PDA

View Full Version : Air Orton vs the Raiders

UberBroncoMan
08-13-2012, 11:41 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap2000000049875/Kyle-Orton-interception

Do NOT miss this.

houghtam
08-13-2012, 11:45 PM
Nope, the receiver must have run the wrong route.

broncocalijohn
08-13-2012, 11:47 PM
wait! Ball was tipped, ball was tipped

Mogulseeker
08-13-2012, 11:54 PM
Nope, the receiver must have run the wrong route.

Yup.

doonwise
08-14-2012, 12:10 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap2000000049875/Kyle-Orton-interception

Do NOT miss this.

Aw, Man. Haven't we all been through enough trauma already? It's time we let him go...

Anyone heard anything recent about Tebow? ;)

Taco John
08-14-2012, 12:15 AM
I'm pretty well ambivalent about Orton. I don't care to see him do bad. He was a good guy when he was here, just unlucky to have a guy considered to be one of the greatest college quarterbacks of all time behind him.

Frankly, he's a solid journeyman I wish we had on the team still. He's much better than Caleb Hanie, and could prove to be a steady hand for a team that needs a Jeff Hostetler to pull the ship into port.

canadianbroncosfan
08-14-2012, 12:27 AM
Orton is just used to passing it to the Raiders secondary, force of habit.

ol#7
08-14-2012, 02:49 AM
I'm pretty well ambivalent about Orton. I don't care to see him do bad. He was a good guy when he was here, just unlucky to have a guy considered to be one of the greatest college quarterbacks of all time behind him.

Frankly, he's a solid journeyman I wish we had on the team still. He's much better than Caleb Hanie, and could prove to be a steady hand for a team that needs a Jeff Hostetler to pull the ship into port.

Whaaaaat?

He was a stop gap after joshie traded away a young franchise QB. He was doomed here from the time he landed.

The fact that he folded like a house of cards was because he was awful, not that he was feeling the pressure from Tebow.

To think he is capable of pulling a Hostetler and winning a franchise a SB...

Plus he was a malcontent on the bench.

Garcia Bronco
08-14-2012, 02:49 AM
Orton is terrible. He throws a pretty ball though.

Bacchus
08-14-2012, 03:24 AM
Orton is terrible. He throws a pretty ball though.

He throws a better spiral than Manning. Manning does throw some wobbly passes, but I guess he studied the rotation of the ball and he concluded that if the ball wobbles at a certain angle at a certain speed the receive cannot drop it.

Some people say his arm is not strong Peyton says that he has it all figured out. The right wobble at the right speed is the perfect pass.:flower:

2KBack
08-14-2012, 06:08 AM
Orton is going to have a solid career as a back up for a long time likely....good work if you can get it.

nyuk nyuk
08-14-2012, 06:17 AM
He was undermined by Tebow fanatics.

ClamChowdah
08-14-2012, 06:22 AM
Whaaaaat?

He was a stop gap after joshie traded away a young franchise QB. He was doomed here from the time he landed.

The fact that he folded like a house of cards was because he was awful, not that he was feeling the pressure from Tebow.

To think he is capable of pulling a Hostetler and winning a franchise a SB...

Plus he was a malcontent on the bench.

I must of missed Cutler winning all those playoff games, hes done nothing to prove hes a "franchise QB".

2KBack
08-14-2012, 06:23 AM
Maybe we should just have one thread dedicated to bashing our former QB's. I'd hate to crowd the forum.

Actually....nevermind. They are both back-ups, there should be little to no news on them when the season actually starts.

Right?

Please?

lolcopter
08-14-2012, 06:28 AM
He was undermined by everyone because he sucks worse than a guy who can't even throw the ball

FYP

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-14-2012, 06:38 AM
Maybe we should just have one thread dedicated to bashing our former QB's. I'd hate to crowd the forum.

Actually....nevermind. They are both back-ups, there should be little to no news on them when the season actually starts.

Right?

Please?

Hope you're right.

razorwire77
08-14-2012, 06:48 AM

Right?

Please?

**** Brian Griese.

bronco militia
08-14-2012, 06:53 AM

lmao...he was undermined by his ****tyness

broncocalijohn
08-14-2012, 08:51 AM

Plus he was sucking eggs for us in 2011.

Ambiguous
08-14-2012, 08:53 AM
Oh god, here we go. Can we just end these stupid threads? Orton and Tebow both sucked.

