LB (7): Miller, Mays, Woodyard, Irving, Johnson, Trevathan, Brooking
CB (5): Bailey, Porter, Harris, Carter, Bolden
S (5): Adams, Moore, Carter, Leonhard, Bruton

LS (1): Brewer
P (1): Colquitt
K (1): Prater

footstepsfrom#27
08-31-2012, 06:30 PM
Who is on the developmental squad? Or has it been announced yet?

gunns
08-31-2012, 06:43 PM
Green and DJ are on reserve suspended list.

crush17
08-31-2012, 06:46 PM
told you they'd keep 5 safeties Price.

RhymesayersDU
08-31-2012, 06:49 PM
Another riveting copy/paste courtesy of DenverBroncos.com!

Broncos_OTM
08-31-2012, 07:02 PM
Another riveting copy/paste courtesy of DenverBroncos.com!

what's he supposed to do get his markers out. sheesh tough crowd
I'm beginning to wonder if this crowd would eat their first born.

KS Bronco
08-31-2012, 07:41 PM
Excited for Johnson. He was pure energy at KU, following in his fellow alum Harris

broncolife
08-31-2012, 07:48 PM
Im happy Trevathan,Jackson and Johnson made the team.

Im unhappy Haine,Ball and Haine made the team.

I was surprised about Colquitt. I wasnt sure he had the punting job locked up. :)

Aftermath
08-31-2012, 07:53 PM
God f$*$ing dammit!!!! I am so sick of Lance Ball. Johnson is 10x better. I truly do not understand. Also wish Robinson or Orton would have made it over Willis.

Jekyll15Hyde
08-31-2012, 07:54 PM
So Thomas is cut then when Green is off suspension. Good

orange skier
08-31-2012, 08:02 PM
Jeremiah and Robinson have to make thru to the practice squad. Willis dropped too many, Robinson is better. Ayers needs to get it together, he's got a lot of competition coming up. We're better than last year.......much better. The Steeler game is going to be amazing, a great test of this organization. Del Rio is an unsung hero.

phibacka31
08-31-2012, 08:04 PM
The only one I'm really hating is not getting JJ... He's an explosive outside runner...

Bmore Manning
08-31-2012, 08:38 PM
Haine, Gronkowski, Willis, Carter really are inexcusable deadweight and valuable roster spots being occupied..

Chris
08-31-2012, 08:54 PM
The only one I'm really hating is not getting JJ... He's an explosive outside runner...

How was his receiving? Ball can catch.

phibacka31
08-31-2012, 08:55 PM
How was his receiving? Ball can catch.

O he can catch... They split him out wide some last year...

crush17
08-31-2012, 09:00 PM
Haine, Gronkowski, Willis, Carter really are inexcusable deadweight and valuable roster spots being occupied..

Who's saying the FO is done making moves???

There's still the waiver wire.

cmhargrove
08-31-2012, 09:12 PM

Willis could be upgraded for sure, but I believe he will contribute as a backup WR and special teamer - certainly not a waste of space in my book.

Why are you down on Gronkowski? He has been the best performing fullback we have had in a while. If we are going to utilize a FB in the offense, he looks good to me.

broncosteven
08-31-2012, 09:17 PM

Willis is a STer and made some nice plays last year.

Carter is tiny I wouldn't mind seeing him go but he does play very tight in Man.

We are using a FB in this offense so Gronk is safe.

We are keeping 3 QB's until Manning proves his durabilty so he is not going anywhere.

So unless we trade KM or cut Carter to pick up some other teams garbage this is the team we are fielding this year.

ozomulsion
08-31-2012, 09:33 PM

Carter is tiny I wouldn't mind seeing him go but he does play very tight in Man.

We are keeping 3 QB's until Manning proves his durabilty so he is not going anywhere.

So unless we trade KM or cut Carter to pick up some other teams garbage this is the team we are fielding this year.

We're not trading our second best RB, and best receiving back. Get over it! He had a kick ass preseason, and is going to be a big part of this team. GET OVER IT!!

Hulamau
08-31-2012, 10:05 PM

Tony Carter is the right move for 4th corner. The guy can definitely cover! We also need to grab Gerell Robinson on the PS for sure for that sixth WR we can bring up as needed.

Gronkowski, is mostly for added Manning protection and for short yardage holes for McGahee/Hillman ... time will tell whether he is worth the spot.

We really need to land Jeremiah on the PS too as an immeidate plug-in for Moreno, Hillman or Bell should any of them miss time. Also Weber, Garland, Ihenacho, Siliga, maybe Grant and either Blatnick sicne Beal is on IR and out for the year ... or Orton as a 7th WR.

