PDA

View Full Version : Goodell not welcome in Miami restaurant owned by D.J. (and Vilma, Beason)

Baba Booey
08-22-2012, 06:52 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/22/goodell-isnt-welcome-at-restaurant-owned-by-jonathan-vilma-and-d-j-williams/

Discuss.

lolcopter
08-22-2012, 07:03 AM
Goodell is a clown and a moron who is ruining this league. Seriously, these games in London have to stop. This league will never go international you chump, so stop wastin resources and valuable home games to teams by making them travel so far. Even if it is the crappy Jags, they deserve to have real home games

In summary, that's awesome he's not welcome. Dude is a compete chump

bronco militia
08-22-2012, 07:06 AM
don't forget that Goodell is the mouthpiece for the owners. Pat Bowlen x 32= a lot of drunks with a lot of cash

canadianbroncosfan
08-22-2012, 07:07 AM
Goodell is a clown and a moron who is ruining this league. Seriously, these games in London have to stop. This league will never go international you chump, so stop wastin resources and valuable home games to teams by making them travel so far. Even if it is the crappy Jags, they deserve to have real home games

Not that I'm a Goodell fan, but I do disagree with this statement. No one goes to see them in Jacksonville and at least the UK games tend to sell out.

Ray Finkle
08-22-2012, 07:07 AM

Please,

you have to professionals that have been busted for DUI, Substances, and in a bounty scam that act like immature children but you side with them?

Goodell has limited games in London and takes a team where they can't sell out their home games (Jaguars) and moves them to a place they can. That's not being a chump, that's a smart business plan.

lolcopter
08-22-2012, 07:14 AM
Please,

you have to professionals that have been busted for DUI, Substances, and in a bounty scam that act like immature children but you side with them?

Goodell has limited games in London and takes a team where they can't sell out their home games (Jaguars) and moves them to a place they can. That's not being a chump, that's a smart business plan.

first of all I'm not siding with the players so much as I'm going against goodell

And I fail to see how it's smart business trying to export a game that has little international appeal when maybe instead you could be focusing on improving morale and attendance on your own turf. Not to mention the costs of sending both teams thousands of miles across the ocean, loss of time, jet lag, negatively impacting the overall quality of play

**** the UK imo. It's a stupid idea which may have had some merit when there was an NFL Europe, but right now it's nothing more than a publicity stunt and a gimmick

BroncoBeavis
08-22-2012, 07:16 AM
don't forget that Goodell is the mouthpiece for the owners. Pat Bowlen x 32= a lot of drunks with a lot of cash

Sounds like just the kind of crew you'd expect to show up for dinner and drinks at Brother Jimmy's BBQ in South Florida. :)

tsiguy96
08-22-2012, 07:17 AM
first of all I'm not siding with the players so much as I'm going against goodell

And I fail to see his it's smart business trying to export a game that has little international appeal when maybe instead you could be focusing on improving morale and attendance on your own turf. Not to mention the costs of sending both teams thousands of miles across the ocean, loss of time, jet lag, negatively impacting the overall quality of play

**** the UK imo. It's a stupid idea which may have had some merit when there was an NFL Europe, but right now it's nothing more than a publicity stunt and a gimmick

it has little international appeal because it doenst have much international presence you dope. thats why they are sending games over there.

lolcopter
08-22-2012, 07:19 AM
it has little international appeal because it doenst have much international presence you dope. thats why they are sending games over there.

Because a couple games a season is really gonna boost interest. Despite the fact that international basketball and baseball seem to be doing just fine without gimmicks like this

American football will always be a uniquely American sport. Let the rest of the world play soccer, because even if the interest was there they couldn't compete with the product the NFL puts out today

bronco militia
08-22-2012, 07:22 AM
Sounds like just the kind of crew you'd expect to show up for dinner and drinks at Brother Jimmy's BBQ in South Florida. :)

LOL

Ray Finkle
08-22-2012, 07:32 AM
Because a couple games a season is really gonna boost interest. Despite the fact that international basketball and baseball seem to be doing just fine without gimmicks like this

American football will always be a uniquely American sport. Let the rest of the world play soccer, because even if the interest was there they couldn't compete with the product the NFL puts out today

It already has, this is not a quick outcome. It is a long term investment.

