PDA

View Full Version : UK TV blackout?

broncoblue
08-27-2012, 06:12 AM
NO DEALS FOR NFL YET (http://broncoblue69.blogspot.co.uk/)

chrisp
08-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Ouch! I had no idea......sitting waiting for the coverage to start as per every year. As our non-limey friends would say, this "sucks ass"....fingers and toes crossed for a smooth outcome.....

Chris
08-27-2012, 10:58 AM
My guess is the NFL thinks it's grown enough demand to be greedier.

The Joker
08-27-2012, 11:04 AM
My guess is the NFL thinks it's grown enough demand to be greedier.

Possible.

I doubt Sky Sports or ESPN UK are too concerned with getting the coverage at the end of the day. The NFL really isn't that big a deal over in the UK, so I doubt the stations are going to pay a whole lot of money to show it. If they can show the NFL without having to spend a whole lot acquiring the rights then great, but very few people are going to cancel their subscription to Sky Sports if they lose their NFL rights.

It would be madness from Goodell's perspective not to get something sorted out. With all his prattling on about expanding the game overseas and now having a yearly game in London, no TV coverage would be a massive step backwards.

For that reason I'm pretty sure something will get worked out in the next week or so.

Headless Hessian Rider
08-27-2012, 11:10 AM
NO DEALS FOR NFL YET (http://broncoblue69.blogspot.co.uk/)

Buy Gamepass by NFL see all games at every time you want to see... and better Coverage then any Sportsprogram i assume sky does it in the Uk too?
Here in Germany we got up to 4 Weeks a game but randomly Broncos are shown.
Its less money for the 4 Month then to pay the fee for local Pay-tv...

broncoblue
08-29-2012, 02:44 PM
C4 has announced SNF is on there ...thats a start.
is game pass really worth it? im toying with getting it.

Headless Hessian Rider
08-29-2012, 03:28 PM
C4 has announced SNF is on there ...thats a start.
is game pass really worth it? im toying with getting it.

I think yes. If your Internet connection is fast enough you could see games in HD Quality. You can see the game at every time you want to see you decide the start. Additional you could see 2 or 4 Games on one Screen at the same time. see Stats etc. You got many options. Connect your PC to your TV see game on a big screen... I really like it . I got it know for the second year in a row ... so its ensured that i can see every Bronco Game... Additional you can watch old Games from their archive...

ColoradoDarin
08-29-2012, 03:49 PM
DOT
the
first
row
DOT
eu

Chris
08-29-2012, 04:40 PM
I think yes. If your Internet connection is fast enough you could see games in HD Quality. You can see the game at every time you want to see you decide the start. Additional you could see 2 or 4 Games on one Screen at the same time. see Stats etc. You got many options. Connect your PC to your TV see game on a big screen... I really like it . I got it know for the second year in a row ... so its ensured that i can see every Bronco Game... Additional you can watch old Games from their archive...

Ich glaube Gamepass ist nur fur Kontinentaleuropa.

Can you get gamepass in the UK? If I move to Berlin I will get it.

Headless Hessian Rider
08-30-2012, 09:27 AM

NO Uk Restictions , Thats from the FAQ.
Are there any places where I cannot purchase NFL Game Pass?

NFL Game Pass is only available to users located outside the United States, Mexico, Bermuda, Antigua, the Bahamas, and any U.S. territories, possessions and commonwealths (including American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) (collectively, the "Game Pass Excluded Territories"). You are not authorized to use NFL Game Pass if you are located in any of the NFL Game Pass Excluded Territories.

Chris
08-30-2012, 09:31 AM
NO Uk Restictions , Thats from the FAQ.
Are there any places where I cannot purchase NFL Game Pass?

NFL Game Pass is only available to users located outside the United States, Mexico, Bermuda, Antigua, the Bahamas, and any U.S. territories, possessions and commonwealths (including American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) (collectively, the "Game Pass Excluded Territories"). You are not authorized to use NFL Game Pass if you are located in any of the NFL Game Pass Excluded Territories.

Where the heck was that for the 18 years of my life spent in Hong Kong. Had to wake up in the middle of the night and listen to the radio, or watch tapes my aunt sent me two weeks after the game.

Miss I.
08-30-2012, 11:13 AM
I got NFL gamepass last year. It is very good. I got the UK one. THe only place I could not use it was in the USA because I think that's a different one, but I could travel in Europe and watch my UK NFL game pass anywhere. I liked it, but it was expensive. A friend had given me a cheaper option, but I am mental and lost it.

FantomForce
08-30-2012, 12:25 PM
DOT
the
first
row
DOT
eu

my thoughts exactly

broncosteven
08-30-2012, 12:56 PM

Meine bliestiff ist kaput.

broncoblue
08-31-2012, 04:01 PM
my thoughts exactly

i have got fed up of links crashing

broncoblue
09-04-2012, 01:18 PM
sky have announced a 3 year deal..60 games live a season.

dictionary
09-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Had dinner with a Brit last night. We got to talking about UK tv that I couldnt get and he sent me the below. Apparently, you can choose other countries as well:

"VPN: https://www.my-private-<WBR>network.co.uk/ (https://www.my-private-network.co.uk/)

Set up an account.
Pick the country(s) you wish to see programs FROM (not the country you are in!)

Download the very basic connection software.

When you wish to watch....connect to your VPN. When connected, use the internet to watch the programs.

British TV is on the internet and is free on the net in the UK. However, they block it to overseas - and hence you need the VPN."

Chris
09-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Had dinner with a Brit last night. We got to talking about UK tv that I couldnt get and he sent me the below. Apparently, you can choose other countries as well:

"VPN: https://www.my-private-<WBR>network.co.uk/ (https://www.my-private-network.co.uk/)

Set up an account.
Pick the country(s) you wish to see programs FROM (not the country you are in!)

Download the very basic connection software.

When you wish to watch....connect to your VPN. When connected, use the internet to watch the programs.

British TV is on the internet and is free on the net in the UK. However, they block it to overseas - and hence you need the VPN."

Yeah I know a lot of people that do that. British TV is the best.