PDA

View Full Version : MNF: Foles & Vick

Pontius Pirate
08-20-2012, 08:06 PM
Watching the MNF preseason tonight (NE vs. PHI). As usual, Vick goes down early....so they bring Foles in and, well, he did really well.

PHI Passing CMP ATT YDS YPA TD INT
Nick Foles 18 28 217 7.8 2 1

The one INT was on the last play of the 1st half. Otherwise, dude carved up the NE (2nd team) DEF - both with Philly starters and scrubs. He had a few scrubs drop some passes, otherwise the numbers would be even higher.

Trent Edwards looks like garbage. I'm betting Foles takes over for Vick early this season and Philly doesn't look back.

Ironlung
08-20-2012, 08:12 PM
Mike Vick is a vagina. The guy doesn't have a tough bone in his body.

vancejohnson82
08-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Mike Vick is a vagina. The guy doesn't have a tough bone in his body.

did you see the hit?? it was pretty vicious

Ironlung
08-20-2012, 08:29 PM
did you see the hit?? it was pretty vicious

I did. It was a hard hit for sure...but the dude is banged up after every hit he takes.

extralife
08-20-2012, 08:33 PM
1 preseason game = new superstar QB. Ok, sure

maven
08-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Vick is made of glass now. I wouldn't want him as my starting QB.

Meck77
08-20-2012, 08:46 PM
Vick chewed up. Karma.

Broncobiv
08-20-2012, 09:09 PM
Foles...Arizona Wildcat...and we're stuck with a Scum Devil. :(

Play2win
08-20-2012, 09:14 PM
They're laughing their asses off in puppy heaven...

RhymesayersDU
08-20-2012, 09:19 PM
Yeah, Vick has rebuilt his life and has a fat NFL contract. Man those dogs are just laughing it up right now.

Tombstone RJ
08-20-2012, 09:19 PM
why Vick isn't wearing a rib protector is beyond stupid. That type of hit is the exact reason QBs were a flack jacket. What an idiot.

Tombstone RJ
08-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Foles...Arizona Wildcat...and we're stuck with a Scum Devil. :(

Foles looks like the real deal. Elway is gonna look like a dumbass douchebag if Foles--who was taken AFTER Brosweiler in the THIRD ROUND--turns out better than his homeboy Bross.

But, until that actually happens, I'm not gonna worry about it. Bross shows some good potential, some flashes and hopefully it's not fools gold. He didn't look very good agains the hawks but he is trying to run a true pro-style offense with little to no experience.

The friggen iggles look like they got a great insurance policy should vick go down...

DBroncos4life
08-20-2012, 09:40 PM
Another back up Eagles QB for people to over hype and jizz all over.

OBF1
08-20-2012, 10:08 PM
How did it work out for Kolb.... More ass sniffing than substance, once again.

kdissette
08-21-2012, 12:15 AM
I did. It was a hard hit for sure...but the dude is banged up after every hit he takes.

he reminds me of gus ferrotte when he came back to the vikings a few years back...everytime the guy went down he stayed down and acted like he broke his ribs every play lol....no joke the rookie looked fantastic his poise and patience were very good and made mostly good reads all night.

Bacchus
08-21-2012, 12:29 AM
Foles looks like the real deal. Elway is gonna look like a dumbass douchebag if Foles--who was taken AFTER Brosweiler in the THIRD ROUND--turns out better than his homeboy Bross.

But, until that actually happens, I'm not gonna worry about it. Bross shows some good potential, some flashes and hopefully it's not fools gold. He didn't look very good agains the hawks but he is trying to run a true pro-style offense with little to no experience.

The friggen iggles look like they got a great insurance policy should vick go down...

Isn't that what Kolb was, how did he turn out? One preseason game is too early to tell jack****.

Binkythefrog
08-21-2012, 05:29 AM

Hate to bring this buy up again... but I will.

Tim Tebow 2011 Preseason

CMP ATT YDS YPA TD INT
20 31 310 10.0 1 0

It will take a year or two before we really know who the good QB's from this class are. We don't even know who is going to be good from last year's class yet, this year should tell us a lot about guys like Gabbert and Locker.

TonyR
08-21-2012, 05:33 AM

I hear ya, but at the same time Foles came in and produced with the 1's against the 1's and looked effective doing so. Agree there's no reason to "panic" but you do have to wonder at least a little bit if maybe the Eagles got themselves a better player than the Broncos did.

