PDA

View Full Version : Other Teams Cuts

Bacchus
08-27-2012, 02:53 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-TnT8pXhIudQ/TmJIjFCgEHI/AAAAAAAAA90/mmefhXkHfM8/s1600/NFL-logo.jpg

List cuts of other teams and who might be a good fit for the Broncos. We can keep a running thread of who has been released and who has been signed.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-27-2012, 03:01 PM
Pats just released Jabar Gaffney... wouldn't mind seeing us grab him.

Bacchus
08-27-2012, 03:08 PM
Pats just released Jabar Gaffney... wouldn't mind seeing us grab him.

I'm not sure, I like Denver's receivers. he would be 4th best. Is he worth getting at the expense of Willis?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-27-2012, 03:12 PM
I'm not sure, I like Denver's receivers. he would be 4th best. Is he worth getting at the expense of Willis?

I like our starting receivers. Saw an awful lot of drops this preseason... making me wonder.

He's got sure hands and runs good routes.

BMarsh615
08-27-2012, 03:17 PM
I like Gaffney a lot and our top 3 WR's aren't exactly reliable when it comes to staying healthy. The problem with Gaffney is he doesn't play ST's, but I think he would be a realiable fair catcher on punt returns.

Gaffney right now is better than Stokely, he just isn't as in-tune with Manning. If Stokely went down, Gaffney would be a very reliable guy to put in the slot.

Bacchus
08-27-2012, 03:17 PM
I like our starting receivers. Saw an awful lot of drops this preseason... making me wonder.

He's got sure hands and runs good routes.

You are right he is pretty sure handed. You know I bet Manning would like him so he might not be a bad signing. I just hate to give up on young talent but maybe the young talent we have at WR and at Safety aren't worth keeping. I do look for a signing of a LBer and the release of Brooking.

pricejj
08-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Beliceat going ape **** on the Patriots roster for the crappy Offensive showing they have had. Released Chad Johnson, Donte Stallworth, and now Jabar Gaffney.

Patriots remaining WR's:
1. Welker
2. B. Lloyd
3. Deion Branch
4. Julian Edelman

Probably the slowest and oldest group in football.

The Joker
08-27-2012, 03:19 PM
I'd have him back in a heartbeat honestly.

Only 31 and was productive last year. The only question is his health, apparently he's had a few issues getting 100%.

Bacchus
08-27-2012, 03:19 PM
Beliceat going ape **** on the Patriots roster for the crappy Offensive showing they have had. Released Chad Johnson, Donte Stallworth, and now Jabar Gaffney.

Patriots remaining WR's:
1. Welker
2. B. Lloyd
3. Deion Branch
4. Julian Edelman

That's OK they have the two best receiving TEs in the NFL.

pricejj
08-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Don't forget the twitter meltdown...

BMarsh615
08-27-2012, 03:20 PM

Patriots remaining WR's:
1. Welker
2. B. Lloyd
3. Deion Branch
4. Julian Edelman

Brandon Lloyd is going to have a fantastic year. He would have been great to have this year.

The Joker
08-27-2012, 03:23 PM
I don't buy into the Lloyd hype, the Pats will use the TE's and Welker and work the centre of the field and dink and dunk like they always do.

Lloyd will probably make the odd big play here and there, but he's not even close to being Randy Moss.

AmericanBroncFan
08-27-2012, 03:26 PM
B Lloyd is a one hit wonder. He'll g back to being a journeyman WR

Jekyll15Hyde
08-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Would easily take him over bubba right now

Bacchus
08-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Who else has been released?

Tombstone RJ
08-27-2012, 03:33 PM

Patriots remaining WR's:
1. Welker
2. B. Lloyd
3. Deion Branch
4. Julian Edelman

Yah, he's going with a TE heavy passing attack. He just inked Hernandez to a big contract.

Smiling Assassin27
08-27-2012, 03:35 PM
based on what bubba's shown, gaffney would be an upgrade. rick upchurch would be an upgrade.

razorwire77
08-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Bills cut Vince Young. When Buffalo cuts you, it's time to practice your French-Canadian.

Conklin
08-27-2012, 04:03 PM
Roscoe Parrish, he's better than Florrence!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Bills cut Vince Young. When Buffalo cuts you, it's time to practice your French-Canadian.

He's still pretty fast.

Could we bring him in at PR/KR?

Conklin
08-27-2012, 04:14 PM
Josh Barrett and Gerard Warren also released by NE

DBroncos4life
08-27-2012, 04:17 PM
We a need better WR. Willis is a hard worker but he isn't that impressive in the return game to need to keep for SP teams.

Ziggy
08-27-2012, 04:27 PM
Josh Barrett and Gerard Warren also released by NE

Josh Barrett is a poor man's David Bruton. Warren isn't any better than Unrein, and he's much older.

canadianbroncosfan
08-27-2012, 04:34 PM

Yes please :)

That's the quality of QBs in the CFL, I would be excited to see Vince Young north of the border.

Wes Mantooth
08-27-2012, 04:44 PM
I don't buy into the Lloyd hype, the Pats will use the TE's and Welker and work the centre of the field and dink and dunk like they always do.

Lloyd will probably make the odd big play here and there, but he's not even close to being Randy Moss.

because that's what mcdainels does: calls plays for tight ends

The Joker
08-27-2012, 04:56 PM
because that's what mcdainels does: calls plays for tight ends

He'll run the offence that Brady and Belicheck tell him to.

If you think McDaniels is going to go in there and run the CIDTL offence then I honestly don't know what to tell you.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-27-2012, 05:01 PM
There was a time when Brady and Mcdaniels wouldnt even speak to each other. We all know belichick calls the shots in NE. Multiple examples of coaches looking "good" while there, then look like turds when they go off on their own.

Bmore Manning
08-27-2012, 05:10 PM
Shaun Smith for NT depth, and in some odd man fronts. Good against the run, something many teams will do to try to slow down Peyton.

Bacchus
08-27-2012, 05:51 PM
Shaun Smith for NT depth, and in some odd man fronts. Good against the run, something many teams will do to try to slow down Peyton.

who did he play for?

DBroncos4life
08-27-2012, 05:55 PM
who did he play for?

Titans. He has been on three teams in the last three years with about 16 games started in that three year span. He is washed up.

Crap four teams over the last four years.

broncosteven
08-27-2012, 06:01 PM

If you think McDaniels is going to go in there and run the CIDTL offence then I honestly don't know what to tell you.

I think Belly will let mCd CIDTL quite a bit this year, he let him chuck it deep to Moss the last year mCd was his OC. I think Lloyd will be fine making circus catches to keep Tommy looking good for another year or 2.

Hate to see them play us again this year but we at least have a fighting chance this year.

Bmore Manning
08-27-2012, 06:03 PM
Titans. He has been on three teams in the last three years with about 16 games started in that three year span. He is washed up.

He was a cap casualty in Tennessee. They have 4 young DTs, so they will develop them. He can clog the middle, period.

DBroncos4life
08-27-2012, 06:13 PM
He was a cap casualty in Tennessee. They have 4 young DTs, so they will develop them. He can clog the middle, period.

Four teams in the last four years. He has started 25 out of his last 64 games. The only thing he can clog is the IR. Why do you have a thing for washed up DT's that won't help Manning out at all?

Bmore Manning
08-27-2012, 06:18 PM
Four teams in the last four years. He has started 25 out of his last 64 games. The only thing he can clog is the IR. Why do you have a thing for washed up DT's that won't help Manning out at all?

I know what teams do to beat Manning. Listen, I offer suggestions to help the team. DT depth doesn't hurt, it starts up front. Do you really like how Bannan and Unrein look? In fact outside of Warrens glowing TC reports, what DTs look good? And don't say Wolfe.

DBroncos4life
08-27-2012, 06:23 PM
I know what teams do to beat Manning. Listen, I offer suggestions to help the team. DT depth doesn't hurt, it starts up front. Do you really like how Bannan and Unrein look? In fact outside of Warrens glowing TC reports, what DTs look good? And don't say Wolfe.

You offer suggestions for players to end up on IR, just like our little Shaun Rogers debate.

houghtam
08-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Can we merge this with the Dontari Poe thread? :)

Bmore Manning
08-27-2012, 06:29 PM
You offer suggestions for players to end up on IR, just like our little Shaun Rogers debate.

Yeah I wondered when the blood cut issue would come up. I had thought I read he was performing well and lost weight prior to the clot. Smith had reportedly lost weight and was in great shape. He knew his roster spot wasn't guaranteed. It's good sometimes to have players with something to prove. I don't think he was on IR either of the last two years..

And who has played well at DT in pre season?

Bmore Manning
08-27-2012, 06:43 PM
Run stuffers are less and less popular in the pass happy NFL. But Smith can stop the run. I like him in some exotic 3-4 looks and goal line and heavy packages. KC may bring him in for the same reason. He had 44 tackles and one sack in 6 games he started last year and 15 he played in. He's not a starter, he's a situational and scheme run defender.

Again who do you like at DT based on the preseason?

Wes Mantooth
08-27-2012, 07:13 PM

do you think he has magically become a new coordinator? time for hb screens, bubble screens, downfield throws and draws

The Joker
08-27-2012, 07:42 PM
do you think he has magically become a new coordinator? time for hb screens, bubble screens, downfield throws and draws

No, but I do think he now has a QB who's vastly better than Kyle Orton. Orton spent a lot of time forcing the ball into Lloyd, you think Tom Brady is going to do the same when he's got targets like Welker, Gronk and Hernandez running about out there?

