PDA

View Full Version : Is Russell Wilson really that good?

KCStud
08-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Or is Matt Flynn that bad?

Wilson is starting over Flynn on Friday night in KC in the 3rd preseason game, per Schefter.

You guys just saw him. Is he really worth the hype he's getting?

It's pretty cool to see Russell mock the haters who said he wouldn't be worth anything because he isn't 6 feet tall.

errand
08-21-2012, 10:50 AM
We'll see....one good half of preseason football does not a career make..

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-21-2012, 10:53 AM
He looked pretty damn good, and if he'd been 6'3", he would have been a first rounder. Tons of talent, smarts, good arm, reads defenses well, and is extremely mobile.

Tombstone RJ
08-21-2012, 10:54 AM
He's like a more mobil Drew Brees. He sure made the Broncos defense look silly. That being said, he made some amazing plays. He was all but sacked and he'd throw up the ball for like a 30 yard completion.

Now, can he do this all the time? I don't know. However, he sure seems like he's got scary good potential.

bronco militia
08-21-2012, 10:56 AM
he was smooth as silk against the broncos 2nd team....I think the Broncos blitzed on almost every play in the 2nd half.

crush17
08-21-2012, 10:58 AM
He's going to be a good one, I think.

Dedhed
08-21-2012, 11:01 AM
People need to relax. Basing career projections on 30 minutes of football is not wise.

Dedhed
08-21-2012, 11:02 AM
He's like a more mobil Drew Brees.

Case in point.

Lestat
08-21-2012, 11:06 AM
far too early to tell, if early impressions meant everything Manning would have been a so-so QB after his rookie seasons, Favre would have been a 3rd stringer and Kurt Warner would have been playing in the Arena League into perpetuity.

he looks like he'll be a definite factor in the QB discussion for the Hawks and could develop into a very nice QB.
but it's still only the preseason and he's still not played a full meaningful game, much less a full season.

Requiem
08-21-2012, 11:08 AM
He is just a playmaker. I am definitely rooting for him to succeed in the NFL!

RhymesayersDU
08-21-2012, 11:13 AM

/thread

Tombstone RJ
08-21-2012, 11:16 AM
People need to relax. Basing career projections on 30 minutes of football is not wise.

correct me if I'm wrong here, but this is a football fan site message board, right?

case in point.

gyldenlove
08-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Honestly, he did not look that good to me. He was holding the ball too long and he didn't have enough zip on his passes to get it done against an NFL defense. Had it been Russell out there against our 1st team instead of Flynn it wouldn't have changed much.

Garcia Bronco
08-21-2012, 11:20 AM
He was playing or 2nd and 3rd string, but he did look good even when we brought 5 or 6. That's not vanilla defense. Matt Flynn looked good too.

WolfpackGuy
08-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Yes

OBF1
08-21-2012, 11:34 AM
Is Wilson that good or is our 2nd and 3rd teams that bad??? Personally I hope he is that good, would hate to think our scrubs suck that bad.

houghtam
08-21-2012, 11:35 AM
He's good.

Too soon to tell if he'll be the real deal at the NFL level, but people forget that he'll be 24 before the end of the season, has four years experience as a starter for two different marquee programs in college, and played 100 games as a professional baseball player.

He's smart, athletic, and has the tools you need to be a success. I think he's as good as advertised.

hookemhess
08-21-2012, 11:38 AM
He's looked pretty crafty back there. Obviously they want to see him against 1's. I'm personally rooting for the guy.

Archie
08-21-2012, 11:40 AM
That was my number 1 biggest takeaway from the game. Russell Wilson was head and shoulders above Matt Flynn. Granted he played against the 2nd + stringers, but he also played with 2nd+ stringers.

However, Russell was accurate in his throws, had command of the offense, scrambled very effectively and directed traffic while was doing it. It was clear to me after watching him that he would be the starting QB within a matter of weeks.

Action
08-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Honestly, he did not look that good to me. He was holding the ball too long and he didn't have enough zip on his passes to get it done against an NFL defense. Had it been Russell out there against our 1st team instead of Flynn it wouldn't have changed much.

Out of all aspects of his game you think he doesn't have the arm strength? So Philip Rivers is not an indication of anything... correct?

