PDA

View Full Version : Pick your Bronco: Brock Osweiler or Russell Wilson?

SouthStndJunkie
08-24-2012, 07:47 PM
Right now....you get to pick Brock Osweiler or Russell Wilson to be a Denver Bronco.

Who you got?

SouthStndJunkie
08-24-2012, 07:49 PM
I figured this might be an interesting topic/debate.

Tombstone RJ
08-24-2012, 07:49 PM
I'd go with Wilson but that's because he's just way more ready. In three years, I might be on the Osweiler bandwagon should he pan out. The only real downside to Wilson is his height.

broncosteven
08-24-2012, 07:50 PM
P

Osweiler

He is taller and has a nice arm. Disciplined D's can keep Wilson in the pocket where he can't see or use his legs.

Tom G
08-24-2012, 08:09 PM
21 vs 24. 6-7 vs 5-10 1/2. Easy call.

SouthStndJunkie
08-24-2012, 08:10 PM
Brock Osweiler is out to an early 5-1 lead.

~Crash~
08-24-2012, 08:10 PM
Osweiler because his legs are also really good for a man of his stature . yes I do like wilson and wanted us to draft him .Osweiler is not meant to be the same QB in two years.

broncosteven
08-24-2012, 08:11 PM
I preface my choice based on the fact that I haven't seen the KFC meltdown yet. I was going off what I saw vs us.

SouthStndJunkie
08-24-2012, 08:13 PM
21 vs 24. 6-7 vs 5-10 1/2. Easy call.

See....I found this to be an interesting poll question because of the height of each QB.

Honestly, Osweiler's height concerns me almost as much as Wilson's height would concern me.

At least Osweiler is very athletic for his size and not a cement footed target back there in the pocket.

gyldenlove
08-24-2012, 08:14 PM
Osweiler seems to have more upside in terms of being a classic pocket passer with his arm strength and size, Wilson looks more ready right now and you can tell he has much more playing experience as a starting QB in the decisions he makes and how quickly he makes them.

theAPAOps5
08-24-2012, 08:19 PM
The hype around Willson is getting crazy! Not just here, but everywhere

The dude looks good against vanilla defenses with no disguised fronts, shifts, stunts, etc. His running stats are going to be better. We should look back at this poll after game 4 if he starts. Will be interesting to see if he has kept it up. I picked Brock, because I like giant giraffes!

TheReverend
08-24-2012, 08:25 PM
Love Russell and REALLY hope he continues to succeed and change traditional thinking, but Twilight has the full skill set.

Mogulseeker
08-24-2012, 08:28 PM
Ozzy because of the upside.

Now, if they had to start right away, that would be a different story.

yerner
08-24-2012, 08:38 PM
osweiler wasn't even good in college.

bronco militia
08-24-2012, 08:40 PM
Wilson or a LB......I'm still pissed about the Ozzy pick

theAPAOps5
08-24-2012, 08:40 PM
Love Russell and REALLY hope he continues to succeed and change traditional thinking, but Twilight has the full skill set.

I think traditional thinking is shifting as more of these type are getting drafted with the idea of being starters and not gimmck change of pace. The change that has to happen now is to not try and cram them I to the "traditional" NFL QB mold.

BroncoDoom
08-24-2012, 08:42 PM
HOSSWEILER/ROMNEY 4 PREZ

TheReverend
08-24-2012, 08:45 PM
I think traditional thinking is shifting as more of these type are getting drafted with the idea of being starters and not gimmck change of pace. The change that has to happen now is to not try and cram them I to the "traditional" NFL QB mold.

Talking about his Doug Flutie height, not the athleticism mold

TheReverend
08-24-2012, 08:47 PM
Adding Foles to this poll would've been interesting...

Kaylore
08-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Osweiler because he's 21 and can sit for a few years. Wilson should be getting a look right away.

Bigdawg26
08-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Foles is a pretty good pick too. I really like Brock's upside and arm strength, but Russell Wilson kinda reminds me of Doug Flutie because of his height and craftiness. So, I can't make that judgement until 3 years from now, but if I were to pick a QB to play now it would be Wilson.

SouthStndJunkie
08-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Wilson or a LB......I'm still pissed about the Ozzy pick

The question isn't about who we should have chosen with that 2nd round pick...but what QB you would rather have on our roster.

scorpio
08-24-2012, 08:58 PM
Ozzy because you can't coach 6'7 with a laser rocket arm.

Wilson looks good but is Pete Carroll smart enough to build a team around him like Brees?

Lycan
08-24-2012, 09:08 PM
My top 2 outside of RGIII and Luck were Foles and Wilson going into the draft.

I didn't want Osweiler at all, but he has looked pretty good thus far and if I had to pick between these two it would be a super tough choice. I'll take Brock just because of stuff you can't teach. Age, height, rocket arm etc.

If we didn't have Manning then Wilson is the pick no doubt. He looks ready now.

I still might go Foles ahead of either of them though.

This looks to be one hell of a QB class.

bronco militia
08-24-2012, 09:17 PM
The question isn't about who we should have chosen with that 2nd round pick...but what QB you would rather have on our roster.

ZZZ...

canadianbroncosfan
08-24-2012, 09:26 PM
Osweiler because he's 21 and can sit for a few years. Wilson should be getting a look right away.

^

t-diddy
08-24-2012, 09:36 PM
John Elway votes for Brock. Therefore, i vote for Brock.

Mogulseeker
08-24-2012, 09:41 PM
Brock is also perfectly fine with sitting a couple of years, which is a big plus.

SportinOne
08-24-2012, 09:43 PM
Brock is also perfectly fine with sitting a couple of years, which is a big plus.

Wilson would be too. He's not an ego guy. He's just so good that he's playing himself off the bench.

theAPAOps5
08-24-2012, 10:55 PM
Talking about his Doug Flutie height, not the athleticism mold

Ooops my bad

maher_tyler
08-24-2012, 11:12 PM
Adding Foles to this poll would've been interesting...

I wanted us to draft Foles...

CEH
08-25-2012, 05:53 AM
So far I like what Elway has said about QBs:
Would not have traded Jay
Called Luck a once a generational player (in 2011)
Scouting Weeden if Denver didn't land Manning
Not buying into the Tebow hype as a QB

I'll stick with Brock

RhymesayersDU
08-25-2012, 06:28 AM
Denver Brockos baby!

BowlenBall
08-25-2012, 06:41 AM

2011: In his first season as the starter, Osweiler re-wrote the Arizona State record book for passing...became the first quarterback in the history of Sun Devil football to throw for over 4,000 yards, finishing the season with 4,036...set new school records for completions (326) and attempts (516) and threw for 26 touchdowns, the fourth most in school history...completed 63.2% of his passing, setting a new school record for completion percentage...threw for a career high 487 yards against Arizona, tying a school record with his 63 pass attempts...had six 300-yard passing games on the season, including four over 350 yards...three times threw for three touchdowns (Missouri, at Utah and Cal)...was the tallest quarterback in the nation.

http://www.thesundevils.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/osweiler_brock00.html

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQudH98RiWndF7tkQFB_7f32BwaHE_oG McBGywvTJZ9Hkv1g6l9&t=1

Rohirrim
08-25-2012, 07:06 AM
I'll go with the Broz.

TonyR
08-25-2012, 08:13 AM
Right now it's looking like the Eagles scored with Foles. And for that matter Brandon Boykin looks like a better pick than Omar Bolden. But I suppose far too early to make such calls...

TheReverend
08-25-2012, 08:17 AM
Right now it's looking like the Eagles scored with Foles. And for that matter Brandon Boykin looks like a better pick than Omar Bolden. But I suppose far too early to make such calls...

Bolden has a higher ceiling, but both are very capable players in a pinch.

Dedhed
08-25-2012, 08:19 AM

Brady was awesome in college.

DENVERDUI55
08-25-2012, 08:19 AM
Let's let some real bullets fly before we crown Wilson. Go look at Ryan leafs rookie preseason stats and you would of thought Colts picked wrong qb.

gunns
08-25-2012, 08:32 AM
I wanted Wilson before the draft but many around here kept letting me know he was too short, they exaggerated his 5'11 height, he had a great OL. I did kind of question it then, but his passing efficiency wasn't something that could be ignored. I really wanted him.

