PDA

View Full Version : Dontari Poe is 3rd String

Pages : 1 [2]

DBroncos4life
08-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Starters

Number 10 is the starting QB for the Rams now?Hilarious!Tim Barnes is the starting center now over Scott Wells!

Bacchus
08-23-2012, 06:24 PM
chefs suck

about sums it up

KCStud
08-23-2012, 06:36 PM
Number 10 is the starting QB for the Rams now?Hilarious!Tim Barnes is the starting center now over Scott Wells!

Yeah the first one is against starters. Is it not?

DBroncos4life
08-23-2012, 07:06 PM
Yeah the first one is against starters. Is it not?

It was pretty much an amazing play too ROFL!

KCStud
08-23-2012, 07:10 PM
It was pretty much an amazing play too ROFL!

Nah not as much as MethWolfe's against the worst OL in the league.

broncosteven
08-23-2012, 08:24 PM
This thread is the new mCg alien thread, it just won't die.

dictionary
08-23-2012, 09:12 PM
This thread is the new mCg alien thread, it just won't die.

This made me laugh incredibly hard. Thanks.

broncosteven
08-23-2012, 09:19 PM
This made me laugh incredibly hard. Thanks.

Congrats on your one hundredth post! No more 100 post rule for you!

REP

Agamemnon
08-26-2012, 05:51 PM
Cincinnati is a Big East school. Memphis didn't move until this year. I get that Poe needs time to develop as a 2-gap. Still though the fact that the kid couldn't produce quality numbers in C-USA with his size, strength and speed is a massive red flag. Meth Wolfe was an All-American and averaged a sack per game facing the same level of competition, despite having less raw talent.

Look like Tarzan, play like Jane players rarely pan out. Especially in the trenches.

Wolfe has less raw talent? Maybe when it comes to running fast in a straight line or the benchpress. Certainly not in terms of actually playing football.

razorwire77
08-26-2012, 05:56 PM
Wolfe has less raw talent? Maybe when it comes to running fast in a straight line or the benchpress. Certainly not in terms of actually playing football.

Generally speaking that's what raw talent is. Talent that has not been realized on a football field. By that definition, Poe has more raw talent t-shirt and shorts talent than Wolfe. That being said, I'm not a big fan of drafting players based on shorts and t-shirt measurements, which is basically why KC drafted Poe, and why he'll most likely wash out in 2 or 3 years.

Agamemnon
08-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Generally speaking that's what raw talent is. Talent that has not been realized on a football field. By that definition, Poe has more raw talent t-shirt and shorts talent than Wolfe. That being said, I'm not a big fan of drafting players based on shorts and t-shirt measurements, which is basically why KC drafted Poe, and why he'll most likely wash out in 2 or 3 years.

I think you're confusing measurables and raw talent. Raw talent means a guy has a natural gift for football but lacks the technique and experience to maximize it. Dontari Poe is fast for his size and is very strong, but in terms of raw football talent he doesn't come close to Wolfe. What's funny is a lot of personnel people in the NFL get the two confused as well. That's why guys like Poe get drafted so high even though the film shows they are clearly not that great when actually playing the game rather than working out.

Houshyamama
08-26-2012, 06:51 PM
I think you're confusing measurables and raw talent. Raw talent means a guy has a natural gift for football but lacks the technique and experience to maximize it. Dontari Poe is fast for his size and is very strong, but in terms of raw football talent he doesn't come close to Wolfe. What's funny is a lot of personnel people in the NFL get the two confused as well. That's why guys like Poe get drafted so high even though the film shows they are clearly not that great when actually playing the game rather than working out.

Exactly. Talent is different than athletic ability.

Take golf as an example. There are plenty of athletically gifted individuals who don't have the talent and coordination to play golf at a high level. Conversely, there are fatty mcfattersons who tear it up on the course because they have loads of talent. When you combine athletic ability and talent, then you have something special, like Megatron or Suh.

Agamemnon
08-26-2012, 07:39 PM
Exactly. Talent is different than athletic ability.

Take golf as an example. There are plenty of athletically gifted individuals who don't have the talent and coordination to play golf at a high level. Conversely, there are fatty mcfattersons who tear it up on the course because they have loads of talent. When you combine athletic ability and talent, then you have something special, like Megatron or Suh.

Yep. Jerry Rice was slow for a wide receiver, but his football talent went through the roof. Meanwhile how many track star super-athletes have come and gone as NFL receivers without accomplishing anything?

KCStud
08-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Classic over-dramatizing preseason. Always funny to see.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/27/3781324/chiefs-poe-likely-to-make-first.html

razorwire77
08-27-2012, 11:26 AM

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/27/3781324/chiefs-poe-likely-to-make-first.html

So he's basically starting in a game where most of the actual starters probably won't play, or will play a series or two.

Tombstone RJ
08-27-2012, 11:34 AM

hmmm... not really seeing how this is a glowing endorsement for Poe.

razorwire77
08-27-2012, 11:44 AM
hmmm... not really seeing how this is a glowing endorsement for Poe.

Whoops. . . The only reason he's "starting" a preseason game where most of the starters will be wearing baseball caps, is because of injuries.

Randy Covitz ‏@randycovitz

#Chiefs will start Dontari Poe at NT on Thurs at Green Bay because of ankle injury to Toribio.

Bacchus
08-27-2012, 11:51 AM
Whoops. . . The only reason he's "starting" a preseason game where most of the starters will be wearing baseball caps, is because of injuries.

Randy Covitz ‏@randycovitz

#Chiefs will start Dontari Poe at NT on Thurs at Green Bay because of ankle injury to Toribio.

So what is he 4th string now???

DBroncos4life
08-27-2012, 12:01 PM
So what is he 4th string now???

Lots of top 15 draft picks are running with the 4th team!

Br0nc0Buster
08-27-2012, 01:48 PM
Lots of top 15 draft picks are running with the 4th team!

Its really hard to crack that studly NT rotation of undrafted practice squaders(Toribio) and 6th rounders(Powe)

Bob's your Information Minister
08-27-2012, 03:46 PM
One thing is pretty obvious, Poe is gonna be terrible this year.

Bacchus
08-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Its really hard to crack that studly NT rotation of undrafted practice squaders(Toribio) and 6th rounders(Powe)

Yeah, Powe has played much better than Poe from what I have read. Maybe Powe is great or maybe Poe just sucks.

Tombstone RJ
08-27-2012, 03:54 PM
Yeah, Powe has played much better than Poe from what I have read. Maybe Powe is great or maybe Poe just sucks.

I bet even Romeo Crennell sometimes gets all confused about what Poe is what Powe. This is also probably why Torbio is the guy, it's just a lot easier for Romeo this way.

DENVERDUI55
08-27-2012, 04:33 PM

No POE is so far from a zero technique it he will be a little factor this year. He was drafted to play NT. Not backup to 2 very expensive and overpaid 5 tech guys.

KCStud
08-27-2012, 04:36 PM

Or maybe Powe has had a full year to learn the technique and speed of the NFL game?

cmhargrove
08-27-2012, 04:40 PM

KCStud
08-27-2012, 04:41 PM
I guess rookies aren't supposed to struggle?

How about David DeCastro? The next Steve Hutchison was struggling against bigger DL all preseason. Guess he's gonna bust too. He might as well not come back next year. :rofl:

Bacchus
08-27-2012, 04:43 PM

How about David DeCastro? The next Steve Hutchison was struggling against bigger DL all preseason. Guess he's gonna bust too. He might as well not come back next year. :rofl:

I was reading the Pittsburgh papers and DeCastro was starting unlike Poe. They also stated tht he was playing like a 5th year player. So it is good you can just make stuff up and pray no one calls you out on it.

Tombstone RJ
08-27-2012, 04:43 PM

would love a link to this post. Was DeCastro playing with the first team? I know when he was injured he was playing with the first team offense.

KCStud
08-27-2012, 04:46 PM
would love a link to this post. Was DeCastro playing with the first team? I know when he was injured he was playing with the first team offense.

you do realize that playing on passing downs is playing with the starters? Love how you guys act like Poe doesn't even play until the 2nd stringers come on the field.

KCStud
08-27-2012, 04:49 PM
I was reading the Pittsburgh papers and DeCastro was starting unlike Poe. They also stated tht he was playing like a 5th year player. So it is good you can just make stuff up and pray no one calls you out on it.

Yeah I'm sure "making stuff up"

http://profootballzone.com/nfl/david-decastro-struggling-at-steelers-camp/

David DeCastro struggling at Steelers camp
Aug8th
2012 Leave a Comment Written by Paul Jackiewicz

Getty Images
According to Jamison Hemsley of ESPN.com, Pittsburgh Steelers rookie guard David DeCastro has been struggling in training camp so far.

