PDA

View Full Version : How many games will the Denver Broncos win in the 2012 season?

Gort
09-02-2012, 01:07 PM
might as well have a poll...let's see who the believers (homers?), realists, and doubters really are.

Marshall Dumervil
09-02-2012, 01:12 PM
I feel great about this year, even with a tough schedule. 11-12

Gort
09-02-2012, 01:12 PM
put me in the realist/doubter category.

no matter what happens with Manning, i think the schedule is just too tough, we're lacking depth, and still have alot of questions about this team. 2012 is a warm-up for 2013. i expect 2013 to be Manning's/Elway's/Fox's first serious run toward a SB.

SoCalBronco
09-02-2012, 01:14 PM
About 10. We are probably a little better than that, but the tough schedule will depress the win total a little bit.

Requiem
09-02-2012, 01:20 PM
I think this is a solid football team. I think we max out at 10 or 11 wins. The schedule and lack of depth in certain areas is the only reason I wouldn't predict more.

New England, New Orleans, Baltimore, Atlanta and Houston are all pretty tough games, IMHO. Not to mention the Steelers opening day. I think that we will do pretty good in our division, but still expect a loss or two.

AmericanBroncFan
09-02-2012, 01:32 PM
The defense won 8 games without a QB last year. This year we win 11+

R8R H8R
09-02-2012, 01:41 PM
My prediction of 11 or 12 is based on the assumption that Manning is healthy for all 16 games. I think that the Broncos, even outside of Manning, is a better team this year than it was last year, and as we all know, we had a very limited passing game last year and still won 8 games and the Division.

Bacchus
09-02-2012, 02:57 PM
I said nine early I feel more confident now in 10 wins, lucky me it is the same on the multiple choice.

Bacchus
09-02-2012, 03:00 PM
I can see Ramblin Bronco is not on board the Broncos' Bandwagon

lonestar
09-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Said 6 after the draft have upped it to 7-8.

Still not sure of DL stopping the Running game or putting pressure on Qb without blitzing.

Not sure that Manning will have his skill players and OL tuned in till mid year..

While they looked good in the preseason it was only PRESEASON.

There will not be a team we play tht will be looking past us and not getting sky high to play PM.

Unlike last year when everyone w as looking past DEN and the joke our Offense was..

Punisher
09-02-2012, 03:36 PM

^5

Broncos4tw
09-02-2012, 03:40 PM
A healthy PFM guarantees 12 wins. An 85% PFM guarantees 10 imo. Add a couple more due to defensive wins.. we are looking at 12 wins at least.

Gcver2ver3
09-02-2012, 04:59 PM
People putting too much stock in this "tough schedule" logic... its a fallacy...

Too much change over each year in a team vs expectations.... every year a handful of teams we thought would be good sucks and vice versa...

If denver is as good as i think and hope.... 11 or 12 wins is within reason...

Kaylore
09-02-2012, 05:01 PM
I say 10-6. 11-5 if things go well. 9-7 if they do not.

canadianbroncosfan
09-02-2012, 05:23 PM
I say 10-6. 11-5 if things go well. 9-7 if they do not.

Pretty spot on with my range. 9-11 wins. Given how tough our schedule is, I'll take 8-8 if it means we make the playoffs again :~ohyah!:

ColoradoDarin
09-02-2012, 06:26 PM
16-0

FYNQ

Los Broncos
09-02-2012, 06:31 PM
I can see Ramblin Bronco is not on board the Broncos' Bandwagon

I aimed low...of course we win more than 4 games.

That way I will never be disappointed.

lonestar
09-03-2012, 02:54 AM
People putting too much stock in this "tough schedule" logic... its a fallacy...

Too much change over each year in a team vs expectations.... every year a handful of teams we thought would be good sucks and vice versa...

So PIT, ATL, HOU, Ne, SAN, NOL, BAL are suddenly going to fold up this coming year?

How many teams over the past few years have looked past DEN on their schedule the past few years. Which means they even as professionals did not get excited about playing them. Comply known as trap games..

Hell DEN has routinely had a couple of them each year the last decade.

And now this year we have Manning anyone really think anyone will not be ready to play us now vs ORTON and Tebow.

How about rethinking those comments.

Sure some teams go down but then some teams get better such as we beat CIN last year with them having a rookie QB do you think they have improved or gotten worse..

