PDA

View Full Version : Kuper

Pages : [1] 2

MABroncoFan
08-14-2012, 09:36 AM
Lindsay Jones‏@PostBroncos

Chris Kuper walking into locker room with a trainer. He looks very unhappy. #broncos

Warren's not practicing again today. Trevathan, Brooking, Carter, and Porter too.

theAPAOps5
08-14-2012, 09:38 AM
****, ****, ****, ****

Requiem
08-14-2012, 09:38 AM
C'mon Kupes, we need ya!

Smiling Assassin27
08-14-2012, 09:40 AM
Sakic's watching practice today

Bronco Rob
08-14-2012, 09:43 AM
Anybody know whats happening with Ty Warren? I know he missed practices due to "personal reasons"...

???

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-14-2012, 09:44 AM
Power plates don't do shyt. Bring back Tuten

TheReverend
08-14-2012, 09:45 AM
Hopefully he's mad because they told him to rest and heal for a week because we need him in September and not August.

Hercules Rockefeller
08-14-2012, 09:46 AM
Anybody know whats happening with Ty Warren? I know he missed practices due to "personal reasons"...

???

Check Rant Sports, I'm sure they have sources that can shed some light on his situation.

kupesdad
08-14-2012, 09:55 AM
It isn't great news I'm afraid

The upside is that it's not his leg

Broncos_OTM
08-14-2012, 09:59 AM
damnit!!!

ColoradoDarin
08-14-2012, 10:02 AM
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *****

MABroncoFan
08-14-2012, 10:05 AM
Broncos RapidReports‏@CBSSportsNFLDEN

Bad sight for TE Julius Thomas ... He hobbles off the field after making a red zone catch, favoring his right leg. Trainers looking at him.

Beantown Bronco
08-14-2012, 10:06 AM

Ty Warren's dysentery became contagious?

LetsGoBroncos
Julius Thomas and Joe Mays also got dinged it sounds like

Drunk Monkey

Ray Finkle
08-14-2012, 10:08 AM

****!

Broncos_OTM
08-14-2012, 10:10 AM
I'm sorry, I don't think we'll ever get anything out of Julia's thomas. let's roll with ingram

MABroncoFan
08-14-2012, 10:10 AM

Ugh. Unfortunately, our source here can't be any better.

Shoulder or triceps related?

Broncos_OTM
08-14-2012, 10:14 AM

that was one of the nastiest leg injuries I've ever seen besides the theisman injury. I can't believe he's already on the field.

hope alls well

underrated29
08-14-2012, 10:17 AM

Did he break his wrist? How long will that take to heal.

GO KUPE!

Lestat
08-14-2012, 10:18 AM
****! *****! ****! ****! *****!

Kuper is a key cog to the OL and hopefully it's not season long.

Thomas really needs to stay healthy. he can be a freak if he can stay on the field and there isn't a better QB to learn from than Manning.

DBroncos4life
08-14-2012, 10:19 AM
that was one of the nastiest leg injuries I've ever seen besides the theisman injury. I can't believe he's already on the field.

hope alls well

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LT4kAKB2CT8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
you missed this one then

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-14-2012, 10:21 AM
Sounds like it didn't take long for the injury bug to show up. I hate preseason. Super bowls are won and lost off the field(non game time) just as much. Sit everyone until September

Stagger Lee
08-14-2012, 10:26 AM
**** the preseason. Son of a bitch!!

Lestat
08-14-2012, 10:28 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LT4kAKB2CT8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
you missed this one then

don't take this the wrong way. but i damn near passed out from the pain of looking at that. ugh!~
i would have been screaming like a girl if my leg/knee broke like that.

kupesdad
08-14-2012, 10:29 AM
Did he break his wrist? How long will that take to heal.

GO KUPE!

I can't say at this time..he is literally being xrayed as we speak. As soon as I talk to him I will let you all know. It just sucks because he has worked so hard to get back.

RaiderH8r
08-14-2012, 10:31 AM
I have only 1 wish going into preseason every year and that is to come out healthy. No IRs, minor dings. I know it is a huge wish but dammit it makes a difference. Next man up I guess.

Dirty words. So many dirty words.

Requiem
08-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the update, Kupesdad!

55CrushEm
08-14-2012, 10:34 AM
you missed this one then

Good lord.....that made my a-hole pucker up.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-14-2012, 10:39 AM
Oline - Kuper + useless stump = hurt Manning = Hanie = all is lost.

A little exaggerated. Or is it?

BigPlayShay
08-14-2012, 10:43 AM
@PostBroncos: Fox said Kuper has a forearm injury. Said Warren is out bc of a family situation.

MABroncoFan
08-14-2012, 10:44 AM
Hope he's ok.

If he's out an extended period, I think Franklin might then be moved to guard.

55CrushEm
08-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Hope he's ok.

If he's out an extended period, I think Franklin might then be moved to guard.

Or perhaps Clark will take his spot.....cause it sounds Harris just can't stay healthy enough to go to RT.

Dexter
08-14-2012, 10:47 AM
I hope I'm not wrong in saying this, but a Forearm injury seems like it'd be a lot better than a leg or upper body triceps like injury. Doesn't sound like he'll be able to play this preseason, but if its a bone break, doesn't that bode well for him coming back near the start of the season?

Kupe is one tough guy, I think he'll be okay.

Hulamau
08-14-2012, 10:49 AM
Power plates don't do shyt. Bring back Tuten

BS there are far less muscle strains at this late stage of camp than the last number of years. No way in hell you are going to go injury free through camp. So far all but Fannin's have been of the short to mid-term legth soft tissue pulls etc and nothing major.

And it's in the quicker rehab area, one an injury happens that the Powerplates will come in most handy. NFL football is a very violent contact sport that bodies were not designed to sustain, if you haven't noticed.

It's how quickly we can get them back on the field that is a key thing when the inevitable injuries do happen .. while hopefully keeping them at a minimum to begin with.

By week three of camp and the second and third preseason games it's an attrition war in every camp in the NFL .. every year.

The operative early report on Kuper is 'he walked into the locker room under his own power with the trainer'.. he wasn't carted off.

Nonetheless, we may have been pushing it with him a little too quickly. Afterall, he only nearly had his entire lower leg twisted off in early January.

Give him all the time he needs to get 100% .. it's only been 7.5 months since that disasterous injury.

Lestat
08-14-2012, 10:49 AM
I hope I'm not wrong in saying this, but a Forearm injury seems like it'd be a lot better than a leg or upper body triceps like injury. Doesn't sound like he'll be able to play this preseason, but if its a bone break, doesn't that bode well for him coming back near the start of the season?

Kupe is one tough guy, I think he'll be okay.

would sound like it. Triceps,Biceps,Ankle,Knee or Foot injury would be about the worst injury for a OL guy, especially a guard that has to pull.

MABroncoFan
08-14-2012, 10:52 AM
Hillman down again...

Chris Kuper left with a forearm injury. Ronnie Hillman left practice after re-aggravating the hamstring he hurt earlier in camp.

Beantown Bronco
08-14-2012, 10:52 AM
The operative early report on Kuper is 'he walked into the locker room under his own power with the trainer'.. he wasn't carted off.

Nonetheless, we may have been pushing it with him a little too quickly. Afterall, he only nearly had his entire lower leg twisted off in early January.

Give him all the time he needs to get 100% .. it's only been 7.5 months since that disasterous injury.

These two injuries couldn't be more un-related. "Pushing it" with his leg rehab has nothing to do with this.

MABroncoFan
08-14-2012, 10:54 AM
Hunter too...

Lindsay Jones‏@PostBroncos

Fox said porter was out sick. Other injuries in practice: Hillman (hamstring tweak), Hunter (triceps). #broncos

55CrushEm
08-14-2012, 10:54 AM
Hillman down again...

Chris Kuper left with a forearm injury. Ronnie Hillman left practice after re-aggravating the hamstring he hurt earlier in camp.

I always read that hamstring injuries are very easily re-aggravated.....and if you don't let them get back to 100% (or close to it)......odds are you'll f it up again.

driver
08-14-2012, 10:55 AM

Nope, w/o Kupe the whole line is going to have to be shifted IMO. W/O Kupe we are in deep KIM SHI. The o-line depth just isn't there.

As for the worst injury #1 Kupe's leg. #2 Eddie Mac on MNF 9-10-01, when Griese hung him out to dry.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-14-2012, 10:56 AM
BS there are far less muscle strains at this late stage of camp than the last number of years. No way in hell you are going to go injury free through camp. So far all but Fannin's have been of the short to mid-term legth soft tissue pulls etc and nothing major.

And it's in the quicker rehab area, one an injury happens that the Powerplates will come in most handy. NFL football is a very violent contact sport that bodies were not designed to sustain, if you haven't noticed.

