PDA

View Full Version : Position of Concern

vancejohnson82
08-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Safety....collapses left and right. We got beat a bunch of times last year on breakdowns in the position once Dawkins went down, but I thought it was because the kids were young. ANyone else concerned about this going forward??? This warm-up kinda brought that position to light again,in a negative way

Bueller??

Fight_On!
08-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Kelly says your OL....Manning will agree.

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb437/ssporras1977/392247A7-A544-473E-8F87-37B456451E9E-2429-0000022182F23C4C.jpghttp://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb437/ssporras1977/309D8E8C-FEE7-4D52-B080-5343771B37E3-2429-0000022403BB42F2.jpg

lonestar
08-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Not as worried about safety as I was I think otis this year made a big differenece.. Having a solid coach might help also.

Are any of these guys Atwater, Smith,,Lynch or Dawkins probably not but certainly not a panic situation either..

OBF1
08-26-2012, 03:15 PM
my only concern is anyone that is not on the first team. Not impressed with our backups.

vancejohnson82
08-26-2012, 03:19 PM
my only concern is anyone that is not on the first team. Not impressed with our backups.

Rahim moore is garbage

razorwire77
08-26-2012, 03:22 PM
RB depth after Willis (although Moreno made some decent plays catching the ball in space.

Depth at Sam and depth at Will LB.

Depth at both guard positions.

WR depth after Demaryius Thomas and Decker, although with all of the multiple TE sets I'm not that concerned.

Backup QB is a concern too, although I thought Hanie actually recovered pretty well after the INT, but he still likes to throw behind his receivers quite a bit.

Agamemnon
08-26-2012, 03:22 PM
Pretty much every backup position on the team. Our depth is woeful.

yerner
08-26-2012, 03:23 PM
too early to know ****

vancejohnson82
08-26-2012, 03:33 PM
too early to know ****

ok, so when will you know *****************

I'm worried at safety and WR

although someone mentioned earlier that the two TE sets will help out

LB also

theAPAOps5
08-26-2012, 04:06 PM
Our entire 2nd string

vancejohnson82
08-26-2012, 04:14 PM
2nd, 3rd, and 4th...garbage

hey, nice hands guys....Weber is cut at this point because his boys cant catch

vancejohnson82
08-26-2012, 04:23 PM
btw, cut Caleb Hanie and keep Weber

ghwk
08-26-2012, 05:41 PM
So who will get cut on other teams that can give us some depth?

Agamemnon
08-26-2012, 06:53 PM
So who will get cut on other teams that can give us some depth?

As a start, probably anyone from the 49ers. And I do mean anyone...

NFLBRONCO
08-26-2012, 08:37 PM
My concerns

1. S- Can we please hit wire and upgrade this posution
2. RB- Hit waiver wire please
3. WR- Want a Harvin type player add more quickness to this O
4. KR/PR need someone that bolsters our lousy ST's
5. LB LB LB

Jekyll15Hyde
08-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Rahim moore is garbage

He seems quite a bit better than last year. Of course, he was terrible last year so the reference makes it easy

Tombstone RJ
08-26-2012, 08:47 PM
My concerns

1. S- Can we please hit wire and upgrade this posution
2. RB- Hit waiver wire please
3. WR- Want a Harvin type player add more quickness to this O
4. KR/PR need someone that bolsters our lousy ST's
5. LB LB LB

good lord, ever hear of a guy by the name of Leonard?

Jekyll15Hyde
08-26-2012, 08:51 PM

You think he makes the team?

Didnt see if Brooking played today or not from my seats

bpc
08-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Pretty much agreed. We will have to watch the waiver wire throughout the season to see if any quality drops. Our backups look terrible. I'd say we're 6-7 deep on the OL. HB looks steady even if we cut Slowshon. Would have loved to see Osweiler do something this preseason but he regressed. I've never been impressed with WR 3-5. Stokely gets overused during the season and breaks down, that's what he does. TE's seem to drop a lot of balls or miss blocks.

DT depth is concerning. Back end depth hasn't worked itself out either.

We got a long ways to go. Starters look solid though.