Didn't know much at all about Osweiler before the draft except his height. I had some hesitation there as all I could think of was Dan McGwire who was 6'8, picked in the first round and didn't do anything. It's really too early to tell with either one, but I'd go with Wilson because I want to have been right. :) We have Osweiler so I'm hoping he does great things.

theAPAOps5
08-25-2012, 08:36 AM
I am actually a bit surprised that this poll isn't even close.

Bronco Rob
08-25-2012, 09:14 AM
Kirk Cousins, Russel Wilson, and Nick Foles all have looked good so far.

Why didn't we draft Turbin?

???

OBF1
08-25-2012, 09:33 AM
Poll is useless TODAY or for the next few seasons IF everything works according to plan. Neither will do more than take over for Xanders ordering and delivering the pizza's and scratching Peyton's balls when they itched.

Now if you are taking Peyton out of the conversation... Wilson is far better suited to start the season this year than Brock is, Long term could end up being Oz.

lonestar
08-25-2012, 09:36 AM
P

Osweiler

He is taller and has a nice arm. Disciplined D's can keep Wilson in the pocket where he can't see or use his legs.
:thumbs:
Did we not learn this lesson already with Jake?

ozomulsion
08-25-2012, 10:38 AM
P

Osweiler

Wilson is a very good pocket passer. He was behind a huge offensive line at Wisconson and did just fine from the pocket. Bad argument.

Gort
08-25-2012, 10:44 AM
John Elway votes for Brock. Therefore, i vote for Brock.

Jack Elway would vote for Brock twice, if he could. But his Dad won't let him use the family computer, so Jack can't vote. That makes Jack sad.

http://marillawex.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/sad+face.jpg

Greatspirits
08-25-2012, 11:03 AM
I'm sticking with Ossy, I know everyone is jizzing over Wilson right now and he has looked good, but I think over the long term Brocks future with us looks pretty good!

peacepipe
08-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Wilson is a very good pocket passer. He was behind a huge offensive line at Wisconson and did just fine from the pocket. Bad argument.NFL Olines are going to be smaller?

Agamemnon
08-25-2012, 12:57 PM
Maybe things will change, but right now Wilson is clearly the better QB. So I've got to vote Wilson. Too bad my vote does nothing to change that Wilson is not on our team.

Agamemnon
08-25-2012, 01:02 PM
Wilson is a very good pocket passer. He was behind a huge offensive line at Wisconson and did just fine from the pocket. Bad argument.

Indeed. In the preseason he's already shone an exceptional ability to find throwing lanes despite his lack of height. It's not like the lineman on the field when he was playing at Wisconsin weren't all pretty much NFL size as well. He wasn't drafted because players his height have never really succeeded at the NFL level (other than Flutie). But people seem to confuse the lack of something happening in the past for the impossibility of that thing ever happening, which is highly flawed thinking.

The Big E
08-25-2012, 01:38 PM
So we're already crowning Wilson's ass? I like him and hope he wins the startin job, but my god let things play out a little.

Comparing Brock to Foles, the U of A kitty, seems like a better discussion. Foles played a lot more in college than Osweiler and is more ready right now, but I think they will both be good pros. I was surprised Foles didn't go higher than he did.

The Big E
08-25-2012, 01:39 PM
Jack Elway would vote for Brock twice, if he could. But his Dad won't let him use the family computer, so Jack can't vote. That makes Jack sad.

http://marillawex.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/sad+face.jpg

LOL. You have issues.

UberBroncoMan
08-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Russell if we needed a QB to start right now.

Brock if we're waiting 4-5 years for him to be our starter.

We're doing the second, so I guess it's Brock.

ol#7
08-25-2012, 02:29 PM
Russell if we needed a QB to start right now.

Brock if we're waiting 4-5 years for him to be our starter.

We're doing the second, so I guess it's Brock.

2nd round pick to wait 4-5 years for a return?

This looks like an amazing QB class, and I am not sure we nailed one of them.

I still scratch my head over this pick.

Hulamau
08-25-2012, 05:40 PM
My top 2 outside of RGIII and Luck were Foles and Wilson going into the draft.

I didn't want Osweiler at all, but he has looked pretty good thus far and if I had to pick between these two it would be a super tough choice. I'll take Brock just because of stuff you can't teach. Age, height, rocket arm etc.

If we didn't have Manning then Wilson is the pick no doubt. He looks ready now.

I still might go Foles ahead of either of them though.

This looks to be one hell of a QB class.

That seems to be the case ... this could turn out to be one of those once in 30 years Uber-Super QB classes assuming both Tannehill and Weeden amount to something? Wilson has the 'it' thing and Brock is going to be a really good one too, thankfully he shouldn't be needed this year.

Foles is looking like a winner in the making as well.

uplink
08-25-2012, 05:57 PM
I say Wilson. He looks like a bonified NFL starter. Get him for a 3rd rounder and then trade him in 2 years from now for a 1st rounder. Best to pick Paytons successor in two years or more from now, so he doesn't have to wait 4-6 years to play.

SouthStndJunkie
08-25-2012, 06:21 PM
So we're already crowning Wilson's ass? I like him and hope he wins the startin job, but my god let things play out a little.

Comparing Brock to Foles, the U of A kitty, seems like a better discussion. Foles played a lot more in college than Osweiler and is more ready right now, but I think they will both be good pros. I was surprised Foles didn't go higher than he did.

What gives you that idea?

Osweiler is the one leading the poll right now by a wide 46-20 margin.

Turd_Ferguson
08-25-2012, 08:25 PM
I just like Osweiler's physical traits more than Wilson's. I do like Wilson and hope he does well in the NFL, but I think his mobility has made him look better than he actually is at this point. This is after all preseason where teams are more worried about evaluating players than game planning against the opponents rookie QB. Wilson is a very smart guy with lots of athleticism, and could quite possibly go on to have a better career than Osweiler but right now I would take Osweiler based on his size and potential.

BroncoBuff
08-26-2012, 01:23 AM
As a senior, Osweiler re-wrote the Arizona State record book ...completed 63% of his passes ... 26 TDs, 13 Ints

As a senior, Russell Wilson completed 73% of his passes, 33 TDs 4 Ints

Agamemnon
08-26-2012, 03:39 AM

Hilarious!

Owned...

theAPAOps5
08-26-2012, 06:18 AM

Boom, roasted!

CEH
08-26-2012, 07:16 AM
Ryan Leaf looked good in the preseason of 1998 and even started 2-0 for SD

Just sayin

Garcia Bronco
08-26-2012, 07:57 AM
Even when they rush 5 or 6, Wilson just handles it. He's not a statue back there. I'd take him despite his height.

Baba Booey
08-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Three preseason games from Wilson and two from Osweiler are not enough to question our pick.

Wilson is also two full years older than Brock, remember.

The Big E
08-26-2012, 02:51 PM

If you cared to pay attention, he was responding to the dildo who said Osweiler sucked in college. He wasn't trying to compare Osweiler's stats to Wilson's.

The Big E
08-26-2012, 02:56 PM
What gives you that idea?

Osweiler is the one leading the poll right now by a wide 46-20 margin.

SSJ, i wasn't baggin' on your poll, i was just commenting on the way everyone is suddenly acting like Wilson is some sort of NFL-ready lock to start and do well. Even those who support Brock have those sentiments. He may very well be all that, but it seems premature to jump to that conclusion. I like him a lot and I hope he does make it.

SouthStndJunkie
08-26-2012, 03:08 PM
SSJ, i wasn't baggin' on your poll, i was just commenting on the way everyone is suddenly acting like Wilson is some sort of NFL-ready lock to start and do well. Even those who support Brock have those sentiments. He may very well be all that, but it seems premature to jump to that conclusion. I like him a lot and I hope he does make it.

No worries....I'm actually surprised the poll is turning out the way it has....I figured it would a very close vote.