And you do realize Drew Brees doesn't exactly have a rocket arm.

His ability to evade the sack is enough to warrant something above of "he did not look that good to me."

You also realize we brought heavy bltizes in bulk throughout the 2nd half?

Not sure why there are so many clown armchair GM on forums...

Ronnie Tsunami
08-21-2012, 12:06 PM
If he showed me ANYTHING, it was phenomenal pocket poise. Generally, the highly touted rookies boast cannon arms, blazing speed or leadership, but almost never pocket presence.

Sure, Russell does have a bit of all (not much of an arm), but his forte is pocket presence and accuracy, and he proved it with that game. That is SUCH an anomaly as a rookie quarterback, and I think that's why this guy deserves a bit of attention.

BroncoBen
08-21-2012, 12:07 PM
That was my number 1 biggest takeaway from the game. Russell Wilson was head and shoulders above Matt Flynn. Granted he played against the 2nd + stringers, but he also played with 2nd+ stringers.

However, Russell was accurate in his throws, had command of the offense, scrambled very effectively and directed traffic while was doing it. It was clear to me after watching him that he would be the starting QB within a matter of weeks.

Russell was one of the QBs I was hoping the Broncos would draft in the later rounds, and yes he is that good. Granted a lot can change going up against #1 defenses in the NFL, and this week he will get that test going against the Chiefs starting defense.

Makes you wonder what direction the FO would have gone if the Manning wasn't signed.

Would they have gone after a Wilson over Osweiler, you can see the difference in the QBs .. not that Osweiler is not going to be a good QB .. Wilson right now can start right now.

razorwire77
08-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Wilson looks really good to me. Kid was a stud as a Badger. Size scares off teams. A lot of times the NFL seems to prefer a p***y with prototypical size to a guy that is a little short that can actually play. And Wilson certainly seems like he can play at this level.

Agamemnon
08-21-2012, 12:11 PM
Flynn was terrible last game. Looks like Kolb part II to me. Wilson was very impressive against backups where no real game-planning was involved, but he's still a rookie. If he's the starter from the beginning of the season he will almost certainly struggle. I do think he has the potential to overcome his height though, so in the long-term Seattle may have really scored by drafting him.

lolcopter
08-21-2012, 12:12 PM
He shows good poise and improvisation which is half the battle

Given that the only legitimate knock against the guy is his height, I can see him becoming successful in this league. Wouldn't mind if he was on our roster fwiw

I also don't think flynn was that horrible, as the gameplan was obviously to get TO involved which did not happen. However Flynn has yet to show that he can move that offense down the field so I wouldn't be surprised to hear Wilson chants should things not pick up for flynn

broncocalijohn
08-21-2012, 12:12 PM
We'll see....one good half of preseason football against all backups and dudes going to be cut does not a career make..

Added some important items. From what I saw, he is exciting but I also saw Clemens when he was a Charger and Miami fell in love with him as a backup. SInce he is starting against KC's top defenders, that should be the real test.

swaiy
08-21-2012, 12:14 PM
He's better than Matt Cassel

gyldenlove
08-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Out of all aspects of his game you think he doesn't have the arm strength? So Philip Rivers is not an indication of anything... correct?

And you do realize Drew Brees doesn't exactly have a rocket arm.

His ability to evade the sack is enough to warrant something above of "he did not look that good to me."

You also realize we brought heavy bltizes in bulk throughout the 2nd half?

Not sure why there are so many clown armchair GM on forums...

I am just going to go cry now, Mr Nobody disagrees with me on a football forum......

LOL, you have seen him play 2 quarters against backups, several of whom will be unemployed in a couple of weeks and you are putting him on the same page as Brees (super bowl MVP, 2 time offensive player of the year and all time single season passing record holder) and Philip Rivers (4 time pro bowler)?
You are ****ing right Philip Rivers and Drew Brees are not an indication of anything relevant to Wilson.

Yes, his ability to evade career backup and rookies and complete passes on people so far down the depth chart you have to use page down to find them clearly indicates that he is a pro bowler and future super bowl MVP.

Why do these asshats keep popping up? couldn't we have a link to broncomania or something...