NFLBRONCO
08-26-2012, 09:24 PM

I'd still gladly take another one.

DBroncos4life
08-26-2012, 09:32 PM

There is a h in his name people.

Tombstone RJ
08-26-2012, 09:36 PM
There is a h in his name people.

my bad, "Leonhard", because he hits HARD, booyah!

ZONA
08-26-2012, 11:15 PM
Pretty much every backup position on the team. Our depth is woeful.

I think we are all starting to agree on this. Our depth is crap. I like a few of our DL rotation guys but the secondary is horrible. Even the starting unit is not that good. Other then Champ, who in our secondary starts for anybody else? I like Harris and I think he's showing good improvement but the others look terrible.

And we might as well just cut Irving now and find somebody else after cuts are made. He's just a bad LB.

Bacchus
08-26-2012, 11:38 PM
I think we are all starting to agree on this. Our depth is crap. I like a few of our DL rotation guys but the secondary is horrible. Even the starting unit is not that good. Other then Champ, who in our secondary starts for anybody else? I like Harris and I think he's showing good improvement but the others look terrible.

And we might as well just cut Irving now and find somebody else after cuts are made. He's just a bad LB.

CB depth is good, DT depth is good, Lbers and Safties are hurting. I look for Brooking to be released and Denver will grab a LBer that is cut.

Archer81
08-27-2012, 12:17 AM
Our depth at S and LB is a problem. But this is not exactly news, is it?

:Broncos:

Ziggy
08-27-2012, 12:45 AM
Elway knew what the biggest weaknesses on this defense would be going into the season. Leonhard and Brooking were signed to shore them up. Unfortunately they can't seem to get on the field. Leonhard will be starting by week 3.

Hulamau
08-27-2012, 12:45 AM
Kelly says your OL....Manning will agree.

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb437/ssporras1977/392247A7-A544-473E-8F87-37B456451E9E-2429-0000022182F23C4C.jpghttp://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb437/ssporras1977/309D8E8C-FEE7-4D52-B080-5343771B37E3-2429-0000022403BB42F2.jpg

Idiot first statement from a Fader troll is NOT encouraging .. but what can you expect?? Fight_On! apparently had to suffer through his football 'education' in the bowels of dingy Oakland-Alameda Stadium. That's enough to stunt anyone's perspective.

The starting O-line has been near flawless in protecting Manning in the almost one full game he has played in this preseason.

In this not quite one game's worth of playing time so far (just over three quarters worth to be exact. Manning has gone 30 of 42 for 343 yards and a 71% completion average with 2 TDs and 3 INTs (two of which were tipped balls off the line and only one from an obvious bad pass) Plus having a number of drops including two for sure TDs ... Oh and ZERO sacks nor even any real hurries to speak of.

And all this after over 20 months of not throwing a football and just gettigngstarted on a brand new team.

So yes, your numbskull assessment about the one's O-line play is as predictable from a Chokeland lover as it is ridiculous.

But hey, welcome to the Mane!

Punisher
08-27-2012, 01:05 AM
Pretty much every team in the NFL back ups stink

Fight_On!
08-27-2012, 06:48 AM
Idiot first statement from a Fader troll is NOT encouraging .. but what can you expect?? Fight_On! apparently had to suffer through his football 'education' in the bowels of dingy Oakland-Alameda Stadium. That's enough to stunt anyone's perspective.

The starting O-line has been near flawless in protecting Manning in the almost one full game he has played in this preseason.

In this not quite one game's worth of playing time so far (just over three quarters worth to be exact. Manning has gone 30 of 42 for 343 yards and a 71% completion average with 2 TDs and 3 INTs (two of which were tipped balls off the line and only one from an obvious bad pass) Plus having a number of drops including two for sure TDs ... Oh and ZERO sacks nor even any real hurries to speak of.

And all this after over 20 months of not throwing a football and just gettigngstarted on a brand new team.

So yes, your numbskull assessment about the one's O-line play is as predictable from a Chokeland lover as it is ridiculous.

But hey, welcome to the Mane!