It's how quickly we can get them back on the field that is a key thing when the inevitable injuries do happen .. while hopefully keeping them at a minimum to begin with.

By week three of camp and the second and third preseason games it's an attrition war in every camp in the NFL .. every year.

Apparently you didn't get my sarcasm.

Hulamau
08-14-2012, 10:57 AM

You are Drunk!

Dexter
08-14-2012, 10:57 AM
Nope, w/o Kupe the whole line is going to have to be shifted IMO. W/O Kupe we are in deep KIM SHI. The o-line depth just isn't there.

As for the worst injury #1 Kupe's leg. #2 Eddie Mac on MNF 9-10-01, when Griese hung him out to dry.

oh god, I'd rank Eddie Mac's as worst, with Kupes a close #2.

MABroncoFan
08-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Might have to keep 4 RBs w/ Hillman's hammy issues.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-14-2012, 10:59 AM
I always read that hamstring injuries are very easily re-aggravated.....and if you don't let them get back to 100% (or close to it)......odds are you'll f it up again.

I have no idea why they wanted to rush him back. With hamstrings in camp/preseason they need to wait until its 100%. Then wait another 2 weeks after that. This isn't regular season where a situation would arise to rush back.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-14-2012, 11:02 AM
You are Drunk!

Refer to drivers first part of his post. The entire make up of the line changes IMO. Franklin would almost have to be moved inside.

ColoradoDarin
08-14-2012, 11:10 AM
oh god, I'd rank Eddie Mac's as worst, with Kupes a close #2.

Who was the 9er DLman that got a helmet to the thigh and the slomo replays over and over where you could see the point at which the bone stopped bending and just broke?

Quoydogs
08-14-2012, 11:11 AM
So if it is his wrist can they cast it up and let him play with a cast or is that just not a good Idea on O-line ?

crush17
08-14-2012, 11:13 AM
Broken forearm per DP - out 6 weeks.

Get well soon Kupe!

Irish Stout
Broken forearm - out 6 weeks.

****!!!!

TerrElway
Broken forearm - out 6 weeks

Dexter
08-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Broken forearm per DP - out 6 weeks.

Get well soon Kupe!

Ouch, that's probably the first 3 games of the regular season no?

half glass full, at least its not a season ending injury, and his leg can get stronger.

We'll miss ya Kupe get well buddy!

kupesdad
08-14-2012, 11:14 AM
broken ulna...surgery tonight... **** me running

Irish Stout
08-14-2012, 11:15 AM
Kupesdad - Does the Omane need to start delivering Milk and calcium tablets to your son? Tell him to keep his head up and get through this one!

RaiderH8r
08-14-2012, 11:17 AM

Ditto.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-14-2012, 11:17 AM
At least it isn't leg. After some weeks just dip his arm in cement and get him on the field.

Tombstone RJ
08-14-2012, 11:18 AM
Broken forearm, should heal pretty quickly. Also, he can wear a cast too and play. I'm not sure if he will have a club hand cast or an open had cast when he comes back. If it's an open hand cast he should be able to play I'd think...

crush17
08-14-2012, 11:26 AM
So by looking at the calendar and schedule, he'll miss the first 3 games, minimum.

Lestat
08-14-2012, 11:29 AM
ugh, normally a player can't catch a break, Kuper's problem is too many of them.

damn if only adamantium bone grafting was real.

Houshyamama
08-14-2012, 11:31 AM
:(

Dedhed
08-14-2012, 11:33 AM
Get well soon Kupe. At least it's his ulna, that should be less of an issue than if it was his radius.

driver
08-14-2012, 11:35 AM
I can hear the cheers from Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Houston, and Oakland already.

Damn,damn,damn.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Is it time to start looking outside the organization for a lineman? If we are ALL IN these next two seasons, we need someone to keep manning upright. That whole Zimmerman thing worked out once upon a time.

razorwire77
08-14-2012, 11:44 AM
**** **** **** at least in Kupe's case, it's unrelated to his previous injury.

Hulamau
08-14-2012, 11:44 AM
These two injuries couldn't be more un-related. "Pushing it" with his leg rehab has nothing to do with this.

That seems to be the case now that we learn its his forearm that is broken.

A real shame and wishes for a speedy recovery. Still, I was concerned we might be pushing Chris a little hard to make the week one Steelers game. He is vital to our long term Oline health and while this is a temporary set back, no question, it is likely a good deal better news than if he had reaggravated his leg injury or had some ligament or muscle tears.

Hope its not the wrist bone itself and a little further up the forearm and a simple fracture and not a compound fracture. 6 weeks is what they are reporting he is out.

With Kupe that likely means 4 weeks and hes playing with a club for a few weeks. Still this gives him leg time to really heal as well and I'm sure he will be fine and ready to rumble again early in the season.

Sucks big time no doubt and am sending speedy healing vibes to Chris's arm!

Heyneck
08-14-2012, 11:46 AM
Get well Kupe! Being the badass you are I am positive we will see in the trenches early in the season!!!

Dedhed
08-14-2012, 11:50 AM

That's not really true. Just because it isn't related anatomically to his leg injury, doesn't mean that it's unrelated. If you're less than 100% you're more susceptible to injury.

Hulamau
08-14-2012, 11:53 AM
Yep an ulnar break is usually a good deal more clean and faster to heal. we may see him on the field in 5 weeks with a cast. And relief its not joint, muscle or nerve damage or anything to do with his injured leg!

Good news too is he'll be back fairly early. OurOline will still be fresh while he is out as well McGahee and the other backs, I agree I dont know why they rush hamstrings. WHen a hammy is pronouced 'officially' healed that is when to add two more weeks of rehab and strength training before letting them back on the field.

mhgaffney
08-14-2012, 11:53 AM
Kupesdad,

Trace mineral clay would help speed your son's recovery. In addition to calcium.

Everyone should be taking it -- esp athletes.

MHG

GreatBronco16
08-14-2012, 11:54 AM
Man that just sucks. I hope this is the last broken anything that Kupe will have to deal with.

Dedhed
08-14-2012, 11:55 AM
Kupesdad,

Trace mineral clay would help speed your son's recovery. In addition to calcium.

MHGLet's make sure that's not a banned substance before we start giving out interwebz medical advice.

RaiderH8r
08-14-2012, 12:01 PM
Let's make sure that's not a banned substance before we start giving out interwebz medical advice.

Perhaps a poultice made of herbs and cow****? Just boil, wrap in cheesecloth, and apply to the problem area.

Hulamau
Its possible Chris is back working his way into the starting line up again before the Texan home game.

DenverBroncosJM
He can play with a cast in 3 weeks right? Maybe?

SonOfLe-loLang
08-14-2012, 12:02 PM
Hillman reaggro'd his hammy. Hunter hurt his triceps too...wtf were they doing in practice

UberBroncoMan
08-14-2012, 12:04 PM
Sure enough...after weeks of good luck, we have one practice and our team once again turns into a ****ing medical ward.

Dexter
08-14-2012, 12:04 PM
Hillman reaggro'd his hammy. Hunter hurt his triceps too...wtf were they doing in practice

I don't know but this has to be the worst day of training camp this year. Injuries, a fight between Mays and Dumervil. Just a sour day overall.

BroncoBeavis
08-14-2012, 12:10 PM
Aw dammit. We so neeeeed Kupe.

That Steeler 3-4 against a thin line in a new system? Gives me nightmares.

Hulamau
08-14-2012, 12:11 PM
Kupesdad,

MHG

Calcium isnt the issue, a young guy like him has loads of calcium in his diet. 2 to 4 grams of IV Magnesium Sulfate 3x a week for the first month, along with other trace minerals such as Boron and Strontium taken supplementally ... starting tomorrow after the surgery ... as well as a solid load of Vitamin D3 and Vitamin K2-MK7 and IV Glutathione will go a long way toward speeding up his healing curve and making for good deal stronger bones all around.

Taking excess Calcium, by itself, is counterproductive and will lead to more heart attacks and arrthyhmias later in life as well. Your body stores calcium very well in most cases unless you have a fairly rare condition of hypocalcemia.

The problem with low calcium in the bones is far more a matter of too low intracellular magnesium aas well as Vitamin K and D which are needed to keep the calcium in the bones and out of the blood stream and collecting in soft tissue (i.e. as a component of atherosclerosis and on heart valves and in arthritic joints etc) ... where it is not wanted.

The rush to push Calcium supplements alone on the population for osteoporosis prevention has been shown repeatedly now to be a misguided though well meaning error.

PS. and stay away from the popular Cal-Mag formulas that usually have twice the amount of Calcium as Magnesium when the reverse would be preferable. If you are eating even a modestly adequate diet you are getting more than enough Calcium intake .. that is rarely the problem.

But roughly 85% of the population is low on Magnesium intake in their diet and that plays havoc will over 300 critical metabolic processes .. including proper calcium absorption and assimilation.