Smiling Assassin27
08-21-2012, 12:24 PM
He's a gamer...he's a baller...he's a shot caller....

http://thesportingsnarf.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/ackbayless1.jpg

broncosteven
08-21-2012, 12:40 PM
Personally I think teams should stop giving $10mill bonuses to QB's who have one good game like Flynn and Kolb and get a QB through the draft.

It would be insane if Wilson starts over Flynn just on a $ standpoint.

I only watched the 1st 20 minutes of the Seahags game and thought Flynn was holding or the coverage was outstanding.

Garcia Bronco
08-21-2012, 12:50 PM
Personally I think teams should stop giving $10mill bonuses to QB's who have one good game like Flynn and Kolb and get a QB through the draft.

It would be insane if Wilson starts over Flynn just on a $ standpoint.

I only watched the 1st 20 minutes of the Seahags game and thought Flynn was holding or the coverage was outstanding.

Flynn would have been toast except for the blatant-consistent holding by the Seahawks line.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-21-2012, 01:06 PM
Would Wilson have played that way against Denver's first defense? Unlikely. Which is probably the reason they are starting him this week. To see what he can do against a starting defense.

Not so much a question of how good he is, but a question of how much lack of depth this defense really has.

gunns
08-21-2012, 01:07 PM

Me too. I don't know if he'll prove to be what he was at Wisconsin or last Saturday but those kind of performances are why I wanted him in the draft.

cmhargrove
08-21-2012, 01:28 PM

Yes, but Flynn got all his hype from basically one game too.

jonny1
08-21-2012, 01:34 PM

That pic is disturbing on so many levels . . . .

Pony Boy
08-21-2012, 01:48 PM

Yes he's a baller .......

Action
08-21-2012, 02:23 PM
I am just going to go cry now, Mr Nobody disagrees with me on a football forum......

LOL, you have seen him play 2 quarters against backups, several of whom will be unemployed in a couple of weeks and you are putting him on the same page as Brees (super bowl MVP, 2 time offensive player of the year and all time single season passing record holder) and Philip Rivers (4 time pro bowler)?
You are ****ing right Philip Rivers and Drew Brees are not an indication of anything relevant to Wilson.

Yes, his ability to evade career backup and rookies and complete passes on people so far down the depth chart you have to use page down to find them clearly indicates that he is a pro bowler and future super bowl MVP.

Why do these asshats keep popping up? couldn't we have a link to broncomania or something...

So now you want to bring up who he's playing against? At first you said he didn't look good, now you're saying his opposition is weak...? Pick your argument.

I am not comparing him to Rivers or Brees in terms of anything but arm strength... that's it, and I made that fairly obvious.

You sound like a girl, your whole response is based on over exaggerating everything I said, and you come nothing close to even responding to anything I said. No where did I say he is Philip Rivers and Drew Brees as a whole package QB. but you go off rambling about how great Brees and Rivers are...Hilarious!

Yes, but thank you for further strengthening my point. Brees is a super bowl MVP and Rivers is a 4 time pro bowler, both whom which arms are not great.

Pony Boy
08-21-2012, 02:37 PM

Rolandftw
08-21-2012, 02:41 PM
He's a rookie so I'm sure there will be some struggles. With that said, I'd be willing to bet Wilson makes a number of teams regret passing him up. KC and Denver among them.

Anikai
08-21-2012, 02:50 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/14881.png&w=350&h=254http://www.shockya.com/news/wp-content/uploads/kal_penn_obama.jpg

SportinOne
08-21-2012, 02:57 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/14881.png&w=350&h=254http://www.shockya.com/news/wp-content/uploads/kal_penn_obama.jpg

No.

DENVERDUI55
08-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Well they know what they got with Flynn a game manager and minimizer of mistakes. They just want to see if Wilson can make plays with the 1's. Props to them it's only preseason. The only thing seattle can make sure of is they will have a QB controversy.

SportinOne
08-21-2012, 03:06 PM
Wilson is as cool as a cucumber in the pocket. He's smart, too. He came into Wisconsin last year and learned the playbook seemingly overnight. If it weren't for two late-game defensive miscues against MSU and OSU last season, Wilson would have led the Badgers to the National Title game. The National Freaking Title game and that is something I don't think UW had been to since the 1940s. He walked into an offensive he had no knowledge of, teamed up with players he had never played with before, and he (for all practical purposes) played well enough to go to the god damn championship game.

