PDA

View Full Version : Betting on Week 1

DENVERDUI55
08-25-2012, 09:56 AM
Who do you guys like? I didn't see a lot I liked but a couple look good to me.

Atlanta -1 @ KC lock of the week

Denver at home pk

Indy getting 9.5 vs Bears

Eagles laying 8 @ Cleveland

oubronco
08-25-2012, 10:37 AM
Atlanta, Denver, Bears, and Eagles

DENVERDUI55
08-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Was in Vegas this weekend and bet Atlanta -1, NE under 12 wins. Denver O/U was 8.5 but at -180 so I didn't bet that.

cutthemdown
08-29-2012, 07:37 PM
Cleveland looks really bad. That is the one that jumps off to me. In fact IMO it is so much better then the others it would be wiser to bet what you do on the Eagles to cover that.

Quoydogs
08-29-2012, 07:43 PM

Denver at home pk

Does this mean Atlanta gets one point. So if the score was 13-14 kc, you would lose because it would be a tie in there books ?

Indy getting 9.5 two questions

Does this mean the bears would have to beat them by 10 points to win ?
and how do you score half a point.

Sorry if these sound like stupid questions but I have never have bet on sports and would like to know.

Quoydogs
08-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Was in Vegas this weekend and bet Atlanta -1, NE under 12 wins. Denver O/U was 8.5 but at -180 so I didn't bet that.

Does this mean that Denver would have to either win or lose by more then 8.5 point to win ?

What is at -180

DENVERDUI55
08-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Does this mean Atlanta gets one point. So if the score was 13-14 kc, you would lose because it would be a tie in there books ?

Indy getting 9.5 two questions

Does this mean the bears would have to beat them by 10 points to win ?
and how do you score half a point.

Sorry if these sound like stupid questions but I have never have bet on sports and would like to know.

Atlanta is a one pt favorite. They have to win by 2 pts or more. Since they are -1 if they win by one that is a push. You see .5 pts a lot and they do that so that there is a winning/losing bet and no pushes.

Yes Bears have to win by 10.

To answer you other question that was win total for the year for Denver. Line was 8.5 wins so if Denver goes 9-7 or better you win. The problem is they adjusted the payout. -180 means you have to wager 1.80 for every dollar you would win or it takes 180 dollars risked to win 100.

rbackfactory80
08-29-2012, 09:09 PM
Atlanta has been the most overrated team in the nfl for the last 5 years...actually longer(VICK).

KC will play them tough opening at home. I wouldn't touch that game.

cousinal11
08-29-2012, 09:15 PM
I would bet the under on Dolphins win total. Their schedule is weak but for them to win 8 games?

Take the dolphins - under 7.5 wins

gyldenlove
08-29-2012, 09:59 PM
Atlanta has been the most overrated team in the nfl for the last 5 years...actually longer(VICK).

KC will play them tough opening at home. I wouldn't touch that game.

I don't like KC at all this year, last year was the same story they got mauled in preseason games and went on to lose the first 2 games of the season by a score of 10-89 combined.

They will lose game early on because the defense is just not there yet, once they start getting more comfortable they will win some, but I think the first 2 weeks its pretty safe to bet against KC.

gyldenlove
08-29-2012, 10:05 PM
I like:

@ Detroit -9 over St Louis, the Rams are in shambles and Detroit is healthy - look for Stafford and Megatron to cover this one easily.

@ Green Bay -5.5 over San Fransisco, the 49ers offense is just not good enough to keep up in Green Bay

Philly -8 over Cleveland, the Browns are not good in any way and the Eagles are.

DomCasual
08-29-2012, 11:30 PM

Denver at home pk

I'll take KC, Denver, Indianapolis, and the Eagles.

DENVERDUI55
09-11-2012, 11:39 AM
I cashed in on the Atlanta bet was probably the easiest bet I will make all year. Went 1-2 on my other bets but the 500 I put on Atlanta makes up for it. Week 2 will be a lot tougher already looking at the lines. Nothing jumps out to me other than Monday night over at 51. Here are what I'm looking at early on.

DEN/ATL over 51

Buffalo to rebound at home against Queefs. Buffalo -3

New England in a blowout. NE -13.5 I hate taking double digit lines in NFL too

Bears/Packers over 51

gyldenlove
09-11-2012, 12:04 PM
I like:

@ Detroit -9 over St Louis, the Rams are in shambles and Detroit is healthy - look for Stafford and Megatron to cover this one easily.

@ Green Bay -5.5 over San Fransisco, the 49ers offense is just not good enough to keep up in Green Bay

Philly -8 over Cleveland, the Browns are not good in any way and the Eagles are.

Well that was 0 for 3, what a ****-sandwich.

gyldenlove
09-11-2012, 12:05 PM
I don't like KC at all this year, last year was the same story they got mauled in preseason games and went on to lose the first 2 games of the season by a score of 10-89 combined.

They will lose game early on because the defense is just not there yet, once they start getting more comfortable they will win some, but I think the first 2 weeks its pretty safe to bet against KC.

At least I was right on this one.

rbackfactory80
09-11-2012, 01:14 PM
I stand corrected.

Marshall Dumervil
09-24-2012, 07:14 PM
What you guys think week 4? I'm going to be in Vegas, I've never bet much football. I did a couple last year and had fun. Are parleys a bad idea? I did a 5 team last year, bet $10 and would have won 400 some had GB not choked. What's the best method?