PDA

View Full Version : Another Marcus Thomas Twitter Thread; Gets cut, throws a subtle jab at the Broncos

Baba Booey
08-31-2012, 05:32 AM
@MarcusThomas_79: It was fun working with a great organization like the giants and for y'all giant fans I could only imagine if I started my career here

@MarcusThomas_79: Oh yea I found a no toll route it didn't cost me a penny to get cut POW

Total ignoramus

Conklin
08-31-2012, 05:51 AM
at least Madden can take him and his fake ass picture out of their game now

Kaylore
08-31-2012, 06:16 AM
Don't care unless ham is involved.

GreasyQtip
08-31-2012, 06:37 AM
It was fun working with a great organization like the giants and for y'all giant fans I could only imagine if I started my career here

Maybe I am reading to much into this, but I was mildly upset we let him walk, who cares now.

You probably would have been just as big of a disappointment just with other DLmen taking your job and forcing you out after 2 years.

Broncos_OTM
08-31-2012, 06:37 AM
really Marcus...

Crushaholic
08-31-2012, 06:58 AM
Somebody has to play devil's advocate, so here goes. If he had started his career with the Giants, he would be a Super Bowl champion...:ouwknow:

ColoradoDarin
08-31-2012, 07:16 AM
Well done. It's not like there was another topic on this, with a good title letting you know that this exact same twitter post is already being discussed on the Mane.

Broncos_OTM
08-31-2012, 07:22 AM
wow in season and we have two threads on the same subject... jot to mention he ain't a bronco.. cheers

bronco militia
08-31-2012, 07:25 AM
FYI, this was Thomas's tweet after the giants CUT his sorry ass.

v2micca
08-31-2012, 07:27 AM
@MarcusThomas_79: It was fun working with a great organization like the giants and for y'all giant fans I could only imagine if I started my career here

@MarcusThomas_79: Oh yea I found a no toll route it didn't cost me a penny to get cut POW

Total ignoramus

In his defense, '07 to '11 were not exactly the banner years for the Broncos Franchise. You had the end of the Shanahan regime in which the defensive players were reportedly treated as second class citizens compared to the offense followed immediately by the McDaniels era, which speaks for itself. There was the annual changing of the D coordinator as well as other issues. So yeah, while it sucks to admit it, the Giants were a much better run organization during that period.

As for the no toll route comment, that's actually kind of funny.

Requiem
08-31-2012, 07:34 AM
Tatum Bell needs an assistant manager at T-Mobile, Marcus.

barryr
08-31-2012, 07:43 AM
If Thomas had started his career with the Giants, he likely would have been cut considering the talent they have had on the DL for some time now and not played a down in the NFL by this time. So he should feel lucky he had a chance to play somewhere since his career looks about done.

sgbfan
08-31-2012, 07:46 AM
Somebody has to play devil's advocate, so here goes. If he had started his career with the Giants, he would be a Super Bowl champion...:ouwknow:

Do practice squad players get rings? Cause no way he made the team in 2007 or lasted until last year.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-31-2012, 08:11 AM
This is an outrage.

cmhargrove
08-31-2012, 08:44 AM
OK, besides being a pretty worthless duplicate thread.

Who the hell cares what Marcus Thomas (nfl journeyman and underachiever) tweets? Aren't there some better ways to use your time?

tsiguy96
08-31-2012, 08:50 AM
FYI, this was Thomas's tweet after the giants CUT his sorry ass.

he was there for a solid what, 2 weeks?

denver paid his bills for 5 years.

jerseyboiler120
08-31-2012, 08:55 AM
This is a huge outrage.

Powderaddict
08-31-2012, 08:55 AM
Is getting cut within a few days of signing a contract #DymeLyfe?

Kaylore
08-31-2012, 08:56 AM
BRB...starting online petition....

crush17
08-31-2012, 08:58 AM
Is getting cut within a few days of signing a contract #DymeLyfe?

he needs to tweet a picture of the Giants playbook and then he will have come full Dyme Circle.

