PDA

View Full Version : T. Jackson on the block for pennies

kdissette
08-19-2012, 11:55 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/15/tarvaris-is-trade-bait-but-it-wont-be-easy/

i honestly think this would be a great pickup for what it would take...hes a vet...hes got an arm(accuracy somewhat questionable) and hes been a starter before....plus he is willing to restructure his deal...considering what other crap is available this might be a short term answer while Brock matures.

Mogulseeker
08-19-2012, 12:01 PM
Honestly, I'd put Tavaris on about the same level as Hanie.

OBF1
08-19-2012, 12:10 PM
The shiat that gets posted here is mind boggling

ozomulsion
08-19-2012, 12:14 PM
Jackson actually looked decent last year. He's an upgrade over what we have, for sure. We do need a backup that can step up, game manage, and not lose us games. That said, it looks like we're gonna go with Hanie, which is a big mistake IMO.

Kaylore
08-19-2012, 12:22 PM
There is absolutely no reason to trade for a QB. And certainly not one as crappy as Tavaris Jackson.

razorwire77
08-19-2012, 12:29 PM
The team is ****ed if Manning gets hurt for an extensive period of time. Like top 5 pick in the 2013 draft ****ed. Tavaris Jackson wouldn't change that. If they bring in another backup, it should be a proven game manager.

BigPlayShay
08-19-2012, 12:36 PM
Keep the pennies.

theAPAOps5
08-19-2012, 12:38 PM
I would put him below Hanie.

lonestar
08-19-2012, 01:06 PM
there should be a rule about starting stupid threads..

Arkie
08-19-2012, 01:25 PM
Tarvaris Jackson may have been labeled the worst starter, but he would be a quality backup. He's 17-17 as a starter anyways. That's average for starters and better than most backups would achieve.

crowebomber
08-19-2012, 01:27 PM
Even if the Broncos were looking for a QB, you could just wait a week or two and someone of that caliber will likely be cut from somewhere.

That said, I could see the Chiefs making a trade and penciling him in as their starter.

Blueflame
08-19-2012, 01:42 PM
"Pennies" are too much to pay for Tarvaris Jackson... I'm not convinced he'd be an upgrade over our 4th stringer (Weber).

Arkie
08-19-2012, 01:48 PM
"Pennies" are too much to pay for Tarvaris Jackson... I'm not convinced he'd be an upgrade over our 4th stringer (Weber).

So you think Weber could start 34 games in this league for teams like Minnesota/Seattle and still win half his games?

Blueflame
08-19-2012, 02:02 PM
So you think Weber could start 34 games in this league for teams like Minnesota/Seattle and still win half his games?

To clarify... in Denver, behind Manning and Osweiler, who will definitely take up 2 of the QB roster slots, Jackson would have an uphill battle making the final roster over either Hanie or Weber with only 2 weeks remaining in the preseason. With such a short time to learn a new offensive system; in competition with one guy who's had a full training camp/preseason and another who has spent a couple of seasons on the practice squad, odds are very, very high that Jackson wouldn't make it through roster cuts. IMHO.

lonestar
08-19-2012, 02:05 PM
To clarify... in Denver, behind Manning and Osweiler, who will definitely take up 2 of the QB roster slots, Jackson would have an uphill battle making the final roster over either Hanie or Weber with only 2 weeks remaining in the preseason. With such a short time to learn a new offensive system; in competition with one guy who's had a full training camp/preseason and another who has spent a couple of seasons on the practice squad, odds are very, very high that Jackson wouldn't make it through roster cuts. IMHO.

:thumbs:

cutthemdown
08-19-2012, 02:09 PM
I was hoping Tom Jackson was coming back

broncocalijohn
08-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Tarvaris Jackson may have been labeled the worst starter, but he would be a quality backup. He's 17-17 as a starter anyways. That's average for starters and better than most backups would achieve.

Really? You mean when two starters are finished with a game, one is a winner and one is a loser making the combined record 1-1? I also took that stat to 17 games and it came out 17-17 which is , like you said, the average for starters! Genious! (did you catch that Maners?)

Having fun with you Arkie but you realize that was a "no ****" type of reply needed.

Mogulseeker
08-19-2012, 03:46 PM
The team is ****ed if Manning gets hurt for an extensive period of time. Like top 5 pick in the 2013 draft ****ed. Tavaris Jackson wouldn't change that. If they bring in another backup, it should be a proven game manager.

IDK... 8-8 with Tebow. I think this is a 6-10 team with Hanie.

Hanie is actually a better passer than Tebow.

razorwire77
08-19-2012, 04:28 PM

Possible, but I think given the schedule difficulty and lack of depth at RB, WR, LB, and O-line makes this a 3-5 win team if Manning can't go. There just isn't a lot of playmakers at skill positions on offense. There are a ton of question marks (Kuper's health, Demaryius Thomas as a featured receiver, RB depth, Beadles and Walton's run-blocking, etc.)

