PDA

View Full Version : PR

MABroncoFan
08-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Who else has been seeing time as a PR in practice beyond Thompson and Carter. Both seem unlikely to make the team if someone else wins the PR job.

Also, keeping one of them for PR would have us possibly keeping 11 DBs. Bailey, Porter, Florence, Harris, Bolden, Adams, Carter, Moore probably locks. Bruton looking strong w/ ST's. Leonhard also if he doesn't start the year on PUP.

Hard to do that if we have to keep a veteran backup QB as a 3rd QB, and maybe 9 o-linemen w/ Kuper out for a few weeks.

Mogulseeker
08-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Willis.

Thompson is the best PR on the team right now, though. That's really his only shot of making the team.

We should try out Hilman.

LRtagger
08-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Should have kept Eddie :chargstin

pricejj
08-20-2012, 12:26 PM
Try out Hillman and Leonhard.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Willis.

Thompson is the best PR on the team right now, though. That's really his only shot of making the team.

We should try out Hilman.

Has Hillman EVER caught punts? Just gimme someone back there who wont drop them. We have an offense that appears as if it can move up and down the field.

Mogulseeker
08-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Has Hillman EVER caught punts? Just gimme someone back there who wont drop them. We have an offense that appears as if it can move up and down the field.

I don't know if he has or not. Didn't see him play in college. I have heard people compare Hillman to Sproles, so why not give it a shot.

We let Champ Bailey and Rod Smith return punts...

SonOfLe-loLang
08-20-2012, 12:51 PM
I don't know if he has or not. Didn't see him play in college. I have heard people compare Hillman to Sproles, so why not give it a shot.

He's not like sproles really.

lolcopter
08-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Should have kept Eddie :chargstin

Not worth the $$$ it would have taken

pricejj
08-20-2012, 01:47 PM

ixnay on Hillman returning punts...never did it in college.

That leaves us with Jim Leonhard...

Jekyll15Hyde
08-20-2012, 01:53 PM
When was the last time we really had someone dangerous on the PR? Deltha? I cant remember

razorwire77
08-20-2012, 01:54 PM
Watched a lot of MWC games last year. Hillman wasn't a PR, because he was too valuable to the team as a RB. I don't see why he couldn't do it, but he's got to get healthy enough to play first. My guess is Squid gets cut, and Leonhard becomes the guy.

cmhargrove
08-20-2012, 01:57 PM
I would like to see Jeremiah Johnson return a couple this preseason, although I suspect that Willis will be the guy on week 1.

pricejj
08-20-2012, 02:13 PM
When was the last time we really had someone dangerous on the PR? Deltha? I cant remember

Eddie Royal

bronco militia
08-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Eddie Royal, Dwill, Deltha, Rod Smith

Jekyll15Hyde
08-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Eddie Royal

Good call. Eddie was pretty good but I was thinking of someone truly scary back there. And now I look at Royal's numbers are better than Oneal's so maybe my expectations are just too high!

Jekyll15Hyde
08-20-2012, 02:25 PM
Eddie Royal, Dwill, Deltha, Rod Smith

+ Gordon for those 2 years

bronco militia
08-20-2012, 02:25 PM
yeah...forgot Gordon

ZONA
08-20-2012, 04:17 PM
Who else has been seeing time as a PR in practice beyond Thompson and Carter. Both seem unlikely to make the team if someone else wins the PR job.

Also, keeping one of them for PR would have us possibly keeping 11 DBs. Bailey, Porter, Florence, Harris, Bolden, Adams, Carter, Moore probably locks. Bruton looking strong w/ ST's. Leonhard also if he doesn't start the year on PUP.

Hard to do that if we have to keep a veteran backup QB as a 3rd QB, and maybe 9 o-linemen w/ Kuper out for a few weeks.

I don't see what all the fuss is about this back up QB position. We have too many injuries right now and keeping 3 QB's IMO is not an option. Look, if Manning goes down, the season is over anyway. If that were the case, I don't see how getting Brock some field time could hurt. I've never bought into that crap about putting a guy out there too early can kill his confidence and ruin his career. BS, if that's the mentality a player has, probably not the guy you want anyway. He may not be ready and the mistakes would be plenty but if they guy learns from it, that's what you want. You don't want a pansy who thinks holding a clipboard for 2 years is the best way to make progress.

Wes Mantooth
08-20-2012, 04:39 PM
yeah...forgot Gordon

I was at that Carolina game where he ran a kickoff and punt back ( I think). Biggest butt-whoopin I have ever seen.

PRBronco
08-20-2012, 04:48 PM
Oh...I thought someone was looking for me :( I will slink back to the shadows now. :pity:

Beantown Bronco
08-21-2012, 05:57 AM
Good call. Eddie was pretty good but I was thinking of someone truly scary back there. And now I look at Royal's numbers are better than Oneal's so maybe my expectations are just too high!

Yup. Too high. Denver is basically impossible to make a name returning kicks, and it's almost as tough returning punts. For 8 games a year, you're looking at fair catches and touchbacks galore due to the altitude. And, recently, it hasn't been much better on the road, as our defense simply can't consistently get off the field quickly and pin opponents deep. It seems they almost always punt from near midfield and never from the opposing goal, which makes returns very scarce compared to most other teams.