HILife
08-31-2012, 09:02 AM
Bring him in for a look! I've heard nothing, but good things about him coming out of the draft.

broncocalijohn
08-31-2012, 09:33 AM
OK, besides being a pretty worthless duplicate thread.

Who the hell cares what Marcus Thomas (nfl journeyman and underachiever) tweets? Aren't there some better ways to use your time?

Wondering the same thing. Is he worth following?

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-31-2012, 09:38 AM
Maybe if he wasn't a criminal and didnt act like a thug in college he would've been drafted by another team. Giants are not drafting his clown attitude he had back then.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-31-2012, 10:22 AM
Don't care unless ham is involved.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rcYMGs-6Vqg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ambiguous
08-31-2012, 10:27 AM

Total ignoramus

He could've taken I-25 > 225 > 70 assuming he is referring to E-470. *shrugs*

Taco John
08-31-2012, 10:43 AM
Frankly, anything he has to say was probably accurate. He was drafted in 2007, and this franchise has been a joke during his tenure here with a different DC every year - not to mention a different quarterback.

A 4th round pick like Marcus Thomas needs a stable situation to develop. We didn't have that here. I think we do now, but I can't blame him for wondering "what if."

Agamemnon
08-31-2012, 10:47 AM

If he had started his career with the Giants he would've been cut his second season. Those guys have way too much talent on DL to bother with a guy like Marcus Thomas.

Gort
08-31-2012, 10:48 AM

Total ignoramus

I've got your back Marcus!

PS - Please remind me who you are again.

http://quantumkool.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/79_-i-m-as-mad-as-hell-and-i-m-not-going-to-take-this-anymore_imagelarge.jpg

Agamemnon
08-31-2012, 10:49 AM
Maybe if he wasn't a criminal and didnt act like a thug in college he would've been drafted by another team. Giants are not drafting his clown attitude he had back then.

Err...wasn't he just a pothead? I don't recall him being a thug.

rmsanger
08-31-2012, 10:58 AM
I'm pretty sure if he had started his career with the giants he would have been cut after the first pre-season..... If not then def by the end of the first season!

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-31-2012, 11:19 AM
Err...wasn't he just a pothead? I don't recall him being a thug.

More off field problems than that if I remember. Enough to drop him from being a 1st-2nd round prospect into a 4th

Enough problems to get him kicked off the Florida team

Vladimir
08-31-2012, 11:19 AM
He thinks he is cool because he can do a back flip

Vegas_Bronco
08-31-2012, 11:21 AM
He should pull the dancing swim move on that toll booth.

Agamemnon
08-31-2012, 11:24 AM
More off field problems than that if I remember. Enough to drop him from being a 1st-2nd round prospect into a 4th

Enough problems to get him kicked off the Florida team

Repeat pot-related issues are what got him kicked off the team as I recall.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-31-2012, 11:28 AM
Repeat pot-related issues are what got him kicked off the team as I recall.

No it didn't. That was one of the reasons but not just that. He was reinstated after a 2 game suspension for pot. Then he was kicked off for "failing to meet responsibilities and obligations" -direct quote from Florida. That is defined as lazy and unmotivated.

My point was no one was going to draft him high because of these off field issues. Broncos took a 4th round gamble and chance for him.

oubronco
08-31-2012, 01:12 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/19893514.jpg

Action
08-31-2012, 01:17 PM
No it didn't. That was one of the reasons but not just that. He was reinstated after a 2 game suspension for pot. Then he was kicked off for "failing to meet responsibilities and obligations" -direct quote from Florida. That is defined as lazy and unmotivated.

My point was no one was going to draft him high because of these off field issues. Broncos took a 4th round gamble and chance for him.

But you originally said

a criminal and didnt act like a thug

So you basically just slapped those terms on him with no basis... an educated guess would deem that to be because of his race.

You remind me of the people who talk about Chris Johnson being a locker room cancer and having off field issues....

Hilarious!

Bacchus
08-31-2012, 01:24 PM
Frankly, anything he has to say was probably accurate. He was drafted in 2007, and this franchise has been a joke during his tenure here with a different DC every year - not to mention a different quarterback.

