PDA

View Full Version : Where are they now? McHoodie's draft class of 2009.

Bronco Rob
08-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Josh McDaniels' first draft class as Broncos coach, the 2009 group, included 10 players. Only three remain with the team. "I feel like I have to perform for myself and my family, but the draft class comes along with it, because we don't want to be seen as that bust class," said safety David Bruton. What happened to the Broncos' draft class of 2009:

STILL IN DENVER

No. 12 pick overall, running back Knowshon Moreno: Nearly recovered from an ACL injury suffered last season, Moreno is competing for the No. 2 or No. 3 tailback job.

No. 18, defensive end Robert Ayers: A starter last year, Ayers is now playing with the second-team base defense and should be part of the Broncos' defensive line rotation.

No. 114, safety David Bruton: Fighting for a backup job on defense, Bruton remains a top special-teams contributor.

OFF THE ROSTER

No. 37, cornerback Alphonso Smith: Traded to Detroit at the end of the 2010 preseason for tight end Dan Gronkowski.

No. 48, safety Darcel McBath: Cut by the Broncos after training camp last season. Now with the 49ers, he will play against the Broncos on Sunday.

No. 64, tight end Richard Quinn: Cut by the Broncos at the end of the 2011 preseason, Quinn is playing for Mike Shanahan and the Redskins.

No. 129, guard Seth Olsen: Released by the Broncos in 2010, Olsen now plays for the Colts.

No. 141, wide receiver Kenny McKinley: Died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound in 2010.

No. 171, quarterback Tom Brandstater: Cut by the Broncos before training camp in 2010. Spent last season on the Rams' practice squad.

No. 225, center Blake Schlueter: Didn't make the Broncos or the practice squad as a rookie in 2009.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21396755/special-teams-could-be-david-brutons-safety-net#ixzz24aHofYKL

vanbrugh
08-25-2012, 12:32 PM
That is not good reading:tearhair:

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-25-2012, 12:34 PM
The "we don't need a big draft board" effect. If they were at the top of his stubbornly narrow sighted board he was going for them regardless of who was still available.

KipCorrington25
08-25-2012, 12:41 PM
Talent is to McCheat as Kryptonite is to Superman.

Swedish Extrovert
08-25-2012, 12:47 PM
This is an insightful analysis, BroncoRob. Thanks for your contributions and qualified opinions.

gyldenlove
08-25-2012, 01:12 PM
I owe you rep for doing this, for some reason it is not working for me right now - remind me.

AmericanBroncFan
08-25-2012, 01:42 PM
I thought McBath would be a good S. Injuries and coaching changes ruined any chance he had.

SoCalBronco
08-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Where are all the McDi****ckers who were attacking us for opposing him? You got what you deserved.

spdirty
08-25-2012, 03:07 PM
Where are all the McDi******ers who were attacking us for opposing him? You got what you deserved.

Popps disappeared, Tsiguy is no longer chief of the fan police anymore. CBF1 can **** off too for that.

Man that era was depressing. Feels good not to be the joke of the league anymore.

broncosteven
08-25-2012, 03:16 PM
even guys mCd brought in in FA or Trade are gone.

Orton
Voltron

Mays is still here and still sucking

Anyone remember Ty Law?

How many CB's did mCd bring in who are gone now?

People laughed at the turnover after Shanny left but mCd's turn over is more telling especially since he was only here 18 months and there are only about 4 of the guys he brought in left after all that turn over.

bpc
08-25-2012, 03:26 PM
If I saw McDaniels in the street, I would probably try and fight him. Seriously, **** that guy. This draft was awful. I called the Moreno bust long before he ever donned the Broncos gear. Can't believe we jumped on that handgrenade. Or Quinn... or McBath. Good god.

I still remember the arrogance from that ****, his pseudo front office and all the Shanny haters who positioned themselves as McDaniels lovers just to prove their point. They epicly failed. Thank god Bowlen and co. wised up. That was an awful experiment. "I ONLY NEED A 60 PLAYER BOARD GOING INTO THE DRAFT, WE'RE BUCKING THE TREND!"

Bacchus
08-25-2012, 03:36 PM
If I saw McDaniels in the street, I would probably try and fight him. Seriously, **** that guy. This draft was awful. I called the Moreno bust long before he ever donned the Broncos gear. Can't believe we jumped on that handgrenade. Or Quinn... or McBath. Good god.

I still remember the arrogance from that ****, his pseudo front office and all the Shanny haters who positioned themselves as McDaniels lovers just to prove their point. They epicly failed. Thank god Bowlen and co. wised up. That was an awful experiment. "I ONLY NEED A 60 PLAYER BOARD GOING INTO THE DRAFT, WE'RE BUCKING THE TREND!"

wow, quoted for truth

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-25-2012, 03:46 PM
even guys mCd brought in in FA or Trade are gone.

Orton
Voltron

Mays is still here and still sucking

Anyone remember Ty Law?

How many CB's did mCd bring in who are gone now?

People laughed at the turnover after Shanny left but mCd's turn over is more telling especially since he was only here 18 months and there are only about 4 of the guys he brought in left after all that turn over.

Or his fascination with the dolphins secondary. Nate f*** jones.

broncosteven
08-25-2012, 03:48 PM

We would have been really bad off if Bowlen didn't see his mistake and fix it after 18 months (of Pure HELL). I am sure the cheating scandal was what hastened mCd's departure, if that didn't break we could have had to endure one more year of his incompetence and missed out on a quality HC like John Fox.

ward63
08-25-2012, 04:54 PM
Have we ever had a draft class with that many players and was a draft that bad?

DBroncos4life
08-25-2012, 05:30 PM
Two 1st and two 2nd rounders in one draft and maybe only one of those guys will make our team this year.

broncosteven
08-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Or his fascination with the dolphins secondary. Nate **** jones.

I forgot about that waste.

DBroncos4life
08-25-2012, 05:52 PM
Traded a 4th rounder for Maronay a month before Lynch got traded for a 4th.

uplink
08-25-2012, 06:09 PM
the three still here are all close to the bubble as well (Injuries may have saved Ayers)

Lestat
08-25-2012, 06:31 PM
on the plus side. the epic **** up that was the McDaniels era allowed us to move into the Elway era. he's revamped the team, brought in Peyton Manning and has the team on a path to be a contender for multiple seasons.

all in the same time span that it took McDaniels to turn us into an XFL franchise.

McDman
08-25-2012, 06:31 PM
Popps disappeared, Tsiguy is no longer chief of the fan police anymore. CBF1 can **** off too for that.

Man that era was depressing. Feels good not to be the joke of the league anymore.

I wonder what happened to Popps.