Wow, that got you orange and blue panties in a bunch. Yes my first post has some AFC West ribbing. So what, I did not come year claiming "Donkeys suck.....uh why......uh because the do!" bull****. What is laughable is how your enlightened mind goes off on this quibble with essentially some middle school name calling. That was my first post, now read other contributions I've made on this board....no "Donkeys suck" just football talk. I decided to join rival message boards because "homer" message boards can get myopic and if you contribute any reality into the conversation, your stamped as "not a true fan" even though I have followed football and the Raiders for 35 years. That being said, this myopic homerism abounds on all team message boards. Thank you for the welcome, I may like this place.

TheReverend
08-27-2012, 08:16 AM
Rahim moore is garbage

No.

Moore's been pretty good so far in his second season.

Rabb
08-27-2012, 08:19 AM
No.

Moore's been pretty good so far in his second season.

no Rev you have it all wrong, one terrible read and the guy should be cut!

oubronco
08-27-2012, 08:21 AM

Word

TheReverend
08-27-2012, 08:22 AM

It wasn't even a bad read. Von got caught napping in coverage on Vernon Davis. It happens to lots of LB'ers so its far from indictment on Von, but it sure as **** isn't Moore's fault:

A safety is NOT expected to make it all the way to the sideline when the offensive player gets a free release. That's the whole point of funneling players to the inside and playing on the out.

Rabb
08-27-2012, 08:28 AM
It wasn't even a bad read. Von got caught napping in coverage on Vernon Davis. It happens to lots of LB'ers so its far from indictment on Von, but it sure as **** isn't Moore's fault:

A safety is NOT expected to make it all the way to the sideline when the offensive player gets a free release. That's the whole point of funneling players to the inside and playing on the out.

Well, I was really agreeing with you...but both Rahim and Von were at fault on this for sure. At least it looked like it to me at the game, haven't watched replays.

Steve Sewell
08-27-2012, 08:38 AM
I'm going to go with whatever pricejj says. He's the expert, afterall.

Steve Sewell
08-27-2012, 08:41 AM
I have followed football and the Raiders for 35 years.

I am truly sorry.

Pony Boy
08-27-2012, 08:43 AM
If Manning goes down we will be the worst team in the league ....... we need to find another Gary Kubiak.

lonestar
08-27-2012, 09:05 AM
If Manning goes down we will be the worst team in the league ....... we need to find another Gary Kubiak.

An OC that carried a clipboard for all those years?

I remember a lot of chants that GK sucks get another QB when he was here.

If Mnning goes down hell we draft sooner that is all. One year we suck time to get a life if one year ruins your life.

We pretty much sucked donkey balls the first 16 years of being in the league.

You young pups are spoiled.

Pony Boy
08-27-2012, 10:16 AM
An OC that carried a clipboard for all those years?

I remember a lot of chants that GK sucks get another QB when he was here.

If Mnning goes down hell we draft sooner that is all. One year we suck time to get a life if one year ruins your life.

We pretty much sucked donkey balls the first 16 years of being in the league.

You young pups are spoiled.

First of all I was sitting in the stands when Morton was throwing to Moses, so I don't think I qualify as a young pup............. second Gary Kubiak was a very capable backup to Elway he knew the playbook inside and out and could keep the wheels on when needed. I don't see that with our backups, neither one can operate the Manning offense.

vancejohnson82
08-27-2012, 10:17 AM

damn, I don't even remember starting this thread

watched the play again and it definitely wasn't all on Moore, but it would be my guess that he's going to hear about this lapse in film today. ALthough he can't be expected to shade all the way out, he's at least gotta know Von has Vernon one on one out there and he's got no shot to cover

he's a young kid but I would still be concerned about our safety play. I have a feeling we give up some big plays this year ....just a guess though

BroncoBeavis
08-27-2012, 10:24 AM
First of all I was sitting in the stands when Morton was throwing to Moses, so I don't think I qualify as a young pup............. second Gary Kubiak was a very capable backup to Elway he knew the playbook inside and out and could keep the wheels on when needed. I don't see that with our backups, neither one can operate the Manning offence.

I'm not sure there's any such thing as a backup that can run the Manning offense. What he does is so unique, I'd think someone else who could pull it off would be an automatic starter somewhere.