A large amount of Lloyd's production in 2010 also came in garbage time against soft coverage, Pats generally don't get blown out.

You seem to think McDaniels is going to go in there and put his own stamp on things and start doing things his way?

All those screens you talk about is something the Pats do a lot of already. Yeah they'll take some shots downfield like every team does, but I'm betting their bread and butter will come from the shorter stuff.

You may be right though, perhaps Belicheck will allow McDaniels to come in and phase one of the best TE combos the game has ever seen in order to spend games launching the ball at a 31 year old receiver whose only ever had one ood year. It could go either way.

Bacchus
08-27-2012, 11:26 PM

Sounds a little like Omon, talented enough to be on the practice squad but not much upside.

Bacchus
08-27-2012, 11:28 PM
Run stuffers are less and less popular in the pass happy NFL. But Smith can stop the run. I like him in some exotic 3-4 looks and goal line and heavy packages. KC may bring him in for the same reason. He had 44 tackles and one sack in 6 games he started last year and 15 he played in. He's not a starter, he's a situational and scheme run defender.

Again who do you like at DT based on the preseason?

You might not have heard but their is another thread he where KCstud is saying they are fine at DT and Poe will be in the HOF probably before he retires he is so good.

Bacchus
08-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Knowshown Moreno and James Starks potential cuts?
Adam Schefter said on ESPN's SportsCenter that the two former starting running backs for the Broncos and Packers (respectively) are in real danger of losing their jobs.
Moreno, a former first-round pick, seems to be the odd man out after the Broncos used a high pick on Ronnie Hillman. If Moreno does get the axe, he has enough raw talent as a former first-round pick to get at least one more shot with another team.
Meanwhile, Starks is struggling with a turf toe (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000053139/article/james-starks-in-danger-of-not-making-packers), and after the team was able to add Cedric Benson, Starks has become expendable.

I thought Starks had real potential in GB. I doubt Denver needs him but he'll land somewhere.

Bacchus
08-27-2012, 11:55 PM
Arizona Cardinals

Waives/Releases: DT Landon Cohen, WR Gino Crump, S Eddie Elder, WR Tre Gray, CB Marshay Green, WR Jaymar Johnson, FB Reagan Maui'a, LB Marcus McGraw, LB Zack Nash, CB James Nixon, K Ricky Schmitt, LB Paul Vassallo
Waived/Injured: RB Thomas Clayton, FB Jared Crank

Atlanta Falcons

Waives/Releases: QB John Parker Wilson, TE Chase Coffman, LB Max Gruder, K Erik Folk, Richard Medlin, FB Lee Meisner, DE Louis Nzegwu, WR Kenny Stafford, TE Aron White
Non-Football Injury: DT Corey Peters

Baltimore Ravens

Waives/Releases: K Billy Cundiff, TE Davon Drew, WR Devin Goda, OL Addison Lawrence, CB Jordan Maybin, C Cecil Newton, LS Patrick Scales, QB Chester Stewart, WR Patrick Williams
PUP: LB Terrell Suggs, WR David Reed

Buffalo Bills

Waives/Releases: WR David Clowney, CB Prince Miller, LB Danny Batten, DE Sean Ferguson, TE Fendi Onobun, DT Jay Ross, WR Derek Session, DB Nick Sukay and OG Jake Vermiglio
PUP: TE Mike Caussin

NY Jets
Former 4th round pick for Broncos cut. Of course punters always seem to hang around
Waives/Releases: P Nick Harris, K Olindo Mare, WR Darvin Adams, WR Michael Avila, WR Brenton Bersin, WR Rico Wallace, RB Josh Vaughan, RB Lyndon Rowells, TE Greg Smith, OG Roger Allen, OG Will Blackwell, DE Eric Norwood
IR: CB Brandon Hogan

Chicago Bears

Waives/Releases: DT John McCargo, LB K.C. Asiodu, QB Matt Blanchard, S Trevor Coston, WR Terriun Crump, WR Chris Summers, DE Derek Walker, DE Thaddeus Gibson, RB Harvey Unga
Waived/Injured: LB Adrien Cole, OG Nick Pieschel

Swedish Extrovert
08-27-2012, 11:57 PM
Who else has been released?

Why dont you put them all in OP so posters dont have to rummage through posts about individual players just to get the list.

Bacchus
08-28-2012, 12:15 AM
Cinncinnati Bengals

Waives/Releases: DE Luke Black, RB Aaron Brown, QB Tyler Hansen, OG Matt Murphy, WR Kashif Moore[/URL]
IR: CB Brandon Ghee, CB Shaun Prater, WR Taveon Rodgers, S Robert Sands, OG Travelle Wharton

Cleveland Browns

Waives/Releases: OL Jake Anderson, OL Matt Cleveland, DB Emanuel Davis, LB JoJo Dickson, P Spencer Lanning, WR Carlton Mitchell, WR Bert Reed, WR Jermaine Saffold, WR Owen Spencer
Waived/Injured: DL Marcus Benard, DL Auston English, DB Antwuan Reed

Dallas Cowboys

Waives/Releases: OT Levy Adcock, P Delbert Alvarado, TE Harry Flaherty, WR David Little, OT Tyrone Novikoff, WR Raymond Radway, RB Javarris Williams, CB C.J. Wilson, LS Charley Hughlett
Waived/Injured: WR Donavon Kemp, LB Caleb McSurdy
PUP: OG Kevin Kowalski

Detroit Lions

Waives/Releases: K Derek Dimke, FB James Bryant, WR Jarett Dillard, RB Stephfon Green, S Sean Jones, OG Jacques McClendon, LB Slade Norris, OG J.C. Oram, DT Bobby Skinner, WR Terrence Toliver, WR Dominique Curry, WR Issac Madison
PUP: RB Jahvid Best

Green Bay Packers

Waives/Releases: FB Jon Hoese, DE Jarius Wynn
PUP: TE Andrew Quarless, LB Frank Zombo
IR: LB Desmond Bishop, RB Du’ane Bennett, TE DeMarco Cosby, OG Ray Dominguez, DE Johnny Jones, WR Shaky Smithson

Houston Texans

Waives/Releases: OT Nick Mondek, C Thomas Austin, P Brett Hartmann, WR Mario Lewis, RB Davin Meggett, DE Jimmy Saddler-McQueen, FB Derrell Smith, OG Kasey Studdard, CB Torri Williams, LB Omar Gaither, WR Bryant Johnson
IR: K Randy Bullock
PUP: LB Darryl Sharpton

Indianapolis Colts

Waives/Releases: CB Chris Rucker, CB Cameron Chism, CB, Antonio Fenelus, CB Terrence Johnson, S Matt Merletti, S David Caldwell, LB Mike Balogun, WR Quan Cosby, RB Alvester Alexander, OG Jason Foster, P Brian Stahovich
IR: DT Brandon McKinney, OG George Foster, WR Griff Whalen

Jacksonville Jaguars

Waives/Releases: CB Ashton Youboty, QB Nathan Enderle, WR Chastin West, LB Nate Bussey, RB DuJuan Harris, CB Mike Holmes, OT Dan Hoch, LB Donovan Richard, FB Brock Bolen[URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8060/donovan-richard"] (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7060/matt-murphy)
IR: OG John Estes, OG Drew Nowak, OG Jason Spitz, TE Matt Veldman
PUP: DE John Chickand, LB Clint Session

Kansas City Creeps
Waives/Releases: FB Shane Bannon, TE Tim Biere, WR Brandon Kinnie, WR Zeke Markshausen, WR Aaron Weaver, OL Justin Cheadle, OL Cam Hollland, DE Ethan Johnson, LB Dexter Heyman, DB Dominique Ellis, DB Jean Fanor, K Matt Szymanski, WR Jeremy Horne, LB Caleb Campbell

Bacchus
08-28-2012, 12:19 AM
Miami Dolphins

Waives/Releases: TE Les Brown, DT Chas Alecxih, CB Marcus Brown, S Tyrell Johnson, CB Trenton Hughes, LB Josh Linam, RB Jerome Messam, DE Jacquies Smith, CB Jonathan Wade
PUP: RB Jonas Gray

Minnesota Vikings

Waives/Releases: OG Bridger Buche, RB Derrick Coleman, OG Grant Cook, LB Soloman Elimimian, DB Corey Gatewood, OT Levi Horn, DE Anthony Jacobs, WR Kamar Jorden, WR A.J. Love, LB Tyler Nielsen, DE Ernest Owusu, DT Tydreke Powell, CB Chris Stroud, WR Kerry Taylor, WR Bryan Walters[/URL]
IR: WR Greg Childs, DB Nicholas Taylor

New England Patriots

Waives/Releases: WR Donte’ Stallworth, WR Jabar Gaffney, DL Gerard Warren, DL Tim Bulman, S Ross Ventrone[URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6072/ross-ventrone"] (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6201/bryan-walters)
IR: CB Will Allen, S Josh Barrett, FB Spencer Larsen
PUP: TE Jake Ballard, DL Martin Pryor
Non-Football Injury: OL Markus Zusevics

