PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Elway's comment about how well Peyton is throwing the ball coming under fire.

Bronco Rob
08-17-2012, 10:56 AM
Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless discuss John Elway's comments about how well Peyton Manning is throwing the ball.

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?&playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:8277456&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

;)

Houshyamama
08-17-2012, 11:02 AM
I'm not even going to watch this, might as well listen to a couple of drunk morons argue about it in a bar. Bayless and Smith represent everything wrong with sports journalism.

dictionary
08-17-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm not even going to watch this, might as well listen to a couple of drunk morons argue about it in a bar. Bayless and Smith represent everything wrong with sports journalism.

I always imagine them with the voices of Jimmy and Timmy ala South Park...

DENVERDUI55
08-17-2012, 11:09 AM
Here is some better insight.

http://youtu.be/SBdHJNKFpD8

LRtagger
08-17-2012, 11:14 AM
I wouldnt call it under fire. They both are "buying" what Elway is saying and then they go back and forth about whether he will be able to take a hit

then skip gets butthurt at the end about tebow

razorwire77
08-17-2012, 11:16 AM
You could create a 7 foot tall 320 pound genetically modified super quarterback consisting of all of the best traits of Elway, Montana, Unitas, Peyton, and Brady and that QB could throw for 7000 yards and lead the Broncos to back-to-back-to-back-to back Super Bowl wins and Skip would still be butt-hurt about Timothy Richard.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-17-2012, 11:18 AM
The more skip and smith yell at each other, the extra bonuses kick it. They memorize their rants off a producers script. Written out for them already. Neither could care less about Elways view, or Tebow when the cameras turn off.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-17-2012, 11:19 AM
You could create a 7 foot tall 320 pound genetically modified super quarterback consisting of all of the best traits of Elway, Montana, Unitas, Peyton, and Brady and that QB could throw for 7000 yards and lead the Broncos to back-to-back-to-back-to back Super Bowl wins and Skip would still be butt-hurt about Timothy Richard.

Hey razor, are those chicks wearing chastity belts?

Captain 'Dre
08-17-2012, 11:24 AM
Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless discuss John Elway's comments about how well Peyton Manning is throwing the ball.

;)

Isn't Stephen A. Smith a basketball guy?!?!?

To him, a "quarterback" is what you get after putting a dollar in the vending machine for a pack of gum...

razorwire77
08-17-2012, 11:59 AM
Hey razor, are those chicks wearing chastity belts?

My guess would be the belt is to cover up hair. . . . lot's and lot's of hair.

Garcia Bronco
08-17-2012, 12:04 PM

Is op/ed really journalism?

Taco John
08-17-2012, 12:07 PM
Isn't Stephen A. Smith a basketball guy?!?!?

To him, a "quarterback" is what you get after putting a dollar in the vending machine for a pack of gum...

He buys his gum from vending machines? Like gumballs? But you don't get a quarter back from those kinds... I'm so confused right now.

Taco John
08-17-2012, 12:08 PM

Nope. It's entertainment - which is the whole point of ESPN.

Houshyamama
08-17-2012, 12:41 PM

I suppose not. Whatever it is, it needs to just end. Someone please take them off the air. MAKE THE BAD MAN STOP

Mogulseeker
08-17-2012, 01:46 PM

7'2", 320 with 1% body fat, a 4.1 40, and 50 bench reps.... Peyton's smarts, Brady's accuracy, Elway's arm strength, Vick's moves...

Nwp-Apap
08-17-2012, 02:03 PM
7'2", 320 with 1% body fat, a 4.1 40, and 50 bench reps.... Peyton's smarts, Brady's accuracy, Elway's arm strength, Vick's moves...

If he was that big, at that low a BF%, he sure had better be able to do way more than 50 reps. Guys with much less muscle mass do that now.

uplink
08-17-2012, 03:00 PM
Wow, I though Skip Bayless just covered Tebow for ESPN!

Mogulseeker
08-17-2012, 03:31 PM
If he was that big, at that low a BF%, he sure had better be able to do way more than 50 reps. Guys with much less muscle mass do that now.

No player on the Broncos can do 50 reps... and the difficulty of reps goes up exponentially the taller you are.

Tim Tebow did 24 reps... which would make the guy twice as strong as Tebow, who's pretty strong. Some people are just impossible to please.

Taco John
08-17-2012, 03:42 PM
Dammit. I wasn't going to watch this, but I'm bored... Here goes nothing...

mkporter
08-17-2012, 04:22 PM

I think the bigger problem is that with that little BF, the dude is probably dead.

cmhargrove
08-17-2012, 05:01 PM
You think Smith and Bayless are secret lovers? I smell sexual tension, ebony and ivory, all that crap.

jutang
08-17-2012, 06:55 PM
If a player could do 50 reps I'd expect some hadouken fireball coming out of his stiff arm.

Missouribronc
08-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Skip Bayless used to be so respected.

What a moron. Yes, the offense will be remarkably better with Manning. A two year old could see that.

maven
08-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Stephen A knows when to shut up, Skip is just diarrhea of the mouth.

Stephen picks the Broncos to win the AFC West if Manning is healthy. Skip does not(no shocker).

Steelers, national stage, sunday night, opening game @home.

Damn i'm pumped!

The nation will see whether Manning can cut it.

:strong:

errand
08-17-2012, 07:25 PM

What a moron. Yes, the offense will be remarkably better with Manning. A two year old could see that.

...well, we all know why he thinks we won't win the West and why he can't see that the O will be improved.

Missouribronc
08-17-2012, 07:31 PM
...well, we all know why he thinks we won't win the West and why he can't see that the O will be improved.

I THINK everyone knows why, but, well, there are some stupid people in this world.

maven
08-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Skip is 60 years old and banking. I don't blame him.

Turd_Ferguson
08-17-2012, 07:42 PM

You mean like back in the 90s when he started a rumor that Troy Aikman was gay? Read Boys Will Be Boys: The Glory Days and Party Nights of the Dallas Cowboys Dynasty by Jeff Pearlman and you will see just how respected this scum bag is. It includes a story about Michael Irving stabbing a teammate in the neck over a spot in line to get his hair cut, and an entire chapter devoted to how big a piece of **** Skip Bayless is, and always has been.

Bronco Rob
08-17-2012, 09:11 PM
You mean like back in the 90s when he started a rumor that Troy Aikman was gay? Read Boys Will Be Boys: The Glory Days and Party Nights of the Dallas Cowboys Dynasty by Jeff Pearlman and you will see just how respected this scum bag is. It includes a story about Michael Irving stabbing a teammate in the neck over a spot in line to get his hair cut, and an entire chapter devoted to how big a piece of **** Skip Bayless is, and always has been.

:strong:

Captain 'Dre
08-18-2012, 04:00 PM
He buys his gum from vending machines? Like gumballs? But you don't get a quarter back from those kinds... I'm so confused right now.

No... the same kind of vending machine you'd get a small bag of Cheetos from.