DBroncos4life
08-25-2012, 06:36 PM

Creating accounts on all 32 team boards to save him the trouble of following McD around.

broncosteven
08-25-2012, 06:52 PM

I think he did the same thing last offseason, he lived his life then came back here after the season started. I put him on Iggy for awhile because he was a broken record, was bitter and didn't add any value. I saw some of his posts pop up as blocked not too long ago so I don't think he left. Might have got tired about backing the wrong people though but that is pure speculation. I figured he found better things to do than try to be right about everything all the time. I wish him well, even took him off Iggy, we will see how long that lasts.

Bacchus
08-25-2012, 07:19 PM
I think he did the same thing last offseason, he lived his life then came back here after the season started. I put him on Iggy for awhile because he was a broken record, was bitter and didn't add any value. I saw some of his posts pop up as blocked not too long ago so I don't think he left. Might have got tired about backing the wrong people though but that is pure speculation. I figured he found better things to do than try to be right about everything all the time. I wish him well, even took him off Iggy, we will see how long that lasts.

So Popps liked McD and disappears when the Broncs get Manning?? That is crazy.

mwill07
08-25-2012, 07:40 PM
funny that a thread about McD's personnel moves, peyton hillis and jay cutler weren't mentioned.

I was thinking about the above a couple of weeks ago when Den was playing Chi...this really made me re-consider the McD/cutler fiasco. At the time, I put all the blame on cutler being a petulant infant. Since McD has shown a pattern of consistently doing the wrong thing, personnel wise, it makes me re-consider that stance. Maybe cutler isn't such a douche after all.

Beantown Bronco
08-25-2012, 07:47 PM
Maybe cutler isn't such a douche after all.

Shut your filthy whore mouth.

broncosteven
08-25-2012, 07:47 PM
funny that a thread about McD's personnel moves, peyton hillis and jay cutler weren't mentioned.

I was thinking about the above a couple of weeks ago when Den was playing Chi...this really made me re-consider the McD/cutler fiasco. At the time, I put all the blame on cutler being a petulant infant. Since McD has shown a pattern of consistently doing the wrong thing, personnel wise, it makes me re-consider that stance. Maybe cutler isn't such a douche after all.

He is a petulant douche, he was last night, but he is a much better QB than Cassell or Orton and had mCd not come in the door with his my way or the highway act they may have both benifited by working together.

mwill07
08-25-2012, 07:53 PM
He is a petulant douche, he was last night, but he is a much better QB than Cassell or Orton and had mCd not come in the door with his my way or the highway act they may have both benifited by working together.

We have no idea how many petulant douches there are in the NFL right now or what head coaches or GM's have to go through every day to keep the crazy under wraps. Obviously, McD wasn't up to that task.

SoCalBronco
08-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Popps is good people he has a lot of stuff going on now but will be back during the season

bowtown
08-25-2012, 08:00 PM

False.

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Cutler-middle-finger.jpg

mwill07
08-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Here's another McD blunder we can toss around:

In 2010, McD released 2009 pro-bowler Casey Weigmann and replaced him with JD Walton. No veteran center was brought in. To compound the issue, we started a rookie guard right next to Walton.

We entered the 2010 season with massive inexperience along the interior line, and had no veterans to help the rooks out. In my book, this was gross negligence and/or incompetence, and we continue to suffer the consequences. You want a youth movement? Fine...at least have a veteran around in case the rook stumbles.

go_broncos
08-25-2012, 08:05 PM
you forgot about Hillis and Tony scheffler.
I still remember poops posting a thread about hillis being dumb and how great Moreno is.

broncosteven
08-25-2012, 08:38 PM
Poops is good people he has a lot of stuff going on now but will be back during the season

That is sorta where I was trying to go.

LOL

boltaneer
08-25-2012, 08:42 PM
I forget who was the guy here adamant that McDaniels drafted Moreno to prevent the Chargers from getting him.

Maybe it was true...

Bacchus
08-25-2012, 08:51 PM

Brandon Marshall too

Bacchus
08-25-2012, 08:54 PM
False.

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Cutler-middle-finger.jpg

WHat does that prove? You know this photographer was walking ahead of Cutler for 3 blocks antagonizing him before Cutler flipped him the bird.

bowtown
08-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Brandon Marshall too

Brandon Marshall was one of the only things he got right.

Bacchus
08-25-2012, 08:57 PM
Brandon Marshall was one of the only things he got right.

Maybe, but its another thing you can add to the list. Marshall has problems off the field, but on the field he is a pro's pro, well liked by his teammates and VERY productive.

Once Marshall matures he will be one of the best players in the NFL. I personally think Cutler, Marshall, Sheffler and Hillis should all still be on the team. Denver would be better for it.

outdoor_miner
08-25-2012, 10:05 PM
Brandon Marshall... on the field he is a pro's pro...

Hilarious!

errand
08-25-2012, 10:09 PM
Where are all the McDi******ers who were attacking us for opposing him? You got what you deserved.

**** you man....you've been wrong about a lot of **** too....who the **** hasn't. Bottom line is if we really knew anything, we'd be the ****ing coaches and FO people....but if it makes you feel better to feel vindicated because you said he sucked...no problem dude.

First off nobody was "attacking" anyone...you want a mea culpa, OK...I was wrong in thinking he'd be the wunderkind that Bowlen and alot of others thought he'd be.....his resume' as a QB coach and Patriots OC was pretty good, he was considered one of the best candidates available at the time of his hiring....and his 6-0 fast start made a lot of people believe that he was going to be a good one.

....however in hindsight, Josh was in over his head as a rookie head coach....his 11-18 record and SpygateII led to his downfall...it happens sometimes. You clowns bring up Alphonso and Knowshon, but never say anything about some of the **** that led to Mike's firing, which led to McDaniels hiring.

Guys like Jarvis Moss....Maurice Clarett...George Foster...and Ashley Lelie to name a few. Josh had two drafts, and while you can argue over whether or not the guys he selected warranted being drafted when they were drafted, but to say he only drafted **** players is pretty ****ing stupid.

Alphonso Smith has 8 career INTs....in 23 games since being traded to Detroit. that's one INT every 3 games in Detroit...and averages about 3 picks per season. Had he produced these kinds of numbers as a Bronco, you wouldn't be bitching....he was considered at the time he was drafted, one of the better DB's coming out of college

Knowshon Moreno has 466 carries for 1905 yards (4.1 ypc) and 12 TD's...with 76 receptions for 686 yards (9.0 ypr) and 6 TD's in 36 games...that's 72 total yards a game....and while he might not have warranted the 12th overall selection, he was considered at the time he was drafted the most complete RB coming out of college.

Again **** happens....and it happens to great coaches too, not just the young rookies....you act like the draft is a sure fire no brainer...if it were, we'd have Ed ****ing Reed, now wouldn't we?