Will he be good enough to some day be considered in the same breath as a Brady, Brees, or Manning? That may be a bit of a stretch. But he has all the tools to be a quarterback that leads his team, doesn't make mistakes, and has that Roethlesburger ability to extend the play and make something out of nothing.

Hopefully, Brock has more than size and arm strength.

KCStud
08-21-2012, 03:22 PM
I think Wilson was one of the harder QB's to read in the draft. He looked awesome at Wisconsin, but he also had the best OL in the college and some guy named Montee Ball to hand it off too.

I didn't watch the Broncos game, but I saw a highlight of Flynn throwing a nice deep pass and TO ruining it.

Jay3
08-21-2012, 03:51 PM
It's a strike against him that Pete Carroll chooses him and starts him.

Sort of an "opposite rule" going on there.

DENVERDUI55
08-21-2012, 04:37 PM
I think Wilson was one of the harder QB's to read in the draft. He looked awesome at Wisconsin, but he also had the best OL in the college and some guy named Montee Ball to hand it off too.

I didn't watch the Broncos game, but I saw a highlight of Flynn throwing a nice deep pass and TO ruining it.

Well Seattles OL and RB are a lot better than Wisconsins.

KCStud
08-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Well Seattles OL and RB are a lot better than Wisconsins.

The Seattle OL tha gave up 50 sacks (4th in the NFL) last year? I think it will be a transition going from the best OL in college to one of the worst in the NFL.

Heyneck
08-21-2012, 04:53 PM

case in point... Kevin Kolb.

Turd_Ferguson
08-21-2012, 05:14 PM
Wilson looked good but they would just be completely retarded to start him over a guy they just spent a fortune on. Let him sit for awhile and learn. Flynn didn't look bad. That ball to TO was BEA U TI FUL, and that dumb ass dropped it.

I know I know "Quarterbacks don't sit and learn anymore thats just stupid!", but why create a QB controversy? You play Wilson and he sucks a few games everyone will cry their eyes out they spent money on Flynn and didn't play him, so you bring him in with all this extra pressure to turn the season around. Just play Flynn and see how it goes.

gyldenlove
08-21-2012, 05:25 PM
So now you want to bring up who he's playing against? At first you said he didn't look good, now you're saying his opposition is weak...? Pick your argument.

I am not comparing him to Rivers or Brees in terms of anything but arm strength... that's it, and I made that fairly obvious.

You sound like a girl, your whole response is based on over exaggerating everything I said, and you come nothing close to even responding to anything I said. No where did I say he is Philip Rivers and Drew Brees as a whole package QB. but you go off rambling about how great Brees and Rivers are...Hilarious!

Yes, but thank you for further strengthening my point. Brees is a super bowl MVP and Rivers is a 4 time pro bowler, both whom which arms are not great.

He played poorly against weak opposition, that is about as bad as it gets.

So you are saying all you need to be a super succesful QB is to not have a powerful arm? John Elway, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger and several other super bowl MVPs wonder where you got that idea and if maybe you want to think it over once more before you try it out in public.

You didn't have a point, and I did in deed highlight that - thank you for playing, if at any point you want a rematch let me know, we can find a topic you might be more familiar with - you will more of a chance that way.

Action
08-21-2012, 05:46 PM
He played poorly against weak opposition, that is about as bad as it gets.

Care to back that up with some evidence or find anyone that will even come remotely close to agreeing with you?

Because that is the most outrageous statement in this thread, moreso than saying he will be as good as Drew Brees <---- that actually has potential.

Don't worry, I won't post up his stats/highlights so you'll have a "chance" to try and respond.

I'm also pretty sure at this point you'll have nothing else relevant to say, so you also have my permission to change the topic and add more mumbo jumbo.

errand
08-21-2012, 05:59 PM
Yes, but Flynn got all his hype from basically one game too.

