PDA

View Full Version : Madden 13 Online Franchise - PS3

teknic
08-30-2012, 12:35 PM
It would be awesome if we could get an OM online franchise going. If you're interested in joining, post here with your PSN and the team you would like to control. If you have any suggestions for the league (settings, etc.), feel free to post them. There are a few users that said they are picking up the game this week, so we won't be starting until they're good to go. More players are better.There's still time, sign up! :)

We can decide on the rules once it's determined that there are enough people interested in a PS3 online franchise. I think the standard settings will be fine, though I wouldn't mind turning off the accelerated clock. Fantasy drafting will be difficult to coordinate with all the different time zones unless we do it on a Sunday afternoon or something, so we should probably use the default rosters. It is expected that football etiquette reflective of the real NFL will be followed (ie. not going for it on every 4th down).

#1: teknic93 (Eagles)
#2: Drek717 (Broncos)
#3: CanUdigIT420 (Patriots)
#4: Wolfpack682 (49ers)
#5: Hartreq (Packers)
#6: bronco27dw (Giants)
#7: robertisyourface (Dolphins)
#8: Donaldflamenco (Redskins)
#9: den2329 (Panthers)
#10: Atwater27 (Falcons)
#11: jw449 (Seahawks)

Teams are tentative, you can pm me to request a change.

Drek
08-30-2012, 12:49 PM
I'd be interested.

Drek717 - if I can't have the Broncs I'd settle for the Rams or the Pats.

Chris
08-30-2012, 02:06 PM
My xbox disc drive is toast and I refuse to pay any more money for XBL, which I barely use. If I pick it up it will be on PS3. I'll let you know.

kdissette
08-30-2012, 02:11 PM
CanUdigIT420 and I only use the broncos....havent ever had to choose another...i guess i would use the pats if i cant get the broncs

supermanhr9
08-30-2012, 02:29 PM
You should all wait until after the rosters are set. Otherwise it's goofy.

maher_tyler
08-30-2012, 03:08 PM
You should all wait until after the rosters are set. Otherwise it's goofy.

This!

And i'd be down to join.

Wolfpack682

I'll take Broncos, 9ers or Ravens in that order.

Requiem
08-30-2012, 03:16 PM
Hartreq -- Down for Broncos, Packers or Colts.

Irish Stout
08-30-2012, 03:20 PM
You guys are gonna have to have a lottery for the Broncos. I'd be down, but I haven't bought it yet... is the new Madden worth it? I've been burned out since 2010.

teknic
08-30-2012, 03:35 PM
You guys are gonna have to have a lottery for the Broncos. I'd be down, but I haven't bought it yet... is the new Madden worth it? I've been burned out since 2010.

A lottery for the Broncos sounds like a good idea. I was going to pick them too, but I thought that would be unfair to claim them considering I started the thread!

Should we have a lottery for the Broncos, or just go with the current team selections?

The gameplay is a lot better this year, but I do miss some of the things from the old franchise mode (better trade process, ability to edit players). The AI is still quirky, but at least they cut down on the defensive backs defending passes that they can't see. I've heard mixed reviews for the game from my friends, but I like it.

Unless the league fills up really quickly, the roster update after final cuts will likely be available before we start. :thumbs:

errand
08-30-2012, 06:14 PM
Heard that the Bears road uniforms on Madden13 has a goof up...

They have the Bears wearing orange pants despite the Bears never wearing them

errand
08-30-2012, 06:22 PM
A lottery for the Broncos sounds like a good idea. I was going to pick them too, but I thought that would be unfair to claim them considering I started the thread!

Should we have a lottery for the Broncos, or just go with the current team selections?

As a non online player, is it possible for everyone to play as the Broncos?

That would make the teams even...

maher_tyler
08-30-2012, 06:56 PM

Its better but still has its issues. I had a leaping one handed pick with Champ last night. Its almost pointless to play D, especially against a team with a top TE. I usually ask Madden..thats has worked out ok.

Overall, so far its much better than last years. Doesn't seem as easy to pick the same plays over and over again and be successful.

Broncos4Life
08-30-2012, 09:23 PM
Hey teknic, hook me up with the giants.

bronco27dw

teknic
08-31-2012, 08:56 AM
Hey teknic, hook me up with the giants.

bronco27dw

Done. :)

Any other PS3 users want to get in on this?

teknic
08-31-2012, 06:12 PM
Bump.

Thedog07
09-01-2012, 04:36 PM
I need a league to join.
My PSN is robertisyourface
I'll take Miami if available.

Don Flamenco
09-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Donaldflamenco

Washington

kdissette
09-02-2012, 02:44 AM
are you gonna send out invites? when is this gonna start?

