PDA

View Full Version : OT: Patriots owner Robert Kraft: "Gisele's husband is a better quarterback than Hanna Montana"

Bronco Rob
08-30-2012, 08:26 PM
"I think that Tommy, with all due respect, is better than Joe Montana," Patriots owner Robert Kraft said. "I know that's a leap, but I really think he might already be the best of all time. I watch how involved he is, how driven he is. He's like (Bill) Belichick, he's into the details. And he's got a skill that makes him so special, he can process all of it so quickly. ... And then, he's just got that quality. Certain people have that sincerity. He's a very genuine guy. People can relate to him. People can trust him."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000056647/article/robert-kraft-tom-brady-is-better-than-joe-montana

Bobbys acting skills are on par with his ability to evaluate talent.

<object name="kaltura_player_1346381835" id="kaltura_player_1346381835" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all" allowFullScreen="true" height="221" width="392" data="http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/kwidget/wid/1_7btlq9vo/uiconf_id/6501231">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/>
<param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/>
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/>
<param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"/>
<param name="movie" value="http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/kwidget/wid/1_7btlq9vo/uiconf_id/6501231"/>
<param name="flashVars" value="referer=http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/video/robert-krafts-audition-tape-is-a-web-hit-16761075&autoPlay=false"/>
<a href="http://corp.kaltura.com">video platform</a>
<a href="http://corp.kaltura.com/video_platform/video_management">video management</a>
<a href="http://corp.kaltura.com/solutions/video_solution">video solutions</a>
<a href="http://corp.kaltura.com/video_platform/video_publishing">video player</a>
</object>

???

RhymesayersDU
08-30-2012, 08:29 PM
Why do people tag football threads with "OT"?

Al Wilson
08-30-2012, 09:09 PM
I love Elway, but my unbiased answer would be Peyton Manning. He changed the game, and no one prepares and works as hard as him.

Gort
08-30-2012, 11:10 PM
I love Elway, but my unbiased answer would be Peyton Manning. He changed the game, and no one prepares and works as hard as him.

Peyton plays in a ridiculous era for rules. the rules so overwhelming favor the offensive passing game over defense that you really can't compare him to guys who played 20 or more years ago. same with Brady. same with Brees.

Al Wilson
08-30-2012, 11:45 PM
Peyton plays in a ridiculous era for rules. the rules so overwhelming favor the offensive passing game over defense that you really can't compare him to guys who played 20 or more years ago. same with Brady. same with Brees.
Manning's skill and play changed the game and the rules, and made the league a QB friendly league. He is the one that changed the league to a more passing league than running the ball. It is unfortunate he doesn't have more rings to show for it, but he is the greatest QB of all time in my books.

Archer81
08-30-2012, 11:46 PM
So Brady is better than Montana because people trust him?

Err...

:Broncos:

Al Wilson
08-30-2012, 11:47 PM
And Tom Brady & Drew Brees shouldn't even be mentioned in your post. It took those guys atleast a few years to start playing at an all star level. Manning was a star from the get go.

Gort
08-31-2012, 12:12 AM
Manning's skill and play changed the game and the rules, and made the league a QB friendly league. He is the one that changed the league to a more passing league than running the ball. It is unfortunate he doesn't have more rings to show for it, but he is the greatest QB of all time in my books.

that's nonsense. are you under 30?

ever heard of Marino, Elway, and Kelly? those guys did more to change the league from "3 yards and a cloud of dust" to a passing league than Brady, Brees, or Manning. they did it in an era where you could still hit the QB and cover the receivers without drawing tacky-tack flags on every bit of incidental contact too.

and long before those 3, Unitas was the one who showed how to win in the NFL with the passing game.

you also had guys like Fouts, Moon, and Favre throwing the ball around like there was no tomorrow.

forget the ESPN hype. Manning and Brady and Brees are the beneficiaries of the rule changes, not the reason for them.

Agamemnon
08-31-2012, 12:14 AM
Jim Kelly.

Hilarious!

Gort
08-31-2012, 12:18 AM
Jim Kelly.

he's in the HOF. you knew that, right? he was part of what was likely the best QB class in draft history. he took his team to back-to-back-to-back-to-back SBs running a no huddle offense and flinging the ball around like a madman in an era when football was still a physical game. he's certainly not the greatest of all time, but guys like him helped change the game so that guys like Manning could excel in this era.

Al Wilson
08-31-2012, 12:34 AM
that's nonsense. are you under 30?

ever heard of Marino, Elway, and Kelly? those guys did more to change the league from "3 yards and a cloud of dust" to a passing league than Brady, Brees, or Manning. they did it in an era where you could still hit the QB and cover the receivers without drawing tacky-tack flags on every bit of incidental contact too.

and long before those 3, Unitas was the one who showed how to win in the NFL with the passing game.

you also had guys like Fouts, Moon, and Favre throwing the ball around like there was no tomorrow.

forget the ESPN hype. Manning and Brady and Brees are the beneficiaries of the rule changes, not the reason for them.
You mention some great points. Marino, Kelly, Elway, and Unitas are great QBs no doubt. I agree that the rules were different 20 years ago and weren't friendly to QBs like it is nowadays, but Manning has probably the best resume out of any QB that has played this game: 11 of 13 seasons with 4,000 + yards, 10 + wins in 11 of 13 seasons, career completion % of 65, career passer rating of 94.9, and numerous NFL records. He is the most prepared player in this league, and is a coach/field general on the field. I'm most definitely sure if he had some good defenses on his team he would have atleast 2 more rings.