TheChamp24
08-21-2012, 05:47 AM
Eagles still have Kafka too who they are high on.
Probably will be:
Vick
Kafka
Foles

CEH
08-21-2012, 05:50 AM
I hear ya, but at the same time Foles came in and produced with the 1's against the 1's and looked effective doing so. Agree there's no reason to "panic" but you do have to wonder at least a little bit if maybe the Eagles got themselves a better player than the Broncos did.

I'm sure the brass was hoping Brock would step up and grab the #2 job last weekend. Didn't happen so they have to be a little disappointed but not in panic mode with regards to Brock

They could be out there right now looking for a #2 however

2KBack
08-21-2012, 06:19 AM
I'm sure the brass was hoping Brock would step up and grab the #2 job last weekend. Didn't happen so they have to be a little disappointed but not in panic mode with regards to Brock

They could be out there right now looking for a #2 however

nah, they were zone blitzing the crap out of him. I highly doubt he has ever seen that in a game situation. It was quite encouraging to see him throw the ball away when there was no where to go.

Preseason isn't about stats, it's about answering questions that can't be asked in practice. I think the team is likely encouraged that Brock didn't go all scattershot Farve in that game.

Much like I am encouraged to see the kinds of passes Manning is throwing, or how the team mostly kept it's cool while Seattle tried to give them the business. Preseason wins and stats are meaningless.

underrated29
08-21-2012, 08:30 AM
The eagles also have an amazing offense....They were something stupid last year like a 400 ypg average!! Now that the team has had a year to come together you can only imagine it will get better.

Maclin and desean- yea that is a nasty duo
shady mccoy- yea he is nasty running and catching

And that is just three players on offense, who would likely start over anyone on our team.

TonyR
08-21-2012, 08:44 AM
The eagles also have an amazing offense...

Yup, lots of speed. The loss of Jason Peters will hurt some, though. Still makes me sick that we could have had McCoy instead of Moreno. Sigh...

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-21-2012, 08:58 AM
1 preseason game = new superstar QB. Ok, sure

That's just standard Foles. I don't know why people did not want this kid. He's gonna be great. The people that watched him in college know this. Soon everyone will know. Vick will be hurt by week 3-4

broncocalijohn
08-21-2012, 09:07 AM

Exactly. Pump up Foles and send him off to Seattle, Arizona, etc. for way more than he is worth. Eagles have had good backups for a decade now. Only problem this time is they don't have a big, durable starter like Cunnigham or Mr. Delusional.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-21-2012, 10:00 AM
I never saw much in Kolb. Didn't know what the fuss was about when he was hyped and laughed at Arizona for taking him. A good sign that he sucked was Philly wanting to part ways with him with not much fight. The trendy thing over last couple years has been the appeal of a back up QB becoming a success story. I don't get it. They are back ups for a reason.

DBroncos4life
08-21-2012, 10:01 AM

You're right no eagles back up QB ever played against starters and ended up getting traded for a high draft pick only to blow with the new team.

TonyR
08-21-2012, 10:04 AM
You're right no eagles back up QB ever played against starters and ended up getting traded for a high draft pick only to blow with the new team.

You may turn out to be right. But just because it's the same team does not mean that Foles = Kolb. You're assuming every guy the Eagles draft from here on out is going to fail like Kolb. That's a rather flimsy premise.

TonyR
08-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Exactly. Pump up Foles and send him off to Seattle, Arizona, etc. for way more than he is worth.

Well, I think the Eagles are looking for a replacement for Vick. So I don't think the plan is to do with Foles what they ended up doing with Kolb. And if Vick didn't fall into their lap the way he did they'd probably still have Kolb.

DBroncos4life
08-21-2012, 10:08 AM
You may turn out to be right. But just because it's the same team does not mean that Foles = Kolb. You're assuming every guy the Eagles draft from here on out is going to fail like Kolb. That's a rather flimsy premise.

You know Kolb isn't the only QB that they have done that with right?

Tombstone RJ
08-21-2012, 10:18 AM

Off the top of my head I can't think of any other back up QBs that have come out of Philly, please elaborate.

DBroncos4life
08-21-2012, 10:26 AM
Off the top of my head I can't think of any other back up QBs that have come out of Philly, please elaborate.