JCsuperstar
09-02-2012, 02:07 PM
I'd take Detroit - den2329

Smilin Assassin
09-02-2012, 02:12 PM
Heard that the Bears road uniforms on Madden13 has a goof up...

They have the Bears wearing orange pants despite the Bears never wearing them

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1134447-chicago-bears-alternate-uniforms-to-sport-orange-pants

teknic
09-02-2012, 05:45 PM
are you gonna send out invites? when is this gonna start?

Might as well wait for the roster update before we start this thing. Gives people a couple more days to join.

Chris
09-02-2012, 09:33 PM
What is the time commitment

teknic
09-02-2012, 09:55 PM
What is the time commitment

I think playing two games a week would be ideal. We could do one game a week though if people have very busy schedules, that just makes for a very long season. Once all the interested players have signed up, we can work out a schedule.

TUG
09-03-2012, 12:45 PM
I will take the Bears, Falcons, or Seahawks If league starts after the seventh. I will post PSN once stuff is finalized. I would prefer Seahawks

Ironlung
09-03-2012, 01:02 PM
Done. :)

Any other PS3 users want to get in on this?

I'll play. Atwater27. Falcons or Texans if atl is not available.

Ironlung
09-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Id like to switch to ATL if possible. Thanks

maher_tyler
09-03-2012, 11:56 PM
Been playing online...people going for it on 4th down winning or losing no matter the yardage and kicking onside kicks etc. If any of this **** goes on in this league count me out.

Ironlung
09-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Been playing online...people going for it on 4th down winning or losing no matter the yardage and kicking onside kicks etc. If any of this **** goes on in this league count me out.

This is why i only play friends online...way too many cheesers out there.

Doggcow
09-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Can we fantasy draft?

Don Flamenco
09-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Can we fantasy draft?

I second the fantasy draft

Doggcow
09-04-2012, 03:19 PM
I second the fantasy draft

Then teams more even and everyone is happy with a few broncos

Requiem
09-04-2012, 03:21 PM
**** no to a fantasy draft. You play with the fuggin roster of the team you get bitches.

JCsuperstar
09-04-2012, 04:29 PM
I think a fantasy draft sounds fun.

kdissette
09-04-2012, 05:05 PM
i dont like fantasy drafts no way do i want to get stuck with phillip rivers in a broncos uniform or some dumb crap. takes the fun out of the advantages and weaknesses of each team...might as well play with pro bowl teams then.

teknic
09-05-2012, 12:20 AM
Mixed opinion on the fantasy draft... I'll put it to a poll when the league is finalized.

It might be difficult to coordinate a draft with this many players, but I'm not opposed to it.

Doggcow
09-05-2012, 12:21 AM
Denver will have a huge advantage every year then because no one will play a whole chiefs/raiders/chargers roster... So they will get 6 smashing wins vs CPU.

Doggcow
09-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Also, we shouldn't allow CPU trades. If we do, ONE CPU trade max BEFORE Season starts. And it has to be legit. No Colquitt for Adrian Peterson crap. We all know Colquitt is way better and that's just not fair to the rest of the league if they only give up AD for him.

Tom Nalen
09-05-2012, 01:30 AM
Count me in for this...my psn is dummehead..Ill take the Cowboys.

Oh ad how are you going to communicate in this league? BY phone numbers?

Don Flamenco
09-05-2012, 07:48 AM
So how does this work? Are we just gonna get messaged about the details?

We should take a vote on the fantasy draft too!

Chris
09-05-2012, 07:52 AM
I wish there was a spectate option so that I could pop in and watch your games. Unfortunately I don't think I'm going to have time for this this year. Plus, I'm not very good. I only beat the raiders by 18 points.

Broncos4Life
09-05-2012, 10:12 AM
So how does this work? Are we just gonna get messaged about the details?

We should take a vote on the fantasy draft too!

Unfortunately there is no fantasy draft in Madden 13. They took it out. And EA has said there will be no fantasy draft in any of the upcoming patches.

We should really wait until the patch to come out before we start. That will also allow some other guys to join up.

teknic
09-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Unfortunately there is no fantasy draft in Madden 13. They took it out. And EA has said there will be no fantasy draft in any of the upcoming patches.

We should really wait until the patch to come out before we start. That will also allow some other guys to join up.

I wasn't aware that the fantasy draft was removed. I guess that solves that problem though. :)

Denver will have a huge advantage every year then because no one will play a whole chiefs/raiders/chargers roster... So they will get 6 smashing wins vs CPU.

LOL We could try to consolidate the divisions if we get a nice even number (12,16..etc) to get the max number of games against each other.