Let's hope that we don't have explore the possibly of starting Hanie or Brock at all this year.

kdissette
08-19-2012, 04:32 PM
there should be a rule about starting stupid threads..

sorry perhaps i shouldve titled it t jackson available for meth so it can be alright to post on here....nothing more than i hate more than a bunch of trolling know it all fanboys that just talk crap just so they can feel something out of their penis for the first time in years

peacepipe
08-19-2012, 04:35 PM

Hanie is actually a better passer than Tebow.not with this schedule. TT offense isn't built to score a lot of points. our defense would have to play at a 2000 ravens level of defense.

TotallyScrewed
08-19-2012, 04:49 PM
I was hoping Tom Jackson was coming back

Me, too!

It is interesting that people here are already looking for another backup QB.

Also, you're nuts to think Hanie would have taken last years Broncos to 6-10, IMHO (hehe).

Agamemnon
08-19-2012, 05:25 PM

He is? Hilarious!

Tebow's career passer rating: 75.1

Hanie's career passer rating: 41.8

This team goes 2-14 with Hanie starting all season if they're lucky. And 0-16 isn't totally out of the question. Hanie is beyond terrible...

lonestar
08-19-2012, 05:53 PM
sorry perhaps i shouldve titled it t jackson available for meth so it can be alright to post on here....nothing more than i hate more than a bunch of trolling know it all fanboys that just talk crap just so they can feel something out of their penis for the first time in years

wow NOw I KNOW for sure there should be a rulle about letting morons start threads..

Marshall Dumervil
08-19-2012, 06:23 PM

Dude, he sucks. He really sucks. My wife is a Vikings fan so I watched quite a few games when he was there. Did I mention he sucks?

errand
08-19-2012, 07:30 PM
Honestly, I'd put Tavaris on about the same level as Hanie.

Exactly...the guy sucks. amazes me how a lot of posters on here think a mobile non-throwing **** is always the answer for us...Jarious Jackson, Mike Mcmahon, David Garrard, Tim Tebow, now Tavaris Jackson? LOL

errand
08-19-2012, 07:32 PM
He is? Hilarious!

Tebow's career passer rating: 75.1

Hanie's career passer rating: 41.8

This team goes 2-14 with Hanie starting all season if they're lucky. And 0-16 isn't totally out of the question. Hanie is beyond terrible...

I agree this team would win more games with Tebow than Hanie...Hopefully after pre-season is over Hanie will join Tebow as a former Bronco QB

errand
08-19-2012, 07:37 PM
sorry perhaps i shouldve titled it t jackson available for meth

Instead you decided to be serious about us acquiring Jackson.....now others wonder if you're on meth.

kdissette
08-19-2012, 09:38 PM
Instead you decided to be serious about us acquiring Jackson.....now others wonder if you're on meth.

Im sorry but hanie is much worse than jackson as far as him being able to pick up the offense idk what the guy is capable of. But love how the same 6 guys just post on here and anyone else they just freak out....and that people is a fanboy

cutthemdown
08-20-2012, 05:40 AM
I wouldn't care if the Broncos dumped Weber and Hanie and got a new bkup QB.

SPORTSWRITER
08-20-2012, 05:46 AM

Nevertheless, he's still a LOSER, IMO! If Peyton misses more than 3 or 4 games, we are toast anyway. Caleb Hanie is NOT the answer. I think Osweiler would win more games for us than Hanie. Yeah, I know, he's young and inexperienced. I'd still rather let him backup Manning and have the chance to mature and gain needed experience! He is definitely in the Broncos' long-term plans, or they would have never drafted him in the second round!

strafen
08-20-2012, 05:47 AM
Is this a serious thread?
Really, Tavaris Jackson?
Please tell me this is a joke. Lol!

Arkie
08-20-2012, 10:39 AM
You guys are exaggerating. Jackson is a mediocre starter and a good backup. He wouldn't play here anyway. He's in the same boat as Tebow. Both of them have experience winning games at this level. No above average backup with a chance to start is going to play in Denver where there is already an established starter.

broncosteven
08-20-2012, 10:50 AM
I am surprised Jackson is still in the league.

All 4 of our QB's are better than this career waste. I have yet to watch a game he has played in where I thought "Hmmm this guy has potential".

Agamemnon
08-20-2012, 03:17 PM
I am surprised Jackson is still in the league.

All 4 of our QB's are better than this career waste. I have yet to watch a game he has played in where I thought "Hmmm this guy has potential".

You are clearly massively overestimating both Hanie and Weber...