PDA

View Full Version : (POLL) Impressions of Peyton so far?

Ronnie Tsunami
08-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Well? for me... dude is still cerebral as hell, and can pick apart any defense most of the time, but he's clearly lost some velocity and touch. While the velocity issue can't be fixed, I hope that the nerves continue to regenerate so that he gets a little touch back.

Rating: B+

Bacchus
08-18-2012, 09:12 PM
I have no problem at all with Peyton. He has moved the ball well. Has shown enough arm strength. Work out the kinks and they'll be ready to roll.

Punisher
08-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Beer Belly!

NFLBRONCO
08-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Peyton looks rusty and throws ducks and O isn't in sync at all yet. I figured it might take this season for him to regain form though after 20 months off and neck issues.

Not worried about it.

BroncoBeavis
08-18-2012, 09:29 PM
Colts were 0-4 in preseason in 2010. That tells you everything you need to know.

enjolras
08-18-2012, 09:30 PM
I must be watching an entirely different game. Velocity looks just fine. Very similar to Manning in circa 2009. Placement is still very good.

The only thing I see is a bit of confusion on Mannings part about where blockers and receivers are going to be. As the game went on tonight, that got better and better.

He's going to be great this season, and sooner rather than later.

Rohirrim
08-18-2012, 09:38 PM
I think Peyton is still knocking off the rust. I'm not worried at all. Once he gets his groove back he'll be the old Peyton again.

Mogulseeker
08-18-2012, 09:38 PM
Beer Belly!

Flak jacket.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-18-2012, 09:53 PM
B+/A-

If 16/23 (with at least two drops, and one a sure TD) is rusty, then I love rusty! He really only had one poor throws, and three of those drives ended due to more circumstances. (the 3 and 1 run (happens), the deflection pick (rarely happens), and the Ball fumble (happens). I'm encouraged. It's only gonna get better and its already not bad.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Peyton looks rusty and throws ducks and O isn't in sync at all yet. I figured it might take this season for him to regain form though after 20 months off and neck issues.

Not worried about it.

What game were you watching? The one where Peyton went 4/23 for 16 yards?

UberBroncoMan
08-18-2012, 09:56 PM
Voted C as the poll was for "so far" and the fact that I have extremely high standards for PFM.

DT getting lazy on routs and dropped balls didn't help him.

I'm very optimistic that after next week it could turn into a B though.

Mogulseeker
08-18-2012, 10:05 PM
Voted D just because of the results... should get better.

I'm sure Peyton gives himself an F for that performance, though.

NFLBRONCO
What game were you watching? The one where Peyton went 4/23 for 16 yards?

The whole offense is going through growing pains as expected and you can't tell me Manning doesn't have alittle rust in his game so far. I'm not at all worried about Manning. I'm more concerned about our skill players so far.

~Crash~
Flak jacket I was thinking today was not the first Qb to ever were them was Elway ?

DENVERDUI55
08-18-2012, 10:10 PM
All I know is Manning has thrown 0 tds and 0 INT. Hell he hasn't thrown a pass that counts yet. He looks fine to me considering no football played in a long time l, new system, and new recievers. Light years ahead of not the sharpest tool in the shed teblow.

Play2win
08-18-2012, 10:11 PM
dr;wrt

Didn't Read.

Wish we drafted Rober Turbin.

Kaylore
08-18-2012, 10:11 PM
B+/A-

If 16/23 (with at least two drops, and one a sure TD) is rusty, then I love rusty! He really only had one poor throws, and three of those drives ended due to more circumstances. (the 3 and 1 run (happens), the deflection pick (rarely happens), and the Ball fumble (happens). I'm encouraged. It's only gonna get better and its already not bad.

Yeah, if that's rusty, I couldn't be happier. What's even more awesome is how anal he's going to be this week - well really every week, but when things don't work on offense, he takes things to another level and drags the rest of the team with him.

/not worried at all.

Play2win
08-18-2012, 10:13 PM
Yeah, if that's rusty, I couldn't be happier. What's even more awesome is how anal he's going to be this week - well really every week, but when things don't work on offense, he takes things to another level and drags the rest of the team with him.

/not worried at all.

you're not worth reading anymore.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-18-2012, 10:13 PM
The whole offense is going through growing pains as expected and you can't tell me Manning doesn't have alittle rust in his game so far. I'm not at all worried about Manning. I'm more concerned about our skill players.

Sure, but everyone has a "little rust" in the preseason. I'm pretty encouraged with what I saw. Other than one **** throw, he systematically picked apart the D, and when he was blitzed, he made them pay. He was accurate, he was decisive, and kept himself upright the entire half. Obviously some anomalies occured that stalled some drives, but unless your standard is that he has to complete every pass and has to score a TD on every drive (and this is the mane, so i assume it is), i dont see how you can be discouraged from that.

NFLBRONCO
08-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Sure, but everyone has a "little rust" in the preseason. I'm pretty encouraged with what I saw. Other than one **** throw, he systematically picked apart the D, and when he was blitzed, he made them pay. He was accurate, he was decisive, and kept himself upright the entire half. Obviously some anomalies occured that stalled some drives, but unless your standard is that he has to complete every pass and has to score a TD on every drive (and this is the mane, so i assume it is), i dont see how you can be discouraged from that.