Flynn's two game audition as a starter was against the Patriots and the Lions....playoff teams, mind you...during the regular season and his numbers were -

40-66 (60.6%) 433 yards 3 TD's and 2 INT's vs. Patriots despite being sacked 5 times

33-49 (67.3%) 518 yards 6 TD's and 2 INT's vs. Lions despite being sacked 7 times

He showed enough in those two games that he could play well against top competition, albeit with a pretty good supporting cast. Is he worth $10 million...probably not...but being excited about his potential makes more sense after his two starts against playoff teams vs. Wilson's 30 minute preseason audition vs. scrubs.

Dedhed
08-21-2012, 09:06 PM
correct me if I'm wrong here, but this is a football fan site message board, right?

case in point.
Umm...I gave a football take. Not sure what you're talking about, and I doubt you are either.

Captain 'Dre
08-22-2012, 10:38 AM
He looked pretty damn good, and if he'd been 6'3", he would have been a first rounder. Tons of talent, smarts, good arm, reads defenses well, and is extremely mobile.

Disagree. He'd have been a 1st rounder even at a solid 6' 1". :)

Memento
08-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Or is Matt Flynn that bad?

Wilson is starting over Flynn on Friday night in KC in the 3rd preseason game, per Schefter.

You guys just saw him. Is he really worth the hype he's getting?

It's pretty cool to see Russell mock the haters who said he wouldn't be worth anything because he isn't 6 feet tall.

He's pretty good.

Kaylore
08-24-2012, 06:44 PM
10/15 for 159 yards and two TD's in KC against their starters.

Action
08-24-2012, 07:15 PM
Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

DENVERDUI55
08-24-2012, 07:16 PM
The Seattle OL tha gave up 50 sacks (4th in the NFL) last year? I think it will be a transition going from the best OL in college to one of the worst in the NFL.

Again my original post went waaaaaay over your head. I didn't say that Seattle had a great line just it was better than the best in college. Yes the best OL in the NFL is a hell of a lot better than that line he had in college. Now sure he won't face the DL's he did in college because few of them actually contribute in the NFL.

SportinOne
08-24-2012, 07:32 PM
Again my original post went waaaaaay over your head. I didn't say that Seattle had a great line just it was better than the best in college. Yes the best OL in the NFL is a hell of a lot better than that line he had in college. Now sure he won't face the DL's he did in college because few of them actually contribute in the NFL.

It's all relative. It doesn't matter if Seattle's line is better than Wisconsins, it's about how good Wisconsin's was compared to its competition vs. how good Seattles is versus its competition. The answer to this little riddle is that Seattle is not a good team. They are not a bad team.. They are mediocre, personified. Going back to Wilson, he was definitely aided by having superior talent around him. Now that he doesn't have that, what will he do? Well, he had a great game tonight. They won't all be like that, but you can see the parts of his game that seem to translate to the prospect of him being very successful.

Cool in the pocket
Makes good decisions, quickly
Accuracy
Touch
Mobility
Leadership

Tombstone RJ
08-24-2012, 07:35 PM
Umm...I gave a football take. Not sure what you're talking about, and I doubt you are either.

whatever, thanks for your imput.

broncosteven
08-24-2012, 07:52 PM
I didn't think Wilson was that much better. Flynn had a beautiful TD that TO dropped after beating Harris I think.

I didn't think Wilson was worth all the hype, he was playing vs our 2nd and 3rd teamers.

elsid13
08-25-2012, 04:30 AM
It's preseason.

Agamemnon
08-25-2012, 01:10 PM
I didn't think Wilson was that much better. Flynn had a beautiful TD that TO dropped after beating Harris I think.

I didn't think Wilson was worth all the hype, he was playing vs our 2nd and 3rd teamers.

And he just shredded the Chiefs' 1st team...

Goobzilla
08-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Officially named Week 1 starter.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/26/seahawks-name-russell-wilson-starting-quarterback/

Agamemnon
08-26-2012, 07:25 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/26/seahawks-name-russell-wilson-starting-quarterback/

And somewhere Matt Flynn broke some stuff and cried. Backup once again...

gyldenlove
08-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Care to back that up with some evidence or find anyone that will even come remotely close to agreeing with you?

Because that is the most outrageous statement in this thread, moreso than saying he will be as good as Drew Brees <---- that actually has potential.

Don't worry, I won't post up his stats/highlights so you'll have a "chance" to try and respond.

I'm also pretty sure at this point you'll have nothing else relevant to say, so you also have my permission to change the topic and add more mumbo jumbo.