If the NFL makes $1.50 if the Jaguars play a home game in FL and makes $3.50 in a sold out stadium in London, you can see the appeal. Factor in the the exposure that game generates to the NFL lead to increased out of country $ spent on merchandise and DirectTV type game feeds.

The NBA has global marketing appeal and generate tons of revenue from overseas. The NFL is a business and Goodell is tapping into a new revenue stream. It's a smart business plan.....

gyldenlove
08-22-2012, 07:33 AM

Considering that teams like the Jags and Rams can sell out a stadium bigger than the ones they play in in the States at highly inflated ticket prices, your argument is bull****.

That is funny you should bring up basketball and baseball, as both the NBA and MLB have significantly smaller sales and following in Europe than the NFL does.

lolcopter
08-22-2012, 07:38 AM
That is funny you should bring up basketball and baseball, as both the NBA and MLB have significantly smaller sales and following in Europe than the NFL does.

Source?

And I said international, not Europe (which the UK is not btw). Both of those American sports have gained wide appeal worldwide without shipping regular seasons games abroad, and have produced competitive teams and players from a wide variety of countries

spdirty
08-22-2012, 07:52 AM
I'd prefer we go back to doing international preseason games.

I hate the idea of taking away a team's home game, even if they make more money on those. Take away the home preseason game and that appeals to season ticket holders who could save a few hundred bucks.

lolcopter
08-22-2012, 07:55 AM

I hate the idea of taking away a team's home game, even if they make more money on those. Take away the home preseason game and that appeals to season ticket holders who could save a few hundred bucks.

This at least makes sense and doesn't put any team at a competitive disadvantage

cmhargrove
08-22-2012, 07:57 AM
Sounds like a "top shelf" restaurant.

Let's see, they probably pee in the lemonade, and pay the bus boys to tackle people that don't clean up their tables.

Dj and Vilma deserve each other, morons.

Jay3
08-22-2012, 08:05 AM
I like Goodell, and I support the way he runs this league.

Stuck in Cali
08-22-2012, 08:06 AM
Stupid. Obviously they didn't think this through. We know that's normal for DJ.

Stuck in Cali
08-22-2012, 08:07 AM
Double post, sorry.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-22-2012, 08:07 AM
That will teach him a lesson. They aren't f#%king around.

SoCalBronco
08-22-2012, 08:09 AM
Good.

Ray Finkle
08-22-2012, 08:10 AM
Good.

you are such an ass hat....

rmsanger
08-22-2012, 08:10 AM
pencil me in as a Goodell fan!

Smiling Assassin27
08-22-2012, 08:12 AM
Nothing says 'take me seriously, i'm a pro' like becoming a petulant child. Whether you back Goodell or not, this is a childish stunt reflective of a 2nd grader, but alas, I am not surprised who is pulling this.

I'm sure Goodell will take his money and LARGE tip elsewhere, not that he'd stop in to dine at that dive.

OBF1
08-22-2012, 08:16 AM
Talk about potential business plans... DJ and Vilma combined have the smarts of an infant. Atleast they will have plenty of time to "run" their restaurant with the time off they both have.

lolcopter
08-22-2012, 08:17 AM
I like Goodell, and I support the way he runs this league.

notsureifserious.jpg

I mean, I guess that new kickoff rule is really shaking things up

SoCalBronco
08-22-2012, 08:18 AM
you are such an ass hat....

Why would they..or any member of the NFLPA serve him?

lolcopter
08-22-2012, 08:19 AM

Hell, just move the Pro Bowl over there, then they can watch the best of the best because it's just a joke for us stateside

Beantown Bronco
08-22-2012, 08:22 AM
Sounds like a "top shelf" restaurant.

