PDA

View Full Version : Omon ? Where did he come from.

Quoydogs
08-10-2012, 09:45 AM
I have to say this dude is a baller. I have never even heard of him. He looked way better then Knowshow and Slowball. Where did he come from ?

Smiling Assassin27
08-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Krypton.

Signed,

Adrian Madise

BroncoBeavis
08-10-2012, 09:49 AM
I have to say this dude is a baller. I have never even heard of him. He looked way better then Knowshow and Slowball. Where did he come from ?

I had to look him up last night. Everyone was calling him a kid, but he's not really. He's bounced around a bit.

Which made me more skeptical that we were just seeing some really ****ty run d. But the next couple weeks should help flesh that out.

barryr
08-10-2012, 09:49 AM
He's bounced around and granted showed a little, but I have doubts he is someone you ever want to play much. But I like him more than Ball though, but not over Moreno.

Quoydogs
08-10-2012, 09:53 AM
He's bounced around and granted showed a little, but I have doubts he is someone you ever want to play much. But I like him more than Ball though, but not over Moreno.

Moreno couldn't get it done last night against the #2's. I have been pretty easy on him but come on, he was a high first round pick. I say he doesn't make the 53. I would rather have J.J. or "The Kid " .

He kinda reminded me of the MJD style runner. I liked it.

footstepsfrom#27
08-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Isn't SWMS where Rod Smith went?

Knowbody would be an improvement over Knowshow so even if this guy turns out to suck it would be a cheaper suck, no?

Marshall Dumervil
08-10-2012, 09:58 AM
He looks like he has a knack for breaking tackles, I always love to see that.

barryr
08-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Moreno couldn't get it done last night against the #2's. I have been pretty easy on him but come on, he was a high first round pick. I say he doesn't make the 53. I would rather have J.J. or "The Kid " .

He kinda reminded me of the MJD style runner. I liked it.

Well, with Hillman, they may look for a bigger back to be behind him, so Moreno could very well be on his way to the Pats.

Irish Stout
08-10-2012, 09:59 AM

Moreno is not looking good. Ball is going to make the team.

barryr
08-10-2012, 10:01 AM

The drafting of Hillman probably meant the end for Moreno in Denver.

Requiem
08-10-2012, 10:04 AM
Wasn't he, along with Ball, with Buffalo when Studsville was there or something?

Kaylore
08-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Wasn't he, along with Ball, with Buffalo when Studsville was there or something?

I think so. He's bounced around the league quite a bit. He looked good in the one padded practice I was able to attend.

s0phr0syne
08-10-2012, 10:18 AM
I remember seeing the draftguys (Cecil Lammey & other dude) profile when he came out. They had marked him with someone with a lot of potential per their assessment. However, he hasn't really earned opportunities to show anything since then.

LetsGoBroncos
08-10-2012, 10:22 AM
I thought Knowshon looked pretty good for his first game back. Wouldn't mind seeing McGahee, Hilman, Moreno and Omon be our RB's.

Conklin
08-10-2012, 10:24 AM
Isn't SWMS where Rod Smith went?

Knowbody would be an improvement over Knowshow so even if this guy turns out to suck it would be a cheaper suck, no?

Rod went to Missouri Southern in Joplin, MO(SW Corner), Xavier went to Northwest in Maryvile, MO (about an hour north of KCMO), both play in the same conference. Omon was a baller in college (yes I know, its Div II) but I was kinda hoping he'd end up in Denver back in 08 even though he played for a rival school.

Quoydogs
08-10-2012, 10:24 AM
I thought Knowshon looked pretty good for his first game back. Wouldn't mind seeing McGahee, Hilman, Moreno and Omon be our RB's.

Can you pass me a link to the game you watched cause I hate to miss any broncos football and last night against the Bears 2nd team D Moreno couldn't get it done.

BowlenBall
08-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Xavier Omon, RB, Northwest Missouri State

2004: 1642 yards, 19 touchdowns
2005: 1704 yards, 14 touchdowns
2006: 1624 yards, 22 touchdowns
2007: 2337 yards, 37 touchdowns

College career: 7073 yards rushing, 92 touchdowns zowie!

enjolras
08-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Omon appears to be a slightly better Lance Ball. He ran with good vision, but he didn't seem particularly explosive. He's a last back on the roster type at best.

LetsGoBroncos
08-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Can you pass me a link to the game you watched cause I hate to miss any broncos football and last night against the Bears 2nd team D Moreno couldn't get it done.

Article on the Denver Post said the same thing as did Evans and Klatt this morning. Nothing crazy, just looked pretty good as far as getting 4-5 yards a carry

2KBack
08-10-2012, 11:14 AM

Huh? Moreno averaged 5ypc against the 2's and Omon averaged 5.1 against the 3's and insurance salesmen. I mean Omon looked just fine, but he wasn't any more effective overall than Moreno last night.

Is this another one of those....I just think he LOOKS better to me deals?

also:
Moreno in his first 2 seasons:
219 carries 958 yards 4.4ypc
48 catches 473yds 9.9ypc

Oman:
11 carries 27yds 2.5ypc
0 catches

Of course Oman did play for the offensive powerhouse of Buffalo, probably was hard to get on the field.

Moreno may not be a superstar, but I find it hilarious that people think he is just a scrub

Quoydogs
08-10-2012, 11:25 AM
Article on the Denver Post said the same thing as did Evans and Klatt this morning. Nothing crazy, just looked pretty good as far as getting 4-5 yards a carry

See that's the problem I have with it. Slowshown should just tear it up against the 2 nd team D. Not worth the money and also he can only make it 2 or 3 games before he goes down. I think he has been given more then a fair chance and he failed.

Beantown Bronco
08-10-2012, 11:31 AM
See that's the problem I have with it. Slowshown should just tear it up against the 2 nd team D. Not worth the money and also he can only make it 2 or 3 games before he goes down. I think he has been given more then a fair chance and he failed.

2nd team O blocking for him. That has to be taken into account as well.

