PDA

View Full Version : Uniform question

Rock Chalk
08-20-2012, 12:19 PM
Is the blue on the helmet lighter? It seemed like it during the game the other night but Im not sure if it was the lighting in the stadium that made it appear that way or what.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-20-2012, 12:44 PM
All I know is that one of the swooshes is backwards.

LSKDjf;lfijasojdlfjslkjFLKJDLKZJF:LIJSROIHGSLJH.

ColoradoDarin
08-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Is the blue on the helmet lighter? It seemed like it during the game the other night but Im not sure if it was the lighting in the stadium that made it appear that way or what.

It's just the luminescence coming off the shade of orange they chose for the jerseys.

Mogulseeker
08-20-2012, 12:49 PM
It might have something to do with the Orange jerseys making the Blue look lighter. IDK.

SouthStndJunkie
08-20-2012, 12:52 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one....I thought the blue on the helmet looked a little lighter to me as well.

ol#7
08-20-2012, 12:52 PM
I freaking hate the blue collar. Looks like a Jersey crossed with a polo shirt. We are the Denver Preppies.

razorwire77
08-20-2012, 12:53 PM
It sure seemed lighter.

FISH
08-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Reference the backwards swoosh:
http://deadspin.com/5934351/backward-nike-swooshes-on-nfl-uniforms-wrong-or-stupid

"Nike's answer is that the swoosh is not backward—that the fat end is supposed to always face forward, with the skinny end trailing behind, like it does on either side of a running shoe. This is the same logic the American military uses for having soldiers wear their flag sleeve patches backward, contrary to the normal flag code: the troops are like human flagpoles, so the flag is meant to look as if it's streaming out behind them."

bronco militia
08-20-2012, 01:26 PM
I think it was the orange nuclear powered jerseys that made it look like the blue was lighter.

The helmets looked like the same old blue in the chicago game.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-20-2012, 01:40 PM
I think it was the orange nuclear powered jerseys that made it look like the blue was lighter.

Ya it's blinding. Especially when they used cameras other than the main one that shows the plays.

BigPlayShay
08-20-2012, 01:44 PM
It's gotta be because of the Orange. They didn't look that light in the road jerseys last week.

Kaylore
08-20-2012, 01:49 PM
FYI the colors aren't that neon in person. It is mostly the fault of the TV broadcast. They will look less severe when CBS takes over.

bronco militia
08-20-2012, 01:51 PM
FYI the colors aren't that neon in person. It is mostly the fault of the TV broadcast. They will look less severe when CBS takes over.

yeah, I was wondering about that .

BigPlayShay
08-20-2012, 01:54 PM

True, could just be Channel 9's equipment.

DBroncos4life
08-20-2012, 02:13 PM

I think CBS would still be in black and white if there was away they could get away with it.

KevinJames
08-20-2012, 02:49 PM
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Peyton+Manning+Seattle+Seahawks+v+Denver+Broncos+b GCpRQO28qul.jpg

hmmm

BroncoBuff
08-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Night game lighting too.

Rabb
08-20-2012, 02:59 PM
It's by design, because we are going hunting this ****ing year.

Kaylore
08-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Night game lighting too.

This could be as well. I just remember two years ago watching a preseason game on CBS 4. The uniforms were just as neon. Then I watched the reply of the other team's new crew on NFL Network and it was like they were almost grey. Way more muted tones. Not sure why, but our local affiliates are apparently into shooting things to look like the Wizard of Oz.

Dogsweat
08-21-2012, 01:34 AM
These were tremendous.

http://www.bloguin.com/thisgivensunday/images/stories/Broncos_Throwback.jpg

Blueflame
08-21-2012, 01:56 AM
Ya it's blinding. Especially when they used cameras other than the main one that shows the plays.

As a side note, the green on the Seattle uniforms also looked "garish"... "gotta-wear-sunglasses-to-look-at-that" fluorescent lime.

Vegas_Bronco
08-21-2012, 05:51 AM
Cheerleaders more.

LRtagger
08-21-2012, 06:50 AM
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Peyton+Manning+Seattle+Seahawks+v+Denver+Broncos+b GCpRQO28qul.jpg

hmmm

After looking at this pic maybe the helmets should be a little lighter. It looks darker than the blue in the uni there.

Greatspirits
08-21-2012, 09:34 AM
I thought it did look a tad lighter, also the orange jerseys looked extremely bright, at least it did on my TV. I was thinking my color contrast might need some adjusting.

Bronco Yoda
08-21-2012, 09:45 AM
Those Orange Jerseys were GLOWING on my screen last game.

But I loved it. I'm not even going to b**** about the side swooshes and preppy collar. We got our ORANGE back. Maybe not the shade some people want... or the stripes etc.

But... We got our Orange Back!

Whoooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Beantown Bronco
08-21-2012, 09:56 AM
our local affiliates are apparently into shooting things to look like the Wizard of Oz.

If it's got Mila Kunis in it as a naughty witch, I'm not going to complain....

BroncoBen
08-21-2012, 12:24 PM

I hope so.. like glancing at the sun it was burning my retinas after awhile.

Que
08-21-2012, 04:06 PM
Okay, I thought that was just my TV. Good to know everyone else saw the same nuclear meltdown.

Bronc62
08-21-2012, 04:39 PM
I noticed the same thing (orange jerseys much brighter on TV) after I got home from the game and watched some video highlights.

Bronc62
08-21-2012, 04:49 PM
I freaking hate the blue collar. Looks like a Jersey crossed with a polo shirt. We are the Denver Preppies.

I hated those collars from the moment the new uni's were introduced last spring. Apparently it's a Nike thing--a number of other team's new jerseys also have the pointed collars. San Diego's look the silliest with a white collar on blue.

Seahawks generally acclaimed to have the best looking new Nike uniforms.

hookemhess
08-21-2012, 05:26 PM
It's by design, because we are going hunting this ****ing year.

http://cdn.slacktory.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/yTG0R.gif

Gort
08-22-2012, 01:50 PM

you noticed that too?

i just thought the local TV station just had their color levels messed with for the broadcast.

Gort
08-22-2012, 01:55 PM

huh?

those were awful. Nike and Under Armor seem to be in a death roll attempting to outdo each other making sh*tty uniforms. there's some real crap being used in at the college level the past couple of years, and now Nike is screwing up the NFL too. ugh.

HorseHead
08-22-2012, 06:08 PM
"Seahawks have the best Nike designed uniforms.."

Please, get off the bath salts...those f'in things are hideous..

And while I am glad we have gone back to the orange, it's a whack looking orange..

Bronco Yoda
08-22-2012, 07:45 PM
I hated those collars from the moment the new uni's were introduced last spring. Apparently it's a Nike thing--a number of other team's new jerseys also have the pointed collars. San Diego's look the silliest with a white collar on blue.

Anyone else notice how Nike's logo is 10 times larger on the seachickens shoulders than other uniforms. It would even appear they designed that shoulder trim to go with their over sized logo in seachicken neon green. It's so prominent that a non football player might actually think it might be the teams logo. Hard to believe that NFL owners approve this crap.

That Neon green is HIDEOUS! years ago they had a pretty decent uni with those silver helmets. But now they seem to be in competition with the Bills to see how many colors they can add to their uniforms.

Stuck in Cali
08-23-2012, 07:21 AM
Those Orange Jerseys were GLOWING on my screen last game.

But I loved it. I'm not even going to b**** about the side swooshes and preppy collar. We got our ORANGE back. Maybe not the shade some people want... or the stripes etc.

But... We got our Orange Back!

Whoooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooo!!!!!!

^ This.