PDA

View Full Version : Who makes the team tonight?

Marshall Dumervil
08-30-2012, 07:54 PM
Who you got?

Jekyll15Hyde
08-30-2012, 07:55 PM
where is the game thread?

Marshall Dumervil
08-30-2012, 07:57 PM

Oh ****, you might be in it.^5

I didn't see one.

canadianbroncosfan
08-30-2012, 07:59 PM

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=106829

teknic
08-30-2012, 09:07 PM
Malik Jackson is looking good, seeing some double teams.

Danny Trevathan looks to be an upgrade over Woodyard, though they are similar players.

Gerrell Robinson has looked good, but unfortunately Hanie is garbage.

Moreno earned his spot. I hope he can actually stay healthy for once in his career.

BowlenBall
08-30-2012, 11:21 PM
I think several of the cuts will be based on practice squad eligibility -- I think Weber, Garland, Steven Johnson, Jamie Blatnick and Gerrell Robinson will all be cut but find their way there.

I hope we cut Hanie in order to free up a spot for a 4th running back (Jeremiah Johnson over Lance Ball, please).

As much as I like him, I'm pretty sure Syd'quan is gone -- just doesn't look fast enough to play CB in the league.

Jeremy Beal is the biggest question mark for me -- I think some other team steals him if we cut him.....

Kaylore
08-30-2012, 11:32 PM
I hope we are able to stash Adam Grant. That guy is beastly.

All the running backs played well.

Beal and Jackson. Carter actually made a case for himself too.

BowlenBall
08-31-2012, 12:03 AM
I hope we are able to stash Adam Grant. That guy is beastly.

All the running backs played well.

Beal and Jackson. Carter actually made a case for himself too.

Tony Carter is the defensive version of Matt Willis and Lance Ball... just keeps hanging around year after year....

Bacchus
08-31-2012, 12:07 AM
It is going to be tough but I am very optimistic. I admit that Denver's 3rd and 4th teamers aren't very good but I think the first 45 players are. I think we have depth everywhere except the Oline. Ramierez is playing great and when Kuper comes back I think Denver will be OK.

I did learn something. Virgil Green looks like a player! I cannot wait for him to get back. He is much more explosive than Dressin or Tamme.

Aftermath
08-31-2012, 12:43 AM
All I know is I want our runningbacks to be:
McGahee
Hillman
Moreno
Johnson

I honestly don't understand why they love Ball so much, he blows.

Durango
08-31-2012, 01:27 AM
Malik Jackson is looking good, seeing some double teams.

Danny Trevathan looks to be an upgrade over Woodyard, though they are similar players.

Gerrell Robinson has looked good, but unfortunately Hanie is garbage.

Moreno earned his spot. I hope he can actually stay healthy for once in his career.

Jackson has to make this roster. Has to. He has been borderline dominant at times. Could we really risk waivers on this kid?

Action
08-31-2012, 01:32 AM
There shouldn't even be a discussion if Malik makes the roster or not... he's a lock, period.

I wouldn't be surprised if we rolled with 2 active QBs on the roster.

cmhargrove
08-31-2012, 06:13 AM
All I know is I want our runningbacks to be:
McGahee
Hillman
Moreno
Johnson

I honestly don't understand why they love Ball so much, he blows.

The coaches love Ball, and he's pretty good on special teams, that might be the difference.

Crushaholic
08-31-2012, 06:54 AM
There shouldn't even be a discussion if Malik makes the roster or not... he's a lock, period.

I wouldn't be surprised if we rolled with 2 active QBs on the roster.

I would be surprised. I think they absolutely NEED to keep 3 QBs, this year. This is in case the duct tape wears off, over the season, and Manning has to sit. Next year, we should be more comfortable with rolling with Manning and Osweiler...

TheReverend
08-31-2012, 07:17 AM
I was super hopeful that Bolden would get more PT than he did. Hopefully he gets a CB slot but I'm expecting him to hit the PS now :(

Irish Stout
08-31-2012, 07:22 AM
I would be surprised. I think they absolutely NEED to keep 3 QBs, this year. This is in case the duct tape wears off, over the season, and Manning has to sit. Next year, we should be more comfortable with rolling with Manning and Osweiler...

