PDA

View Full Version : 6:17 of chills!

DomCasual
08-20-2012, 10:58 AM
Elway's in it, so it's on-topic.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/P8_pK3HEvBM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://youtu.be/P8_pK3HEvBM (Link, if embed doesn't work).

Kaylore
08-20-2012, 11:09 AM
I'm going to preempt Broncosteven and say this should have had the audio book of "Failure is not an option" playing in the background.

Dexter
08-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Joe Paterno and Hogan ruined it for me at the end.

vancejohnson82
08-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Tebow's in it so its relevant

broncocalijohn
08-20-2012, 11:34 AM
2 minute 11 second mark is one of the best. SOme of those moves is just unbelievable. Love they put Jim Edmonds "back to home plate" catch/dive towards centerfield wall.

Rohirrim
08-20-2012, 11:36 AM
Damn. I had forgotten how fast Ali was.

DomCasual
08-20-2012, 12:00 PM
Damn. I had forgotten how fast Ali was.

The Ali ones are the ones that shocked me, too. I would love to see Ali, in is prime, versus Tyson, in his prime. People will scoff - maybe rightfully so - because Tyson vs. Ali, career-wise, is a joke. But Tyson in his late-teens and early-20's was just scary. He would have had the literal definition of a puncher's chance.

Also, I hope someone legitimately wipes Barry Bonds from the record books. What a disgrace to a truly wonderful, historic sport.

Irish Stout
08-20-2012, 12:02 PM
Ali, Tiger, Prefontaine, Elway, Jordan... Amazing damn people.

Rock Chalk
08-20-2012, 12:08 PM
No Mario's Miracle? I call bs.

Kaylore
08-20-2012, 12:08 PM

It didn't ruin it for me, but I definitely had a "really!?!?" moment.

Dexter
08-20-2012, 12:12 PM
It didn't ruin it for me, but I definitely had a "really!?!?" moment.

The rest of it was great. I'm not sure how WWF/WWE wrestling fits. Its not really a sport to me, just a guys version of a soap opera. Joe Paterno doesn't fit to me for obvious reasons, I don't feel like he deserves to be glorified in any fashion anymore.

Video was really well put together though.

ColoradoDarin
08-20-2012, 12:33 PM
It was good, really good. A few improvements - add The Drive, subtract about half of the soccer, no Hulk or Paterno, no golf.

broncocalijohn
08-20-2012, 01:27 PM
It was good, really good. A few improvements - add The Drive, subtract about half of the soccer, no Hulk or Paterno, no golf.

I am not a soccer fan but those kicks and moves are fun to watch. It was all about the individual going that extra mile/effort to be the hero. The video worked all the way to Paterno and fake wrassler Hogan.

gunns
08-20-2012, 01:32 PM
That was so great! I remember almost everyone of those except some of the soccer and 1 or 2 of the baseball. Some great, great memories. I was wondering where the chills were till they showed Deacon Jones and then the Miracle on Ice and the chills came. I really liked the Ali one's, he was a force in his prime. Made my dad's friends laugh when I said he'd beat Liston and my husband's friends mad when they each had to part with a 10 when he beat Foreman. Great, great memories!

gunns
08-20-2012, 01:34 PM
I am not a soccer fan but those kicks and moves are fun to watch. It was all about the individual going that extra mile/effort to be the hero. The video worked all the way to Paterno and fake wrassler Hogan.

Paterno was a little uncomfortable, Hogan was a little humorous, for me the chlls really stopped with Favre.

BroncoLifer
08-20-2012, 02:05 PM

Agreed, but at least they kept gymnastics out of it. Other improvements would be to add Steve Young's awesome scramble for touchdown and delete that POS Barry Bonds.

theAPAOps5
08-20-2012, 02:18 PM
When you include cheaters, Diego Maradona:

http://www.soccerjones.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/diego-maradona-hand-of-god1.jpg

and Barry Bonds

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ooAiyubGBo4/TajijKIsiJI/AAAAAAAAAL0/QEjCa-cO7BI/s1600/roids_bonds.jpg

You FAIL

EDIT: I didn't even get to A-Fraud, JoePa, and Shawn Kemp (900 children) being included.
Methwolff

theAPAOps5
08-20-2012, 02:23 PM
Oh and Muhammad Ali, was an amazing fighter. Dude was lighting quick with his hands.

WABronco
08-20-2012, 02:33 PM
Lance was pretty cool...kinda failed with the hockey moments. Sedin getting hit (what's new) and Ovechkin? Awesome vid though..

SureShot
08-20-2012, 02:33 PM
No Miracle in Michigan?

