PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson a Broncos wikipedia says so lol

TD30
08-17-2012, 10:32 PM
Just watched hard knocks thought I would see who signed him and got a good laugh out of this

Kaylore
08-17-2012, 10:36 PM
Oprah....call me...

Taco John
08-17-2012, 10:54 PM
We've seen it happen more than once where Wikipedia broke news.

I wonder if he could beat out Stokley...

ZONA
08-17-2012, 11:09 PM
I highly doubt it but we'll see

ZONA
08-17-2012, 11:10 PM
Oprah....call me...

Not you Kaylor....you've been turned into wolfmeth - sad day. Cmon, dude is barely a starter and you change your avatar?

extralife
08-17-2012, 11:16 PM
my bad

canadianbroncosfan
08-18-2012, 12:14 AM
Already been changed

SouthStndJunkie
08-18-2012, 12:18 AM
I've got a better chance of catching passes from Peyton Manning this season than Chad Johnson does.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
08-18-2012, 01:02 AM
I feel like we just dodged a bullet.

TomServo
08-18-2012, 04:16 AM
if i had the time i would check on all the posters that wanted him and TO. Sign Him! they said

TomServo
08-18-2012, 04:18 AM
T O, chad ocho stupido. randy moss. Zero rings.
Rod Smith, two rings.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-18-2012, 06:37 AM
Child, please.

RhymesayersDU
08-18-2012, 06:55 AM
Rod Smith, two rings.

Meaning what, exactly?

broncosteven
08-18-2012, 11:20 AM
Not you Kaylor....you've been turned into wolfmeth - sad day. Cmon, dude is barely a starter and you change your avatar?

It only took one hit to end him up on Meth Alley smoking cigs.

houghtam
08-18-2012, 12:02 PM
Meaning what, exactly?

Prima donna WRs are a dime a dozen and having one doesn't necessarily correlate to Super Bowl wins?

Kaylore
08-18-2012, 12:29 PM
It only took one hit to end him up on Meth Alley smoking cigs.

I was on my knees, begging, tears in my eyes to stay off the menthol cigarettes.

bases055
08-18-2012, 04:23 PM
why does it now say that he is number 12? Wouldn't that be doce? Chad "Douche" Stinko

Edit: I just looked at it, has 85 again...

RhymesayersDU
08-19-2012, 12:28 AM
Prima donna WRs are a dime a dozen and having one doesn't necessarily correlate to Super Bowl wins?

The WRs listed aren't a dime a dozen.

SPORTSWRITER
08-19-2012, 06:40 AM
Rod Smith, two rings.

Yeah. But I thought Moss got a ring with the Pats. I'm probably wrong though.

houghtam
08-19-2012, 07:14 AM
The WRs listed aren't a dime a dozen.

Okay?

Let me revise.

Having a prima donna WR doesn't necessarily correlate to winning a Super Bowl.

Care to look at the last 10 years of Super Bowl winners and point to the long history of WRs with great on-field prowess and horrible off-field self discipline?

Oh wait, there's not.

broncosteven
08-19-2012, 10:10 AM
Yeah. But I thought Moss got a ring with the Pats. I'm probably wrong though.

Wasn't that the year they went undefeated and lost? It has been nearly 10 years since Brady won a SB.

houghtam
08-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Wasn't that the year they went undefeated and lost? It has been nearly 10 years since Brady won a SB.

Yeah Moss doesn't have a ring.

I could be wrong, but the last WR to earn a ring that could be correctly called a "flava clown", "prima donna", or anything of the like was Michael Irvin almost 20 years ago. Burress didn't start acting like a turd until after his Super Bowl. Guys like them are not needed to win a championship, and in fact the case could be made that, for the most part, they do more harm than good.

Give me one Rod Smith over two Randy Mosses, thankyouverymuch.

StugotsIII
08-19-2012, 10:30 AM
He sucks.

RhymesayersDU
08-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Okay?

Let me revise.

Having a prima donna WR doesn't necessarily correlate to winning a Super Bowl.

Care to look at the last 10 years of Super Bowl winners and point to the long history of WRs with great on-field prowess and horrible off-field self discipline?

Oh wait, there's not.

I guess I just don't understand the "prima donna" aspect of this. And I really don't get how that "validates" a guy like Rod Smith.

If anything, you could argue that you don't need a great WR to win a Super Bowl, period, as long as you have a great QB.

But that doesn't make guys like TO, Johnson, Moss less extraordinary at playing the WR position.

houghtam
08-19-2012, 11:02 AM
I guess I just don't understand the "prima donna" aspect of this. And I really don't get how that "validates" a guy like Rod Smith.

If anything, you could argue that you don't need a great WR to win a Super Bowl, period, as long as you have a great QB.

But that doesn't make guys like TO, Johnson, Moss less extraordinary at playing the WR position.

The person you originally questioned I believe was making the point that great wide receivers without off field issues > great wide receivers with off field issues.

TO, Moss and Ocho have accomplished nothing for the teams they play for in this league. They have done great in the individual stat department, meanwhile they have left every team they have played for in flames. WRs like that are the Aeneas of our time. Every city they leave burns.