Not being logical about those things leads to disappointment down the road..

BMarsh615
09-03-2012, 09:26 AM
I could see Houston, Pitt, and Baltimore slipping some this year. Especially Baltimore, their defense won't be anywhere near as good as at has been. Losing Suggs and Jarrett Johnson will be huge.

orinjkrush
09-03-2012, 09:50 AM
7 or 8. depth all over the roster is a real concern. defense still looks marginal up the middle. and schedule...ugh.

broncocalijohn
09-03-2012, 10:00 AM
might as well have a poll...let's see who the believers (homers?), realists, and doubters really are.

Why would you have us discuss this? No matter what the FO does or say, it doesn't make a damn a difference what we can do. Why discuss it?

See what I did here JohnGalt? For others, see his posts about discussing why we are talking about better QBs than Hanie.

BTW, I would have voted 10 or 11 wins but only 9 or 10 was an option. Outside chance on that 11th win is closer than having only 9 wins.

Gcver2ver3
09-03-2012, 10:32 AM
So PIT, ATL, HOU, Ne, SAN, NOL, BAL are suddenly going to fold up this coming year?

in a word, yes... not saying they all will, but history says some of those teams will underperform...

huge turnover every year in playoff teams... thats a fact...

Pit had oline issues and injury concerns...

Baltimore is old on defense in key spots and lost Suggs, and i Flacco is inconsistent...

by "SAN" are you referring to san diego?... they have massive oline issues, Rivers still looks terrible, and they have unimpressive personnel at WR and on defense...

Hou had one big year, I'm not convinced they are ready for big time yet... lets see this year...

Atl i doubt even makes the playoffs this year... they are tough at home and have explosive offense but defensively they are vunerable and Ryan is inconsistent...

the Saints on paper look strong but obviously the turmoil and suspensionstheyve dealt with this offseason could serve as a distraction...

i'm not saying all the teams you listed will underperform, but history shows they could... nothing is set in stone so i wouldnt just assume those teams mentioned are guaranteed powerhouses...

Durango
09-03-2012, 10:45 AM
About 10. We are probably a little better than that, but the tough schedule will depress the win total a little bit.

This seems the most probable to me. If the schedule were a little easier, the sky might be the limit, but I expect the week-upon-week pounding of top defenses to take a toll on the final record.

Dedhed
09-03-2012, 10:48 AM

How many teams over the past few years have looked past DEN on their schedule the past few years. Which means they even as professionals did not get excited about playing them. Comply known as trap games..

And now this year we have Manning anyone really think anyone will not be ready to play us now vs ORTON and Tebow.

Sure some teams go down but then some teams get better such as we beat CIN last year with them having a rookie QB do you think they have improved or gotten worse..

Not being logical about those things leads to disappointment down the road..We played the 2nd most difficult schedule in the league last year; only the Super Bowl Champions played a more difficult schedule.

You can spout all the specious rationale that you want, but there's no basis for it. To say the Denver was a "trap" game for teams is laughable "logic".

Archer81
09-03-2012, 11:04 AM
11-5.

:Broncos:

Drunk Monkey
09-03-2012, 11:15 AM
10-6 and a playoff win (or close hard fought loss) and I chalk it up as a successful season.

Bob's your Information Minister
09-03-2012, 11:17 AM
I have you guys down for 12 wins.

Punisher
09-03-2012, 11:38 AM
500-0

fdf
09-03-2012, 11:49 AM
500-0

My. You're a real debbie downer.

Bacchus
09-03-2012, 11:58 AM
I could see Houston, Pitt, and Baltimore slipping some this year. Especially Baltimore, their defense won't be anywhere near as good as at has been. Losing Suggs and Jarrett Johnson will be huge.

I see Pitt and Baltimore taking a step back. Especially Pittsburgh. I also agree on Houston. Andre Johnson is getting up there in age and Shaub is always injured or inconsistent.

lonestar
09-03-2012, 03:35 PM
in a word, yes... not saying they all will, but history says some of those teams will underperform...

Baltimore is old on defense in key spots and lost Suggs, and i Flacco is inconsistent...

by "SAN" are you referring to san diego?... they have massive oline issues, Rivers still looks terrible, and they have unimpressive personnel at WR and on defense...

Hou had one big year, I'm not convinced they are ready for big time yet... lets see this year...