I'm not discouraged at all so far. I just stated that our offense is in growing pains and might take awhile to hit O stride. The next game will give us a clue if we are ready for Pitt.

I voted C fpr present play on O but, at midseason expect it to be a B and next year an A

Cito Pelon
08-18-2012, 10:44 PM
I have no problem at all with Peyton. He has moved the ball well. Has shown enough arm strength. Work out the kinks and they'll be ready to roll.

Here we go with working out the kinks again with only one more audition, ah well what the hell, dude's gonna turn it on. Ok, we'll see what happens.

They sure gave Osweiler an audition.

ZONA
08-18-2012, 11:02 PM
Good lord, the dude hasn't played hardly any real football in sooo long. Of course there will be rust, not to mention new teammates, coach, system, city, yada yada. That 2 minute drill showed you what he can bring to the table. I didn't even vote because 1) methgood? seriously, are we going to be using this stupid phrase all year? 2) well, when we see Peyton for a full game or 2 in regular season, then we can have a poll.

SouthStndJunkie
08-18-2012, 11:17 PM
I'm not worried about Peyton Manning....I've seen enough to know that he needs to knock a little more rust off and get in synch with the offense and the players around him and he will be fine.

razorwire77
08-18-2012, 11:19 PM
Going to go with a C+/B-. He's still one of the most if not the most cerebral QB in the game. He can still kill you with the no-huddle and pick you apart with the underneath short stuff. He can still get some air under the ball when he throws a nine route. That being said, his arm strength is diminished, and I think it's significantly diminished. He's not going to be able to jack the ball up 45, 50 times per game and get in a shoot out with an Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, or even a Matthew Stafford and be on the winning end. As a team, Denver is going to have to play much more of a ball control offense than Manning played in Indy for this to work. That means we have to be able to establish the run game, which has me worried because Willis looks good in spots, but he's old and if we're honest we really have dick after that. . . a rookie that can't get in a game so far because he's hurt, Ball and Moreno Johnson and Omon are teh suck to mediocre at best.

Cito Pelon
08-18-2012, 11:35 PM
I have to say nobody is scared of Peyton's arm today. Too bad for us. Dude doesn't scare anybody anymore.

DBroncos4life
08-18-2012, 11:49 PM
I have to say nobody is scared of Peyton's arm today. Too bad for us. Dude doesn't scare anybody anymore.

LOL

ol#7
08-19-2012, 01:23 AM
LOL

In fairness, there have been some rather soft throws. Either that's a lot of rust to knock off or he just isnt back to form.

ZONA
08-19-2012, 02:33 AM
Honestly, why is anybody even talking about arm strength. Was there a single pass that was not completed due to lack of arm strength? I didn't see one. I saw one that floated on him and it would have been a tough completion anyway because the safety was coming over the top. The INT that was batted at the LOS had nothing to do with strength. The dropped passes had nothing to do with strength. The arm strength is a non issue for me. He looks good moving around the pocket. You saw from the 2 minute drill how he can just pick apart a team and move the ball down the field fast. We'll be OK at the QB position people. Relax. Now I can't say the same thing about LB. That's going to be an issue for us. Anybody calling for DJ to be sent packing better realize, we NEED him. Mays and Woodyard are NOT starting LB's for most teams.

extralife
08-19-2012, 03:34 AM
Was there a single pass that was not completed due to lack of arm strength?

maybe, maybe not, but peyton's not dumb--he's not going to throw a ball that he doesn't know he can make work. he's not a gunslinger. keep in mind we haven't even tried anything more than 20 yards downfield yet either. it's a legitimate concern.

Bronco Yoda
08-19-2012, 05:05 AM
I'm not worried about PM. I'm cautiously concerned with everything else.

We still have very little depth anywhere. At full strength we can win some games. But you take just one of our average starting players out and our units seriously degrade. Our roster is still SOoooooooooo thin. Take Kuper out and look what it does to our line. Take someone like DJ out and look what it does to our LB's. On and on. Take McGahee out and where are we at running the ball? These are the type of players that good teams could move on without and just keep on roll'n. Not us.

Bronco Yoda
08-19-2012, 05:05 AM
I'm not worried about PM. I'm cautiously concerned with everything else.

We still have very little depth anywhere. At full strength we can win some games. But you take just one of our average starting players out and our units seriously degrade. Our roster is still SOoooooooooo thin. Take Kuper out and look what it does to our line. Take someone like DJ out and look what it does to our LB's. On and on. Take McGahee out and where are we at running the ball? These are the type of players that good teams could move on without and just keep on roll'n. Not us.

cutthemdown
08-19-2012, 05:27 AM
Manning looks like he can still play to me. Little rusty as is the whole offense. I think Broncos will need about 8 games to start clicking. They will be 50/50 or so to make playoffs. A lot has to do with if any other afc west team much better then we think. Oak/KC for sure have problems I watched them. SD not sure yet have not watched them.