New Orleans Saints

Waives/Releases: DT Remi Ayodele, QB Luke McCown, TE Jake Byrne, WR Marques Clark, WR Kevin Hardy, WR Derek Moye, OL Hutch Eckerson, OL Paul Fenaroli, OL Brian Folkerts, DE Donavan Robinson, DT Swanson Miller, LB Aaron Tevis, CB Kamaal McIlwain, CB Cord Parks, S Johnny Thomas

New York Giants

Waives/Releases: CB Antwaun Molden, TE Ryan Purvis, DT Carlton Powell, CB Chris Horton, WR Julian Talley, WR Brandon Collins, TE Christian Hopkins, CB Brandon Bing, CB Jojo Nicolas, RB Joe Martinek, OT Joel Reinders, DT Oren Wilson
IR: OL Brandon Mosley
PUP: DT Chris Canty, TE Travis Beckham

New York Jets

Waives/Releases: WR Dexter Jackson, OG Terrence Campbell, LS Derek Chard, DT Matt Hardison, CB LeQuan Lewis, S Marcus Lott, WR Raymond Webber, OLB Damario Ambrose, WR Stanley Aruke, WR Wes Kemp, RB Jeremy Stewart, K Josh Brown
Waived/Injured: TE Josh Baker

Oakland Raiders

Waives/Releases: LB Korey Bosworth, DE Mason Brodine, DE Wayne Dorsey, S Aaron Henry, S Chaz Powell, CB Terrail Lambert, WR Thomas Mayo, WR DeAundre Muhammad, QB Kyle Newhall-Caballero, FB Manase Tonga
Waived/Injured: OL Ed Wang, FB Rashawn Jackson

Philadelphia Eagles

Waives/Releases: WR Jamel Hamler
IR: OT Jason Peters, OG Mike Gibson
Non-Football Illness: DT Mike Patterson

Bacchus
08-28-2012, 12:23 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers

Waives/Releases: LB Ryan Baker, DT Mike Blanc, WR Paul Cox, CB Andre Freeman, K Daniel Hrapmann, OL Kyle Jolly, LS Matt Katula, TE Jamie McCoy, CB Walter McFadden, TE Justin Peelle, S Myron Rolle, WR Juamorris Stewart, DT Kade Weston, WR Jimmy Young
Waived/Injured: LB Mortty Ivy

San Diego Chargers

Waives/Releases: WR Roscoe Parrish, WR Jason Barnes, WR Taylor Embree, WR Phillip Payne, DT Eddie Brown, LS Nick Guess, RB Michael Hayes, TE Brad Taylor, OT Phil Trautwein, DT Garrett Brown, OT Michael Toudouze
Non-Football/Injury: OG Johnny Troutman
Non-Football/Illness: OL Brandyn Dombrowski

San Fran

Waives/Releases: OT Jason Slowey, RB Cameron Bell, LB Kourtnei Brown, WR Brian Tyms, S Cory Nelms, WR Joe Hastings, WR Ben Hannula, K Giorgio Tavecchio, DT Matt Masifilo, CB Deante’ Purvis, TE Joe Sawyer, DT Patrick Butrym
PUP: LB Darius Fleming
Non-Football Injury: RB Jewel Hampton

Seattle Seahawks

Waives/Releases: WR Terrell Owens (http://bleacherreport.com/terrell-owens), OG Deuce Lutui, OT Alex Barron, WR Phil Bates, OT Edawn Coughman, CB Donny Lisowski, CB Ron Parker, RB Tyrell Sutton
Waived/Injured: LB Jameson Konz, DT Lazarius Levingston, CB Roy Lewis, TE Cameron Morrah

St. Louis Rams

Waives/Releases: DL John Gill, LB Noah Keller, FB Todd Anderson, K Garrett Lindholm, RB Nicholas Schweiger, WR Charles Gilbert, WR Brandyn Harvey, OL Kevin Hughes, LB Alex Hoffman-Ellis, RB Calvin Middleton, TE Brody Eldridge, OL Ryan McKee, LS Travis Tripucka
Waived/Injured: WR Denario Alexander

Tampa

Waives/Releases: RB De’Anthony Curtis, LS Andrew DePaola, WR Greg Ellingson, TE Collin Franklin, WR Ed Gant, P Eric Guthrie, OT Mike Ingersoll, LB Brian Smith, S Tramain Thomas, CB Marquese Wheaton
IR: OG Davin Joseph
PUP: DE D'Quan Bowers

Tennessee Titans

Waives/Releases: RB Herb Donaldson, C William Vlachos, QB Nick Stephens, K Will Batson, TE Joey Haynos, OL George Bias, OL Jonathan Palmer, S Christian Scott, WR Chase Deadder, WR LaQuinton Evans, WR Marcus Harris
IR: WR Marc Mariani
PUP: S Markelle Martin

Washington Redskins

Waives/Releases: K Neil Rackers, OL Tony Moll, OL James Lee, RB Antwon Bailey, OL Chris Campbell, RB Lennon Creer, QB Jonathan Crompton, WR Samuel Kirkland, LB Monte Lewis, OG Nick Martinez, TE Beau Reliford, CB Morgan Trent
Waived/Injured: WR Lance Lewis
Trade: CB Kevin Banes (Lions)
PUP: OT Jammal Brown

ColoradoBuff
08-28-2012, 07:35 AM
kinda surprised to see RB Tyrell Sutton not make it to the 2nd round of cuts with the Seahawks. He was having himself a pretty good preseason.

crowebomber
08-28-2012, 08:37 AM
Atlanta Falcons

Waives/Releases: QB John Parker Wilson, TE Chase Coffman, LB Max Gruder, K Erik Folk, Richard Medlin, FB Lee Meisner, DE Louis Nzegwu, WR Kenny Stafford, TE Aron White
Non-Football Injury: DT Corey Peters

Lee Meisner was a standout LB for CSU Pueblo last year. D-2 All American, but small so they tried him at FB. Bummer he got cut, but cool he got the opportunity from Atlanta.

Tim
08-28-2012, 08:51 AM
George foster from Indy?

razorwire77
08-28-2012, 09:21 AM
kinda surprised to see RB Tyrell Sutton not make it to the 2nd round of cuts with the Seahawks. He was having himself a pretty good preseason.

Hopefully, as teams like the Seahawks, Cardinals, and Saints cut some decent backs, the front office can bring in a depth guy.

If McGahee goes down, a rotation of Moreno and Lance Ball is dreadful and Hillman isn't ready to jump in as 10 or 15 carry guy.

pricejj
08-28-2012, 09:44 AM
Hopefully, as teams like the Seahawks, Cardinals, and Saints cut some decent backs, the front office can bring in a depth guy.

If McGahee goes down, a rotation of Moreno and Lance Ball is dreadful and Hillman isn't ready to jump in as 10 or 15 carry guy.

1. Hillman was specifically drafted to be that guy. The Broncos are expecting big things out of him this year. Manning has spent a bunch of time coaching Hillman up...he just needs to get his hamstring healthy.

2. On a side note. It is becoming quite evident that Manning will once again, only use his top three receivers (just like in Indy), outside of injury. Whoever the 4th and 5th receivers are (Willis?, Caldwell?), they probably won't see much game action. Everybody clamoring for another WR, forget about it. It's not Manning's way.

Bacchus
08-28-2012, 10:00 AM

Moreno is not making the team. I think Johnson has a better chance because of the $5 million that will be owed to Moreno next year. Outside of McGhee and Hillman no one is a lock. Denver could look at final cuts to pick someone up but I doubt it. I think the'll want to keep someone familar with Peyton's system. McGhee, Ball, Hillman and Gronk are my picks.

Dedhed
08-28-2012, 10:03 AM
moreno is not making the team. Yes he is.

Tombstone RJ
08-28-2012, 10:05 AM
do I see a sig bet coming on this Moreno issue?

vancejohnson82
08-28-2012, 10:08 AM
I would like to throw my hat in that Moreno making the team bet....

he will make the team after he gets an extensive look in this week's game

Tombstone RJ
08-28-2012, 10:11 AM
I think the only way Moreno gets cut is if the Broncos have the chance to bring in another RB who is NOT named MJD. That is, they won't release Moreno just to release him, they will have to have a replacement RB in place, who they think is better than Moreno.

pricejj
08-28-2012, 10:11 AM
Moreno is most definitely making this team.

Everybody loves to hate him, but the Broncos are keeping 5 RB's. Only a super-human game from J. Johnson would unseat Moreno. I like his tenacity.

Tombstone RJ
08-28-2012, 10:13 AM
it's gonna be a big year for Sauced.

Bacchus
08-28-2012, 10:14 AM
do I see a sig bet coming on this Moreno issue?

We are not allowed to have sigs, right?

Dedhed
08-28-2012, 10:15 AM
I'd take Donte Stallworth over Matt Willis.

Bacchus
08-28-2012, 10:15 AM
Moreno is most definitely making this team.

Everybody loves to hate him, but the Broncos are keeping 5 RB's. Only a super-human game from J. Johnson would unseat Moreno. I like his tenacity.

Where have you heard the Broncos were keeping 5 RBs? I thought they would keep 4 with Gronk getting one of them.

If they do keep 5 then Moreno has a chance.

Tim
08-28-2012, 10:28 AM
I'd take Donte Stallworth over Matt Willis.

Me too. Matt Willis disappears in regular season.