Atl i doubt even makes the playoffs this year... they are tough at home and have explosive offense but defensively they are vunerable and Ryan is inconsistent...

the Saints on paper look strong but obviously the turmoil and suspensionstheyve dealt with this offseason could serve as a distraction...

i'm not saying all the teams you listed will underperform, but history shows they could... nothing is set in stone so i wouldnt just assume those teams mentioned are guaranteed powerhouses...
Yet where some of those teams will indeed not be the same as in the past new teams will seemingly take their place.

Like I said most of those teams are stable teams with great staffs and when a Suggs is lost someone else will step up to take his place. While they are not dynasties they are as close as they can be.

I admire most of their GMs and coaching staffs because they are consistent.

Many think that we were a legit 8-8 team last year. I believe without tebow pulling 2-3 games out of his ass. that is not discounting the defense playing crazy good for most of the year. But tebow rallied those teams. To beat teams that looked past us because he was a fluke.

This year NO team will be looking past us NONE. Therefore every team will be ready to play us.
Yes we have had a huge upgrade at QB. But him alone does not make us the playoff team so many think we will be.

Until the rest of the O gets up to his level or better said on his wave length we will be beatable. Might be close games but still beatable.

Every expert I have heard have said that they will not be on that wave length until mid season at best maybe even next year. I already knew that just from watching his offenses kick our asses year after year. But they confirm my thoughts.

Hell LAS odds are 9-7. at least one game better than I think we will be.

lonestar
09-03-2012, 03:40 PM
We played the 2nd most difficult schedule in the league last year; only the Super Bowl Champions played a more difficult schedule.

You can spout all the specious rationale that you want, but there's no basis for it. To say the Denver was a "trap" game for teams is laughable "logic".

You have been drinking to much orange koolaide if you think every team we played was up for us and did not think they almost had a bye week against us.
To the rest of the NFL Tebow was a joke.

Hell to loads of our members he was until he pulled a couple of games out of his ass in the Last few minutes.

Then they got religion and the last 3-4 games proved that Tebow was a joke.

lonestar
09-03-2012, 03:45 PM
I see Pitt and Baltimore taking a step back. Especially Pittsburgh. I also agree on Houston. Andre Johnson is getting up there in age and Shaub is always injured or inconsistent.

Pit is going to come in here motivated to kick our ass while they may be a lesser team than last year we kicked them out of the playoffs

Dick Labue will have his defense ready this time.

Again the reason these teams have been winners for a long time is the staff having a next man up.

I could only hope that John will have the horses down the line the way that BAL NE, HOU, PIT have been.

Mile High Mojoe
09-03-2012, 04:57 PM
The out of conference games will be the ones they probably lose. I think they can win the AFC West with a 10-6 or even a 9-7 record.

SaveusElway15
09-03-2012, 05:01 PM
12-4

Hall of fame QB and a D that's better then advertised..

Broncos VS Giants in New Orleans.

Inkana7
09-03-2012, 05:37 PM
Too early to tell, really. We only got very tiny snippets of what our starters are going to look like, and that's without much game planning. I really can't think of another time when a team so drastically changed from one year to the next. Things definitely feel very good going into this year. We all know what Manning is like, but the defense looks to be a very improved unit, our rookies are performing surprisingly well, and we have some nice options on offense. But until I see them play a full game together, I have no idea how good we can be. Pittsburgh will be an excellent test. They're really banged up, though, so it wouldn't surprise me if we went out to an early lead and never looked back.

colonelbeef
09-04-2012, 11:11 AM
11 games and the AFC West title.

Gort
09-04-2012, 05:48 PM
between 9 and 12 wins is the overwhelming majority of votes. that's fine with me if it happens, i just don't see how it's possible this year. next year is a different story. but for 2012, i'll be shocked if we get that many. i think 9 is possible if we get a bit lucky with injuries and penalties and turnovers.

BTW, for those who think 11 or 12 wins (or more) are likely, keep in mind that we've only reached that win level twice in the last 13 years.

13 wins in 2005.
11 wins in 2000.

it's possible, but it's not the norm for this franchise since Elway retired.

orangeatheist
09-04-2012, 06:54 PM

IF we were playing last year's schedule. With this year's, I'm thinking optimistically 9-10.

Gutless Drunk
12-07-2012, 01:25 PM
looks like it will be 12-4 or 13-3. I don't see a Manning led team losing to the Chiefs or Browns at home.