RaiderH8r
08-14-2012, 12:15 PM

Just have him rub some dirt on the f'ing thing and get back in there. No injury can withstand the healing powers of rubbed dirt. In fact, rubbing dirt on it may be a banned substance in the NFL.

crush17
08-14-2012, 12:25 PM
I don't know but this has to be the worst day of training camp this year. Injuries, a fight between Mays and Dumervil. Just a sour day overall.

Where did u hear that? About the fight?

Hulamau
08-14-2012, 12:29 PM
The weird thing is my first thought on waking this morning was 'I really hope no more injuries in camp before the start of the season'... Maybe I should go back to sleep and rewind this sucky dream.

JLesSPE
08-14-2012, 12:32 PM
Where did u hear that? About the fight?

It was all over twitter. DMac, Lindsay Jones, Vic Lombardi, Brandon Krisztal, Mike Klis. Elvis was in 2 fights I think. Knowshon punched Doom in the head and then Mays and Elvis got into it during goal line.

crush17
08-14-2012, 12:34 PM
It was all over twitter. DMac, Lindsay Jones, Vic Lombardi, Brandon Krisztal, Mike Klis. Elvis was in 2 fights I think. Knowshon punched Doom in the head and then Mays and Elvis got into it during goal line.

Lame.

Smiling Assassin27
08-14-2012, 12:40 PM
fractured forearm for kuper. 4-6 weeks per schefter.

apologies if posted already.

OBF1
08-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Get well soon Husband of Khan, The Broncos need you in the line up.

Someone get Tebow on the bat phone and get him out to Denver to start the healing.

MABroncoFan
08-14-2012, 12:47 PM
fractured forearm for kuper. 4-6 weeks per schefter.

apologies if posted already.

4 weeks could be just 1 regular season game

55CrushEm
08-14-2012, 12:53 PM

I can understand an offensive player and defensive player squabbling......but Mays and Elvis??

Maybe Elvis is a prick and his contract has gone to his head??

I'll bet Elvis went to lift up his jersey, then remembered he didn't bring his pistol to practice. :D

Requiem
08-14-2012, 12:53 PM
This team is being torn apart!!!!

Requiem
08-14-2012, 12:54 PM
i got 500 on joe mays in a street fight against elvis

ludo21
08-14-2012, 12:56 PM
injury prone....

Whats the new line look like?

Clady, Beadles, Blake, Walton, Frankling?

55CrushEm
08-14-2012, 12:57 PM
injury prone....

I was thinking that too....that Walton could slide to guard......but with all the timing/snapping with Manning.....probably best to leave Walton where he is.

JLesSPE
08-14-2012, 01:02 PM
I can understand an offensive player and defensive player squabbling......but Mays and Elvis??

Maybe Elvis is a prick and his contract has gone to his head??

I'll bet Elvis went to lift up his jersey, then remembered he didn't bring his pistol to practice. :D

I read from one of those reporters that Mays was yelling "Open your F'ing ears!" or something to that effect, then Elvis was yelling at Mays to back off or something...not really a big deal. Just a communication error that pissed them both off. They were laughing about it after practice.

JLesSPE
08-14-2012, 01:03 PM
injury prone....

Clady, Beadles, Walton, Franklin, Harris/Clark is what I imagine is going to happen.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-14-2012, 01:03 PM
injury prone....

That looks disgusting. They will have to bring someone else in.

bronco militia
08-14-2012, 01:04 PM
that sucks...at least he's not out for the season

Dexter
08-14-2012, 01:08 PM
Clady, Beadles, Walton, Franklin, Harris/Clark is what I imagine is going to happen.

This.

cutthemdown
08-14-2012, 01:08 PM
Wow this guy breaks bones a lot. Bad luck or being fragile, doesn't matter it can ruin an NFL career either way. Also 6 weeks is being really optimistic. Try more like 8-10 weeks.

cutthemdown
08-14-2012, 01:09 PM
Also we were already thin at interior oline. With Kuper injured I don't believe they are good enough to move the ball consistently. Manning will have too much inside pressure, and the running game won't move between the tackles.

Pretty much a killer for the Broncos early season chances at success IMO.

outdoor_miner
08-14-2012, 01:10 PM
injury prone....

Blake? Kuper has not been participating full time, and it's always been Ramirez replacing him. Blake hasn't even sniffed 2nd team yet.

Think it will be:

Clady, Beadles, Walton, Ramirez, Franklin

cutthemdown
08-14-2012, 01:10 PM
that sucks...at least he's not out for the season

If don't think he does play in 6 weeks though. That is for sure lets not get the fans too upset sort of PR. Really bad hit for the oline. Now we lost our one decent starter on our interior line. We are left now with playing 3 guys who would not start at guard or center on most teams in the NFL. Not a good thing when you have an older qb coming off neck surgery.

I think this really could ruin any chance at making playoffs. They just seem to soft inside on the oline.

cutthemdown
08-14-2012, 01:11 PM
Get married and you start getting injured. Take heed young players! Stay single? :)

Beantown Bronco
08-14-2012, 01:14 PM
Knowshon punched Doom in the head

Knowshon just went on IR with a broken hand and wrist.

OBF1
08-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Knowshon's arm fell off.

bronco militia
08-14-2012, 01:19 PM
If don't think he does play in 6 weeks though. That is for sure lets not get the fans too upset sort of PR. Really bad hit for the oline. Now we lost our one decent starter on our interior line. We are left now with playing 3 guys who would not start at guard or center on most teams in the NFL. Not a good thing when you have an older qb coming off neck surgery.

I think this really could ruin any chance at making playoffs. They just seem to soft inside on the oline.

he could also come back and play with a cast. This is an OL we are talking about. These guys are tough as nails.

cutthemdown
08-14-2012, 01:21 PM
he could also come back and play with a cast. This is an OL we are talking about. These guys are tough as nails.

Well I see Kuper as an avg NFL starter. Nothing dominant or all pro really about his play. He's a solid player though. But.....with a cast I would say he's probably not as good and our oline would still struggle.

In any event I hate to be a bummer but i really see this as Broncos getting hit on the one guy we all said had to come back for the oline to be any good.

BroncoBeavis
08-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Get married and you start getting injured. Take heed young players! Stay single? :)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0U8_LX7ccC4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rabb
08-14-2012, 01:23 PM
tussin

broncswin
08-14-2012, 01:24 PM

all doom has to do is run a route and mays will completely lose him...then wham a blow to the head and down goes mays

CEH
08-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Blake? Kuper has not been participating full time, and it's always been Ramirez replacing him. Blake hasn't even sniffed 2nd team yet.

Think it will be:

Rameriz will step up and fill Kuper's place just fine
No worries

BroncoBeavis
08-14-2012, 01:26 PM

If it couldda happened to anyone it shouldda been ol' Clamps McClady. I shrugged that last one off against the Bears. Now it's gonna get serious.

BroncoBeavis
08-14-2012, 01:27 PM
all doom has to do is run a route and mays will completely lose him...then wham a blow to the head and down goes mays

LOL

Awesome visual.

bowtown
08-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Well I see Kuper as an avg NFL starter. Nothing dominant or all pro really about his play. He's a solid player though. But.....with a cast I would say he's probably not as good and our oline would still struggle.

In any event I hate to be a bummer but i really see this as Broncos getting hit on the one guy we all said had to come back for the oline to be any good.

Fortunately, your insights are nearly always overly-pessimistic, knee-jerk, and wrong.

Requiem
08-14-2012, 01:28 PM

You are a blasphemer.

cmhargrove
08-14-2012, 01:30 PM

Think it will be:

^ This.

Dutch
08-14-2012, 01:31 PM
Fortunately, your insights are nearly always overly-pessimistic, knee-jerk, and wrong.

This.

TheReverend
08-14-2012, 01:32 PM
6 weeks gets him back pretty early into the season and, on the positive note, gives him time to get some extra rest in his ankle.

I'm more concerned about his personal frustration level by this setback than the injury itself.

theAPAOps5
08-14-2012, 01:33 PM
This is a big time blow. Here is to a quick and clean heal for Kuper. I know that it has to be über frustrating for him.

Ronnie Lott would have cut his ulna out, just saying...... :)

cutthemdown
08-14-2012, 01:39 PM

We are talking football right? What football insights have I given that you consider knee jerk and wrong. I would love to go over them and maybe I could learn something from you.

cutthemdown
08-14-2012, 01:41 PM
6 weeks gets him back pretty early into the season and, on the positive note, gives him time to get some extra rest in his ankle.

I'm more concerned about his personal frustration level by this setback than the injury itself.

Do you really think 6 weeks is long enough? IMO NFL has a reputation before season starts to keep fans positive. They always guess low when it comes to time out. I'm no doctor though.

colorado jones
08-14-2012, 01:43 PM
I'm no doctor though.