But Robinson is a top priority for PS as a decent backup for DT if he should miss any substantial time. We will likely role with 4 TE's too once Green is back .. unless Julius continues to struggle the first couple weeks and we wind up dropping him for Green?

At least one of those two TE's from last years draft has to perform well and break out this year to become that six and seventh overall receiver for Manning in rotation with Tamme and Dreessen.

Out team looks tons better than last year across the board.

The front 7 is majorly improved with better depth all around, such that I wont at all be surprised if DJ get traded by week 6! Trevathan and Johnson are both keepers for sure and Danny T is going to become a household name very soon around here!

eddie mac
09-01-2012, 01:28 AM
We better pray that none of our first 3 CB's get injured cos Carter and Bolden couldn't cover a statue.

Bacchus
09-01-2012, 01:31 AM
We better pray that none of our first 3 CB's get injured cos Carter and Bolden couldn't cover a statue.

I like Carter and Bolden is a rookie who knows

broncocalijohn
09-01-2012, 01:56 AM

You can say that for most positions but try that out for WR, it would get uglyfor Manning.

I am going to be pissed if we don't utilize Ball after cutting Johnson. Then again, if he stinks it up, might be best he is on the sideline.

UberBroncoMan
09-01-2012, 03:22 AM
So Thomas is cut then when Green is off suspension. Good

The way Elway talked about Thomas, that doesn't look so likely.

The Joker
09-01-2012, 04:21 AM
I wonder if maybe we cut one of the OL guys when Green gets back?

I'd wonder if they're carrying an extra guy because of Kuper's issues. Once he proves he's 100% we might be comfortable to roll with 8 guys.

DJ will take Brooking's spot hopefully.

lonestar
09-01-2012, 04:27 AM
what's he supposed to do get his markers out. sheesh tough crowd
I'm beginning to wonder if this crowd would eat their first born.

Eat their own sure, but better yet probably pissed that they did not get it done first.

lonestar
09-01-2012, 04:42 AM
If anyone really thinks DJ will be brought back after his 6-10 week suspension if Trevainan looks good they are smoking something.
There is little doubt they will drop him if they can not work a trade as I suspect they are tired of his dumb ass stunts.

Hopefully near the time he comes back some other team will be desperate for a warm body at LB..

As for Kupper even if he is healed I doubt he will be his normal self till next year.

I also believe that Thomas will be gone when the other TE comes off suspension that or the FB will be cut. Depending on how much Thomas improves or the Fb is used.

Bacchus
09-01-2012, 05:40 AM
If anyone really thinks DJ will be brought back after his 6-10 week suspension if Trevainan looks good they are smoking something.
There is little doubt they will drop him if they can not work a trade as I suspect they are tired of his dumb ass stunts.

Hopefully near the time he comes back some other team will be desperate for a warm body at LB..

As for Kupper even if he is healed I doubt he will be his normal self till next year.

I also believe that Thomas will be gone when the other TE comes off suspension that or the FB will be cut. Depending on how much Thomas improves or the Fb is used.

I agree, If denver is playing well and the LBers are playing well, DJ will not be brought back. However, injuries happen and after 10 weeks the odds of one of the LBers going down is pretty good.

lonestar
09-01-2012, 06:11 AM
I agree, If denver is playing well and the LBers are playing well, DJ will not be brought back. However, injuries happen and after 10 weeks the odds of one of the LBers going down is pretty good.

Yet there are others tha could be brought in also..

Not like he can practice or be part of the locker room or facities for that 6-10 weeks so any warm body could indeed come in and probably be a back up..

I doubt that both WW or DT wil both be hurt not to mention brookings.

I think that mutt will get cut unless catastrophic injuries happen..

I suspect that they are tired of his dumbassery.

The Joker
09-01-2012, 06:17 AM
If the LB play is great while DJ is out then yeah they'll cut him. It probably won't be though, as our LB's aren't very good.

Unless one of the rookies turns out to be an absolute superstar then DJ will be back.

I'm expecting us to make upgrading the LB corps a priority next year and finally dumping his ass.

Dos Rios
09-01-2012, 06:28 AM
I don't hate the DL rotation. That's progress.

Bacchus
09-01-2012, 06:28 AM
If the LB play is great while DJ is out then yeah they'll cut him. It probably won't be though, as our LB's aren't very good.

Unless one of the rookies turns out to be an absolute superstar then DJ will be back.

I'm expecting us to make upgrading the LB corps a priority next year and finally dumping his ass.

If Trevathan unseats Woodyard at LBer and Woodyard then becomes the utility all around replacement and Brooking comes in and can do what he did last year be a run down type LB that could be enough to keep DJ off.