SouthStndJunkie
08-26-2012, 03:10 PM
It's actually a tough question for me to answer, as I like the potential of both QBs.

If I had to pick one, I'd go with Russell Wilson, but I still like Brock Osweiler.

OBF1
08-26-2012, 03:12 PM
I guess the people sniffing Brock's ass are not watching the game. Very painful. Right now today, Wilson hands down and twice on Sunday.

The Big E
08-26-2012, 03:23 PM
I guess the people sniffing Brock's ass are not watching the game. Very painful. Right now today, Wilson hands down and twice on Sunday.

That's quite a sample size you've got there.

RhymesayersDU
08-26-2012, 03:26 PM
That's quite a sample size you've got there.

It's enough to form a knee jerk reaction, that's for sure.

errand
08-26-2012, 03:49 PM
the orangemane....where players on our team are constantly criticized and lambasted and players on other teams are applauded.

SouthStndJunkie
08-26-2012, 07:17 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/26/seahawks-name-russell-wilson-starting-quarterback/

Seahawks name Russell Wilson their starting quarterback

Mogulseeker
01-27-2013, 04:28 PM
Bump.

lolcopter
01-27-2013, 05:15 PM
great contribution/find

R8R H8R
01-27-2013, 05:20 PM
I still like Brock for the purpose that we have him. Obviously, Wilson would have been wasted in sitting behind PM. Also, he would require a completely different offense to implement for him.

I think Wilson would have been a much better pick if we never got Manning and kept Tebow. But, as we know, that didn't happen.

UberBroncoMan
01-27-2013, 05:33 PM
I'm hoping Brock makes the most of this and becomes Manning 2.0.

BroncosfanGuy
01-27-2013, 05:51 PM
I still like Brock for the purpose that we have him. Obviously, Wilson would have been wasted in sitting behind PM. Also, he would require a completely different offense to implement for him.

I think Wilson would have been a much better pick if we never got Manning and kept Tebow. But, as we know, that didn't happen.

I disagree with the bolded. Seattle didn't really even implement the zone read stuff until partway through the season. Wilson's a good pocket passer and he's mobile so his game isn't predicated on the zone read to open things up. It's just a wrinkle in Seattle's offense.

Cito Pelon
01-27-2013, 06:11 PM
Obviously right now it's Wilson. Os can handoff ok, but we don't know jack about how he can play NFL football.

Armchair Bronco
01-27-2013, 06:14 PM
On his worst day, Wlison is still a MUCH better QB than Brock Landers on his best day.

Brock is a superior Knee-Taker however.

Play2win
01-27-2013, 08:37 PM
Actually I think the guy to measure Brock against is Kaep. I think his playing style will end up being pretty similar also.

BroncoBeavis
01-27-2013, 08:53 PM
Actually I think the guy to measure Brock against is Kaep. I think his playing style will end up being pretty similar also.

I hope that's the booze talking.

Tombstone RJ
01-28-2013, 11:23 AM
lol

Doggcow
01-28-2013, 11:51 AM
Wilson is still much older than Brock too so we'd lose years drafting an old guy to ride the bench.

BroncosfanGuy
01-28-2013, 11:53 AM
Wilson is still much older than Brock too so we'd lose years drafting an old guy to ride the bench.

2 years difference is pretty negligible at the QB position

ZONA
01-28-2013, 12:32 PM
Sorta of an unfair question. Wilson got the chance to play and show what he can do. Brock basically got to hold a clipboard.

Doggcow
01-28-2013, 12:38 PM
2 years difference is pretty negligible at the QB position

We shoulda drafted Weeden.

SouthStndJunkie
01-28-2013, 12:53 PM
On his worst day, Wlison is still a MUCH better QB than Brock Landers on his best day.

Brock is a superior Knee-Taker however.

Brock Osweiler is definitely a better human victory cigar.

SouthStndJunkie
01-28-2013, 01:01 PM
We shoulda drafted Weeden.

Draft Weeden and he and Peyton Manning could have both retired as Denver Broncos in another 3 years.

Brandon Weeden, Aaron Rodgers, and Jay Cutler will all turn 30 next season.

Alex Smith seems like he's been playing a long time, and he will only be 29 next season.

Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan will both turn 28 next season and they've both played 5 NFL season.

Rascal
01-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Al Wilson, Baba Booey, BoiseBluTurf, BowlenBall, brncs_fan, bronco610, Broncobiv, BroncoDoom, broncolife, BroncoMan4ever, broncosteven, Broncos_OTM, cabronco, canadianbroncosfan, ColoradoBuff, Cosmo, Crushaholic, Dedhed, Doggcow, Drunk idiot kicker, Dutch, errand, gmp, Greatspirits, Houshyamama, Hulamau, JimmyFocus, Kaylore, KipCorrington25, Lev Vyvanse, lonestar, Lycan, MariusPontmercy, misturanderson, Natedogg, NFLBRONCO, Paladin, peacepipe, Ray Finkle, RhymesayersDU, scorpio, Stuck in Cali, t-diddy, TDmvp, The Big E, theAPAOps5, TheReverend, thevance_82, Tim, Tom G, Turd_Ferguson, UberBroncoMan, ~Crash~

^^^^^^^^^^

IDIOTS!!!!

Heyneck
01-28-2013, 01:48 PM
Not even close. Wilson is dope! Hope Brock turns out to be great. But every time I have had the time to see Wilson play, my jaw hits the floor. He will own that position for the next 10+ years if he manages to stay healthy.

Ray Finkle
01-28-2013, 01:55 PM
Al Wilson, Baba Booey, BoiseBluTurf, BowlenBall, brncs_fan, bronco610, Broncobiv, BroncoDoom, broncolife, BroncoMan4ever, broncosteven, Broncos_OTM, cabronco, canadianbroncosfan, ColoradoBuff, Cosmo, Crushaholic, Dedhed, Doggcow, Drunk idiot kicker, Dutch, errand, gmp, Greatspirits, Houshyamama, Hulamau, JimmyFocus, Kaylore, KipCorrington25, Lev Vyvanse, lonestar, Lycan, MariusPontmercy, misturanderson, Natedogg, NFLBRONCO, Paladin, peacepipe, Ray Finkle, RhymesayersDU, scorpio, Stuck in Cali, t-diddy, TDmvp, The Big E, theAPAOps5, TheReverend, thevance_82, Tim, Tom G, Turd_Ferguson, UberBroncoMan, ~Crash~

^^^^^^^^^^

IDIOTS!!!!

1. Does that shock you?

2. That was back in August or so.....hindsight is 20/20....

2KBack
01-28-2013, 02:07 PM
1. Does that shock you?

2. That was back in August or so.....hindsight is 20/20....

Idiotic is comparing two players in 2 completely different scenarios. We can't compare the two because Brock isn't playing yet. Unless you expected Wilson to beat Manning in training camp for the starting job, then the question is who would you rather have on the bench.

Tombstone RJ
01-28-2013, 02:29 PM
I agree, the comparison is a little off base. You have to look at the reasoning behind these two QBs being drafted the way the were drafted and if you do that you see two diametrically opposed reasons, that is, Wilson was drafted hoping for an immediate impact and he didn't dissappoint where as Twilight was drafted because he's a buddy of Jack and Jack needed someone to play Madden with.

underrated29
01-28-2013, 03:46 PM
Right.....and if we drafted Wilson and he sat and Brock tore it up in Seattle everyone here would be bitching and whining abut awwww we drafted a midget qb with questionable arm and this elway clone who is big and has a rifle arm is kicking ass as a Seahawks. Way to go elway.

Until Brock gets a year as a starter under hs belt there is not a whole lot that can be said. I will say it will be hard for Brock to live up to the season and pro bowl as Wilson has tho.

Lestat
01-28-2013, 03:57 PM
Wilson is a beast but he would have still been holding a clip board here.
i like Brock's long term potential and i think he's a franchise QB for us after Manning retires.

OBF1
01-28-2013, 04:52 PM
67% of the Orangemane is completely clueless... far less than I would have thought.

