PDA

View Full Version : NFL finally got something right

broncosteven
08-31-2012, 07:58 PM
Used to be there was 10-14 days of pain between PS and the start of the season.

This year there is only 5.

Congrats for the NFL finally getting this right. Most teams don't play their starters much if at all in the last PS game so there isn't a need for a break after the PS ends.

Can't believe football season is here so quickly.

Simply Red
08-31-2012, 09:54 PM

Congrats for the NFL finally getting this right. Most teams don't play their starters much if at all in the last PS game so there isn't a need for a break after the PS ends.

This thread had potential.

Swedish Extrovert
08-31-2012, 09:59 PM
This thread had potential.

I'm sure that's what all those social workers said about you all those years, too.

Swedish Extrovert
08-31-2012, 10:05 PM
I'm going to start using a funny font, too.

How about this one

Swedish Extrovert
08-31-2012, 10:09 PM

I guess it's five till the season starts... gotta wait 9 days for the Broncs though.

Simply Red
08-31-2012, 10:18 PM
I'm sure that's what all those social workers said about you all those years, too.

why do you hate America's team?

broncosteven
08-31-2012, 11:12 PM
I guess it's five till the season starts... gotta wait 9 days for the Broncs though.

So we wait 9 days until the Bronco's play, but since the NFL is starting on a Wednesday night of all nights we only have to wait 5 more days until the start of the football season.

Used to be seasons where after PS was over there would be 10 days to 2 weeks of no new info as teams and players rested until the season started and it was so boring as no new info was out and we had nothing to get all up in arms about or storm the Bastiel(sp?) with.

Maybe I confused some KFC lurkers?

Blueflame
08-31-2012, 11:40 PM

I hate the Cowpies because they suck.

(if the Cheffies were ever considered to be "America's team", it would be depressing...42 years is a LONG time to go without a championship.... and 19 years is a long time to go without a playoff win.)

Kaylore
09-01-2012, 06:30 AM

Because I am communist!

houghtam
09-01-2012, 06:36 AM
There's not enough meth in the world to get me to post in this thread.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-01-2012, 06:45 AM
I was hoping someone made Cee-Lo actually listen to the Ramones, so that he could pronounce his new "fanthem" in a manner that doesn't make me cringe.

RhymesayersDU
09-01-2012, 07:27 AM
Hi guys.

lonestar
09-01-2012, 07:33 AM

Can't believe it took so,long to get here.

Beantown Bronco
09-01-2012, 10:42 AM
There's not enough meth in the world to get me to post in this thread.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XsrU2dMBVUQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

nyuk nyuk
09-01-2012, 10:58 AM
I don't see the value in having the final preseason game a few days before the opener. It means all the starters will be rested and people who paid $100 or more are watching third stringers.