Let's see, they probably pee in the lemonade.

To be fair, DJ has to find some way to refill the lemonade pitcher once he's done using it for his random piss tests.

Beantown Bronco
08-22-2012, 08:26 AM
Hell, just move the Pro Bowl over there, then they can watch the best of the best because it's just a joke for us stateside

They'd have to build a dome. There's no way you'd ever get the players to agree to play in London in early February, which is the worst time of year to be there weather-wise, vs Honolulu.

BowlenBall
08-22-2012, 08:28 AM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/goodellserve.jpeg

Ray Finkle
08-22-2012, 08:30 AM

They're pissy because he treated 2 guys that broke the rules like adults....it's not the U where they get to do anything they want.

Pony Boy
08-22-2012, 08:33 AM
Goodell is a clown and a moron who is ruining this league.

Yes, I see your point DJ would probably make a lot better commissioner for the league, he's more in touch with the players. I'll drink to that and so would DJ.

lolcopter
08-22-2012, 08:36 AM
I don't see what the BFD is, last I checked this was a free country and private businesses reserve the right to refuse to service to whomever they wish. Are the players being petty? Yeah, but who cares? Would Goodell actually ever even go to this place? Who knows

Standard PFT article about nothing

Denver Bronco56
08-22-2012, 08:43 AM
I think people are failing to realize that DJ and Vilma are like best friend and were roomates in college, so thats why they have this place... and they both are fighting suspensions, so idk what the big deal is about this. Im sure neither of them are big fans of the comissioner

IHaveALight
08-22-2012, 09:02 AM
Yet another display of DJ's lack of class. And seeing as how he's yet to be suspended for his DUI, his lack of intelligence. I'm sure this will help his case. :kiddingme

Taco John
08-22-2012, 09:10 AM
Petty. Shows that DJ is a smaller man than I had thought he was. You expect this kind of thing from a kid, not a grown ass man.

colorado jones
08-22-2012, 09:14 AM

And yet the article got you to react with multiple posts in this thread.

lololololololololololol

BroncoBeavis
08-22-2012, 09:16 AM
Petty. Shows that DJ is a smaller man than I had thought he was. You expect this kind of thing from a kid, not a grown ass man.

I'm not defending DJ, but if I had to guess this is probably more Vilma's thing than DJ's.

DJ should shut it down though. That Miami U education must not've taught him it's a bad idea to poke a stick at the guy sipping the fine single malt and smoking a cuban while mulling over your upcoming suspension. :)

lolcopter
08-22-2012, 09:23 AM
And yet the article got you to react with multiple posts in this thread.

lololololololololololol

Because goodell is a major tool and I was voicing my opinion on the Internet

Derp

BowlenBall
08-22-2012, 09:34 AM

This.

DJ is 30 years old, for God's sake.

9 years with the Broncos -- what a waste of talent (his) and money (Pat's)....

BroncoInferno
08-22-2012, 09:47 AM
They're pissy because he treated 2 guys that broke the rules like adults....it's not the U where they get to do anything they want.

That's true for DJ, but not Vilma. Goodell has produced zero evidence of any substance to justify the suspension he gave Vilma.

Rohirrim
08-22-2012, 09:53 AM

Bingo!

Crushaholic
08-22-2012, 10:01 AM
They are rich football players. Money makes some people act like petulant children...:oyvey:

Pony Boy
08-22-2012, 10:01 AM
I don't see what the BFD is, last I checked this was a free country and private businesses reserve the right to refuse to service to whomever they wish. Are the players being petty? Yeah, but who cares? Would Goodell actually ever even go to this place? Who knows

Have you heard of the Federal Civil Rights Act of 1964? It gives people:

"full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin."

Garcia Bronco
08-22-2012, 10:03 AM
I wouldn't let the GingerHAmmer dine at my estab either.

lolcopter
08-22-2012, 10:08 AM

"full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin."

which does not apply here

Garcia Bronco
08-22-2012, 10:08 AM

The University of Miami is trash when it comes to their football program. They cheat...cheat cheat. If they aren't on probation...they are working to be on probation. SoCal is a big supporter of this football program. He didn't go to school there or anything like that, so it's completely illogical that he would support them...but that's who he wants to be..in part.