I think Manning if he stays healthy will have a huge second half to the yr, then next yr really go off. Like 4500 yrds plus with 30 plus tds.

This yr I think he gets more like 3800-400 with maybe 20-25 tds.

It takes a while to get an offense clicking with the coaching staff and all the players. Plus a yr at least for elway to fix all those holes we had. One more round of FA and the draft and we could start to look pretty good.

This yr will have some growing pains early in the season.

rmsanger
08-19-2012, 06:09 AM
There is no I in Peyton but there is an INT in his game!

Dean
08-19-2012, 06:39 AM
When I watch Manning so far this season I see a QB that hasn't been in a Broncos uniform for the last decade. Granted on a few throws the ball came out of his hand a little funny but overall there are rare skills that most QBs don't have.

Peyton is actually able to correctly read a defense, to have a pocket presence, and to get the ball to the open receiver. When was the last time all those qualities occurred in the same Broncos' QB?

Basically, when I watch Manning his leadership and skills gives me a sense of anticipation, a belief that he can carry a team. I haven't really felt that in years. IMO we are on the right path and things will continue to improve.

errand
08-19-2012, 06:57 AM
Beer Belly!

LOL ....I think that's the flak jacket rib protector you're seeing....

errand
08-19-2012, 07:03 AM
Flak jacket I was thinking today was not the first Qb to ever were them was Elway ?

First QB to wear one was the Oilers Dan Pastorini after a rib injury, the guy who developed it demonstrated it by getting whacked in ribs by baseball bat while wearing it

ColoradoDarin
08-19-2012, 07:22 AM
Meh, he's a little rusty, but I expected him to be at this point - 20 months off will do that. I'm not worried.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-19-2012, 08:13 AM
The Mane: where 16-23 and two long TD drives means terrible arm strength and a washed up qb

Cito Pelon
08-19-2012, 08:14 AM
PMFM installed his own offense after the set plays were called in and resulted in a 3 and out on the first O series. 23 pass attempts in one half of play. I wonder if that will be the case this entire year.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-19-2012, 08:15 AM
maybe, maybe not, but peyton's not dumb--he's not going to throw a ball that he doesn't know he can make work. he's not a gunslinger. keep in mind we haven't even tried anything more than 20 yards downfield yet either. it's a legitimate concern.

He had a 22 yard completion to stokely and the deep ball that Thomas gave up on was well over twenty.

The Mane: where unless every pass is an 80 yard TD in triple coverage, you're ****

Rigs11
08-19-2012, 08:24 AM
It was nice seeing a qb stand in the pocket and go through his progressions again instead of locking onto one guy and then taking off running.

Cito Pelon
08-19-2012, 08:49 AM
He had a 22 yard completion to stokely and the deep ball that Thomas gave up on was well over twenty.

The Mane: where unless every pass is an 80 yard TD in triple coverage, you're ****

Yeah, PM was working the field pretty good, spreading the ball around on short to intermediate routes. Lance Ball was a good outlet for him on quite a few plays.

BroncoBeavis
08-19-2012, 08:57 AM
Where's the Zzzzzzz....preseason....Zzzzzzzz option?

Hulamau
08-19-2012, 12:46 PM
Well? for me... dude is still cerebral as hell, and can pick apart any defense most of the time, but he's clearly lost some velocity and touch. While the velocity issue can't be fixed, I hope that the nerves continue to regenerate so that he gets a little touch back.

Rating: B+

He's played exactly one half of football in 20 months! Patience please ... it must be the Madden effect.

Everyone judges these things like its fantasy football. He still has plenty velocity as he showed on both the 22 yarder to Stokely and the sure TD pass to butter-fingers Tamme to end an 80 yard 2:30 classic Manning drive before half time.

The 'touch' you speak of is mostly just timing and rhythm with the new team and getting back in the groove after so much time not playing real live football.

Champ was raving about how incredibly accurate his ball placement has been during camp. I have very little worries about Manning. He'll be fine as the team gels around him and he continues to shake off the rust.

BTW, 69.5% completion and 177 yards passing and one 99 times in 100 sure TD pass while engineering another 80 yard long superb drive for the McGahee rushing TD in his first full half in 20 months is not half bad QB-ing where I come from!

Peyton had one actual bad pass out of 23 attempts and that one sailed on him for the INT. It happens ...

Hulamau
08-19-2012, 12:50 PM

No kidding, some of these guys have 'Madden 2012' mentality. Where anything short of 4 TDs per half on 300 yards passing and they are ready to start slitting wrists. :sunshine:

lonestar
08-19-2012, 12:53 PM
anyone that thought we would be scoring 35+ points a game with all the changes that have been done to this team over the last 5 years is NUTS..

THey failed to factor in all the kiddies we have on the team.. not to mention how many different schemes on D and then on O since Tanahan left..

Hell Mannings skill players had been with him longer than most of our skill players have been in the NFL combined, if you factor out MaGahee..

a Great O takes time to get into sync..