QFT.

DENVERDUI55
08-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Kupesdad,

MHG

This sucks really. We need to pick up some depth. Oh yeah I'm sure kupes needs all the medical advice he can get. Maybe someone should refer a doctor so he knows where to get a good one.

Kaylore
08-14-2012, 01:48 PM

This. Especially since Kuper is the kind of player who would not give an accurate representation of how much his ankle is hurting. Not because he's a liar, but because he's a tough SOB who would instinctively ignore it or play it off.

The other thing is this is an arm injury, Not a knee or foot injury. Bones heal back stronger than before the break. We'll get him back right when things get nasty, which will be good.

On a side note, looks like we won't see Ronnie Hillman for another two weeks. Every time we're about to see what he can do he pulls a hammy.

Requiem
08-14-2012, 01:51 PM
Ronnie isn't going to be doing much this year.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-14-2012, 01:55 PM

So an average run of the mill Olineman is the difference between making the playoffs and not? Does anyone see what is wrong with this thinking?

Heyneck
08-14-2012, 01:56 PM
This. Especially since Kuper is the kind of player who would not give an accurate representation of how much his ankle is hurting. Not because he's a liar, but because he's a tough SOB who would instinctively ignore it or play it off.

The other thing is this is an arm injury, Not a knee or foot injury. Bones heal back stronger than before the break. We'll get him back right when things get nasty, which will be good.

On a side note, looks like we won't see Ronnie Hillman for another two weeks. Every time we're about to see what he can do he pulls a hammy.

So basically... we drafted KM 2.0 up until this point.

CEH
08-14-2012, 02:24 PM

Is he still doing rehad on his ankle and will this arm injury affect this rehad schedule? If could if his rehad requires the use of his arms That would be my first thought.

colorado jones
08-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Is he still doing rehad on his ankle and will this arm injury affect this rehad schedule? If could if his rehad requires the use of his arms That would be my first thought.

You should be asking cutthemdown... He is NOT a doctor.

baja
08-14-2012, 02:38 PM

I don't understand the hammy injuries. I think with the right training (Yoga) they should be completely avoidable. I thought with the new training regime we were past that. It is much better than seasons past though.

bronco militia
08-14-2012, 02:41 PM
I don't understand the hammy injuries. I think with the right training (Yoga) they should be completely avoidable. I thought with the new training regime we were past that. It is much better than seasons past though.

LOL

I love the Orangmane training staff

driver
08-14-2012, 02:46 PM
[QUOTE=cutthemdown;3639538]Well I see Kuper as an avg NFL starter. Nothing dominant or all pro really about his play.

Avg nfl starter took on Ndamakung Suh, while we were taking a solid ass whipping, and fought him to a stand-still. He's just avg.

pricejj
08-14-2012, 02:54 PM
Who is going to call the OL plays?

Hulamau
08-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Also we were already thin at interior oline. With Kuper injured I don't believe they are good enough to move the ball consistently. Manning will have too much inside pressure, and the running game won't move between the tackles.

Pretty much a killer for the Broncos early season chances at success IMO.

Reading this we ougth to throw in the towel now and forfeit, why bother risking the embarassment!?!

Sack up dude, the sky is not falling.

ColoradoDarin
08-14-2012, 03:11 PM
Who is going to call the OL plays?

Peyton Manning.

Gort
08-14-2012, 03:19 PM
"If Kupe had been doing more crossfit training like me, this never would have happened." - Knowshon Moreno.

:P

Kaylore
08-14-2012, 03:22 PM

They nag. They need to really be patient with it and take their time to allow it to heal the way it's supposed to.

underrated29
08-14-2012, 03:29 PM
--spam links deleted by moderator--

???
Kuper didnt break his heart. He broke his arm.

cutthemdown
08-14-2012, 03:43 PM
So an average run of the mill Olineman is the difference between making the playoffs and not? Does anyone see what is wrong with this thinking?

Not at all. Just being a starter in the NFL means you are one of the best football players on the planet. So lets get that straight. Guys like Kuper and their strength and size awe me. I know they are all studs compared to me.

My point is we are weak on the interior oline. When you have s players in Beadles and Walton, who IMO if they don't take a big step forward are more like bkups in the NFL. Just an opinion I have shared over and over back to the draft when I wanted them to pick a center. They did but we don't know if he can play. We don't know if the bkups can play at all is what I am saying.

When your starter are probably not super dominant, but good, and your depth is lacking, and then you lose your best one, yeah that is a huge worry to me. Sorry you don't see it, but I have been watching football a long time.

I am telling you guys this is a huge huge problem. Who is going to block Seymore when we play the Raiders? Walton with some scrub trying to help him? Maybe if Walton was a great player but he isn't.

I think broncos almost have to look to see if there are any journeyman guard available in waivers.

cutthemdown
08-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Reading this we ougth to throw in the towel now and forfeit, why bother risking the embarassment!?!

Sack up dude, the sky is not falling.

Why do fans around here get all pissed when another fan says wow we are really weak at a spot on the team and I think it really hurts our chances?

Do we all have to be homers all the time to fit in? Was what I said that out of line? That I said wow I think this really hurts our early season chance of success? Did I call Kuper a POS and say we should cut him? No I only pointed out what is painfully obvious. Kuper was the best of an under par group of interior olineman.

Sorry that is how I see it. I think almost every team in the league wouldn't start Beadles or Walton.

I love the Broncos though and hope I am wrong about them. I hope they end up HOFers.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Not at all. Just being a starter in the NFL means you are one of the best football players on the planet. So lets get that straight. Guys like Kuper and their strength and size awe me. I know they are all studs compared to me.

My point is we are weak on the interior oline. When you have s players in Beadles and Walton, who IMO if they don't take a big step forward are more like bkups in the NFL. Just an opinion I have shared over and over back to the draft when I wanted them to pick a center. They did but we don't know if he can play. We don't know if the bkups can play at all is what I am saying.

When your starter are probably not super dominant, but good, and your depth is lacking, and then you lose your best one, yeah that is a huge worry to me. Sorry you don't see it, but I have been watching football a long time.

I am telling you guys this is a huge huge problem. Who is going to block Seymore when we play the Raiders? Walton with some scrub trying to help him? Maybe if Walton was a great player but he isn't.

I think broncos almost have to look to see if there are any journeyman guard available in waivers.

I understand what you are saying. Just didn't get the part that on one side losing him means no playoffs, while also saying he's just average. I would think a pro bowl type player has an effect on playoffs. Kuper shouldnt miss much time and can play with a cast on. I'm guessing about 2-3 games.

Irish Stout
08-14-2012, 04:07 PM
Why do fans around here get all pissed when another fan says wow we are really weak at a spot on the team and I think it really hurts our chances?

Our OL was weak to start with (primarily in the middle and Franklin). Losing Kuper really hurts. I don't think people disagree there.

I think there is a dispute about how good Kuper actually is and how vital he is. A lot of people think Kuper is one of the top RGs in the league. I think that is where the dispute lies when you say he is just average.

Still... no need for people to get butthurt about it.

FireFly
08-14-2012, 04:09 PM

BAH! That's terrible news :(

cutthemdown
08-14-2012, 04:21 PM
Our OL was weak to start with (primarily in the middle and Franklin). Losing Kuper really hurts. I don't think people disagree there.

I think there is a dispute about how good Kuper actually is and how vital he is. A lot of people think Kuper is one of the top RGs in the league. I think that is where the dispute lies when you say he is just average.

Still... no need for people to get butthurt about it.

He's shown me flashes where you start to think he could be one of the best. I think though right now he is just sort of another NFL guard. But even being that good is pretty amazing. But I think most teams will have an advantage on us inside, every game. That has me feeling like we could struggle sometimes.

cmhargrove
08-14-2012, 04:29 PM
He's shown me flashes where you start to think he could be one of the best. I think though right now he is just sort of another NFL guard. But even being that good is pretty amazing. But I think most teams will have an advantage on us inside, every game. That has me feeling like we could struggle sometimes.

I can't remember any Manning led offense that had a power advantage in the interior O-line. Right now, we just need proficient pass blockers that can hold the line for 4 seconds.

I'm not saying we are in good shape, but I think Ramirez already showed last game that he is an serviceable pass blocker. As long as the rest of the line stays healthy, we should be ok. I'm still highly I'm favor of trying to trade for competition at RT. I think that would allow us lots of potential options.

broncocalijohn
08-14-2012, 04:45 PM

I don't know. Tom Nalen was pretty tough right up there with Stink.

DBroncos4life
08-14-2012, 05:01 PM
I'm now on board with B Manning to go after Jake Scott.

RaiderH8r
08-14-2012, 06:31 PM
Ronnie isn't going to be doing much this year.