Broncos4Life
09-05-2012, 07:33 PM
I wasn't aware that the fantasy draft was removed. I guess that solves that problem though. :)

LOL We could try to consolidate the divisions if we get a nice even number (12,16..etc) to get the max number of games against each other.

We would have to play the CPU I believe. Not %100 sure, but I think whatever teams are not chosen will be replaced by the CPU.

I'm playing a private online CCM as Broncos HC with only 1 team. Reason for playing online is that my CCM can get tuner updates, therefore having best gameplay available. So CPU is controlling the other 31 teams.

Broncos4Life
09-05-2012, 07:37 PM
It just sucks that EA gives us the best gameply in years, but fails to give us the options we love: Fantasy draft/roster edits/Franchise mode options-changing divisions and such.....

teknic
09-05-2012, 07:55 PM
It just sucks that EA gives us the best gameply in years, but fails to give us the options we love: Fantasy draft/roster edits/Franchise mode options-changing divisions and such.....

Don't worry, EA will bring it back in Madden 14 and try to tell us that it's a new feature. LOL

Broncos4Life
09-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Don't worry, EA will bring it back in Madden 14 and try to tell us that it's a new feature. LOL

HAHA!

They do this crap every season!

kdissette
09-06-2012, 02:34 AM
yeah i dont like that they took out player edit....now i have a bunch of RE's when i could be switching them to OLBs and LEs

Ironlung
09-06-2012, 06:56 AM
yeah i dont like that they took out player edit....now i have a bunch of RE's when i could be switching them to OLBs and LEs

Can you just not edit positions? I was able to go in & change Hillmans number to 21.

Broncos4Life
09-06-2012, 09:14 AM
Can you just not edit positions? I was able to go in & change Hillmans number to 21.

You can only edit for play now mode. Which doesn't make a lot of sense. 99% of the people that play Madden don't care about editing rosters for a single game mode. Its got to be the most stupid thing EA has ever done with Madden.

Ironlung
09-06-2012, 09:26 AM
You can only edit for play now mode. Which doesn't make a lot of sense. 99% of the people that play Madden don't care about editing rosters for a single game mode. Its got to be the most stupid thing EA has ever done with Madden.

Wow. I didn't realize that. That is retarded.

srphoenix
09-06-2012, 09:50 AM
i'm quite ticked about the exclusion of fantasy draft. figuring out draft strategies then running a season with those picks was about the most fun madden offered. It's not like it would take anymore to code it in... just stupid.

At least the defensive coverage schemes are finally ironed out and corrected. No more getting beat by the same pass over and over again with no way to stop it. (at least not yet, lol)

TUG
09-06-2012, 07:34 PM
PSN: jw449 Seahawks please

Doggcow
09-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Oh and I'll take the Saints.

Doggcow
09-07-2012, 02:13 PM
i'm quite ticked about the exclusion of fantasy draft. figuring out draft strategies then running a season with those picks was about the most fun madden offered. It's not like it would take anymore to code it in... just stupid.

At least the defensive coverage schemes are finally ironed out and corrected. No more getting beat by the same pass over and over again with no way to stop it. (at least not yet, lol)

Wait what? Champ gets smoked every game for me, repeatedly. Spotlighting receivers does nothing. Blitzes don't get there, and zones get shredded by TE's.

If you know tricks, I'd gladly like to hear them.

Ironlung
09-07-2012, 02:57 PM
If we can somehow get someone to pick Cowboys & Bucs we would have two full divisions.

Broncos4Life
09-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Wait what? Champ gets smoked every game for me, repeatedly. Spotlighting receivers does nothing. Blitzes don't get there, and zones get shredded by TE's.

I've played games both on All Pro and All Madden.
And 1 online match. I've only been burned for 1 TD
With Champ so far. And that's because the ball was
thrown perfect. And Champ was in press trailing.
Safety couldn't get there and they got outrun.

Try shifting the DL. Changing what gaps they attack.
Same with LB's. And if you blitz with no help over
the top, think about playing your corners off their
man. Also try re-blitzing players. When you do this,
they blitz straight down, versus whatever angle
they were originally blitzing.

Watch out if you spotlight a WR while
playing zone.It seemed like it would throw
The whole defense out of wack in Madden '12.

maher_tyler
09-07-2012, 05:36 PM

Champ hardly ever gets torched if ever for me. I use a 4-3 on first down unless the guy has 3 WRs or more on the field. I switch it up between man and zone. If I'm winning and the guy has 3+ WRs on the field, I almost always use a dime package. I blitz once in awhile. Last but not least and because D is so hard to play in this game. Once the ball is hutted, i don't touch any of the buttons..i let the computer do the work on D. Only had 1 game where i got torched and i think the computer played a roll in that considering the guy audibled and threw a ball to Joe Staley for a 15 yard reception.