Bacchus
08-28-2012, 10:32 AM
Me too. Matt Willis disappears in regular season.

Matt Willis is young. He disappears probably because he does not have QB trust or is not playing. Denver has an old vet in Stokley do they need another one on his last year?

pricejj
08-28-2012, 10:35 AM
Where have you heard the Broncos were keeping 5 RBs? I thought they would keep 4 with Gronk getting one of them.

If they do keep 5 then Moreno has a chance.

There is no reason not to keep 5 RB's. No other WR or TE deserves the spot.

QB (3) - Manning, Hanie, Osweiler
OL (8) - Clady, Beadles, Walton, Kuper, Franklin, Ramirez, Clark, Blake
TE (3) - Tamme, Dreessen, J. Thomas
WR (5) - DT, Decker, Stokley, Willis, Caldwell
RB (5) - McGahee, Ball, Hillman, Moreno, Gronkowski

DL (9) - Dumervil, Warren, Vickerson, Wolfe, Bannan, Unrein, Jackson, Beal, Ayers
LB (6) - Miller, Mays, Woodyard, Irving, Trevathan, Brooking
CB (6) - Bailey, Porter, Harris, Florence, T. Carter, Bolden
S (5) - Adams, Moore, Carter, Leonhard, Bruton

K - Prater
P - Colquitt
LS - Brewer

I wish they would cut Bannan to make room for Steven Johnson, but I don't see it happening.

Dedhed
08-28-2012, 10:39 AM
Matt Willis is young. He disappears probably because he does not have QB trust or is not playing. Denver has an old vet in Stokley do they need another one on his last year?

Those excuses don't pass the stink test when you're talking about someone who is 28 years old and going into his 6th year in the NFL.

pricejj
08-28-2012, 10:41 AM
Those excuses don't pass the stink test when you're talking about someone who is 28 years old and going into his 6th year in the NFL.

Willis offers special teams ability, Stallworth does not. Neither would see the field on Offense (barring injury).

Dedhed
08-28-2012, 10:44 AM
There is no reason not to keep 5 RB's. No other WR or TE deserves the spot.

QB (3) - Manning, Hanie, Osweiler
OL (8) - Clady, Beadles, Walton, Kuper, Franklin, Ramirez, Clark, Blake
TE (3) - Tamme, Dreessen, J. Thomas
WR (5) - DT, Decker, Stokley, Willis, Caldwell
RB (5) - McGahee, Ball, Hillman, Moreno, Gronkowski

DL (9) - Dumervil, Warren, Vickerson, Wolfe, Bannan, Unrein, Jackson, Beal, Ayers
LB (6) - Miller, Mays, Woodyard, Irving, Trevathan, Brooking
CB (6) - Bailey, Porter, Harris, Florence, T. Carter, Bolden
S (5) - Adams, Moore, Carter, Leonhard, Bruton

K - Prater
P - Colquitt
LS - Brewer

I wish they would cut Bannan to make room for Steven Johnson, but I don't see it happening.
I don't like the looks of that WR group at all. Stokes made nice catch on Sunday, but I think the nostalgia around reuniting with Manning outweighs his performance. Caldwell has shown nothing, and Willis is second rate.

I'd bring in Stallworth in a heartbeat over Stokely or Willis.

Bacchus
08-28-2012, 10:46 AM

Well, bring in Stalworth I'm not much of a fan of his since he was drunk driving and killed that homeless man. I'm sure if they guy he killed had oney Donte would have went to jail. I think by the time the second round of cuts come there will be many vet receivers Denver can sign better than Stallworth.

So I am biased against Stallworth and not for his age or his playing ability.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4033632

pricejj
08-28-2012, 10:50 AM
I don't like the looks of that WR group at all. Stokes made nice catch on Sunday, but I think the nostalgia around reuniting with Manning outweighs his performance. Caldwell has shown nothing, and Willis is second rate.

I'd bring in Stallworth in a heartbeat over Stokely or Willis.

Stokley is one of Manning's chosen ones, and is a very integral part of this Offense. I would be surprised if he does not catch at least 50 balls this year. He has been featured throughout the preseason.

razorwire77
08-28-2012, 10:53 AM
1. Hillman was specifically drafted to be that guy. The Broncos are expecting big things out of him this year. Manning has spent a bunch of time coaching Hillman up...he just needs to get his hamstring healthy.

I'm sure the Broncos are expecting big things out of him, but it ain't happening right away. And I say this as a big fan of the kid. Right now he looks like a naturally gifted kid that needs to get stronger and adjust to the speed of the game. It's not to say he won't contribute quickly, but I don't think he's ready to be a 15 carry back should Willis go down. Which leaves us Moreno (who I think made the team as a receiving RB last week), and Lance Ball who sucks.

Dedhed
08-28-2012, 10:55 AM
I would be surprised if he does not catch at least 50 balls this year. He has been featured throughout the preseason.

Expecting Stokely to catch more balls this year than he did in his last TWO years with Manning in Indy seems like fantasy. He's had one 50+ catch season in his career, and has barely caught 50 passes in the last 3 years combined.

Like I said, the nostalgia surrounding Manning/Stokely far outweighs the likely production.

pricejj
08-28-2012, 10:57 AM
I'm sure the Broncos are expecting big things out of him, but it ain't happening right away. And I say this as a big fan of the kid. Right now he looks like a naturally gifted kid that needs to get stronger and adjust to the speed of the game. It's not to say he won't contribute quickly, but I don't think he's ready to be a 15 carry back should Willis go down. Which leaves us Moreno (who I think made the team as a receiving RB last week), and Lance Ball who sucks.

Hopefully they'll get Hillman up to speed over the first month of the season. Can't be eating skittles for dinner anymore. Remember, he has been flashing in camp, and he's still not all the way back from his hammy. He can start small, and begin to take on more of a workload throughout the season.

Bacchus
08-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Expecting Stokely to catch more balls this year than he did in his last TWO years with Manning in Indy seems like fantasy. He's had one 50+ catch season in his career, and has barely caught 50 passes in the last 3 years combined.

Like I said, the nostalgia surrounding Manning/Stokely far outweighs the likely production.

I do not think that has anything to do with anything. If Stokley is the starting slot receiver than he will catch balls. No reason to think he won't get anywhere form 40-60. Now if he is not starting all the time and cedes time to Caldwell than that can be a different subject, but as of now he is the slot guy and he'll get his catches.

DBroncos4life
08-28-2012, 11:00 AM
Well, bring in Stalworth I'm not much of a fan of his since he was drunk driving and killed that homeless man. I'm sure if they guy he killed had oney Donte would have went to jail. I think by the time the second round of cuts come there will be many vet receivers Denver can sign better than Stallworth.

So I am biased against Stallworth and not for his age or his playing ability.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4033632

It's been covered on here lots of times, that guy played a huge part in his own death. The fact that Donte was drinking had little to do with the accident, hence why he didn't go to jail. Florida law is different. If I'm drunk and sitting at a stop light doing nothing wrong and some guy speeding driving crazy but is sober wrecks into me and dies should I be at fault for his wreckless driving because I was drunk?

Dedhed
08-28-2012, 11:00 AM
I do not think that has anything to do with anything. If Stokley is the starting slot receiver than he will catch balls. No reason to think he won't get anywhere form 40-60. Now if he is not starting all the time and cedes time to Caldwell than that can be a different subject, but as of now he is the slot guy and he'll get his catches.
We'll see, but I think it's unrealistic to expect a dramatic spike in productivity from a 36 year old.

2KBack
08-28-2012, 11:02 AM

This isn't Indy, we will not be throwing 600-700 times this season

pricejj
08-28-2012, 11:04 AM

This isn't nostalgia, it's a rebirth. Stokley has 5 catches in about three-quarters of preseason football. If you haven't noticed he's an integral part of the Manning no-huddle Offense.

We all wrote off Stokley as being camp fodder during OTA's, but he has established himself as one of Peyton's go-to guys.

Dedhed
08-28-2012, 11:08 AM
This isn't nostalgia, it's a rebirth. Stokley has 5 catches in about three-quarters of preseason football. If you haven't noticed he's an integral part of the Manning no-huddle Offense.

We all wrote off Stokley as being camp fodder during OTA's, but he has established himself as one of Peyton's go-to guys.You can call it whatever you want, it's still fantasy to imagine he's going to be more productive than he was 6 years ago as an integral part of Manning's no huddle offense.

pricejj
08-28-2012, 11:14 AM
This isn't Indy, we will not be throwing 600-700 times this season

That's a bit of a stretch...Manning only did that once during his career.

Manning has averaged 34.6 pass attempts per game over his 13 NFL season. I suspect this year will be about the same. Factor in a 67% completion ratio, and your talking 370 completions:

DT - 80
Decker - 80
Stokley - 50
Other WR's - 20
Tamme - 50
Dreessen - 30
RB's - 60
Total = 370

menonite
08-28-2012, 11:15 AM
I haven't followed his career that closely, but doesn't Stokeley have a history of missing games due to injury?

DBroncos4life
08-28-2012, 11:17 AM
We'll see, but I think it's unrealistic to expect a dramatic spike in productivity from a 36 year old.