Garcia Bronco
08-22-2012, 10:10 AM
I'm not defending DJ, but if I had to guess this is probably more Vilma's thing than DJ's.

DJ should shut it down though. That Miami U education must not've taught him it's a bad idea to poke a stick at the guy sipping the fine single malt and smoking a cuban while mulling over your upcoming suspension. :)

Are you sure they actually graduated from there?

People say Micheal Vick is a Hokie, but I am here to tell you that Hokies graduate.

Garcia Bronco
08-22-2012, 10:12 AM
That's true for DJ, but not Vilma. Goodell has produced zero evidence of any substance to justify the suspension he gave Vilma.

Except that he held meetings and organized the money for the bounties, but yeah...outside of that.

Ray Finkle
08-22-2012, 10:13 AM

just because the information hasn't been made public does not mean there is no evidence....

Garcia Bronco
08-22-2012, 10:13 AM

They aren't discriminating against protected class.

Garcia Bronco
08-22-2012, 10:14 AM
just because the information hasn't been made public does not mean there is no evidence....

It been made public though. Not the explict details, but we don't need that for the NFL to run it's business.

bpc
08-22-2012, 10:15 AM
Not really sure what Goodell has done that is wrong. He's cracked down on idiot player's doing stupid chit. It's laughable to hear the fans come out and thrash him yet side w/ DJ (MORON) & Vilma (MORON). These guys have been corrupt as **** since their Miami days when they most likely were taking some illegal benefits having known better.

I don't agree w/ Goodell on everything (18 game seasons/more playoff teams) but I think he has taken some necessary measures to ensure that the crazy crap going on in this league stops.

broncocalijohn
08-22-2012, 10:18 AM
DJ WIlliams and Vilma are clowns and 2 morons who are ruining this league. Seriously, these games in London have to stop. This league will never go international you chump, so stop wastin resources and valuable home games to teams by making them travel so far. Even if it is the crappy Jags, they deserve to have real home games

I needed to fix your horrific post. THese two crybabies are facing (or already did) suspensions and fines based on their own stupid acts and they want to take it out on Goodell? Lolcopter, why don't you call out these two owners instead of making this thread your soapbox on playing games in London. You really think those two idiots are not going to serve Goodell because of games in London?

Idiot.

lolcopter
08-22-2012, 10:21 AM
Because me bashing goodell is an automatic admission of support for retards like DJ

Alright then

lolcopter
08-22-2012, 10:23 AM
You really think those two idiots are not going to serve Goodell because of games in London?

Idiot.

http://danceswithfat.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

broncocalijohn
08-22-2012, 10:25 AM
Good.

I see you are still hell bent on still supporting your Adapt a Bronco DJ williams even though he has completely screwed things up. Is there anything he does that actually bothers you like his play? His DUIs? His fake piss cheating drug test?

Asshat was fitting.

broncocalijohn
08-22-2012, 10:28 AM
Because me bashing goodell is an automatic admission of support for retards like DJ

Alright then

You jumped into the thread without one iota remark on those two childish players. You went straight to something that had nothing to do with the article, London! Therefore, it is easy to assume from you that London must have had the reasoning to not let him in. Your soap box against Goodell in a thread that shows nothing negative about Goodell but two crybabies. You decided to go against the Commish and say absolutely nothing about the two. Easy to "jump to conclusions" when you provide the evidence.

London is a good discussion but who in the hell thinks about that when reading the linked article? You must hate the BRITS!(now that is jumping to conclusions)

lolcopter
08-22-2012, 10:29 AM
You jumped into the thread without one iota remark on those two childish players. You went straight to something that had nothing to do with the article, London! Therefore, it is easy to assume from you that London must have had the reasoning to not let him in. Your soap box against Goodell in a thread that shows nothing negative about Goodell but two crybabies. You decided to go against the Commish and say absolutely nothing about the two. Easy to "jump to conclusions" when you provide the evidence.

