PDA

View Full Version : IAOFM roster projection...(renamed)

pricejj
08-21-2012, 08:14 AM
IAOFM.com projection...Neither one is able to practice yet, which probably means:

1. Eric Decker is your punt returner (at least he was at Monday's practice).
2. What you see is what you get at LB.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/lights-out-merriman-lard

Pick Six
08-21-2012, 09:06 AM
I would think that Brooking would get the benefit of the doubt, with a hamstring injury. He's a proven player, and hamstring injuries are recoverable...

HILife
08-21-2012, 09:07 AM
Joe Mays and John Fox (videos) spoke after practice yesterday, while Von Miller visited with NFLN. Mays says he was very disappointed with the Broncos' struggles defending the run on Saturday night, and more specifically, his own missed tackles.

Translation: I missed I **** load of tackles and suck as a starting LB.

Lestat
08-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Translation: I missed I **** load of tackles and suck as a starting LB.

Translation: This is why none of use could figure out why he got paid instead of getting a better MLB.

Bacchus
08-21-2012, 09:44 AM
Translation: This is why none of use could figure out why he got paid instead of getting a better MLB.

So who were they going to get?

Beantown Bronco
08-21-2012, 09:51 AM

We could've had this guy for a conditional 6th rounder. It's true. It's on the Mane.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rDPBetmT3Kc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DhroluJ2IPE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pricejj
08-21-2012, 09:58 AM

Hawthorne, Hightower, etc...

RhymesayersDU
08-21-2012, 10:01 AM
Oh look, a link rather than a copy/paste. You're evolving, price.

Ziggy
08-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Brooking may be 75 years old and slow, but he's still a better MLB than Joe 'wrong gap' Mays.

pricejj
08-21-2012, 10:09 AM

troll :oyvey:

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-21-2012, 10:10 AM

This

It's not the question of who were they going to get, its the question of why wasn't it made a priority. Had it been a priority more options would've come up. If us fans can see he is terrible at gaps and tackling, why can't the FO see it?

broncosteven
08-21-2012, 10:17 AM
Brooking may be 75 years old and slow, but he's still a better MLB than Joe 'wrong gap' Mays.

Mays needs to gain 50 lbs and move to DT

Ironlung
08-21-2012, 10:19 AM

I would've rather had old ass London Fletcher.

houghtam
08-21-2012, 10:35 AM
I would've rather had old ass London Fletcher.

I'd rather have old ass Simon Fletcher. LOL

Bacchus
08-21-2012, 10:43 AM
Hawthorne, Hightower, etc...

Sure if you wanted to use a high draft pick for Mays replacement.

JLesSPE
08-21-2012, 11:01 AM
Looks like the Jim Leonhard prediction is wrong, he's off the PUP today and practicing.

SoCalBronco
08-21-2012, 11:27 AM

Lol......I knew this was coming from you.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-21-2012, 11:28 AM
I'd rather have old ass Simon Fletcher. LOL

He's washing dishes at a restaurant in Loveland. Sign him up.

pricejj
08-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Looks like the Jim Leonhard prediction is wrong, he's off the PUP today and practicing.

If we keep Leonhard, we're rolling with 5 safeties...which means Unrein, Siliga, Mohamed, and Johnson will all be cut...

...and suddenly you're left with no depth at DT or MLB, with used or subpar veterans as starters...as per usual.

crush17
08-21-2012, 12:09 PM
Unrein will not be cut. Period.

RaiderH8r
08-21-2012, 12:18 PM
Sure if you wanted to use a high draft pick for Mays replacement.

Pass on Osweiler in favor of David still makes sense. But we were desperate for talent at QB since OL' whatshisname is a questionable talent at best.

RaiderH8r
08-21-2012, 12:20 PM
And old ass London Fletcher is an upgrade over The Whiffmeister.

pricejj
08-21-2012, 12:30 PM
Unrein will not be cut. Period.

That means you're going 3 deep at the NT position then...with 9 Defensive Lineman, and cut Leonhard?