I could see 30 to 40 catches with 90% going for a first down. I think we need a upgrade at WR though. Willis isn't impressive at all and his value in the return game is about next to nothing IMO.

pricejj
08-28-2012, 11:19 AM
You can call it whatever you want, it's still fantasy to imagine he's going to be more productive than he was 6 years ago as an integral part of Manning's no huddle offense.

In Stokley's only two seasons in Indy where he played in all the games he had 68 receptions, and 41 receptions. Keep in mind, these are also years the Colts had Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and Dallas Clark...that's about 54 catches per full-season.

Ray Finkle
08-28-2012, 11:19 AM
Chris Cooley just got released....

pricejj
08-28-2012, 11:20 AM
I haven't followed his career that closely, but doesn't Stokeley have a history of missing games due to injury?

That's why we have Caldwell.

Dedhed
08-28-2012, 11:22 AM
I could see 30 to 40 catches with 90% going for a first down. I think we need a upgrade at WR though. Willis isn't impressive at all and his value in the return game is about next to nothing IMO.

I can see 30 catches being realistic if he can stay healthy, but that's a pretty big if.

Gaffney caught 68 passes last year, and would be a huge upgrade to the WR group.

If Decker or Thomas do down this group looks terrible. I know everyone is counting on the "Manning Effect" to turn scrubs into studs and resurrect the dead, but I'm doubtful.

2KBack
08-28-2012, 11:24 AM
That's a bit of a stretch...Manning only did that once during his career.

Manning has averaged 34.6 pass attempts per game over his 13 NFL season. I suspect this year will be about the same. Factor in a 67% completion ratio, and your talking 370 completions:

DT - 80
Decker - 80
Stokley - 50
Other WR's - 20
Tamme - 50
Dreessen - 30
RB's - 60
Total = 370

Not too much of a stretch, Indy had 585, 601 and 679 pass attempts in 2008, 2009 and 2010. Since have a defense and a running game, I hope Manning isn't throwing more than 25-30 times a game.

That said, that breakdown doesn't seem out of reach I suppose

Dedhed
08-28-2012, 11:27 AM
In Stokley's only two seasons in Indy where he played in all the games he had 68 receptions, and 41 receptions. Keep in mind, these are also years the Colts had Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and Dallas Clark...that's about 54 catches per full-season.Is your point that he's had a hard time staying healthy enough to be consistently productive? Are you imagining that he's more likely to stay healthy now that he's 36 and basically came out of retirement?

You can point to all the mitigating circumstances you want, but he's caught more than 50 passes once in his 13 year career. To imagine all those factors that kept him from 50+ catches are going to magically disappear in his 14th year is pretty silly, imo.

Dedhed
08-28-2012, 11:28 AM
That's why we have Caldwell.

lulz

Dedhed
08-28-2012, 11:30 AM
That said, that breakdown doesn't seem out of reach I suppose

It's pretty easy to make up numbers.

Bacchus
08-28-2012, 11:45 AM
It's been covered on here lots of times, that guy played a huge part in his own death. The fact that Donte was drinking had little to do with the accident, hence why he didn't go to jail. Florida law is different. If I'm drunk and sitting at a stop light doing nothing wrong and some guy speeding driving crazy but is sober wrecks into me and dies should I be at fault for his wreckless driving because I was drunk?

Well, Donte was speeding and he amost 3X the legal limit. I think it is very safe to say if he wasnot speeding and was not drunk then he would not have hit the guy.

But that is neither here nor there. If Denver is planing on looking towards FA for a WR they need to hold off until the final cuts come next week. It will be a blood bath. it always is.

cmhargrove
08-31-2012, 07:27 AM
Just bumping this existing thread.

Today is the day the axe falls on a lot of NFl dreams (deadline Friday night). Post the carnage here...

Baba Booey
08-31-2012, 08:54 AM
DJ Ware cut by the Giants. I don't think it's a knock on him, but moreso an indication of what they think of first rounder David Wilson.

We should give Ware a look. He's a complete back, and much better than Ball.

orangefan
08-31-2012, 08:57 AM
Here are the Giants other cuts
RB D.J. Ware
DE Matt Broha
DT Marcus Thomas
S Tyler Sash (reserve/suspended)
TE Larry Donnell
WR Isaiah Stanback
LB Greg Jones
OT Matt McCants
LB Jake Muasau
DE Craig Marshall
WR David Douglas
WR Dan DePalma
OL Selvish Capers
Greg Jones is a pretty decent MLB

Baba Booey
08-31-2012, 09:11 AM
That's Michigan State Greg Jones right? Dude can play.

orangefan
08-31-2012, 09:14 AM
It is. He was their starter at the beginnig of the year last season. They just have a lot of LB depth.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-31-2012, 09:22 AM
Wonder why they released Jones.

barryr
08-31-2012, 09:26 AM
Here are the Giants other cuts
RB D.J. Ware
DE Matt Broha
DT Marcus Thomas
S Tyler Sash (reserve/suspended)
TE Larry Donnell
WR Isaiah Stanback
LB Greg Jones
OT Matt McCants
LB Jake Muasau
DE Craig Marshall
WR David Douglas
WR Dan DePalma
OL Selvish Capers
Greg Jones is a pretty decent MLB

Broha had a couple sacks in a game in preseason, but I don't know much else about him.

The question about Jones was his speed and size to play any of the LB spots. Not a good sign he gets cut with a team that needs LB's. But he was so productive on a major college team, I'd sign him and see what he could do. ST's at least.

McCants is another guy I would take a look at. He needs more strength, but I think he's pretty athletic for an OT.

Smiling Assassin27
08-31-2012, 09:30 AM
Tim Hightower released by Redskins.

Requiem
08-31-2012, 09:34 AM
The Giants have Herzlich, Boley, Rivers and Kiwanuka on their squad. Greg Jones was a special teams guy after he lost his starting spot last year. I assume they are keeping Blackburn as well as a reserve. Not an outstanding group, but whatevs. Bring him in.

broncocalijohn
08-31-2012, 09:40 AM
Tim Hightower released by Redskins.

They have a good 6th round pick (sound familiar) and with Hightower not improving on his post surgeried knee, he was expendable.

...don't even suggest it Maners!

oubronco
08-31-2012, 10:06 AM
They should try to get Greg Jones

Jekyll15Hyde
08-31-2012, 10:09 AM
Jones over Brooking?

swaiy
08-31-2012, 10:12 AM
The Giants have Herzlich, Boley, Rivers and Kiwanuka on their squad. Greg Jones was a special teams guy after he lost his starting spot last year. I assume they are keeping Blackburn as well as a reserve. Not an outstanding group, but whatevs. Bring him in.

The 49ers got him now I think

Conklin
08-31-2012, 10:14 AM
Tim Hightower cut from WASH

Broncoman13
08-31-2012, 10:23 AM
They have a good 6th round pick (sound familiar) and with Hightower not improving on his post surgeried knee, he was expendable.

...don't even suggest it Maners!

Hightower is a good back. Good speed, great size, and productive when healthy. Coming off a knee injury, he isn't much different than Knowshon right now... but he doesn't have the same injury history.

2KBack
08-31-2012, 10:29 AM
Hightower is a good back. Good speed, great size, and productive when healthy. Coming off a knee injury, he isn't much different than Knowshon right now... but he doesn't have the same injury history.

Except that Knowshon hasn't had any setbacks and played every game this preseason. Hightower played in part of one game and then couldn't practice due to soreness. Washington is also desperate for healthy Running backs right now.

....beware

Goobzilla
08-31-2012, 10:30 AM
Deion Branch released.

oubronco
08-31-2012, 10:31 AM
Jets | Reduce roster by 15 players (http://www.kffl.com/hotw/gnews.php?id=807262-jets-reduce-roster-by-15-players)
Fri, 31 Aug 2012 10:27:51 -0700
The New York Jets (http://www.kffl.com/team/27/nfl/new-york-jets) have released WR Joe Collins (http://www.kffl.com/player/24481/nfl/joe-collins), LB Marcus Dowtin (http://www.kffl.com/player/26172/nfl/marcus-dowtin), G Fredrick Koloto (http://www.kffl.com/player/26867/nfl/fredrick-koloto), G Matt Kroul (http://www.kffl.com/player/21451/nfl/matt-kroul), P Spencer Lanning (http://www.kffl.com/player/24284/nfl/spencer-lanning), CB LeQuan Lewis (http://www.kffl.com/player/25069/nfl/lequan-lewis), TE Tarren Lloyd (http://www.kffl.com/player/26705/nfl/tarren-lloyd), S D'Anton Lynn (http://www.kffl.com/player/25877/nfl/danton-lynn), CB Julian Posey (http://www.kffl.com/player/25202/nfl/julian-posey), DE Jay Richardson (http://www.kffl.com/player/16434/nfl/jay-richardson), WR Eron Riley (http://www.kffl.com/player/21127/nfl/eron-riley), LB Brett Roy (http://www.kffl.com/player/26151/nfl/brett-roy), QB Matt Simms (http://www.kffl.com/player/26508/nfl/matt-simms) and NT Martin Tevaseu (http://www.kffl.com/player/23416/nfl/martin-tevaseu). The team also waived OG Robert T. Griffin (http://www.kffl.com/player/26146/nfl/robert_t.-griffin).