“Perhaps the biggest disappointment of Steelers training camp has been the struggles of first-round pick David DeCastro,” wrote Hemsley

DeCastro told Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger that he’s struggling with the physical part of the game right now.

“I talked to him the other day,” Roethlisberger told the TimesOnline.com. “I said, ‘How you doing? Evaluate yourself.’ “He said it’s different. I said what do you mean? He said it’s tough. I said what’s the tough part, the mental or the physical? He said, ‘The mental part I got. The physical is a lot tougher. These guys are really good.’”

Tombstone RJ
08-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Yeah I'm sure "making stuff up"

http://profootballzone.com/nfl/david-decastro-struggling-at-steelers-camp/

David DeCastro struggling at Steelers camp
Aug8th
2012 Leave a Comment Written by Paul Jackiewicz

Getty Images
According to Jamison Hemsley of ESPN.com, Pittsburgh Steelers rookie guard David DeCastro has been struggling in training camp so far.

“Perhaps the biggest disappointment of Steelers training camp has been the struggles of first-round pick David DeCastro,” wrote Hemsley

DeCastro told Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger that he’s struggling with the physical part of the game right now.

“I talked to him the other day,” Roethlisberger told the TimesOnline.com. “I said, ‘How you doing? Evaluate yourself.’ “He said it’s different. I said what do you mean? He said it’s tough. I said what’s the tough part, the mental or the physical? He said, ‘The mental part I got. The physical is a lot tougher. These guys are really good, except for Poe, he sucks.’”

fixed

KCStud
08-27-2012, 06:18 PM
fixed

Thanks for taking the time to prove you have no point in the discussion.

DBroncos4life
08-27-2012, 06:33 PM
Poe is to tackling as KCStud is to making a point

Kaylore
08-27-2012, 06:46 PM
So Poe is finally "starting" when all the third and fourth string players "start" the last preaseson game?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SL_QZqyBqLs/T6dQG0FcJjI/AAAAAAAAAjY/dEC6HgOylV4/s1600/olive-thumbs-up.gif

KCStud
08-27-2012, 06:54 PM
So Poe is finally "starting" when all the third and fourth string players "start" the last preaseson game?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SL_QZqyBqLs/T6dQG0FcJjI/AAAAAAAAAjY/dEC6HgOylV4/s1600/olive-thumbs-up.gif

That gif is almost as much of a fail as your avatar.

Btw-most of the the 3rd and 4th stringers are cut by now. Dumbass. Gaylore's brilliant football mind everybody.:rofl:

KCStud
08-27-2012, 07:03 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/25/3775879/risk-averse-pioli-taking-some.html

"That’s not uncommon, even among first-round nose tackles. Vince Wilfork, seen nearly a decade later as the gold standard at his position, played only about half of the Patriots’ defensive snaps his rookie year. Raji started one game as a rookie in 2009 and participated in only 36 percent of the Packers’ snaps. In the two-gap 3-4 defense, even the most-hyped rookies need time to develop. And although Poe might have further to climb than those players, considering his inexperience — he played in 35 college games, compared with Raji’s 51 at Boston College — the Chiefs see a similar upside."

I guess Wilfork and Raji suck ass because they weren't starting from week 1 and dominating the league?

This board continues to crack me up. I bet most on this board don't even realize that Poe plays an entirely different position in an entirely different scheme than Methhead.

400HZ
08-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Don't forget to bump this thread in two years when Poe gets signed by Burger King to start at Shift Manager.

rugbythug
08-27-2012, 07:56 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/25/3775879/risk-averse-pioli-taking-some.html

"That’s not uncommon, even among first-round nose tackles. Vince Wilfork, seen nearly a decade later as the gold standard at his position, played only about half of the Patriots’ defensive snaps his rookie year. Raji started one game as a rookie in 2009 and participated in only 36 percent of the Packers’ snaps. In the two-gap 3-4 defense, even the most-hyped rookies need time to develop. And although Poe might have further to climb than those players, considering his inexperience — he played in 35 college games, compared with Raji’s 51 at Boston College — the Chiefs see a similar upside."

I guess Wilfork and Raji suck ass because they weren't starting from week 1 and dominating the league?

This board continues to crack me up. I bet most on this board don't even realize that Poe plays an entirely different position in an entirely different scheme than Methhead.

Both of those guys were good in college. See the difference?

KCStud
08-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Don't forget to bump this thread in two years when Poe gets signed by Burger King to start at Shift Manager.

Didn't you say this about Tyson Jackson a few years back?

Inkana7
08-27-2012, 08:15 PM

Tyson Jackson is well on his way to proving him right, if that's the case!

KCStud
08-27-2012, 08:18 PM
Both of those guys were good in college. See the difference?

But yet they weren't good enough to start or play much in their rookie years?

BJ Raji didn't put up much better stats than Poe up to his Jr. year. Neither did Phil Taylor. Or Haloti Ngata.

Add to the fact that the guy was the only good player on the defense and played every defensive single snap of the season.

I'm not sure about his run stopping ability, but he's doing really well getting into the backfield and blocking passing lanes. That's encouraging for a rookie.

KCStud
08-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Tyson Jackson is well on his way to proving him right, if that's the case!

Fail.

The true value of Tyson Jackson
August, 14, 2012
AUG 14
5:40
PM ET
By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com
RECOMMEND26TWEET35COMMENTS502EMAILPRINT
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. -- Tyson Jackson is maligned and probably will always be as long as he is with the Kansas City Chiefs. It goes with the territory of being a No. 3 overall pick.

Folks expect spectacular dividends from players drafted that high, but Jackson will never be spectacular. But he has been productive and is a big reason why the team's defense is expected to be one of the better units in the league.

The Chiefs value Jackson as one of the best run-stopping 3-4 defensive ends in the NFL. Yes, No. 3 picks should get sacks, but that’s not Jackson’s game. He has two sacks in three NFL seasons. The Chiefs will continue to get the brunt of their pass-rush from star Tamba Hali and youngster Justin Houston.

It's Jackson's job to halt the run and he does it well. According to Pro Football Focus, Jackson had 38 defensive stops (characterized as tackles for an offensive failure on the play) in 2011. That total led the NFL in run stop frequency.

Kansas City defensive end Glenn Dorsey, the No. 5 overall pick in 2008, added 32. According to Pro Football Focus, Jackson and Dorsey's totals were the highest in the NFL by 3-4 ends.

Like Jackson, Dorsey has been criticized for a being of high-pick bust. But these statistics and the Chiefs' improvement on the defensive front in the past year show these former high picks are making their presence felt.

OBF1
08-27-2012, 08:29 PM
Ok bozo...

Stub,

Poe, Dorsey and Jackson are all world, Hall of Fame worthy already at this point in their career's.

Feel better now?

What an ass clown.

Beantown Bronco
08-27-2012, 08:44 PM
Arguing that Poe is going to be the next Raji, Wilfork or Ngata simply because none of them lit up the league from day one is like saying anyone that drops out of college is going to be the next Bill Gates because he didn't finish either. It's a flawed argument. Period.

Br0nc0Buster
08-27-2012, 09:21 PM
lol we can only hope Poe becomes as "good" as Tyson Jackson

KCStud
08-27-2012, 09:58 PM
Arguing that Poe is going to be the next Raji, Wilfork or Ngata simply because none of them lit up the league from day one is like saying anyone that drops out of college is going to be the next Bill Gates because he didn't finish either. It's a flawed argument. Period.

And saying he's gonna bust because he isn't lighting it up in his first training camp is like saying a freshman who got a D on his first test in college is going to fail out.

BroncoFanDoug
08-27-2012, 10:02 PM
KC Stiff...

Soooo I guess what you are telling us is that you are delighted that your top 15 draft choice is 3rd string? Yes??? You have no concerns that this might be a wasted draft choice???? Please!!!

Could he develop sometime in the future? Not out of the question, but imho unlikely given his apparent character issues. No reports suggesting he is the hard working type.

The reality is that Wolfe is probably going to be a better selection taken in the second round. That is where things are now, and if I were a chiefs fan I would not be happy with the choice at this juncture.

KCStud
08-27-2012, 10:15 PM
KC Stiff...

Soooo I guess what you are telling us is that you are delighted that your top 15 draft choice is 3rd string? Yes??? You have no concerns that this might be a wasted draft choice???? Please!!!

Could he develop sometime in the future? Not out of the question, but imho unlikely given his apparent character issues. No reports suggesting he is the hard working type.

The reality is that Wolfe is probably going to be a better selection taken in the second round. That is where things are now, and if I were a chiefs fan I would not be happy with the choice at this juncture.

Character concerns? Not a hard worker? Like how he played every single defensive snap in college? Do you know how exhausting that is for a guy that big? He never complained either. He's also worked really hard in KC so far. He doesn't have character concerns.

DBroncos4life
08-27-2012, 10:24 PM
How exhausting is it for a DT to stand up and get blocked? Its not like he was chasing down QBs!!

