I think it is time to show Fight On! The awesome 100 yard run Hayward Bey ran after an interception. Pure speed too! Anyone have it?

Raider9175
09-04-2012, 10:43 AM
I think it is time to show Fight On! The awesome 100 yard run Hayward Bey ran after an interception. Pure speed too! Anyone have it?

This is my favorite tape. Tom Tom I don't hear you Tom.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpPJ6X1wjIE

Kaylore
09-04-2012, 11:51 AM
That's a great video. You should dig up the ol' 1983 game tape too. Nothing like living in the past and pretending it's happening right now! When Palmer gets picked by Bailey twice in a game again and comes to the sideline, I'll be sure to mail him a sharpie he can use to sign McFadden's cast he's inevitably going to be wearing after week four. Then you guys can pretend Ronald Reagan is talking about Kelly as a weapon of mass destruction and play a game of Raider toast.

Requiem
09-04-2012, 12:00 PM
A Raiders and U$C fan? God, that is terrible.

DeuceOfClub
09-11-2012, 07:30 AM
Joselio Hansen FTW

Ronald Bartell is out for at least six weeks with a shoulder blade injury

DBroncos4life
09-12-2012, 12:02 PM

Hilarious!

Pick Six
09-12-2012, 12:48 PM

Then, it definitely deserves to be in a Raiders thread...:raidersux

broncocalijohn
09-16-2012, 07:38 PM
How is that nickel back reject from Philly doing for you now Faider fan?

Just to remind everyone of the typical Faider fan on the Mane...

Yep, that awesome defense...lol

broncosteven
09-16-2012, 07:41 PM
How is that nickel back reject from Philly doing for you now Faider fan?

Just to remind everyone of the typical Faider fan on the Mane...

Yep, that awesome defense...lol

The butt-pirates are a complete team now!

LOL

What a thread!

swaiy
09-16-2012, 07:42 PM
Lmao i was just about to dig this up.

DBroncos4life
09-16-2012, 07:48 PM
Oaklands O is pretty prolific top 5 for sure! Ha!

errand
09-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Reggie Bush had 176 yards rushing...while McFadden had 22 yards on 11 carries (2.0 ypa)
Imagine what Manning and McGahee is going to do to these clowns

broncocalijohn
09-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Reggie Bush had 176 yards rushing...while McFadden had 22 yards on 11 carries (2.0 ypa)

All depends on how well Matt Leinhart does on the field.

See what I did there?

R8R H8R
09-16-2012, 08:32 PM

That is embarrassing...or so it should be.

broncswin
09-16-2012, 08:40 PM
Sure is quiet in here....you can always tell when the season starts...it turns into raider Hiber nation

Doggcow
09-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Lol these kids and KC thinking they had a shot at the division.

DENVERDUI55
09-16-2012, 09:21 PM

Something tells me you won't be posting for awhile.

Kaylore
09-16-2012, 09:23 PM
August Raider fan: We're taking the west! We're going to dominate you!

September Raider fan: This is part of the plan. We're three years away.

broncocalijohn
09-16-2012, 09:27 PM
August Raider fan: We're taking the west! We're going to dominate you!

September Raider fan: This is part of the plan. We're three years away.

The West? They think they are going to the Super Bowl every year.

Kaylore
09-16-2012, 09:28 PM
The West? They think they are going to the Super Bowl every year.

So true.

Ambiguous
09-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Something tells me you won't be posting for awhile.

Hahaha between USC and and the Raiders ****ting the bed this weekend, I don't blame him.

That said, Joselio Hansen was ****ing lights out today.

Bronco Boy
09-30-2012, 03:14 PM

Bump?

Bronco Boy
09-30-2012, 03:54 PM

I am really liking what I see in the Raiders defensive scheme this year, especially in this Broncos game. Hopefully they can keep it up all year! Lulz.

broncosteven
09-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Hansen was awesome today he kept us under 40 points!

DBroncos4life
09-30-2012, 04:10 PM
Hansen was awesome today he kept us under 40 points!

Missing piece is epic, take notice AFC west

Kaylore
09-30-2012, 04:11 PM

lol

broncocalijohn
09-30-2012, 05:50 PM
but but Raiders have injuries at CB. This Hanson guy isnt a miracle worker.

Stupid, dumbass Faider fan. There are only a few that are realist but we only have a few here.

GreasyQtip
09-30-2012, 06:04 PM
http://prod.images.broncos.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BRONCOS/assets/images/imported/DEN/photos/clubimages/2012/09-September/temp120930_Bakke55--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720

theAPAOps5
09-30-2012, 06:08 PM
The original post to this thread is so awesome to read and read again.

Ambiguous
09-30-2012, 06:46 PM
The original post to this thread is so awesome to read and read again.

I love Raiders fans. Does anyone remember Tyrell whatever from last year? Just about everything he would say would comically blow up in his face almost immediately. Probably the funniest threads I've ever read on here.

This one hasn't disappointed though.

bronco militia
09-30-2012, 06:51 PM
http://prod.images.broncos.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BRONCOS/assets/images/imported/DEN/photos/clubimages/2012/09-September/temp120930_Bakke55--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720

what an oustanding picture

**** YOU RAIDERS

theAPAOps5
09-30-2012, 07:06 PM
I love Raiders fans. Does anyone remember Tyrell whatever from last year? Just about everything he would say would comically blow up in his face almost immediately. Probably the funniest threads I've ever read on here.

LOL I forgot about him until I read your post. He literally would say something and then the next thing you know the opposite happened. The best was when he was gloating and saying the Raiders were in first place, before the game ended. Then they proceeded to lose!

broncocalijohn
09-30-2012, 07:12 PM

Big whoooopie Doo! I dont see one helmet flying off a Faiders head. Therefore, MacGahee failed.

lonestar
09-30-2012, 07:17 PM

used to be a moron called raider joe on the old mania site.. same thing would crow about the players they got each year.. Gallery was one of his favs..

would rave about them till our first game each year and then disappear till the next draft..

Almost felt sorry for him he really believed the cap aldavis was handing out..

lonestar
09-30-2012, 07:18 PM

How did that work out for you today?Hilarious!

DENVERDUI55
09-30-2012, 07:26 PM
This Raiders defense is no joke THEY ARE THE WORST IN THE LEAGUE.

Fixed.

maven
09-30-2012, 07:27 PM

Haven't seen this thread, just wowsa!

Hilarious!

Ambiguous
09-30-2012, 07:34 PM
LOL I forgot about him until I read your post. He literally would say something and then the next thing you know the opposite happened. The best was when he was gloating and saying the Raiders were in first place, before the game ended. Then they proceeded to lose!

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100101