Limpin' ain't easy.

Nickname.

Action
08-14-2012, 07:24 PM
... from the reports I've read, Hillman was back after he tweaked his hamstring, and Fox said it's not nearly as serious. He was doing drills to end practice.

Hamrob
08-14-2012, 07:45 PM
I don't think we lose a beat. I like Kup, but we have some guys. Ram played well against the Bears. Also, we can move Franklin in to RG and play Harris at Tackle. We're in good shape. I wouldn't rush Kup back...let him get his body feeling good. Ankle and arm.

Vegas_Bronco
08-14-2012, 07:55 PM
This could be a blessing in disguise for that ankle...hate to see this but it really isnt a huge setback for our late season push. I wish we had a power/speed back though.

Action
08-14-2012, 08:34 PM
This could be a blessing in disguise for that ankle...hate to see this but it really isnt a huge setback for our late season push. I wish we had a power/speed back though.

So you wish we had a top 3 RB?

I think everyone does.

MVP-06
08-14-2012, 09:11 PM
Kick Franklin inside and bring in Harris

ZONA
08-14-2012, 10:35 PM
This does suck big time. Especially since the early part of our schedule is loaded. We'll miss him, ankle on the mend or not. They said 6 weeks so about 3rd or 4th game of the season. Better then missing the entire season for sure but still a set back.

enjolras
08-14-2012, 10:37 PM

By all accounts Harris has been awful (at least going by various radio guys). There is some promise from the young guys, however.

Kaylore
08-14-2012, 10:39 PM
By all accounts Harris has been awful (at least going by various radio guys). There is some promise from the young guys, however.

He was working with the third team today. Dude may have lost it.

HILife
08-14-2012, 10:49 PM

hope alls well

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r_wPOfTGegA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Heyneck
08-15-2012, 12:01 AM

he got injured like 2 or 3 days ago. Think it was a light sprain. Dude can't stay healthy. Never will.

cutthemdown
08-15-2012, 02:54 AM
I can't remember any Manning led offense that had a power advantage in the interior O-line. Right now, we just need proficient pass blockers that can hold the line for 4 seconds.

I'm not saying we are in good shape, but I think Ramirez already showed last game that he is an serviceable pass blocker. As long as the rest of the line stays healthy, we should be ok. I'm still highly I'm favor of trying to trade for competition at RT. I think that would allow us lots of potential options.

Not saying we can't play the games. Of course also we are at that point that if more interior olineman go down, or a OT went down, we could be in desperate shape.

Beantown Bronco
08-15-2012, 05:31 AM

Robert Gallery is available :)

BroncoMan4ever
08-15-2012, 06:14 AM

Average? Kuper is one of the top interior lineman in the game. He has been the most consistent lineman on a season to season basis for this team and the best overall lineman on the team the last 3 years

FISH
08-15-2012, 06:50 AM
Average? Kuper is one of the top interior lineman in the game. He has been the most consistent lineman on a season to season basis for this team and the best overall lineman on the team the last 3 years

Indubitably.

theAPAOps5
08-15-2012, 06:54 AM
Robert Gallery is available :)

You shut your filthfy whore mouth! :)

RaiderH8r
08-15-2012, 07:15 AM

I'll take that bet. As long as the fight is on the football field. The Idiot Cannonball can't hit anything on the field.

FISH
08-15-2012, 08:06 AM
I'll take that bet. As long as the fight is on the football field. The Idiot Cannonball can't hit anything on the field.

tell that to Tony Moeaki and Ryan Matthews lol

pricejj
08-15-2012, 09:33 AM

Why continue to badmouth Mays? The dude is a stud, who is working extremely hard to get better. Quit hatin' on him.

colorado jones
08-15-2012, 09:47 AM
The dude is a stud

I wouldn't go this far.

RaiderH8r
08-15-2012, 09:48 AM
Why continue to badmouth Mays? The dude is a stud, who is working extremely hard to get better. Quit hatin' on him.

Dude is not a stud. He should work to get better, it is his job and he's well paid to do it. Play better, get less criticism. Guy needs to step his game up and in a big way. Teams are going to go right at him...again...and if he continues to whiffmeister in the hole we will be in deep ****.

cutthemdown
08-15-2012, 10:36 AM

Because he is the best one on Denver I think maybe his overall level of play has been inflated. No way is he even top 25 guards in the NFL IMO. What makes you think one of the best in the game?

crush17
08-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Because he is the best one on Denver I think maybe his overall level of play has been inflated. No way is he even top 25 guards in the NFL IMO. What makes you think one of the best in the game?

woah woah woah... not even top 25? what are you smoking pal?

Beantown Bronco
08-15-2012, 10:39 AM

Lombardi tweet from last season:

Just a little factoid, the Detroit Lions Ndamukong Suh said the Denver #Broncos Chris Kuper was the best guard he has played against.

kupesdad
08-15-2012, 10:45 AM

He had his arguably best year with casts on each arm. One at the beginning and another at the end.

He had surgery last night and is doing well. I have a great picture of his post surgical xray. Its amazing the level of detail that doctors have nowadays.

JLesSPE
08-15-2012, 11:00 AM
He had his arguably best year with casts on each arm. One at the beginning and another at the end.

He had surgery last night and is doing well. I have a great picture of his post surgical xray. Its amazing the level of detail that doctors have nowadays.

Thanks for the update! Glad surgery went well and here's to a speedy recovery. Kupe supplies that mean streak all great offensive lines play with.

DBroncos4life
08-15-2012, 11:21 AM
He was working with the third team today. Dude may have lost it.

We should look at Otah maybe put him on active PUP? ;)

BroncoMan4ever
08-15-2012, 11:28 AM

25 or more Guards that are better than him? Name them! Give me a list of 25 guards that are better than him and tell me how they are better.

lonestar
08-15-2012, 11:30 AM
he got injured like 2 or 3 days ago. Think it was a light sprain. Dude can't stay healthy. Never will.

:thumbs:

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-15-2012, 11:31 AM

Again how can you say not top 25, then say him being out costs the chances of a playoff? If he's so average to bad, he wouldn't even affect the outcome. He has to at least be GOOD for him to blatantly have such an effect on their playoffs hopes, as you pointed out he does.

lonestar
08-15-2012, 11:37 AM

Will repeat it again..

The OL has to be a finely tuned unit the more changes you make the more folks next to the hesitate about what he is going to do.. While you can get away with that in HS or in some college situations EVERYONE on that DL across from you in the NFL is better than most of the best colleges..

The Best OL's are those that have been together for a long time.. for you madden yahoos, that means years not minutes..

Last time KC lead the league in passing and rushing their unit had been together for a DECADE 10+ years for the Madden crowd..

Leave Franklin alone and move some one else in that has actually played OG into that spot..

Jesus H Christ why can't you clowns understand the workmanship of the OL.. It take years to trust the guy next to you and KNOW what he is going to do if X happens there is zero hesitation between the guys.. Instant results rather than a split second and Peppers is killing your QB..

Not like a car that you can swap out a spark plug and get the same results..

lonestar
08-15-2012, 11:41 AM
Again how can you say not top 25, then say him being out costs the chances of a playoff? If he's so average to bad, he wouldn't even affect the outcome. He has to at least be GOOD for him to blatantly have such an effect on their playoffs hopes, as you pointed out he does.

Because the guy going is is not at his level to start with, and then there is the rust issue from the guys around him..

You can swap out most any other group in the NFL and the level of play could remain the same.. But try putting your donut spare on your car the handling change dramatically and your top speed is 50MPH..

socalorado
08-15-2012, 11:44 AM
25 or more Guards that are better than him? Name them! Give me a list of 25 guards that are better than him and tell me how they are better.

Yeah, thats pure BS. Kupe is top 10 easy.

Bronco Yoda
08-15-2012, 11:44 AM

Tell him we're all pulling for him to get better. Don't rush it back too soon. Nothing more important than your health.

RaiderH8r
08-15-2012, 11:49 AM

He rubbed some dirt on it didn't he? Told you guys it would work.

cutthemdown
08-15-2012, 11:52 AM

IMO being an avg starter in the NFL pretty good. I just don't think he is dominant consistently enough for the one of the best in the NFL label.

I like him, he's a good player, the best interior lineman we have. I agree with all of that. Remember i would probably label many players as not even up to avg NFL starter ability. Like pretty much all our other guards and centers. Maybe they get better but I have watched football a long time. Our interior online gets very little push. Last yr against big DT they got friggin rag dolled. Only Kuper hold his own but he certainly doesn't dominate IMO.

I like him though, I am the one saying this is a really bad injury. The worst interior olineman we could have go down. Only Clady would hurt more.

cutthemdown
08-15-2012, 11:54 AM

Kuper doesn't dominate sorry. There are 32 teams, that means 64 starting guards. I am guessing Kuper falls in the middle, slightly above the 50/50 mark.