See I think you put Weber back on the PS and if the duct tape starts to wear off you pull him off the PS and activate him. The only thing that you risk is PFM and BO stinking it up (play on initials/words intended) and both getting injured in one game. Then that game is pretty much a loss...

Irish Stout
08-31-2012, 07:23 AM
I was super hopeful that Bolden would get more PT than he did. Hopefully he gets a CB slot but I'm expecting him to hit the PS now :(

I'm not sure about the CB depth around the league, but I have a feeling Bolden doesn't clear waivers to make the PS. Hope I am wrong... hope he showed enough in return skills to save himself a spot on the team... but I worry.

TheReverend
08-31-2012, 07:24 AM
See I think you put Weber back on the PS and if the duct tape starts to wear off you pull him off the PS and activate him. The only thing that you risk is PFM and BO stinking it up (play on initials/words intended) and both getting injured in one game. Then that game is pretty much a loss...

Last year to squeeze some PS juice out of Weber lol

"If served two seasons on a practice squad, are eligible for a third season only if the team has at least 53 players on its active/inactive list for the duration of that player's employment."

gyldenlove
08-31-2012, 07:25 AM
QB: Manning, Hanie, Oswieler
RB: Mcgahee, Ball, Moreno, Hillman
FG: Gronkowski
TE: Tamme, Dreesen, X (could be Cooley)
WR: Thomas, Decker, Stokley, Caldwell, Willis
OL: Clady, Kuper, Ramirez, Walton, Beadles, Hamilton, Philip Blake, X (either Clark, Grant or Harris)

CB: Bailey, Porter, Harris, Bolden, Florence
S: Adams, Moore, Carter, Bruton, Leonhard
LB: Miller, Woodyard, Mays, Irving, Mohamed, Johnson, X
DE: Wolfe, Dumervil, Ayers, Beal
DT: Warren, Vickerson, Jackson, Bannan, Unrein

ST: Prater, Colquitt, Brewer

Where I have left an X is either a player they will pick up from other teams cuts - I believe we will try to pick up a TE, or a position where I feel they may keep a current backup or look for other teams roster.

DJ Williams and Virgil Green will be exempt due to suspensions.

TheReverend
08-31-2012, 07:27 AM
^ Only 5 WR and 3 TE aint gonna happen with a Peyton Manning team, bud

sgbfan
08-31-2012, 07:52 AM
QB: Manning, Hanie, Oswieler
RB: Mcgahee, Ball, Moreno, Hillman
FG: Gronkowski
TE: Tamme, Dreesen, X (could be Cooley)
WR: Thomas, Decker, Stokley, Caldwell, Willis
OL: Clady, Kuper, Ramirez, Walton, Beadles, Hamilton, Philip Blake, X (either Clark, Grant or Harris)

CB: Bailey, Porter, Harris, Bolden, Florence
S: Adams, Moore, Carter, Bruton, Leonhard
LB: Miller, Woodyard, Mays, Irving, Mohamed, Johnson, X
DE: Wolfe, Dumervil, Ayers, Beal
DT: Warren, Vickerson, Jackson, Bannan, Unrein

ST: Prater, Colquitt, Brewer

Where I have left an X is either a player they will pick up from other teams cuts - I believe we will try to pick up a TE, or a position where I feel they may keep a current backup or look for other teams roster.

DJ Williams and Virgil Green will be exempt due to suspensions.

No Travathan? Arizona might claim him off waivers just after last night.

gyldenlove
08-31-2012, 07:57 AM
No Travathan? Arizona might claim him off waivers just after last night.

He could get the X linebacker spot, I am somewhat worried that he has played a lot with the 3rd teamers and I am not sure where Brooking is at.

barryr
08-31-2012, 07:58 AM
Jackson is a lock to make the team. I don't see Bolden making it to the PS, some team would grab him up.

Moreno is now a lock IMO. I'd rather they kept Johnson over Ball at RB.

Green helped his cause, though will miss games to start the year, so hard to say about him. I think he could play some FB if need be too.

Florence is shaky. I hope he doesn't play much this year, if he makes the team.

Trevathan should make it, especially with the depth issues there at LB. Johnson might as well depending on how many LB 's they keep.