Popps
08-25-2012, 10:20 PM
Popps disappeared

Say what, kid? I've been on this site for over a decade. I was around all last season. I ducked out AFTER LAST season because I've got a life, and you may want to chase one of those down. Anyone who knows me knows I almost always go into lurk-mode in the off-season. If you want to be a fanboy, you'd better get your **** right.

Had a blast watching last year, love the new regime, love where we're headed.
A few of you on-off fans want to live in the past, have at it.

I'll be enjoying my team as I have the last 30 years.

SoCal,

Peace brother. Sorry about DJ. Looks like we all miss a few predictions, eh? :) Catch up with you soon.

errand
08-25-2012, 10:21 PM
you forgot about Hillis and Tony scheffler.
I still remember poops posting a thread about hillis being dumb and how great Moreno is.

That's about a huge stretch there dude....

A lot of members on this site were wondering why Hillis wasn't playing as a Bronco and why he got shipped out of town...Popps posted an article by someone who had evaluated Hillis that gave food for thought as to why Hillis wasn't on the field. And with the mane being the mane....people got their panties in a bunch. however it was one of the most epic threads ever, so.....

errand
08-25-2012, 10:25 PM
on the plus side. the epic **** up that was the McDaniels era allowed us to move into the Elway era. he's revamped the team, brought in Peyton Manning and has the team on a path to be a contender for multiple seasons.

all in the same time span that it took McDaniels to turn us into an XFL franchise.

Exactly...not to mention mike's ****-ups led to McDaniels being hired in the first place...everything happens for a reason evidently.

Popps
08-25-2012, 10:29 PM
That's about a huge stretch there dude....

A lot of members on this site were wondering why Hillis wasn't playing as a Bronco and why he got shipped out of town...Popps posted an article by someone who had evaluated Hillis that gave food for thought as to why Hillis wasn't on the field. And with the mane being the mane....people got their panties in a bunch. however it was one of the most epic threads ever, so.....

Right.

And then there was that little detail about Hillis actually proving himself dumb in about 100 different ways and getting himself run out of Cleveland.

errand
08-25-2012, 10:35 PM

sometimes life gets in the way...even the Broncos get put on hold.

errand
08-25-2012, 10:42 PM

I admit I supported McDaniels, but understood why he was fired...however I do wonder what might have been had he and Jay been able to coexist, and failing in that had he stayed and developed Tebow

errand
08-25-2012, 10:52 PM
Right.

And then there was that little detail about Hillis actually proving himself dumb in about 100 different ways and getting himself run out of Cleveland.

.....not to mention he's looking more like a one hit wonder. A 250 lb. Gaston Green.

maher_tyler
08-25-2012, 11:24 PM

Couldn't agree more!

Bacchus
08-25-2012, 11:59 PM
sometimes life gets in the way...even the Broncos get put on hold.

So his life abrupted the same time the Broncos turned upside down?? wow, that is tough.

Bacchus
08-26-2012, 12:01 AM
Right.

wow, whatever you say but I'll guess Hillis proves you wrong this year.

You think Hillis did 100 different things wrong I suppose you naming 25 should not be too hard.

BroncoBuff
08-26-2012, 01:49 AM

Photoshop, please ... not even a very good Photoshop. His head should be about 10% larger, and pasted a couple tics higher on the body.

Cutler has undeniable douche-like tendencies, but from the very start people over-stated his position. He never said he was untouchable, or couldn't or shouldn't be traded. He said that when he heard his name had been mentioned in trade talks - which it had, mostly by other teams, Josh was not "shopping" him - he asked Josh about it, and Josh lied. Said it didn't happen. Cutler pressed the issue (and pressed and pressed) but Josh refused to budge off the lie.

Punisher
08-26-2012, 04:54 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92954

It's not like any coach in your idiotic scenario would cut Tebow anyway, so why don't you just become a raider fan?

Rock Chalk
08-26-2012, 05:27 AM

No, Popps, like me, disappears in the offseason because this place is a ****ing train wreck in the offseason.

Unlike you ****ing losers, other people actually follow other sports and other teams so we move on away from here when the Broncos aren't playing.

You douches that follow training camp and OTAs and everything Broncos when there is no actual football are pathetic. It takes me about 2 hours one day during preseason to find out EVERYTHING you retards wasted hours on here for in the offseason.

Natedogg
08-26-2012, 05:42 AM
Decade-plus member with 29000-plus posts calls other Maners losers.

What a website.

Broncomutt
08-26-2012, 08:20 AM
No, Popps, like me, disappears in the offseason because this place is a ****ing train wreck in the offseason.

Unlike you ****ing losers, other people actually follow other sports and other teams so we move on away from here when the Broncos aren't playing.

You douches that follow training camp and OTAs and everything Broncos when there is no actual football are pathetic. It takes me about 2 hours one day during preseason to find out EVERYTHING you retards wasted hours on here for in the offseason.

Dude posted pictures of his kids once in order to win an interwebz argument. Hard to respect a poster after that.

steeledude
08-26-2012, 09:10 AM
Say what, kid? I've been on this site for over a decade. I was around all last season. I ducked out AFTER LAST season because I've got a life, and you may want to chase one of those down. Anyone who knows me knows I almost always go into lurk-mode in the off-season. If you want to be a fanboy, you'd better get your **** right.

Wait, should he get a life or should he spend time here evaluating your message board habits? I love how wrong you've turned out to be, and irrelevant.

Popps
08-26-2012, 10:13 AM
Dude posted pictures of his kids once in order to win an interwebz argument. Hard to respect a poster after that.

:rofl:

Excuse me? Don't think so, boss. I've been a huge proponent here of leaving families out of things. You got the wrong guy. That, or you're radically butchering what really happened to make yourself feel better.

That said, I'm fine with you not respecting me. Looks like you operate below the decency level, anyway. Real question is, why do you care so much about me? Explore that more.

Popps
08-26-2012, 10:18 AM

In truth, it's always been a train-wreck. The regular season at least brings out more decent posters, though. This place has its value if you can use ignore, and nit-pick the posters. I will say, in the little time I've had to lurk here... it looks like a lot of the garbage has bee thrown out. Of course, judging by this thread... plenty of garbage remains. But, thus is the internet.

Lots of good posters here. Again, the problem gets to be... do you want to weed through the temporary fans and internet warriors to find a good football take? There are lots more good options out there now than there were even 5 years ago. This place has simply fallen a bit down the reading-list for many of us.

Enjoy the game today, Alec. Go Broncos.

Bacchus
08-26-2012, 10:29 AM

LOL..... well it's nice to have you guys join us. I have read some past posts and both you and Popps keep this place moving.

bpc
08-26-2012, 10:53 AM
**** you man....you've been wrong about a lot of **** too....who the **** hasn't. Bottom line is if we really knew anything, we'd be the ****ing coaches and FO people....but if it makes you feel better to feel vindicated because you said he sucked...no problem dude.