DL: 9
LDE- Wolfe, Beal
NT - Bannan, Vickerson, Unrein
UT - Warren, Jackson
RDE - Dumervil, Ayers

LB: 6
SOLB: Miller, Irving
MLB: Mays, Mohamed
WOLB: Woodyard, Trevathan

CB: 6
LCB: Bailey, Harris, Carter
RCB: Porter, Florence, Bolden

Safety: 4
SS: Adams, Carter
FS: Moore, Bruton

1. Bruton is making it. He is our best Special Teamer....by far.
2. I don't see how you can cut Tony Carter, we need 6 CB's, and Carter is better than Bolden.
3. Going 3 deep at DT, and 9 on the DL is highly unusual.

crush17
08-21-2012, 12:32 PM
Malik Jackson goes to the PS.

Doggcow
08-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Ugh I wish we had gotten Lofton, Hawthorn

Bacchus
08-21-2012, 12:53 PM
Pass on Osweiler in favor of David still makes sense. But we were desperate for talent at QB since OL' whatshisname is a questionable talent at best.

Right or wrong Oz was an Elway ego pick.

Ziggy
08-21-2012, 01:15 PM
Malik Jackson goes to the PS.

Not likely. He's shown a nice interior presence in the first 2 preseason games, and he can swing outside to DE in a pinch. It's very unlikely that he would make it through waivers.

crush17
08-21-2012, 01:25 PM
Well, we're keeping 5 safeties like it or not, so I'm not sure where else we make sacrifices.

uk bronco
08-21-2012, 01:29 PM
I will be amazed angry and maybe even ill if Nate Irving makes the final roster, just did a game report for bronco blue's website and the number of tackles he missed was scary. After a year in the system he looks like a rookie trying to learn the system and nowhere near good enough to even make the practice squad. If we cant get Brooking fit we will struggle for the first 6 weeks without DJ. Also Russell Wilson looked to be a starting caliber QB and i think will steal Flynn's job by the end of the year.

pricejj
08-21-2012, 01:31 PM
I'm not mad at the Osweiler pick. He may end up winning us some games, and he may not, but you take that chance with any late 2nd rounder.

1. Broncos needed a backup QB - Timmy was too much of a distraction. Quinn wanted out. Hanie sucks, and Webber is ??? They had to draft a QB, the question is where? Let's say they drafted Russell Wilson in the 3rd, instead of Hillman. Then you're going into the year with McGahee and an average RB. I have high hopes for Hillman, I think he can win us some games. I think Osweiler can be a good backup QB THIS YEAR. Will he ever be a franchise guy? Who knows, but you get maybe 1 or 2 franchise QB's a year in the draft. Unless you plan on drafting in the top 3 (hopefully, we never will again), you're going to have to take some chances. I can live with spending a late 2nd rounder on Oz.

2. Passing on Lavonte David - In the offseason, we were looking at a 3 game suspension for D.J. if he would have taken the plea bargain...it has now ballooned into 10. Woodyard performed well last year in a reserve roll, and may become starter material...we haven't seen it yet, but it's possible. The Broncos also drafted Trevathan, who was the leading tackler in the SEC...he's no slouch.

3. Passing on Rueben Randle - How could he even get on the field? DT needs work, but you're not going to bench him for a rookie. Maybe you would move Decker into the slot and bench Stokley. Stokley has been looking real good so far...and Decker is better than Randle. Don't forget Caldwell and Willis. Remember, Manning makes average receivers look good. Nobody outside of the top 3 are going to get many catches this year anyway.

pricejj
08-21-2012, 01:35 PM
Well, we're keeping 5 safeties like it or not, so I'm not sure where else we make sacrifices.

Why not just make Decker the PR? You would never activate all 5 Safeties on game day anyway. So what are you going to do, deactivate Mike Adams or Q? I don't think so.

We need Bruton, we don't need Leonhard.

crush17
08-21-2012, 01:40 PM
Why not just make Decker the PR? You would never activate all 5 Safeties on game day anyway. So what are you going to do, deactivate Mike Adams or Q? I don't think so.

We need Bruton, we don't need Leonhard.

