PDA

View Full Version : What are the odds David Garrard is signed this week?

Bacchus
08-30-2012, 11:07 PM
He is head and toes better than what Denver has now. He is a game manager like Manning. Great at the short passes and moving the chains.

DBroncos4life
08-30-2012, 11:09 PM
What's less then zero?

kdissette
08-30-2012, 11:09 PM
wait till lonestar sees this he hates every thread about signing a cast off lol

colorado jones
08-30-2012, 11:10 PM
David Garrade? Is that Foneco's brother?

Bronco Rob
08-30-2012, 11:10 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=106424

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=106531

:thumbs:

Bacchus
08-30-2012, 11:11 PM
89 TDs to 54 Ints with a career rating of 85.8

theAPAOps5
08-30-2012, 11:11 PM
Is **** know a percentage?

Bacchus
08-30-2012, 11:12 PM
Is **** know a percentage?

Would you rather have Hanie?

theAPAOps5
08-30-2012, 11:14 PM
Weber

Agamemnon
08-30-2012, 11:15 PM
He would definitely be a better backup for us if we had gotten him during camp. It's way too late now.

Bacchus
08-30-2012, 11:15 PM
Weber

Not gonna happen. They are going to want a vet behind Manning and ahead of OZ.

theAPAOps5
08-30-2012, 11:16 PM
Not gonna happen. They are going to want a vet behind Manning and ahead of OZ.

Ok

DBroncos4life
08-30-2012, 11:17 PM
Would you rather have Hanie?

Chad Pennington sat out football last year should we bring him in too?

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-30-2012, 11:19 PM
Ask jags fans(if you can find any) if he's good

Mogulseeker
08-30-2012, 11:25 PM
Wait are we talking about David Garrard?

I thought this was some UDFA...

Bacchus
08-30-2012, 11:34 PM

Ok find any Broncos' or Bears' fans to see if Hanie is any good.

extralife
08-30-2012, 11:45 PM
...did Garrard get cut today or what?

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-30-2012, 11:52 PM
Ok find any Broncos' or Bears' fans to see if Hanie is any good.

So replace trash with trash. Got it.

Bacchus
08-31-2012, 12:05 AM

Garrard 89 TDs to 54 Ints with a career rating of 85.8

Hanie 3 TD to 9 ints with a 41.4 rating

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-31-2012, 12:06 AM
Garrard 89 TDs to 54 Ints with a career rating of 85.8

Hanie 3 TD to 9 ints with a 41.4 rating

I know that hanie is horrendous. But I've watched plenty of garrard to know hes bad too. Those stats are deceiving. Kinda like Vince youngs win loss record.

Hopefully manning plays all the games. Then it all won't matter

Agamemnon
08-31-2012, 12:10 AM

An AIDS-filled condom and a day-old sandwich may both be trash, but I think it's pretty obvious which one you would rather put in your mouth if you had to...

Bacchus
08-31-2012, 12:12 AM
Either you want Hanie or someone else. Garrard is MUCH MUCH better than Hanie. So who else out there is better than Garrard?

I disagree with you about his stats. His whole time in Jacksonville name all the pro bowl receivers he was throwing to. Name all the good receivers he was throwing to. Jimmy Smith for a little while and that was about it. He made a pretty good career out of dinking and dunking kinda like what Peytone will be doing this year. And after all we are just talking about a back-up.

Tell me someone better. There are lots of QBs out there.

Bronco Rob
08-31-2012, 12:13 AM
Hanie has shown us less than zero.

Bacchus
08-31-2012, 12:14 AM
An AIDS-filled condom and a day-old sandwich may both be trash, but I think it's pretty obvious which one you would rather put in your mouth if you had to...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ea7vaMJ71r2vq7do1_250.gif

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-31-2012, 12:16 AM
Either you want Hanie or someone else. Garrard is MUCH MUCH better than Hanie. So who else out there is better than Garrard?

I disagree with you about his stats. His whole time in Jacksonville name all the pro bowl receivers he was throwing to. Name all the good receivers he was throwing to. Jimmy Smith for a little while and that was about it. He made a pretty good career out of dinking and dunking kinda like what Peytone will be doing this year. And after all we are just talking about a back-up.

Tell me someone better. There are lots of QBs out there.

Why look around when there are 2 on the team better than hanie. He's gonna end up 3rd string anyways. I have a gf whos a Jags fan an had to watch plenty of jags games. Not fun to watch.

Bacchus
08-31-2012, 12:17 AM
Why look around when there are 2 on the team better than hanie. He's gonna end up 3rd string anyways. I have a gf whos a Jags fan an had to watch plenty of jags games. Not fun to watch.

Maybe, Weber is better than Hanie, I just do not think Fox wants a 2nd year and a rookie behind their 37 year-old QB.

Kaylore
08-31-2012, 12:19 AM
I don't even know who David Garrade is .

Bronco Rob
08-31-2012, 12:21 AM

Dollars to doughnuts they're a better qb than Hanie.

Kaylore
08-31-2012, 12:24 AM
Dollars to doughnuts they're a better qb than Hanie.