A 4th round pick like Marcus Thomas needs a stable situation to develop. We didn't have that here. I think we do now, but I can't blame him for wondering "what if."

You also forgot the who McD debacle. THe Giants have been a model of stability.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-31-2012, 01:25 PM
But you originally said

So you basically just slapped those terms on him with no basis... an educated guess would deem that to be because of his race.

You remind me of the people who talk about Chris Johnson being a locker room cancer and having off field issues....

Hilarious!

Hey idiot you have no idea what race I am. Youre bashing me for assuming yet you are assuming shyt about me. Ya I said it. I'll say it again MARCUS THOMAS WAS and is a thug. I got plenty of twitter lingo to prove it.

You are clueless about M Thomas's time in Florida. He dropped in the draft for more than just pot. Why don't you do some research.

Action
08-31-2012, 01:26 PM

This is the most rational post in here.

People are quick to hit on Marcus Thomas but if you were him you'd probably be thinking the same thing if you were stuck with this organization since he was drafted...

Bacchus
08-31-2012, 01:27 PM
Hey idiot you have no idea what race I am. Youre bashing me for assuming yet you are assuming shyt about me. Ya I said it. I'll say it again MARCUS THOMAS WAS and is a thug. I got plenty of twitter lingo to prove it.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=28480&dateline=1328745750

Sure he can tell what race you are. You are from the plastic/rubber foam race.

Action
08-31-2012, 01:27 PM

I don't care what race you are, but you clearly made a statement with no basis. You saying it again doesn't disprove anything I said, it just PROVES everything I'm saying.

Your ignorance.

And again, he has done nothing in his past to warrant being a "thug."

Action
08-31-2012, 01:30 PM
To be clear, hasn't he cleaned his act up since he got here in 2007?

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-31-2012, 01:32 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=28480&dateline=1328745750

Sure he can tell what race you are. You are from the plastic/rubber foam race.

Ha! Notice it isn't white either

Action
08-31-2012, 01:33 PM
Ha! Notice it isn't white either

OH yeah, because I clearly called you white.

You're a true mental midget.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-31-2012, 01:34 PM
I don't care what race you are, but you clearly made a statement with no basis. You saying it again doesn't disprove anything I said, it just PROVES everything I'm saying.

Your ignorance.

And again, he has done nothing in his past to warrant being a "thug."

No basis?? I can base it on his entire 2006 year. I can base it on not cleaning up his act AFTER his pot punishment. You are ignorant to assume anyone calling someone a thug is racist. Without even knowing what race that person is. I guess only white people use the term thug in your eyes? That's ignorance.

bronco militia
08-31-2012, 01:38 PM
http://manscreed.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/racistornotfunny.jpg

Action
08-31-2012, 01:43 PM
Sounds like you're offended when people assume you're white (which no one did in this thread).

Let's put this back on track:

Marcus Thomas as been a good NFL act since he got drafted, talking about what he did in COLLEGE is childish at this point. I guess any decent citizen in America never committed anything while in college...

Mental midget

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-31-2012, 01:46 PM
3-1-08

Marcus Thomas arrested for cocaine and a gun found in his car.

Ya that's pristine

I like the mental midget zinger. That's cute.

Action
08-31-2012, 01:50 PM
3-1-08

Ya that's pristine

you should do some more research on that.

For starters, it wasn't his car....Hilarious!

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-31-2012, 01:53 PM
you should do some more research on that.

For starters, it wasn't his car....Hilarious!

You are the most naive person on this board. And either you're protecting your identity cause you're scared to lose you're image or just a newb who's clueless.

Action
08-31-2012, 01:56 PM

Yeah it goes pretty well with you.

All you had to do was see that he did not miss a game for 4 straight years as a Denver Bronco... never suspended... for anything.

Do humanity a favor...

mod note: unacceptable image removed

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-31-2012, 01:59 PM
Telling someone to kill themselves. Ya you're cool.