KCStud
08-27-2012, 10:32 PM
How exhausting is it for a DT to stand up and get blocked? Its not like he was chasing down QBs!!

You clearly didn't watch him play. Nor have you ever played football. You should probably stop right there.

Tombstone RJ
08-27-2012, 10:32 PM
Thanks for taking the time to prove you have no point in the discussion.

the point is Poe is already a disappointment, you don't draft a big fat fatty at #11 to have him slowly develop into legit NT. Wilfork was drafted #21 overall in 2004 and he saw significant playing time as a rookie and he was behind Keith Traylor. Remember, you are the assclown drawing comparisons to Wilfork. Wilfork played at Miami against good competition and even though he didn't start his rookie year, he did play a lot. He was drafted 10 spots lower than Poe but because he actually played good competition in college and was yah know, productive in college, he actually contributed his rookie year.

KCStud
08-27-2012, 10:33 PM
But Methhead was good! He got a sack on the worst OL in the league the last 2 years!:rofl:

DBroncos4life
08-27-2012, 10:38 PM
You clearly didn't watch him play. Nor have you ever played football. You should probably stop right there.

I'm sure you watched every Memphis game he played you ****ing tool bag. Yes I played flanker in a option O.

DBroncos4life
08-27-2012, 10:39 PM
But Methhead was good! He got a sack on the worst OL in the league the last 2 years!:rofl:

Poe is so good he got like zero sacks against NO ONE!!!!

Br0nc0Buster
08-27-2012, 10:44 PM

?
Are you serious?
Wolfe was big east defensive player of the year
How many sacks does Poe have?
against anyone?

DBroncos4life
08-27-2012, 10:46 PM
Of the film I watched, he rarely "explodes" off the line which his combine numbers would seem to show he should do on every snap. Yes, he seems to be the first lineman moving at the snap of the ball, but because he seems to stand straight up, he gets pushed around to much by smaller and weaker linemen. I keep hearing people question his motor and effort on plays, in the very limited film I watched I did not see this, but if guys like Mike Mayock say its true, then I believe it. How can a guy this physically superior to everybody he plays against not dominate on nearly every snap?

http://www.reclinerqb.com/2012/04/nfl-draft-quick-hits-dontari-poe.html

Kaylore
08-27-2012, 10:47 PM
Only KCsheepstud would try to argue getting sacks is a bad thing.

KCStud
08-27-2012, 10:50 PM
?
Are you serious?
Wolfe was big east defensive player of the year
How many sacks does Poe have?
against anyone?

NT's don't get a lot of sacks. You expecting him to get sacks like Methhead you're wrong. They play completely different positions.
He's expected to this year because he's in the pass rush plays at DE, but when he plays NT full on he won't be expected to get 10 sacks. No NT gets 10 sacks a year. Wilfork doesn't even get very many sacks and he's the ideal NT.

DBroncos4life
08-27-2012, 10:50 PM
Just pop in tape of any Memphis Tigers football game and it won’t take long NOT to notice Poe. Nevermind the fact that the Tigers have Just pop in a tape of any Memphis Tigers football game and it won’t take long NOT to notice Poe. Nevermind the fact that the Tigers have produced one of the NCAA’s worst defenses over the last few season — they finished 117th in 2011, 115th in 2010 and 116th in total produced one of the NCAA’s worst defenses over the last few season — they finished 117th in 2011, 115th in 2010 and 116th in total defense the last three years — Poe hasn’t been productive individually either.

http://m.athlonsports.com/nfl/2012-nfl-draft-busts-ryan-tannehill-and-dontari-poe

KCTurd you didn't watch 5 seconds of this turd before he was drafted and yet you still prove you know nothing about jack ****.

KCStud
08-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Of the film I watched, he rarely "explodes" off the line which his combine numbers would seem to show he should do on every snap. Yes, he seems to be the first lineman moving at the snap of the ball, but because he seems to stand straight up, he gets pushed around to much by smaller and weaker linemen. I keep hearing people question his motor and effort on plays, in the very limited film I watched I did not see this, but if guys like Mike Mayock say its true, then I believe it. How can a guy this physically superior to everybody he plays against not dominate on nearly every snap?

http://www.reclinerqb.com/2012/04/nfl-draft-quick-hits-dontari-poe.html

That's called bad technique. As in his new d coordinator every year doesn't know how to teach it.

I'll trust Romeo. He's not too bad. He's only gotten the most out of DL such as Seymour, Warren, and Rogers.

DBroncos4life
08-27-2012, 10:52 PM
NT's don't get a lot of sacks. You expecting him to get sacks like Methhead you're wrong. They play completely different positions.
He's expected to this year because he's in the pass rush plays at DE, but when he plays NT full on he won't be expected to get 10 sacks. No NT gets 10 sacks a year. Wilfork doesn't even get very many sacks and he's the ideal NT.

I thought he is playing DE on passing plays! He can't get one sack against scrubs!!

KCStud
08-27-2012, 10:53 PM
Just pop in tape of any Memphis Tigers football game and it won’t take long NOT to notice Poe. Nevermind the fact that the Tigers have Just pop in a tape of any Memphis Tigers football game and it won’t take long NOT to notice Poe. Nevermind the fact that the Tigers have produced one of the NCAA’s worst defenses over the last few season — they finished 117th in 2011, 115th in 2010 and 116th in total produced one of the NCAA’s worst defenses over the last few season — they finished 117th in 2011, 115th in 2010 and 116th in total defense the last three years — Poe hasn’t been productive individually either.

http://m.athlonsports.com/nfl/2012-nfl-draft-busts-ryan-tannehill-and-dontari-poe

KCTurd you didn't watch 5 seconds of this turd before he was drafted and yet you still prove you know nothing about jack ****.

One player makes an entire defense bad? Who knew.

KCStud
08-27-2012, 10:54 PM
I thought he is playing DE on passing plays! He can't get one sack against scrubs!!

Let's judge everyone by their first preseason! Woopppeeee!:rofl:

DBroncos4life
08-27-2012, 10:57 PM
That's called bad technique. As in his new d coordinator every year doesn't know how to teach it.

I'll trust Romeo. He's not too bad. He's only gotten the most out of DL such as Seymour, Warren, and Rogers.

I ****ing just said how can he be tired from just standing up and getting pushed around and you claimed I didn't watch him play. Now its bad technique!!!!

DBroncos4life
08-27-2012, 10:59 PM
One player makes an entire defense bad? Who knew.

He took up space and did nothing so yeah in his case it does.

KCStud
08-27-2012, 10:59 PM
Here ya go DBrokeback4life.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oB6CEP2aEtw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KCStud
08-27-2012, 11:08 PM
I ****ing just said how can he be tired from just standing up and getting pushed around and you claimed I didn't watch him play. Now its bad technique!!!!

Lol showing you know nothing about Dontari. Poor coaching and lack of any help did him no favors. Do you even watch the draft? Do you know anything about Dontari other than what you google at the last minute? :rofl:

Now he's on a defense that has 2 of the best run stoppers, 3 pro bowlers and a great DL coach.

Like I said. I trust Romeo when it comes to DL. He's been fantastic throughout his career in that area.

DBroncos4life
08-27-2012, 11:09 PM

Lol in trusting 6 win Romeo! .368 winning gets studs blood pumping!

DBroncos4life
08-27-2012, 11:13 PM
Lol showing you know nothing about Dontari. Poor coaching and lack of any help did him no favors. Do you even watch the draft? Do you know anything about Dontari other than what you google at the last minute? :rofl:

Now he's on a defense that has 2 of the best run stoppers, 3 pro bowlers and a great DL coach.

Like I said. I trust Romeo when it comes to DL. He's been fantastic throughout his career in that area.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha when it comes to coaching the whole team he just flat out sucks balls!!!!

KCStud
08-27-2012, 11:13 PM
Lol in trusting 6 win Romeo! .368 winning gets studs blood pumping!

He has **** to work with in Cleveland. He has talent in KC.

Nevermind. You won't get it anyway. Now you're just being a dumbass. You're fairly good at not assessing situations. :~ohyah!:

KCStud
08-27-2012, 11:14 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha when it comes to coaching the whole team he just flat out sucks balls!!!!

If I had to guess, I'd say you're probably 14. Wait, maybe 13 is more accurate.

Br0nc0Buster
08-27-2012, 11:17 PM

You are the one who brought up sacks
And please stop insulting us with the comparisons of Poe to Wilfork

KCStud
08-27-2012, 11:17 PM
Actually...12. I think it's 12. And that's my final answer!

DBroncos4life
08-27-2012, 11:19 PM
If I had to guess, I'd say you're probably 14. Wait, maybe 13 is more accurate.

If I had to guess you are a pathetic loser that needs to chat on a rival fans message board so you can get any human it interact with you.