Thompson can only make the team if he returns punts, but Leonard might get that job.

Gort
08-31-2012, 08:04 AM
Jackson is a lock to make the team. I don't see Bolden making it to the PS, some team would grab him up.

Moreno is now a lock IMO. I'd rather they kept Johnson over Ball at RB.

Green helped his cause, though will miss games to start the year, so hard to say about him. I think he could play some FB if need be too.

Florence is shaky. I hope he doesn't play much this year, if he makes the team.

Trevathan should make it, especially with the depth issues there at LB. Johnson might as well depending on how many LB 's they keep.

Thompson can only make the team if he returns punts, but Leonard might get that job.

Ball is a lock. he played with Manning in Indy. Manning is comfortable with him. he's not going anywhere.

2KBack
08-31-2012, 08:06 AM
Ball is a lock. he played with Manning in Indy. Manning is comfortable with him. he's not going anywhere.

It's not like he was a go to guy or anything. It was one season back in 2008 and Ball had 15 total touches on the year. He's likely equally as familiar with the other backs by now

barryr
08-31-2012, 08:09 AM

I think Johnson could help returning kickoffs, which he did some while in college. He has more of a burst than Ball too.

outdoor_miner
08-31-2012, 08:14 AM
He could get the X linebacker spot, I am somewhat worried that he has played a lot with the 3rd teamers and I am not sure where Brooking is at.

That is crazy... You have Mohamed and Johnson as for sure on the team, but not Travathan? Travathan was playing with the first team nickle (and reports even started coming in that he was on the 1st team base unit) until he got hurt. I think the only reason he played so much last night was to get him some more reps to make up for his injury earlier. We'll see I guess, but I almost think of him as the top backup LB right now, and sounds like he didn't hurt his chances last night (although, I didn't get to watch the game).

ludo21
08-31-2012, 08:19 AM
My fringe guys I like:
Bolden, Travathan, S. Johnson (LB) and dont forget Robinson (bassically all the rookies).

Im in the camp that Gerrell Robinson size makes him way more valuable on our team and a team will snatch him up if we waive him.

Surprise Cuts:
Hanie? We can get a vet QB on the market if need be later on, but we have to stash some of these youngs guys on the team, no way they make waiver claims

Hamrob
08-31-2012, 08:25 AM
Trevathon's upside = Woodyard

Woodyard = Average at best

Hamrob
08-31-2012, 08:27 AM
I like Robinson. He's 6'4" 223lbs and makes plays. He needs development, but he has the intangibles you look for. They will most likely try to get him to the practice squad...but, I'd be worried someone else will try to sign him.

Hamrob
08-31-2012, 08:29 AM
I think they keep Hanie. Here's why?

He knows our offense
He has NFL starting experience
If PM goes down, Fox shifts to a running team, Hanie is big and mobile and can hand it off
Osweiler is at least a year a way from starting an NFL game

Hamrob
08-31-2012, 08:32 AM
I think they will try to trade Moreno if they can.

They will keep Ball. Here's why:

He plays special teams
He is a good receiver out of the backfield
He can pick up the blitz
He is part of the inner circle and reminds Studs of himself
Manning is familiar with him

2KBack
08-31-2012, 08:36 AM
I like Robinson. He's 6'4" 223lbs and makes plays. He needs development, but he has the intangibles you look for. They will most likely try to get him to the practice squad...but, I'd be worried someone else will try to sign him.

You sound to me more like an guy interested in measurables instead of intangibles.

cmhargrove
08-31-2012, 08:47 AM

Ditto, I love the way he plays and he is a fundamentally sound tackler (rare these days). I imagine Del Rio really likes the kid and I fully expect him to be on our practice squad.

gyldenlove
08-31-2012, 08:54 AM
That is crazy... You have Mohamed and Johnson as for sure on the team, but not Travathan? Travathan was playing with the first team nickle (and reports even started coming in that he was on the 1st team base unit) until he got hurt. I think the only reason he played so much last night was to get him some more reps to make up for his injury earlier. We'll see I guess, but I almost think of him as the top backup LB right now, and sounds like he didn't hurt his chances last night (although, I didn't get to watch the game).

