PDA

View Full Version : Full Bronco Transaction list on cut day

ND Bronco Fan
08-31-2012, 05:04 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/broncos-set-53-man-roster/

ND Bronco Fan
08-31-2012, 05:05 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – Meet your 2012 Denver Broncos.

On Friday, the club waived or released 19 players — including veteran cornerback Drayton Florence — placed two on the reserve-suspended list and another on injured reserve to reach the regular-season roster limit of 53 players.

Here is a list of the transactions:

FRIDAY’S TRANSACTIONS

NAME
Jeremy Beal
Jamie Blatnick
Rafael Bush
Drayton Florence
Jerry Franklin
Ben Garland
Adam Grant
Virgil Green
Ryan Harris
Jason Hill
Tony Hills
Duke Ihenacho
Cornelius Ingram
Jeremiah Johnson
Mike Mohamed
Greg Orton
Gerell Robinson
Sealver Siliga
Syd’Quan Thompson
Wayne Tribue
Adam Weber
D.J. Williams

POSITION
Defensive end
Defensive end
Safety
Cornerback
Linebacker
Defensive end
Tackle
Tight end
Tackle
Wide receiver
Tackle
Safety
Tight end
Running back
Linebacker
Wide receiver
Wide receiver
Defensive tackle
Cornerback
Guard
Quarterback
Linebacker

EXPERIENCE
R
R
R
R
R

TRANSACTION
Placed on Injured Reserve
Waived
Waived
Released
Waived
Waived
Waived
Placed on Reserve-Suspended List
Released
Released
Released
Waived
Waived
Waived
Waived
Waived
Waived
Waived
Waived
Waived
Waived
Placed on Reserve-Suspended List

Beginning Saturday at 10 a.m. MDT, the Broncos can establish a practice squad of up to eight players. Every player the team waived — except Bush — is eligible for the practice squad.

In addition, the team has the No. 25 waiver priority — based on last season’s record — to claim any players waived from other teams.

Tombstone RJ
08-31-2012, 05:10 PM
By golly Tombstone RJ was right about Mohamed, sorry to all those Mohamed lovers out there... good news is Steven Johnson made the team!

ward63
08-31-2012, 05:13 PM
Of these guys, which eight guys do you want to make the practice squad the most?
Jamie Blatnick
Jerry Franklin
Ben Garland
Adam Grant
Duke Ihenacho
Cornelius Ingram
Jeremiah Johnson
Mike Mohamed
Greg Orton
Gerell Robinson
Sealver Siliga
Syd’Quan Thompson
Adam Weber

Tombstone RJ
08-31-2012, 05:18 PM
Of these guys, which eight guys do you want to make the practice squad the most?
Jamie Blatnick
Jerry Franklin
Ben Garland
Adam Grant
Duke Ihenacho
Cornelius Ingram
Jeremiah Johnson
Mike Mohamed
Greg Orton
Gerell Robinson
Sealver Siliga
Syd’Quan Thompson
Adam Weber

not sure about the 8th guy. Wouldn't mind Franklin because I'm an Arkansas fan.

DarkHorse
08-31-2012, 05:21 PM
Robinson, Weber and Thompson - care less about the next 5 as long as we hang on to these guys. Robinson is a diamond in the rough, we need to secure this guy asap

ward63
08-31-2012, 05:26 PM
I think the eight who make the practice squad will be an interesting decision.

orange skier
08-31-2012, 05:43 PM
Absolutely have to keep Jeremiah Johnson.......he's a beast.

BMarsh615
08-31-2012, 05:45 PM
Jeremiah Johnson and Sydquan aren't practice squad eligible

Jekyll15Hyde
08-31-2012, 06:06 PM
Jamie Blatnick
Jerry Franklin
Ben Garland
Adam Grant
Duke Ihenacho
Cornelius Ingram
Jeremiah Johnson
Mike Mohamed
Greg Orton
Gerell Robinson
Sealver Siliga
Syd’Quan Thompson
Adam Weber

Get the others from other fodder

theAPAOps5
08-31-2012, 06:09 PM

The only player not practice squad eligible is Bush, as announced by the team after the cuts.

Edit: Lindsay Jones just confirmed on Twitter that jeremiah Johnson has PS time left. Was one game away from not having eligibility.

BMarsh615
08-31-2012, 06:13 PM
The only player not practice squad eligible is Bush, as announced by the team after the cuts.

I was wrong on Jeremiah but Sydquan isn't eligible for practice squad

@PostBroncos 7m
Broncos confirm practice squad eligibilty left for Jeremiah Johnson. Looks like he was one more game played away from losing PS eligibility.

@PostBroncos 7m
Last year on IR counted as an accured season for him RT @kentura82: why is Syd'quan not eligible for PS?

Jekyll15Hyde
08-31-2012, 06:14 PM

@PostBroncos 7m
Broncos confirm practice squad eligibilty left for Jeremiah Johnson. Looks like he was one more game played away from losing PS eligibility.

@PostBroncos 7m
Last year on IR counted as an accured season for him RT @kentura82: why is Syd'quan not eligible for PS?

JJ is odd because I know I listened to an interview on the Fan where he talked about having to make the team because he wasnt PS eligible.

theAPAOps5
08-31-2012, 06:14 PM

@PostBroncos 7m

@PostBroncos 7m

Yeah I saw that, although the Broncos, or their blogger at least, think he does!