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2597XefDO

oubronco
08-31-2012, 10:32 AM
Falcons | Two players released (http://www.kffl.com/hotw/gnews.php?id=807260-falcons-two-players-released)
Fri, 31 Aug 2012 10:21:15 -0700
The Atlanta Falcons (http://www.kffl.com/team/7/nfl/atlanta-falcons) have released C Tyler Horn (http://www.kffl.com/player/26134/nfl/tyler-horn) and LB Pat Schiller (http://www.kffl.com/player/26364/nfl/pat-schiller).

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2597dNsjW

Patriots | Brian Hoyer cut (http://www.kffl.com/hotw/gnews.php?id=807259-patriots-brian-hoyer-cut)
Fri, 31 Aug 2012 10:19:11 -0700
The New England Patriots (http://www.kffl.com/team/24/nfl/new-england-patriots) have released QB Brian Hoyer (http://www.kffl.com/player/20847/nfl/brian-hoyer).

Ray Finkle
08-31-2012, 10:34 AM
Falcons | Two players released (http://www.kffl.com/hotw/gnews.php?id=807260-falcons-two-players-released)
The Atlanta Falcons (http://www.kffl.com/team/7/nfl/atlanta-falcons) have released C Tyler Horn (http://www.kffl.com/player/26134/nfl/tyler-horn) and LB Pat Schiller (http://www.kffl.com/player/26364/nfl/pat-schiller).

Patriots | Brian Hoyer cut (http://www.kffl.com/hotw/gnews.php?id=807259-patriots-brian-hoyer-cut)
The New England Patriots (http://www.kffl.com/team/24/nfl/new-england-patriots) have released QB Brian Hoyer (http://www.kffl.com/player/20847/nfl/brian-hoyer).

Hoyer has to be better than Hanie....

NFLBRONCO
Do you really see us adding anyone from another team? I think we are going to stand pat

swaiy

Damn. That must mean Ryan Mallet must be looking decent enough to backup Brady.

bronco militia
08-31-2012, 10:35 AM
Rich Campbell of the Washington Times reports the Dolphins and Redskins are talking about a trade that would send wideout Anthony Armstrong to South Florida in exchange for running back Steve Slaton.

bronco militia
08-31-2012, 10:36 AM
Do you really see us adding anyone from another team? I think we are going to stand pat

probably

if anything, I think the broncos will look at LB's

Lestat
08-31-2012, 10:41 AM
Greg Jones wouldn't be horrible to add. our LB depth can't get worse by adding him.

uplink
08-31-2012, 10:56 AM
The Eagles have announced the release of 19 players ahead of tonight's 9 PM deadline, at which point the roster must stand at 53 players. With 19 players gone, the roster now stands at 56, so three more players must be released or traded by 9 PM.
The headliner among these roster cuts is <nobr>Joselio Hansonhttp://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster/joselio-hanson/5665e65a-95e1-4a40-8638-33b7f3eb6442/)</nobr>, the team's nickel cornerback for much of the last six seasons. With Hanson released, it appears that fourth-round rookie <nobr>Brandon Boykinhttp://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster/brandon-boykin/dabde81f-efd1-4781-8985-62fcc841952d/)</nobr> will be the nickel cornerback, though <nobr>Nnamdi Asomughahttp://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster/nnamdi-asomugha/f68150d6-a2c3-48ac-a1cd-64429a5cc335/)</nobr> can also play inside while <nobr>Curtis Marshhttp://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster/curtis-marsh/15463d72-50d8-43f8-85f5-d79eb02f3b29/)</nobr> plays on the outside.
Other notable cuts include 2010 fourth-round linebacker <nobr>Keenan Claytonhttp://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster/keenan-clayton/bd39a6b6-0159-4ee0-a813-f26df2f52724/)</nobr>, wide receiver <nobr>Mardy Gilyardhttp://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster/mardy-gilyard/93775331-bac5-4696-abdd-aa8c70983c8b/)</nobr>, wide receiver <nobr>Chad Hallhttp://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster/chad-hall/e48847bd-7627-457b-afbd-14fa0578d3dc/)</nobr>, wide receiver <nobr>Marvin McNutthttp://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster/marvin-mcnutt/e621ee9b-8be1-4634-9bd5-1d1e3474ea05/)</nobr>, rookie safety <nobr>Phillip Thomashttp://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster/phillip-thomas/5fcd44ea-19c4-4f28-837b-bc71fad3ed90/)</nobr>, sixth-round pick offensive lineman <nobr>Brandon Washington (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster/brandon-washington/448d0cd3-720f-4202-ad6b-c1b6e67dc852/)</nobr> and veteran offensive lineman <nobr>Steve Vallos (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster/steve-vallos/6bcb3b16-9a96-45d8-8ef9-00a96026f14a/)</nobr>. With Vallos and Washington released, <nobr>Dallas Reynolds (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster/dallas-reynolds/7eb3e288-9679-4653-81a6-fc18f6b55199/)</nobr> and <nobr>Julian Vandervelde (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster/julian-vandervelde/8a97c6e3-90dc-40d7-bc88-70471655de06/)</nobr> are the remaining interior offensive line backups.

orangefan
08-31-2012, 11:04 AM
Here's one that surprises me!

The Philadelphia Eagles have released SS Oshiomogho Atogwe,

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz259FYaSnQ

Tombstone RJ
08-31-2012, 11:07 AM
The Eagles have announced the release of 19 players ahead of tonight's 9 PM deadline, at which point the roster must stand at 53 players. With 19 players gone, the roster now stands at 56, so three more players must be released or traded by 9 PM.
The headliner among these roster cuts is <nobr>Joselio Hansonhttp://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster/joselio-hanson/5665e65a-95e1-4a40-8638-33b7f3eb6442/)</nobr>, the team's nickel cornerback for much of the last six seasons. With Hanson released, it appears that fourth-round rookie <nobr>Brandon Boykinhttp://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster/brandon-boykin/dabde81f-efd1-4781-8985-62fcc841952d/)</nobr> will be the nickel cornerback, though <nobr>Nnamdi Asomughahttp://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster/nnamdi-asomugha/f68150d6-a2c3-48ac-a1cd-64429a5cc335/)</nobr> can also play inside while <nobr>Curtis Marshhttp://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster/curtis-marsh/15463d72-50d8-43f8-85f5-d79eb02f3b29/)</nobr> plays on the outside.
Other notable cuts include 2010 fourth-round linebacker <nobr>Keenan Claytonhttp://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster/keenan-clayton/bd39a6b6-0159-4ee0-a813-f26df2f52724/)</nobr>, wide receiver <nobr>Mardy Gilyardhttp://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster/mardy-gilyard/93775331-bac5-4696-abdd-aa8c70983c8b/)</nobr>, wide receiver <nobr>Chad Hallhttp://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster/chad-hall/e48847bd-7627-457b-afbd-14fa0578d3dc/)</nobr>, wide receiver <nobr>Marvin McNutthttp://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster/marvin-mcnutt/e621ee9b-8be1-4634-9bd5-1d1e3474ea05/)</nobr>, rookie safety <nobr>Phillip Thomashttp://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster/phillip-thomas/5fcd44ea-19c4-4f28-837b-bc71fad3ed90/)</nobr>, sixth-round pick offensive lineman <nobr>Brandon Washington (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster/brandon-washington/448d0cd3-720f-4202-ad6b-c1b6e67dc852/)</nobr> and veteran offensive lineman <nobr>Steve Vallos (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster/steve-vallos/6bcb3b16-9a96-45d8-8ef9-00a96026f14a/)</nobr>. With Vallos and Washington released, <nobr>Dallas Reynolds (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster/dallas-reynolds/7eb3e288-9679-4653-81a6-fc18f6b55199/)</nobr> and <nobr>Julian Vandervelde (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster/julian-vandervelde/8a97c6e3-90dc-40d7-bc88-70471655de06/)</nobr> are the remaining interior offensive line backups.

wow, yet not one of their RBs has been released yet...

Requiem
I liked McNutt and Gilyard as prospects.

swaiy
https://twitter.com/caplannfl

#Broncos looking for WRs, per sources. We'll see what happens here by 9 p.m. ET.

Took this from another forum.

Branch? Gaff? Green Bay has some decent receiver depth. Apparently so much that they could help out a team but aren't playing because they are buried on the depth chart.

houghtam
They should try to get Greg Jones

This.

Hoyer has to be better than Hanie....

And this.

I'm a MSU homer, but Hoyer is better than Hanie ever was or will be. Jones was a beast at State, and his release is a huge surprise after only one year. I'd take them both, and I bet Jones would be starting at MLB over anyone we have, which is not saying much.

Tombstone RJ
08-31-2012, 11:08 AM
This.

And this.

I'm a MSU homer, but Hoyer is better than Hanie ever was or will be. Jones was a beast at State, and his release is a huge surprise after only one year. I'd take them both, and I bet Jones would be starting at MLB over anyone we have, which is not saying much.

Love the MLB castoffs from Philly, bring this Greg Jones dude in!!

Ray Finkle
08-31-2012, 11:12 AM
Jones wasn't that good in NY.....my buddies (Giants fans) were ready to get rid of him before the cut down...

Lestat
08-31-2012, 11:18 AM
https://twitter.com/caplannfl

Took this from another forum.

Branch? Gaff? Green Bay has some decent receiver depth. Apparently so much that they could help out a team but aren't playing because they are buried on the depth chart.

yeah the Pack has sick WR depth. wouldn't mind grabbing one of them from em.