Russell Wilson, turns a team around and makes the playoffs with a half ass team.

Osweiler held a freekin clipboard all season long.... Yet 67% of your dumbshiats picked him over Wilson. This place should be shut down due to stupidity.

Victor
01-28-2013, 05:08 PM
Is this a trick question? Russell Wilson, you bunch of homers.

gunns
01-28-2013, 05:27 PM
I agree, the comparison is a little off base. You have to look at the reasoning behind these two QBs being drafted the way the were drafted and if you do that you see two diametrically opposed reasons, that is, Wilson was drafted hoping for an immediate impact and he didn't dissappoint where as Twilight was drafted because he's a buddy of Jack and Jack needed someone to play Madden with.

I do not believe that Wilson was drafted for an immediate impact. The Seahawks wouldn't have signed Flynn to a big contract if that were the case.

Cito Pelon
01-28-2013, 06:27 PM
I'm hoping Brock makes the most of this and becomes Manning 2.0.

Without the gagging in the playoffs part.

Ratboy
01-28-2013, 07:35 PM
I'm glad I didn't vote because the situations ended up being totally different.

Stupid poll.

DHallblows
01-28-2013, 07:52 PM
lulz at the people ragging on those who voted for Brock 5 ****ing months ago.

The poll was "Pick Your Bronco". ie who is a better pick to start for us in 3 years. Why is everyone acting like Brock is bad because he couldn't beat out PMFM as starter ??? Russell Wilson would have taken just as many snaps this season if we had him instead of Brock. Stupid poll, different situations.

enjolras
01-28-2013, 08:09 PM

The poll was "Pick Your Bronco". ie who is a better pick to start for us in 3 years. Why is everyone acting like Brock is bad because he couldn't beat out PMFM as starter ??? Russell Wilson would have taken just as many snaps this season if we had him instead of Brock. Stupid poll, different situations.

My god someone gets it!

It is absolutely impossible to know the answer to this. Wilson could take a huge step backwards next year (he would hardly be the first, Cam Newton being the most recent example). Brock could be a future hall-of-famer... who has any idea? Particularly since Brock is so incredibly young.

enjolras
01-28-2013, 08:11 PM

My god someone gets it!

It is absolutely impossible to know the answer to this. Wilson could take a huge step backwards next year (he would hardly be the first, Cam Newton being the most recent example). Brock could be a future hall-of-famer... who has any idea? Particularly since Brock is so incredibly young.

I will say that everything we've seen from Brock so far has been positive. He's prepared well. He's practically been attached to Manning during games (and I'd assume practice). There's a lot to like there.

Al Wilson
01-28-2013, 11:14 PM
Os hasn't thrown a meaningful pass yet and everyone is proclaiming Wilson is better than him. :rofl:

Bronco Rob
01-29-2013, 07:41 AM
Kirk Cousins, Russel Wilson, and Nick Foles all have looked good so far.

Why didn't we draft Turbin?

???

:thumbs:

B-Large
01-29-2013, 09:46 AM
people are so ghey over Wilson right now, any team without a QB, their fans are melting down that they didn't draft Wilson, blah, blah, blah....

He had a nice year, kudos. The NFL will figure him out. They figured out Cam, but his first year the experts were already carving out a place for him in Canton... well... the NFL figured him out, and he will have to figure out how to overcome.

As far as Brock, he has the measurable and skill set to be a starter, otherwise Elways and Co. would have passed. I will by default say Brock because I trust our Front Office to put us in the best position to contend.

bronco militia
01-29-2013, 10:07 AM
people are so ghey over Wilson right now, any team without a QB, their fans are melting down that they didn't draft Wilson, blah, blah, blah....

He had a nice year, kudos. The NFL will figure him out. They figured out Cam, but his first year the experts were already carving out a place for him in Canton... well... the NFL figured him out, and he will have to figure out how to overcome.

As far as Brock, he has the measurable and skill set to be a starter, otherwise Elways and Co. would have passed. I will by default say Brock because I trust our Front Office to put us in the best position to contend.

I'd say most Broncos fans (including me) didn't care for the Ozzy pick on draft day and then softend up a little by the pre-season.

I still hate the pick :cuss:

broncs2bowl
01-29-2013, 10:09 AM

Russell Wilson is no Cam newton. Just because he is mobile, he plays nothing like Cam. Cam is an athletic freak who just used it and completely depended on it for success his first year. After film teams catch on to that.

HOWEVER, Wilson is so mature and smart with the way he plays. He is not erratic like Cam. He plays to win. Cam had a lot of garbage time padded stats last year.

Wilson is the real deal and will be better than Brock in my opinion. Brock just strikes me as stupid. We need to win the super bowl SOON with manning under center.

Because I am NOT looking forward to the first season under Brock

bronco militia
01-29-2013, 10:11 AM
Russell Wilson is no Cam newton. Just because he is mobile, he plays nothing like Cam. Cam is an athletic freak who just used it and completely depended on it for success his first year. After film teams catch on to that.

HOWEVER, Wilson is so mature and smart with the way he plays. He is not erratic like Cam. He plays to win. Cam had a lot of garbage time padded stats last year.

Wilson is the real deal and will be better than Brock in my opinion. Brock just strikes me as stupid. We need to win the super bowl SOON with manning under center.

Because I am NOT looking forward to the first season under Brock

like Cam in 2012, teams will adjust to wilson's game by 2013

broncs2bowl
01-29-2013, 10:14 AM

You clearly didn't get my point...

Then you could say that about ANY rookie QB. Oh yeah teams will adjust to Luck, Wilson, RG3 and every rookie that comes out in this league.

Wilson >>>> Cam.

Cam is a loser. Wilson is a winner.

Wilson has too much poise to flop, unlike whiney pouter Cam

broncs2bowl
01-29-2013, 10:16 AM
I only see Luck and Wilson coming out as the great QBs of this draft. And they truly will be great.

RG3 will be out of the league in like 5-6 years

broncs2bowl
01-29-2013, 10:18 AM
I only see Luck and Wilson coming out as the great QBs of this draft. And they truly will be great.

RG3 will be out of the league in like 5-6 years

bronco militia
01-29-2013, 10:19 AM
You clearly didn't get my point...

Then you could say that about ANY rookie QB. Oh yeah teams will adjust to Luck, Wilson, RG3 and every rookie that comes out in this league.

Wilson >>>> Cam.

Cam is a loser. Wilson is a winner.

Wilson has too much poise to flop, unlike whiney pouter Cam

and it's up to Wilson/Seattle to adjust as well. It happens to all QB's.

BroncoInferno
01-29-2013, 01:42 PM

Cam Newton started the season out slowly, true, but he played very well in the last part of the season. I'm not sure why everyone is acting like he was exposed and a proven failure. Panthers won 5 of their last 6 with Newton throwing 10 TDs and only 2 INTs in those 6 games. He also ran for 347 yards and 4 TDs over that span. He shredded the Falcons with 287 yards passing,116 rushing and 3 TDs (2 passing, 1 rushing).

bronco militia
01-29-2013, 02:07 PM
Cam Newton started the season out slowly, true, but he played very well in the last part of the season. I'm not sure why everyone is acting like he was exposed and a proven failure. Panthers won 5 of their last 6 with Newton throwing 10 TDs and only 2 INTs in those 6 games. He also ran for 347 yards and 4 TDs over that span. He shredded the Falcons with 287 yards passing,116 rushing and 3 TDs (2 passing, 1 rushing).

that is also true. i had written Cam and Rivera off after the broncos destroyed them.

enjolras
01-29-2013, 02:09 PM

He caught the Falcons in a pre-playoff nap. There is nothing more misleading in the NFL than last 6 game stats. The level of competition gets really uneven late in the year. Lots of bad teams win a few games (even go on big streaks) late in the year, only to come back to earth.

In Newton I se a QB that can be rattled who lacks accuracy in the mid-range. He gets confused by defenses and generally lacks poise.

I don't think he'll ever be a terribly effective NFL QB.

BroncoInferno
01-29-2013, 02:12 PM
that is also true. i had written Cam and Rivera off after the broncos destroyed them.

