PDA

View Full Version : Broncos "QB Club" article (Elway, Manning, Osweiler)

cmhargrove
08-23-2012, 12:00 PM
Elway, Peyton, Brock form unique bond

UPDATED AUG 23, 2012 2:30 PM ET

ENGLEWOOD, COLORADO
"Four Denver Broncos quarterbacks and their position coach were scouting the Seattle Seahawks' defense when Peyton Manning suddenly paused the video.
Brock Osweiler was paying attention and taking notes. The rookie just didn’t expect the storied veteran to put him on the spot.

Manning asked Osweiler to identify the “Mike,” which is the term used to describe the Seahawks player who serves as middle linebacker on the play. The decision helps the quarterback set pass protection by designating blockers to cover Seattle defenders."

Osweiler made his choice — and then received a valuable lesson..."

Very interesting article about the dynamic between Elway, Manning, and Osweiler. Includes some cool facts like Manning's special video shot he uses in practice. Well worth the read. Find the rest of the article here:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Peyton-Manning-Brock-Osweiler-John-Elway-Denver-Broncos-quarterbacks-work-together-082212

DomCasual
08-23-2012, 12:13 PM
They seem to be Living life to It's Fullest.

cmhargrove
08-23-2012, 12:17 PM
They seem to be Living life to It's Fullest.

Yeah, a threesome always seems like a good idea, but someone always gets left out... Or is that alway's get's left out, I forget.

lolcopter
08-23-2012, 12:19 PM
Yawn

Mogulseeker
08-23-2012, 12:33 PM
Nice to see Manning in a mentor role.

cmhargrove
08-23-2012, 01:07 PM
Yawn

Not anough drama or arguing for you, I understand.

I think a 15 year vet making the film crew tape his Qb perspective every snap and still learning from his mistakes is pretty cool. I'm not always a believer in the whole "let a vet develop the younger QB" thing but this is a pretty interesting point in history for Denver fans. Two HOF QB's trying to put together a superbowl team, and this shows a little behond the scenes interaction.

But you yawn.

Kaylore
08-23-2012, 02:24 PM
This was a good article. Thanks for posting, linking and labeling the article correctly and not posting the whole thing except for one sentence so Taco doesn't get sued.

Tombstone RJ
08-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Good article. It's hard not to be excited about the Broncos future.

The Big E
08-23-2012, 07:17 PM
Osweiler is one lucky SOB. I can't imagine him finding a better situation than the one he's in right now.