Drek
08-10-2012, 11:36 AM

So Moreno in his first game since tearing his acl middle of last year and doing ok against 2nd stringers with our ****ty second string OL means he's worthless but Omon doing about the same against third stringers means he's worth keeping.

Sound logic there.

If healthy Moreno is easily in the top three backs on this roster. If we keep a deadbeat like Ball over him we'll end up regretting it.

spdirty
08-10-2012, 11:54 AM
So Moreno in his first game since tearing his acl middle of last year and doing ok against 2nd stringers with our ****ty second string OL means he's worthless but Omon doing about the same against third stringers means he's worth keeping.

Sound logic there.

If healthy Moreno is easily in the top three backs on this roster. If we keep a deadbeat like Ball over him we'll end up regretting it.

I say if Knowshow gets considerable PT the next 3 games and stays healthy and is effective keep him. But if his vagina gets hurt again see if we can trade him, if not cut him.

fdf
08-10-2012, 12:00 PM

No. I think it's a hangover from the "he was drafted by Satan" days.

DENVERDUI55
08-10-2012, 12:01 PM

Agreed then when Moreno is hurt after his 10 carries we can call Ball up and sign him to replace Slowshon.

2KBack
08-10-2012, 12:02 PM
2nd team O blocking for him. That has to be taken into account as well.

It is no secret that we couldn't run block for **** in the McD years, then we finally start getting some room to run with Tebow last season and Moreno tears a knee.

I will concede that he can't stay on the field, and that is his biggest flaw, but he is also one of the few players that have had managed to make something from nothing on our team the last few seasons. Maybe it hasn't been enough for those that judge players by draft position, but far more than guys like Ball or Oman so far.

I know you shouldn't judge players by a highlight reel, but honestly....
http://youtu.be/81oRCSfJ6Q4

He has skills you want on a team, even if he isn't featured

Bronco Yoda
08-10-2012, 12:24 PM
http://blog.amhill.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/unbreakable2.jpg

(My breakaway take-it-to-the-house Moreno speed makes up for my sandy vag... so says my apologists)

Lestat
08-10-2012, 01:01 PM

say what? the main issue most had with Moreno is that he's not a shifty game breaking terror. he just came back from a torn ACL. are you really expecting him to play like he's fully recovered? it takes two years to fully come back from that.

Cito Pelon
08-10-2012, 02:07 PM

Some silly little boy has to chime in with a cutesy nickname. Like a junior high girl would.

baja
08-10-2012, 02:20 PM

I thought so too except for the one play where he ran straight into a log jam of blocking lineman. Other than that he ran well.

Drek
08-10-2012, 02:53 PM
Agreed then when Moreno is hurt after his 10 carries we can call Ball up and sign him to replace Slowshon.

Sure. This is what IR is for.

We shouldn't be concerned with Moreno's health when his competition for a roster spot are guys like Lance Ball Dropper, Jeremiah "not the liver eating one" Johnson, and Xavier "Hugs and Kisses" Omon. We should only be concerned with which one of these guys gets to hang around waiting for Moreno's injury and which one of the other two gets called off his couch to take the #4 job over.

Agamemnon
08-10-2012, 03:13 PM

Moreno looked way better than Ball in that game. Then again, he always looks better than Ball. He just gets injured all the time.

broncolife
08-10-2012, 04:28 PM

I guess the birds and the bees have not been explained to you yet :)

JakeZ01
08-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Huh? Moreno averaged 5ypc against the 2's and Omon averaged 5.1 against the 3's and insurance salesmen. I mean Omon looked just fine, but he wasn't any more effective overall than Moreno last night.

also:
48 catches 473yds 9.9ypc

Oman:
11 carries 27yds 2.5ypc
0 catches

Of course Oman did play for the offensive powerhouse of Buffalo, probably was hard to get on the field.

Moreno may not be a superstar, but I find it hilarious that people think he is just a scrub

This guy gets a lot of hate here... he must have said something bad in the press? I don't get it.

Agamemnon
08-10-2012, 05:35 PM
This guy gets a lot of hate here... he must have said something bad in the press? I don't get it.

It's mostly blowback from him being picked so high by McD and his tendency to get hurt crossing the street. While he's certainly been a disappointment for a first round pick, the hate the guy gets on this board is just silly.

Hamrob
08-10-2012, 09:49 PM
I've been critical of Knowshon. He definitely was not worth the 12th pick of the draft. But, the guy will make a 53 man roster somewhere. If it's not ours, he'll play elsewhere.

Considering our stable is average.....I don't see how we cut him in favor of Oman or Johnson. My take on our backs:

1. Magahee
2. Moreno
3. Hillman
4. Ball

And...I do not think any other team would have Lance Ball on their 53 man roster!

Broncojef
08-10-2012, 10:00 PM
I'd like to see Omon against the second string at least but he was fun to watch last night. We've given Moreno enough chances already, I'm through with his act. Keep him through the second game of the year if we must, where he can fumble twice and get hurt again and we can cut ties once and for all.

SouthStndJunkie
08-10-2012, 10:13 PM
I think it was bronco militia that said Omon reminded him a little bit of Mike Anderson.

They have similar size: Xavier Omon is 5'11 and 227 pounds.

Mike Anderson was 6'0 and 230 pounds.

It was only one preseason game, but I'm intrigued.

I hope Denver gives him a lot of carries in the preseason as I want to get a better opportunity to evaluate him.

He might be the kind of player that has been overlooked and when give the opportunity, will kick some ass.

If I were John Fox, I'd give him the rock 20+ times in one of these preseason games to see if he is the kind of players that gets into a groove and ramps it up the more carries he gets in a game.

Marshall Dumervil
08-10-2012, 10:31 PM
I think it was bronco militia that said Omon reminded him a little bit of Mike Anderson.

They have similar size: Xavier Omon is 5'11 and 227 pounds.

Mike Anderson was 6'0 and 230 pounds.

It was only one preseason game, but I'm intrigued.