Broncoman13
08-31-2012, 11:32 AM
Eagles | Release 19 players
Fri, 31 Aug 2012 10:46:32 -0700

The Philadelphia Eagles have released SS Oshiomogho Atogwe, TE Brett Brackett, LB Keenan Clayton, DT Landon Cohen, TE Chase Ford, WR Mardy Gilyard, WR Chad Hall, CB Joselio Hanson, FB Emil Igwenagu, OT D.J. Jones, WR Marvin McNutt, LB Adrian Moten, DT Ollie Ogbu, LB Ryan Rau, DE Monte Taylor, SS Phillip Thomas, DT Frank Trotter, OG Steve Vallos and OG Brandon Washington.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#807284#ixzz259MlJ9HN

Bacchus
08-31-2012, 11:35 AM
Seneca Wallace was cut byt he Seahawks.

Tombstone RJ
08-31-2012, 11:35 AM
Eagles | Release 19 players
Fri, 31 Aug 2012 10:46:32 -0700

The Philadelphia Eagles have released SS Oshiomogho Atogwe, TE Brett Brackett, LB Keenan Clayton, DT Landon Cohen, TE Chase Ford, WR Mardy Gilyard, WR Chad Hall, CB Joselio Hanson, FB Emil Igwenagu, OT D.J. Jones, WR Marvin McNutt, LB Adrian Moten, DT Ollie Ogbu, LB Ryan Rau, DE Monte Taylor, SS Phillip Thomas, DT Frank Trotter, OG Steve Vallos and OG Brandon Washington.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#807284#ixzz259MlJ9HN

but no RBs. I guess they are willing to sacrifice some other talent and keep the RBs.

DBroncos4life
08-31-2012, 11:39 AM
Oshiomogho Atogwe has to be damaged.

bronco militia
08-31-2012, 11:41 AM
Seneca Wallace was cut by the Browns.

fixed

swaiy
08-31-2012, 12:11 PM
Oshiomogho Atogwe has to be damaged.

What happened to that guy? Wasn't he like this huge FA acquisition a few years ago?

GreasyQtip
08-31-2012, 12:33 PM
PFT speculates that the Dolphins are shopping QB Moore

I could see us dropping Hanie for Moore, of course there could be better options by days end

Also in fun news
Lions waive CB Alphonso Smith, per source with knowledge of situation.

Should that make me smile? feel bad?

BMarsh615
08-31-2012, 12:38 PM
@ProFootballTalk

Stagger Lee
08-31-2012, 12:45 PM
@ProFootballTalk

JFC McDummy. All he cost us was a 1st rounder. Great job Boy Blunder.

cmhargrove
08-31-2012, 12:57 PM
JFC McDummy. All he cost us was a 1st rounder. Great job Boy Blunder.

The best part of that story is the back end. To rub salt in the wound, the Smith trade gave Seattle the #14 pick the following year, which they used to draft....

Earl Thomas. One of the best young safeties in the NFL.

McBlunder is not the word I am thinking of right now.:redpunch:

DBroncos4life
08-31-2012, 01:00 PM
What happened to that guy? Wasn't he like this huge FA acquisition a few years ago?

He's been cut twice now in less the a year hasn't he? Skins and now the Eagles

boppool
08-31-2012, 01:11 PM

I think you may be thinking Nnamdi Asomugha, no?

Bacchus
08-31-2012, 01:12 PM
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=bodyCopy>Cowboys waived or released DB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, DE Clifton Geathers, DT Ben Bass, OT Pat McQuistan, G Daniel Loper, C Harland Gunn, TE Andrew Szczerba, WR Saalim Hakim, LB Baraka Atkins and DB Lionel Smith.</TD></TR><TR><TD>http://fantasysports.usatoday.com/images/clear.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vaLink>Owusu-Ansah, a fourth-round pick in 2010, has bounced around the league as a special teamer. McQuistan, Atkins, and Loper have all fast become journeymen.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Bacchus
08-31-2012, 01:16 PM
Eagles released S O.J. Atogwe.

As usual, Atogwe was banged up for the majority of camp and barely practiced. It's a terrible sign that a team starting Kurt Coleman at safety is letting Atogwe go. Look for the Eagles to scour the waiver for safety help this weekend.

8/31/2012 1:53:00 PM et

Eagles waived WR Marvin McNutt, G/C Steve Vallos, S Phillip Thomas and FB Emil Igewanagu.

McNutt's release is a sign that the Eagles are confident in Riley Cooper's (collarbone) status for Week 1. They will roll with Cooper and possibly undrafted rook Damaris Johnson behind Jeremy Maclin, DeSean Jackson and Jason Avant. McNutt is a practice squad candidate.

8/31/2012 1:48:00 PM et

Eagles waived G Brandon Washington.

A sixth-round pick, Washington was considered a project coming out of Miami. An athletic 6-foot-3, 320 pounds, he's a strong candidate for the practice squad.

8/31/2012 1:43:00 PM et

Eagles waived LB Keenan Clayton and TE Chase Ford.

A fourth-round pick in 2010, Clayton ended up appearing in only 21 games in two years, and saw just four defensive snaps in 2011. His fourth-round pedigree could lead to a waiver claim, but Clayton won't be more than a special teamer in 2012.

8/31/2012 1:00:00 PM et

Eagles waived WR Mardy Gilyard.

Gilyard just doesn't have the skills to be anything more than a fringe player. He's 5'11/194 and runs in the 4.5s.

8/31/2012 12:22:00 PM et

Eagles released CB Joselio Hanson.

Hanson, who doesn't play special teams, got beat out by fourth-round rookie Brandon Boykin for the nickel corner job. He'll latch on elsewhere as an inside corner with 104 games of NFL experience.

DBroncos4life
08-31-2012, 01:20 PM
I think you may be thinking Nnamdi Asomugha, no?

He us right the Skins signed him in 2011 to a pretty big contract.

shovelpass#30
08-31-2012, 01:53 PM
Ravens cut Nicolas Jean-Baptiste.

Lot of talk about him back at the draft. How did he look in the preseason? With Jackson are we set?

shovelpass#30
08-31-2012, 02:00 PM
Vernon Gholston cut by Rams.

Three seasons plus a preseason. Zero sacks.

?$21 million gteed when drafted.

bronco militia
08-31-2012, 02:03 PM
Vernon Gholston cut by Rams.

Three seasons plus a preseason. Zero sacks.

?$21 million gteed when drafted.

everyone except the jets knew he was a one year wonder. Another first round bust from Ohio state

;D

oubronco
08-31-2012, 02:26 PM
Steelers | Finalize 53-man roster (http://www.kffl.com/hotw/gnews.php?id=807340-steelers-finalize-53-man-roster)
Fri, 31 Aug 2012 13:58:01 -0700
The Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.kffl.com/team/30/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers) have released CB Terrence Frederick (http://www.kffl.com/player/26186/nfl/terrence-frederick), CB Josh Victorian (http://www.kffl.com/player/25209/nfl/josh-victorian), LB Brandon Hicks (http://www.kffl.com/player/25217/nfl/brandon-hicks), LB Marshall McFadden (http://www.kffl.com/player/25807/nfl/marshall-mcfadden), DE Corbin Bryant (http://www.kffl.com/player/24502/nfl/corbin-bryant), DE Ikponmwosa Igbinosun (http://www.kffl.com/player/26779/nfl/ikponmwosa-igbinosun), DE Jake Stoller (http://www.kffl.com/player/26782/nfl/jake-stoller), RB DuJuan Harris (http://www.kffl.com/player/25080/nfl/dujuan-harris), WR Tyler Beiler (http://www.kffl.com/player/25509/nfl/tyler-beiler), OL Ryan Lee (http://www.kffl.com/player/26576/nfl/ryan-lee), OG John Malecki (http://www.kffl.com/player/23227/nfl/john-malecki) and OT Chris Scott (http://www.kffl.com/player/22525/nfl/chris-scott). The team has also placed LB Sean Spence (http://www.kffl.com/player/25911/nfl/sean-spence) (knee) on Injured Reserve, ending his 2012 season.