Still looking like a 7-9 season at best..

lonestar
08-19-2012, 12:58 PM
The Mane: where 16-23 and two long TD drives means terrible arm strength and a washed up qb

:thumbs:

Stuck in Cali
08-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Only seen the highlights, will see the game tonight. Not concerned about Peyton, never have been, imo he is not the type of person to be even playing if he couldn't do it at a high level.

lolcopter
08-19-2012, 01:32 PM
There have been a few ducks but the offense seems to still be gelling

The two minute drill was encouraging

NFLBRONCO
08-19-2012, 01:41 PM
anyone that thought we would be scoring 35+ points a game with all the changes that have been done to this team over the last 5 years is NUTS..

THey failed to factor in all the kiddies we have on the team.. not to mention how many different schemes on D and then on O since Tanahan left..

Hell Mannings skill players had been with him longer than most of our skill players have been in the NFL combined, if you factor out MaGahee..

a Great O takes time to get into sync..

Still looking like a 7-9 season at best..

Exactly I agree 100% 12 record: no clue

The question was so far so I voted C. - what I expected from offense at this stage of playing together.

The question was not what Manning era will be like in a month 2 months or next year or longer.

It has nothing to do with freaking out or expecting unrealistic results right away. Its just concerns I have at some positions going into 12 regular season. The FO might not agree with my concerns and do nothing. I just think we could be alot stronger with upgrades at certain positions.

CEH
08-19-2012, 01:54 PM
Manning in 2010 completed 70% of his passes 0-20 yards
ONly 30% on passes over 20 yards pre injury so father time may be creeping in back in 2010

lonestar
08-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Exactly I agree 100% 12 record: no clue

The question was so far so I voted C. - what I expected from offense at this stage of playing together.

The question was not what Manning era will be like in a month 2 months or next year or longer.

It has nothing to do with freaking out or expecting unrealistic results right away. Its just concerns I have at some positions going into 12 regular season. The FO might not agree with my concerns and do nothing. I just think we could be alot stronger with upgrades at certain positions.

Overall we are much better across the board than last year even taking out the QB spot.. but Tanahan left us in such a hole due to poor talent evals during his decade after SBs it just takes time to rebuild.. 3 years is not enough..

Had wanted a MLB and safety in this draft along with DT and OL backup.. those were the areas we hurt at.. and depth almost across the board..

NFLBRONCO
08-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Overall we are much better across the board than last year even taking out the QB spot.. but Tanahan left us in such a hole due to poor talent evals during his decade after SBs it just takes time to rebuild.. 3 years is not enough..

Had wanted a MLB and safety in this draft along with DT and OL backup.. those were the areas we hurt at.. and depth almost across the board..

I'd add McD's too because even decent drafting with all those picks we had our rebuild would be farther along but, instead he did awful. I agree with what your saying here though.

Gort
08-19-2012, 02:28 PM
but... but... but... i thought the Manningboners guaranteed a 16-0 regular season, an easy walk through the playoffs, and another Lombardi this year just because we got an aging veteran QB with health problems for the low, low price of $97M.

Hilarious!

the reality is that 2012 is a throwaway season. Manning is not 100% (yet!?). Manning does not have chemistry with his receivers here. our receivers here are not as good as the homers think (e.g. DT loafing on that long pass from Manning when he thought the ball wasn't coming his way). the schedule is brutal. we are lacking depth all across the roster. we are now getting some injury problems. etc. etc. etc.

i don't expect the playoffs this year. we're going to be in the 7 to 9 win range by the time the season ends. it's 2013 where the signing of Manning will need to start paying dividends.

NFLBRONCO
08-19-2012, 02:38 PM
but... but... but... i thought the Manningboners guaranteed a 16-0 regular season, an easy walk through the playoffs, and another Lombardi this year just because we got an aging veteran QB with health problems for the low, low price of $97M.

Hilarious!

the reality is that 2012 is a throwaway season. Manning is not 100% (yet!?). Manning does not have chemistry with his receivers here. our receivers here are not as good as the homers think (e.g. DT loafing on that long pass from Manning when he thought the ball wasn't coming his way). the schedule is brutal. we are lacking depth all across the roster. we are now getting some injury problems. etc. etc. etc.

i don't expect the playoffs this year. we're going to be in the 7 to 9 win range by the time the season ends. it's 2013 where the signing of Manning will need to start paying dividends.

I agree 100% with this for 2012. Privately I bet its how FO views it too. If things come together faster great for everybody.

DBroncos4life
08-19-2012, 02:53 PM

Hilarious!

Lol this team isn't going to finish 7-9. The only people predicting a sub .500 recod are tebowboners.

lonestar
08-19-2012, 03:11 PM
I'd add McD's too because even decent drafting with all those picks we had our rebuild would be farther along but, instead he did awful. I agree with what your saying here though.

let me show you what you missed. in my qoute..
just takes time to rebuild.. 3 years is not enough..

Did Josh make errors yep did his picks for the most part have potential? that remains to be seen.. ''We know that Tanahans DAFTS resulted in only 6 of the 41 top three rounds 1-3 were resigned to a second contract, might be 7 if lady does.. but right now Tanahans 13% retention rate looks pretty dismal.