Steve Johnson also led the team in tackles this preseason. So hopefully we are starting to see the making of a very good LBing core being put together.

The Young backers are Trevathan, Johnson and Irving. Hopefully they keep improving and improving until they are all starters.

Bmore Manning
09-01-2012, 06:31 AM
Who's saying the FO is done making moves???

There's still the waiver wire.

That's a good question..

Bmore Manning
09-01-2012, 06:34 AM
Willis could be upgraded for sure, but I believe he will contribute as a backup WR and special teamer - certainly not a waste of space in my book.

Why are you down on Gronkowski? He has been the best performing fullback we have had in a while. If we are going to utilize a FB in the offense, he looks good to me.

There were better options as a pure blocking FB out there.. I think Denver could have done way better... Especially for a more rounded FB.

lonestar
09-01-2012, 06:38 AM

From what I have heard and seen the LB corp is not as bad as most of y'all seem to think..

having a better DL makes a hell of a difference. And ours seem to have been upgraded BIG TIME..

Everyone have to remember the likely hood of having 3 pro bowlers at the LB spot, in fact excepting the bears and maybe PIT I do not recall more than two on any team..

Bmore Manning
09-01-2012, 06:38 AM

If Manning goes down the season is lost. You would want another early elite player or Caleb Hanie to lead the team to mediocracy? You should have Peyton and Brock and that's it. If Peyton goes down, it's valuable time and experience for Brock, and there will be 0 pressure and expectations on him.

lonestar
09-01-2012, 06:45 AM
If Manning goes down the season is lost. You would want another early elite player or Caleb Hanie to lead the team to mediocracy? You should have Peyton and Brock and that's it. If Peyton goes down, it's valuable time and experience for Brock, and there will be 0 pressure and expectations on him.

That is how I would rather it went. Get the kid face time. And see if he grows with it..

Not to say he should be dumped if it is a disaster but time for them to find out I could care less about winning another game or two with a ass clown that EVERYONE knows will never be good enough to win in the playoffs..

Just makes no sense to me..

Bite the bullet and find out.

Bmore Manning
09-01-2012, 06:45 AM
Tony Carter is the right move for 4th corner. The guy can definitely cover! We also need to grab Gerell Robinson on the PS for sure for that sixth WR we can bring up as needed.

Gronkowski, is mostly for added Manning protection and for short yardage holes for McGahee/Hillman ... time will tell whether he is worth the spot.

We really need to land Jeremiah on the PS too as an immeidate plug-in for Moreno, Hillman or Bell should any of them miss time. Also Weber, Garland, Ihenacho, Siliga, maybe Grant and either Blatnick sicne Beal is on IR and out for the year ... or Orton as a 7th WR.

But Robinson is a top priority for PS as a decent backup for DT if he should miss any substantial time. We will likely role with 4 TE's too once Green is back .. unless Julius continues to struggle the first couple weeks and we wind up dropping him for Green?

At least one of those two TE's from last years draft has to perform well and break out this year to become that six and seventh overall receiver for Manning in rotation with Tamme and Dreessen.

Out team looks tons better than last year across the board.

The front 7 is majorly improved with better depth all around, such that I wont at all be surprised if DJ get traded by week 6! Trevathan and Johnson are both keepers for sure and Danny T is going to become a household name very soon around here!

Nice thoughts, I agree with a portion of this.
Where I disagree is Gronkowski being used in pass protection, he's as solid is pass protection as a parking cone. And Carter couldn't cover his own shadow.
I get the Willis and special team schpeal.. Just think they could do better.

Punisher
09-02-2012, 06:51 AM
Xavier Omon

Punisher
09-02-2012, 07:19 AM
Xavier Omon

Poor guy has been everywhere, players like these will make a nice documentary.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xavier_Omon

Omon made the Buffalo Bills final 53 man roster for the 2008 season. As the team's 3rd string back, he saw very limited action during the regular season, only amassing 6 carries for 5 yards.

In 2009, he had 5 carries for 22 yards before being waived on November 11.

Seattle Seahawks

Omon was signed to the Seattle Seahawks practice squad on November 17, 2009.[3] After his contract expired at the end of the season, Omon was re-signed to a future contract on January 5, 2010.

[4] He was waived on April 6, 2010.[3]

New York Jets

On September 29, 2010, the New York Jets signed Omon to their practice squad following the departure of running back Chauncey Washington.[5] On October 9, the Jets released him from their practice squad.

[6]
San Francisco 49ers

Omon was added to the 49ers practice squad on December 1, 2010,[7] and signed to a Reserve/Future Contract for the 2011 season on January 5, 2011.[8]

After participating in the team's Summer 2011 training camp and preseason games, Omon was released by 49ers on September 3, 2011.[9] The following day, he was signed to the 49ers practice squad.[10] He was released from the practice squad September 12, 2011.