Also, I'm sure you have but make Harris the nickle corner. He's a beast.

Edit: If you go over the Broncos DBs...Champ, Porter and Harris have better stats in man to man than zone and aren't very good at press coverage.

TUG
09-10-2012, 10:14 PM
So whats the story with the league?

maher_tyler
09-13-2012, 05:27 PM
Online Fantasy Drafts coming to Madden NFL 13 tomorrow!

http://www.facebook.com/EASportsMaddenNFL

We still going to do this thing?? We can now do a fantasy draft starting tomorrow!

teknic
09-13-2012, 06:33 PM
Online Fantasy Drafts coming to Madden NFL 13 tomorrow!

http://www.facebook.com/EASportsMaddenNFL

We still going to do this thing?? We can now do a fantasy draft starting tomorrow!

Sorry guys, I've been without internet access for a few days. Just moved to a new house.

I didn't hear that fantasy drafts are back, but that is good news.

We can start the league whenever. Is everybody ready?

Should we hold a fantasy draft? (What time would be good for everyone?)

Doggcow
09-13-2012, 07:11 PM
Champ hardly ever gets torched if ever for me. I use a 4-3 on first down unless the guy has 3 WRs or more on the field. I switch it up between man and zone. If I'm winning and the guy has 3+ WRs on the field, I almost always use a dime package. I blitz once in awhile. Last but not least and because D is so hard to play in this game. Once the ball is hutted, i don't touch any of the buttons..i let the computer do the work on D. Only had 1 game where i got torched and i think the computer played a roll in that considering the guy audibled and threw a ball to Joe Staley for a 15 yard reception.

Also, I'm sure you have but make Harris the nickle corner. He's a beast.

Edit: If you go over the Broncos DBs...Champ, Porter and Harris have better stats in man to man than zone and aren't very good at press coverage.

I blitz A LOT. So I play almost only man coverage. I put Woodyard in as the Will for Speed. I've found this game is won exclusively on turnovers (I'm speaking purely online btw). After a while defense has settled in, but corners still get blasted left and right, even in off coverage and cover 2 WR's are running free on 3rd and 20... Really frustrating.

And yes, of course I use Harris as #3! Bolden as #4.

Doggcow
09-13-2012, 07:13 PM
Sorry guys, I've been without internet access for a few days. Just moved to a new house.

I didn't hear that fantasy drafts are back, but that is good news.

We can start the league whenever. Is everybody ready?

Should we hold a fantasy draft? (What time would be good for everyone?)

I think a Fantasy Draft would be fun, and balances it out a bit. Then we can also load up the same divisions/Conference for more PvP games.

maher_tyler
09-13-2012, 09:29 PM
I blitz A LOT. So I play almost only man coverage. I put Woodyard in as the Will for Speed. I've found this game is won exclusively on turnovers (I'm speaking purely online btw). After a while defense has settled in, but corners still get blasted left and right, even in off coverage and cover 2 WR's are running free on 3rd and 20... Really frustrating.

And yes, of course I use Harris as #3! Bolden as #4.

Just switch it up. Most guys are pass happy in this game so use nickel. My strategy is to have one more CB than WR on the field unless he picks a 4 WR set. You gotta have a good combo going. If you blitz a lot you'll give up big screen plays or plays down field etc.

Most points I've given up in my last 10 is 13 with two shutouts.

Doggcow
09-13-2012, 09:34 PM
Just switch it up. Most guys are pass happy in this game so use nickel. My strategy is to have one more CB than WR on the field unless he picks a 4 WR set. You gotta have a good combo going. If you blitz a lot you'll give up big screen plays or plays down field etc.

Most points I've given up in my last 10 is 13 with two shutouts.

No way you're playing the same caliber players I am. Everyone I've played has at least a small grasp of offense and can shred zones and man. Every game is 50+ total points. Unless you start running the clock out in the first quarter... then maybe.

maher_tyler
09-13-2012, 10:56 PM
No way you're playing the same caliber players I am. Everyone I've played has at least a small grasp of offense and can shred zones and man. Every game is 50+ total points. Unless you start running the clock out in the first quarter... then maybe.

I just go to play now...I don't go into the lobbies. I just played a guy that used the Panthers. I won 34-28. 12 game win streak. It works out pretty well for me...

teknic
09-15-2012, 09:56 AM
I think a Fantasy Draft would be fun, and balances it out a bit. Then we can also load up the same divisions/Conference for more PvP games.

Okay, I put a poll up.

I think all of the OM members that are interested have signed up by now, so we can start whenever. :)

kdissette
09-15-2012, 06:05 PM
if we have a fantasy draft you can just count me out i hate the probowl and dont like seeing players from different teams on other teams...not my idea of fun