First off nobody was "attacking" anyone...you want a mea culpa, OK...I was wrong in thinking he'd be the wunderkind that Bowlen and alot of others thought he'd be.....his resume' as a QB coach and Patriots OC was pretty good, he was considered one of the best candidates available at the time of his hiring....and his 6-0 fast start made a lot of people believe that he was going to be a good one.

....however in hindsight, Josh was in over his head as a rookie head coach....his 11-18 record and SpygateII led to his downfall...it happens sometimes. You clowns bring up Alphonso and Knowshon, but never say anything about some of the **** that led to Mike's firing, which led to McDaniels hiring.

Guys like Jarvis Moss....Maurice Clarett...George Foster...and Ashley Lelie to name a few. Josh had two drafts, and while you can argue over whether or not the guys he selected warranted being drafted when they were drafted, but to say he only drafted **** players is pretty ****ing stupid.

Alphonso Smith has 8 career INTs....in 23 games since being traded to Detroit. that's one INT every 3 games in Detroit...and averages about 3 picks per season. Had he produced these kinds of numbers as a Bronco, you wouldn't be b****ing....he was considered at the time he was drafted, one of the better DB's coming out of college

Knowshon Moreno has 466 carries for 1905 yards (4.1 ypc) and 12 TD's...with 76 receptions for 686 yards (9.0 ypr) and 6 TD's in 36 games...that's 72 total yards a game....and while he might not have warranted the 12th overall selection, he was considered at the time he was drafted the most complete RB coming out of college.

Again **** happens....and it happens to great coaches too, not just the young rookies....you act like the draft is a sure fire no brainer...if it were, we'd have Ed ****ing Reed, now wouldn't we?

You on the rags son?

bpc
08-26-2012, 10:55 AM

Love how it was you two years ago hanging off every thread, cursing people out. Then you suddenly developed a life and climbed on your soapbox to brow beat others.

Same old Alec, eh?

rbackfactory80
08-26-2012, 11:00 AM
Posts in potentially epic thread.

Popps
08-26-2012, 11:01 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m_HnBac5jWs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Popps
08-26-2012, 11:02 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dsKO_r76kfQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TheChamp24
08-26-2012, 11:05 AM

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

Beantown Bronco
08-26-2012, 11:21 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GiwqEz50ipY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DBroncos4life
08-26-2012, 11:54 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GiwqEz50ipY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ha ha ha ha ha .:thumbs:

spdirty
08-26-2012, 11:59 AM

So you can't balance life out with the mane. And so now that the season starts, what, you saying goodbye to life again? I and many others have a life, and at the same time are able to find the time to come on here. Pretty amazing how we're able to pull that off, but for some reason it's happening.

I only noticed your absence since I only noticed your posts since you decided to annoint yourself head of the McDaniels positive thinking fan brigade while he was busy turning Broncos Country into a depressing hole.

Had a blast watching last year, love the new regime, love where we're headed.
A few of you on-off fans want to live in the past, have at it.

I'll be enjoying my team as I have the last 30 years.

Good. Hope you have a blast watching this year too.

spdirty
08-26-2012, 12:02 PM

Congratulations. My only wish is that one day I could live to be half as cool as you.

Miss I.
08-26-2012, 12:07 PM
Dang, and you call us bitches...when you boys cat fight, you really get all serious and stuff...dang...

Aren't we all rooting for the same team? Or do you guys play for a different team, aheam root for a different team? ;D

Not but really, why don't you whores lighten the eff up and get the sand out of your peni? wait, is the plural of penis, peni or penises? anyway, get the sand out of it because it's bound to cause infection and then well it will have to be Lorena-d.

DBroncos4life
08-26-2012, 12:46 PM
Congratulations. My only wish is that one day I could live to be half as cool as you.

I'm sure he has 30000 posts on all other boards of the other sports teams he follows as well. Yet us that only stay on here have no lives. :rofl:

broncosteven
08-26-2012, 01:09 PM

Fing G

LOL

Popps
08-26-2012, 02:08 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b0kSpfAoyZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

errand
08-26-2012, 02:16 PM
so now that we established McDaniels' first draft wasn't one of the all-time great ones...let's discuss his 2nd draft where he selected Decker, Thomas and Tebow?

If he selects only ****...why are Decker and Thomas being praised by Manning for their development and potential? And what about all three of those guys giving us one of the most exciting seasons A.E. (After Elway)? Not to mention the anticipation for this upcoming season with Manning at the helm?

DBroncos4life
08-26-2012, 02:25 PM
so now that we established McDaniels' first draft wasn't one of the all-time great ones...let's discuss his 2nd draft where he selected Decker, Thomas and Tebow?

If he selects only ****...why are Decker and Thomas being praised by Manning for their development and potential? And what about all three of those guys giving us one of the most exciting seasons A.E. (After Elway)? Not to mention the anticipation for this upcoming season with Manning at the helm?

Two ****ing players that he drafted are good out of 8 picks in the first two rounds and you want us to pat him on the back? GTFO! Decker was a third rounder too! You defending McD reminds me of the posters that think Tebow is a good QB!!!!

Bronco Rob
08-26-2012, 07:23 PM
If I saw McDaniels in the street, I would probably try and fight him. Seriously, **** that guy.

I would beat McHoodie like he owed me money.

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa444/Paxil_Rose/hoodie.jpg

He'd be fishing his chickets out of storm drain.

:thumbs:

PaintballCLE
08-26-2012, 08:47 PM
so maybe i am missing something........... but everyone went nuts and still brings it up that mcdaniels only had 250 players on his draft board......

7 rounds x 32 teams = 224 picks +comp picks

So wouldn't 250 be enough? no matter what your players will be there.

errand
08-26-2012, 10:04 PM
Two ****ing players that he drafted are good out of 8 picks in the first two rounds and you want us to pat him on the back? GTFO! Decker was a third rounder too! You defending McD reminds me of the posters that think Tebow is a good QB!!!!

I'm not defending him...just pointing out that his '10 draft was better than his '09 draft...as it netted 4 starters in Beadles, Walton, Decker and Thomas and at least the two WR's are going to play bigger roles in '12...

Beantown Bronco
08-27-2012, 06:01 AM
so maybe i am missing something........... but everyone went nuts and still brings it up that mcdaniels only had 250 players on his draft board......

7 rounds x 32 teams = 224 picks +comp picks

So wouldn't 250 be enough? no matter what your players will be there.

Ummmm, you're waaaay off. He said "under 100" not "250".

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=4117187

mwill07
08-27-2012, 06:23 AM

let's talk about the 2010 draft then.

1. Demaryius Thomas over Dez Bryant. The book is far from closed here if McD made the right choice. Demaryius wins on attitude and the deep ball but Dez may be a better all around WR. When all is said and done, the Demaryius pick may have been ok but maybe not optimal.