Cleveland Browns

Omon was signed to the Cleveland Browns' practice squad on September 14, 2011.

Denver Broncos

The Denver Broncos signed Omon to their practice squad on November 14, 2011.

After amassing 36 yards rushing and a touchdown on 8 carries in the 2012 NFL Preseason[11], Omon was waived by the Broncos on August 27, 2012.[12]

Garcia Bronco
09-02-2012, 09:13 AM
I don't get the Lance Ball hate. He's a decent back and obviously Manning likes him
enough.

gyldenlove
09-02-2012, 09:28 AM
I don't get the Lance Ball hate. He's a decent back and obviously Manning likes him
enough.

I don't hate him, I just dread him. Whenever he is out there you know big plays are probably not happening and on the flip side you know mistakes are not entirely unlikely to happen.

When Mcgahee is out there you know he can break tackles, even when Knowshon is out there you know he can catch a ball out of the backfield and gain some yards. When Ball is out there, I always get the feeling that we are fine settling for 3 yards on a run and that is probably what is going to happen. Let's be honest, Ball is only here because we are not a very deep team.

uplink
09-02-2012, 10:48 PM
http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/9/1/3284673/2011-vs-2012-position-breakdown

Interesting write-up. I think the CBs are improved and also the safeties due to experience of Carter and Moore, plus Adams and Leonhard are good vet signings. Tightends are much better this year too. With Trevathan, who may be starting before long, the LB depth is better than last year too IMO.

Jetmeck
09-02-2012, 11:46 PM

there you go.............voice of reason.

Lestat
09-03-2012, 11:48 AM
http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/9/1/3284673/2011-vs-2012-position-breakdown

Interesting write-up. I think the CBs are improved and also the safeties due to experience of Carter and Moore, plus Adams and Leonhard are good vet signings. Tightends are much better this year too. With Trevathan, who may be starting before long, the LB depth is better than last year too IMO.

they lost me once this posted this foolishness
CB 2011: Andre Goodman, Jonathan Willhite, Cassius Vaughn,

CB 2012: Omar Bolden, Tony Carter, Tracy Porter

Wow, our only two returning corners are Champ and Chris Harris. I think this is a tough one because I liked Goodman and I think Vaughn is a bit better than Bolden, at least at this point. Still, it's a close one. We didn't really improve so much as shuffle things around.

that's ridiculous, we are severely improved at CB in all phases. it's not even close and Bolden is much better than Vaughn, although lacking in experience.

ZONA
09-03-2012, 06:46 PM
God f$*$ing dammit!!!! I am so sick of Lance Ball. Johnson is 10x better. I truly do not understand. Also wish Robinson or Orton would have made it over Willis.

Yeah, I wanted JJ in place of Ball as well. Between McGahee, Ball and Moreno, you don't have alot of speed there. Hillman has been hamstrung. Really wanted to have a back with good speed.

ZONA
09-03-2012, 06:50 PM

Dead wrong amigo. DJ will start at old spot when he comes back and I bet they try to move Trev inside, because I'm telling you now, between Mays and Irving, it's not looking good there and I think Trev can out play both of those 2 guys. You want your best LB's on the field and DJ is certainly better then Mays and Irving, and even Trev. Would make no sense to leave him out of the picture.

Lestat
09-03-2012, 11:49 PM
if the Broncos were going to cut DJ they would have significantly upgraded the LB position already and cut ties with him once his suspension came down or close to it.

i like Danny T and Wesley W but they are not upgrades over DJ, neither is Brooking at this point of his career. outside of Von, DJ is the best LB one the roster and as much as people like to bitch about his play, we can't replace him right now.

lonestar
09-04-2012, 03:39 AM
if the Broncos were going to cut DJ they would have significantly upgraded the LB position already and cut ties with him once his suspension came down or close to it.

i like Danny T and Wesley W but they are not upgrades over DJ, neither is Brooking at this point of his career. outside of Von, DJ is the best LB one the roster and as much as people like to b**** about his play, we can't replace him right now.

DJ is a moron folks. When are y'all gonna figure that out. ..

Everything that John John and JDR has done since they got here is bring in smart players. LEADERS mostly team captains in college, DJ was reelieved of that duty because of his first DUI.

His numbers are not all that great hell WW had better tackle numbers than moron did starting in 7 less games than moron did.

Get over your love affair with this moron WW and DT will easily place his worthless ass.. John even gets money back when they lose his cap numbers.

Face it he is toast.