Then to top that off with UFA after one another as total wastes of money for that quick fix.. we won a lot of games in the regular season but got our asses kicked in the playoffs every time BUT once after John retired..

we simply did not have the horsepower to win the big games in fact we lost a load of trap games because the guys took the game off..

and the real stinker was even with all that talent we had in the super bowl years to get our asses kicked at HOME by a start-up team to knock us out of the first years playoffs . Well IMO that just shows how poorly he motivated players..

lonestar
08-19-2012, 03:16 PM

Hilarious!

finally some without their heads in the clouds.. Just maybe we get lucky.. But anyone that is not a moron knows that every team we play will be coming into the games Knowing that Manning is starting and not Tebow or ORTON. They will be ready from the first snap not like last year looking past us most of teh year thinking it was their second bye week..

KO5K
08-19-2012, 03:20 PM
Lol this team isn't going to finish 7-9. The only people predicting a sub .500 recod are tebowboners.

Eh, outside of QB, the team isn't really improved over last years. Depth is still piss poor and when the injuries start rolling in there'll be problems.

The schedule is brutal this year, I know people will say it's too early to say that but a lot of the teams on the list are teams that are quality year in year out (Ravens, Steelers, Patriots etc).

Throw in new schemes on both sides of the ball and I think they'll do well to get 9-7, the AFCW is up for grabs.

lonestar
08-19-2012, 03:27 PM

While I liked Tebow for teh motivation he managed to get from teh rest of teh team..

HE was not ready(predicted to be a be a 3-4 year project) and frankly may never be ready..

I just see it as it is..

this team has to many holes that one or two drafts were ot going to fix..

EVEN if we got 2 stud starters in each of the last two drafts coming in we had holes in all of these spots QB, OL, DL S, CB, LB, WR, RB groups..

and that is not counting on the total lack of depth on the team.. One guy goes down and there is a cluster **** trying to patch the position..

And even if they had managed to get super stud starters for 4 spots how are tehy going to factor in being part of the team.. It takes years to build trust on the OL, not weeks.

By mid season we maybe in a spot that manning KNOWS his man will be where he is supposed to go but then you have to factor in hot reads and blitzes..

AMnning was used to his team KNOWING what he was going to do becasue they worked together for a half a decade at least.. not a few weeks of TC and 4 weeks of Preseason..

Some of y'all need to get your heads out of your asses..

Most of the WR's had to be taught the route tree and how to make a cut at exactly the right spot and TIME.. DO you think that will work on every play of the season?

DBroncos4life
08-19-2012, 03:27 PM
Eh, outside of QB, the team isn't really improved over last years. Depth is still piss poor and when the injuries start rolling in there'll be problems.

The schedule is brutal this year, I know people will say it's too early to say that but a lot of the teams on the list are teams that are quality year in year out (Ravens, Steelers, Patriots etc).

Throw in new schemes on both sides of the ball and I think they'll do well to get 9-7, the AFCW is up for grabs.

Outside of QB? DLINE has more talent and depth along with the secondary. Two positions at the LB spot are a concern on D. The O is going to gel sooner then later. This is a 10 team regardless of schedule.

lonestar
08-19-2012, 03:29 PM

a Great post most will not get it though..

They are the madden crowd or those that own FF teams.. where you can build a team in one year..

Agamemnon
08-19-2012, 04:11 PM

People do like to focus on the negative around here. No doubt about it.

I am a bit puzzled at how many interceptions Peyton has thrown in two games, but for the most part he's been throwing the ball well.

elsid13
08-19-2012, 04:34 PM
He just not up to NFL game speed yet, but you can see what it like to have real QB again.

TotallyScrewed
08-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Both INT's were pathetic...

1) Telegraph the throw well enough that a 300 lbs big ugly can time his leap to be at the peak when the ball gets there (3 yards away)? That dude did everything but spike that ball back into Manning's face.
2) Dying duck- Somebody around here would call that one of Tebow's ugliest throws. And the results couldn't have been much worse...kill a promising drive and set up the defense to protect a short field.

And as far as the dropped TD's (this week and last), Manning didn't put the ball in front of either player. His accuracy and strength are very questionable. Maybe it's rust, maybe it's not. We'll see.

peacepipe
08-19-2012, 04:46 PM

1) Telegraph the throw well enough that a 300 lbs big ugly can time his leap to be at the peak when the ball gets there (3 yards away)? That dude did everything but spike that ball back into Manning's face.
2) Dying duck- Somebody around here would call that one of Tebow's ugliest throws. And the results couldn't have been much worse...kill a promising drive and set up the defense to protect a short field.

And as far as the dropped TD's (this week and last), Manning didn't put the ball in front of either player. His accuracy and strength are very questionable. Maybe it's rust, maybe it's not. We'll see.

aparrently you're still butthurt over TT being traded. move on.

razorwire77
08-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Manning is a significant upgrade at the QB position. That being said, it can't be denied that his arm strength is nowhere close to what it was a few years ago. He's really having trouble driving the ball. It's not to say that he won't continue to regain strength in his arm, it's not to say that he won't run the no-huddle and pick teams apart with crossing routes and bubble screens etc. But I guarantee you teams are going to try to force him to make the high velocity throws down the middle of the field.