Bacchus
08-31-2012, 02:01 PM
3-1-08

Ya that's pristine

It was his only offense and it wasn't his cocaine or so his friend stated. Other than that considering the baggage he came in with he has been a terrific citizen. Calling him a "thug" at this point is uninformed. Now if he is done with football no telling what kind of life he will go back to but his time in the NFL he has done well.

Action
08-31-2012, 02:02 PM
You are the most naive person on this board. And either you're protecting your identity cause you're scared to lose you're image or just a newb who's clueless.

Clueless over WHAT exactly?

Calling Marcus Thomas a thug for that incident in 08 is equivalent to calling Dumervil a criminal for what happened this off season.

You should take my prior advice as to what to do with yourself.

Clearly, I'm dealing with someone of value.

Mental midget...

I'm out.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-31-2012, 02:07 PM
Clueless over WHAT exactly?

Calling Marcus Thomas a thug for that incident in 08 is equivalent to calling Dumervil a criminal for what happened this off season.

You should take my prior advice as to what to do with yourself.

Clearly, I'm dealing with someone of value.

Mental midget...

I'm out.

I'm calling him that for MULTIPLE offenses in 2006 of drug use, his ATTITUDE AFTER his suspension from Florida, and his lack of respect for his coaches in 2006. I'm not even bringing the 08 charge up until you said he's been squeaky clean since drafted. Dumervil was called a thug here. Apparantly you weren't around then. If he doesn't get on a team we will see how squeaky clean he stays. He'll be right back in Florida hanging out with the same crew.

Don't go away mad. Just go away

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-31-2012, 02:09 PM
It was his only offense and it wasn't his cocaine or so his friend stated. Other than that considering the baggage he came in with he has been a terrific citizen. Calling him a "thug" at this point is uninformed. Now if he is done with football no telling what kind of life he will go back to but his time in the NFL he has done well.

What he is now is irrelavent to my point. He made a backhanded jab at Denver by saying what couldve been if drafted by the giants. I said his off field behavior was the reason he wasn't picked by teams and that Denver took a chance on him when the giants wouldnt in that draft.

Bacchus
08-31-2012, 02:16 PM
What he is now is irrelavent to my point. He made a backhanded jab at Denver by saying what couldve been if drafted by the giants. I said his off field behavior was the reason he wasn't picked by teams and that Denver took a chance on him when the giants wouldnt in that draft.

I am not getting in your arguement with Action he seems to have crossed the line.

Thomas might have been a thug in 2007/08 but the last 4/5 years he has done well. So holding him to what he did back then W/o giving him credit for turning his life around I feel is a bit harsh.

Remember when he came to Denver he was on a ZERO tolerance for any behaviors and he took care of buiness much props to him. Hopefully he has been smart with his money.

Bacchus
08-31-2012, 02:21 PM

OK, That is true and I am sure Thomas would be the first to agree with you.

Can you blame him for regretting not being drafted by the Giants. The Coach in Denver who believed in him was fired, Denver switched to a 3-4 and then there was the who McD debacle.

I hope he catches on somewhere, I wonder if the Skins would be interested?

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-31-2012, 02:28 PM
OK, That is true and I am sure Thomas would be the first to agree with you.

Can you blame him for regretting not being drafted by the Giants. The Coach in Denver who believed in him was fired, Denver switched to a 3-4 and then there was the who McD debacle.

I hope he catches on somewhere, I wonder if the Skins would be interested?

Ya I was just responding to his quote about what would've been had the giants not the broncos drafted him. It seemed like a cheap shot to the organization who took a chance on him(even though shanny is gone) after a college resume that included getting kicked out of florida. I remember that draft and how everyone had predicted he go in the 1-2 rounds with his talent, but squandered it away with foolishness off the field(my definition of a thug) He did clean it up since those days but that wasn't my point. It was the years back then I was referring to.

Chris
08-31-2012, 02:34 PM
Yeah it goes pretty well with you.

All you had to do was see that he did not miss a game for 4 straight years as a Denver Bronco... never suspended... for anything.

Do humanity a favor...

http://www.bannedinhollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/wicket.gif