RhymesayersDU
08-19-2012, 11:12 AM
The person you originally questioned I believe was making the point that great wide receivers without off field issues > great wide receivers with off field issues.

TO, Moss and Ocho have accomplished nothing for the teams they play for in this league. They have done great in the individual stat department, meanwhile they have left every team they have played for in flames. WRs like that are the Aeneas of our time. Every city they leave burns.

Oh that's a little dramatic, don't you think? In flames, really?

And what else is there for a WR besides individual statistics? They're paid to catch footballs. And Randy Moss in particular has set NFL records doing just that.

I get that they're unlikeable guys. That's fine. But that's not the reason their respective teams didn't win. They all played their positions at a very high level.

broncosteven
08-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Oh that's a little dramatic, don't you think? In flames, really?

And what else is there for a WR besides individual statistics? They're paid to catch footballs. And Randy Moss in particular has set NFL records doing just that.

I get that they're unlikeable guys. That's fine. But that's not the reason their respective teams didn't win. They all played their positions at a very high level.

His point is you don't need an ass clown to get to the SB. Ed and Rod were consistent and let their play on the field do the talking.

Rice and Taylor were quiet guys who killed on field but you never heard them trash talk or send anyone Pepto or wear jackets on the sidelines.

You need good WR's to win a SB, you just don't need the flavor clowns.

houghtam
08-19-2012, 11:21 AM
His point is you don't need an ass clown to get to the SB. Ed and Rod were consistent and let their play on the field do the talking.

Rice and Taylor were quiet guys who killed on field but you never heard them trash talk or send anyone Pepto or wear jackets on the sidelines.

You need good WR's to win a SB, you just don't need the flavor clowns.

This.

And I'm not even bringing the greatest WR of all time into the discussion. I would rather have John Taylor on my teams than Randy Moss.

Moss got a bunch of individual records. Yaaaaaay. How do you think the Vikings and Raiders feel about him? TO was/is a physical specimen. So was David Boston. Both have the same amount of rings.

What else is there for a WR besides individual stats?

TheChamp24
08-19-2012, 11:33 AM
TO and Moss are two of the best receivers in NFL history folks. Top 5, they dominated in their prime.
Chad Johnson was on that tier below, still a great WR though.
That said, if people think they wouldn't want Moss or TO in their primes, that is ridiculous.

extralife
08-19-2012, 03:04 PM
I would rather have John Taylor on my teams than Randy Moss.

This is because you are stupid.

Your amazing argument here is that Randy Moss - personality issues would be better than Randy Moss with personality issues. Ok, cool. Doesn't mean the Randy Moss we got isn't one of the best players in the history of the league. He also happened to be the best skill position player on two of the best offenses in the history of the NFL. Nearly a decade apart at that. Rings are rings, some people get them and some people don't. A WR is only one guy.

RhymesayersDU
08-19-2012, 05:54 PM
Yeah, crazy fan rhetoric is always amusing.

Also hilarious is that Rod Smith was arrested for choking and hitting his wife.

But at least he's not a "prima donna," right?

houghtam
08-19-2012, 06:22 PM
Yeah, crazy fan rhetoric is always amusing.

Also hilarious is that Rod Smith was arrested for choking and hitting his wife.

But at least he's not a "prima donna," right?

Yeah, that's hilarious.

RhymesayersDU
08-19-2012, 06:24 PM
All I know is, I'd rather have a team full of wife beaters than a team full of Randy Moss-es.

TheChamp24
08-19-2012, 08:07 PM
This is because you are stupid.

Your amazing argument here is that Randy Moss - personality issues would be better than Randy Moss with personality issues. Ok, cool. Doesn't mean the Randy Moss we got isn't one of the best players in the history of the league. He also happened to be the best skill position player on two of the best offenses in the history of the NFL. Nearly a decade apart at that. Rings are rings, some people get them and some people don't. A WR is only one guy.

But seriously, Moss was on a team a mere field goal away from going to the Super Bowl his rookie year, and would've been a tough matchup for our beloved Broncos.
Then spent numerous years on a poorly coached Vikings team producing monstrous numbers.
Then traded to the stinkhole in Oakland on a very poorly talented team.
Traded to New England, a few plays away from WINNING a Super Bowl posting a record setting season at WR.

Can't fault Moss for no rings. One of my favorite players in the game, he was just a crazy freak at WR. Now he did have some faults, but his prime, he was unbelievable and I seriously thought he might have a chance at Rice's records.

Stuck in Cali
08-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Moss, Owens, and Johnson.

They all played at a high level when the play was designed to go to them. The rest of the time they really didn't help their teams. It's proven that they all took lots of plays/games off cause the game plan was not focused around them. Hell it was always all about them, never about the team.

Swedish Extrovert
09-04-2012, 08:40 PM
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/29/3sYIA2bEmk2EbtpfkrGWbg2.jpg

SPORTSWRITER
09-05-2012, 05:23 AM
We've seen it happen more than once where Wikipedia broke news.

I wonder if he could beat out Stokley...

John, I don't want him! I think Brandon Stokely will be better for the Broncos because of his experience with Manning, and his outstanding route running ability. Just my opinion though. Anybody else??