Goddamn you're dumb

Huge offshoot remark on my part? Sure. I still don't know how you connected those dots though

boltaneer
08-22-2012, 10:31 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wNyp7gEI5rc/T9xl3R-r5QI/AAAAAAAAABI/4Q7g7SJbDDM/s1600/baby-crying.jpg

I'd like to hear what the NFLPA thinks about this.

broncocalijohn
08-22-2012, 10:32 AM
Goddamn you're dumb

Oh, I stretched it but you gave no other explanation. To see this article as a way to bring up London shows where your mind is currently. "Don't serve him! He plays regular season games in London!"

Face it, you wouldn't serve him based on the one thing you said in your post. Not that the players are innocent, he isn't doing enough for concussion prevention, cutting down pre season games.....NO! In your post, it was all about LONDON! No games in London! Fire him!

Dude, you brought your ****ty post onto us, not the other way around.

lolcopter
08-22-2012, 10:33 AM
London is a good discussion but who in the hell thinks about that when reading the linked article? You must hate the BRITS!(now that is jumping to conclusions)

This one at least makes logical sense

lolcopter
08-22-2012, 10:35 AM
Face it, you wouldn't serve him based on the one thing you said in your post.

I wouldn't serve him because he's a ****ty commish who is pussyfying the league which a bunch of arbitrary rules

boltaneer
08-22-2012, 10:39 AM
Who cares if one NFL game a year is in London? Seriously.

broncocalijohn
08-22-2012, 10:39 AM
This one at least makes logical sense

LOL, why didnt you just quote the whole post by me instead of breaking it down when the whole post makes sense together? Come on dude, slow down and take a breath.

Next time you want to stir it up but not by how this came about, maybe you should address the article first and let us know your opinion on the first topic before jumping to the "victim" of the article.
"I would not serve that idiot commissioner either because of items like playing in London, kickoff change, etc. but DJ Williams and Vilma are completely wrong on this one. Those two should shut up especially WIlliams until he finds out all his details." This at least would give all Maners that 1) you hate Goodell and 2) The two owners are stupid and should shut up.

tsiguy96
08-22-2012, 10:40 AM
I wouldn't serve him because he's a ****ty commish who is p***Yfying the league which a bunch of arbitrary rules

arbitrary? you realize over 3000 former NFL players are trying to bankrupt the league by saying it is responsible for not informing players of concussions, right?

hes stopping people from causing potentially short and long term injuries, first and foremost so those same people cant go back and bite the league later saying the league didnt do everything it could.

Stagger Lee
08-22-2012, 10:44 AM
Jesus, DJ is an ass hat.

24champ
08-22-2012, 10:45 AM
Goodell is turning the league into flag football. **** him.

Kaylore
08-22-2012, 10:45 AM
Boy they sure showed him! I bet he's trashing his office as we speak because he was going to take his wife there for their anniversary. Way to take a stand, guys!

menonite
08-22-2012, 10:49 AM
Damnit GOD-ell - no TAXATION without REPRESENTATION!

Wait...what are we talking about again?

Whatever. All I know is, I'd like to bang Roger's wife, Jane Skinner. She has a filthy mouth:

http://youtu.be/4KKXektRX3Y

p.s. How the heck do you embed videos here?

lolcopter
08-22-2012, 10:50 AM
LOL, why didnt you just quote the whole post by me instead of breaking it down when the whole post makes sense together? Come on dude, slow down and take a breath.

Next time you want to stir it up but not by how this came about, maybe you should address the article first and let us know your opinion on the first topic before jumping to the "victim" of the article.
"I would not serve that idiot commissioner either because of items like playing in London, kickoff change, etc. but DJ Williams and Vilma are completely wrong on this one. Those two should shut up especially WIlliams until he finds out all his details." This at least would give all Maners that 1) you hate Goodell and 2) The two owners are stupid and should shut up.