I hope Denver gives him a lot of carries in the preseason as I want to get a better opportunity to evaluate him.

He might be the kind of player that has been overlooked and when give the opportunity, will kick some ass.

If I were John Fox, I'd give him the rock 20+ times in one of these preseason games to see if he is the kind of players that gets into a groove and ramps it up the more carries he gets in a game.

Good points, I was impressed too. Being in Buffalo with that awful offense he probably didn't have much of a chance of seeing much playing time. I want to see more, how many great backs have come out of nowhere? TD, Arian Foster, you never know when you might find a guy that just needs the chance to shine.

errand
08-10-2012, 10:44 PM
It is no secret that we couldn't run block for **** in the McD years, then we finally start getting some room to run with Tebow last season and Moreno tears a knee.

I will concede that he can't stay on the field, and that is his biggest flaw, but he is also one of the few players that have had managed to make something from nothing on our team the last few seasons. Maybe it hasn't been enough for those that judge players by draft position, but far more than guys like Ball or Oman so far.

I know you shouldn't judge players by a highlight reel, but honestly....
http://youtu.be/81oRCSfJ6Q4

He has skills you want on a team, even if he isn't featured

I agree he needs to stay healthy, and trust me we could do alot worse than Knowshon as McGahee's back-up. i think the depth chart will be in no particular order McGahee, Hillman , Ball, and Moreno

Agamemnon
08-10-2012, 11:12 PM
I've been critical of Knowshon. He definitely was not worth the 12th pick of the draft. But, the guy will make a 53 man roster somewhere. If it's not ours, he'll play elsewhere.

Considering our stable is average.....I don't see how we cut him in favor of Oman or Johnson. My take on our backs:

1. Magahee
2. Moreno
3. Hillman
4. Ball

And...I do not think any other team would have Lance Ball on their 53 man roster!

I still can't comprehend why we would have him on ours...

Punisher
08-10-2012, 11:17 PM
he looks like Ron Dayne

Tombstone RJ
08-10-2012, 11:21 PM

1. Magahee
2. Moreno
3. Hillman
4. Omon or Johnson

That's the way I see it. Replace Ball with Omon. I'd even take JJ over Ball. Fact is the Broncos can cut Ball and he's not going to be picked up by another team. So if they need to bring Ball back later in the year due to injuries to one of the other RBs then he'll probably be available.

Johnson has speed, something the Broncos need at RB. So maybe the Broncos keep Johnson instead of Ball or Omon.

spdirty
08-10-2012, 11:31 PM
I don't pay attention to it, but I hear Ball is good on special teams. That's why he gets the roster spot. I'd prefer Jeremiah Johnso or Oman, but it is what it is. I'm ready for some Hillman, hopefully by the next preseason game.

baja
08-10-2012, 11:38 PM
A lot of Denver looking so good last night was Chicago sitting players and the rest of the team playing just to get it over with it seemed to me. Chicago needs a new head coach.

Agamemnon
08-10-2012, 11:43 PM
A lot of Denver looking so good last night was Chicago sitting players and the rest of the team playing just to get it over with it seemed to me. Chicago needs a new head coach.

No doubt. You never see 28 point blowouts in the preseason.

DenverBroncosJM
08-10-2012, 11:52 PM
he looks like Ron Dayne

Ahh that was a great Thanksgiving, thanks Ron!

Broncos4tw
08-10-2012, 11:55 PM
I still don't get why people are so high on Moreno. I'd take someone like Omon over Moreno any day. All Moreno continues to prove to me is that he can't run up the middle without getting squashed, and he gets injured if a strong breeze hits him. Who cares if he might break one every 3 years? Dude is so massively overrated at this point.

Agamemnon
08-10-2012, 11:58 PM
I still don't get why people are so high on Moreno. I'd take someone like Omon over Moreno any day. All Moreno continues to prove to me is that he can't run up the middle without getting squashed, and he gets injured if a strong breeze hits him. Who cares if he might break one every 3 years? Dude is so massively overrated at this point.

People barely ever say anything good about the guy, so I'm hard-pressed to figure out how he is overrated.

ozomulsion
08-11-2012, 12:25 AM

also:
48 catches 473yds 9.9ypc

Oman:
11 carries 27yds 2.5ypc
0 catches

You're right on as usual. This Moreno hate is just laughable. We haven't even seen Hillman play yet, and he's already better than a RB who's finished 2 seasons just shy of 1K. Yeah sure :flower: Moreno will be our 2nd string RB, and some members on here will talk about how we have the worst 2nd string RB in the league no matter how good he does. I'm expecting a very nice season out of him, barring injuries. He's also our best recieving back. For a RB to average almost 10 YPC is really Very good. Anyone who responds to this with some anti Moreno BS will be ignored.

ozomulsion
08-11-2012, 12:31 AM

Wow. He's only overated in Madden. I hope you meant overhated.

ZONA
08-11-2012, 03:55 AM
It's not even funny how much better McGahee is compared to our other backs. His vision, timing, just overall feel of the running game is so much better then anybody else we have. Granted, I haven't seen much of Hillman but we need to do a much better job of drafting runners, guys like McGahee rather then Moreno.

Drek
08-11-2012, 05:55 AM
Maybe because Moreno gave similar production going against better players in a pre-season game just eight months removed from tearing his ACL.

Or maybe because Moreno is just a far more dynamic player. You say he can't run up the middle, but then when has he had a healthy season where runs up the middle didn't mean a LB or DT sitting in every gap, waiting to nail him? His first two years he saw more consistent pressure behind the LOS than any back I've seen in the last two decades.

He's obviously got to develop better vision and stop dancing behind the LOS. But other than that he's got great lateral quickness, has an explosive first step, is strong in pass protection, runs solid routes, and has some of the best hands on the team.

Moreno's the kind of guy that if you give on him as a RB you'd be a fool not to move him to slot WR. Personally I think we should have him doing both already.