Requiem
12-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Lonelystar was wrong again.

Kaylore
12-07-2012, 02:00 PM
We won ten. I was right. ;D

broncocalijohn
12-07-2012, 02:06 PM

Not being logical about those things leads to disappointment down the road..

And sure enough Lonestar knows all. Tell us how this works again. We have only lost to the top teams in the league. Every team worse than us had to feel the wrath of Manning and company. I said 10 wins and glad I am wrong. Give me 13 please.

broncocalijohn
12-07-2012, 02:10 PM
The out of conference games will be the ones they probably lose. I think they can win the AFC West with a 10-6 or even a 9-7 record.

MHM is wrong again on conference. We lost to Atlanta and that is it.

Broncos_OTM
12-07-2012, 02:16 PM
Lol every year im drinking the kool aid.i say to hell with it and pick 8 wins.. i was wrong again... happily wrong

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-07-2012, 02:20 PM

Some of these predictions look awful

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Lonelystar was wrong again.

One common theme with those that voted so low.

go_broncos
12-07-2012, 02:26 PM
I said 11 or 12 wins...I AM RIGHT AS ALWAYS...

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-07-2012, 02:28 PM

But all those broncos sucks comments during in game threads pretty much cancel it out.

Old Dude
12-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Too soon to tell. I'll post my prediction in about three weeks. Maybe four.

Bob's your Information Minister
12-07-2012, 02:47 PM
I have you guys down for 12 wins.

Boom.

Bob nailing it again.

Kaylore
12-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Boom.

Bob nailing it again.

So we lose the Ravens game, Bob?

Pick Six
12-07-2012, 03:34 PM

You're not there, yet (but I hope we do get, at least, to 11 or 12 wins)...

Kaylore
12-07-2012, 03:35 PM
My favorite prediction is from go_denethor

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3680647&postcount=6

4-12..Same old broncos

Oleg Gordievsky
12-07-2012, 03:52 PM
Oleg is closer than most of you dumbskies.

Gcver2ver3
12-07-2012, 05:03 PM
Some of these predictions look awful

someone needs to read entire post...

those werent predictions, they were reasons why supposed contenders could potentially not be all that cracked up to be...

and as i said, some teams wont be as good it always happens every year...

Bacchus
12-07-2012, 05:18 PM
I laugh at the homers that picked Denver to win 13 to 14 games this year.....

Bacchus
12-07-2012, 05:19 PM
We won ten. I was right. ;D

We also won 9 so I was right as well!!

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-07-2012, 07:09 PM
someone needs to read entire post...

those werent predictions, they were reasons why supposed contenders could potentially not be all that cracked up to be...

and as i said, some teams wont be as good it always happens every year...

You all but guaranteed Atlanta wouldn't be in. Excuse me I should've said projections not predicitions

You did get the strength of schedule thing right. Teams do falter. Just not the ones you thought would

DENVERDUI55
12-07-2012, 07:32 PM

This is so true.

Gcver2ver3
12-07-2012, 07:47 PM
You all but guaranteed Atlanta wouldn't be in. Excuse me I should've said projections not predicitions

You did get the strength of schedule thing right. Teams do falter. Just not the ones you thought would

not projections or predictions, just listed potential weaknesses of those teams that could cause them to underachieve... in the post i said i wasnt implying all of the teams mentioned would do poorly... i didnt expect all those teams to do poorly, just that its possible for any team predicted to do well to underachieve and i just stated potential reasons why it could have been possible....

i was wrong about ATL, but the overall point of my post i thought was pretty spot on...

Gcver2ver3
12-07-2012, 07:48 PM
This is so true.

agreed... thnx...

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-07-2012, 08:24 PM
not projections or predictions, just listed potential weaknesses of those teams that could cause them to underachieve... in the post i said i wasnt implying all of the teams mentioned would do poorly... i didnt expect all those teams to do poorly, just that its possible for any team predicted to do well to underachieve and i just stated potential reasons why it could have been possible....

i was wrong about ATL, but the overall point of my post i thought was pretty spot on...

Got it. I was assuming. My bad

DENVERDUI55
12-07-2012, 08:29 PM
agreed... thnx...

I always say that too teams always think schedule is harder than it turns out to be or an easy preseason schedule turns into a brute. I guarantee every fan of teams that play the Colts or Rams even said easy win in preseason.