KCStud
08-27-2012, 11:22 PM
If I had to guess you are a pathetic loser that needs to chat on a rival fans message board so you can get any human it interact with you.

Yep 12 is the answer. That wasn't hard at all.:yayaya:

DBroncos4life
08-27-2012, 11:22 PM
Yep 12 is the answer. That wasn't hard at all.:yayaya:

My age is listed you dumb ****.

KCStud
08-27-2012, 11:26 PM
My age is listed you dumb ****.

For being 31, you sure act 12. And this response proves it. My condolences.

DBroncos4life
08-27-2012, 11:33 PM

Oh the pain I don't act my age on the ****ing internet! Do you do anything besides hang out here? The only thing should be sorry for is your sad pathetic life dude.

KCStud
08-27-2012, 11:34 PM
Oh the pain I don't act my age on the ****ing internet! Do you do anything besides hang out here? The only thing should be sorry for is your sad pathetic life dude.

Classic what are you doing here post. Next you'll threaten to beat me up. :~ohyah!:

DBroncos4life
08-27-2012, 11:37 PM
Classic what are you doing here post. Next you'll threaten to beat me up. :~ohyah!:

Send you a copy of brokeback Mt.

LongDongJohnson
08-27-2012, 11:41 PM
He has **** to work with in Cleveland. He has talent in KC.

Nevermind. You won't get it anyway. Now you're just being a dumbass. You're fairly good at not assessing situations. :~ohyah!:

His defense sucked every year he was there. Its a fact that ex patriot assistants dont make good head coaches.

Bacchus
08-28-2012, 12:22 AM
But yet they weren't good enough to start or play much in their rookie years?

BJ Raji didn't put up much better stats than Poe up to his Jr. year. Neither did Phil Taylor. Or Haloti Ngata.

Add to the fact that the guy was the only good player on the defense and played every defensive single snap of the season.

I'm not sure about his run stopping ability, but he's doing really well getting into the backfield and blocking passing lanes. That's encouraging for a rookie.

So by your logic because some DTs stuggled their rookie year and became good, Since Poe is struggling he will also become good.:thumbs:

I think Poe was the biggest gamble in the draft EXPECIALLY at #11. He was not a great player at Memphis. He just wasn't, so many people outside of KC felt he was going to be drafted way too high and so far he has not done anything to prove the naysayers wrong.

canadianbroncosfan
08-28-2012, 12:29 AM
So by your logic because some DTs stuggled their rookie year and became good, Since Poe is struggling he will also become good.:thumbs:

I think Poe was the biggest gamble in the draft EXPECIALLY at #11. He was not a great player at Memphis. He just wasn't, so many people outside of KC felt he was going to be drafted way too high and so far he has not done anything to prove the naysayers wrong.

Not only was he not a great player at Memphis, Memphis isn't a good school or in a good conference. Poe was a huge stretch at 11 and it was mostly due to his combine. However to be fair, this is the Chorfs we're talking about.

Bacchus
08-28-2012, 12:31 AM
Not only was he not a great player at Memphis, Memphis isn't a good school or in a good conference. Poe was a huge stretch at 11 and it was mostly due to his combine. However to be fair, this is the Chorfs we're talking about.

I agree, there were people talking about Denver reaching for him in the 20's. Wow it sucks to be a Chiefs fan.

Archer81
08-28-2012, 12:44 AM
As a Broncos fan I hope Poe busts. Not because of him personally, but because he happens to play for a division rival. Of course the possibility exists that he could develop into a quality NFL player; maybe even a star.

Of course that likelihood is as similar to finding Prothean archives on Mars.

:Broncos:

400HZ
08-28-2012, 07:24 AM

Haha, yup. But then you reminded me that KC was LOOKING for a defensive end who can't rush the passer, and I felt silly.

And by the way, if Jackson hadn't agreed to cut his pay check in half this year and void next year off his contract, he would be at BK by now.

dictionary
08-28-2012, 09:06 AM

Memphis is in the SEC, so there is that, but I do agree about him being a stretch.

/keeps trying to kill thread.
//gives up.

Tombstone RJ
08-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Memphis is in the SEC, so there is that, but I do agree about him being a stretch.

/keeps trying to kill thread.
//gives up.

nsis...

Requiem
08-28-2012, 10:22 AM

Oh the irony!

Kaylore
08-28-2012, 10:34 AM
I can honestly say I have never seen someone repeatedly belch out more stupid and asinine than Sheepstud. That guy should teach a course in Sophistry for imbeciles.

jonny1
08-28-2012, 11:00 AM
[QUOTE=dictionary;3649998]Memphis is in the SEC, so there is that, but I do agree about him being a stretch. QUOTE]

No.

vancejohnson82
08-28-2012, 11:11 AM
hahaha...Memphis is in the SEC!!!!

I remember all those classic Alabama/Memphis battles over the years

Bacchus
08-28-2012, 11:19 AM

Can you imagine 1-9 Memphis playing Alabama...... ugh... I'm sure Poe would have been dominate though like he was not in all those Conferace USA games he played in.

broncocalijohn
08-28-2012, 11:26 AM

You idiot! It isn't Alabama vs Memphis as a classic battle. It is Auburn vs. Memphis battle. They call it the Elvis Cup. Since Alabama claims Elvis in his early days of gospel and rockabilly, they battle for the Elvis sculpture. If Auburn loses, they hand over the juke and jive 50s bronze Elvis statue. If Memphis wins, Auburn gets the fat, Vegas Elvis with lights around the pink and green statue. I love watching these games on CBS every year. Seems every year the game makes or breaks for a big time bowl. Only reason Memphis doesn't get the big bowl game is of this rivalry game. :yayaya:

Memphis....Long Live the SEC...North Division!

Bacchus
08-28-2012, 11:35 AM
You idiot! It isn't Alabama vs Memphis as a classic battle. It is Auburn vs. Memphis battle. They call it the Elvis Cup. Since Alabama claims Elvis in his early days of gospel and rockabilly, they battle for the Elvis sculpture. If Auburn loses, they hand over the juke and jive 50s bronze Elvis statue. If Memphis wins, Auburn gets the fat, Vegas Elvis with lights around the pink and green statue. I love watching these games on CBS every year. Seems every year the game makes or breaks for a big time bowl. Only reason Memphis doesn't get the big bowl game is of this rivalry game. :yayaya:

Memphis....Long Live the SEC...North Division!

I heard the Elvis statue was not made of Bronze but was actually a 200 lb block of butter. You know how those southerners love their butter.

vancejohnson82
08-28-2012, 11:42 AM
Memphis State beat Alabama in that epic 1987 battle...

it has been called one of the "most embarrassing losses in Crimson Tide history"

KCStud
08-28-2012, 11:12 PM
the point is Poe is already a disappointment, you don't draft a big fat fatty at #11 to have him slowly develop into legit NT. Wilfork was drafted #21 overall in 2004 and he saw significant playing time as a rookie and he was behind Keith Traylor. Remember, you are the assclown drawing comparisons to Wilfork. Wilfork played at Miami against good competition and even though he didn't start his rookie year, he did play a lot. He was drafted 10 spots lower than Poe but because he actually played good competition in college and was yah know, productive in college, he actually contributed his rookie year.

Wait a minute. He's already a disappointment, but yet he hasn't played a game yet? You still have no point in the conversation. What a stupid thing to say.

And before you bring up the garbage response of "he has questions and he doesn't look good", you should probably realize that a lot of draft picks all over the draft have questions. Even the best one's.

KCStud
08-28-2012, 11:16 PM
And I love the Tyson Jackson hate. He was the best run stopping DE in the 3-4 last year.
And before you bring up BJ Raji, you might want to look at this which shows just how horrible of a season Raji had last year. He was the worst DT against the run.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/08/2011-run-stop-percentage-interior-defensive-linemen/

So yeah, it does look like Tyson Jackson was a good pick right now considering how well Tyson has looked and how the rest of how the top 10 played last year (except Stafford, who the team had absolutely no shot of drafting). No he's not worth #3 overall, but he is definitely not a bust by any means.

SoCalBronco
08-28-2012, 11:21 PM
And I love the Tyson Jackson hate. He was the best run stopping DE in the 3-4 last year.
And before you bring up BJ Raji, you might want to look at this which shows just how horrible of a season Raji had last year. He was the worst DT against the run.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/08/2011-run-stop-percentage-interior-defensive-linemen/

So yeah, it does look like Tyson Jackson was a good pick right now considering how well Tyson has looked and how the rest of how the top 10 played last year (except Stafford, who the team had absolutely no shot of drafting). No he's not worth #3 overall, but he is definitely not a bust by any means.

He might be a serviceable player, but when he was drafted at #3 Bob was claiming he would be another Richard Seymour.