A.J Feeley was traded to the Dolphins for a second round pick after showing great promise in limited time as a back up. Like I said hype up another Eagles QB.

Tombstone RJ
08-21-2012, 10:31 AM
A.J Feeley was traded to the Dolphins for a second round pick after showing great promise in limited time as a back up. Like I said hype up another Eagles QB.

I totally forgot about that guy. However, I don't remember Feeley being touted as anything special. So the Phins messed up. I think that is kind of similar to Seattle trading a 2nd round pick to SD for Whithurst. It's like WTF?

However, many people thought Kolb was the real deal. Obviously, he hasn't panned out but it's not like the Cards were on an island in their evaluation of Kolb.

DryHeat
08-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Foles will unseat Vick for the starting role... and he'll have a better career than Osweiler.

TonyR
08-21-2012, 11:14 AM

I do, and that still doesn't mean that's the plan for Foles. Particularly since that probably wasn't the original plan with either Feeley or Kolb. Situational and circumstantial.

BroncoMan4ever
08-21-2012, 11:38 AM
Watching the MNF preseason tonight (NE vs. PHI). As usual, Vick goes down early....so they bring Foles in and, well, he did really well.

The one INT was on the last play of the 1st half. Otherwise, dude carved up the NE (2nd team) DEF - both with Philly starters and scrubs. He had a few scrubs drop some passes, otherwise the numbers would be even higher.

Trent Edwards looks like garbage. I'm betting Foles takes over for Vick early this season and Philly doesn't look back.
Called it after the draft that Foles would take Vick's job

DBroncos4life
08-21-2012, 12:06 PM
I totally forgot about that guy. However, I don't remember Feeley being touted as anything special. So the Phins messed up. I think that is kind of similar to Seattle trading a 2nd round pick to SD for Whithurst. It's like WTF?

However, many people thought Kolb was the real deal. Obviously, he hasn't panned out but it's not like the Cards were on an island in their evaluation of Kolb.

You forgot about him yet you claim he wasn't highly touted? Eagles make back up QB look better then they are.

Tombstone RJ
08-21-2012, 12:13 PM
You forgot about him yet you claim he wasn't highly touted? Eagles make back up QB look better then they are.

Again, I think it was more like when Seattle traded a second round pick for Whitehurst (and I have heard of Whitehurst, he was the kid drafted out of Clemson).

I never heard of Feeley. Can you please show me where Feeley was a well known name either in the NFL or college, before he was traded to the Phins? What probably happened is the Phins got to see him play against them a few times and decided to take a chance on him because they had some film on him.

However, no, I don't think Feeley and Kolb are really in the same boat when it comes to whether they were highly sought after by other teams. I think the Feeley trade was more of an anomaly. However, you might be right too, I don't want to get into a pissing match over this stuff.

I think Foles looked good, JMHO, you of course have your opinion which I respect.

2KBack
08-21-2012, 12:27 PM
Again, I think it was more like when Seattle traded a second round pick for Whitehurst (and I have heard of Whitehurst, he was the kid drafted out of Clemson).

I never heard of Feeley. Can you please show me where Feeley was a well known name either in the NFL or college, before he was traded to the Phins? What probably happened is the Phins got to see him play against them a few times and decided to take a chance on him because they had some film on him.

However, no, I don't think Feeley and Kolb are really in the same boat when it comes to whether they were highly sought after by other teams. I think the Feeley trade was more of an anomaly. However, you might be right too, I don't want to get into a pissing match over this stuff.

I think Foles looked good, JMHO, you of course have your opinion which I respect.

In 2002 Mcnabb was injured for 5.5 games. AJ Feeley (in his 2nd season) took over the team and won 4 straight games, 5 if you count that they won the game that Mcnabb started but didn't finish.

He also played a phenomenal game against TB in his rookie year. Which was 2001 while TB had a vicious defense.

So basically he was 6-1 as a relief starter, which Phily turned into a trade to Miami.

TheChamp24
08-21-2012, 02:01 PM
The thing with Feely is he played average, yet Miami thought he could be a franchise QB. Game manager at best, and he won because Philly had an awesome team. Goes to Miami, performs his average self and loses games now because Miami sucks.

With Kolb, same thing, he didn't perform that well in Philly. Very mediocre/average, WORSE than Cassel, and yet Arizona fell in love with him for some stupid reason.