Bacchus
08-19-2012, 05:29 PM
I see Chowder Head voted for Brining Tebow back. Yeah he is not wanting to face Manning this year. Denver is going to beat the PATS!

errand
08-19-2012, 06:13 PM
People do like to focus on the negative around here. No doubt about it.

I am a bit puzzled at how many interceptions Peyton has thrown in two games, but for the most part he's been throwing the ball well.

Well, there's a reason why nobody has ever written a book on how to be negative...

go_broncos
08-19-2012, 06:22 PM
Luck > Manning..Really Jealous of Colts.

errand
08-19-2012, 06:22 PM
methgood? seriously, are we going to be using this stupid phrase all year?

I know right? These clowns are like Gretchen, trying to make "Fetch" happen...****ing clowns:clown::clown::clown:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Sir_24duiF4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

errand
08-19-2012, 06:44 PM

Hilarious!

Really? Please show us all those posts where someone guaranteed 16-0 and a cakewalk to SB....

I recall alot of posters saying he improved the team, and would increase our chances of making it to SB, and perhaps winning it....but then again we all know why you hated the signing.

Stephen Hill hates that we signed Manning too...because he would've had a TD last night.

errand
08-19-2012, 06:46 PM
Luck > Manning..Really Jealous of Colts.

Sure because two preseason games does a career make....:clown:

errand
08-19-2012, 06:47 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQvAraEF340

DBroncos4life
08-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Sure because two preseason games does a career make....:clown:

We should have left Orton as the starter then Luck would have been ours.

razorwire77
08-19-2012, 07:04 PM
He's going to be great, but still a rookie. He threw a pick six against a vanilla defense.

errand
08-19-2012, 07:08 PM
We should have left Orton as the starter then Luck would have been ours.

Well, we'll never know now....but we do know that Tebow wasn't gonna be the long term answer these nut jobs think he was.

Broncos_OTM
08-19-2012, 07:41 PM
p.r.e.s.e.a.s.o.n. did anyone happen to notice our first teamers won? there was a article? out there that questioned mannings ability to throw to the right. I'll be watching to see if this has any merit. I have learned to not expect anything, and be surprised when we have have years like last year, exciting! last year was a perfect storm. hopefully this year we can match and beat what we did. did I like tebow? yup did I like cutler? yup do I like manning? yup. I'm a broncos fan and neither tebow or cutler are with the team they are the enemy.

NUB
08-20-2012, 03:29 AM
He plays like a 36-year old Hall of Famer who has been out of the game for a year with a bum neck.

DENVERDUI55
08-20-2012, 07:37 AM
I finally got to watch the game. Manning looks good guys I don't know what the hell most of you guys are all up in arms over. Wait the guys that are whining only watched the highlights on Sportscenter where they pretty much just showed the INT's.

Kaylore
08-20-2012, 07:51 AM
I finally got to watch the game. Manning looks good guys I don't know what the hell most of you guys are all up in arms over. Wait the guys that are whining only watched the highlights on Sportscenter where they pretty much just showed the INT's.

People are incredibly dumb. Some of my facebook friends were complaining we wasted our money. Another said he's done and won't play more than a year. This is after two preseason games, mind you. Sooooooo stupid.

DENVERDUI55
08-20-2012, 07:55 AM
People are incredibly dumb. Some of my facebook friends were complaining we wasted our money. Another said he's done and won't play more than a year. This is after two preseason games, mind you. Sooooooo stupid.

In there defense they just aren't used to seeing a QB sit in the pocket and pick a defense apart. They also not sure what to do when a QB is blitzed and he steps up and makes a good throw. Preseason overreaction is in full force. Manning is 0-0 with 0 yards and 0 TD/INT's.

Drek
08-20-2012, 08:00 AM
Manning is feeling out what he can and can't still do on the football field, that's all. He's a whole lot closer to 100% of the old Manning than I expected in pre-season game 2, that's for sure.

Come the regular season Manning is going to know what he can and can't do and what our receivers can and can't do. He'll then QB this team based on those strengths.

Early on I'm expecting the passing offense to be good but not great with Manning using a lot of short to intermediate passes to chip away at defenses and extend drives. By the middle of the season though the offense will be fully in sync and will start taking bigger chunks of yardage per play. It will never be bad or truly struggle, just the explosive scoring will take some time to develop.

houghtam
08-20-2012, 08:29 AM
I came into this thread, hit Ctrl+F, typed "it's preseason", and hit enter. Nothing on Page 1. Nothing on Page 2. Nothing on Page 3. Nothing on Page 4...

Sooooo..

It's preseason.

???

CEH
08-20-2012, 08:30 AM
He plays like a 36-year old Hall of Famer who has been out of the game for a year with a bum neck.