SoCalBronco
08-28-2012, 11:23 PM

Feel free to call it crystal meth. Derek calls it sugar.

Fear him.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bGMsAYgoL3Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KCStud
08-28-2012, 11:30 PM
He might be a serviceable player, but when he was drafted at #3 Bob was claiming he would be another Richard Seymour.

Well if it means all the same, Pioli shot down all the Seymour comparisons the day he was drafted.

I'll take a solid reliable veteran over nothing. It's astonishing that Barry Richardson, yes Barry "gateway to any QB" Richardson that was the worst ranked OT in the league last year, beat out Jason Smith.

Holy crap Sam Bradford is gonna get killed.

Simply Red
08-28-2012, 11:49 PM
when do the Broncos play their final preseason game, Saturday, Sunday??

So what is the collective viewpoint this week?

Preseaon matters...? -or- doesn't mean jack crap...?

What's the collective thinking upon the Mane w/ that, this week?

DBroncos4life
08-28-2012, 11:51 PM

Bragging about how well a dude stops the run on the 26th run D is awesome.

canadianbroncosfan
08-29-2012, 12:16 AM

Thursday.

Simply Red
08-29-2012, 12:21 AM
is Peyton playing at all, or entirely sidelined?

Jetmeck
08-29-2012, 01:38 AM
long ass thread about a sad showing chef team................literally last game it couldn't have gone any worse.

Get a six pack and watch that sea/kc....you will laugh till you roll on the floor.

Broncos_OTM
08-29-2012, 01:52 AM

What's the collective thinking upon the Mane w/ that, this week?in preseason you want to see your team bond and get some cohesion. the final score don't mean jack. you want to see if the guys you brought in are made for the NFL and can grasp what you are teaching them. you notice strengths and weaknesses jmo

Broncos_OTM
08-29-2012, 01:53 AM

you guys over in chorf land sound jaded as ****

Broncos_OTM
08-29-2012, 01:55 AM
Well if it means all the same, Pioli shot down all the Seymour comparisons the day he was drafted.

I'll take a solid reliable veteran over nothing. It's astonishing that Barry Richardson, yes Barry "gateway to any QB" Richardson that was the worst ranked OT in the league last year, beat out Jason Smith.

Holy crap Sam Bradford is gonna get killed.Jason smith is a bust of Mega proportions

Jetland
08-29-2012, 01:56 AM

do you need a hug?

Broncos_OTM
08-29-2012, 02:12 AM

from those stats looked like he was better then saymor.interesting also Marcus thomas was top ten.

KCStud
08-29-2012, 11:11 AM
Bragging about how well a dude stops the run on the 26th run D is awesome.

What's even more awesome is your inability to read stats. If you did, you'd see KC was 14th.

DBroncos4life
08-29-2012, 11:17 AM
What's even more awesome is your inability to read stats. If you did, you'd see KC was 14th.

Um nope.

Tombstone RJ
08-29-2012, 11:22 AM

well if you are a kc fan it's obvious that this preseason is meaningless. If you're a Broncos fan you look at game 3 and like what you see from the first team and are cautiously optimistic about the Broncos chances. This 4th preseason game is relatively meaningless outside of seeing how the bubble guys perform. There are always those guys that you root for, for example I'd like to see Steven Johnson make the team along with Ben Garland but other than that, there's not much to watch.

KCStud
08-29-2012, 11:24 AM
Um nope.

Let me guess, New Orleans was a better run defense than KC because they gave up less total rush yards, but yet gave up a much higher yards per carry average and teams ran the ball on them far less?

Your ignorance is laughable. But keep going. I'm entertained.

Tombstone RJ
08-29-2012, 11:25 AM

I doubt he takes any snaps. It's gonna be a lot of Osweiler and Weber IMHO.

DBroncos4life
08-29-2012, 11:40 AM
Let me guess, New Orleans was a better run defense than KC because they gave up less total rush yards, but yet gave up a much higher yards per carry average and teams ran the ball on them far less?

Your ignorance is laughable. But keep going. I'm entertained.

Skewed stat. NO gave up chunks of yards when teams rushed against them when they played nickel D when they had huge leads. Keep thinking your D was awesome though.

KCStud
08-29-2012, 04:52 PM
Skewed stat. NO gave up chunks of yards when teams rushed against them when they played nickel D when they had huge leads. Keep thinking your D was awesome though.

And you think other teams haven't done that? Chiefs played in the nickel half the time last year!:rofl:

Simply Red
08-29-2012, 07:49 PM
you guys over in chorf land sound jaded as ****

how is my question 'jaded?' - I was wondering if they were sidelining him due to it being the final PS game. Sorry i didn't include that in my original, or type it up on interwebb flash-cards, but you guys over HERE in Donkey land sound like you could use some reading "****ing" comprehension.

Simply Red
08-29-2012, 07:50 PM
I doubt he takes any snaps. It's gonna be a lot of Osweiler and Weber IMHO.

Ty - Good Christ!

Simply Red
08-29-2012, 07:53 PM
well if you are a kc fan it's obvious that this preseason is meaningless. If you're a Broncos fan you look at game 3 and like what you see from the first team and are cautiously optimistic about the Broncos chances. This 4th preseason game is relatively meaningless outside of seeing how the bubble guys perform. There are always those guys that you root for, for example I'd like to see Steven Johnson make the team along with Ben Garland but other than that, there's not much to watch.

You all have scattered, covered, smothered & chunked your collection of thoughts of this preseason's importance, as well, I'll be happy to dig up at least ten examples of conflicting opinions on the importance of PS by/from the OM posters.

dictionary
08-29-2012, 08:22 PM
You all have scattered, covered, smothered & chunked your collection of thoughts of this preseason's importance, as well, I'll be happy to dig up at least ten examples of conflicting opinions on the importance of PS by/from the OM posters.

I didnt know they had waffle house in KC. Good to know next time I'm slumming it.

Simply Red
08-29-2012, 11:37 PM
I didnt know they had waffle house in KC. Good to know next time I'm slumming it.

Yeah, well they do buddy! They also have over 300 in the Atlanta metro.

broncosteven
08-30-2012, 12:19 AM

Is the following what you are looking for:

Preseason mattered this year because it gave Manning time to get his timing down with his new offense and receiving corps.

The luxury of a full TC and PS this year allowed our O to gell and for PM to prove that he is healthy and can make all the throws he needs to in this league, even if he hasn't been able to consistently complete the deep ball. A contested ball down field is a tough pass to complete anyway for anyone and even harder for those who had to sit a year out. I think the deep passing game will get better as Manning gains confidence with his new, YOUNG, WR's.

I think PS this year has shown that PM can take a hit without setbacks the following day(s) and get back up and keep slinging it.

The highlight for us Bronco fans over here on the Mange, was the 3rd game of the year (even though Fox said they did not gameplan for it) where Peyton threw for like 15 of 17, 155 yards 2 TD's and a 3rd drive in a row that had a score (FG), we were up 3-0 before a Manning Pass to Bell was a big 3rd down conversion even though Peyton took a big hit, but he bounced back up and threw a TD to Decker. Then later he tossed another to Decker, with nice touch, and made it 17-ZIP.

Peyton went 10 of 12 for 122 and 2 TD's in limited action. Maybe if Peyton was playing under Belly for the Patsy's Belly might have kept him out there the entire game and running the score up into the 60 point range depending on how many times he decided to go for 2 after every Manning TD pass.

I believe the staff saw what they wanted to see of Manning in the 3rd game and pulled him, maybe if he struggled and went 19/34 and only 168 with a TD and another INT they might have kept him out there to get in sync with the O and even have him start the 2nd half but since Manning looked like the Manning of old and was scary good I believe they saw enough and moved on to see if it was worth keeping Hanie around or if they should move Osweiler up to 2nd.

I think in the 2nd horse race I might keep Haine around just because he can call the plays and get the team to the LOS. I think Haine will be a career BU, maybe a little worse than Orton but at least Haine can pull it down and go Tebow Time when he gets happy feet in the pocket. His mobility will help him out a little. Haine is good for at least 1 bad INT per game but he has shown he is good for at least 1 (or more if lucky) good drive per game.

I do feel a lot better seeing Manning (in person on Week 1 here in Chitown) play and not have any setbacks throwing. It will be an on going issue to keep his arm strength where it needs to be until the Nerve has totally regenerated but he is committed to getting better so I do not see him taking a few days of PT off then ending up with major pain in the throwing arm and being set backed for a couple weeks.

He has seemed to recover to the point where he can do just about anything he wants to do on the field at his age and experience, it will just be up to the receivers to stay with him and catch the balls. Plus PM will have a good run game to help him offset the blitz and keep D's honest.

The last game will be fun only to watch the depth players play and see if some dark horse can make the team with great play. I wonder if Os puts it together and has a great game this week if he doesn't get the 2nd QB spot sending Weber to PS (which will likely happen anyway) or if they just cut Haine and still move Weber to PS.