I'm on mobile and it's a pain in the ass

Goodell still sucks tho, so hats off to vilma and DJ even though they're both retards too

Beantown Bronco
08-22-2012, 10:54 AM
Who cares if one NFL game a year is in London? Seriously.

season ticket holders

Jay3
08-22-2012, 10:57 AM
notsureifserious.jpg

I mean, I guess that new kickoff rule is really shaking things up

I'm serious -- just about everything he does seems like he's doing a good job to me.

On the kickoff and injury thing, one of the things about this sport that makes my tummy sad is the risk of head/spine injury to players. Those helmets and pads have gotten so good at insulating players from the pain of impact that they are hitting each other more like weapons. I'm fine with modifications to the rules that are designed to curtail the risk of injury.

I know it's always going to be rough at the line, in the "scrum" so to speak, but the open field, high speed collisions are something I believe we can do something about. The object of the game is to get the man on the ground, not inflict pain or injury.

:egbgb:

Miss I.
08-22-2012, 11:05 AM
Well I am sure Goodell is really regretting punishing two petulant children. They sure showed him. Hey, do you think they will throw themselves on the floor next and hold their breath until they turn blue? Because I would actually go to their restaurant to see that.

As for London, not sure why that was even brought up, but okay, as someone who has seen two games at Wembley, I am glad I got to see them both, even if the Broncos that came sucked balls and were coached by a douchebag at the time. I got to meet some of the international Broncos fans who are wicked brilliant by the way and Wembley is a really great stadium. Actually the NFL did a better job working it up then the Olympic 2012 event I saw there (though watching the US women's soccer team kick the **** out of Japan was way cooler than watchin SF beat the Broncos or Chicago beat whoever the hell they played). At any rate I enjoyed the game, glad I got the chance that few ever do which is to see my mother****ing team play in a foreign country, plus meet some great UK bronco fans. I get why losing the home advantage sucks, but the NFL fans came out in droves and both games I saw were sold out. I am not sure a preseason would sell out, but it might. As for the probowl game, February would be a **** time to have a game in england and it would probably rain all over the big ass tailgate party they hold with the game and the pregame events. It's effin cold in England February.

Broncos_OTM
08-22-2012, 11:16 AM

that was the world league.... if were going to sell a product you ain't putting out the crap... you bring out the big guns

Broncos_OTM
08-22-2012, 11:26 AM

that was the world league.... if were going to sell a product you ain't putting out the crap... you bring out the big guns

Mogulseeker
08-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Not that I'm a Goodell fan, but I do disagree with this statement. No one goes to see them in Jacksonville and at least the UK games tend to sell out.

Yup. I'm a big fan of the international games. I went to the games when I lived in the Netherlands, and NFL teams that have half-empty stadiums are selling out the 100k + Wembley Stadium. Enough expats in Europe to field a team, or maybe two there. I got to see the Broncos play in England on Halloween 2010. Tix were like £90 - which is about $150, and the place was packed. Djurgarden, the elite sports club in Sweden that fields Hockey/Soccer teams, also has an American football team that could take on some Div I NCAA teams. Also, Rugby and Gaelic football is popular in Europe - which are both similar to the NFL. I think and NFL team in Europe would be awesome - maybe Kroenke moving the Rams to London - he already has the rights to Emirates Stadium

But I think Goodell is infinitely better than Taglibue.

Do I agree with everything he does? Of course not - mostly the proprietary marketing of the franchises, and the more-than-necessary suspensions. But overall, the game is changing as players get bigger, faster and stronger, and I think Goodell is doing a decent job at keeping the league from getting out of hand.

boltaneer
08-22-2012, 12:00 PM
season ticket holders

I don't think Jacksonville fans will care much.

Mogulseeker
08-22-2012, 12:07 PM
I don't think Jacksonville fans will care much.

Or Chargers fans.