BMarsh615
08-31-2012, 06:16 PM
@Denver_Broncos Correction: S Rafael Bush has practice squad eligibility remaining, which means 14 of the 15 players the Broncos waived are eligible for PS

BMarsh615
08-31-2012, 06:18 PM
JJ is odd because I know I listened to an interview on the Fan where he talked about having to make the team because he wasnt PS eligible.

I remember hearing Big Al and DMAC saying that both Omon and Johnson were ineligible for practice squad a couple of times

teknic
08-31-2012, 06:18 PM

I'm really surprised that Lance Ball made the team over him.

I can't fathom what the coaches see in him. He must be one hell of a practice player and a very good student. He's not fast, he's not big, he's not a great blocker, and he's a mediocre receiver. At least JJ had some big play potential.

Jekyll15Hyde
08-31-2012, 06:52 PM

I can't fathom what the coaches see in him. He must be one hell of a practice player and a very good student. He's not fast, he's not big, he's not a great blocker, and he's a mediocre receiver. At least JJ had some big play potential.

I am so done with Ball... So usually that means he will break out Hilarious!

Hulamau
08-31-2012, 07:07 PM

Yes the are!

uplink
08-31-2012, 07:16 PM
Easy Ed's practice squad

Jamie Blatnick
Jerry Franklin
Ben Garland
Adam Grant
Duke Ihenacho
Cornelius Ingram (they need another TE who can block)
Jeremiah Johnson
Mike Mohamed
Greg Orton
Gerell Robinson
Sealver Siliga
Syd’Quan Thompson
Adam Weber

theAPAOps5
08-31-2012, 07:19 PM

Not the coaches, reportedly Peyton Manning is a big supporter of ball.

Mogulseeker
08-31-2012, 07:21 PM
Not surprised one bit that Florence is gone and Carter made the team.

Bacchus
08-31-2012, 07:52 PM
Jamie Blatnick
Jerry Franklin
Ben Garland
Adam Grant
Duke Ihenacho
Cornelius Ingram
Jeremiah Johnson
Mike Mohamed
Greg Orton
Gerell Robinson
Sealver Siliga
Syd’Quan Thompson
Adam Weber

We'll see on how it shakes down I could see Detroit claiming Johnson since Moreno did not get cut.

Jay3
08-31-2012, 07:58 PM

This confirms my theory that Lance Ball has a massive collection of blackmail pictures of peopling doing it with animals.

broncosteven
08-31-2012, 08:01 PM

You said ball and supporter in one sentence!

LOL

ozomulsion
08-31-2012, 08:41 PM
Absolutely have to keep Jeremiah Johnson.......he's a beast.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL I'm all for keeping him, but beast is sooo the wrong word for JJ. He didn't even play all that much for Oregon.

broncocalijohn
08-31-2012, 08:53 PM
Weber, garland, blatnick, jj and thompson if those 5 are eligible. Wouldn't mind I robinson and franklin get in there. Blatnick is a rookie and I think has some potential. Plus he wears #77 which can't be too bad.

Lestat
08-31-2012, 10:26 PM
Jamie Blatnick
Jerry Franklin
Ben Garland
Adam Grant
Duke Ihenacho
Cornelius Ingram
Jeremiah Johnson
Mike Mohamed
Greg Orton
Gerell Robinson
Sealver Siliga
Syd’Quan Thompson
Adam Weber

i see it being these 8. i think JJ will catch on with another team.

Breeze81
09-01-2012, 08:52 AM
Please get you facts straight. Jeremiah was a starter at Oregon. Jeremiah rushed for 1,201 yards, which was the 6th highest total in team history and he finished his career with being 6th all time rusher with 2,336 yards. He averaged 6.7 yards per carry. It's so easy to google facts before posting.

Good job Jeremiah, we are all proud of you. You are a beast!!!!

BowlenBall
09-01-2012, 09:01 AM
This confirms my theory that Lance Ball has a massive collection of blackmail pictures of peopling doing it with animals.

It's the only theory that makes sense -- I keep reading that he's value-added on special teams, and yet.... when was the last time you saw him actually make a tackle or do something of note on special teams?

BowlenBall
09-01-2012, 09:02 AM
Please get you facts straight. Jeremiah was a starter at Oregon. Jeremiah rushed for 1,201 yards, which was the 6th highest total in team history and he finished his career with being 6th all time rusher with 2,336 yards. He averaged 6.7 yards per carry. It's so easy to google facts before posting.

Good job Jeremiah, we are all proud of you. You are a beast!!!!

I'm a huge fan of your son, Mrs. Johnson!

Hulamau
09-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Not surprised one bit that Florence is gone and Carter made the team.

Carter clearly outplayed Drayton in the PS games, even with a couple of Carter's over-enthusiastic screw ups like mishandling the punt near the goal line. He is fast and smart and is always right on the WR in position to disrupt the pass and he can tackle for a little guy.

I think he has just needed a chance for playing time. As a number 4 in dime he will be fine and can likely serve as a decent back-up punt returner.

orange skier
09-01-2012, 11:31 AM
I'm glad you have confidence in Carter. I was hoping he would be cut, but now that he is on the team, I want him to succeed. Being a dime back might just be a perfect position for him. Very glad Drayton got the hook. We should be better in the secondary.

Lestat
09-01-2012, 11:37 AM
damn, i only got 3 of the initial 7 right for the PS. i was hoping Blatnick and Robinson would be on there for sure.