Joe Montana threw all of 21 passes over two years (91 and 92) for SF before being traded and leading KC to the AFCC his first year in KC

Brett Farve did OK in Minny leading the Vikes to the NFCC game in a loaded NFC couple years ago

Just sayin I like his progress so far. Remember his bar was the best ever so if he doesn't reach that bar he's still a damn good QB

Bmore Manning
08-20-2012, 08:44 AM
Joe Montana threw all of 21 passes over two years (91 and 92) for SF before being traded and leading KC to the AFCC his first year in KC

Brett Farve did OK in Minny leading the Vikes to the NFCC game in a loaded NFC couple years ago

Just sayin I like his progress so far. Remember his bar was the best ever so if he doesn't reach that bar he's still a damn good QB

What does that mean? Your comparing apples to oranges bigggg time.

Tombstone RJ
08-20-2012, 08:57 AM
Manning looks fine. He's a little rusty but that is to be expected. As others have mentioned there's a lot of issues that he is still working out like, new team, new coaches, new teammates, new offense, etc. Oh, and he is coming back from an injury and he hasn't played a meaningful game in a long time.

This is why there is a preseason to begin with. I believe that Manning really never did anything in preseason when he was with the colts, that is, didn't he basically peace-out from preseason games over the years with Indy?

Now he's full steam ahead for this preseason because he knows he needs the reps.

CEH
08-20-2012, 08:58 AM
What does that mean? Your comparing apples to oranges bigggg time.

If you can't figure it out I'm not going to take the time to explain it to you.

Bmore Manning
08-20-2012, 09:11 AM
If you can't figure it out I'm not going to take the time to explain it to you.

Your third sentence was an add on that wasn't there when I quoted you. Comparing the three QBs makes no sense. Yes your insinuating that a good HOF QB can still get it done even with time off from the game. But neither Montana or Favre or Manning have the same physical or team circumstances.

TotallyScrewed
08-20-2012, 02:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQvAraEF340

So your thought is...Tebow under threw a ball!!

And that compares to two bad interceptions??

I happen to agree that Tebow needs lots of work and maybe will never be a top QB in the NFL. Heck there are a lot of poor QB's starting in the NFL.

That said (and believe what you want), I think Tebow was right to under throw that ball and the receiver should come back to the QB to help prevent a pick by the defense. If anything, Tebow has a tendency to avoid the throw to prevent the INT...that's part of why he holds the ball too darn long.

Irish Stout
08-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Your third sentence was an add on that wasn't there when I quoted you. Comparing the three QBs makes no sense. Yes your insinuating that a good HOF QB can still get it done even with time off from the game. But neither Montana or Favre or Manning have the same physical or team circumstances.

If you're going to get this picky, then you can never compare anything to anything different ever.

NFLBRONCO
08-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Peyton is ok at this point. He'll get better the more games he plays. If Manning looks like this next summer esp with long ball then concern should start.

Our weak a** skill players concern me way more

Bmore Manning
08-20-2012, 02:58 PM
If you're going to get this picky, then you can never compare anything to anything different ever.

Lol..

BroncoBeavis
08-20-2012, 03:46 PM
With Manning and some solid D, playoffs are a lock.

Success in the playoffs is a different question, and I don't think we sniff an AFC title without at least some semblance of the running success we had last year.

Only way we miss the playoffs though (unless Peyton gets carted) is if we can't run and the D falls apart. But I guess those two are semi-related. In any case it'll have little to do with Mannings play.

errand
08-20-2012, 06:14 PM
So your thought is...Tebow under threw a ball!!

And that compares to two bad interceptions??

I happen to agree that Tebow needs lots of work and maybe will never be a top QB in the NFL. Heck there are a lot of poor QB's starting in the NFL.

That said (and believe what you want), I think Tebow was right to under throw that ball and the receiver should come back to the QB to help prevent a pick by the defense. If anything, Tebow has a tendency to avoid the throw to prevent the INT...that's part of why he holds the ball too darn long.

Are you kidding me? on that play the back judge had better coverage on Hill than any Giant did....

DBroncos4life
08-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Are you kidding me? on that play the back judge had better coverage on Hill than any Giant did....

Dude these nuts will make up anything to make him look better. Remember the phantom tipped ball the first week?

Cito Pelon
08-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Looks like PM has two more years in him at a decent level, that's it. He'll work the short to intermediate passing well, but he won't be able to fling it long. Two years and that's it for the guy.

pricejj
08-20-2012, 08:17 PM
Only way we miss the playoffs though (unless Peyton gets carted) is if we can't run and the D falls apart.

...seeing signs of this already.

DBroncos4life
08-20-2012, 08:24 PM
Seriously it takes someone special to freak out over preseason football

BroncoBeavis
08-20-2012, 08:50 PM
...seeing signs of this already.

Like I've said before, I don't have much hope for the run. I think so long as Warren stays healthy our D will be better than last year.

And preseason is really and truly meaningless in almost every way. Maybe only good for watching players in one-on-one matchups to see what they're made of.

When it comes to scheme, everything a team can do to improve from the year before they're probably avoiding showing off in preseason. I can't imagine Peyton wants to show much of anything he has in mind once the games start counting.

pricejj
08-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Like I've said before, I don't have much hope for the run. I think so long as Warren stays healthy our D will be better than last year.

Warren replaces Bunkley...without Dawkins in the middle, this Defense was crap....now minus D.J too....middle of the D is soft like a twinkie.