Garcia Bronco
08-22-2012, 12:24 PM
I see you are still hell bent on still supporting your Adapt a Bronco DJ williams even though he has completely screwed things up. Is there anything he does that actually bothers you like his play? His DUIs? His fake piss cheating drug test?

Asshat was fitting.

That's just it though...if DJ Williams was driving drunk in his community he'd have a probl with it.

boltaneer
08-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Or Chargers fans.

I wouldn't care one bit. It's just one game and my ticket bill would go down.

BroncoInferno
08-22-2012, 12:50 PM
Except that he held meetings and organized the money for the bounties, but yeah...outside of that.

Goodell's provided zero evidence of substance to prove that.

errand
08-22-2012, 01:12 PM

Perhaps a US service man or woman or two that might not be able to travel to US of A would like see a pro game live while stationed in Europe?

Rock Chalk
08-22-2012, 01:48 PM

Because his money is just as good as anyone else's money.

It's not Goodell's fault DJ and Vilma are ****ing retarded.

24champ
08-22-2012, 01:52 PM
But I think Goodell is infinitely better than Taglibue.

I don't. NFL needs a commish with actual football experience to run the league, not a bureaucrat.

The problem may come from Goodell’s background. He’s a career NFLer, working his way up from intern to chief operating officer under his predecessor, Paul Tagliabue. There’s nothing inherently suspect about working one’s way up the chain of command. But it is noteworthy that Goodell never really worked on the football side of the NFL. His expertise comes purely from the bureaucratic side — and that is inherently suspicious....

Growth often leads to complacency. When Tagliabue retired the NFL conducted a token search before promoting his longtime lieutenant, Goodell, to the top job. Goodell lacked either the direct football experience of the pre-Tagliabue commissioners or the substantial legal career of Tagliabue himself. He simply rose through the ranks, acquiring titles along the way. This is reflected in his management style, which resembles that of a Federal Trade Commission chairman more than a Fortune 500 CEO. As the Klingons would say, Goodell is “a swaggering, overbearing, tin-plated, dictator with delusions of godhood.

Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011-01-30/sports/30052355_1_pete-rozelle-nfl-owners-nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell#ixzz24JHy2cpb

NFLBRONCO
08-22-2012, 02:13 PM
What is the name of restaurant

DUI's

Not only will we get you drunk but, we'll show you how and where to get a DUI driving home

Kaylore
08-22-2012, 02:46 PM
I don't. NFL needs a commish with actual football experience to run the league, not a bureaucrat.

Totally disagree.

Donk
08-22-2012, 02:50 PM
DJ was not proven guilty. Goodell said he was guilty.

Tombstone RJ
08-22-2012, 03:07 PM
Totally disagree.

I'm with Kaylor on this. People poo-poohing Goodell because he didn't start as a back woods scout or a low level coach at Midwestern Poly Tech College of Backwoods BS does not mean a friggen thing. Get real people.

He's and NFL man, he has worked is way UP, within the system. That USED to be considered a good thing but now, oh hell no. We need some ex-player or ex-scout moron running the show because, well, he played football or he's watched a lot of tape in some dark closet somewhere.

really? I mean, really?

Garcia Bronco
08-22-2012, 04:04 PM
Goodell's provided zero evidence of substance to prove that.

They showed it to Vilma according to the NFL legal dept.

Kaylore
08-22-2012, 05:08 PM
I'm with Kaylor on this. People poo-poohing Goodell because he didn't start as a back woods scout or a low level coach at Midwestern Poly Tech College of Backwoods BS does not mean a friggen thing. Get real people.

He's and NFL man, he has worked is way UP, within the system. That USED to be considered a good thing but now, oh hell no. We need some ex-player or ex-scout moron running the show because, well, he played football or he's watched a lot of tape in some dark closet somewhere.

really? I mean, really?

For me it's more about what you want out of the system. News flash: The NFL is a large, billion dollar industry that touches on multiple levels of marketing, finance and management. It's because of a sound bureaucratic infrastructure that it has grown to be what it is today. I know it isn't "sexy" and people can certainly assume that a bureaucrat doesn't always make the game better, but remember this guy works for people like Bowlen, The Mara and the Rooney Family. The owners will keep things in line.