Fail.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5Nt6HjqtJt8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BroncoBuff
08-20-2012, 02:35 PM

Almost. Hulk Hogan's not even an athlete, it's not a sport
Barry Bonds too ... blecch ... why?

One too many Jordan I think, needed a second Jackie Robinson
Should've given John another .005 seconds, it was a nice percussive landing

Axe Leftwich, Boise St., ASU guy hurdling USC guy, Marshawn Lynch, Jerome Lane

I agree nice inclusion of Jim Edmonds, Tommy Frazier too
Chris Webber timeout nice touch of infamy
Add David Tyree ... where was David Tyree?

theAPAOps5
08-20-2012, 02:36 PM
No Miracle in Michigan?

Fail.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5Nt6HjqtJt8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nothing warms my heart more than seeing the looks on Michigan's face and #18 crying into the field. God Bless you for bringing this up.

DomCasual
08-20-2012, 02:39 PM
That was so great! I remember almost everyone of those except some of the soccer and 1 or 2 of the baseball. Some great, great memories. I was wondering where the chills were till they showed Deacon Jones and then the Miracle on Ice and the chills came. I really liked the Ali one's, he was a force in his prime. Made my dad's friends laugh when I said he'd beat Liston and my husband's friends mad when they each had to part with a 10 when he beat Foreman. Great, great memories!

For me, the chills start with Gehrig's speech. Even the cheaters' clips and Paterno give me chills, when you consider the context. When Barry Bonds was launching homers, we were caught up in the moment. Same with Paterno. We were thinking of the breaking of unbreakable records. It wasn't until after that we started thinking steroids/child sex abuse (although, I think everyone knew about Bonds - look at those ridiculous pictures of his body, from the beginning to the end of his career).

It would be interesting to do a Colorado version of that. What would be on it? From my lifetime, there would obviously be tons of Broncos stuff. I would put EY's home run at Mile High Stadium on there, for sure. Also, Dante' Bichette's homer on opening night of opening season at Coor's. Same with Holliday's slide in game #163 (he slid under the tag). And Todd Helton's last-out celebrations as that team advanced. You would have to include some David Thompson highlights, and Dikembe laying under the basket in Game 5 of the Sonics series. Ray Bourque would be in it, taking the Cup from Joe Sakic. Kordell Stewart would be in it. Something from Sal Aunese would be there. What am I missing?

SureShot
08-20-2012, 02:41 PM
For me, the chills start with Gherig's speech. Even the cheaters clips and Paterno give me chills, when you consider the context. When Barry Bonds was launching homers, we were caught up in the moment. Same with Paterno. We were thinking of the breaking of unbreakable records. It wasn't until after that we started thinking steroids/child sex abuse (although, I think everyone knew about Bonds - look at those ridiculous pictures of his body, from the beginning to the end of his career).

It would be interesting to do a Colorado version of that. What would be on it? From my lifetime, there would obviously be tons of Broncos stuff. I would put EY's home run at Mile High Stadium on there, for sure. Also, Dante' Bichette's homer on opening night of opening season at Coor's. Same with Holliday's slide in game #163 (he slid under the tag). And Todd Helton's last-out celebrations as that team advanced. You would have to include some David Thompson highlights, and Dikembe laying under the basket in Game 5 of the Sonics series. Ray Bourque would be in it, taking the Cup from Joe Sakic. Kordell Stewart would be in it. Something from Sal Aunese would be there. What am I missing?

Chris Brown's 6 TDs v Nubraska for one.

theAPAOps5
08-20-2012, 02:42 PM
Chris Brown's 6 TDs v Nubraska for one.

I agree, especially being in the first row of that game. Hell he had most those TD's before halftime.

SureShot
08-20-2012, 02:47 PM
Salaam's Td run vs Iowa Stae that put him over 2000 yards.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MoTHce2GkeU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Crushaholic
08-20-2012, 02:48 PM
I love rasslin', but Hogan shouldn't have been included. That "sport" is about as relevant as the NFL preseason. Also, they cut off the helicopter spin in mid spin. What a bunch of Tebow...:dunk:

SureShot
08-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Salaam's Td run vs Iowa Stae that put him over 2000 yards.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MoTHce2GkeU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OadvLy3AamM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BroncoBuff
08-20-2012, 03:04 PM
GLORY COLORADO.

BroncoBuff
08-20-2012, 03:23 PM

More Broncos ... first seasons plus Floyd Little, Red Miller, AFC Championship, The Drive and The Fumble, John's retirement,

Lots more CU football, Buff wins at Ohio State and LSU in '72 and Penn State in 71. Orange Bowl '91, last year's CU Basketball - PAC XII Inaugural Season Champions, couple NCAA Ski championship shots maybe .....