2. Tebow. Whether he was worth a 1st rounder has been debated. What cannot be debated is that 2 years later he was traded for a 4th round pick.

3. Beadles/Walton - the center piece of our soft interior line. I don't think there are a whole lot of fans of these guys...I've mentioned it in this thread before, but drafting these guys to start w/o having a veteran presence was irresponsible and borderline negligent.

4. Decker - a great pick.

after that, there's a rapist in the 5th, a bum in the 6th, and Syd'Quan and another bum in the 7th.

so what we have here is one starter who it isn't clear if he was the right guy, one great starter, and two guys who probably shouldn't be starting. This certainly was a better draft than the abortion that was 2009, but I wouldn't go so far as to call this draft good.

broncosteven
08-27-2012, 12:53 PM
So long Lonnie.

Apparently we don't need a LS that is paid $1.5 mill. Maybe mCd will beg Belly to pick him up?

lonestar
08-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Guess one could ask much the same of all of Tanahans DAFTEES. Of his day one (rounds 1-3) picks over his career in DEN he resigned a whooping 13% of them.

Most of you get that the really good teams build their franchise with these picks.

But of Tanahans picks only SIX out of FOURTY ONE were resigned to a second contract in DEN, SEVEN if you count the Gold FUBAR. After he came back when TPA cut his ass.

So while I admit Josh had his issues I still believe that Tanahans was the king of ****ups,on DAFT day for that matter the hundreds of millions he spent on UFA has beens ranks up there also.

What say YOU?

Requiem
08-27-2012, 01:40 PM
I say you shut the **** up because nobody thinks your takes are worth ****, nor your play on Mike's name funny. **** off.

lonestar
08-27-2012, 01:42 PM

Yet if that is all you have had a chance to evaluate to your standards what is the problem?

So you would be ok with having another 150 that the hairdo did?

mwill07
08-27-2012, 01:48 PM
Guess one could ask much the same of all of Tanahans DAFTEES. Of his day one (rounds 1-3) picks over his career in DEN he resigned a whooping 13% of them.

Most of you get that the really good teams build their franchise with these picks.

But of Tanahans picks only SIX out of FOURTY ONE were resigned to a second contract in DEN, SEVEN if you count the Gold FUBAR. After he came back when TPA cut his ass.

So while I admit Josh had his issues I still believe that Tanahans was the king of ****ups,on DAFT day for that matter the hundreds of millions he spent on UFA has beens ranks up there also.

What say YOU?

please stop this. When I see the "tanahan" schtick, I'm immediately turned off and don't read the rest. It's that annoying.

bronco militia
08-27-2012, 01:52 PM
tanahan=http://cdn.lightgalleries.net/4bd5ebf66a9d1/images/USPW_1002454-01-2.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/1207/espn_ap_elway_trophy1_600.jpg

lonestar
08-27-2012, 01:56 PM

Yet if that is all you have had a chance to evaluate to your standards what is the problem?

Beantown Bronco
08-27-2012, 02:01 PM

I had a problem with him firing all the guys that had already prepared all year (and then some) for the draft and then "winged" it at the last minute with his list of 50 guys. Then blamed the reaching on said draftees, on his lack of time to prepare. That was a horrible way to go about things, just because they weren't "his guys" in the scouting dept.

Most teams have 500 guys on their lists. 50 or so is just not enough. The results speak for themselves.

lonestar
08-27-2012, 02:05 PM
please stop this. When I see the "tanahan" schtick, I'm immediately turned off and don't read the rest. It's that annoying.

To Bad your missing good facts. Your loss.

lonestar
08-27-2012, 02:15 PM
I had a problem with him firing all the guys that had already prepared all year (and then some) for the draft and then "winged" it at the last minute with his list of 50 guys. Then blamed the reaching on said draftees, on his lack of time to prepare. That was a horrible way to go about things, just because they weren't "his guys" in the scouting dept.

Most teams have 500 guys on their lists. 50 or so is just not enough. The results speak for themselves.

So you would have him pick players that the scouts eval'd under/with tanahans standards. Smallish ol guys, NO one for the DL, fast 4-3 lbs ..
Basically no one he could use.

Or do you start over and try to get guys that fit your offense and brand new DEFENSE.

Seems logical to me to do the best with what you could. Not draft for mikeys team.

From what I heard he went to the existing coaches and scouts and said this is what we are going to do. They could not revamp the reports to fit his scheme.

Frankly after working for tanahan for all Those years and looking at his record I'm surprised he did not fire them outright, day one.

Beantown Bronco
08-27-2012, 02:19 PM
So you would have him pick players that the scouts eval'd under/with tanahans standards. Smallish ol guys, NO one for the DL, fast 4-3 lbs ..

Or do you start over and try to get guys that fit your offense and brand new DEFENSE.

Seems logical to me to do the best with what you could. Not draft for mikeys team.

From what I heard he went to the existing coaches and scouts and said this is what we are going to do. They could not revamp the reports to fit his scheme.

Frankly after working for tanahan for all Those years and looking at his record I'm surprised he did not fire them outright, day one.

I have no problem with getting your own guys in there. If you do, though, and you know you won't be ready in time, don't go "all in" on a few select guys when you're admittedly not prepared. Trade back and acquire more picks for the following year if anything....you know, when you'll be better prepared.

Hulamau
08-27-2012, 02:25 PM

No, both of them were wrong and made mistakes in judgment and actions that I'm sure they both would now want to change if they could. Problem was that both were too immature at the time.

Alas, I had high hopes for McD that first season but I was wrong as well in giving him too much slack. Ther biggiest problem was giving him the full keys to the kingdom at his age, when we needed a real GM and not let him have his way with the draftboard when he was busy trying to get his feet wet as a first time HC.

That was a cluster**** and a mistake by Bowlen/Ellis .. a Mistake they have gone a long way toward reversing by recent decisions first of which was canning McD right after videogate 2 and not waiting until the end of the 2010 season.

Then the master stroke of bringing Elway back into the fold, Hiring Fox and going full tilt for Manning in the offseason and getting rid of popular but long term liability as a startiing QB in Timmy Terrific.

We are rapidly moving on the upswing now. Yes, the lousy first year draft by McD does put us in a depth hole this year and it will likely take at least one more outstanding FA offseason and draft next spring to give us the needed quality depth, in addition to continued development of E/F drafted players and FAs, to be able to make a true SB run..

But we might get lucky later this year. Frankly, with our ridiculous first half schedule this year, I would be more than happy with 50% in the first 8 games and then hitting the jets the second half of the season when everyone is really on the same page and going say 6 of 8 the rest of the way for a 10-6 record that wins the division and make a deep run in the playoffs .. with a lot of luck even possibly to the SB.

But Im not counting on a SB berth this year, just will be happy as a clam if it happens.