How do you know that? What if he comes out and plays better than people we already have "penciled in"?

He wasn't a bad player by any means when he was healthy.

NFLBRONCO
08-21-2012, 01:44 PM
I'm not mad at the Osweiler pick. He may end up winning us some games, and he may not, but you take that chance with any late 2nd rounder.

1. Broncos needed a backup QB - Timmy was too much of a distraction. Quinn wanted out. Hanie sucks, and Webber is ??? They had to draft a QB, the question is where? Let's say they drafted Russell Wilson in the 3rd, instead of Hillman. Then you're going into the year with McGahee and an average RB. I have high hopes for Hillman, I think he can win us some games. I think Osweiler can be a good backup QB THIS YEAR. Will he ever be a franchise guy? Who knows, but you get maybe 1 or 2 franchise QB's a year in the draft. Unless you plan on drafting in the top 3 (hopefully, we never will again), you're going to have to take some chances. I can live with spending a late 2nd rounder on Oz.

2. Passing on Lavonte David - In the offseason, we were looking at a 3 game suspension for D.J. if he would have taken the plea bargain...it has now ballooned into 10. Woodyard performed well last year in a reserve roll, and may become starter material...we haven't seen it yet, but it's possible. The Broncos also drafted Trevathan, who was the leading tackler in the SEC...he's no slouch.

3. Passing on Rueben Randle - How could he even get on the field? DT needs work, but you're not going to bench him for a rookie. Maybe you would move Decker into the slot and bench Stokley. Stokley has been looking real good so far...and Decker is better than Randle. Don't forget Caldwell and Willis. Remember, Manning makes average receivers look good. Nobody outside of the top 3 are going to get many catches this year anyway.

The reason it would have worked is DMT and Decker are known to get hurt alot. They did good last year but, I'd expect alot more action catching this year can they stay healthy. I think with Manning at QB you need 4 or 5 solid options for a 20 week season :).

pricejj
08-21-2012, 02:10 PM
How do you know that? What if he comes out and plays better than people we already have "penciled in"?

The Broncos can either keep Leonhard or Unrein, but not both.

pricejj
08-21-2012, 02:26 PM
The reason it would have worked is DMT and Decker are known to get hurt alot. They did good last year but, I'd expect alot more action catching this year can they stay healthy. I think with Manning at QB you need 4 or 5 solid options for a 20 week season :).

Caldwell is solid. Willis and Hill could be solid too.

The question comes down to whether you think the Broncos needed to draft a backup QB or not. I say they did. Therefore, you would have had to use the Ronnie Hillman pick on Russell Wilson, and would have been free to draft whoever you want at #57.

At the 57th pick, what do you think we needed more?:

a) a good RB
b) a backup WR
c) a WOLB (even when D.J.'s suspension was looking iffy, and we have WW3)

I'm choosing A, "a good RB". Therefore, I would have taken Hillman at #57, and Russell Wilson at #67 (in hindsight).

So basically what were arguing about here, is that Wilson looked much better than Osweiler in the 2nd preseason game...and we are pissed off about it. Maybe we should have spent a high 3rd on Wilson, maybe not. Looks like we're going to find out real soon how Wilson does against the Chiefs 1st string Defense. I'm not going to fault Elway for not picking Russell Wilson. Everybody knew he was a more finished product than Oz coming out of college. I was pissed at the Oz pick too, but it makes a lot of sense when you think about it, because we needed to draft a QB anyway.

pricejj
08-21-2012, 02:40 PM
Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043
Jim leonhard now is active. Dude is short. Much props for being in the league. I'm not quite taller but I'm damn close

Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043
Kind of a big development Robert ayers was playing tackle in the nickel over unrein. Ayers may get a little but of a different look.

Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043
It may be a comeback. I had manning 13 for 15 today in team. It was all short to medium throws.Manning spent a bunch of extra time coaching up Hillman on how to run red zone routes.

Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043
As manning was doing that the other qb's were on a different field. Manning did not throw any deep passes today but was deadly accurate

Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043
In the nickel the broncos were lining up Wolfe bannan ayers and Dumervil. I was told Ty warren was here today but I didn't see much of him

Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043
Q carter and Rahim Moore were sharing time.

