PDA

View Full Version : The Little Known Manning Effect

RhymesayersDU
08-21-2012, 08:40 PM
I just sold my tickets for Sunday's game for face value on TicketExchange. I've only had my tickets for 3 years, but I've never been able to give these things away.

Thank you, Bionic Neck!

Bacchus
08-21-2012, 09:00 PM
I hear Pittsburgh tickets are going $500 a pop.

Simply Red
08-21-2012, 09:04 PM
I just sold my tickets for Sunday's game for face value on TicketExchange. I've only had my tickets for 3 years, but I've never been able to give these things away.

Thank you, Bionic Neck!

Good Christ that's super! ROFL

DBroncos4life
08-21-2012, 09:09 PM
It's good to know that the Steelers fans will have to pay more to go watch a game at our stadium now.

RhymesayersDU
08-21-2012, 09:10 PM

Oh God, don't tell me that.

I'm going to that game come hell or high water, but it makes me think. That could cover the entire season.

pricejj
08-21-2012, 09:13 PM

I'm going to that game come hell or high water, but it makes me think. That could cover the entire season.

For the love of MethWolfe, by god, don't do it captain.

BroncoBeavis
08-21-2012, 09:55 PM

I find that hard to believe, unless maybe they're 50 yard line lower level.

And I've seen a lot of people say stuff like this though based on early pricing. Most of those sellers are just fishing for some sucker willing to overpay. I can't imagine this kind of pricing holding out through game week.

But then I just showed my wife what tickets are listed for in our section and she asked me if I really needed to go to that game. :)

Bacchus
08-21-2012, 10:11 PM
I find that hard to believe, unless maybe they're 50 yard line lower level.

And I've seen a lot of people say stuff like this though based on early pricing. Most of those sellers are just fishing for some sucker willing to overpay. I can't imagine this kind of pricing holding out through game week.

But then I just showed my wife what tickets are listed for in our section and she asked me if I really needed to go to that game. :)

Manning in Denver, Plus rabid Steeler fans, The tickets will be very high.

BroncoBeavis
08-21-2012, 10:14 PM
Manning in Denver, Plus rabid Steeler fans, The tickets will be very high.

High, but not $300 south stands high. There's virtually nothing listed below $200.

Swedish Extrovert
08-22-2012, 12:16 AM

I paid for my season tickets by selling my Steelers tickets.

NYBroncoManiac
08-22-2012, 05:53 AM

And now the stands will be full of terrible towels

theAPAOps5
08-22-2012, 05:57 AM

Looking at the exchange they are going for more. Get this, Pittsburg fans are bitching about not finding tickets too. Good job Denver fans!

Rabb
08-22-2012, 06:16 AM
I refused to sell my tickets last year to the Steelers game and I am so glad I didn't. I don't care if they would pay for the next 2 years, the whole reason I bought them was for memories like that.

Seriously, don't do it.

lolcopter
08-22-2012, 06:41 AM
Yeah I'm def going to that game, if you're gonna sell tickets to the regular season home opener please please please sell them to bronco fans and not those dirty steeler douches

BroncoBeavis
08-22-2012, 07:59 AM
I refused to sell my tickets last year to the Steelers game and I am so glad I didn't. I don't care if they would pay for the next 2 years, the whole reason I bought them was for memories like that.

Seriously, don't do it.

Yeah, I'd be so pissed at myself for the rest of my life if I'd sold off that playoff game.

Never experienced anything else like it.

crush17
08-22-2012, 08:50 AM

Did you sell them to Steelers fans?

RaiderH8r
08-22-2012, 09:36 AM
Did you sell them to Steelers fans?

That's really the issue. I hate those colon piping assclowns more than I hate AIDS pudding. And I hate AIDS pudding.

BroncoBeavis
08-22-2012, 09:46 AM
And I hate AIDS pudding.

Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Anyway If you sell them on the exchange, you have no idea where they end up.