I hated his guts when he was a colt simply because he kicked our ass all the time, but am I glad he's on our side now.

Al Wilson
08-31-2012, 12:37 AM
he's certainly not the greatest of all time, but guys like him helped change the game so that guys like Manning could excel in this era.
Are you serious? Manning would've excelled in any era since the existance of the NFL.

lolcopter
08-31-2012, 07:51 AM
Right now John Elway

But it will be Peyton Manning after he wins three Super Bowls in Denver

Bronco Rob
08-31-2012, 09:24 AM
In all honesty if Elway, Marino and Kelly played in Goodell's NFL (protecting the quarterback and rules that favor the passing game) imagine the numbers that they would put up.

Blart
08-31-2012, 09:50 AM
If they didn't play during the same era, they're playing different games.

Agamemnon
08-31-2012, 10:53 AM
he's in the HOF. you knew that, right? he was part of what was likely the best QB class in draft history. he took his team to back-to-back-to-back-to-back SBs running a no huddle offense and flinging the ball around like a madman in an era when football was still a physical game. he's certainly not the greatest of all time, but guys like him helped change the game so that guys like Manning could excel in this era.

It was a joke. Jesus. I was making reference to his attitude towards himself where he clearly thought he was the greatest ever back then. It was always funny to me and still is.

Agamemnon
08-31-2012, 10:54 AM
In all honesty if Elway, Marino and Kelly played in Goodell's NFL (protecting the quarterback and rules that favor the passing game) imagine the numbers that they would put up.

I'm going to guess they would look a lot like the numbers Manning, Brady, and Brees have put up.

Gort
08-31-2012, 11:14 AM
It was a joke. Jesus. I was making reference to his attitude towards himself where he clearly thought he was the greatest ever back then. It was always funny to me and still is.

i went to college in western PA for a couple of years back in those days. i knew a guy who grew up with Kelly. said he was a good guy and still kept in touch with everyone, even after moving onto the NFL. alot of good NFL QBs have come from that part of the world. Namath. Kelly. Marino. Montana. Unitas. i'm not from there, but those folks live and breathe football every bit as much as the people in Texas.

Tombstone RJ
08-31-2012, 11:19 AM
i went to college in western PA for a couple of years back in those days. i knew a guy who grew up with Kelly. said he was a good guy and still kept in touch with everyone, even after moving onto the NFL. alot of good NFL QBs have come from that part of the world. Namath. Kelly. Marino. Montana. Unitas. i'm not from there, but those folks live and breathe football every bit as much as the people in Texas.

Yah, West PA is known for breeding good football players and PSU was the main beneficiary for many years.

Los Broncos
08-31-2012, 12:43 PM
Otto Graham.

StugotsIII
08-31-2012, 12:45 PM
Why do people tag football threads with "OT"?

Because you touch yourself at night.

Bronco Rob
08-31-2012, 02:53 PM
Because you touch yourself at night.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W23LKD9Z1hw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

;)

Houshyamama
08-31-2012, 04:42 PM
Otto Graham.

How did you make it to Broncos game safely back in the day with all those dinosaurs roaming around? :giggle:

Los Broncos
08-31-2012, 04:51 PM
How did you make it to Broncos game safely back in the day with all those dinosaurs roaming around? :giggle:

Heh, I went off stats...but you could go either way between him and Elway.

Houshyamama
08-31-2012, 05:02 PM
Heh, I went off stats...but you could go either way between him and Elway.

I have to read up on him, don't know much about him and obviously never got to see him play.

errand
08-31-2012, 07:04 PM
Otto Graham.

This ^

I love Elway and all he did for the Broncos, but when evaluating QB's the bottom line is the bottom line...titles won...and nobody can approach what Graham has accomplished.

10 consecutive championship games...winning 7 of them. Oh, and the one season he played professional basketball? He won another title....

Bronco Rob
08-31-2012, 11:38 PM
John Elway - 24 - 52.17%

???

Houshyamama
09-01-2012, 01:13 AM
This ^

I love Elway and all he did for the Broncos, but when evaluating QB's the bottom line is the bottom line...titles won...and nobody can approach what Graham has accomplished.

10 consecutive championship games...winning 7 of them. Oh, and the one season he played professional basketball? He won another title....

I think the era they played in has to be taken into account. The game was so much smaller back then, the difference between winning a state title and a national title really. The pioneers of the game were amazing for what they did, but can they be considered the BEST? How would Graham look if he played today's game? Interesting questions I think.