Tombstone RJ
08-27-2012, 02:32 PM

there should have been some compromise in there with McD. He had to know that he couldn't just blow it all up and start over. He should have listened to the current scouting staff and then see what players from their reports could fit his new system. Once the draft was over he could then retool.

The Goodmans were smart enough to be able to tell McD, "hey, this guy will fit a 3-4 scheme just fine" or whatever. When it's all said in done, you need to draft TALENT.

lonestar
08-27-2012, 02:47 PM
I have no problem with getting your own guys in there. If you do, though, and you know you won't be ready in time, don't go "all in" on a few select guys when you're admittedly not prepared. Trade back and acquire more picks for the following year if anything....you know, when you'll be better prepared.

I suspect that the info he had on the select few was good enough in his mind to go with them..

Ayers probably will make a good player once he is in the same scheme more then 15 minutes. Going on his fourth scheme in for years two of which they played him as a LB?

Moreno ? Hard to gauge injuries. Not like Mikey's WAGs did not have a score of them..

Yes probably felt he had two great ones here I also suspect the Nolan was pushing hard for ayers ..

So shouldmhenhave waited tillmnextbyear?

Realistically how many rookies make a team each year 4 maybe 6 with two or three making a difference so had he traded back for the coming year and now has 15 picks how many of them are going to stick..

Damned if you do damned if you do not..

BTW the one kid that was chagrined with rape I think he would have stuck had there not been the legal issues.

So just maybe the 3-5 guys could have made an impact and if Josh was still here maybe even more of them..

I think you are wise enough to realize that mikey left this team save for a few offensive players all of which were major head cases in pretty poor shape basically two OL guys worth a long term crap.
Zero on DL maybe one LB if you like DJ and a CB.

RBs well nothing to write home about, WR NADA unless you liked the wife beater..

As for depth absolutely no one of potential starter capabilities.

So it w a complete rebuild and I think he knew that he had 2 maybe 3 years to make progress.. That meant taking some chances on D day..

Hulamau
08-27-2012, 02:49 PM
let's talk about the 2010 draft then.

1. Demaryius Thomas over Dez Bryant. The book is far from closed here if McD made the right choice. Demaryius wins on attitude and the deep ball but Dez may be a better all around WR. When all is said and done, the Demaryius pick may have been ok but maybe not optimal.

2. Tebow. Whether he was worth a 1st rounder has been debated. What cannot be debated is that 2 years later he was traded for a 4th round pick.

3. Beadles/Walton - the center piece of our soft interior line. I don't think there are a whole lot of fans of these guys...I've mentioned it in this thread before, but drafting these guys to start w/o having a veteran presence was irresponsible and borderline negligent.

4. Decker - a great pick.

after that, there's a rapist in the 5th, a bum in the 6th, and Syd'Quan and another bum in the 7th.

so what we have here is one starter who it isn't clear if he was the right guy, one great starter, and two guys who probably shouldn't be starting. This certainly was a better draft than the abortion that was 2009, but I wouldn't go so far as to call this draft good.

Decker/Thomas/Beadles and Walton make this a better than average Broncos draft compared to most of them the previous ten years or so. And Tebow brought many 'intagibles' to the team for two years, including a lot of fun last year, though trading back into the first to get him was a bit of a reach.

Both Beadles and Walton are holding their own so far and ought to be a lot better this, their third year, with a precision QB/Field Coach like Manning running the show.

This starting Oline looks to be a real strength of the team and is hugely good news (provided Kupe also comes back fully strong and healthy too) and we get no more injury issues there this year. With Philip, Ramerez, and maybe Clark pllus possibly another FA pick uo from another team as back-ups we should be more than alright on Offense.

We need minimum of 5 real players from each of this years, and the next two, drafts as well as several big hits in FA next spring to finish building this team from top to bottom to carry on at a high level even after Peyton rides off into the sunset .. hopefully with two more SB trophies on display at Dove Valley.

lonestar
08-27-2012, 03:00 PM
there should have been some compromise in there with McD. He had to know that he couldn't just blow it all up and start over. He should have listened to the current scouting staff and then see what players from their reports could fit his new system. Once the draft was over he could then retool.

The Goodmans were smart enough to be able to tell McD, "hey, this guy will fit a 3-4 scheme just fine" or whatever. When it's all said in done, you need to draft TALENT.

As for coaching he did listen at least to the OL guy who said sure thisOL was #2 in offense last year they can change to a power blocking schem no problem.. OR Josh would have addressed this with more than bringing in Hockstein. He knew from looking at film that hamilton was not going to cut it..
As for the other coaches I suspect they gave him the same sure we can do it also..

As for the goodmans they were looking for power within the FO. Imsusepct that Josh figured this out pretty fast and would YOU believe what they had to say IF that was going on?

Just saying that even though most here think he walked into a plumm job with the great O and all almost no one wants to realize we could not score in the red zone for damned near a decade..
WHY because our Beloved ZBS sucks in power situations. Has since TD ZIM STINK and co left.. Had a couple of years where Mike and Mike managed some inside the 5 TDs but moron then got rid of them.. To be left with lite in the ass RBs and a n OL that could not move the pile..

Our QB had loads of FUBARs in the redzone also. Mickey was fired for cause he allowed a proud franchise to be sucked into mediocre players with poor personnel decisions. Almost from day one.. Had great success with his first UGA but then thought he could do it all the time and when his DAFTEES could not hack it he pressed on making UFA choices..

/RANT

lonestar
08-27-2012, 03:03 PM
Decker/Thomas/Beadles and Walton make this a better than average Broncos draft compared to most of them the previous ten years or so. And Tebow brought many 'intagibles' to the team for two years, including a lot of fun last year, though trading back into the first to get him was a bit of a reach.

Both Beadles and Walton are holding their own so far and ought to be a lot better this, their third year, with a precision QB/Field Coach like Manning running the show.

This starting Oline looks to be a real strength of the team and is hugely good news (provided Kupe also comes back fully strong and healthy too) and we get no more injury issues there this year. With Philip, Ramerez, and maybe Clark pllus possibly another FA pick uo from another team as back-ups we should be more than alright on Offense.

We need minimum of 5 real players from each of this years, and the next two, drafts as well as several big hits in FA next spring to finish building this team from top to bottom to carry on at a high level even after Peyton rides off into the sunset .. hopefully with two more SB trophies on display at Dove Valley.

Not sure we need quite as many players as you said as starters but we do need that many as depth pushing starters for playing time..

Because our depth sucks donkey balls

Bacchus
08-27-2012, 03:04 PM

50 guys is fine, but why would Aplhonso Smith and Richard Quinn be on that list??

lonestar
08-27-2012, 03:06 PM
No, both of them were wrong and made mistakes in judgment and actions that I'm sure they both would now want to change if they could. Problem was that both were too immature at the time.