Kaylore
08-14-2012, 09:02 AM
I don't hate Orton. He was traded here, not of his own doing and tried to make a go of it. He was mercilessly attacked while in public. I feel bad for the guy. It's not like he didn't try. He was terrible, and I was 100% on board with them putting Tebow in, but I don't hate Orton because of it.

Tombstone RJ
08-14-2012, 09:02 AM
this board still re-hashes Brian Griese and Jake Plummer. Until the Broncos win another SB it's gonna be like this. Hopefully this new HoF guy can get the Broncos another championship.

DBroncos4life
08-14-2012, 09:06 AM
Plus he was sucking eggs for us in 2011.

He never should have been here in 2011 no one could have survived the Tebow fan/ media blitz.

BroncoBeavis
08-14-2012, 09:29 AM
He never should have been here in 2011 no one could have survived the Tebow fan/ media blitz.

Plummer barely made it 10 games right after the best year of his career and an AFC Championship game. Orton with that 12-22 streak lasted pretty long in a city that's a known QB meat-grinder. Jake was barely in town much longer than Kyle... even though he took us to the playoffs every single year.

If it's anything, it's not a Tebow thing, it's a Denver thing. But in Orton's case it was mostly just deserved.

houghtam
08-14-2012, 09:32 AM
Plummer barely made it 10 games right after the best year of his career and an AFC Championship game. Orton with that 12-22 streak lasted pretty long in a city that's a known QB meat-grinder. Jake was barely in town much longer than Kyle... even though he took us to the playoffs every single year.

If it's anything, it's not a Tebow thing, it's a Denver thing. But in Orton's case it was mostly just deserved.

Thank you. And how long did Griese get before getting shown the door?

oubronco
08-14-2012, 11:51 AM
Oh god, here we go. Can we just end these stupid threads? Orton and Tebow both sucked.

Totally agree

errand
08-14-2012, 01:40 PM

This....Orton played himself out of the starter's gig by turning the ball over in '11 after being a lot better protecting it in '09-'10. Cowboys are allegedly happy they have him vs. McGee and he was considered an upgrade over Kitna.

I don't think Hanie makes the team this year

Jay3
08-14-2012, 01:47 PM
Not a bad throwing QB, but not enough to get the job done. I've let go of resentment of Orton (it's moot now), but I think the reason I resented him was it was so freaking annoying watching some Denver fans (mostly vocal internet ones) cling to him like a security blanket, when the Broncos had a first rounder that needed developing. The Broncos should have dumped him at any price after Tebow's rookie season.

Coaching staff, too, hung on a little too much. When you've got a running quarterback, put him out there in a style that makes him comfortable, and develop the pure passing drops one at time. Don't just go "here, you'll play when you can run the whole conventional offense better than this 6 year journeyman."

Orton was a dumpster fire here -- not enough weapons, protection, support around him to make it worth playing him. But he was just enough to be tempting gasoline on the Tebow fire.

El Guapo
08-14-2012, 02:05 PM
I saw this live and was laughing my ass off. In the end I only wish the guy the best though.

broncosteven
08-14-2012, 02:18 PM
I don't hate Orton. He was traded here, not of his own doing and tried to make a go of it. He was mercilessly attacked while in public. I feel bad for the guy. It's not like he didn't try. He was terrible, and I was 100% on board with them putting Tebow in, but I don't hate Orton because of it.

I think a lot of his sucking in 2011 was due to the fact that we tried to trade him to the Fins then when that fell through he was told he was still the starter but he knew at some point the punt protector dude was going to take his job. I think Orton quit on the team much like Plummer did but for a better reason.

Orton's down fall is his mobility. If he had a quicker release he would be a much better QB and actually be a Brady clone. As it is he isn't and he will have a nice career and make lots of money as a career BU.

Jay3
08-14-2012, 02:57 PM
Orton's down fall is his mobility. If he had a quicker release he would be a much better QB and actually be a Brady clone. As it is he isn't and he will have a nice career and make lots of money as a career BU.

He's actually demonstrated a proclivity for bone-headed, back-breaking turnovers. Like the meaningless Dallas preseason one, he's done that in key situations too many times.

He's developed great throwing technique, but he just doesn't have enough residual athletic prowess to pull off the job. In key moments, when the defense is doing everything to stop him it can, reaching for that extra effort, he just doesn't have the athleticism to "find the zone." He makes bad throws when it counts most.