Last year's Colts showed it to us. With Manning, there really is no plan B.

Beantown Bronco
08-27-2012, 10:27 AM
damn, I don't even remember starting this thread

watched the play again and it definitely wasn't all on Moore, but it would be my guess that he's going to hear about this lapse in film today. ALthough he can't be expected to shade all the way out, he's at least gotta know Von has Vernon one on one out there and he's got no shot to cover

he's a young kid but I would still be concerned about our safety play. I have a feeling we give up some big plays this year ....just a guess though

The one thing we may have in our favor here is Manning. The universal strategy teams are going to employ against us involves keeping him off the field as much as possible, which means long drives, running and shorter passes. We might not see very many deep plays, so there's a chance this weakness won't be exploited as much.

vancejohnson82
08-27-2012, 10:37 AM
The one thing we may have in our favor here is Manning. The universal strategy teams are going to employ against us involves keeping him off the field as much as possible, which means long drives, running and shorter passes. We might not see very many deep plays, so there's a chance this weakness won't be exploited as much.

true, I was talking about that yesterday with my friend....I have a feeling we are going to be very stout against the run this year....one thing I do know is that teams won't be able to hit the edges against us with much success...the Niners tried it quite a few times yesterday and got NOTHING. Basically, all our safeties need to do is track TEs and keep an eye out for play action...

I know one thing for sure, the 3rd down defense needs to be at the level it was last year and not revert back to what it was in years past. You can see Manning licking his chops as he starts to get in the heads of defenses...3 and outs will almost ensure success on the ensuing drive.

It feels good to not have him on the other side of the ball

Fight_On!
08-27-2012, 10:39 AM
I am truly sorry.

:afro: I'm not, overall....in those 35 years it has been a great ride.

lonestar
08-27-2012, 12:33 PM
First of all I was sitting in the stands when Morton was throwing to Moses, so I don't think I qualify as a young pup............. second Gary Kubiak was a very capable backup to Elway he knew the playbook inside and out and could keep the wheels on when needed. I don't see that with our backups, neither one can operate the Manning offense.

No one can run Mannings offense but Manning I doubt even Kubes could have done it.
So what does that mean?

Just like last year if something should go wrong they simplify the play book. Just like everyone does when NUmber 1 goes down.

DontBeMessin
08-27-2012, 12:46 PM
Are you all blurred by your devotion to your team? Your OLine sucks – your run defense is not looking good (even ours looks better). You have no safeties. No running game…

Requiem
08-27-2012, 12:50 PM
Hey Don'tBeMessin', early release treatin' you well?

Rabb
08-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Are you all blurred by your devotion to your team? Your OLine sucks – your run defense is not looking good (even ours looks better). You have no safeties. No running game…

You have Carson Palmer...we win

DontBeMessin
08-27-2012, 01:30 PM
Hey Don'tBeMessin', early release treatin' you well?

Wow... I bet several people laughed at your original post!!! Because it's so funny!!!

DontBeMessin
08-27-2012, 01:31 PM

We shall see...

Requiem
08-27-2012, 01:33 PM
Wow... I bet several people laughed at your original post!!! Because it's so funny!!!

Tell me about ankle bracelets and soap wars.

Fight_On!
08-27-2012, 01:38 PM

That is some deep insightful analysis.....SMH...I was under the impression that true football talk could be found here.

Rabb
08-27-2012, 01:51 PM
That is some deep insightful analysis.....SMH...I was under the impression that true football talk could be found here.

Awesome, keep looking if you don't like it. Doesn't change the fact that Palmer is terrible enough to negate anything DBM just said, but hey...keep on hoping.

Beantown Bronco
08-27-2012, 02:03 PM

Is it possible to have true football talk about a team like the Raiders that hasn't played true football in decades?

lolcopter
08-27-2012, 02:05 PM

Don't know where that came from

DontBeMessin
08-27-2012, 03:01 PM
Tell me about ankle bracelets and soap wars.
Does ankle bracelets and soap make your pp hard? Are you touching yourself?

Fight_On!
08-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Awesome, keep looking if you don't like it. Doesn't change the fact that Palmer is terrible enough to negate anything DBM just said, but hey...keep on hoping.