DU hockey ...

Early Rockets, SPencer Haywood, Byron Beck, plus lots of Alex English, Dan Issel, Fat Lever, Doug Moe ...

The US Opens and PGA Championships at Cherry Hills ... Arnold Palmer drove a Par-4 green - legend - beat Byron Nelson or Ben Hogan or somebody, Jack Nicklaus was low amateur.

Plenty of Patrick Roy to go with Sakic, Forsberg and Borque '01.

Rohirrim
08-20-2012, 03:37 PM
No Miracle in Michigan?

Fail.

I still get the shivers from that one. I won some fat bucks on that game. I worked with three guys who were big Wolverine fans and were always talking ****. After that game, they talked no more. But I did. ;D

Rohirrim
08-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Mobley made a pretty memorable play:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WMUW2GipY0g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Boogerboots
08-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Where's the marching band?

Should have put in Macho Man Randy Savage too.

ZONA
08-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Wasn't this vid posted here a few months ago? I could have sworn somebody else made a post just like this with this video.

SoCalBronco
08-20-2012, 04:56 PM
I thought this thread was 6 mins and 17 seconds of Methwolfe highlights. Dammit.

DBroncos4life
08-20-2012, 05:00 PM
GLORY COLORADO.

LOL

errand
08-20-2012, 05:40 PM
The Ali ones are the ones that shocked me, too. I would love to see Ali, in is prime, versus Tyson, in his prime. People will scoff - maybe rightfully so - because Tyson vs. Ali, career-wise, is a joke. But Tyson in his late-teens and early-20's was just scary. He would have had the literal definition of a puncher's chance.

Also, I hope someone legitimately wipes Barry Bonds from the record books. What a disgrace to a truly wonderful, historic sport.

Muhammad Ali would flat out smoke Tyson. Who the **** did Tyson ever beat that was worth a ****? Ali had to fight Sonny Liston, Floyd Patterson, Joe Frazier, Ken Norton, George Foreman (before he got fat), Ernie Shavers...Tyson got beat by Buster Douglas for Tebow's sake.

But they'd both get their asses whooped by Rocky Marciano...LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf9-trei8ro

Bacchus
08-20-2012, 05:56 PM
Elway's in it, so it's on-topic.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/P8_pK3HEvBM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://youtu.be/P8_pK3HEvBM (Link, if embed doesn't work).

WTH is up with all the soccer highlights???

Heyneck
08-20-2012, 06:12 PM

Loved the Ali and MJ takes too! But got to disagree with wiping Bond's from the record books and what should be the Hall of Fame. Before he "presumably" started using steroids in 98, he was already a Hall of Famer and all time great. The roids just turned him into an insane power hitter (with he had plenty before the roids). There has nevere been a prettier and better right handed swing than Bond's.

KO5K
08-20-2012, 06:18 PM
WTH is up with all the soccer highlights???

Probably needed to add a few token 'soccer' moments to try and justify the 'Greatest Moments in Sports' (read 'Greatest Moments in American Sports').

Bacchus
08-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Probably needed to add a few token 'soccer' moments to try and justify the 'Greatest Moments in Sports' (read 'Greatest Moments in American Sports').

It was horrible, I thought I was going to die.

vancejohnson82
08-20-2012, 06:31 PM
how did any Colorado sports fan leave out the '94 Nuggets team win against the Sonics...that was pretty special

Broncos_OTM
08-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Steve atwater smahing okoye. Eddie mac's hit in the super bowl. Td 2000vyard season

jonny1
08-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Mobley made a pretty memorable play:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WMUW2GipY0g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Love the Jack Elway moment at 3:43.

jonny1
08-21-2012, 10:47 AM
Loved the Ali and MJ takes too! But got to disagree with wiping Bond's from the record books and what should be the Hall of Fame. Before he "presumably" started using steroids in 98, he was already a Hall of Famer and all time great. The roids just turned him into an insane power hitter (with he had plenty before the roids). There has nevere been a prettier and better right handed swing than Bond's.

Umm, Bonds was left handed . . . .

BroncoLifer
08-21-2012, 11:00 AM
Umm, Bonds was left handed . . . .

Yes, but he applied his HGH and The Clear with his right.

Pontius Pirate
08-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Couple of dopers in there.

Shoulda had the David Tyree play. Best play in football since the Immaculate Reception (and was the IR play in there?)

BroncsCheer
08-21-2012, 06:19 PM
Too much soccer