If you can't get over stats and evaluate how a player was on the field, I am not even going to bother.

You are right that claiming he will be on Drew Brees level is utterly ridiculous and I still can't work out why you did it.

The fact is he can't throw to the outside with speed, he goes through his progressions too slowly to deal with blitzes and his accuracy was suspect in that game despite often having people open. He had a few badly errant throws including 2 that could easily have been picked off.

gyldenlove
08-26-2012, 07:56 PM
It's all relative. It doesn't matter if Seattle's line is better than Wisconsins, it's about how good Wisconsin's was compared to its competition vs. how good Seattles is versus its competition. The answer to this little riddle is that Seattle is not a good team. They are not a bad team.. They are mediocre, personified. Going back to Wilson, he was definitely aided by having superior talent around him. Now that he doesn't have that, what will he do? Well, he had a great game tonight. They won't all be like that, but you can see the parts of his game that seem to translate to the prospect of him being very successful.

Cool in the pocket
Makes good decisions, quickly
Accuracy
Touch
Mobility
Leadership

As Andrew Luck showed us so beautifully against the Rams even a rookie can look stellar against a bad enough team - sadly the Seahawks won't be playing the Chiefs 16 times this year - they might have had a chance.

theAPAOps5
08-26-2012, 08:03 PM
And somewhere Matt Flynn broke some stuff and cried. Backup once again...

I doubt he feels this way but in my mind he has a few bills out of $10 million that he can use to dry ose tears.

Agamemnon
08-26-2012, 08:05 PM
If you can't get over stats and evaluate how a player was on the field, I am not even going to bother.

You are right that claiming he will be on Drew Brees level is utterly ridiculous and I still can't work out why you did it.

The fact is he can't throw to the outside with speed, he goes through his progressions too slowly to deal with blitzes and his accuracy was suspect in that game despite often having people open. He had a few badly errant throws including 2 that could easily have been picked off.

He's a rookie...

theAPAOps5
08-26-2012, 08:07 PM

That is so creepy

Bob's your Information Minister
08-26-2012, 08:10 PM
Chiefs could have had this guy.

Drafted a developmental, raw OT.

FML

canadianbroncosfan
08-26-2012, 08:17 PM

Well he's certainly earned it

boltaneer
08-26-2012, 09:13 PM
Chiefs could have had this guy.

Drafted a developmental, raw OT.

FML

Pioli apparently loves Cassel as much as KCStud does.

RhymesayersDU
08-26-2012, 09:23 PM
Major props to Pete Carroll/Seattle management for not forcing Matt Flynn just because they handed him a big contract. A lot of franchises wouldn't have done that.

Majik
08-26-2012, 09:42 PM
Russell can do it all, even catch touchdowns passes from Montee Ball....
https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUvewu115GUpp3udGqgTFrShfPDfzWn bL01WpXiWDctiX4rpga

Majik
08-26-2012, 09:47 PM
Russell even took the time to stop and smell the roses on his way to NFL super-stardom.
https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAfI2lXIrm58nxb4gNqCoHmn93I3_4M TZ7nxFCTu7hdfhtMtQA-g

A complete class act, I can already envision Russell supplanting Don Majkowski as my all time favorite NFL QB.

Bob's your Information Minister
08-26-2012, 10:18 PM
Pioli apparently loves Cassel as much as KCStud does.

In the end, a year from now, Pioli is going to look like a fool for choosing Cassel over Josh Freeman, Kyle Orton and now Russell Wilson.

Josh Freeman is going to have a very good year. The Chiefs could have picked him instead of Tyson Jackson, who is merely a good player, not a Pro Bowler, who could have been found in the second or third round.

Kyle Orton was ON OUR ROSTER last year and we ****ed that up. No, he's probably not gonna win any Super Bowls, but he could have won games with our lineup on offense. He can throw the ball down the field. Cassel can't.

Russell Wilson looks awesome.

ZONA
08-26-2012, 11:33 PM

I could see if it was one of our guys and people would be kinda stoked. But to ask if another player from another team, who looked good in 30 minutes of preseason football as a rookie playing against 2nd team? Good lord.

Arkie
02-03-2014, 02:38 PM

He's got potential.