Alas, I had high hopes for McD that first season but I was wrong as well in giving him too much slack. Ther biggiest problem was giving him the full keys to the kingdom at his age, when we needed a real GM and not let him have his way with the draftboard when he was busy trying to get his feet wet as a first time HC.

That was a cluster**** and a mistake by Bowlen/Ellis .. a Mistake they have gone a long way toward reversing by recent decisions first of which was canning McD right after videogate 2 and not waiting until the end of the 2010 season.

Then the master stroke of bringing Elway back into the fold, Hiring Fox and going full tilt for Manning in the offseason and getting rid of popular but long term liability as a startiing QB in Timmy Terrific.

We are rapidly moving on the upswing now. Yes, the lousy first year draft by McD does put us in a depth hole this year and it will likely take at least one more outstanding FA offseason and draft next spring to give us the needed quality depth, in addition to continued development of E/F drafted players and FAs, to be able to make a true SB run..

But we might get lucky later this year. Frankly, with our ridiculous first half schedule this year, I would be more than happy with 50% in the first 8 games and then hitting the jets the second half of the season when everyone is really on the same page and going say 6 of 8 the rest of the way for a 10-6 record that wins the division and make a deep run in the playoffs .. with a lot of luck even possibly to the SB.

But Im not counting on a SB berth this year, just will be happy as a clam if it happens.

Not sure that cutlet would have changed his mind about it but suspect that Pat and Josh would have tried harder.
IMO cutlet is a POS crybaby a Jeff George in the making loads of talent that is going to do it his way even if it causes folks around him to be fired..

Tombstone RJ
08-27-2012, 03:07 PM
As for coaching he did listen at least to the OL guy who said sure thisOL was #2 in offense last year they can change to a power blocking schem no problem.. OR Josh would have addressed this with more than bringing in Hockstein. He knew from looking at film that hamilton was not going to cut it..
As for the other coaches I suspect they gave him the same sure we can do it also..

As for the goodmans they were looking for power within the FO. Imsusepct that Josh figured this out pretty fast and would YOU believe what they had to say IF that was going on?

Just saying that even though most here think he walked into a plumm job with the great O and all almost no one wants to realize we could not score in the red zone for damned near a decade..
WHY because our Beloved ZBS sucks in power situations. Has since TD ZIM STINK and co left.. Had a couple of years where Mike and Mike managed some inside the 5 TDs but moron then got rid of them.. To be left with lite in the ass RBs and a n OL that could not move the pile..

Our QB had loads of FUBARs in the redzone also. Mickey was fired for cause he allowed a proud franchise to be sucked into mediocre players with poor personnel decisions. Almost from day one.. Had great success with his first UGA but then thought he could do it all the time and when his DAFTEES could not hack it he pressed on making UFA choices..

/RANT

I'm not disagreeing with you on the talent that Shanny left behind. Yes, Cutler and Marshall were/are talented, but were/are major prima donnas. There was no cohesiveness to the team, it was very clickish (spelling cliquish?). It was not really a team and the defense was absolutely devoid of talent. The defense was like a second class citizen under Shanny.

All that being said, the Broncos did have some FO assets that Josh should have used to rebuild the team, namely, the scouting department. Who cares if the Goodman's wanted more power? McD was the man in charge, he had final say on everything. If I was McD I would have let the Goodmans go to town on the draft but I would have told them "we need guys who fit MY system, find them and we will draft them and IF we have a great draft, we will talk about the future!"

but whatever, it was all a friggen train wreck from the beginning and that is all on Bowlen.

ColoradoDarin
08-27-2012, 03:14 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/1207/espn_ap_elway_trophy1_600.jpg

Always takes me a sec to not think of it as tan-eye-black.

lonestar
08-27-2012, 03:16 PM
I'm not disagreeing with you on the talent that Shanny left behind. Yes, Cutler and Marshall were/are talented, but were/are major prima donnas. There was no cohesiveness to the team, it was very clickish (spelling cliquish?). It was not really a team and the defense was absolutely devoid of talent. The defense was like a second class citizen under Shanny.

All that being said, the Broncos did have some FO assets that Josh should have used to rebuild the team, namely, the scouting department. Who cares if the Goodman's wanted more power? McD was the man in charge, he had final say on everything. If I was McD I would have let the Goodmans go to town on the draft but I would have told them "we need guys who fit MY system, find them and we will draft them and IF we have a great draft, we will talk about the future!"

but whatever, it was all a friggen train wreck from the beginning and that is all on Bowlen.
After midnight here so this is my last post.

ellis screwed the pooch by not hiring a GM to run the show or brough back John then..

Do you really think that Josh did not tell the Goodmans these are the type of players I want?
If so you are DAFT you know he did.

I suspect that the power struggle going on with co-GMs was what caused the FUBAR called the draft..

Goodman wanted al the power and would remake the team in his image ( another cutlet, and other primamadonnas) Josh wanted his type of players. When he did not get the info he felt he needed he fired the group and did the best he could..
If you would have been him I suspect you would have done the same thing..

I know I would have. he felt he was given a mandate to turn the team into NE west wheterht y'all want to like that or not that was what he was given.. he sold Pat and Joe his idea. Or we would have gotten Spagno.

I do not understand who does not get that..

Tombstone RJ
08-27-2012, 03:21 PM
After midnight here so this is my last post.

ellis screwed the pooch by not hiring a GM to run the show or brough back John then..

Do you really think that Josh did not tell the Goodmans these are the type of players I want?
If so you are DAFT you know he did.

I suspect that the power struggle going on with co-GMs was what caused the FUBAR called the draft..

Goodman wanted al the power and would remake the team in his image ( another cutlet, and other primamadonnas) Josh wanted his type of players. When he did not get the info he felt he needed he fired the group and did the best he could..
If you would have been him I suspect you would have done the same thing..

I know I would have. he felt he was given a mandate to turn the team into NE west wheterht y'all want to like that or not that was what he was given.. he sold Pat and Joe his idea. Or we would have gotten Spagno.

I do not understand who does not get that..

Ok, but unless you have proof, it really doesn't matter. I'd love to see a link that proves your opinion that the Goodmans wanted to make the team in their image. Unless you can provide a link, some kind of tangible proof, I have no reason to give your position any credence at all.

Hulamau
08-28-2012, 03:46 AM

Not sure that cutlet would have changed his mind about it but suspect that Pat and Josh would have tried harder.
IMO cutlet is a POS crybaby a Jeff George in the making loads of talent that is going to do it his way even if it causes folks around him to be fired..

Agree largely on Cutler's character, though maybe the school of hard knocks and new fatherhood will round him out a bit going forward? time will tell ..

lonestar
08-28-2012, 04:23 AM
Ok, but unless you have proof, it really doesn't matter. I'd love to see a link that proves your opinion that the Goodmans wanted to make the team in their image. Unless you can provide a link, some kind of tangible proof, I have no reason to give your position any credence at all.