Playing with the 1st team before training camp and in early camp is irrelevant and has as much to do with who shows up in shape as who can play football.
He has played with both 2nd and 3rd teamers in the 2 preseason games he has played in.

Mohamed is a key special teamer and Johnson has made more plays in the preseason than Trevarthan by a big margin - because of the injury I am not sure how much Trevarthan has played special teams, I haven't noticed him much which for a backup LB is huge and the main reason you always like to keep as many LBs as possible.

I did keep one LB spot open because I didn't want to commit to Trevarthan being cut, I think he can make it, but this FO has certainly shown they will put draftees on PS if they don't feel they can contribute right away.

2KBack
08-31-2012, 09:02 AM
Playing with the 1st team before training camp and in early camp is irrelevant and has as much to do with who shows up in shape as who can play football.
He has played with both 2nd and 3rd teamers in the 2 preseason games he has played in.

Mohamed is a key special teamer and Johnson has made more plays in the preseason than Trevarthan by a big margin - because of the injury I am not sure how much Trevarthan has played special teams, I haven't noticed him much which for a backup LB is huge and the main reason you always like to keep as many LBs as possible.

I did keep one LB spot open because I didn't want to commit to Trevarthan being cut, I think he can make it, but this FO has certainly shown they will put draftees on PS if they don't feel they can contribute right away.

I like Johnson as well, but Travathan has been nothing short of a tackle machine in the 2 games he played, and showed cover skills as well.

Kaylore
08-31-2012, 09:05 AM
Due to the late game yesterday, Broncos brass will not reporting to Dove Valley for final evaluations until 11:00 AM today, reportedly.

teknic
08-31-2012, 09:08 AM
I like Johnson as well, but Travathan has been nothing short of a tackle machine in the 2 games he played, and showed cover skills as well.

This.

Trevathan has played very well, there is no way that he is cut. I could even see him taking the starting WLB spot from Woodyard (While DJ is suspended). He's always around the ball, makes a lot of tackles and plays pretty decent coverage.

swaiy
08-31-2012, 09:15 AM
This.

Trevathan has played very well, there is no way that he is cut. I could even see him taking the starting WLB spot from Woodyard (While DJ is suspended). He's always around the ball, makes a lot of tackles and plays pretty decent coverage.

Man, Trevathan was around the ball almost every time. If not for physics, you'd think that guy had a clone of himself running around the field.

teknic
08-31-2012, 09:19 AM
I haven't seen much mention of Hillman. He hasn't played a lot in preseason, but he was running really well last night. Great vision and hits the hole hard, makes people miss and loses little speed coming out of his cuts. I would love to see what he can do behind our first team Oline.

gyldenlove
08-31-2012, 09:21 AM

Easy now, 11 tackles over 2 games is not what I would call a tackling machine.

gyldenlove
08-31-2012, 09:22 AM
This.

Okay, you people really need to calm the hell down. He is a rookie who has played 1 full game in the preseason with 2nd and 3rd teamers, he may be a starter down the road but this is just ridiculous.

gyldenlove
08-31-2012, 09:23 AM
I haven't seen much mention of Hillman. He hasn't played a lot in preseason, but he was running really well last night. Great vision and hits the hole hard, makes people miss and loses little speed coming out of his cuts. I would love to see what he can do behind our first team Oline.

He is going to be brought along slowly, he is still mending from the injury and would need time to absorb the plays and learn protections and audibles. I expect he will see time with the starters during the season when other RBs need a break or get injured though.

Inkana7
08-31-2012, 09:24 AM
Travathan is a lock for this team, as are Jackson and Moreno. They shouldn't even be in discussion as being "on the bubble." The guys I'm most interested in as being "bubble" players are Steven Johnson and Squid. Johnson has looked really active this preseason and could develop into, at the very least, a very good backup and STer. Squid got burned a lot last night, but he always seems to make some sort of play when he's in and has some a value as a returner. I doubt he makes the cut, though.

Before last night, I had assumed that Lance Ball was also a lock. The coaches seemed to like him, and he didn't play too terrible last year. But he really didn't play much last night, and Moreno and Hillman looked much better than he ever did. He's kind of like a worse version of Moreno when Knowshon plays at his best. I really don't see any value in keeping Ball, when JJ is more explosive and can find a niche in the offense that isn't being the "hey he won't **** up too bad" back that Ball is.