Careful. The CSU alumns will want to eat your face and feed it to their cow manure gods.

BroncoMan4ever
08-31-2012, 01:05 AM
Hanie is a backup. Which means he is not going to be that good. Sure every once in a while there is a Kurt Warner backing up, but usually it is a mediocre journeyman. We all know this. So why is this crap about replacing him with another backup newsworthy and constantly brought up?

Agamemnon
08-31-2012, 01:09 AM
Hanie is a backup. Which means he is not going to be that good. Sure every once in a while there is a Kurt Warner backing up, but usually it is a mediocre journeyman. We all know this. So why is this crap about replacing him with another backup newsworthy and constantly brought up?

Because he isn't a mediocre journeyman. That would be someone like Orton who is the backup in Dallas now. Nope, Hanie is just utterly and completely awful.

Bacchus
08-31-2012, 01:10 AM

Yes, Hannie is a back-up. Garrard is also a back-up and much better. If Peyton is out for 3 games who do you want playing? I do not want Hanie. If there is another backup out there that is available that would be cool. I amnot too picky at this point.

BroncoMan4ever
08-31-2012, 03:00 AM
Yes, Hannie is a back-up. Garrard is also a back-up and much better. If Peyton is out for 3 games who do you want playing? I do not want Hanie. If there is another backup out there that is available that would be cool. I amnot too picky at this point.

Truthfully Brock is better than any other available options. Garrard might have been slightly better than Hanie 2 years ago when he last played but right now isn't going to outplay anyone on the roster

Honestly if Manning goes down at all this team becomes a straight up running team anyway. Hanie will never be asked to take control. He will manage a few games and return to the bench, same as any backup would. He's mediocre and there is no one better available, so who cares?

AmericanBroncFan
08-31-2012, 04:39 AM
Garrard is done. He's been done for a couple years. Why put used tires on this SUPERBOWL Mobile????????????

Drek
08-31-2012, 04:55 AM
Truthfully Brock is better than any other available options. Garrard might have been slightly better than Hanie 2 years ago when he last played but right now isn't going to outplay anyone on the roster

Honestly if Manning goes down at all this team becomes a straight up running team anyway. Hanie will never be asked to take control. He will manage a few games and return to the bench, same as any backup would. He's mediocre and there is no one better available, so who cares?

Hanie is the worst passer in the NFL. Tim Tebow was a better passer than Caleb Hanie last season when both of them put together a sizable sample. Tim Tebow is also 250 pounds and runs like a bull. Hanie is small and not particularly fast.

The real problem you're missing here is that the Bears told themselves all these same things about Cutler/Hanie. That without Cutler they'd just have to be a defense and run oriented team, backups are backups, etc.. Then when Cutler got hurt and Hanie came in he literally LOST them games because the handful of times they let him throw the ball he ****ed up.

We'd be better off letting McGahee take direct hand offs over letting Hanie play QB for us. That isn't "he's a backup, so it's ok" levels of bad. That's "he doesn't belong in the league and anyone we get off the waiver wire is a significant upgrade" level of bad.

Garrard would be a worthwhile signing. But then so would any other QB cut by any other team. We would have been better off keeping Tebow and forcing him to run Manning's offense than letting Hanie step on the field in a Broncos uni. He's might just be the worst player to ever be in the NFL for more than one season.

Broncoman13
08-31-2012, 06:27 AM
Vince Young?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-31-2012, 06:37 AM
We would have been better off keeping Tebow and forcing him to run Manning's offense than letting Hanie step on the field in a Broncos uni. He's might just be the worst player to ever be in the NFL for more than one season.

That train has sailed. Time to let go, psycho.

TheChamp24
08-31-2012, 06:49 AM
Who the eff cares, Manning is going to last the whole season you freakin morons.

And if he doesn't, we're screwed anyways, so might as well throw whoever is there in to the wolves.

Drek
08-31-2012, 07:04 AM
That train has sailed. Time to let go, psycho.

You're an idiot. That was in no way saying we should have kept Tebow. I was simply pointing out how Tebow, despite his MAJOR issues as a passer, is better at throwing the football than Caleb Hanie.

How sad is that? The guy who's now on another team but has a very long thread here getting weekly bumps about how he can't throw is actually a better passer than our #2 by almost every statistical measure.

Hanie will soon become the worst player in Denver Broncos history to make the 53 man roster, relative to his era. A small, nonathletic, weak armed QB with no accuracy and the inability to read defenses. Dude is totally worth the $1.1M we're going to pay him.

elsid13
08-31-2012, 07:29 AM
Hannie is classic WCO back-up QB. I don't think he's a starter in the NFL, but if we were running a system like Houston, Washington, etc then he would a OK spot starter if something went wrong with Manning. Problem is that we are running those type of systems.

gunns
08-31-2012, 08:01 AM

LOL I actually met one the other day. Yes, they are a rarity. But dude went off on how badly he wanted Tebow "to complete the Jags". So I'm not sure his assessment of any QB can be taken seriously.

lolcopter
08-31-2012, 08:46 AM
By us? 0.0%

JFC. I can't even tell if people are trolling with this BS anymore

lolorangemane

barryr
08-31-2012, 08:48 AM
If something happened to Manning, I'd rather one of the younger QB's got a shot than Hanie. It would be hard to find a capable backup QB at this stage of things since he wouldn't know the offense at all.