Hey I read on one of the credible sites. The power struggle between the two was well known not sure why you never heard it..

As for making it in his image conjecture but most GM's with power build the team the way they want it and make the Coaching staff deal with the players they draft..

I was rally hoping when Imheard that tanahan was fired that Pat would finally go out and get a competent experienced GM and allow him to hire the coaching staff and players..

But alas they did it assbackwards.

Had then the GM hired Josh there would have been zero doubt who was in charge. And Isusepct he would still be here with players taken by said GM..

Then lots of folks would still be furious that a NE coach or player could grace our doors..

I do not understand that logic..

NE took our spot as the premier franchise after John retired and Mikey was unable to win important games other than those against OAK.
His playoff record AJ after John sucked one win and that was against NE so many thought that was the bomb. But then once again we got our asses kicked big time. Had not sniffed a playoff game till he Was fired.

Then we got a guy from the premier franchise someone that PAT wanted to get back to and folks here were pissed it is like stabbing yourself in the eye.

When you hire management or coaches you hire the best make sure they have everything they need and then get of their way.. Allow them to do the job you hired them to do..

Pat did that minus the middle step.. GM. Then hobbled him with a power struggle in the job in most cases he would report to.

Do not know if it was Joe or Pat or both but it was a FUBAR.

now John is in charge and so far it is looking good.

lonestar
08-28-2012, 04:31 AM
Agree largely on Cutler's character, though maybe the school of hard knocks and new fatherhood will round him out a bit going forward? time will tell ..

Would you bet your franchise and job on it?

Not sure how many coaches cutlet has gotten fired so far not quite close to Jef George's record but getting there..

PaintballCLE
08-28-2012, 05:44 AM

again though........ why would you need 500 when there are only 250 picks. Seems like people making a big deal out of nothing. (not you, people in general)

Beantown Bronco
08-28-2012, 05:57 AM
again though........ why would you need 500 when there are only 250 picks. Seems like people making a big deal out of nothing. (not you, people in general)

Depending on who other people pick, you actually will probably need more than 250. Why? Because if there's a run on a certain position that you have a big need at and need to fill via the draft....say DT....and all of the DTs on your list of 250 players are picked before you can get to them, you need to have a contingency plan in place.

I'm willing to bet that not a single team in the league simply lists 250 guys in order and take the highest ones available at their selection each round. The position they play and whether they fill a need almost always comes into play, at least in part.

ColoradoDarin
08-28-2012, 06:32 AM
Depending on who other people pick, you actually will probably need more than 250. Why? Because if there's a run on a certain position that you have a big need at and need to fill via the draft....say DT....and all of the DTs on your list of 250 players are picked before you can get to them, you need to have a contingency plan in place.

I'm willing to bet that not a single team in the league simply lists 250 guys in order and take the highest ones available at their selection each round. The position they play and whether they fill a need almost always comes into play, at least in part.

Also you need to plan for UDFA, that list would help figuring out who you want to go after once the 7 rounds are done.

BroncoBuff
08-28-2012, 06:52 AM
Don't get me wrong, trashing McD is great fun. But even Tanahan super-heroes can blow picks.

Accordingly, the first in my ongoing series comparing the #57 and 58 draft picks this year ... it hurts less if you look it straight in the eye:

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/5036/lavonteosweiler.png

TIP: Try not to think of D.J. Williams when reading this.

TonyR
08-28-2012, 07:13 AM
Don't get me wrong, trashing McD is great fun...

Agree. McD sucked and deserves most of the trashing he gets here. But at this point I'm more concerned with our last two drafts. You have to have doubts about Rahim Moore and Nate Irving at 2 and 3 last year. And it's very possible that most (or all) of Osweiler (2), Hillman (3), Bolden (3), and Blake (4) don't work out from this year's draft. I'm not writing any of these guys off. But I certainly have some worries...

2KBack
08-28-2012, 07:19 AM
Don't get me wrong, trashing McD is great fun. But even Tanahan super-heroes can blow picks.

Accordingly, the first in my ongoing series comparing the #57 and 58 draft picks this year ... it hurts less if you look it straight in the eye:

You are starting your ongoing series of comparisons August 27th, with information from April?

lonestar
08-28-2012, 02:21 PM
Please folks lets not go over Tanahans DAFT choices..

The one that is probably the worst of his career #2 in the fifties was a one handed WR.

All of them have made boners. And if Hoyt go back and look at who we passed in the past it makes you head hurt..

BEating up John at this point is petty at best.

Requiem
08-28-2012, 03:33 PM

And your constant ragging on Mike Shanahan is extremely petty, but you are a petty son of a betch, so par for the course.

Blueflame
08-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Please folks lets not go over Tanahans DAFT choices..

The one that is probably the worst of his career #2 in the fifties was a one handed WR.

All of them have made boners. And if Hoyt go back and look at who we passed in the past it makes you head hurt..

Shanahan's worst draft picks were Paul Toviessi and Maurice Clarett, IMHO.

Shanahan, however... would never have traded a future 1st rounder to move up in the 2nd round. He usually came out ahead on draft-day trades.

CEH
08-28-2012, 04:16 PM

So compare Woodyard to David. Brock won't play this year but Wesly will
I bet both players end up with comparable stats only we will also have a QB who is learning from two of the greatest evah

bowtown
08-28-2012, 04:32 PM
Levoooooonteeeeeeeee

lonestar
08-29-2012, 01:28 PM
Shanahan's worst draft picks were Paul Toviessi and Maurice Clarett, IMHO.

Shanahan, however... would never have traded a future 1st rounder to move up in the 2nd round. He usually came out ahead on draft-day trades.

Mickey has fubared loads of drafts Nash, Middlebroke, Oneal, foster, watts, Moss the two you picked although I heard that our RB coach Bobbie at the time really pushed for clarett. since he was a guru I could almost give him a pass on that one.. Not like we wasted a top pick on him..

I really enjoyed draft day when Josh came to town mainly because you did not dare leave the TV not knowing what he was going to do..

I still remember many of Mikey's picks being announced with folks instantnly rummaging through their books or stats info on camera and being able to hear all those bronco fans say WTF is that..

Never had a clue on how he would DAFT at all.. But I was able to walk away knowing that after #1 was picked we would not move around. And could take a break..

Not so with Josh.. May have screwed up some picks but it was fun to watch..

BroncoInferno
08-29-2012, 02:21 PM
. And it's very possible that most (or all) of Osweiler (2), Hillman (3), Bolden (3), and Blake (4) don't work out from this year's draft. I'm not writing any of these guys off. But I certainly have some worries...

LOL You could literally say the same thing about any teams 2012 draft at this point...