And preseason is really and truly meaningless in almost every way. Maybe only good for watching players in one-on-one matchups to see what they're made of.

You could tell from the Nate Webster Defenses that we weren't going to be able to stop the run...not saying this Defense is that bad, but they're not that good either. Mays is still Idiot Cannonball, Woodyard is still a backup, Mike Adams ain't no Brian Dawkins, and Justin Bannan is what we thought he was.

When it comes to scheme, everything a team can do to improve from the year before they're probably avoiding showing off in preseason. I can't imagine Peyton wants to show much of anything he has in mind once the games start counting.

Manning is running exactly what he is going to be running during the season...it's all about execution. The Colts had about 6 passing plays, and 3 running plays, that's all. I'm not worried about the Offense, though, we should have had 17 in the first half.

BroncoBeavis
08-20-2012, 10:00 PM
Warren replaces Bunkley...without Dawkins in the middle, this Defense was crap....now minus D.J too....middle of the D is soft like a twinkie.

DJ's a problem. But 6 games isn't a season. I think we'll get through. And I think the addition of Meth Power to the line gives us a lot more flexibility, so long as Ty's there to be an anchor while Ayers and MW get moved around. I think Ty has much upside than Bunk did...if he can stay on the field.

But hey, it's preseason.

pricejj
08-21-2012, 07:47 AM
DJ's a problem. But 6 games isn't a season. I think we'll get through. And I think the addition of Meth Power to the line gives us a lot more flexibility, so long as Ty's there to be an anchor while Ayers and MW get moved around. I think Ty has much upside than Bunk did...if he can stay on the field.

But hey, it's preseason.

1. D.J. will be gone for 10 games.
2. They are asking WAY too much of Wolfe right now. Playing him at DE is taking away his effectiveness as a pass rushing UT. Not impressed with Bannan, never was.
3. I like Ty Warren, he's good, but upside is not the right word to use. He's an aging defender, on a 1 year contract, who has been out of the NFL for 2 years. He should be stout against the run, with some push...Vickerson can contribute too...
4. In the end, it doesn't really matter if the LB's can't tackle.

BroncoBeavis
08-21-2012, 08:12 AM
1. D.J. will be gone for 10 games.

I forgot that was a possibility with the piss test thing, right? Hope it doesn't happen.

2. They are asking WAY too much of Wolfe right now. Playing him at DE is taking away his effectiveness as a pass rushing UT.

I hope to see him inside more myself, but I don't hate Ayers as much as some. In the end, I think JDR will put him where he has the most impact. Which is kinda what I meant when I said flexibility.

3. I like Ty Warren, he's good, but upside is not the right word to use. He's an aging defender, on a 1 year contract, who has been out of the NFL for 2 years. He should be stout against the run, with some push...Vickerson can contribute too...

Maybe upside isn't the best word. I guess what I mean is that if he can return to form, he's a much bigger impact player than Bunkley is capable of. But I wasn't a fan of getting rid of Bunkley either. He filled the role. We should've kept the depth. Now we just have to hope we don't need it.

4. In the end, it doesn't really matter if the LB's can't tackle.

True. And if DJ can't play, we can only hope Mays keeps reading the OM so we can teach him up. :)

pricejj
08-21-2012, 08:37 AM
I forgot that was a possibility with the piss test thing, right? Hope it doesn't happen.

2nd DUI conviction is probably another 4 games on top of the 6 games for non-human urine. Don't worry...it's gonna happen.

I hope to see him inside more myself, but I don't hate Ayers as much as some. In the end, I think JDR will put him where he has the most impact. Which is kinda what I meant when I said flexibility.

Yeah, Wolfe should be playing on the inside...not at LDE where JDR has him starting. Ayers should be starting LDE.

Maybe upside isn't the best word. I guess what I mean is that if he can return to form, he's a much bigger impact player than Bunkley is capable of. But I wasn't a fan of getting rid of Bunkley either. He filled the role. We should've kept the depth. Now we just have to hope we don't need it.

We need pass-rush ability from the DT position. Bunkley offered none of that and got a 5 year $25M contract...I don't mind that he moved on. Vickerson looked good in the 1st game, maybe he can oust Bannan at NT.

True. And if DJ can't play, we can only hope Mays keeps reading the OM so we can teach him up. :)

Mays is continuing to "work hard everyday". In the NFL, at MLB, it comes down to skill, and whether you have it or not. Mays is my adopt-a-Bronco, because I realize the success of the Defense hinges on his success.

BroncoBeavis
08-21-2012, 09:08 AM
Yeah, Wolfe should be playing on the inside...not at LDE where JDR has him starting. Ayers should be starting LDE.

I guess my mindset is that we're only two weeks into preseason. If there's a time to play around with this stuff, it's now.

How they line up after the first few weeks of the season is what'll matter at the end of the day.

lonestar
08-21-2012, 10:23 AM
DJ is gone for at least 8 games if not the season. For his dumdassery.

Frankly he is not all that. Yep loads of tackles. But if you watch him like I have most are after the ball carrier has the first down. So big whoop.

Time to move on and I suspect that is what happened when they drafted DT.