It's not even funny how much better McGahee is compared to our other backs. His vision, timing, just overall feel of the running game is so much better then anybody else we have. Granted, I haven't seen much of Hillman but we need to do a much better job of drafting runners, guys like McGahee rather then Moreno.

Fun facts:
Going into last season the coaching staff had Moreno ahead of McGahee on the roster, it was Moreno getting hurt that made McGahee the workhorse.

When healthy and getting more than just a handful of touches Moreno ran for a very comparable YPC as McGahee.

Last season was the second best YPC of McGahee's career, the one better season came as a part time back in Baltimore. The entire rest of his career, the majority of it as a starter, ranges from 3.8 to 4.1 YPC. His career average even after last year is still only 4.1 YPC.

Moreno's career YPC also happens to be 4.1. He also has a low of a 3.8 YPC season ('09). His next full season he had a YPC of 4.3, better than anything McGahee posted in his first six seasons in the league.

Moreno gets a lot of hate for his lack of production, but no RB has ever produced in the Bill Belichick/Josh McDaniels offense and our OL was never anything close to theirs in terms of size and system fit. Moreno is still a complete wildcard as a player assuming he stays healthy long enough to see him in an offense that isn't a ground game killer or one artificially propped up by the QB (which last year's running game clearly was).

Rohirrim
08-11-2012, 06:08 AM
I've given up defending Knowshon. It's a no-win proposition around here. I'll just watch the games unfold and see Manning turn Moreno into a weapon out of the backfield.

Hamrob
08-11-2012, 09:46 AM
I still don't get why people are so high on Moreno. I'd take someone like Omon over Moreno any day. All Moreno continues to prove to me is that he can't run up the middle without getting squashed, and he gets injured if a strong breeze hits him. Who cares if he might break one every 3 years? Dude is so massively overrated at this point.Dude when Oman plays against the one's, he won't even be able to break the line of scrimmage. Moreno plays with plenty of heart. He averages at least 4yds a carry and will make a 20yd rund from time to time. Not to mention he's good at catching the ball out of the backfield. If he stays Healthy, he's the 2nd best back on this team.

Reality is:

We'll probably do this:

Keep 4 backs (this is a passing team now)

1. Magahee
2. Gronk (best blocker)
3. Hillman (Elway's pick)
4. Ball (Studs guy), Johnson, Oman

5. They will do their best to trade Moreno and get a pick in exchange.

baja
08-11-2012, 10:13 AM
no way they go into the season with just Magahee Hillman and Ball.

Magahee is running on borrowed time, Hilman is a rookie and as of yet not an every down back and Ball, you kidding.

Broncos4tw
08-11-2012, 11:20 AM
I mean overrated as in.. why do we even have him on the team? He is injured ALL THE TIME. What good is he? He is an accident waiting to happen. I knew he was going to get hurt last year. And sure enough.. starts having his first good game and *bam*.. out for the count.

He has a glass everything. I don't even want him on the team.

Drek
08-11-2012, 01:03 PM
I mean overrated as in.. why do we even have him on the team? He is injured ALL THE TIME. What good is he? He is an accident waiting to happen. I knew he was going to get hurt last year. And sure enough.. starts having his first good game and *bam*.. out for the count.

He has a glass everything. I don't even want him on the team.

He's played in 36 games over 3 years, including tearing an ACL. Its way too early to cut him in favor of waiver wire types.

Broncos4tw
08-11-2012, 01:40 PM
We seem to crank out 1000 yard rushers without much of a problem. He has had 0 1000 yard seasons. In 3 years, he only has 2 100 yard games! He gets stuffed up the middle when we need a first down, and he is constantly getting injured. What has he done to warrant keeping him? Potential?

Portis, Droughns, Anderson, Bell, McGahee.. all seemed to have no problem rolling into town and getting 1k seasons. And Moreno can't get it done in 3 years. Not sure how many years we have to talk about this guy and all his "potential," but I'm tired of him.

baja
08-11-2012, 01:43 PM
This is clearly the make or break season for KM.

He will get this year and it is his last shot IMO.

Agamemnon
08-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Maybe because Moreno gave similar production going against better players in a pre-season game just eight months removed from tearing his ACL.

Or maybe because Moreno is just a far more dynamic player. You say he can't run up the middle, but then when has he had a healthy season where runs up the middle didn't mean a LB or DT sitting in every gap, waiting to nail him? His first two years he saw more consistent pressure behind the LOS than any back I've seen in the last two decades.

He's obviously got to develop better vision and stop dancing behind the LOS. But other than that he's got great lateral quickness, has an explosive first step, is strong in pass protection, runs solid routes, and has some of the best hands on the team.

Moreno's the kind of guy that if you give on him as a RB you'd be a fool not to move him to slot WR. Personally I think we should have him doing both already.

Fun facts:
Going into last season the coaching staff had Moreno ahead of McGahee on the roster, it was Moreno getting hurt that made McGahee the workhorse.

When healthy and getting more than just a handful of touches Moreno ran for a very comparable YPC as McGahee.

Last season was the second best YPC of McGahee's career, the one better season came as a part time back in Baltimore. The entire rest of his career, the majority of it as a starter, ranges from 3.8 to 4.1 YPC. His career average even after last year is still only 4.1 YPC.

Moreno's career YPC also happens to be 4.1. He also has a low of a 3.8 YPC season ('09). His next full season he had a YPC of 4.3, better than anything McGahee posted in his first six seasons in the league.

Moreno gets a lot of hate for his lack of production, but no RB has ever produced in the Bill Belichick/Josh McDaniels offense and our OL was never anything close to theirs in terms of size and system fit. Moreno is still a complete wildcard as a player assuming he stays healthy long enough to see him in an offense that isn't a ground game killer or one artificially propped up by the QB (which last year's running game clearly was).

You pretty much nailed it. When healthy the guy is comparable to McGahee overall (good but not great). Unfortunately, he just can't stay healthy.

CEH
08-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Knowshown ran with JJ and Gordon today at camp.