Sorry that is just how I see him but don't feel the need to get into a discussion about whose better. I'm still saying he's better then a lot of other players lol.

cutthemdown
08-15-2012, 11:57 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1071349-br-nfl-1000-top-32-right-guards/page/24

I'd say this is a pretty accurate list.

Tombstone RJ
08-15-2012, 12:00 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1071349-br-nfl-1000-top-32-right-guards/page/24

LOL

when you use bleach repo to prove your point you just failed.

DBroncos4life
08-15-2012, 12:05 PM
LOL

when you use bleach repo to prove your point you just failed.

They have Jake Scott at number 5 and he isn't even on a NFL team. LOL

Vernon Carey 20 not on a NFL team. Waters is retiring too. LOL

Tombstone RJ
08-15-2012, 12:08 PM
I love this tidbit from bleach repo about Kuper: Kuper has impressive potential, but his ability to last as a starter in the NFL depends on his run-blocking skills making a dramatic improvement. He has the agility to be a solid player, but his inability to drive through defenders and his lack of strength on the move are major concerns.

They make it sound like he's a rookie or something.

Tombstone RJ
08-15-2012, 12:09 PM
The have two guards ahead of Kuper, one from the Cardinals and one from the Rams. Both the cards and the rams have notoriously lousy olines, especially the rams.

crush17
08-15-2012, 12:10 PM

http://smily-domination.webs.com/photos/Funny-Junk/shipment_of_fail.jpg

theAPAOps5
08-15-2012, 12:17 PM
Will repeat it again..

The OL has to be a finely tuned unit the more changes you make the more folks next to the hesitate about what he is going to do.. While you can get away with that in HS or in some college situations EVERYONE on that DL across from you in the NFL is better than most of the best colleges..

The Best OL's are those that have been together for a long time.. for you madden yahoos, that means years not minutes..

Last time KC lead the league in passing and rushing their unit had been together for a DECADE 10+ years for the Madden crowd..

Leave Franklin alone and move some one else in that has actually played OG into that spot..

Jesus H Christ why can't you clowns understand the workmanship of the OL.. It take years to trust the guy next to you and KNOW what he is going to do if X happens there is zero hesitation between the guys.. Instant results rather than a split second and Peppers is killing your QB..

I bet you closely resemble this guy:

http://www.luminomagazine.com/2004.03/spotlight/officespace/images/tom/tom2.jpg

BroncoBeavis
08-15-2012, 12:22 PM
Will repeat it again..

Nope. Nope. I've been told Manning calls all these kinds of instructions on the LOS so effectively that you could grab any 5 random guys from anywhere in the NFL, and they'd all play like probowlers by the end of camp.

Play2win
08-15-2012, 12:28 PM
Orangemane Karma

Ironlung
08-15-2012, 12:29 PM
Nope. Nope. I've been told Manning calls all these kinds of instructions on the LOS so effectively that you could grab any 5 random guys from anywhere in the NFL, and they'd all play like probowlers by the end of camp.

You troll this board way too much.

DBroncos4life
08-15-2012, 12:31 PM
You troll this board way too much.

He can't troll the Jets boards anymore, they ban trolls.

BroncoBeavis
08-15-2012, 01:05 PM
Other than these guys aren't dumb and can digest the 3 plays called in the huddle and the audibles that go into the offense of the NFL. This is football not nuclear science.

Don't know what to tell you guys... This is easy stuff.

Continuity Schmontinuity

cutthemdown
08-15-2012, 01:21 PM
http://thedctimes.com/2012/02/top-20-nfl-offensive-guards-using-advanced-stats-to-rank-best-ogs/

here is another list he doesn't make. Sorry that most people who talk football agree. Only Bronco fans and I guess Suh feel Kuper on this list. I do think sometimes he plays that good, but not consistently.

Bmore Manning
08-15-2012, 01:23 PM
They have Jake Scott at number 5 and he isn't even on a NFL team. LOL

Vernon Carey 20 not on a NFL team. Waters is retiring too. LOL

I read an article somewhere today, and it said as many have been speculating, that the organization was really considering some shuffling along the OLine.

Something like:
Clady, Kuper, Walton, Franklin, Clark/Harris.

I can certainly understand continuity along the line, but if this is the direction they are looking to go, Scott is a very compitent solution at LG. Not to mention he has experience playing with Manning.

And Carey was cut by the dolphins because he doesn't fit the newly installed ZBS, he is a solid power RG. I'm not picking on you, but there are reasons why people are current FAs. Maybe Scott isn't healthy, idk, he did have visits. Just curious what would be your solution to strengthen the OLine giving its current state?

DBroncos4life
08-15-2012, 01:30 PM
I read an article somewhere today, and it said as many have been speculating, that the organization was really considering some shuffling along the OLine.

Something like:
Clady, Kuper, Walton, Franklin, Clark/Harris.

I can certainly understand continuity along the line, but if this is the direction they are looking to go, Scott is a very compitent solution at LG. Not to mention he has experience playing with Manning.

And Carey was cut by the dolphins because he doesn't fit the newly installed ZBS, he is a solid power RG. I'm not picking on you, but there are reasons why people are current FAs. Maybe Scott isn't healthy, idk, he did have visits. Just curious what would be your solution to strengthen the OLine giving its current state?

I'm now on board with B Manning to go after Jake Scott.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=106551&page=6

post 147.

Bmore Manning
08-15-2012, 01:38 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=106551&page=6

post 147.

Sorry buddy, I read bits and pieces. Maybe we are right and it's a good solution?

Can you or someone else clear this up, did Beadles play RT in college? And if so how was his performance, although I shouldn't have high expectations, lol..

fontaine
08-15-2012, 01:42 PM
Kuper is a pretty good OL. I wouldn't say top tier but getting there. But nonetheless he's a very important player in the interior because of how poorly Walton/Beadles cope with pressure up the middle.

Essentially every DC knew (after the Pats playoff game) the way to attack the OL was to line up their DL in gaps because Walton/Beadles are so bad in their footwork and leverage. With Kuper gone it turns a tear into a gaping hole.

Thank god Manning can work the shotgun like a Master because we'll need it until Kuper returns.

DBroncos4life
08-15-2012, 01:44 PM
Sorry buddy, I read bits and pieces. Maybe we are right and it's a good solution?

Can you or someone else clear this up, did Beadles play RT in college? And if so how was his performance, although I shouldn't have high expectations, lol..

Zane Beadles, OT, Utah

The versatile Beadles played both tackle and guard for Utah during his four year career. A starter since early in his freshman year (started 12 out of 13 games), the 6-foot-5 mauler quickly became a fixture along the Utes' flex offensive line. Beadles established himself as the line's anchor following spring practices where the coaching staff moved him to T. He had an outstanding sophomore campaign where he dominated the under appreciated MW Conference. He had an even bigger junior season in 2008, averaging 71.4 plays per game, tops in the team and tenth in the nation. Beadles finished his collegiate career with a decent senior year. Following the year, Beadle went on to earn several invitations to postseason games (Senior Bowl and East-West Shrine Classic). Good run block skills. Consistently leads blocks effectively on the outside. Better than average speed (5.14 est.) allows him to adjust in the second level. Shows quick footwork getting out of his stand during pass plays. Has heavy hands and he knows how to use them. Strong at the point of attack. Mobile. Can chip defensive tackles and reach the second level quickly. Has experience playing both sides of the line. While he had sufficient strength to drive blockers on the side, he will have trouble using his strength against NFL linemen. Shows inconsistent technique. Does not show the explosiveness a player with his speed should have. Tends to play too upright. Lacks true staying power. Is not a top flight athlete. Despite speed, he is not agile and doesn't move well laterally. A better college player than pro prospect, Beadles projects as a possible NFL backup at best. He does not possess enough physical skills to merit anything more than a Day Two flier.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2224

He played 3 years at LT and 1 at LG in college.

Tombstone RJ
08-15-2012, 01:46 PM
http://thedctimes.com/2012/02/top-20-nfl-offensive-guards-using-advanced-stats-to-rank-best-ogs/

here is another list he doesn't make. Sorry that most people who talk football agree. Only Bronco fans and I guess Suh feel Kuper on this list. I do think sometimes he plays that good, but not consistently.

dude, just stop. This is a website about the Dallas Cowboys, in other words, a fan website.

If you don't think Kuper is a top 10 interior lineman, fine. But these links you are providing to prove your opinion are dubious at best.

Obviously Kuper is the best interior olineman on the Broncos and while some people here will claim that the Broncos oline sucks, it doesn't match up with all the success in the running game and scoring in particular that was credited to the oline play last year (by the media) because TT sucked so bad at QB.