I think it's Rivera and Chud who stink. I was floored when Cleveland hired Chud. Carolina is on TV every week in SC, so I saw most of their games, and the play-calling was flat-out ridiculous. I mean, they're paying three RBs millions upon millions of dollars (Williams, Stewart, and Tolbert) and they barely used them. I was a little surprised Richardson didn't can Rivera after he fired the GM, but then again he's incredibly cheap and probably didn't want to have to pay off the remainder of his contract. Anyway, I think Newton is definitely a keeper.

BroncoInferno
01-29-2013, 02:14 PM
He caught the Falcons in a pre-playoff nap. There is nothing more misleading in the NFL than last 6 game stats. The level of competition gets really uneven late in the year. Lots of bad teams win a few games (even go on big streaks) late in the year, only to come back to earth.

In Newton I se a QB that can be rattled who lacks accuracy in the mid-range. He gets confused by defenses and generally lacks poise.

I don't think he'll ever be a terribly effective NFL QB.

Um, he's already an effective NFL QB. If those 6 games were the only effective starts of his career, I might agree with your point, but he's been playing well for the most part since the first start of his career. It was the first half of 2012 that was the aberration, not the before and after.

Anyway, see my previous post for what I think is the root of Carolina's issues. Hint: it isn't Newton.

BroncoBeavis
01-29-2013, 02:14 PM
I'd say most Broncos fans (including me) didn't care for the Ozzy pick on draft day and then softend up a little by the pre-season.

I still hate the pick :cuss:

I hate it even more now. We took the AFC champs to double OT. Any upgrade anywhere on the roster could've potentially made the difference.

bronco militia
01-29-2013, 02:29 PM
you can't count the last 6 games? lol what.

is this some kind of unwritten NFL rule no one has heard of?

Tombstone RJ
01-29-2013, 02:31 PM
I do not believe that Wilson was drafted for an immediate impact. The Seahawks wouldn't have signed Flynn to a big contract if that were the case.

I disagree gunns and here's why: Yes, the hawks already had Flynn yet they still drafted Wilson--why? Furthermore, Carrol was on his last year as the HC of the hawks, it was make or break for him. He gambled just starting Wilson and he won that gamble. Not to mention drafting other guys like Irving. Of all the moves the hawks front office has made over the last few years, Flynn was and is the biggest mistake.

DBroncos4life
01-29-2013, 02:57 PM
This thread reminds me of why Jason Campbell is a much better QB then Aaron Rodgers because he started his career so much sooner then Rodgers.

enjolras
01-29-2013, 03:05 PM
Um, he's already an effective NFL QB. If those 6 games were the only effective starts of his career, I might agree with your point, but he's been playing well for the most part since the first start of his career. It was the first half of 2012 that was the aberration, not the before and after.

Anyway, see my previous post for what I think is the root of Carolina's issues. Hint: it isn't Newton.

See I disagree. His rookie season he threw a ton of interceptions and played his worst football in the fourth quarter. He's Jay Cutler at this point. Which is alright, but far from being elite or really showing the potential to be in that class.

For reference I think Wilson and Luck are both clearly better QB's right now.

DBroncos4life
01-29-2013, 03:15 PM
See I disagree. His rookie season he threw a ton of interceptions and played his worst football in the fourth quarter. He's Jay Cutler at this point. Which is alright, but far from being elite or really showing the potential to be in that class.

For reference I think Wilson and Luck are both clearly better QB's right now.

You need to look at the 4th quarter splits from Newtons rookie year vs Lucks rookie year before you start making that claim.

DomCasual
01-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Russell Wilson never figured out how to hit the curve ball consistently.

Brock Osweiler has better tattoos.

Osweiler reminds me more of Ed McCaffrey.

I'll take Brock.

Arkie
01-29-2013, 04:06 PM

This.

He was drafted in the 3rd round to learn under Flynn. They thought he might start one day, but not this year. He beat everybody's expectations.

It's the same situation in Denver. Brock is learning and may be a quality starter one day. QBs drafted much higher have failed. We'll have to wait and see. Seattle already knows what they have.

Tombstone RJ
01-30-2013, 03:31 PM
This.

He was drafted in the 3rd round to learn under Flynn. They thought he might start one day, but not this year. He beat everybody's expectations.

It's the same situation in Denver. Brock is learning and may be a quality starter one day. QBs drafted much higher have failed. We'll have to wait and see. Seattle already knows what they have.

Love your avy but gonna have to disagree with your post. You simply have no idea why Seattle drafted Flynn, that is, you weren't in the meeting when they called his name, nor were you in the meetings when they scouted him, etc.

IMHO, Wilson did outpace the expectations for sure. But my point is why draft Wilson at all when you just traded for Flynn and signed him to a fat contract? Somethings wrong with this picture. IMHO Wilson was drafted more because Flynn is not living up to expectations and pretty much everyone thought Wilson was a complete QB and NFL viable except for how tall he is.

TheReverend
01-30-2013, 03:43 PM
Love your avy but gonna have to disagree with your post. You simply have no idea why Seattle drafted Flynn, that is, you weren't in the meeting when they called his name, nor were you in the meetings when they scouted him, etc.

IMHO, Wilson did outpace the expectations for sure. But my point is why draft Wilson at all when you just traded for Flynn and signed him to a fat contract? Somethings wrong with this picture. IMHO Wilson was drafted more because Flynn is not living up to expectations and pretty much everyone thought Wilson was a complete QB and NFL viable except for how tall he is.

...Exactly what expectations weren't met between Flynn signing and the draft...?

go_broncos
01-30-2013, 03:46 PM
53 voted for Brock..:rofl:

Tombstone RJ
01-30-2013, 03:53 PM
...Exactly what expectations weren't met between Flynn signing and the draft...?

that's a good question and only the hawks know the answer. All I know is that Flynn is perhaps the highest paid benchwarmer in the NFL...

SonOfLe-loLang
01-30-2013, 04:05 PM
that's a good question and only the hawks know the answer. All I know is that Flynn is perhaps the highest paid benchwarmer in the NFL...

I think they obviously liked Wilson and saw a cant miss opportunity in the third round. But I have to assume they fully expected Flynn to be their starter this year. You dont pay a guy all that money to be a question mark. And its not like they drafted Wilson in the first.

Tombstone RJ
01-30-2013, 04:11 PM
I think they obviously liked Wilson and saw a cant miss opportunity in the third round. But I have to assume they fully expected Flynn to be their starter this year. You dont pay a guy all that money to be a question mark. And its not like they drafted Wilson in the first.

I agree but if all things are equal, that is, if Wilson and Flynn provide the same chance to win then don't you start Flynn? Wilson must have just dazzled the coaches in practice.

Arkie
01-30-2013, 07:34 PM

I'm not Seattle's GM, but I played one on the Orange Mane 11 month ago. :D

Arkie
01-30-2013, 07:36 PM
Seattle needed a QB more than Denver, but Denver signed Manning and spent a higher pick in the draft for Brock. Seattle wanted to land Manning, but he never considered them. They went with plan B. Flynn was the next big FA at the position. I felt like they signed him to be an immediate starter. I went into the mock draft looking for a QB of the future with expectations of Flynn starting at least a year.

Agamemnon
01-30-2013, 07:49 PM
53 voted for Brock..:rofl:

I know right? It's unreal. Hilarious!

Inkana7
01-30-2013, 07:59 PM
I know right? It's unreal. Hilarious!

I know right?! In a poll from August? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl:Hilarious!

go_broncos
01-31-2013, 04:29 AM
I know right?! In a poll from August? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl:Hilarious!

it shows how much the posters in this site are blind homers...

TheReverend
01-31-2013, 05:04 AM
it shows how much the posters in this site are blind homers...

...because one played and another didn't?

Agamemnon
01-31-2013, 05:55 AM
...because one played and another didn't?

No, because one was a great college quarterback in a pro style system and the other wasn't. And because one is a great athlete and the other isn't. The only thing Osweiler had on Wilson coming out was height. That's it.