He doesn't play ST and doesn't have the dynamic burst to make a real impression

I think he was being showcased for trade on Thurs night. Never sniffed a 2nd team rep today as Ball took all 2nd team rep and the team had a padded practice today

Maghee, Hillman and Ball look to be the top 3 backs with a FB on the roster as well

Good luck Knowshown. If he makes the team he would have done something this TC to deserve so I'm just not holding my breath

UberBroncoMan
08-11-2012, 06:03 PM
I'll never get the teams fascination with Ball. He's as average as they come. The ONLY aspects I like about him is that he's a good teammate and a nice person.

Bronco Yoda
08-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Problem is KM is NOT as good McGahee even when healthy. He has no vision. And that's something you just can't teach.

He isn't strong enough to muscle up the middle for the tough yards. He's not fast enough to EVER take it to the house when things are open. He's not quick enough to get around the edge as well as McGahee. He's not durable enough to even stay healthy.

He's a decent blocker and can catch & run for a few yards when given space out wide. But even then will NEVER be a threat it to the house when things are wide open. Very frustrating.

Is he power? NO
Is he speed? NO
Does he have vision? NO
Quickness? The lack of vision seems to kill whatever quicks he has.

WTF does he bring? He can't stay healthy. He can't bull people over. He can't outrun people. He can't make people miss. He doesn't wear out the defense. He has his moments.... but these moment's are too few.

I do think the coach's trust him not to blow assignments and not to lose yards or the ball. Whooooptyfrickennnnndooodaaaa!

CEH
08-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Problem is KM is NOT as good McGahee even when healthy. He has no vision. And that's something you just can't teach.

He isn't strong enough to muscle up the middle for the tough yards. He's not fast enough to EVER take it to the house when things are open. He's not quick enough to get around the edge as well as McGahee. He's not durable enough to even stay healthy.

He's a decent blocker and can catch & run for a few yards when given space out wide. But even then will NEVER be a threat it to the house when things are wide open. Very frustrating.

Is he power? NO
Is he speed? NO
Does he have vision? NO
Quickness? The lack of vision seems to kill whatever quicks he has.

WTF does he bring? He can't stay healthy. He can't bull people over. He can't outrun people. He can't make people miss. He doesn't wear out the defense. He has his moments.... but these moment's are too few.

I do think the coach's trust him not to blow assignments and not to lose yards or the ball. Whooooptyfrickennnnndooodaaaa!

Backed up today on thier own 5 yard line Moreno took zero reps. Every other RB took reps running it up the gut for 3-5 yards

Take it for what it's worth . Maybe they are limiting his contact. Yeah thats the ticket

BroncoBeavis
08-11-2012, 06:36 PM
The thing that was intriguing about Omon is at first glance he seemed to have a good feel for letting blocks develop. Nothing's more frustrating than watching someone (Knowshow) dive into the brick wall the second they get the ball.

Bronco Yoda
08-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Omon looked good Thur. A big thick runner with some push. I'd like to see him take some first team snaps in the next couple games to see where he is really at.

ozomulsion
08-11-2012, 11:27 PM
Some of these people remind me of denverbroncos.com. Like OMG Omon FTW Moreno 4teh SUXOR!

Bacchus
08-11-2012, 11:56 PM
I'll never get the teams fascination with Ball. He's as average as they come. The ONLY aspects I like about him is that he's a good teammate and a nice person.

Ball averaged 4.2 YPC last year. What do you want out of a backup?
He is a great backup because he does everything and he makes few mistakes.

Now I can see him getting cut if Denver feels that Hillman and Omon are actually good enough to maybe start in the NFL someday. Then maybe there won't be any room for Ball because all he'll ever be is a back-up.

I don't criticize Ball because he is what he is. Nothing flashy but a person you like on your team. If Ball gets cut that is a good thing. That means Denver has improved a lot in that area.

I loved the way Omon ran. Ball will never give you that type of explosiveness. If Omon can get the other aspects down as far as receiving, blocking and not fumbling he could push Ball off the roster.

Bronco Yoda
08-12-2012, 12:03 AM
Like you know better Ozo.

Bronco Yoda
08-12-2012, 12:06 AM
Ball is what he is. We already know what KM is. Time to see if we can find a diamond in the rough with our other RB's. McGahee isn't getting any younger.

alkemical
08-12-2012, 12:13 AM
oman seems to be a Fox back.

Broncos4tw
08-12-2012, 12:19 AM
Try to spin it however you want - KM has had 0 1k seasons in 3 years, and 2 100 rushing games in THREE YEARS. Yea.. dude is amazing. Hope we keep him around forever.

Why is this important? Teams that have a 100 yard rusher win around 75% of those games. This I'd say.. is a kind of important stat. In three years with the team.. he has given us that advantage.. twice. Yea.. dude is fricking a stud.

TomServo
08-12-2012, 02:08 AM
Some of these people remind me of denverbroncos.com. Like OMG Omon FTW Moreno 4teh SUXOR!
as if morenos avg numbers werent enough. 12th pick in entire draft? after all that dissapointment i still didnt "hate" him. it was his attitude. his dumbassed happy hand slap dance. his dancing in the endzone during the worst home loss to the freaking raiders.(twice)-some team mate had to restrain him doing some stupid turtle thing endzone thing same game. he's avg. lets not pay him 1st round $

TomServo
08-12-2012, 02:22 AM
he seems to be good as a reciever. he was just a waste of a #12 pick. i think i said he would be good as a reciever like 2 1/2 years ago. and McD is still getting paid by the broncos. or is he? i dont know. but i freking knew KM wasnt an nfl running back.

Tombstone RJ
08-12-2012, 08:25 AM
The Broncos may be trying to work a trade for Moreno (as CEH has noted in previous posts) but I doubt they pull the trigger unless it's a good deal. Moreno has some serious flaws but it will be interesting to see if a Manning lead offense can make him a better threat out of the backfield.