So whatever. There's many different opinions on this oline. That being said the one consistent has been Kuper. The Broncos oline doesn't exactly suck. It may not be top 10 but it's pretty legit. If Kuper is the best interior olineman on this team that means he's probably a top 15 interior lineman. JMHO of course.

fontaine
08-15-2012, 01:56 PM

Beadles played 6 or so games at RT as rookie but he was awful there and moved to the interior full time next season.

Beadles has the talent, ability and experience at this stage. But every time I watch him it's clear his conditioning and stamina are sub standard. He's a young guy and may turn it around but it won't happen unless he puts in some serious strength/conditioning work.

Walton is a completely different story. He should have been replaced this offseason but there was no real option so we went to the draft. The guy shouldn't be starting period.

cutthemdown
08-15-2012, 01:59 PM
dude, just stop. This is a website about the Dallas Cowboys, in other words, a fan website.

If you don't think Kuper is a top 10 interior lineman, fine. But these links you are providing to prove your opinion are dubious at best.

Obviously Kuper is the best interior olineman on the Broncos and while some people here will claim that the Broncos oline sucks, it doesn't match up with all the success in the running game and scoring in particular that was credited to the oline play last year (by the media) because TT sucked so bad at QB.

So whatever. There's many different opinions on this oline. That being said the one consistent has been Kuper. The Broncos oline doesn't exactly suck. It may not be top 10 but it's pretty legit. If Kuper is the best interior olineman on this team that means he's probably a top 15 interior lineman. JMHO of course.

I see easy 15 players on the bleacher report list better then Kuper. He may be top 20, but not top 15. You call me dubious and your theory is because hes best on the Broncos he must be top 15? Don't wait for a call from espn.

Tombstone RJ
08-15-2012, 02:02 PM
I see easy 15 players on the bleacher report list better then Kuper. He may be top 20, but not top 15. You call me dubious and your theory is because hes best on the Broncos he must be top 15? Don't wait for a call from espn.

again with the bleacher report? Just admit it's your opinion and move on. My opinion is that it can be reasonably argued he's a top 15 interior olineman based on the credit the oline was given for producing wins last year with an inferior QB.

BroncoBeavis
08-15-2012, 02:05 PM

Problem with your logic is before Tebow started, both the pass protection and run blocking were suspect. Then Tebow starts... the run game opens up but the pass blocking doesn't noticably improve.

You can blame Tebow to some for his issues getting rid of the ball. But you can't simultaneously blame him for all of our protection issues while giving the OL all the credit for the new life in the running game. They haven't had success running in years.

cutthemdown
08-15-2012, 02:05 PM
again with the bleacher report? Just admit it's your opinion and move on. My opinion is that it can be reasonably argued he's a top 15 interior olineman based on the credit the oline was given for producing wins last year with an inferior QB.

So at worst I would be 10 guards off. And for that I get railed on? And you tell me just to let it go. If anything it was all the people attacking my position that should let it go. Someone asked for guards better then him so i did a quick search to see what others thought. Most lists are top 10 and hes on none of them I could find. Then the Bleacher report is the only one that went every guard ranked. I felt it was pretty good list.

cutthemdown
08-15-2012, 02:07 PM
Problem with your logic is before Tebow started, both the pass protection and run blocking were suspect. Then Tebow starts... the run game opens up but the pass blocking doesn't noticably improve.

You can blame Tebow to some for his issues getting rid of the ball. But you can't simultaneously blame him for all of our protection issues while giving the OL all the credit for the new life in the running game. They haven't had success running in years.

Exactly. Also its not like we scored a lot of points. Our oline wasn't great at just pushing people into the endzone or in short yardage unless Tebow did some magic. Whatever I stand but what I said. As far as NFL players go, Kuper a pretty avg starter. About half the guard worst then him, half the starting guards probably better then him.

I get it though Bronco fans are homers.

Tombstone RJ
08-15-2012, 02:13 PM

TT held the ball way too long and on top of that he has a lousy release so I won't even discuss the pass protection issues and the sacks because those are pretty much all on TT.

As for the running game, whether you admit it or not, that all starts with the oline. This is a young oline to begin with and I'm not saying it's super fantastic at every position but it is young and jelling. Manning will no doubt make this oline better.

Beantown Bronco
08-15-2012, 02:14 PM
Who to believe.....cutthemdown or Ndamukong Suh? This is a tough one.

Tombstone RJ
08-15-2012, 02:17 PM
So at worst I would be 10 guards off. And for that I get railed on? And you tell me just to let it go. If anything it was all the people attacking my position that should let it go. Someone asked for guards better then him so i did a quick search to see what others thought. Most lists are top 10 and hes on none of them I could find. Then the Bleacher report is the only one that went every guard ranked. I felt it was pretty good list.

You get railed on because you use bleacher report to support your "opinion" and then use another fan website to support your "opinion". Again, if you believe Kuper is a below average interior lineman fine. I'm not buying it but ok.

cutthemdown
08-15-2012, 02:19 PM
You get railed on because you use bleacher report to support your "opinion" and then use another fan website to support your "opinion". Again, if you believe Kuper is a below average interior lineman fine. I'm not buying it but ok.

Below avg? No I said out of the 64 starters in the NFL he is probably around 25 lol. Not like I said he stinks. I said he is avg for the NFL, not dominant. Fine we disagree.

Tombstone RJ
08-15-2012, 02:21 PM
Exactly. Also its not like we scored a lot of points. Our oline wasn't great at just pushing people into the endzone or in short yardage unless Tebow did some magic. Whatever I stand but what I said. As far as NFL players go, Kuper a pretty avg starter. About half the guard worst then him, half the starting guards probably better then him.

I get it though Bronco fans are homers.

The Broncos didn't score a lot of points because it had no passing game. It was a 1 dimensional offense. When TT was starting the offense ran on 1st down every time. How hard is that to stop? When you know what the Broncos are going to do on first down and you put 8-9 guys in the box to stop it, what do you think will happen?

Tombstone RJ
08-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Below avg? No I said out of the 64 starters in the NFL he is probably around 25 lol. Not like I said he stinks. I said he is avg for the NFL, not dominant. Fine we disagree.

ok fine

cutthemdown
08-15-2012, 02:25 PM

No I get railed on because when homers don't like another fans opinion on the mane they call him stupid.

cutthemdown
08-15-2012, 02:28 PM
The Broncos didn't score a lot of points because it had no passing game. It was a 1 dimensional offense. When TT was starting the offense ran on 1st down every time. How hard is that to stop? When you know what the Broncos are going to do on first down and you put 8-9 guys in the box to stop it, what do you think will happen?

Orton wasn't getting time, and the line wasn't really opening up many holes. Maghee just runs really hard and breaks tackles.

Tombstone RJ
08-15-2012, 02:29 PM
No I get railed on because when homers don't like another fans opinion on the mane they call him stupid.

dude, you get railed on because you use bleacher report. Now you want to be all KCStud and ignore this.

Also, most people on this board freely admit that the Broncos interior oline is not exactly its strength. So wtf are you b****ing about now? Kuper is the one guy that people here feel good about so yah, we'll defend him.

Tombstone RJ
08-15-2012, 02:31 PM
Orton wasn't getting time, and the line wasn't really opening up many holes. Maghee just runs really hard and breaks tackles.

and Knowshon Moreno sucks ballz. So you got to take that into consideration too.

Kaylore
08-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Kuper is easily a top ten guard in the league. He's had some crappy offenses and some crappy QB's with some crappy other players on the line that have hid his ability. I don't really care what CTD or anyone says because the staff knows and pointed out he had a pro-bowl caliber year last year. If the staff knows, it doesn't matter what anyone anywhere says.

Gort
08-15-2012, 02:47 PM
Who to believe.....cutthemdown or Ndamukong Suh? This is a tough one.

don't think too hard.

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/z-mindblown2.gif

BroncoBeavis
08-15-2012, 03:00 PM
TT held the ball way too long and on top of that he has a lousy release so I won't even discuss the pass protection issues and the sacks because those are pretty much all on TT.

Tebow didn't help the protection (as is the case with most young QBs), but considering the Broncos went from 24th in the NFL in sacks (2010) to 23rd (2011) there's no support for your idea that Denver's pass protection issues are all on Tebow.

Tombstone RJ
08-15-2012, 03:02 PM
Tebow didn't help the protection (as is the case with most young QBs), but considering the Broncos went from 24th in the NFL in sacks (2010) to 23rd (2011) there's no support for your idea that Denver's pass protection issues are all on Tebow.

well, ok. I guess Orton sucked too.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-15-2012, 03:24 PM

Giving up 9 sacks in 5 games is suspect?

On a side note, its hilarious to see someone actually use the bleacher report as a credible source of info.