Now I'm not trying to pretend that I was sitting around wanting Wilson during the draft, but I sure as **** didn't want Mr. Beanpole over him.

schaaf
01-31-2013, 02:56 PM
No, because one was a great college quarterback in a pro style system and the other wasn't. And because one is a great athlete and the other isn't. The only thing Osweiler had on Wilson coming out was height. That's it.

Now I'm not trying to pretend that I was sitting around wanting Wilson during the draft, but I sure as **** didn't want Mr. Beanpole over him.

You're honestly saying Brock isn't athletic? Brock originally signed a basketball scholarship to play for Gonzaga. You're calling that unathletic???

2KBack
01-31-2013, 04:07 PM
You're honestly saying Brock isn't athletic? Brock originally signed a basketball scholarship to play for Gonzaga. You're calling that unathletic???

242lbs is a bean pole

TheReverend
01-31-2013, 04:28 PM

242lbs is a bean pole

I hate when people are so lazy they can't even do a cursory google search to check their bull****.

2KBack
02-01-2013, 04:59 AM
http://www.drafttek.com/PositionalQB.asp
http://walterfootball.com/draft2012QB.php
http://www.nfl.com/photos/09000d5d8264303c/09000d5d8264321d
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Ranking-the-Drafts-Top-10-Quarterback-Prospects.html
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2012/prospects/qb.html

Good luck finding Russell Wilson ranked ahead of Osweiler anywhere leading up to this season. Wilson may have shown that he is better than that ranking at this point (or he may still Doug Flutie for a couple years before Doug Flutieing). As for Brock, there can be no assessment yet.

underrated29
02-01-2013, 07:58 AM
Brock also has a stronger arm.....iirc, Wilson was said to possibly be a first round pick if he was 3 inches taller. It was also said that if Brock would have stayed in college and just kept par with the season he had his last year of college he would have been a top 10 pick this year, perhaps the #1 overall.

The answer is we do not know the answer yet. How you guys think you do is insane. Think of it like this-

You are playing fantasy football and each team has one player left. You guy plays Monday night and his Sunday night. Hs guy played sun night and put up 30 points......are you now going to start bitching and whining that you should have started a different player,without having even seen how your guys does mon night? You have no clue! Perhaps you have Rodgers on Monday night. Perhaps you have Brandon wheeden. You don't know. You have no way of knowing until you guys plays. Anything before then is just being ridiculous.

Requiem
02-01-2013, 08:16 AM
Brock Osweiler can hit Mt. Rushmore from Denver. That is how strong his arm is.

oubronco
02-01-2013, 09:16 AM
Neither one is as athletic as our Deer like Manning

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site513/2012/1015/20121015_105926_16manningbroncos_500.jpg

jonny1
02-01-2013, 10:06 AM
I agree but if all things are equal, that is, if Wilson and Flynn provide the same chance to win then don't you start Flynn? Wilson must have just dazzled the coaches in practice.

That is exactly what happened, Wilson WON the job and Carroll was smart enough to know it.

Agamemnon
02-01-2013, 10:21 AM
I hate when people are so lazy they can't even do a cursory google search to check their bull****.

Dude runs a 4.8-4.9 40 and is 6'8" at that weight. Neither of my comments was bull****. He's not very athletic (more athletic than Manning, but that doesn't say much) and he is a bit of a beanpole. He does have a stronger arm than Wilson, I forgot to mention that. Still he was merely a good college QB playing in a spread offense while Russel Wilson was absolutely tearing it up in a pro style offense.

TheReverend
02-01-2013, 10:29 AM
Dude runs a 4.8-4.9 40 and is 6'8" at that weight. Neither of my comments was bull****. He's not very athletic (more athletic than Manning, but that doesn't say much) and he is a bit of a beanpole. He does have a stronger arm than Wilson, I forgot to mention that. Still he was merely a good college QB playing in a spread offense while Russel Wilson was absolutely tearing it up in a pro style offense.

So we've isolated the 40 yard dash as THE judge of athleticism?

Good to know.

DBroncos4life
02-01-2013, 10:35 AM
From what I could tell, there was only one head coach in attendance: Seattle's Pete Carroll. Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell was there, as was John Schneider, the GM.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/2012/03/30/20120330brock-osweiler-asu-pro-day-nfl-scouts.html#ixzz2Jfq8PP4u

Agamemnon
02-01-2013, 10:55 AM
So we've isolated the 40 yard dash as THE judge of athleticism?

Good to know.

Do you have any evidence to the contrary? Did he tear up cone drills at some point or something?

schaaf
02-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Do you have any evidence to the contrary? Did he tear up cone drills at some point or something?

The dude was signed to play division 1 basketball for a top competitor school as a power forward, arguably one of the few positions in all of sports that demands athleticism. I'm not saying he is more athletic than Wilson but to just flat out call him unathletic is laughable. The NFL has never seen a quarterback with his height combined with athleticism

schaaf
02-01-2013, 11:12 AM
And also, if Brock would have stayed in college this year he would be the first quarterback selected.... Without a doubt

2KBack
02-01-2013, 11:27 AM

Going with the beanpole thing still huh? Despite him being a similar height to weight ratio to guys like Lebron James?

Are we going to ignore that Brock also ran the read option in college?

Wilson had great numbers as a senior it's true, in an offense that is entirely based on the running game. Perhaps we should compare the two based on their junior seasons. Wouldn't help your argument much (feel free to look up his time spent at North Carolina State).

Yes, what you are saying is bull****. Preferring Wilson isn't, that's fine. You need to have some sort of evidence to back up claims like a lack of athleticism. Brock's mobility was considered one of his strengths coming out. It's baseless to make comments that ignore that.

DBroncos4life
02-01-2013, 11:30 AM
"He plays like he's a 6-3, 6-4 guy. He's a very athletic guy." Noel Mazzone, former Arizona St. offensive coordinator. "He rushed for nearly 700 yards for us as a senior. The thing that really stands out is when you watch him move, you don't think he's that big, don't realize he's that tall. He will never be mistaken for Michael Vick, but he moves well enough to make some plays with his feet."

I know Noel doesn't have the QB knowledge that Ag does though.

Pro day results.

4.83 in the 40-yard dash
1.66 10-yard dash
2.79 20-yard dash
4.32 20-yard shuttle
7.11 three-cone drill
33-inch vertical jump
98 broad jump
Bench pressed 225 pounds 24 times
33 7/8-inch arm length
9 7/8-inch hands
79 3/8-inch wingspan.

Requiem
02-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Agermenonon is one of the boards most worthless posters. Please never quote him again.

razorwire77
02-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

At the Mane calling a 6'8" 240 guy that runs a 4.8 40 and was offered a basketball ride to Gonzaga for hoops "unathletic."

razorwire77
02-01-2013, 01:02 PM
"He plays like he's a 6-3, 6-4 guy. He's a very athletic guy." Noel Mazzone, former Arizona St. offensive coordinator. "He rushed for nearly 700 yards for us as a senior. The thing that really stands out is when you watch him move, you don't think he's that big, don't realize he's that tall. He will never be mistaken for Michael Vick, but he moves well enough to make some plays with his feet."

I know Noel doesn't have the QB knowledge that Ag does though.

Pro day results.

4.83 in the 40-yard dash
1.66 10-yard dash
2.79 20-yard dash
4.32 20-yard shuttle
7.11 three-cone drill
33-inch vertical jump
98 broad jump
Bench pressed 225 pounds 24 times
33 7/8-inch arm length
9 7/8-inch hands
79 3/8-inch wingspan.

There is nobody posting on here who could do this at any height or any weight. That doesn't even take into account his arm strength which is ridiculous.

Bottom line, is we really don't know what we have in Brock, yet and probably won't for another couple of years.

DBroncos4life
02-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

At the Mane calling a 6'8" 240 guy that runs a 4.8 40 and was offered a basketball ride to Gonzaga for hoops "unathletic."

Don't you dare lump me in with AG

Tombstone RJ
02-01-2013, 04:10 PM
There is nobody posting on here who could do this at any height or any weight. That doesn't even take into account his arm strength which is ridiculous.