ColoradoBuff
08-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Tony Carter sucks!!!

ColoradoBuff
08-21-2012, 02:54 PM
The Broncos can either keep Leonhard or Unrein, but not both.

John, is that you?

crush17
08-21-2012, 02:54 PM
Tony Carter sucks!!!

I thought he looked pretty good on Saturday night honestly.
Still don't think he makes the team though.

ColoradoBuff
08-21-2012, 03:08 PM
I will be amazed angry and maybe even ill if Nate Irving makes the final roster, just did a game report for bronco blue's website and the number of tackles he missed was scary. After a year in the system he looks like a rookie trying to learn the system and nowhere near good enough to even make the practice squad. If we cant get Brooking fit we will struggle for the first 6 weeks without DJ. Also Russell Wilson looked to be a starting caliber QB and i think will steal Flynn's job by the end of the year.

missed just as many as Joe "Whiff" Mays!

pricejj
08-21-2012, 03:19 PM
John, is that you?

Would I like to touch it? Of course I want to touch it...

HAT
08-21-2012, 03:59 PM

Burfict
:strong:

Bacchus
08-21-2012, 04:22 PM

I think David could be a good player, but he is in the same mold as both Woodyard and Trevathan. He is small and will be over powered. In fact I believe he is smaller than both Woodyard and Trevathan. I would say he is like having another physical safety on the field and he does have some pass rushing skills. Is he going to make people forget about Oz? Well, I guess we won't know that question for about 3 or 4 years hopefully.

pricejj
08-21-2012, 05:50 PM
I think David could be a good player, but he is in the same mold as both Woodyard and Trevathan. He is small and will be over powered. In fact I believe he is smaller than both Woodyard and Trevathan. I would say he is like having another physical safety on the field and he does have some pass rushing skills. Is he going to make people forget about Oz? Well, I guess we won't know that question for about 3 or 4 years hopefully.

I finally take a look at this guy, to find out what the hub-bub is about...

Lavonte David - OLB
height - 6'00"
weight - 233 lbs.
forty: 4.65

Not heavily recruited out of high-school (HS team-mate with Sean Spence, and Jacory Harris), attended Community College before two stellar years at Nebraska, setting the single season tackle record (152).

DBroncos4life
08-21-2012, 05:53 PM
I finally take a look at this guy, to find out what the hub-bub is about...

Lavonte David - OLB
height - 6'00"
weight - 233 lbs.
forty: 4.65

Not heavily recruited out of high-school (HS team-mate with Sean Spence, and Jacory Harris), attended Community College before two stellar years at Nebraska, setting the single season tackle record (152).

WOW

DBroncos4life
08-21-2012, 06:17 PM
Ugh I wish we had gotten Lofton, Hawthorn

There is a reason why the Saints traded for Ruud.

pricejj
08-21-2012, 06:20 PM
Not fast enough to keep CJ2K out of the endzone on first TD. Couldn't get off a block, and was completely out of the play for CJ2K's 2nd TD...this past weekend.

Not saying the dude isn't good at all. Looks like he is a tackling machine, with an uncanny nose for the football. But at only 233 lbs., with a 4.65 forty...does he have what it takes to start at WOLB in the NFL?

Seems to be a lot like Woodyard, and Trevathan to me...just like Bacchus said.

DBroncos4life
08-21-2012, 06:26 PM
Not fast enough to keep CJ2K out of the endzone on first TD. Couldn't get off a block, and was completely out of the play for CJ2K's 2nd TD...this past weekend.

Not saying the dude isn't good at all. Looks like he is a tackling machine, with an uncanny nose for the football. But at only 233 lbs., with a 4.65 forty...does he have what it takes to start at WOLB in the NFL?

Seems to be a lot like Woodyard, and Trevathan to me...just like Bacchus said.

What not fast enough to keep the fastest player in the NFL out of the EZ? Alert the press!