Swedish Extrovert
08-22-2012, 11:18 AM
I don't know who bought them, but I'll find out from the season ticket holders behind me.

Seriously... you're on a budget and you have Broncos season tickets - would you let go of one game to ba able to pay for the rest of the tickets? I would - it's not my fault Steelers fans are dumb enough to pay $600 for a football ticket, lol.

Last year I sold the Pats tickets to pay for the rest of the season. Some couple from Aspen (Broncos fans) bought them. "Wine and cheese" types, but Bronco fans no less.

lolcopter
08-22-2012, 11:20 AM
"Wine and cheese" types, but Bronco fans no less.

Not out of the norm ever since the new stadium went up

ludo21
08-22-2012, 12:24 PM
id sell if getting double or triple face value.

crush17
08-22-2012, 01:14 PM
Understandable. I just hate the Steelers and their fans, and hate seeing that stadium so full of them.

enjolras
08-22-2012, 01:20 PM
With tickets running up that high it might be 3/4 Steelers fans to be honest. There are like 200 or so complete sets of season tickets for sale on Craigslist.

That said, this time of year tickets are ALWAYS being advertised for at least double face value. They come back to earth closer to kickoff.

Mountain Bronco
08-22-2012, 01:25 PM
The steelers fans travel well and will pay a fortune, but hopefully with the local demand there won't be as many steelers fans.

I am still looking for tickets to the Broncos Saints Game (4 would be great). Hit me up

Requiem
08-22-2012, 02:45 PM
I was able to get four endzone seats for 75 bucks a pop (endzone Prater hit the game winner against the Bears) from my friend who is a season ticket holder and I had people offer my 5 times that amount to go to the game, but I just couldn't pull the trigger on it. Quick way to make a grand or so, but meh. Rather have the memory.

spdirty
08-22-2012, 03:57 PM

http://bouldertickets.com/DENVER-BRONCOS-VS-PITTSBURGH-STEELERS-TICKETS/1863673

You heard wrong. Still way overpriced but they aren't that crazy.

HILife
08-22-2012, 05:23 PM

Thank you, Bionic Neck!

LOL lots of good **** on the Mane today.

g00fyfoot
08-22-2012, 05:25 PM
They start at $170 on stubhub (plus 10% of course).

I've decided I don't care about squeeler fans at mile high, just because I'm tired of hearing about it. It's just the way it is these days. Go to ketchup field and exact your revenge of obnoxiousness next time if it bothers you that much.

broncocalijohn
08-22-2012, 06:35 PM

Thank you, Bionic Neck!

I blew it! The night before, I sold them for $79.99, a 1 cent under face value. Then again, last year I would have got maybe $50 a piece. Manning helps out a ton on those crappy games. I didn't lose any money on preseason. First time in my 17 years of being a season ticket holder.

broncocalijohn
08-22-2012, 06:39 PM
I don't know who bought them, but I'll find out from the season ticket holders behind me.

Seriously... you're on a budget and you have Broncos season tickets - would you let go of one game to ba able to pay for the rest of the tickets? I would - it's not my fault Steelers fans are dumb enough to pay $600 for a football ticket, lol.

Last year I sold the Pats tickets to pay for the rest of the season. Some couple from Aspen (Broncos fans) bought them. "Wine and cheese" types, but Bronco fans no less.

Just think, those Steeler fans paid a lot of money to watch their team lose in the playoffs. Even though you missed out in person, it was a win-win situation for everyone involved (except the sap of a Steeler fan).

lolcopter
08-22-2012, 06:40 PM
They start at $170 on stubhub (plus 10% of course).

I've decided I don't care about squeeler fans at mile high, just because I'm tired of hearing about it. It's just the way it is these days. Go to ketchup field and exact your revenge of obnoxiousness next time if it bothers you that much.

A -- other fans are fine, but steelers fans are some of the worst

B -- why in the hell would anyone want to go to Pittsburg