Another question is Bolden. He didn't play too swell in coverage from what I saw, but he made a few nice tackles on defense, and showed nice speed and vision on that return (albeit a return made pretty easy by the awesome blocking. Jeff Rogers, you da man). I don't know if this regime would just cut a draft pick like that, but our DB corps is pretty overloaded right now, and I don't know if he has shown enough to make the roster over someone like Squid or Tony Carter if we keep 10 (Champ, Porter, Carter, Moore, Adams, Harris, Leonhard, Bruton, Florence, other dude).

I feel a little better about our depth after last night's game. We still need backup OL really badly, but our backup Front 7, RBs, Safeties and TEs looked pretty good. There will be some tough cuts to make today.

teknic
08-31-2012, 09:26 AM
Okay, you people really need to calm the hell down. He is a rookie who has played 1 full game in the preseason with 2nd and 3rd teamers, he may be a starter down the road but this is just ridiculous.

Doesn't explain why you have a guy like Mohammed, who has shown absolutely nothing in TWO years now making the team over him.... I would prefer to keep players that show potential and look like they can contribute.

2KBack
08-31-2012, 09:31 AM

And what exactly Has Mohamed and Johnson shown that Travathan has not?

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-31-2012, 09:32 AM

It is way too early to make a consensus on the guy, but did he play 2 full games? 11 tackles for the time he was on the field is pretty good. Better than some LBs ahead of him would do

Marshall Dumervil
08-31-2012, 12:02 PM
Due to the late game yesterday, Broncos brass will not reporting to Dove Valley for final evaluations until 11:00 AM today, reportedly.

Anyone know what time cuts will be announced?

swaiy
08-31-2012, 12:10 PM
Anyone know what time cuts will be announced?

I saw a tweet that Elways is supposed to address the media about the team's transactions at 5PM. Denver time. What is that? Mountain time?

bronco militia
08-31-2012, 12:11 PM
I saw a tweet that Elways is supposed to address the media about the team's transactions at 5PM. Denver time. What is that? Mountain time?

yes

swaiy
08-31-2012, 12:12 PM
yes

Thanks. I've never been passed the state of Texas lol. Damn Army.

canadianbroncosfan
08-31-2012, 12:13 PM

yep

Requiem
08-31-2012, 12:23 PM
Three and a half hours until crunch time. Then we will trade for Julio Jones!!!!

Swedish Extrovert
08-31-2012, 12:44 PM

Well for only playing half a game... (11/2)*2*16 = 166 tackle season.

Not saying that's gonna happen, but Trevathan has looked good.

gyldenlove
08-31-2012, 12:52 PM

He played more than half a game yesterday for sure, he was on in the 1st and 3rd quarters I know.

Bacchus
08-31-2012, 01:17 PM

Woodyard better be scared.

underrated29
08-31-2012, 01:20 PM
I am going to name my penis trevathan! Badass

Chris
08-31-2012, 01:35 PM
Three and a half hours until crunch time. Then we will trade for Julio Jones!!!!

That's the cut deadline? Jeez, they really gave us a lot of time this year.

Bacchus
08-31-2012, 01:38 PM

Looking back how can a LBer lead the SEC in tackles and not get drafted until round 6? He is undersized but wow, he was impressive.

Swedish Extrovert
08-31-2012, 01:55 PM

He'd get pick up on waivers.

Swedish Extrovert
08-31-2012, 01:59 PM
He played more than half a game yesterday for sure, he was on in the 1st and 3rd quarters I know.

In that case, lets just say he played half of the third (11/2.25)*2*16 = 156 tackle season, lol.

lonestar
08-31-2012, 02:05 PM
Looking back how can a LBer lead the SEC in tackles and not get drafted until round 6? He is undersized but wow, he was impressive.

There have been smaller LBs in the NFL forever have played well and what if he is not an all pro if he is making the tackles better than DJ does who cares what his size is. Dump the moron and let this kid and WW grow into the spot.

Irish Stout
08-31-2012, 02:11 PM
I want everyone...