Ball is the safest bet to make the roster because he is reliable, a good teammate and plays special teams. That being said I still think outside of Hillman the Broncos lack speed at RB. It makes sense to keep JJ unless they just don't think he can be an effective RB because he does not do well running inside. However, you can't coach speed.

CEH
08-12-2012, 08:30 AM
Problem is the NFL would rather have durability than ability in their backups and the average fan has it ass backwards

Go back and read ever pro Moreno post in this thread and it includes the caveat *when heathly

Dude can't stay heathy and that is why Ball is running #2

The jury 4 years in is still out on Knowshown and his ability to be there for the entire season

Bacchus
08-12-2012, 08:33 AM
Problem is the NFL would rather have durability than ability in their backups and the average fan has it ass backwards

Go back and read ever pro Moreno post in this thread and it includes the caveat *when heathly

The jury 4 years in is still out on Knowshown and his ability to be there for the entire season

Quoted for truth

DarkHorse30
08-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Omon looked good Thur. A big thick runner with some push. I'd like to see him take some first team snaps in the next couple games to see where he is really at.

Agreed....and he appears to have vision, and toughness.

2KBack
08-12-2012, 01:11 PM

That's somewhat disingenuous...until he tore his ACL I believe he had only missed 3 games.

DBroncos4life
08-12-2012, 01:37 PM
If Denver was to trade Moreno, I would hope they pick up Ryan Grant. I think he would make a better back up then JJ. McGahee, Hillman, Grant, and Ball wouldn't be that bad of RB's. Really I haven't ever been impressed with Ball or JJ, though Ball doesn't do anything wrong I just don't think he would be good if McGahee miss more then a few games.

DemonEagles
08-12-2012, 02:19 PM
I saw O play a ton. He was a beast.

Marshall Dumervil
08-12-2012, 02:48 PM
I saw O play a ton. He was a beast.

I might need a drawing to convince me.

DENVERDUI55
08-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Oman looked pretty good. A lot better than Slowshon. Slowshon only makes this team for his pass protection and catching balls on checkdowns in my opinion.

Goobzilla
08-12-2012, 07:15 PM
No one really wows me at RB right now, but I hope to get to see Hillman this week. Moreno is meh to me. Not playing ST's is really going to hurt him if the competition gets tight towards the end of camp.

Conklin
08-15-2012, 07:59 AM
Contrary to what NFL preseason fanatics may think, Xavier Omon did not show up out of nowhere.
Rather, the Broncos' backup running back came from everywhere.

Read more: Running back Xavier Omon in rush to establish NFL roots with Denver Broncos - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21314387/xavier-omon-rush-establish-nfl-roots-denver-broncos#ixzz23chfGaJr
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

LRtagger
08-15-2012, 09:40 AM
Omon came out the same draft as Ball. Probably the most stacked RB draft in recent memory...

Forte
McFadden
Rice
CJ2K
JStew
Mendenhall
Felix Jones
Jamaal Charles
Torain
Hightower

He may have been a higher pick in another draft, but he hasnt done anything in his career to suggest he was drafted too late.

socalorado
08-15-2012, 09:50 AM
Where are the links about DEN trying to trade slowshon?
Anyone?
I would absolutely LOVE it if they could aquire a rotational O-linemen or D-linemen out of a trade.
Man, does DEN need help in the trenches now.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-15-2012, 10:10 AM
Where are the links about DEN trying to trade slowshon?
Anyone?
I would absolutely LOVE it if they could aquire a rotational O-linemen or D-linemen out of a trade.
Man, does DEN need help in the trenches now.

Why do people expect anyone to give us value for Knowshon right now? He's off a knee injury and hasn't exactly been lighting it up. Why sell low? Let him play on his cheap contract and see if he can step it up this season. If you want some "rotational lineman" we'd receive in return, I'm sure Jeremy Jarmon is still around somewhere.

socalorado
08-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Why do people expect anyone to give us value for Knowshon right now? He's off a knee injury and hasn't exactly been lighting it up. Why sell low? Let him play on his cheap contract and see if he can step it up this season. If you want some "rotational lineman" we'd receive in return, I'm sure Jeremy Jarmon is still around somewhere.

Nah. Slowshon is a POS.
And i already know he blows. He blew when he didnt have the knee problem.
So i say trade him for a linemen, cause the way folks are going down to injury DEN is gonna need them.

Beantown Bronco
08-15-2012, 10:52 AM
Nah. Slowshon is a POS.
So i say trade him for a linemen, cause the way folks are going down to injury DEN is gonna need them.

2600 all purpose yards and 18 TDs in just over two seasons of work. Yup, clearly he blows. We have dozens of guys on our roster who have proven they can do that in their sleep.......or not.

And in case you haven't noticed our RBs (even outside of Knowshon) aren't exactly the picture of health. We need him and his productivity.

socalorado
08-15-2012, 11:03 AM
2600 all purpose yards and 18 TDs in just over two seasons of work. Yup, clearly he blows. We have dozens of guys on our roster who have proven they can do that in their sleep.......or not.

And in case you haven't noticed our RBs (even outside of Knowshon) aren't exactly the picture of health. We need him and his productivity.

Theres the BS, all-purpose garbage yards example again.
Slowshon is leading the way in meaningless yards after the game is already over totals!
Hes also fighting for the team lead in DUI's as well.
Keep padding those stats Slowshon!
Also, who the frick is "we"? Hilarious!
What do you need him for? To hang off those tiny dingleberries of his?Hilarious!

The RB stable of MCGahee, Hillman, Ball and Omon is more than enough.

Beantown Bronco
08-15-2012, 11:07 AM
Keep ignoring the 18 TDs.

socalorado
08-15-2012, 11:19 AM
Keep ignoring the 18 TDs.

Thats exactly what Elway, Fox and Co. have done. Ignore Slowshon.
Which is why they brought in McGahee, and then moved up to draft Hillman in the 3rd last draft.

Beantown Bronco
08-15-2012, 11:22 AM
The RB stable of MCGahee, Hillman, Ball and Omon is more than enough.

