PDA

View Full Version : New Depth Chart released today - no real changes

Kaylore
08-13-2012, 05:00 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/depth-chart.html

So far as I can tell, Dreessen is in front of Tamme. Is that new? I thought those were flipped.

Also Irving listed as a second team Sam. I believe Vickerson and Methwolfe have flipped 2a and 2b positions. Reportedly Wolfe worked with the first team a lot today.

TheReverend
08-13-2012, 05:03 PM
I think Dreessen's always been in front of Tamme and Irving always listed as 2nd team Sam.

Kaylore
08-13-2012, 05:10 PM
So yeah, no change. They announced a new depth chart at practice today, and were discussing it on the radio. Apparently it's not new - or they never really released it?

gunns
08-13-2012, 05:17 PM
I really doubt there will be many changes till cuts or if there's a major injury. Oh damn, bite my tongue!!!!!!!!!

Jay3
08-13-2012, 05:18 PM
My boy Caleb still hanging in there?

theAPAOps5
08-13-2012, 05:22 PM
My boy Caleb still hanging in there?

As he will continue to do..... Until cuts come, still weeks away.

barryr
08-13-2012, 05:47 PM
The Broncos will find ways to get Wolfe on the field this season.

Dreessen is the better blocker, so he will likely start at TE.

The Broncos do have more depth right now than they have had in several seasons.

broncosteven
08-13-2012, 06:09 PM
Anyone else think Jason Hill will take Willis's spot? I thought he did a lot of good things in the Chicago game.

broncosteven
08-13-2012, 06:10 PM

Our depth was amazing, It is nice to see even depth players executing, that is also something we have not seen in a long time.

oubronco
08-13-2012, 06:12 PM
How long till Wolfe takes over for Hunter at LDE

broncosteven
08-13-2012, 06:15 PM
How long till Wolfe takes over for Hunter at LDE

After 2 mobile homes blow up.

lonestar
08-13-2012, 06:16 PM

MAke that a decade..

lonestar
08-13-2012, 06:17 PM
Our depth was amazing, It is nice to see even depth players executing, that is also something we have not seen in a long time.

Please it was the first game in the preseason..

while it looks better on paper and they played well in that game, they were after all playing the bears..

DENVERDUI55
08-13-2012, 06:20 PM

I wouldn't call it amazing but it is better than years pass. The bears weren't very good either.

lonestar
08-13-2012, 06:21 PM
I wouldn't call it amazing but it is better than years pass. The bears weren't very good either.

:thumbs:

Vegas_Bronco
08-13-2012, 06:32 PM
Who would win in a fight between manning and a hurricane...if the hurricane was named manning?

Houshyamama
08-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Our OL depth looks like ass.

Kaylore
08-13-2012, 07:28 PM
After 2 mobile homes blow up.

:spit: Oh man that is hilarious.

KevinJames
08-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Yeah this is the same as last week they must not have updated yet.

I think Robert Ayers will start at LDE when its all said and done though.

Baba Booey
08-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Can't wait to see Hillman on Saturday

broncosteven
08-13-2012, 08:59 PM
Can't wait to see Hillman on Saturday

Me too, when I saw a smaller back running patiently with the ball and waiting for his hole to open up I thought it was him and KM's days were numbered. Sadly it was only JJ who also did a very good job.

Hoping KM has mCd swing by and pick him up in his Range Rover when he gets cut.

ozomulsion
08-14-2012, 12:13 AM
Me too, when I saw a smaller back running patiently with the ball and waiting for his hole to open up I thought it was him and KM's days were numbered. Sadly it was only JJ who also did a very good job.

Hoping KM has mCd swing by and pick him up in his Range Rover when he gets cut.

I'm hoping he has a nice year for the Broncos. It's not out of the realm of possibility. You're talking about the guy who's going to be our 2nd string RB this year. Put a cap on the hate.

Mediator12
08-14-2012, 07:30 AM
I always find it hilarious the value we place on our own expectations of players. Knowshon is a player that has NOT hit his stride in the NFL and may never. However, the offense he is playing in NOW is the same he ran at Georgia for the most part. He also has a QB that will keep NFL defenses from playing 8 or 9 in the box. He can pass Pro, catch out of the backfield, and hopefully can find the seams in this run scheme.

If ANYONE has benefitted greatly from all the change this year, its Moreno. He is now going to be in familiar territory schematically and should be a major contributor in the passing game. I see him being able to have an Edgerrin James type year with Manning at the Helm. However, he will split numbers with Mcgahee like Stewart and Williams did in CAR.