I will be watching Os, the LOS on both sides for us and LB depth as we may need an LB to push some starters for their jobs this year.

So to answer your question the long way It has been a good PS for us and we learned a lot about our team

Simply Red
08-30-2012, 12:33 AM
Is the following what you are looking for:

Preseason mattered this year because it gave Manning time to get his timing down with his new offense and receiving corps.

The luxury of a full TC and PS this year allowed our O to gell and for PM to prove that he is healthy and can make all the throws he needs to in this league, even if he hasn't been able to consistently complete the deep ball. A contested ball down field is a tough pass to complete anyway for anyone and even harder for those who had to sit a year out. I think the deep passing game will get better as Manning gains confidence with his new, YOUNG, WR's.

I think PS this year has shown that PM can take a hit without setbacks the following day(s) and get back up and keep slinging it.

The highlight for us Bronco fans over here on the Mange, was the 3rd game of the year (even though Fox said they did not gameplan for it) where Peyton threw for like 15 of 17, 155 yards 2 TD's and a 3rd drive in a row that had a score (FG), we were up 3-0 before a Manning Pass to Bell was a big 3rd down conversion even though Peyton took a big hit, but he bounced back up and threw a TD to Decker. Then later he tossed another to Decker, with nice touch, and made it 17-ZIP.

Peyton went 10 of 12 for 122 and 2 TD's in limited action. Maybe if Peyton was playing under Belly for the Patsy's Belly might have kept him out there the entire game and running the score up into the 60 point range depending on how many times he decided to go for 2 after every Manning TD pass.

I believe the staff saw what they wanted to see of Manning in the 3rd game and pulled him, maybe if he struggled and went 19/34 and only 168 with a TD and another INT they might have kept him out there to get in sync with the O and even have him start the 2nd half but since Manning looked like the Manning of old and was scary good I believe they saw enough and moved on to see if it was worth keeping Hanie around or if they should move Osweiler up to 2nd.

I think in the 2nd horse race I might keep Haine around just because he can call the plays and get the team to the LOS. I think Haine will be a career BU, maybe a little worse than Orton but at least Haine can pull it down and go Tebow Time when he gets happy feet in the pocket. His mobility will help him out a little. Haine is good for at least 1 bad INT per game but he has shown he is good for at least 1 (or more if lucky) good drive per game.

I do feel a lot better seeing Manning (in person on Week 1 here in Chitown) play and not have any setbacks throwing. It will be an on going issue to keep his arm strength where it needs to be until the Nerve has totally regenerated but he is committed to getting better so I do not see him taking a few days of PT off then ending up with major pain in the throwing arm and being set backed for a couple weeks.

He has seemed to recover to the point where he can do just about anything he wants to do on the field at his age and experience, it will just be up to the receivers to stay with him and catch the balls. Plus PM will have a good run game to help him offset the blitz and keep D's honest.

The last game will be fun only to watch the depth players play and see if some dark horse can make the team with great play. I wonder if Os puts it together and has a great game this week if he doesn't get the 2nd QB spot sending Weber to PS (which will likely happen anyway) or if they just cut Haine and still move Weber to PS.

I will be watching Os, the LOS on both sides for us and LB depth as we may need an LB to push some starters for their jobs this year.

So to answer your question the long way It has been a good PS for us and we learned a lot about our team

I think he will lead you all to the Super-Bowl. It's hard for me to hate him, he's intelligent, responsible and doesn't 'make it rain' 'up in da' club' - he interviews well, well spoken and a downright sweetheart. But I can no longer pull for his success. Bottom line is - week 1 we will see how ****ty KC's D is, also, we'll see how the D can absolutely NOT win a game for them, I'll be sad, we'll proceed to 8-8 if we're lucky.....

Look - I've got to go now!

http://i.imgur.com/3xtQS.jpg

Tombstone RJ
08-30-2012, 09:10 AM

go right ahead, make my day.

DENVERDUI55
11-28-2012, 05:30 PM
I haven't been watching queefs but was sure unimpressed by Poe last week. He was getting his poop pushed in on the nose.

Bacchus
11-28-2012, 06:54 PM
I haven't been watching queefs but was sure unimpressed by Poe last week. He was getting his poop pushed in on the nose.

http://img4.sankakustatic.com/wp-content/gallery/misc-ero-viii/vagina-mouse-1.jpg

broncosteven
11-28-2012, 06:56 PM
I think he will lead you all to the Super-Bowl. It's hard for me to hate him, he's intelligent, responsible and doesn't 'make it rain' 'up in da' club' - he interviews well, well spoken and a downright sweetheart. But I can no longer pull for his success. Bottom line is - week 1 we will see how ****ty KC's D is, also, we'll see how the D can absolutely NOT win a game for them, I'll be sad, we'll proceed to 8-8 if we're lucky.....

Look - I've got to go now!

http://i.imgur.com/3xtQS.jpg

Simply Red is the only kFc fan on the Mane who knew the kFc D was bad at the start of the season. Fear, Boob, and Stud all thought the D and the rest of the team was great and the problem was just QB. QB is a big problem for them but allowing 90+ yard drives at home and giving up 85 yards to a guy who was inactive for 8 games sure contributes to the suckage!

FearLanier
11-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Simply Red is the only kFc fan on the Mane who knew the kFc D was bad at the start of the season. Fear, Boob, and Stud all thought the D and the rest of the team was great and the problem was just QB. QB is a big problem for them but allowing 90+ yard drives at home and giving up 85 yards to a guy who was inactive for 8 games sure contributes to the suckage!

The Chiefs defense held Peyton's top 5 offense to their lowest scoring output of the season.
Jamaal Charles had 107 yards with 4.7 YPA and as a team the Chiefs had 148 rushing yards.
A patched up OL that had 2 rookie starters gave up only 1 sack to VonDoom.

The QB constantly made horrible throws downfield, didn't complete a pass in the 4th quarter because of horribly overthrown passes and the head coach wasted a timeout to decide if he was going to go for a FG or a TD in an obvious situation that coaches don't waste timeouts on.

I think that's pretty strong evidence that HC and QB have eviscerated this team.

Bronco Boy
11-28-2012, 08:17 PM
The Chiefs defense held Peyton's top 5 offense to their lowest scoring output of the season.
Jamaal Charles had 107 yards with 4.7 YPA and as a team the Chiefs had 148 rushing yards.

The QB constantly made horrible throws downfield, didn't complete a pass in the 4th quarter because of horribly overthrown passes and the head coach wasted a timeout to decide if he was going to go for a FG or a TD in an obvious situation that coaches don't waste timeouts on.

I think that's pretty strong evidence that HC and QB have eviscerated this team.

Scoreboard biitch.

dictionary
11-28-2012, 08:23 PM
After careful consideration and two bottles of wine, and the slow realization that this is my zombie thread that will not die. I have to agree that KC is terrible. I am thankful we beat them on Thanksgiving weekend in that devil's hole of arrowhead. Boob has at least stayed around the OM--more out of some kind of effed up stockholm syndrome than anything; yet, kcLIMP is nowhere to be found, as of late. C'est la vie.

dictionary
11-28-2012, 08:24 PM
Scoreboard biitch.

I think bitch was too nice.

Agamemnon
11-28-2012, 09:09 PM

Your GM has eviscerated your team.

maher_tyler
11-28-2012, 09:58 PM

1-10 :thumbsup:

FearLanier
11-29-2012, 06:24 PM
Speaking of Poe. Not too shabby considering he's playing in a 2 gap dinosaur defense.

Nominate | Report
Posted: Today 5:53 PM
Dontari Poe has 11th best Run Stop % in the NFL
Sig Stats Snapshot: Run Stop Percentage, DTs

Commentators like to throw around the word ‘run-stuffer’ a lot when talking about defensive tackles. Sometimes big-bodied linemen get that label based on size alone instead of actual production. That is why today I’ll be looking at which tackles are actually making plays in the run game, and which are just eating up space.