Hillman's already hurt

McGahee is on the wrong side of 30, has only played one full season and has only carried the ball more than 170 times ONCE since 2007.

Ball and Omon are huge question marks.

That's hardly "more than enough".

2KBack
08-15-2012, 11:33 AM
Thats exactly what Elway, Fox and Co. have done. Ignore Slowshon.
Which is why they brought in McGahee, and then moved up to draft Hillman in the 3rd last draft.

Huh?
Drafting a 3rd round RB means the other guys are being "ignored?"

Is that why we drafted Portis when TD was still on the team
or
why Carolina drafted Stewart when they Had Williams
or
Gerhart was drafted with AP on the team
or
Michael Bush was signed with Forte on the team
or
Hillis was signed by KC while Charles is still there

DENVERDUI55
08-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Nah. Slowshon is a POS.

I'd love to ship the slow drunk RB out of town. I think he sticks strickly because of 3rd down skills blocking and catching passes.

socalorado
08-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Huh?
Drafting a 3rd round RB means the other guys are being "ignored?"

Is that why we drafted Portis when TD was still on the team
or
why Carolina drafted Stewart when they Had Williams
or
Gerhart was drafted with AP on the team
or
Michael Bush was signed with Forte on the team
or
Hillis was signed by KC while Charles is still there

Nope. Just 1 guy. Slowshon.
The EXACT reason why Hillman was drafted.
Cause Slowshon sucks.
And Mcgahee has been stellar in DEN.

socalorado
08-15-2012, 12:41 PM
I'd love to ship the slow drunk RB out of town. I think he sticks strickly because of 3rd down skills blocking and catching passes.

We will see.

lonestar
08-15-2012, 12:43 PM
Cause Slowshon sucks.

think you need to apply to the Denver Broncos since you Shirley have more knowledge in teh game than Elway does.. :thumbs:

Beantown Bronco
08-15-2012, 12:45 PM
Cause Slowshon sucks.

McGahee had only 5 TDs to go with 3 lost fumbles, but he's stellar compared to Moreno? Both had the same ypc last year. And Moreno is inarguably better at catching the ball.

Not to mention Moreno also had to run behind arguably the worst OLine in the league in 2009 and 2010.

I just don't get how one can be so blinded by hate that they can't budge just a little bit from such a ridiculous stance.

socalorado
08-15-2012, 12:47 PM
think you need to apply to the Denver Broncos since you Shirley, have more knowledge in teh game than Elway does.. :thumbs:

I should start using the word "we" more often too, in reference to me and Elway and what "we" think as a duo in regards to football operations too.
I did ask Elway to not call me Shirley while "we" were gameplanning, though.
Hilarious!

socalorado
08-15-2012, 12:51 PM
McGahee had only 5 TDs to go with 3 lost fumbles, but he's stellar compared to Moreno? Both had the same ypc last year. And Moreno is inarguably better at catching the ball.

Not to mention Moreno also had to run behind arguably the worst OLine in the league in 2009 and 2010.

I just don't get how one can be so blinded by hate that they can't budge just a little bit from such a ridiculous stance.

Simple.
Slow, no vision, unproductive, gets his yards in garbage time.
Cant or wont block.
ALWAYS injured.
Is an idiot in his private life and gets DUI's.

Beantown Bronco
08-15-2012, 01:00 PM
Simple.
gets his yards in garbage time.

This is like the 10th time I've seen this from you now. Please provide proof, or admit you're making it up.

Just to prove you wrong quickly, I'll provide the stats you won't:

2011:

Worst numbers by far are his 4th quarter numbers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9276/situational;_ylt=AinIIbpmYZTxWP32jOuxaPn.uLYF

2010:

again - nothing jumping out at me that shows some ridiculous rise in numbers in the 4th quarter of games. He's better if anything early on.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9276/situational;_ylt=AinIIbpmYZTxWP32jOuxaPn.uLYF?year =2010

2009:

again - nothing at all to support your argument

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9276/situational;_ylt=AinIIbpmYZTxWP32jOuxaPn.uLYF?year =2009

Bronco Yoda
08-15-2012, 01:01 PM
And yet old Mcgahee goes in there and our O-line doesn't look all that bad. Funny how that works.

Beantown Bronco
08-15-2012, 01:03 PM
And yet old Mcgahee goes in there and our O-line doesn't look all that bad. Funny how that works.

Moreno had the exact same ypc in 2011. Best of his career. So clearly SOMETHING changed. It had little to do with who was actually carrying the ball though.

2KBack
08-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Simple.
Slow, no vision, unproductive, gets his yards in garbage time.
Cant or wont block.
ALWAYS injured.
Is an idiot in his private life and gets DUI's.

You seem to be bringing very little evidence to the argument, just lots of rabid opinions.

Could you please cite the garbage time games all the productivity came from? Or in what way beyond the stupid DUI (which admittedly is stupid, but certainly not uncommon) that he is an idiot in his private life. I'm curious how you know what he does in private.

socalorado
08-15-2012, 01:15 PM
This is like the 10th time I've seen this from you now. Please provide proof, or admit you're making it up.

Just to prove you wrong quickly, I'll provide the stats you won't:

2011:

Worst numbers by far are his 4th quarter numbers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9276/situational;_ylt=AinIIbpmYZTxWP32jOuxaPn.uLYF

2010:

again - nothing jumping out at me that shows some ridiculous rise in numbers in the 4th quarter of games. He's better if anything early on.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9276/situational;_ylt=AinIIbpmYZTxWP32jOuxaPn.uLYF?year =2010

2009:

again - nothing at all to support your argument

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9276/situational;_ylt=AinIIbpmYZTxWP32jOuxaPn.uLYF?year =2009

There is no argument. Post all the BS you want. It also doesnt show him to be productive anywhere in games at any time.
He gets garbage yards, in blow out games and is always injured.
So he runs here and there for some yards in the 1st half of games. Good for him, hes freakin out there so he should get something.
Overall, Slowshon blows.
And hes always injured.
And hes an idiot off the field.