Basically, I see him getting a great shot to produce this year with more limited carries and more passing opportunities. May never happen, but he will get a chance to be the player he was drafted to be.

Tombstone RJ
08-14-2012, 07:38 AM
I always find it hilarious the value we place on our own expectations of players. Knowshon is a player that has NOT hit his stride in the NFL and may never. However, the offense he is playing in NOW is the same he ran at Georgia for the most part. He also has a QB that will keep NFL defenses from playing 8 or 9 in the box. He can pass Pro, catch out of the backfield, and hopefully can find the seams in this run scheme.

If ANYONE has benefitted greatly from all the change this year, its Moreno. He is now going to be in familiar territory schematically and should be a major contributor in the passing game. I see him being able to have an Edgerrin James type year with Manning at the Helm. However, he will split numbers with Mcgahee like Stewart and Williams did in CAR.

Basically, I see him getting a great shot to produce this year with more limited carries and more passing opportunities. May never happen, but he will get a chance to be the player he was drafted to be.

yah, I agree. I think the coaching staff wants to see how Moreno does with a Manning lead offense. He's never going to be Marshall Faulk, but in this new system he can be effective.

Rascal
08-14-2012, 08:04 AM

He isn't going to start ahead of McGahee and Hillman, so good luck with that fantasy draft pick. ;)

Mediator12
08-14-2012, 08:29 AM
He isn't going to start ahead of McGahee and Hillman, so good luck with that fantasy draft pick. ;)

Fantasy, no. But role player in this offense, I can see it happening. James caught a lot of passes in that offense, and its not Mcgahee's strongsuit.

So, maybe a late PPR pick ;D

broncosteven
08-14-2012, 09:37 AM

I can dig it Med, at least from the passing game side.

The reason for the venom from last week is as follows:

We took the kids to the game, I got back to my seat after taking the 4 year old to the bathroom and the 1st play I see (from ground level, our seats were row 3) was a RB dancing in the back field and trying to run around guys rather than having good vision, being patient and making a cut. I told my 9 year old that is not what you want to see a RB doing in the back field, then the announcer called KM's name.

So my point is that I was not hating on him for his name or past but I was hating on him for dancing and trying to run around tacklers rather than being patient, seeing the hole and running through it with authority like all the others backs Denver used Thursday night did.

I do hope we get some production out of him finally, we get him cheap this year, time for him to produce and help the team rather than making sure all the Exercycles are working on the sidelines.

Lestat
08-14-2012, 10:00 AM
I am not all that excited to see Blake as the 3rd string C, was really hoping he'd be able to push JD for the starting C job or make an impact at one of OG positions.
granted it's a lot to expect from a draft pick as low as he was, but our OL depth is shallower than a dried up creek in the south during a drought.

Ayers being Doom's backup at RDE seems kinda redundant, he really needs to step it up and reclaim his starting job opposite of Doom and find a way to rush the damn passer.

Mike Mohamed being 2nd string MLB scares the crap out of me.

Nasty Nate! finally stepping it up and showing some life. Love it, need him to be a big factor at LB, was hoping he'd be a MLB for us but oh well, SAM will work.

the DB depth chart looks as good as it has been in a long, long time.
Moore being the starter is a huge thing and hopefully he turns it on this year.

v2micca
08-14-2012, 12:08 PM
So, any guesses on how Kuper's injury will affect the depth chart? I heard rumors that the Broncos were thinking of moving Orlando Franklin to a guard spot once upon a time. That has to be on hold now I would think.

Natedogg
08-14-2012, 01:59 PM
Is Marcus Thomas playing/trying out for another team?

pricejj
08-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Is Marcus Thomas playing/trying out for another team?

I am pretty sure he's still an FA. Guess he should have signed the contract the Broncos offered him eh?

FireFly
08-14-2012, 04:12 PM
Well I suppose I should give up the hope that Irving is going to be an All-Pro MLB.

I suppose it was a long shot anyway

Kaylore
08-14-2012, 04:43 PM
So, any guesses on how Kuper's injury will affect the depth chart? I heard rumors that the Broncos were thinking of moving Orlando Franklin to a guard spot once upon a time. That has to be on hold now I would think.

Unless they feel Ramirez is serviceable at guard and someone can step up at tackle. Probably not, though.