Rock Chalk
08-14-2012, 02:57 PM
King Neckbeard still my favorite twitter follow.

Rock Chalk
08-14-2012, 02:58 PM
He's actually demonstrated a proclivity for bone-headed, back-breaking turnovers. Like the meaningless Dallas preseason one, he's done that in key situations too many times.

He's developed great throwing technique, but he just doesn't have enough residual athletic prowess to pull off the job. In key moments, when the defense is doing everything to stop him it can, reaching for that extra effort, he just doesn't have the athleticism to "find the zone." He makes bad throws when it counts most.

Hmm, reminds me of Jay Cutler, who had a tremendously bad habit of back breaking turnovers. I dont know how the douche is doign in Chicago except that he strains his vagina frequently, but seems to me, Orton is among numerous QBs that frankly, suck.

So there.

Gort
08-14-2012, 03:17 PM
what's with the Broncos and Indiana QBs lately anyway? Orton (Purdue), Cutler (Santa Claus, IN), and Manning (Indiacrapolis Irsays)?

who are.. these people??

http://www.posteverything.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Jerry-Seinfeld.jpg

rugbythug
08-14-2012, 05:59 PM

I don't cry for a guy who made like 20 million for being terrible.

Punisher
08-14-2012, 06:18 PM
I miss Orton and the Drunk Jokes

Punisher
08-14-2012, 06:20 PM
http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv274/nflperdiem/ortonjack.gif

KipCorrington25
08-14-2012, 07:12 PM
McCheat's hand picked guy for you there ladies and gentlemen. Hilarious!

broncosteven
08-14-2012, 07:14 PM
I wonder if they ever sold an Orton jersey from any of his teams.

I am sure his parents bought a few, I would guess it would have to be around 500 total. I have seen the odd bear jersey hanging in a clearance rack after he got traded so someone must have paid $15. I saw someone at a check out counter in Dicks Sports with a clearance Curtis Enis so they had to have sold a couple clearance Ortons.

broncosteven
08-14-2012, 07:15 PM
McCheat's hand picked guy for you there ladies and gentlemen. Hilarious!

Only after he couldn't get Cassel...wow mCd sure has an eye for talent!

DBroncos4life
08-14-2012, 07:16 PM
How many people think Orton will be a top 5 back up now?

broncosteven
08-14-2012, 07:22 PM
How many people think Orton will be a top 5 back up now?

He is fine as a backup, if he didn't throw INT's he wouldn't be a BU.

maven
08-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Orton ****ing sucks! Who the **** would want him? Thas right, the cowboys who are ****ing losers these days.

Powderaddict
08-15-2012, 11:33 AM
Orton is perfectly fine at sucking all his own with or without Tebow behind him.

Tebow's two best contributions to the Broncos are that OT pass, and getting Orton run out of town.

pricejj
08-15-2012, 11:41 AM
I see a high-draft pick QB in the Cowboys future...

How Orton swindled a $5M signing bonus out of them, I will never know.

Beantown Bronco
08-15-2012, 11:51 AM

Who do you think taught Jerry Jones what "glory hole" meant?

DBroncos4life
08-15-2012, 12:02 PM
I see a high-draft pick QB in the Cowboys future...

Is Tony Romo leaving?

maven
08-15-2012, 08:35 PM
Can't believe people supported this **** when he was a Bronco. He ****ing sucks!

maven
08-15-2012, 08:36 PM
--- spam links deleted by moderator ---

that is one ugly and slow lappy.

Punisher
08-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Air Orton all day dawg <----- That's me acting like a wigger

snowspot66
08-19-2012, 02:18 PM
I must of missed Cutler winning all those playoff games, hes done nothing to prove hes a "franchise QB".

****. I'm actually agreeing with this guy.

Dogsweat
08-19-2012, 04:10 PM
Denver will never win a Super Bowl without Johnny boy at the helm. Peyton is a complete Turtle.

Another waste.

broncocalijohn
08-20-2012, 10:02 AM
Denver will never win a Super Bowl without Johnny boy at the helm. Peyton is a complete Turtle.

Another waste.

And the last time the Raiders have won the Superbowl? One of the worst teams in the last 10 years besides the Lions is......?

I think you need to worry about your own ****ty franchise.