McGahee is 10 times as productive.

socalorado
08-15-2012, 01:17 PM
You seem to be bringing very little evidence to the argument, just lots of rabid opinions.

Could you please cite the garbage time games all the productivity came from? Or in what way beyond the stupid DUI (which admittedly is stupid, but certainly not uncommon) that he is an idiot in his private life. I'm curious how you know what he does in private.

He gets injured in his private life. Getting up off the couch.
And he gets DUIs.
Yeah, hes an idiot.
You look it up.
Anyone who has watched this no-talent assclown knows hes slow, has no vision, and sucks overall.

Beantown Bronco
08-15-2012, 01:23 PM
There is no argument. .

You're right. There isn't. I've destroyed your claims one by one. You have offered nothing in response. May as well wave the white flag.

It also doesnt show him to be productive anywhere in games at any time. .

He's actually got better production than any other skill position player on our team.....by far.

He gets garbage yards, in blow out games.

Once again, proven wrong. It's cute that you think this though.

and is always injured. .

No more than your boyfriend, McGahee, judging by his last few seasons.

McGahee is 10 times as productive .

Please provide any evidence of this. Last year, he was good, but still wasn't very productive in the redzone. Again, he had the same ypc as Moreno, but not as many TDs as Moreno has had with us on a per game basis.

There is literally no way you can make an argument for him being 10 times as productive. As productive? Maybe in terms of yards and yards per carry, but nothing else. And certainly not ten times more productive at anything. Unless, of course, you're going back to his time in Baltimore. But that's a whole other argument.

Nwp-Apap
08-15-2012, 01:44 PM
He gets injured in his private life. Getting up off the couch.
And he gets DUIs.
Yeah, hes an idiot.
You look it up.
Anyone who has watched this no-talent assclown knows hes slow, has no vision, and sucks overall.

What's the over/under on this fools age?

I'm gonna put it at 15 and take the under.

socalorado
08-15-2012, 01:51 PM
You're right. There isn't. I've destroyed your claims one by one. You have offered nothing in response. May as well wave the white flag.

You havent produced anything but your BS typical stat line which proves nothing.
If your cheesedick stats meant something, Moreno wouldnt be listed as the
4th string RB, with an injured rookie ahead of him, with no NFL experience and no touches.

He's actually got better production than any other skill position player on our team.....by far.

Actually no. Your wrong again. Cause he always injured. And Tebow was the most productive skill position player........by far.
Once again. proven Wrong.

Once again, proven wrong. It's cute that you think this though.

No more than your boyfriend, McGahee, judging by his last few seasons.

McGahee at 30 played outstanding all year, which is more than slowshon can say in ANY year hes been in the NFL. I guess Slowshon is just too busy getting drunk and then driving.

Please provide any evidence of this. Last year, he was good, but still wasn't very productive in the redzone. Again, he had the same ypc as Moreno, but not as many TDs as Moreno has had with us on a per game basis.

There is literally no way you can make an argument for him being 10 times as productive. As productive? Maybe in terms of yards and yards per carry, but nothing else. And certainly not ten times more productive at anything. Unless, of course, you're going back to his time in Baltimore. But that's a whole other argument.

Mcgahee= 10 times as productive.

:wave:

socalorado
08-15-2012, 01:52 PM
What's the over/under on this fools age?

I'm gonna put it at 15 and take the under.

Hey everyone!
Its Beantown Broncos other account alias!
He also goes by Cumrag occasionally.

2KBack
08-15-2012, 02:08 PM
I typically assume anyone who thinks insults, and "cute" nicknames count as empirical evidence of opinion is a teenager.

"Because he sucks, and I hate him" is the kind of argument my 6 year old makes

Beantown Bronco
08-15-2012, 02:09 PM
You havent produced anything but your BS typical stat line which proves nothing.

I've provided brand new official nfl split stats. BS? Please. Owned.

Actually no. Your wrong again. Cause he always injured. And Tebow was the most productive skill position player........by far.

He's on the Jets, not Broncos. Sorry. Once again....proven wrong.

McGahee at 30 played outstanding all year, which is more than slowshon can say in ANY year hes been in the NFL.

Ummmm, McGahee did not even play all season long. Once again....proven wrong.

Beantown Bronco
08-15-2012, 02:10 PM
Hey everyone!
Its Beantown Broncos other account alias!
He also goes by Cumrag occasionally.

Completely unnecessary. Grow up.

socalorado
08-15-2012, 02:16 PM
I've provided brand new official nfl split stats. BS? Please. Owned.

Yeah. Its your usual BS. OWNED.

He's on the Jets, not Broncos. Sorry. Once again....proven wrong.
Sorry. OWNED. He was on the Broncos last year, when you and your BS, cheesedick stats proved that Slowshon was injured, drunk or not producing, yet Tebow was. OWNED.
Ummmm, McGahee did not even play all season long. Once again....proven wrong.
Ummm, Moreno was injured or drunk or sucking all last year. Once again....proven wrong. OWNED

Try to use the word "owned" more often in your posts.
I will do the same. :wave:

socalorado
08-15-2012, 02:17 PM
Completely unnecessary. Grow up.

I almost used Methwolfe, but i figured you would have literally cried, so i spared you of this. Hilarious!

Beantown Bronco
08-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Looks like someone hijacked socalorado's account. It's the only logical explanation for his all of a sudden going full retard.

socalorado
08-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Looks like someone hijacked socalorado's account. It's the only logical explanation for his all of a sudden going full retard.

Completely unnecessary. Grow up. :wave:

Beantown Bronco
08-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Completely unnecessary. Grow up. :wave:

You're right. I'll change the word "someone" in my prior post to "jhns". It's clear that you're choosing to go down that road for whatever reason.

socalorado
08-15-2012, 03:40 PM
You're right. I'll change the word "someone" in my prior post to "jhns". It's clear that you're choosing to go down that road for whatever reason.

:kiss: