PDA

View Full Version : Al Wlson Game Used Jersey Located And Purchased!

TallVolFan
08-23-2012, 01:48 PM
I finally found what I was looking for. It is a gift for my father. To those that helped I truly appreciate it. To the member here that mailed me the actual game on dvd I sincerely thank you. The camera stays on Al for like a minute solid early in the 3rd quarter. There is a definite photo/video match. Thank you again.

As for the jersey....it was taken after the Chiefs game in 2001 by the NFL. It obviously was worn in multiple games due to the massive hit marks and team repairs. I hope you enjoy the photos.

crush17
08-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Awesome!!!

TallVolFan
08-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Absolute beautiful video match............

Fusionfrontman
08-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Pretty awesome! I have been wanting some Wilson memorbilia. I have a mini helmet (thanks to Philly BroncoNut)

Ironlung
08-23-2012, 02:07 PM
That's a badass jersey. Congrats on the find! If you don't mind, how much coin did you have to pony up for that bad boy?

TallVolFan
08-23-2012, 02:08 PM
I also own Al's jersey he wore in the 1997 Orange Bowl against Nebraska. This was Peyton Manning's final collegiate game. This jersey was acquired immediately after the game ended.........

delany
08-23-2012, 02:17 PM
I miss that guy.

crush17
08-23-2012, 02:32 PM
I miss that guy.

Same. Still feel like we did him wrong and he wasn't sent off properly whatsoever.

Marshall Dumervil
08-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Same. Still feel like we did him wrong and he wasn't sent off properly whatsoever.

Me too, I thought he would be Ring of Fame material. He was a damn good player. Seems like after his neck injury he was just forgotten.

broncosteven
08-23-2012, 02:36 PM

His career ended on a neck injury, it wasn't like he could play again and we cut him.

He does deserve ring of fame honors in my book.

delany
08-23-2012, 02:42 PM
His career ended on a neck injury, it wasn't like he could play again and we cut him.

Trying to trade him to the Giants as damaged goods is what soured me. He didn't get a proper send off by the Broncos. It was confused and clouded by a failed Tuck for Wilson trade.

He deserved a better farewell.

crush17
08-23-2012, 03:29 PM
Trying to trade him to the Giants as damaged goods is what soured me. He didn't get a proper send off by the Broncos. It was confused and clouded by a failed Tuck for Wilson trade.

Exactly my point, and I feel like he hasn't been around the team since then because of it. Shanahan did him pretty dirty.

colorado jones
08-23-2012, 03:34 PM
Al's last game was Jay Cutler's first start.

That game was really cold.

TerrElway
08-23-2012, 03:41 PM
I have a John Elway autographed football from SB 33 - with the certificate of authenticity if you want to buy that now!

bombay
08-23-2012, 06:11 PM
I'm glad you got what you wanted, my friend. My buddies and I who are all season ticket holders and Broncos lovers refer to the day that Al got hurt as The Day The Defense Died. And it hasn't come all the way back yet.

bombay
08-23-2012, 06:13 PM
That Tennessee jersey is sweet!

LongDongJohnson
08-23-2012, 06:26 PM
Al's last game was Jay Cutler's first start.

That game was really cold.

Al played the next 3 games after his injury.

Vegas_Bronco
08-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Watching his pregame stretch was sick...dude could move laterally faster than he moved vertically on the field.

Remember ricky williams and ladanian tomlinson having very quiet days? They knew we had a rhino in the middle of the field.

BowlenBall
08-23-2012, 09:17 PM
Al Wilson is totally ring of fame worthy -- given the Manning connection, the team should do something in the near future.

Started 119 out of 125 games for the Broncos in an 8-year career.
5 time pro bowler.
719 career tackles (560 solo)

And I agree with bombay -- the day he got injured was the day the defense died.

Bacchus
08-23-2012, 09:44 PM
That is awesome!!!

colorado jones
08-24-2012, 12:09 PM
Al played the next 3 games after his injury.

Good catch... I should of posted it was the beginning of the end if Al's career.

vancejohnson82
08-24-2012, 12:28 PM
definitely Ring of Fame lock....although, if I had my way there would be a bunch of guys on their way up there...(Eddie Mac being one of them)

TheReverend
08-24-2012, 12:39 PM

Agree

...but imagine if we had been able to get Tuck?!?!?

crush17
08-24-2012, 01:05 PM
Agree

...but imagine if we had been able to get Tuck?!?!?

McDaniels probably would've traded him away?

tsiguy96
08-24-2012, 01:07 PM
I'm glad you got what you wanted, my friend. My buddies and I who are all season ticket holders and Broncos lovers refer to the day that Al got hurt as The Day The Defense Died. And it hasn't come all the way back yet.

whats crazy is how the nolan/mcdaniels defense started in 09. they were a beastly, terrorizing group, then it completely unfolded. to this day i dont think it was ever exposed why it went 180 after the bye week, lots of stories and theories on it (mcd gave them days off, he thought too much blitzing, he didnt do anything and it just unfolded etc) but nothing definitive.

LittleFloyd
08-24-2012, 01:18 PM
[QUOTE= the day he got injured was the day the defense died.[/QUOTE]

A fact.

crush17
08-24-2012, 01:31 PM
whats crazy is how the nolan/mcdaniels defense started in 09. they were a beastly, terrorizing group, then it completely unfolded. to this day i dont think it was ever exposed why it went 180 after the bye week, lots of stories and theories on it (mcd gave them days off, he thought too much blitzing, he didnt do anything and it just unfolded etc) but nothing definitive.

Him and Nolan didn't see eye to eye, McDaniels started trying to control the way Nolan ran the D, and Nolan said "go right ahead" and let him tank it to prove a point.

Not saying that's the gospel, but put 2 and 2 together.

Gort
08-24-2012, 01:48 PM
Exactly my point, and I feel like he hasn't been around the team since then because of it. Shanahan did him pretty dirty.

Shanny definitely did him wrong, but the NFL is a tough business.

i don't think Al Wilson wants anything to do with the Broncos. it was a bitter parting.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/06/17/broncos-doctor-exonerated-in-lawsuit/
http://broncotalk.net/2008/03/1067/broncos-news/al-wilson-files-grievance-against-broncos/

Bacchus
08-24-2012, 02:53 PM
Shanny definitely did him wrong, but the NFL is a tough business.

i don't think Al Wilson wants anything to do with the Broncos. it was a bitter parting.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/06/17/broncos-doctor-exonerated-in-lawsuit/
http://broncotalk.net/2008/03/1067/broncos-news/al-wilson-files-grievance-against-broncos/

I'm not sure I understand. Is Al mad because Shanny robbed him of a proper retirement? Denver tried to trade Al and he failed the physical and he never played again for anyone.

Gort
08-24-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm not sure I understand. Is Al mad because Shanny robbed him of a proper retirement? Denver tried to trade Al and he failed the physical and he never played again for anyone.

he blamed the Broncos medical staff for his injury and the end of his career.
he sued one of the Broncos doctors and lost.
he filed a grievance with the union against the Broncos.

it was not a good way to end the career and i think many bridges were burned.

has anyone seen or heard a single peep from him or about him since he left? has he ever been interviewed by the Denver media since his retirement? has he ever visited Dove Valley or Invesco/SAF since he left? i don't think so. i haven't heard anything about him. it's like he's a "non-person" now, the way former heads of the Soviet Union became "non-persons" once their successors rose to power (e.g. Kruschev was erased from Soviet history books and all the monuments to him were removed under Brezhnev).