Bottom line, is we really don't know what we have in Brock, yet and probably won't for another couple of years.

yep, pretty much. I think we all agree we are hoping for the best when it comes to Twilight. It would be absolutely fantastic if he turns out to be the Broncos next SB winning/HoF QB.

Tombstone RJ
02-01-2013, 06:57 PM
I think this pretty much sums up Elway on his new toy aka Twilight:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EF8GhC-T_Mo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Would ya just look at it?

Agamemnon
02-01-2013, 07:36 PM

Oh good lord. The dude isn't a complete statue so you morons want to crown him as some kind of super-athlete. It's absurd. Obviously he's a great athlete by normal human standards, but by NFL standards he's nothing special. He's basically on par with Joe Flacco. He can move a bit, he'll run for a few yards every once in a while, but he is not a great athlete playing QB. And when compared to Russell Wilson he is a clumsy giraffe.

Agamemnon
02-01-2013, 07:38 PM
And also, if Brock would have stayed in college this year he would be the first quarterback selected.... Without a doubt

The homerism in this thread is hilarious. Hilarious!

BroncoBuff
02-02-2013, 02:37 AM
If Brock would have stayed in college this year he would be the first quarterback selected.... Without a doubt

"Without a doubt," really? I don't think so .... Geno Smith looks like a taller version of Russell Wilson to me. Both are humble, hard-working nose-to-the-grindstone guys. Like Wilson, Smith put up sick numbers in college, especially TD-Int ratio. And just like Wilson, Smith made a big jump up in conferences his senior year - from Big East to Big XII - despite that move up, his numbers actually improved.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4084/genosmithwrqp.jpg

BroncoBeavis
02-02-2013, 05:12 AM
Oh good lord. The dude isn't a complete statue so you morons want to crown him as some kind of super-athlete. It's absurd. Obviously he's a great athlete by normal human standards, but by NFL standards he's nothing special. He's basically on par with Joe Flacco. He can move a bit, he'll run for a few yards every once in a while, but he is not a great athlete playing QB. And when compared to Russell Wilson he is a clumsy giraffe.

The comparison to Kaepernick is still easily the worst post in this thread.

2KBack
02-02-2013, 06:25 AM

Keep digging that hole of hyperbole.

2KBack
02-02-2013, 06:34 AM
The comparison to Kaepernick is still easily the worst post in this thread.

The better comparison athletically is actually Jay Cutler

CEH
02-02-2013, 07:05 AM
The better comparison athletically is actually Jay Cutler

If Brock can move around like Cutler I would love it. Cutler is a lot of things but he is pretty good to great about buying time and taking off for some nice 8-10 yard gains

schaaf
02-02-2013, 12:01 PM
"Without a doubt," really? I don't think so .... Geno Smith looks like a taller version of Russell Wilson to me. Both are humble, hard-working nose-to-the-grindstone guys. Like Wilson, Smith put up sick numbers in college, especially TD-Int ratio. And just like Wilson, Smith made a big jump up in conferences his senior year - from Big East to Big XII - despite that move up, his numbers actually improved.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4084/genosmithwrqp.jpg

Yeah, what I meant to say is if Brock would have duplicated his numbers from his junior season he would have been the number 1 qb taken

Mogulseeker
02-02-2013, 12:12 PM

This is what I'm saying. In just about any other draft... Brock is a first rounder.

Mogulseeker
02-02-2013, 12:20 PM
I just thought this was an interesting bump because of how well Wilson played.

I think I'd still take the risk of Brock. Greater risk = greater reward, and there are several things that we know: Brock has a cannon arm, he can move for his size, and he has notchy mechanics but plenty of time to work them out.

g6matty
02-02-2013, 12:26 PM

im faster and stronger and have a better broad jump

Mogulseeker
02-02-2013, 12:30 PM
im faster and stronger and have a better broad jump

I had Brock beat on the 40 in High School... not anymore though. Brock is bigger, stronger, and faster than me at this point.

I could see some people on here maybe running faster than a 4.8.... other than that, I don't believe anyone on here who says they're more athletic than Ozzy. Or any pro football player, for that matter.

I mean some of us might be faster and/or stronger than some QBs/Kickers. (I'm pretty sure I could outrun Sebastian Janikowski), but still...

Agamemnon
02-02-2013, 01:21 PM
So many homers blowing sunshine up each other's asses in this thread. Hilarious!

DBroncos4life
02-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Awe it's cute when Tebow backers troll QB's like they have some good idea of what a ****ing QB should look like :rofl:

BroncoBeavis
02-02-2013, 02:19 PM
I just thought this was an interesting bump because of how well Wilson played.

I think I'd still take the risk of Brock. Greater risk = greater reward, and there are several things that we know: Brock has a cannon arm, he can move for his size, and he has notchy mechanics but plenty of time to work them out.

Homertastic. You'd take a one season college spread QB who's yet to throw an NFL pass over a ROY caliber playoff winner who damn near drove his team into a conference championship where he wouldve played a team he made look silly just a few weeks earlier.

There was some debate to be had in preseason. At this point you take Wilson 100 times out of 100.

2KBack
02-02-2013, 03:06 PM
I had Brock beat on the 40 in High School... not anymore though. Brock is bigger, stronger, and faster than me at this point.

I could see some people on here maybe running faster than a 4.8.... other than that, I don't believe anyone on here who says they're more athletic than Ozzy. Or any pro football player, for that matter.

I mean some of us might be faster and/or stronger than some QBs/Kickers. (I'm pretty sure I could outrun Sebastian Janikowski), but still...

There is being athletic, and using those abilities. I learned real fast at ASU, the world is full of fast strong guys (I was a 4.5 guy), when there's 20 other guys with the same physical skills as you, it comes down to translating them to on field performance. Brock has elite measurables and athletic skills, his future will be determined by how he translates them. There are no physical attributes that can pointed to as negative. It is silly to say that.

Will he grasp the mental game, will he take his physical freakness and make it work on the field? I will be curious to find out when one of the greatest QB's of all time decides to hang them up.

razorwire77
02-03-2013, 11:59 AM
There is being athletic, and using those abilities. I learned real fast at ASU, the world is full of fast strong guys (I was a 4.5 guy), when there's 20 other guys with the same physical skills as you, it comes down to translating them to on field performance. Brock has elite measurables and athletic skills, his future will be determined by how he translates them. There are no physical attributes that can pointed to as negative. It is silly to say that.

Will he grasp the mental game, will he take his physical freakness and make it work on the field? I will be curious to find out when one of the greatest QB's of all time decides to hang them up.
I think that's a pretty accurate assessment. Right now obviously Russel Wilson > than Brock and it's not even close. However, we have yet to see if Brock's physical attributes and mental toughness will translate into being a good NFL QB. We have yet to see if Russell Wilson will sustain his success over multiple years. It's still a really fluid situation. Like I said earlier, we probably won't know what we have with Osweiler until 2014-15 at the earliest.

I do know that calling a gigantic 22-year-old who runs a 4.8 40, can throw a football 70 yards, bench pressed 225 24 times despite having the wingspan of a Pterodactyl and was offered a full-ride to play hoops by a top 25 D1 program "unathletic" is retarded even by Mane retard standards.

Wes Mantooth
02-03-2013, 12:30 PM
I think that's a pretty accurate assessment. Right now obviously Russel Wilson > than Brock and it's not even close. However, we have yet to see if Brock's physical attributes and mental toughness will translate into being a good NFL QB. We have yet to see if Russell Wilson will sustain his success over multiple years. It's still a really fluid situation. Like I said earlier, we probably won't know what we have with Osweiler until 2014-15 at the earliest.

I do know that calling a gigantic 22-year-old who runs a 4.8 40, can throw a football 70 yards, bench pressed 225 24 times despite having the wingspan of a Pterodactyl and was offered a full-ride to play hoops by a top 25 D1 program "unathletic" is retarded even by Mane retard standards.

Russel would not have played had we drafted him. How can one compare?

DBroncos4life
02-03-2013, 12:37 PM
Russel would not have played had we drafted him. How can one compare?

That is why Jason Campbell is better then Rodgers.

BroncoBeavis
02-03-2013, 01:09 PM
That is why Jason Campbell is better then Rodgers.

Was Jason Campbell ever named rookie of the year?

This thread as told in South Park...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TMTkedIUX8U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

oubronco
02-03-2013, 01:26 PM
Awe it's cute when Tebow backers troll QB's like they have some good idea of what a ****ing QB should look like :rofl:

:~ohyah!: So true

DryHeat
02-04-2013, 03:04 PM
Brock will perform. The kid can flat out move for a giant his size.

Look, time will tell what Wilson has, same with Brock... but I like how poster have pointed out how Rodgers came along. I'm anxious to see how Brock develops.

Tombstone RJ
02-04-2013, 03:29 PM
who names their kid Brock anyway? Brock is not a QB name. Brock Osweiler is a professor of mathmatics and Cal Poly Tech, not a QB.

DryHeat
02-04-2013, 03:31 PM
who names their kid Brock anyway? Brock is not a QB name. Brock Osweiler is a professor of mathmatics and Cal Poly Tech, not a QB.

Brock Lesner, WWE mathematician.

http://media.ufc.tv//fighter_images/Brock_Lesnar/Brock_Lesnar_500x325_Head.png

Why he has a penis tattooed on his chest, I'll never know.

Tombstone RJ
02-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Buck. Buck Osweiler! He's a QB. He's your pal. He scores heavy with the babes! Brock, he's at home working on a crossword puzzle. Buck is outside throwing the ball around and playing pickup hoops.

DryHeat
02-04-2013, 03:33 PM
I always thought Dale was a man's name.

Dale Osweiler.

DryHeat
02-04-2013, 03:35 PM
I will say this - I'm more of an Osweiler fan than a Broncos fan, now, but I think Tebow got a raw deal, and if he focuses on development he may be an above-average starter in 3-4 years.

DryHeat
02-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Homertastic. You'd take a one season college spread QB who's yet to throw an NFL pass over a ROY caliber playoff winner who damn near drove his team into a conference championship where he wouldve played a team he made look silly just a few weeks earlier.

There was some debate to be had in preseason. At this point you take Wilson 100 times out of 100.

What he was saying was that Brock is greater reward. You kind of get an idea of what Russell Wilson is already. I don't think he's going to be spectacular, but I think he's going to be a solid starter for a long time.

Brock is a gamble, which is what you guys need right now because Manning has taken over the team - a gamble on the future, Brock could be a bust or he could be very, very good.... I'm thinking the latter.

Agamemnon
02-04-2013, 03:43 PM

What does this have to do with Tebow? Maybe Osweiler turns into a complete stud, but right now it's obvious Wilson is vastly superior. People in this thread pretending otherwise are utterly delusional homers.

schaaf
02-04-2013, 03:45 PM
I always thought Dale was a man's name.

Dale Osweiler.

and Duane.

Agamemnon
02-04-2013, 03:47 PM
What he was saying was that Brock is greater reward. You kind of get an idea of what Russell Wilson is already. I don't think he's going to be spectacular, but I think he's going to be a solid starter for a long time.

Brock is a gamble, which is what you guys need right now because Manning has taken over the team - a gamble on the future, Brock could be a bust or he could be very, very good.... I'm thinking the latter.

So you think Wilson never gets better than he was in his rookie season while Osweiler becomes elite?

Hilarious!

BroncoBeavis
02-04-2013, 03:58 PM

It doesn't get much more spectacular than a rook putting up 485 total yards and 109 rating in a clutch 2nd round playoff performance.

Brock isn't a just a roll of the dice in this context. Picking him over Wilson in hindsight would be like drawing on 20, planning on pulling in an Ace. The odds of a (stretch)2nd round QB turning into a servicable NFL starter are already stacked against you.

Up that threshold to outperforming the Rookie of the Year who showed some serious sack in the playoffs? Any GM in the league who'd trade Wilson for Broswald today would be out of a job tomorrow.

DryHeat
02-10-2013, 10:26 PM
It doesn't get much more spectacular than a rook putting up 485 total yards and 109 rating in a clutch 2nd round playoff performance.

Brock isn't a just a roll of the dice in this context. Picking him over Wilson in hindsight would be like drawing on 20, planning on pulling in an Ace. The odds of a (stretch)2nd round QB turning into a servicable NFL starter are already stacked against you.

Up that threshold to outperforming the Rookie of the Year who showed some serious sack in the playoffs? Any GM in the league who'd trade Wilson for Broswald today would be out of a job tomorrow.

So you're basically saying Wilson is a 20 in a game of Blackjack?

That would make him a once in a lifetime type QB. I think Defenses will adjust.... he coudl be the next Jeremy Linn. Just saying. You must be one of those Tebow fans who jumped on the Broncos bandwagon when Tebow signed. I'm one of the few Ozzy bandwagoners.

broncocalijohn
02-10-2013, 10:46 PM

Also Blain. Blain isn't a name. It's an appliance.

BroncoBeavis
02-10-2013, 11:16 PM
So you're basically saying Wilson is a 20 in a game of Blackjack?

That would make him a once in a lifetime type QB. I think Defenses will adjust.... he coudl be the next Jeremy Linn. Just saying. You must be one of those Tebow fans who jumped on the Broncos bandwagon when Tebow signed. I'm one of the few Ozzy bandwagoners.

As far as second round picks go Wilson's easily a 20. You're more likely to watch a 2nd round QB fall out of the league in a couple years than to watch him win a playoff game.

Anywho so if you came here on the twihard wagon are you just gonna take a break from the NFL for a few years until your man crush finally gets a chance to see the field? Or does even the holding the clipboard thing do it for ya? :)

TonyR
02-12-2013, 06:38 AM
Brock Osweiler's selection by Broncos in draft still draws puzzlement

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22566882/brock-osweilers-selection-by-broncos-draft-still-draws

DBroncos4life
02-18-2013, 06:09 PM
@Jeff_Legwold
Re: espn.go.com/community/twitter/...
4 NFL personnel folks have told me in recent days barring injury Brock Osweiler would have likely been 1st rd pick in this QB class.

Br0nc0Buster
02-18-2013, 08:55 PM
@Jeff_Legwold
Re: espn.go.com/community/twitter/...
4 NFL personnel folks have told me in recent days barring injury Brock Osweiler would have likely been 1st rd pick in this QB class.

I believe that
this class is not very strong, Outside of Geno Brock is probably just as good a prospect as the rest

And I am very meh on Geno

maher_tyler
12-22-2013, 06:25 PM
I wanted us to draft Foles...

Bump. Still wish we would have drafted Foles. Here's to hoping Oz turns out to be the right/better choice in the future.

bowtown
12-22-2013, 06:30 PM
Who cares? He'd still be sitting on the bench. And in all fairness no one has any idea what kind of QB Oz will be.

maher_tyler
12-22-2013, 06:38 PM
Who cares? He'd still be sitting on the bench. And in all fairness no one has any idea what kind of QB Oz will be.

He has been arguably the best QB in the league since he stepped into the starting line up in Philly. 117 QB rating on the season and so far another stellar performance tonight. Hard to believe Oz could do the same on our team or there's.

bowtown
12-22-2013, 07:14 PM
He has been arguably the best QB in the league since he stepped into the starting line up in Philly. 117 QB rating on the season and so far another stellar performance tonight. Hard to believe Oz could do the same on our team or there's.

Right hard to believe but we don't know, what we do know is that if Foles were on our team he would be doing exactly what Oz did today: handing the ball off in garbage time. So I'll ask again, who cares?

Broncobiv
12-22-2013, 07:58 PM
I'm happy to say that I was yelling for Foles over Osweiler.

Now...admittedly that's only because I went to U of A and hate the fact that we went with the Scum Devil over the Wildcat.

No telling what Osweiler would look like on the field since he hasn't had a shot yet. So I won't say one is better than the other. But Foles has looked mighty good so far!