Victor
08-31-2012, 08:49 AM
I am 50 years old with a bad ankle. I am convinced that I can play better quarterback than Caleb Hanie.

Caleb Hanie is the answer only if the question is "what quarterback should be cut from the Broncos today?"

The fact that John Elway pursued and signed Caleb Hanie makes me question his ability to evaluate players. I'm not kidding about this, by the way. What kind of moron looks at the tape of Hanie's career and decides that he'd make a good backup?

Drek
08-31-2012, 09:33 AM
If something happened to Manning, I'd rather one of the younger QB's got a shot than Hanie. It would be hard to find a capable backup QB at this stage of things since he wouldn't know the offense at all.

This is why they need to just cut Hanie and roll with Bros the Hos and Webber. **** it, no way either of them are as bad as Hanie.

Requiem
08-31-2012, 09:37 AM

David Garrard + Gatorade = David Garrade.

lolcopter
08-31-2012, 09:48 AM
Careful. The CSU alumns will want to eat your face and feet it to their cow manure gods.

As a CSU alumn who watched Hanie play college ball, if you had told me back in the day that he would have an NFL roster spot, I would've laughed in your face

Chris
08-31-2012, 09:50 AM
DAVAA GARAA

cmhargrove
08-31-2012, 09:52 AM
He is head and toes better than what Denver has now. He is a game manager like Manning. Great at the short passes and moving the chains.

Just a clarification question.

Did you just pull this name out of a hat, or was there a reason behind the randomness of this thread?

Bronco Rob
08-31-2012, 09:55 AM
Hanie is the worst passer in the NFL.

QFT

Kaylore
08-31-2012, 09:58 AM
David Garrard + Gatorade = David Garrade.

I think David Garrard had sex with Gatorade and Garrade is their love child.

jerseyboiler120
08-31-2012, 10:08 AM
I like Hanie's arm. He showed great accuracy throwing to and close to the guys in the red shirts last night.

Bronco Rob
08-31-2012, 10:10 AM
Careful. The CSU alumns will want to eat your face and feet it to their cow manure gods.

The only alum of Fort Collins CC that is worthy of deity status: Cleo McDowell aka James Evans!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/29wNCH4RBrk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:thumbs:

bronco militia
08-31-2012, 10:11 AM
http://www.weakstream.us/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/urinal.gif

Bacchus
08-31-2012, 12:13 PM
Just a clarification question.

Did you just pull this name out of a hat, or was there a reason behind the randomness of this thread?

He was just released by the Dolphins and I thought he was the best FA QB available and maybe the ties with Del Rio would help.

People say that if we lose Manning Denver is screwed anyway, well that is not ture if you find a good backup QB. If manning goes out for one half or two games what QB can get Denbver those victories. Oz and Hanie did nothing this preseason to make you feel they can win a game.

Vladimir
08-31-2012, 12:16 PM
I would take him for the vet minimum

Agamemnon
08-31-2012, 12:31 PM
There's a lot of delusion going on in this thread. Hanie is hot garbage and will likely lose every game he starts for us if Manning goes down. All the people acting like he's a typical backup QB are nuts. We probably have the worst backup QB in the league people...

bronco militia
08-31-2012, 12:33 PM
There's a lot of delusion going on in this thread. Hanie is hot garbage and will likely lose every game he starts for us if Manning goes down. All the people acting like he's a typical backup QB are nuts. We probably have the worst backup QB in the league people...

the Raiders and Bears are in the same boat with Leinart and Cambell

cmhargrove
08-31-2012, 12:35 PM

It's pronounced "gay-raid" in case you were wondering.

Agamemnon
08-31-2012, 12:36 PM

Seriously? I would take either one of those guys over Hanie in a heartbeat.

Bacchus
08-31-2012, 12:38 PM

I would take Campbell, but he ain't going anywhere. Leinart, has he ever done anything?

bronco militia
08-31-2012, 12:38 PM
Seriously? I would take either one of those guys over Hanie in a heartbeat.

I think all three are a giant bag of suck

bronco militia
08-31-2012, 12:39 PM
oh wait!! dont forget the chiefs with Brady Quimm

lolcopter
08-31-2012, 12:47 PM
the best FA available
the best FA available
the best FA available
the best FA available
the best FA available

/orangemane

ozomulsion
08-31-2012, 01:47 PM
Who the eff cares, Manning is going to last the whole season you freakin morons.

And if he doesn't, we're screwed anyways, so might as well throw whoever is there in to the wolves.

Bingo was his name Ohhhhhh

Kaylore
08-31-2012, 02:18 PM
I would take Campbell
No you wouldn't.

Bacchus
08-31-2012, 02:21 PM
No you wouldn't.

over Hanie yes.

razorwire77
08-31-2012, 02:21 PM
Now that the thread title has been changed, I'm confused.

David Garrade = Quality QB depth and serviceable game manager.

Never heard of this David Garrard fellow.