Agamemnon
08-15-2012, 03:28 PM
Offensive line is the one unit we really, really couldn't afford to have an injuries. So of course this happens.

crush17
08-15-2012, 04:29 PM

You get railed on because you come off as a total assclown and then try to back it up with bleacher report articles.

cutthemdown
08-15-2012, 04:33 PM
Offensive line is the one unit we really, really couldn't afford to have an injuries. So of course this happens.

This is so true. Our oline outright stinks IMO. Maybe Manning can make them look good.

cutthemdown
08-15-2012, 04:34 PM
You get railed on because you come off as a total assclown and then try to back it up with bleacher report articles.

The guards on that bleacher report are good players. Why don't you point out what makes it such a bad list.

DBroncos4life
08-15-2012, 04:39 PM
The guards on that bleacher report are good players. Why don't you point out what makes it such a bad list.

Other then FA's and retired players on that list?

BroncoBeavis
08-15-2012, 05:02 PM
Giving up 9 sacks in 5 games is suspect?

On a side note, its hilarious to see someone actually use the bleacher report as a credible source of info.

2 games against bottom 5 rushing teams. 1.5 games against teams Tim had fewer sacks against, (especially that atrocious Raider game) and a fairly average game against the Bengals.

Needless to say if you have to reduce the sample size to make an argument, you don't really have one.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-15-2012, 05:05 PM
2 games against bottom 5 rushing teams. 1.5 games against teams Tim had fewer sacks against, (especially that atrocious Raider game) and a fairly average game against the Bengals.

Needless to say if you have to reduce the sample size to make an argument, you don't really have one.

going into the lions and dolphins games, both their defenses were not getting sacks. At all. Then they sack tebow plenty of times. Cause he held onto the ball while looking to run.

Sample size? It was how many games Orton played. Not a sample size just an observation of 2 different QBs. One had 9 sacks in 5 games, the other had 33 for the rest of the year. A QBs style will affect the Olines sack stats. There's a reason Manning is one of the least sacked Qbs in the game. And it wasnt just Saturday.

TheReverend
08-15-2012, 05:17 PM
going into the lions and dolphins games, both their defenses were not getting sacks. At all. Then they sack tebow plenty of times. Cause he held onto the ball while looking to run.

Sample size? It was how many games Orton played. Not a sample size just an observation of 2 different QBs. One had 9 sacks in 5 games, the other had 33 for the rest of the year. A QBs style will affect the Olines sack stats. There's a reason Manning is one of the least sacked Qbs in the game. And it wasnt just Saturday.

Fun Fact: Miami and Detroit were both top 10 in the NFL in sacks last year!

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Fun Fact: Miami and Detroit were both top 10 in the NFL in sacks last year!

Yes but go back to those weeks and look at their games Before they faced the broncos. All during Pregame I remember analysts talkin about how the lions couldnt get any pressure on QBs. Then the same for the dolphins. Check the sack total in the few games before they faced Denver. You'll be surprised

Lions only had 9 sacks the previous 4 games against their opponents. Had 7 against tebow/Denver.

DBroncos4life
08-15-2012, 06:04 PM
Yes but go back to those weeks and look at their games Before they faced the broncos. All during Pregame I remember analysts talkin about how the lions couldnt get any pressure on QBs. Then the same for the dolphins. Check the sack total in the few games before they faced Denver. You'll be surprised

Lions only had 9 sacks the previous 4 games against their opponents. Had 7 against tebow/Denver.

The Phins got 6 against Tebow as well. Of course they both finished tied for 10th with 41 sacks. Hilarious!

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-15-2012, 06:06 PM
The Phins got 6 against Tebow as well. Of course they both finished tied for 10th with 41 sacks. Hilarious!

Dolphins had 8 sacks in their first 5 games of the season before they faced denver. They got 6 sacks on tebow.

DBroncos4life
08-15-2012, 06:07 PM
Dolphins had 8 sacks in their first 5 games of the season before they faced denver. They got 6 sacks on tebow.

If we would have allowed Tebow to throw more, more teams we faced would have finished in the top 10 in sacks.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-15-2012, 06:10 PM
If we would have allowed Tebow to throw more, more teams we faced would have finished in the top 10 in sacks.

Exactly. The Oline sack stat gets skewed by the QB they are trying to protect.

BroncoBuff
08-15-2012, 06:17 PM
Fing terrible news, but six weeks is not the end of the world ... the way he rehabs, it's just two games

Kinda forces the Orlando Franklin move inside, at least as long as Ryan Harris holds up. And don't fear Phillip Blake, we've started several rookies on the O-line past few years, and stayed very solid ... esp. in light of TT's one-dimensionality.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-15-2012, 06:23 PM
Fing terrible news, but six weeks is not the end of the world ... the way he rehabs, it's just two games

Kinda forces the Orlando Franklin move inside, at least as long as Ryan Harris holds up. And don't fear Phillip Blake, we've started several rookies on the O-line past few years, and stayed very solid ... esp. in light of TT's one-dimensionality.

Just dip his arm into cement. Hopefully he'll just miss 2

theAPAOps5
08-15-2012, 06:24 PM

They are keeping Franklin at RT...... For now

Ray Finkle
08-15-2012, 06:26 PM
Everyone keeps saying to move Franklin and put Haris at RT, this makes no sense. Harris cannot stay healthy, you would have a better chance with a temp LG.

BroncoBuff
08-15-2012, 06:27 PM
Exactly. The Oline sack stat gets skewed by the QB they are trying to protect.

And a million other factors, like ahead or behind, field position, clock, on and on. Other than YPC maybe, team O-line stats are mostly useless. Unless there's a spike factor, like a 4-12 team w/ a bad passer giving up the fewest sacks, or Tebow. Our line gets MEGA-credit from me for McGahee's 4.8 average with a non-existent pass threat. Until overtime in the playoffs that is.

LET'S HAVE ANOTHER LOOK, shall we?

BroncoBuff
08-15-2012, 06:29 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7zuUIhv8z3M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I.shall.never.tire.of.this.

O Tim, we hardly knew thee

Bmore Manning
08-15-2012, 06:43 PM
Everyone keeps saying to move Franklin and put Haris at RT, this makes no sense. Harris cannot stay healthy, you would have a better chance with a temp LG.

Who plays RG if you get a Jake Scott to play LG?
Seems like that wound mean Franklin plays RG.. And Clark Harris at RT?
Because a temp LG doesn't solve the hole at RG.

BroncoBuff
08-15-2012, 06:49 PM

Okay, but let's be honest: Other than the f-ing toe thing, the only problem he's had is the back, and we knew about that from jump street.

Look closer: Harris is not 'fragile,' not by a longshot: Took over as starter Week 5 as a true freshman at Notre Dame, started all 45 in a row thereafter. Right away had back surgery - invasive not scope - after his last game there which we knew. Missed the first 6 as a rookie, then took off. The friggin toe is the monkey wrench, just like backs, toes are tricky fing injuries. I say we cut him some slack, see how this surgery turns out. I just hope he had Trevor Pryce's surgeon.

DBroncos4life
08-15-2012, 07:00 PM
So Vernon Carey retired too. That is TWO players the BR had ranked ahead of Kuper Hilarious!

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-15-2012, 07:02 PM
Harris was part of that 2008 Oline that only gave up like 12 sacks ALL YEAR. Minimal penalties.

cutthemdown
08-15-2012, 07:28 PM
Other then FA's and retired players on that list?

yeah there are a couple, but still that is only RT guards they are talking about. We were talking guards overall. So still I think me saying he comes in about 25 is pretty high for Kuper considering there are 64 starting guards.

Then I found some lists that don't have Kuper listed really high in ranking. Found some others that were top 10 listings he also was not on. Decided not to link them because it doens't matter. Basically everyone in the whole world is a douche to the Bronco fans on this site. Not one publication really even considered smart. All you guys do is scream who wrote this garbage blah blah blah. Same with draft guru types. The board may have 1 guy out of 10 they think is good. Usually because they liked the Broncos draft, IE Mayock.

Whatever Kuper isn't a dominant player. He is an avg football player. But like I said avg in the NFL is pretty good, hard to even be good enough to start in the NFL. The fact I say there are 35 or so guards not as good as Kuper IMO is still pretty high praise.

But really no one has shown anything, mentioned and stats, that show Kuper to be an elite guard. He's a solid football player, but no pro bowler.

SoCalBronco
08-15-2012, 07:32 PM
Kuper will be fine. He's an excellent guard and I am looking forward to his return.

BroncoBeavis
08-15-2012, 07:34 PM

The Fade got KO for 5. But only finished 15th. Oh, and they only got Timmy once. See how that works?

But go ahead and keep your head in the sand and tell yourself this line is top 10.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8239ce81/Tebow-s-fumble-leads-to-Lions-TD

But PM'll fix that all with some creative LOS playcalling.

Zane 68! Zane 68! No Ole' 68!

LOL