To evaluate this we will be looking at one of our Signature Stats for defensive players, Run Stop Percentage. The percentage is simply calculated by taking the total number of stops and dividing it by the number of run snaps played. We define stops as any play that constitutes a ‘failure’ for the offense. For example, a 2-yard run on first down would be considered an offensive failure because it doesn’t really improve their position. A 1-yard run on 4th-and-inches that results in a first down, on the other hand, wouldn’t be considered a failure because the offense greatly improved their position.
Run Stop Percentage is a unique Signature Stat because it has meaning for every single position on defense, and you can find them all listed in the PFF Premium section. Defensive tackle, though, is a position where run defense is at a premium. A team can still stop the run with below average corners and safeties, but a sub-par defensive tackle can ruin a run defense.
Now, on to the statistics.
3-4 vs. 4-3
In these statistics we are lumping nose tackles along with defensive tackles. They obviously are not the same position and each position will have different responsibilities depending on the team and the scheme. Of the qualifying tackles, 16 were from 3-4 teams and 61 from 4-3′s. Here is how they compared on average:
3-4 4-3
Run Stop Percentage 6.94 6.16
Run Snaps per Tackling Opportunity 9.04 9.73
Although the sample size is very limited it would appear as though nose tackles are in on more tackles and have higher Run Stop Percentages. The reason may be very similar to why middle linebackers have higher Run Stop Percentages and make more tackles. Since a nose tackle lines up in the middle, he’s able to make plays to both sides effectively. A defensive tackle can be taken out of a play if it is run away from him. So when looking at the stats, this is something to keep in mind.
Run Stop Percentage vs. PFF Run Grade
Even though Run Stop Percentage is probably the most indicative statistic of performance against the run, it doesn’t always equal the PFF run grade. There are a couple of reasons for this. The first reason is that a play can be impacted without making a tackle. Gerald McCoy is a player this can be said about. His run grade is sixth among defensive tackles yet he has only made 10 stops and is 80th in Run Stop Percentage. He routinely holds the point of attack, though, and rarely gives up running lanes.
The second reason is that good run defense isn’t always about making plays, sometimes it is about not giving up plays. The best example of this is probably Henry Melton. He has the second-highest Run Stop Percentage yet a negative PFF run grade. Melton loves to get upfield and is fantastic at it. This shows through in his pass rushing and run stop statistics. He loves to get upfield so much that he’ll sometimes get pushed easily out of a hole, which is a no-no.
The Top 20
Rank Name Team Run Snaps Stops Stop %
1 Aubrayo Franklin SD 114 14 12.3
2 Henry Melton CHI 149 18 12.1
3 Mike Martin TEN 126 15 11.9
4 Geno Atkins CIN 188 21 11.2
5 Fletcher Cox PHI 135 14 10.4
6 Terrence Cody BLT 137 14 10.2
7 Earl Mitchell HST 120 12 10.0
8 Brandon Mebane SEA 206 20 9.7
9 Jay Ratliff DAL 87 8 9.2
10 Dan Williams ARZ 168 15 8.9
11 Dontari Poe KC 205 18 8.8
12 Akiem Hicks NO 137 12 8.8
13 Paul Soliai MIA 202 17 8.4
14 Jermelle Cudjo SL 119 10 8.4
15 Kenrick Ellis NYJ 98 8 8.2
16 Jurrell Casey TEN 234 19 8.1
17 Richard Seymour OAK 128 10 7.8
18 Spencer Johnson BUF 78 6 7.7
19 Justin Bannan DEN 211 16 7.6
20 Ahtyba Rubin CLV 145 11 7.6

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/29/sig-stats-snapshot-run-stop-percentage-dts/

Bronco Boy
11-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Spin it any way you like. Your team is dog shiat. Enjoy your latest bust D lineman.

Oh, and scoreboard.

Biitch.

That One Guy
11-29-2012, 07:01 PM
I think I follow football fairly closely yet the names Earl Mitchell and Henry Melton could've been uttered and I wouldn't have had a clue who they were. If you're behind them on a list, it's probably not a great indicator of anything significant.

Bronco Boy
11-29-2012, 07:10 PM
I think I follow football fairly closely yet the names Earl Mitchell and Henry Melton could've been uttered and I wouldn't have had a clue who they were. If you're behind them on a list, it's probably not a great indicator of anything significant.

Henry Melton is leading the pro bowl voting for NFC DT's. Just saying, he's having a pretty good year.

broncosteven
11-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Henry Melton is leading the pro bowl voting for NFC DT's. Just saying, he's having a pretty good year.

Melton was good last year also, not quite Tommie Harris (pre payday) yet but he is very good.

broncosteven
11-29-2012, 08:09 PM

Don't kid yourself, Prater's misses kept the game closer than it should have been. Had he not missed those 2 kicks badly the game would have been much closer to our avg output of 26 points a game at 23.

Fox played it conservative on the road, they did enough to win including putting together a 90+ yard drive when they needed it to take the lead before the end of the half.

Denver traditionally struggles in Analhead. Sure the Bronco's started slow (nothing new there) but when kFc could only muster FG's I knew this game was in the bag.

Sure you need a new HC and QB but you also need a new GM, FO, Assistant's, Center, Guard, Tackle, TE, 3 WR's, a shortyardage RB, 2 DT's, MLB, WLB that can cover and run stop, 2 CB's, safety, and a returner among other things.

Good luck with that.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-29-2012, 08:37 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1ytCEuuW2_A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

that sums up kc and oakland this year and previous years and next year and the year after that

FearLanier
11-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Don't kid yourself, Prater's misses kept the game closer than it should have been. Had he not missed those 2 kicks badly the game would have been much closer to our avg output of 26 points a game at 23.

Fox played it conservative on the road, they did enough to win including putting together a 90+ yard drive when they needed it to take the lead before the end of the half.

Denver traditionally struggles in Analhead. Sure the Bronco's started slow (nothing new there) but when kFc could only muster FG's I knew this game was in the bag.

Sure you need a new HC and QB but you also need a new GM, FO, Assistant's, Center, Guard, Tackle, TE, 3 WR's, a shortyardage RB, 2 DT's, MLB, WLB that can cover and run stop, 2 CB's, safety, and a returner among other things.

Good luck with that.

KC's OL has been very good with poor QB's this year. Albert has given up only 1 sack all season to a QB that holds the ball forever.
Dwayne Bowe is still a good WR and he has less drops than both Decker and Thomas.
Flowers has been a good talent. If you're saying that DJ is the MLB problem idk what to tell you. He's about as good of a MLB as there is in the AFC with Ray Lewis hurt the last 2 years.

broncosteven
11-29-2012, 09:23 PM
KC's OL has been very good with poor QB's this year. Albert has given up only 1 sack all season to a QB that holds the ball forever.
Dwayne Bowe is still a good WR and he has less drops than both Decker and Thomas.
Flowers has been a good talent. If you're saying that DJ is the MLB problem idk what to tell you. He's about as good of a MLB as there is in the AFC with Ray Lewis hurt the last 2 years.

You are starting Russ Hockstein, you have no center, I don't care that you have 1 tackle that is above avg, the rest of the line sucks.

What makes you think Bowe will be around next year after being tagged this year and rumored in trade talks at the trade deadline? Plus the guy is not worth what he would command if they were to sign him. He has been targetted over 100 times and only has 50 catches for 600 yards and 3 TD's. The guy drops way too many balls and disappears in games. I understand the poor QB argument but he has been under achieving and dropping balls his whole career

I gave you Flowers and Berry, the other 2 CB's you need are a #2 and Nickle back. Then you need a Safety to play across from Berry

DJ has been terrible this year. Over runs plays, missing tackles, poor in coverage. He is no where near the elite at MLB in the AFC let alone the NFL.

Take your red colored glasses off and face reality. Teams aren't this bad because of lack of QB and HC. With the talent you have at RB you would be in more games with a real D. These are all team losses.

That One Guy
11-29-2012, 10:59 PM

Wow. Interesting. I've noticed a huge decrease in my player knowledge since I stopped playing fantasy football but I would've thought I'd be up there with the average person. Guess I'm overlooking him.

FearLanier
11-29-2012, 11:02 PM
You are starting Russ Hockstein, you have no center, I don't care that you have 1 tackle that is above avg, the rest of the line sucks.

Hockstein only started last week due to injury. Hudson was the most decorated OL at Florida State and he looked like he had potential. We'll have to see what he does next year (he broke his leg). There is definitely something there.

What makes you think Bowe will be around next year after being tagged this year and rumored in trade talks at the trade deadline? Plus the guy is not worth what he would command if they were to sign him. He has been targetted over 100 times and only has 50 catches for 600 yards and 3 TD's. The guy drops way too many balls and disappears in games. I understand the poor QB argument but he has been under achieving and dropping balls his whole career

The fact that he puts up 1,000 yards a year and is top 5 in TD's the last 5 years with about 10 QB's that are horrible says a lot.

I gave you Flowers and Berry, the other 2 CB's you need are a #2 and Nickle back. Then you need a Safety to play across from Berry

DJ has been terrible this year. Over runs plays, missing tackles, poor in coverage. He is no where near the elite at MLB in the AFC let alone the NFL.

Take your red colored glasses off and face reality. Teams aren't this bad because of lack of QB and HC. With the talent you have at RB you would be in more games with a real D. These are all team losses.

My mistake Mr. Broncosteven. And I agree about the secondary concerns. DJ has been good this year. He's been "okay" in coverage but not great, but everywhere else, especially against the run, he's been great (though it didn't show much against you guys).

The Chiefs have played 3 AFC playoff teams (Ravens, Steelers and Broncos) and they played them great. QB and coaching aren't the only problems, but I'd say they are two of the huge boulders holding the team at the bottom of the ocean.

A good QB and HC could put this team in the wildcard conversation next year IMO (the conference is weak after the top 5). Somewhere between 6-10 and 7-9 IMO. Just look at the Dolphins for proof of that.

Btw-I was not a fan of the Dontari Poe pick. I wanted us to draft David DeCastro.

Bronco Boy
11-30-2012, 07:11 AM
The Chiefs have played 3 AFC playoff teams (Ravens, Steelers and Broncos) and they lost all 3 games.

FYP

DENVERDUI55
11-30-2012, 09:08 AM
The Chiefs have played 3 AFC playoff teams (Ravens, Steelers and Broncos) and they played them great. QB and coaching aren't the only problems, but I'd say they are two of the huge boulders holding the team at the bottom of the ocean.

Btw-I was not a fan of the Dontari Poe pick. I wanted us to draft David DeCastro.

I think most teams even if they are bad or not have played great games against playoff teams.

2KBack
11-30-2012, 09:31 AM

Can't just count drops my friend. Bowe's catch percentage is well below both DT and Decker.

Bowe: 50% complete passes when targeted

Decker: 62%

DT: 66%

FearLanier
11-30-2012, 09:52 AM

You should take a look at this Mr. Broncosteven. Baldwin was open multiple times against you fellas. QB has no vision. A quality QB makes these plays.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1324543/jonb.gif

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1324555/jonb2.gif

bronco militia
11-30-2012, 10:08 AM
lmao at Quimm...what a pussy

Kaylore
11-30-2012, 10:28 AM
I'll throw Fear Lanier a bone. Parity is so close in the NFL that it's not totally unreasonable to suggest the Chiefs are a good QB and coach away from being a good team.

That said, those are the two hardest things to find in that order. Do you know how many teams without a good QB are a good QB away from being good? Answer: about 25.

Also I think you're discounting the fact that Denver didn't play their best game in a place we never play well, and the Chiefs absolutely did and they still lost by more than a touchdown. You're two missed field goals from us totally boning you guys.

So please do draft a gimicky coach, let Crennel go, which will set your defense back, and draft Geno "I can only make one read" Smith. Let me know how that works out.

Hulamau
11-30-2012, 11:15 AM
Speaking of Poe. Not too shabby considering he's playing in a 2 gap dinosaur defense.

FearLanier,

Your Herculian efforts at extreme rationalized projection in the service of trying to paint a rosy silver-lining out of a hopeless situation and season is somewhat admirable to be sure. You are obviously a good and loyal fan, so no knocks there.

But what you apparently overlook in all the 'shoulda's, coulda's, what if's' focus on the minutia of this play gone bad or that one ... is the overriding and fundamental fact that KC is a cursed city and cursed franchise. Period!

KC is where good players go to have the last bit of life blood and enthusiasm for football drained out of them ... it must be something in the atmosphere or perhaps an as yet unidentified strain of a locally limited viral contagion .. maybe its the 'Barbeque/Camaro' strain of Lime Disease ... that centers around Arrowhead?

Not sure which it is, but for year after year after decade upon decade, and regardless of how many top 5 draft picks you guys get in a row .. alas, there is this obvious character, energy, moxie deficit .. even the dearth of just a little good luck that every successful franchise needs from time to time ... ranging from the ownership all the way down to the water boys that seems to infect this team year after year.

Even those years when you have been very competitive and with a decent team and coach, you haven't been able to make it past one playoff game in .. how long has it been?!?

I can only imagine how frustrating that is, particularly for a city where the sole and only redeeming quality would have been a decent football team! And its certainly not for lack of loyal determined fans.

Perhaps the real cure is to start by blowing up Arrowhead and your current team facility, get some Indian shamans out there to spread salt over the grounds where each now lay and do their little exorcism dance and start over from totally new Ownership on down...

Definitely, there are some good players on the Chiefs left to build around, but only if it can be proven they have not been irreparably infected with terminal KC-itis!

This is the big picture that will continue to undermine and frustrate your more myopic focus on such minutia as in: "if only Brady Quinn had seen a wide open Jon Baldwin " .. etc etc etc.

Best of luck to you guys going forward. Hopefully some real excitement will some day descend on KC too. All those prospects seemed to leave with Hank Stram .. aside from a shining glimpse, once again, long ago when Derek Thomas' presence blessed your town all too briefly.

FearLanier
11-30-2012, 01:18 PM
I'll throw Fear Lanier a bone. Parity is so close in the NFL that it's not totally unreasonable to suggest the Chiefs are a good QB and coach away from being a good team.

That said, those are the two hardest things to find in that order. Do you know how many teams without a good QB are a good QB away from being good? Answer: about 25.

Also I think you're discounting the fact that Denver didn't play their best game in a place we never play well, and the Chiefs absolutely did and they still lost by more than a touchdown. You're two missed field goals from us totally boning you guys.

So please do draft a gimicky coach, let Crennel go, which will set your defense back, and draft Geno "I can only make one read" Smith. Let me know how that works out.

QB's are a tricky thing. Nobody thought Andy Dalton, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton or Drew Brees would be as good as they are now. They've all surprised.

My preference is Tyler Wilson, though I do like Geno quite a bit. Taking a chance is all I ask.

lonestar
11-30-2012, 01:27 PM
QB's are a tricky thing. Nobody thought Andy Dalton, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton or Drew Brees would be as good as they are now. They've all surprised.

My preference is Tyler Wilson, though I do like Geno quite a bit. Taking a chance is all I ask.

Of your list only russel Wilson makes the list of not going to be good and that is mostly because he short.

All the rest were expected to be good to great.

Kaylore
11-30-2012, 01:41 PM

I'll say this for you. The fact that your franchise hasn't even attempted to draft a high round QB is inexcusable.

Smiling Assassin27
11-30-2012, 01:54 PM
I'll say this for you. The fact that your franchise hasn't even attempted to draft a high round QB is inexcusable.

What the hell am I, chopped liver?? 3rd round, biatch!!

http://www.kcchiefs.org/media/players/brodie_croyle.jpg

FearLanier
11-30-2012, 02:12 PM

I agree. The most important piece a team needs is a coach.

Look at the successful QB's of the last few years and who's coaching/coached them.

I think that makes the biggest difference. A good but not great QB like Andy Dalton has Jay Gruden helping him out. Drew Brees was nowhere near as good before he met Sean Payton, Aaron Rodgers had Joe Philbin (who's doing a nice job in Miami with Tannehill), Mike Clements and Mike McCarthy to coach him up and bring out his talent.

Talent is a huge factor, but I believe coaching is the key to success for a QB.

We'll see who the coach is. If it's someone like Andy Reid, I'll be very pleased.

fontaine
11-30-2012, 02:44 PM
You should take a look at this Mr. Broncosteven. Baldwin was open multiple times against you fellas. QB has no vision. A quality QB makes these plays.

Well, I think this was the way Quinn was drilled to play in that game.

One/twoquick reads, quick pass from jumbo/max protect fronts or throw it away. KC's offense went all out to put in extra blockers and flare out just two real reads for Quinn so you can't criticize a QB for not having vision when it's been specifically limited by the gameplan.

That's what I don't get about Dabol/Crennel. They've got nothing to lose and everything to gain by giving Quinn and open offense and letting him make strong arm plays instead of dink and dunk.

There's no QB in the next rookie class that come run that kind of offense. You'll be stuck with the same dink and dunk, run first offense that's going nowhere.

KC's best and most realistic chance is to drop back from 1st/2nd overall, getting an extra first day pick to send over to Seattle for Flynn, and using their later first on a rookie QB to develop long term.

Luckily for us Pioli is too stubborn to give up on Cassel in the offseason even though Crennel already has.

Br0nc0Buster
11-30-2012, 03:40 PM
I hope if Pioli is retained Clark tells the media, "Pioli was extendable, so I extended him"

Chiefs fans are getting awfully confident that they are drafting Geno
If Pioli sticks I dont see that happening

SeedReaver
11-30-2012, 04:03 PM
I hope if Pioli is retained Clark tells the media, "Pioli was extendable, so I extended him"

Chiefs fans are getting awfully confident that they are drafting Geno
If Pioli sticks I dont see that happening
I highly, highly doubt Pioli sticks. I would say Romeo has a better chance of survival than the ex-Patriot scum.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-30-2012, 04:17 PM
I highly, highly doubt Pioli sticks. I would say Romeo has a better chance of survival than the ex-Patriot scum.

They are both EX-pats. <facepalm>

Bronco Boy
11-30-2012, 06:37 PM
We'll see who the coach is. If it's someone like Andy Reid, I'll be very pleased.

Bronco fans will also be very pleased.