PDA

View Full Version : Remember the coach Raiders head coach Cable punched?

Bacchus
08-31-2012, 02:50 PM
Former NFL coach arrested for smashing beer bottle on man

By Scott Gleeson, USA TODAY Updated 6d ago

Former Oakland Raiders and Cal Poly assistant coach Randy Hanson faces assault and battery charges for an Aug. 4 incident in which he allegedly smashed a beer bottle into the face of a man and then locked himself in a limo, the San Luis Obispo Tribune reports. Randy Hanson faces assault and battery charges.

Hanson, 44, resigned from his latest position at Cal Poly on Aug. 17. He has been charged with two felonies: assault with a deadly weapon (the beer bottle) and battery with serious bodily injury.
Hanson's arraignment is scheduled for Sept. 5 in San Luis Obispo Superior Court before Judge Michael Duffy.
When police asked the victim, who was sharing a limo with Hanson, about the altercation and why Hanson struck him with a beer bottle, he said it was because Hanson was "crazy drunk."

An excerpt from the police report, courtesy of the San Luis Obispo Tribune:

"(The alleged victim) said before he knew it something smashed him in the face and he took a couple of steps backwards.
"On a scale of 1 to 10, the man said Hanson was a '7' in terms of intoxication while the victim gauged himself as a '3.' Another witness described Hanson's intoxication as a '10, however, and said he was 'falling down on the dance floor.'
"After the blow, witnesses said Hanson locked the door to the limo and wouldn't let anyone in.
"Hanson shouted profanities as he pressed his foot against the limo's door, a witness said, and yelled, 'I am not going to open this (expletive) door, (expletive) you, you (expletive).' "

In 2009, Hanson was involved in an altercation with then Raiders head coach Tom Cable, in which Cable reportedly broke his jaw.

http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/game-on/2012/08/26/Hansonx-inset-community.jpg

Once a Raider always a Raider.

broncocalijohn
08-31-2012, 03:06 PM
I love collecting these stories from Raiders franchise. This guy is now at Cal Poly (well, resigned now). What a fall from grace but probably shows you between him and the bed and breakfast guy, they were not staffing quality coaches.
Here are some of the news articles I have saved from the past: Jim Plunkett's son arrested on sexual assault charges, Cole Ford shooting up the gay lion tamers and lion meat's home and of course McClain and Robbins doing their part as Faiders.

Bacchus
08-31-2012, 03:41 PM
I love collecting these stories from Raiders franchise. This guy is now at Cal Poly (well, resigned now). What a fall from grace but probably shows you between him and the bed and breakfast guy, they were not staffing quality coaches.
Here are some of the news articles I have saved from the past: Jim Plunkett's son arrested on sexual assault charges, Cole Ford shooting up the gay lion tamers and lion meat's home and of course McClain and Robbins doing their part as Faiders.

HAHAHA... where are the links? Didn't Ford die or something?

Who was the NT that killed himself a few years ago?