Beantown Bronco
08-22-2012, 05:20 PM
What is the name of restaurant

DUI's

Not only will we get you drunk but, we'll show you how and where to get a DUI driving home

"Sauced" would actually work quite nicely as well.

errand
08-22-2012, 05:25 PM
DJ was not proven guilty. Goodell said he was guilty.

He was convicted of DWAI...which means he was proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt right?

gyldenlove
08-22-2012, 05:48 PM
For me it's more about what you want out of the system. News flash: The NFL is a large, billion dollar industry that touches on multiple levels of marketing, finance and management. It's because of a sound bureaucratic infrastructure that it has grown to be what it is today. I know it isn't "sexy" and people can certainly assume that a bureaucrat doesn't always make the game better, but remember this guy works for people like Bowlen, The Mara and the Rooney Family. The owners will keep things in line.

I believe the commissioner of the NFL especially is all about the day to day management, the major decisions are made at the owners meetings or during CBA negotiations with the NFLPA which is spearheaded by the owners and the legal team.

I don't agree with everything Goodell has done or every decision he has made, but I can see his reasoning - he is there to keep the NFL as the dominant pro sport, that means suspending Roethlisberger when he is getting too much bad press and scaring corporate sponsors. Goodell is like Joe Pesci in Casino, he does the dirty work and gets results so the owners can keep making money and smelling clean.

Aftermath
08-22-2012, 06:13 PM
DJ Williams is a piece of ****. I cant stand him. I think hes a good player but I dont want him on the Broncos. Plus all that Teflon dyme crap is hilariously stupid.

Requiem
08-22-2012, 06:50 PM
Dyme lyfe!

24champ
09-25-2012, 10:38 AM

really? I mean, really?

You were saying?

Goodell is a ****ing moron, that article I linked above nailed it.

Tombstone RJ
09-25-2012, 10:47 AM
You were saying?

Goodell is a ****ing moron, that article I linked above nailed it.

meh, when you find someone else who can do a better job I'll be happy to listen. Who do you recommend?

menonite
09-25-2012, 10:50 AM
meh, when you find someone else who can do a better job I'll be happy to listen. Who do you recommend?

http://i.imgur.com/DY2Pr.jpg

24champ
09-25-2012, 10:52 AM

Tony Dungy, he'd bring some integrity and credibility back.

menonite
09-25-2012, 10:55 AM
I don't think that "integrity and credibility" go hand in hand with a job where you are basically a mouthpiece for your boss. You say what they tell you to say. When you take that job you sign up to be a human puppet.

I would be greatly disappointed in Tony Dungy if he took a job where he became a shill

Tombstone RJ
09-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Tony Dungy, he'd bring some integrity and credibility back.

Interesting...

Tombstone RJ
09-25-2012, 10:56 AM
I don't think that "integrity and credibility" go hand in hand with a job where you are basically a mouthpiece for your boss. You say what they tell you to say. When you take that job you sign up to be a human puppet.

I would be greatly disappointed in Tony Dungy if he took a job where he became a shill

Also, I doubt Dungy would even want the job

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-25-2012, 11:03 AM
Condoleeza Rice

menonite
09-25-2012, 11:04 AM
That's made by Zataran's right?

Tombstone RJ
09-25-2012, 11:04 AM
Condoleeza Rice

Haha! I was waiting for her name. We know she at least wants the job!

maven
09-25-2012, 12:04 PM
I guess this is good free advertising since I didn't even know this restaurant existed.

colonelbeef
09-25-2012, 12:18 PM

there is a lot of stupid in this post

lolcopter
09-25-2012, 12:42 PM
there is a lot of stupid in this post

International games are a retarded idea from a retarded commish

maher_tyler
09-25-2012, 02:39 PM
International games are a retarded idea from a retarded commish

I agree.