You question that a guy that is 6' 233 with a 4.65 fourty can play WOLB in the NFL but, you wanted to move a 6' 230 with a 4.8 fourty to MLB!

You did a little google search and now you are a David expert. Hilarious!

DBroncos4life
08-21-2012, 06:48 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000051555/Chris-Johnson-s-second-TD-run-of-the-day

What should have David done on that play? The DL did a hell of a job getting parted like the Red Sea there.

pricejj
08-21-2012, 06:53 PM
What not fast enough to keep the fastest player in the NFL out of the EZ? Alert the press!

You question that a guy that is 6' 233 with a 4.65 fourty can play WOLB in the NFL but, you wanted to move a 6' 230 with a 4.8 fourty to MLB!

You did a little google search and now you are a David expert. Hilarious!

Trevathan ain't 4.65, but if he is, he's too slow to play WOLB. He was timed once at 4.45...

Plus I already told ya, his frame looks too small to put on weight. His hips look like a woman. Can't get a grip on it, until you see him in person. But I like him anyway. Good for a 5th round pick. Can't be crying about passing up David, though. Trevathan's a Bronco, and they're basically the same player. Call it a bargain, DB4L.

In this economy, we pinchin' pennies boy, thought you knew?

DBroncos4life
08-21-2012, 06:57 PM
Trevathan ain't 4.65, but if he is, he's too slow to play WOLB. He was timed once at 4.45...

Plus I already told ya, his frame looks too small to put on weight. His hips look like a woman. Can't get a grip on it, until you see him in person. But I like him anyway. Good for a 5th round pick. Can't be crying about passing up David, though. Trevathan's a Bronco, and they're basically the same player. Call it a bargain, DB4L.

In this economy, we pinchin' pennies boy, thought you knew?

HS was a LONG time ago for him.

pricejj
08-21-2012, 07:10 PM
HS was a LONG time ago for him.

4 years and 10 lbs. ago. Ain't no thang but a chicken wing on a string...

I'm sure he's in the 4.5's now...

DBroncos4life
08-21-2012, 07:13 PM
4 years and 10 lbs. ago. Ain't no thang but a chicken wing on a string...

I'm sure he's in the 4.5's now...

He isn't faster then David and his combine numbers agree with me.

pricejj
08-21-2012, 07:18 PM
He isn't faster then David and his combine numbers agree with me.

LULZ

He pulled up with a hammy DB4L, you know that...

DBroncos4life
08-21-2012, 07:24 PM
LULZ

He pulled up with a hammy DB4L, you know that...

He is a 4.7 guy get over it.

Measurables: 6-0, 237 Ran 4.82 in the 40-yard dash at his pro day workout in early March, but had suffered a hamstring injury during the 40 at the scouting combine the previous week He had a 31 -inch vertical jump and a 9-4 broad jump.

Read more: Trevathan, Broncos sixth-rounder, looking join LB rotation - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20504202#ixzz24EoRbMmo
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

~Crash~
08-21-2012, 11:01 PM
Mays needs to gain 50 lbs and move to DT

Kieth Tailor approves this message

ColoradoBuff
08-22-2012, 10:25 AM
DB4L....looks like the trash needs to be taken out, starting to smell up in here.

He is a 4.7 guy get over it.

Measurables: 6-0, 237 Ran 4.82 in the 40-yard dash at his pro day workout in early March, but had suffered a hamstring injury during the 40 at the scouting combine the previous week He had a 31 -inch vertical jump and a 9-4 broad jump.

Read more: Trevathan, Broncos sixth-rounder, looking join LB rotation - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20504202#ixzz24EoRbMmo
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

NUB
08-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Anyone know what is going on with Mike Mohamed? I remember he was a part of the mid-linebacker boost a few years back, but I haven't been able to watch a lot of preseason this year. Is he doing well on special teams or something?

crush17
08-26-2012, 05:10 PM
Anyone know what is going on with Mike Mohamed? I remember he was a part of the mid-linebacker boost a few years back, but I haven't been able to watch a lot of preseason this year. Is he doing well on special teams or something?

Hamstring injury. May not make the roster this year.