Palmer is terrible enough to negate anything DMC(DBM?)can do? SMH....lol....wow. Let's go with that assumption that CP will not improve. Seeing that a comparison can be made with the imperfect Broncos. Manning's stellar performance will be negated by a D that can't stop the run and weak DB's that will be torn up by short passing routs which in turn negates Dumerville/Miller pass rush (the strength of the Denver's D).Long sustained drives keep all world Manning off the field.

Bottom line.....we can make all the assumptions we want. We will just have to wait and see. I do believe the Broncos are the favorite to win the west.....that 100% the presence of Manning. Of the other 3 teams one could argue SD having a legit shot....the dark horse in all this is the Raiders. With Al being gone, this team will not be ran the same offensively and defensively. It's a new era and no one knows how the season will go in Oakland.

Fight_On!
08-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Is it possible to have true football talk about a team like the Raiders that hasn't played true football in decades?

In DECADES!? SMH...

Bacchus
08-27-2012, 03:26 PM

Getting screwed by having Palmer as Oakland's starting QB was not enough. They needed to give a 1st and 2nd rounder to complete the screwing.

They gave a 1st and 2nd and what did Denver give to get Manning?? Oh yeah they didn't.

Who would you rather have Peyton Manning and your 1st and 2nd round picks or Carson Plamer minus your first and 2nd round picks?

Can you see why Oakland fan is bitter?

Fight_On!
08-27-2012, 03:29 PM
Getting screwed by having Palmer as Oakland's starting QB was not enough. They needed to give a 1st and 2nd rounder to complete the screwing.

Yup, insight football talk....:woowoo::woowoo::woowoo::woowoo:

Fight_On!
08-27-2012, 03:31 PM
I see you edited your post.....Manning is without a doubt better than CP.....I have no problem accepting that. But the west is wide open and Denver far from being head and shoulders above the rest of the AFC West.

NFLBRONCO
08-27-2012, 04:45 PM
I see you edited your post.....Manning is without a doubt better than CP.....I have no problem accepting that. But the west is wide open and Denver far from being head and shoulders above the rest of the AFC West.

I hate to agree but, if healthy (Charles and McFadden) both have had their best games against us. I think this division is wide open.

Rabb
08-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Palmer is terrible enough to negate anything DMC(DBM?)can do? SMH....lol....wow. Let's go with that assumption that CP will not improve. Seeing that a comparison can be made with the imperfect Broncos. Manning's stellar performance will be negated by a D that can't stop the run and weak DB's that will be torn up by short passing routs which in turn negates Dumerville/Miller pass rush (the strength of the Denver's D).Long sustained drives keep all world Manning off the field.

Bottom line.....we can make all the assumptions we want. We will just have to wait and see. I do believe the Broncos are the favorite to win the west.....that 100% the presence of Manning. Of the other 3 teams one could argue SD having a legit shot....the dark horse in all this is the Raiders. With Al being gone, this team will not be ran the same offensively and defensively. It's a new era and no one knows how the season will go in Oakland.

DBM = Don't Be Messin' who is the other Raider fan chiming in here. Not DMC.

Nobody knows how things will go with any team in our division this season, I agree with you there.

Are you really shaking your head when you type that? It's the dumbest god damn acronym on the intarwebs.

Rabb
08-27-2012, 05:03 PM
In DECADES!? SMH...

did you just learn this?

Fight_On!
08-27-2012, 05:22 PM
DBM = Don't Be Messin' who is the other Raider fan chiming in here. Not DMC.

Nobody knows how things will go with any team in our division this season, I agree with you there.

Are you really shaking your head when you type that? It's the dumbest god damn acronym on the intarwebs.

I see you view yourself as the internet cool kid. Setting trends one viral post at a time....you go kid! Is cool still an "in word"? Just checking. :thumbs:

Rabb
08-27-2012, 05:29 PM
You're adorable

Fight_On!
08-27-2012, 06:27 PM
You're adorable

SMH.....oops....sorry Ra:afro:bb....."SMH" is not in any more is it kiddo....darn it.