Steelers | Seven players released (http://www.kffl.com/hotw/gnews.php?id=807337-steelers-seven-players-released)
Fri, 31 Aug 2012 13:39:18 -0700
The Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.kffl.com/team/30/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers) have released QB Jerrod Johnson (http://www.kffl.com/player/24214/nfl/jerrod-johnson), OT Trai Essex (http://www.kffl.com/player/12054/nfl/trai-essex), WR Derrick Williams (http://www.kffl.com/player/20777/nfl/derrick-williams), FS DaMon Cromartie-Smith (http://www.kffl.com/player/22883/nfl/damon-cromartie-smith), WR David Gilreath (http://www.kffl.com/player/24512/nfl/david-gilreath), WR Marquis Maze (http://www.kffl.com/player/23951/nfl/marquis-maze) and WR Toney Clemons (http://www.kffl.com/player/26527/nfl/toney-clemons).

oubronco
08-31-2012, 02:28 PM
Texans | Reduce roster by 18 players (http://www.kffl.com/hotw/gnews.php?id=807326-texans-reduce-roster-by-18-players)
Fri, 31 Aug 2012 13:05:32 -0700
The Houston Texans (http://www.kffl.com/team/18/nfl/houston-texans) have released RB Jonathan Grimes (http://www.kffl.com/player/26623/nfl/jonathan-grimes), FB Moran Norris (http://www.kffl.com/player/5718/nfl/moran-norris), SS Eddie Pleasant (http://www.kffl.com/player/26200/nfl/eddie-pleasant), TE Logan Brock (http://www.kffl.com/player/26590/nfl/logan-brock), DE Keith Browner (http://www.kffl.com/player/27056/nfl/keith-browner), LB D.J. Bryant (http://www.kffl.com/player/26392/nfl/d.j.-bryant), DT Loni Fangupo (http://www.kffl.com/player/26512/nfl/loni-fangupo), DE David Hunter (http://www.kffl.com/player/26624/nfl/david-hunter), WR Juaquin Iglesias (http://www.kffl.com/player/21125/nfl/juaquin-iglesias), LB Delano Johnson (http://www.kffl.com/player/27287/nfl/delano-johnson), DE Mitch King (http://www.kffl.com/player/20850/nfl/mitch-king), LB Shawn Loiseau (http://www.kffl.com/player/26627/nfl/shawn-loiseau), WR Jeff Maehl (http://www.kffl.com/player/24240/nfl/jeff-maehl), OT Nate Menkin (http://www.kffl.com/player/26628/nfl/nate-menkin), LB Rennie Moore (http://www.kffl.com/player/26629/nfl/rennie-moore), TE Phillip Supernaw (http://www.kffl.com/player/26631/nfl/phillip-supernaw), C Cody Wallace (http://www.kffl.com/player/18284/nfl/cody-wallace) and OG Cody White (http://www.kffl.com/player/26632/nfl/cody-white).

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz25A4vTKMi

Chris
08-31-2012, 02:28 PM
Spence and DeCastro both on IR. Where's Socal?

Bacchus
08-31-2012, 02:38 PM
Ikponmwosa Igbinosun (http://www.kffl.com/player/26779/nfl/ikponmwosa-igbinosun) This guy's name seems to dictate he might be good.

uplink
08-31-2012, 02:43 PM
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Released running back Mossis Madu (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6974/mossis-madu), defensive tackle Frank Okam (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4841/frank-okam), safety Larry Asante (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5930/larry-asante), safety Cody Grimm (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5960/cody-grimm) and defensive back Keith Tandy (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7619/keith-tandy), per Pewter Report. They’ve also released defensive tackle Amobi Okoye (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4174/amobi-okoye), who is headed back to Chicago (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/31/amobi-okoye-out-in-tampa-headed-back-to-chicago/), per the Chicago Sun-Times.

Some people thought Denver should have signed Okoye back in the Summer, so thought this might be interesting.

Bacchus
08-31-2012, 02:52 PM
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Released running back Mossis Madu (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6974/mossis-madu), defensive tackle Frank Okam (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4841/frank-okam), safety Larry Asante (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5930/larry-asante), safety Cody Grimm (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5960/cody-grimm) and defensive back Keith Tandy (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7619/keith-tandy), per Pewter Report. They’ve also released defensive tackle Amobi Okoye (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4174/amobi-okoye), who is headed back to Chicago (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/31/amobi-okoye-out-in-tampa-headed-back-to-chicago/), per the Chicago Sun-Times.

Some people thought Denver should have signed Okoye back in the Summer, so thought this might be interesting.

I think the Bears are going to get him again.

oubronco
08-31-2012, 04:03 PM
Roster cutdown summary (http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/08/31/roster-cutdown-summary-2)

extralife
08-31-2012, 04:51 PM
@ProFootballTalk

christ, how bad was that draft class

DBroncos4life
08-31-2012, 05:03 PM

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104762&highlight=Okoye

thread of the offseason right here!!~!

Jay3
08-31-2012, 06:10 PM
yeah the Pack has sick WR depth. wouldn't mind grabbing one of them from em.

They should have never traded Brandon Lloyd. He'd be sick in this year's offense, and he would have resigned to play with Peyton.

Smilin Assassin
08-31-2012, 06:12 PM
Chargers cut Jacob Hester.....always seemed like a good "utility back".

errand
08-31-2012, 06:16 PM
Love the MLB castoffs from Philly, bring this Greg Jones dude in!!

Really? Didn't we get Joe Mays from Philly?

DomCasual
08-31-2012, 06:27 PM
Chargers cut Jacob Hester.....always seemed like a good "utility back".

I'd like to bring him in to return punts. Hester is good for a TD, or two, every year.

Wait.

s0phr0syne
08-31-2012, 07:23 PM
Jordan Todman released by the Vikings...?

Considering the FO's hard on for Ball, probably a moot point.

Goobzilla
08-31-2012, 07:33 PM
Hester>Our Gronk. Do it, do it now.

Bacchus
08-31-2012, 07:49 PM
They should have never traded Brandon Lloyd. He'd be sick in this year's offense, and he would have resigned to play with Peyton.

Who did Denver get for LLoyd? Was it a 5th round pick? I cannot remember.

LRtagger
08-31-2012, 08:06 PM

Dick Quinn got cut by Washington also. Spectacular trades by McDaniels :patstink:

DBroncos4life
08-31-2012, 08:10 PM

Another little known Tebow effect!

Traveler
08-31-2012, 08:42 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104762&highlight=Okoye

thread of the offseason right here!!~!

Frank Okam is the type of big bodied DT that JDR likes. Might be a nice pick up.

Bacchus
08-31-2012, 09:02 PM
Frank Okam is the type of big bodied DT that JDR likes. Might be a nice pick up.

He got cut? I loved him coming out of coolege. He is huge too.

Bacchus
08-31-2012, 09:16 PM

I did an orangemane search on Okam and he was a huge topic back in the day. Its fun reading some of those old thread seven though I do not know a lot of the posters. I should post some of the threads. entertaining to say the least.

Jekyll15Hyde
09-01-2012, 07:57 AM
Hester>Our Gronk. Do it, do it now.

Absolutely this...

Hester is a better blocker, better pass catcher and a more productive special teamer due to being able to return.

There is only 1 good Gronk and I guess we needed to try on the other 2 to make sure

bowtown
09-01-2012, 09:09 AM

Even if they hadn't traded Lloyd, he still wouldn't be here now.

Lestat
09-01-2012, 09:22 AM

so bad we traded Earl Thomas for him Yikes!

Lestat
09-01-2012, 09:26 AM

wasn't possible, at that point we were all in for Tebow and Lloyd wanted a passing QB.

Broncoman13
09-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Surprised that Seattle kept all of those RBs. They have 4 that are better than Ball (our #2, DOH!).

Lestat
09-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Who did Denver get for LLoyd? Was it a 5th round pick? I cannot remember.

5th round pick #137 who coincidentally turned into big #70 Malik Jackson :strong:

BowlenBall
09-01-2012, 11:23 AM
If I were John Elway (my first wish when I find that magic lamp, actually!), these are the players that I'd be pursuing today:

Mark LeGree, Safety (cut from Bears)
Jonathan Grimes, RB (cut from Texans)
Matt Reynolds, OT (cut from Panthers)
Danny Coale, WR (cut from Cowboys)
Adrian Hamilton, LB (cut from Cowboys)
Dale Moss, WR (cut from Packers)
Josh Johnson, QB (cut from 49ers)
Cordarro Law, DE (cut from 49ers)
Frank Okam, DT (cut from Buccaneers)
Amobi Okoye, DT (cut from Buccaneers)
Sean Baker, S (cut from Buccaneers)
Ryan Davis, DE (cut from Jaguars)

oubronco
09-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Ben Garland, a defensive tackle from the Air Force Academy, was signed to the Broncos’ practice squad Saturday. Garland is coming off a two-year military commitment so this is his first NFL season.

Six other players were also signed to the practice squad: Receiver Greg Orton, strong safety Duke Ihenacho, tight end Cornelius Ingram, guard Wayne Tribue, running back Jeremiah Johnson and defensive tackle Sealver Siliga.

The Broncos can add one more to their practice squad. They could be waiting for quarterback Adam Weber to make his decision. Weber has drawn practice-squad interest from other teams.

Lestat
09-01-2012, 11:34 AM
seriously? Robinson gets no love? that's the one that shocks me the most. unless he drew interest from another team.

dictionary
09-01-2012, 12:20 PM
If I were John Elway (my first wish when I find that magic lamp, actually!), these are the players that I'd be pursuing today:

Mark LeGree, Safety (cut from Bears)
Jonathan Grimes, RB (cut from Texans)
Matt Reynolds, OT (cut from Panthers)
Danny Coale, WR (cut from Cowboys)
Adrian Hamilton, LB (cut from Cowboys)
Dale Moss, WR (cut from Packers)
Josh Johnson, QB (cut from 49ers)
Cordarro Law, DE (cut from 49ers)
Frank Okam, DT (cut from Buccaneers)
Amobi Okoye, DT (cut from Buccaneers)
Sean Baker, S (cut from Buccaneers)
Ryan Davis, DE (cut from Jaguars)

I like Danny Coale. I think he could develop into a Stokes-type player. Great hands, but not great size.

~Crash~
09-01-2012, 12:29 PM
DT Marcus Thomas got cut ...I am sure he is on speed dail if we have any inj

Bacchus
09-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Did the Broncos sign anyone??